Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joycee19 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Chapaak was a "niche" movie, I think everyone will agree to that. Her 2014 disastrous film Finding Fanny, directed by Homi Adajania, also had a better start at Rs 5.10 crore. 

Not to forget, she was playing an acid attack survivor which cuts off the relatability factor. 

Other factors--

1. It clashed with Tanhaji.

2. The trailer was badly cut.

3.  JNU incident happened a few days before, which backfired majorly.

When it's other actress movie, the solo reason is lack of star power

When it's Deepika movie it's bcoz "niche" movie, clashed with this and that and many other blah blah reasons.

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Chapaak was a "niche" movie, I think everyone will agree to that. Her 2014 disastrous film Finding Fanny, directed by Homi Adajania, also had a better start at Rs 5.10 crore. 

Not to forget, she was playing an acid attack survivor which cuts off the relatability factor. 

Other factors--

1. It clashed with Tanhaji.

2. The trailer was badly cut.

3.  JNU incident happened a few days before, which backfired majorly.

Anushka's "niche" film Pari also opened 4 cr in 2018 so what does this about deepika? And i really wonder what the opening of chapaak would be without her PR drama in JNU.

Finding Fanny was a multi star and beside that nobody said that she wasnt no1 from 2013-2015, however afterwards there was no no1 actress untill alia took over after raazi. Even now there is no clear no1 after kalank floped so badly.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaya65

The tragedy is that the opening day of the so called no1 actress  solo films isnt higher than 4 cr😆

Yes it’s tragic travesty 

Tragesty as I like to say 😎 

GumGum thumbnail

Her 2014 disastrous film Finding Fanny, directed by Homi Adajania, also had a better start at Rs 5.10 crore. 

4.5 crore

https://boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=2300

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Dude 😂 

That’s so sad 😞 

GumGum thumbnail

Deepika and Alia both had rapid rise and fall. both had 3 years of chaandni. Before that they were nobody or floppy. After that they are no one cares/floppy. When the period is short people like to deny or question the stardom after they go out of sight. Jaise iss thread mein Kajol ke saath ho raha hai. Kajol was at #1 position for only 2-3 years (Similar to Rani's). So anyone can say Kajol Rani weren't #1 and you can't argue with them after a decade since you don't care about the past decade's heroines anymore.

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Till date Ormax doesn't make sense to me. To me being #1 is not a form of people's opinion or bot filled SM accounts. It's numbers that matter. How many top endorsements do they have, how much can they charge for their work, are their movies considered hits and then whether bought or not how many awards are they winning? Deepika and Alia are without a doubt top 2 but in recent years Alia has come out on top. When Deepika can sweep the awards again where we roll our eyes and talk about how predictable her win is then I will think she took her position back from Alia. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Deepika is lucky, being No 1 since 2014 even though she can't act. But then she took over from Katrina who couldnt act too.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Kangana and Priyanka deserve to be higher on the list

I am glad Deepika is first 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Only a certain section of IF believes that. 

Only you believe that.