Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Dreamers and realists

“Everytime I orient myself to think I am comfortable withthis whole thing, something happens and I have to work on creating a new normalall over again Akash”

The couple floated in the swing in the balcony, the swampcooler ran full blast

She lay on his shoulder

“I am glad you told her off”

“Hmm… but you know… we have to be fully in or fully out, wecannot be conservative traditional parents some times while being, modern,progressive ones”

“Delhi mein 2020 mein you cannot be the former…”

“Well lets think about moving to a smaller town”

“I doubt Naina and Veev will move with us”

“I guess…. Which goes back to the same topic… we cannotforce them to marry. We have to be “OK” with how they want to live their 20sand 30s”

“That’s tough yaar” he stiffened

Stopping the gently caressing he was doing on her bare armwith his finger tips

“I know… aaj ki date mein hum unko kahenge… chalo lets moveto Almora or Bijnore, or a small town in MP, pagal ho jaayengi”

“At least we can work on the twins”

“they are even worse…. Diyu ko Hugo Boss mein job karnihai, Karu ko Starbucks mein… I think women were better off when they werelocked up in the kitchen with no choice”

He burst out laughing

They both laughed until they had no breath left

“U only realize it when you have daughters… Ive insulted mymother so many times Akash… about how she chose to be a home maker, my Bua youknow… Suman Bua… she was a teacher, I wanted to know why Ma did not choose toleave home”

“The 1960s and the women’s movement” “Lets find a scapegoat”Akash began laughing again

“IT IS SO unsafe in Delhi” Anu was tearful

“Don’t” he pulled her back and hugged her tight

Smrita began cleverly by complimenting Anubha on herbeautiful handloom saree, and then told her she was impressed her and herhusband knew the whole mantras and chanting, and how her daughters knew theprayer songs as well

“Kitni achhi awaz hai aap paacho ki”

Anubha was clearly taken off guard not knowing how to react

She accepted it gracefully

Smrita later asked Anubha pointedly why Viveka was moody “Thedaughter that was sitting by you was not happy… it was so adorable” Smritarubbed salt on Anu’s wounds

“U know… we all have those days”

“I can only imagine… I mean your SIL is so sweet to includeher in the pooja… bhai shaadi ki pooja hai… sabko hogi chinta…. I hope you areable to arrange a alliance soon” “Poor girl so upset she was”

“You know… girls” Anu smiled casually she didn’t evenbother defending Savita’s idea of the pooja or how she hated it too and howViveka was right in throwing a hissy fit

“Oh I am glad I have boys… I didn’t have any of that drama”‘How do u do it”

“Happily actually… I think they are adorable and successful”Anu took her rasmalai and ice cream and walking away briskly

“I met one…of ur daughters I think… in some pictures mynephew posted on IG”

Anu cringed, “Uh oh! THERE it comes”

“Oh really? They have 100s of friends”

“Oh? You didn’t know she went to Jaipur with him?”

“Did she?” Anu kept her cool digging into rasmalai

“We cant seem to stop the flood of rishtas Inder isgetting.”, “He cant just marry ANYONE right” she said silkily

“Oh he cant?” Anu dug her claws into her palms

“I mean he has a reputation to protect, my brother owns achain of luxury boutique hotels across Ireland and he has recently branched outinto Mauritius”

“Good to know”

“Yeah… its just such a stressful project” Smrita flexed

“We really have to go” Anu got up

“I am just saying… I love their friendship and all, but youknow… I wouldn’t want her heart broken” Smrita smiled sweetly

Anu paused mid track turned around

“Oh? Who are u talking about?”

