Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Kalpana

The smartest of people sometimes do the follishest of things sometimes. So this will be Viveka's most foolish act

Matters of the heart...

Yes agree Nisha . Warren Buffett famously said you can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant ☺️ no matter the best of effort, time and intention. 

Raanav is in a tearing hurry, and Viveka is trying to go with the flow. Again no matter the best intentions, even relationships evolve and good ones will stand the test of time😊

Looking forward to more. This is huge. Their budding relationship is like petrichor . Theirs has got that earthy fragrance . Clean air, wet ground, rain, thunderstorm, bacteria and chemistry. The point being there is no petrichor without bacteria. You need bacteria to do its job too😆

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

How some narrow minded people make happy occasion stressful and fill with sorrow. This chapter was so close to what happen in real life. Looking forward for next post to see how Rannav  and Veeveka will sail through their love boat with so many turbulence around them.

veenu.arshi thumbnail

Very nicely written about the budding relationship between the samdhies and the way they covered up for the drama queens of their  families

anu’s roller coaster with jet-lag,dadi’s nagging,smrita’s absence , savi-kamal’s interaction and veev’s naarebazi (which I am sure in any other occasion she would have been very proud of but not that moment) I totally feel for her , as a mom who is well earning would definitely want to give her daughter a better wedding than in community center

Veev is hurt as she thinks her mom is not happy with her work..but I think she will understand why she said that ..

Nisha - whether the wedding is in community center or a destination or in a mandir or a hall ... I am sure your way of narration will definitely be a treat for us 

Would love to know what raanav’s reaction is for smrita’s absence at mathur’s 

Eagerly waiting to read more 

Sudha1012 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nisha mam pls update 2 lengthyyyy.... chapters

Plssssss... sorry to disturb you

Iam so so addicted to your writing 

Sudha1012 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Iam feeling as if they are living next to my house

Your  writing is so real

Edited by Sudha1012 - 3 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Names & Things

Of course she hadn’t left for Dubai, she was going later in the evening. She had chosen to dine with the Tandons instead for lunch, at some over priced five star hotel

It did bother her tho on the inside

She didn’t want to do this to Raanav

He had been her sounding board and ally. Wonder what had gotten into him,  he wanted to marry that girl

She didn’t know where they lived what was being served at lunch, she did not care

Lekha was not in town, Tandons wanted Rakshit at lunch, but Satya had spoken some blistering words and had ordered Rakshit to go with him instead

“He will marry her, you can sulk all you want”

“Not if I have anything to do with it so go ahead and try all you want”

“I am not going to fight with you like a 12 year old Smri, but this is not done”

“I am not going to do that either Satya, I don’t like her, I don’t like that family… I don’t need to go economy class to Germany” she let the cracks show

Anubha made her insecure and jealous

Savita Shrivastav had called her and told her about Anubha’s Germany biz trip

“Whoaa?” Satyen was confused

“I heard she went to Germany…. Ooooo… BIG DEAL” she waved mockingly in pretend scare

“That’s stupid Smri”

“No its not, its their attempt to rub it in on our faces we have a private jet you think I care?”

The make up was off

“She went to Germany so you wont go have lunch?”

“Nope, she can go wherever she wants I am not going…”

“Good for you” he hugged and kissed her forehead

“You think I am powerless”

“Not at all” he hugged her again and shook his head

“Main jaanti hoon aap kya kar rahe ho, I don’t like that girl her sarees, those glasses, that potli she carries overstuffed with papers… umm.. like she is some”

Before she could say “rag picker or kabari”

Satyen looked at her warningly

“Stop right now”

“I am… I don’t have time for this… I have to drive across town”

“You are so egotistical when it comes to Mathurs… you run after Tandons” he mocked

He gave it back to her, his unhappiness at her behavior knew no bounds

She faltered a bit as she realized

“Oh yeah I AM the LADKE ki Maa”

“It’s the 21st century Satya” she scoffed

“I am glad you realized it on your way to see Tandons”

She walked away worrying how she was going to “kiss and make up” later in the evening

Her bigger worry was Raanav

But for now she was going to go enjoy Tandons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rakshit and Viveka actually managed to chat for a while

Naina came out just to spy on her

Rakshit greeted her awkwardly

naina ignored him and went inside with her plate of food

"Sorry she is in a bad mood" Viveka squirmed

They were in her room, he was going through her glass bookshelf and all the books stacked in the adjacent open bookshelf

"Raanav doesnt read much,"

"He told me... he said he bought a bunch of Econ books" she turned red as she admitted

"He is besotted" Rakshit said in awe looking back and forth at the books and at her

"Thanks" she didnt know what else to say

“When Lekha is in town would you like to go out to lunch?” he asked politely

“Umm.. yeah sure” she nodded politely

“Great”

He asked her about some of her articles

Outside Dadi snored on the sofa, Satyen and Akash talked animatedly about lending rates and capital investments

It was almost close to 5

Satyen had brought a silver gift bag

No one knew what was in it

Until Diya opened it at the dining table and screeched, it was a luxury watch for Viveka, Diya unboxed it and screeched, Viveka returned it but Satyen did not accept it

Akash and Anu tried to convince him but no luck

Anu and Akash exchanged very uncomfy looks, "Chaliye" Akash mumbled as if accepting it

Viveka went inside to make another cup of chai for everyone

It was a mess all around she realized

From expensive gifts to no MIL to her own parents fumbling

When the Parashars left Dadi began gossiping with Bua about “HOW the wedding should be”

Lots of commotion between Mathurs and Bua and Dadi

Dadu went off to take a nap

Viveka went to her room and lay down and closed her eyes

There, Smrita found out that her husband had gifted a $50K watch to Viveka

“For a self respecting girl she must have sure loved the gift, Satya” she chuckled like champagne glasses clinking

“Nope” he said stretching as he sat in the lounger in their bedroom and watched the sprinklers go off

“Oh pleez”

“She did return it” "Its in the car"

“Shes a smart girl” "That was a really smart move actually" “she knows when she is a Parashar it will be hers for the taking”

“Actually she told Raanav she is keeping her last name Smri”☺️

He shut his eyes and began to take a nap, unperturbed

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Smrita 0 Viveka 1.

Smrita is not even trying to get to know Viveka or her family.  And why this comparison with Anubha?  They are not even in the same sphere of existence. 

How is Raanav going to react?    I am imagining scenarios now.  

Creative001 thumbnail

At least Smrita is not shallow. She is aware that she disappointed Satyen and Raanav. She wants to make it up but doesn’t know how... She knows Mathur girls are way beyond her league as they are intellectuals, kind, successful, have their own identity  and humble but not ready to accept that as all she has is her husband’s money and her husband’s identity. Reality is slowly seeping in... but only time will tell if she will take a step or continue to ghost her future daughter-in-law and her family.

Creative001 thumbnail

Reality is slowly setting in for Viveka. She is realising many are not happy with this marriage. Smirta, Naina and to an extent her mother. Will she discuss this with Raanav? 

She doesn’t want a big wedding... understandable as it goes against her beliefs and values but she also needs to think from her parents shoes. Anbhua already feels or made to feel inadequate and if she gets her daughter married in a community centre ... then she will never hear the end of it from Dadi, Savita and Smrita. Hope Raanav and Viveka find a middle ground about the wedding. 

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It’s weekend ... can we get two updates please ...