“Oh… your daughter of course” “I mean I don’t know her namebut the one that went with him to Jaipur”

“You shouldn’t be worried about heart break… Naina andInder should decide” Anu smiled

“Like I said seconds ago… we don’t look at newspapers, orlet kids mingle at parties… marriage decisions are often carefully thought outin our circles” Smrita “explained”

“If you are asking me to control Naina.. I am sorry Icannot do it. She is an educated, independent girl who knows what she wants andgoes after it, usually”

“Oh I am sure… Mrs… um…”

“That’s OK” anu did not say her name

“Inder probably wont even remember her when he comes back oreven IF he comes back” Smrita told Anu not so politely

“You are assuming NAINA will?” Anu smiled trying not to beperturbed…

“I mean surely… Inder is such a catch… I am sure she will”

“Not a bigger catch than my Naina” Anu walked off, handingher silver bowl to the help nonchalantly

“I walked off with my held held high, but you know as wellas I do Akash… we are just middle class… Naina is in no way a catch wealth wise”Anumumbled

“To hamey kaun sa business deal karna hai, its not a mergerof Reliance and Mittal Steel” Akash was bitter “If they find someone that makethem happy… bas ho gayi shaadi!”

“she coolly told me Inder will marry someone who willincrease the Dhamija net worth”

“TABHI toot ti hain in logon ki shaadiyan 6 mahiney mein…its all over TV for weeks, the sangeet and everything… pata laga “mutuallyagreeable divorce” “Infosys ko le lo”

“Kaash hum kabhi in logon se mile nahi hotey” Anu sighedand yawned… as the birds chirped at a distance

“Chalkar soya jaaye”

“I will look for expat assignments in Turkey” Anubha curledup on the bed, and gently snored as he cranked up the AC

He laughed deeply joining her

“waise Satyen is a good man”

“Try asking him for Rs. 10 crores for an investment idea”Anu coaxed hugging him

Akash began laughing hysterically

“KAHA se laati ho yeh ideas?”

“No… just tell him…”It’s a product his wife will appreciatea lot”

“Aisa kaun sa product”

“Kuch bhi nahi… just so he will run it by her”

“She will destroy us”

“Can u imagine Akash… she is afraid of us now only becauseshe thinks we are plotting to stealing her sons, when she finds out we arepetty thieves as well?” “Kya hoga”

They both nodded off as the hazy sun rose in the East

Viveka lay in bed texting Abhishek, it occurred to hersuddenly

“You are not related to your Dad’s boss’s family right?”

“KYAAA?”

“Just curious”

“Dude… I would have disowned them if I was”

“K” “Good” she said distractedly, beginning to talk about ajournal she had read

The first atom of Raanav had been placed in hersubconscious

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hmmmm! If this is the bitterness for Inder Naina, would dread to think  for Viveka Raanav should such a situation rise.

Errrantnomad thumbnail

I wish  Anubha could have hit the ball out of the park saying that Satyen Parashar texted Akash that he is batting for viveka and his son!!! 

Or I am thinking if smrita's marriage circle is different to that of her husbands?!😳

The thing is being mean is not everyone's cup of tea. It takes a huge effort to be mean. 😲

Errrantnomad thumbnail

Yeah! They don't let the boys mingle in parties but you will let the boys find faults with the designs in couches of other peoples living rooms

And is she even seeing how her darling son never misses an opportunity to mingle with one of the Mathur girls !😈

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errrantnomad

I wish  Anubha could have hit the ball out of the park saying that Satyen Parashar texted Akash that he is batting for viveka and his son!!! 

Or I am thinking if smrita's marriage circle is different to that of her husbands?!😳

The thing is being mean is not everyone's cup of tea. It takes a huge effort to be mean. 😲

True

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I can only imagine… I mean your SIL is so sweet to includeher in the pooja… bhai shaadi ki pooja hai… sabko hogi chinta…. I hope you areable to arrange a alliance soon” “Poor girl so upset she was”

😲

Is satyen mad or what? Or is he totally ignorant about the attitude of his wife and his younger son? From what did he thought he can ask mathur family to join theirs? I just hate even the thought of smrita talking with anu! This convo between them really made me wish raanav to become subbu and vee to get an RnB 😳(not abhishek..... I am prejudiced about his character 🤣

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Possibilities

Naina continued her phone liaison, and Diya applied to HugoBoss, and Viveka applied to IIT Kharagpur for the Research Program. Anubha gotready to travel to a management training program in Kent Ireland, at their HQ

Things were tense, but kind of returning to normal at theMathur home.

“Bua brought her entire crazy and I still kept it together”Viveka muttered still smarting from the giant embarrassment of the publicauctioning event

Harsha and her met for lunch and he appeared apologetic soshe did not roast him much

“Maine Ma ko kaha yaar you would not enjoy such an event”

“Its Bua” Its OK” Viveka managed to say politely

Her Papa and Savita were real close. Kamal was an amazingBIL there was little to fault in that relationship despite Dadi’s frequentmischief making.

Dadi and Dadu were coming over, for summer

Anubha didn’t like it much

She was OK with FIL, MIL was… umm.. lets say… MIL

With 4 daughters Anubha didn’t exactly “earn” any badge ofhonor

Dadi reminded her too

At 75, she was able and active and nosy

Anubha tried to get on the September list for the training,but her boss the Director of Prd Engineering at the compressor divisioninsisted that she go now

She wasn’t about to throw a fit and quit over such stupidthings

“It’s a matter of 5 days… you will be back, you can enjoyAmma’s company for 3 more months” Akash joked, as he sprayed water from hisglass on her

“Enjoy it, sure… I wish my parents were mean to you”

“Yeh shaqal dekhi tumne? I am the epitome of good looks,good nature and good husbandry”

She laughed until her belly hurt, when he used “husbandry”deliberately to make her laugh

“Ma… if they call me to do prescreening, can Papa take mesince you wont let me go alone?” Viveka strapped her Titan Raga in bottle greenstrap around her wrist

She had many watches and many more straps, like she hadmany eye glasses with different color frames (all with somewhat loose frames)

She wasn’t jumping on the iWatch bandwagon, despite beingoffered as Bday gifts the last 10 years

All the other kids had everything hi tec

“I love your saree beta”

“I know… I bought from this women’s coop… I ACTUALLY get tolook at it at the loom”

She wore a bottle green Chanderi cotton with a pink blouse

“Glasses nahi pehani?”

“Nahi… mujhe green nahi mili, so I am going to go rebel andwear blue… bag mein hai”

She set out her things the night before on the living roomdivan… in her large leather tote, in winter a gorgeous silk scarf lay knottedon the strap usually

“Ma ne permission de di to zaroor lekar jaayenge aapko”

“This is not  Jaipurwith a boy she better give me permission”

“Naina better not be planning anything” Anu threw theserving ladle back in the poha with a bang

“I will attach a radio collar” Viveka promised

“I am happy she stopped talking about him” Anu sighed

Viveka shifted awkwardly

“Kar rahi hai baat?” Akash caught her

“I don’t know actually” Viveka didn’t speak the truthneither did she lie

“dadi will be here, she will nail her head to the wall ifshe doesn’t come home on time… mere se jo nakhre kar lete ho tum log who nahikar paogey”

“Isko kyon kos rahi ho?”

“I am generally exhausted”

“Save some energy Ma, Bua will have daily poojas and sh—” Vivekatwitched her lips

“zaroor beta, aur aapko baithna padega stage mein”

“The next time she pulls that stunt I am going to just getin the car and drive off”

Then they talked about what the plans were if Viveka gotaccepted

“To theek hai na, chali jaayegi, jab Harsha ki shaadi tayho jaayegi she can come back, its not Antarctica”

“Who theek hai… I am not saying that… I am just saying ifshe is serious about Abhishek when your parents are here should we talk tothem?”

“NO… NO WAY…. NO WAY” viveka got up immediately

“Kya matlab?”

“I met him two months ago?” “I cant get married to him,this is insane”

“I am not asking you to”

“Ma…. It looks to me like since she is going to be here forHarsha’s potential ladki dekho, engagement etc… even a Mathur girl has to havesome event”

“No betaaa…. Baitho” Anubha was frustrated

“I seriously don’t get you guys…. Abhi main 10 din se kehrahi hoon, I don’t want to get married I don’t want to be paraded”

“You should have waited until she left for work” Akash wasnot happy

“Haan secretly iski shaadi ki tayyari karte hum?”

“I am not saying that Anu…. Viveka ki shaadi ki baat rehnedete hain”

“I brought him home out of politeness and respect to youguys… not because I want you guys to tell Dadi and start talking about it”

“If you bring him back home Dadi WILL ASK” akash was airritated

“I WONT” Viveka shrugged

“Tum bhi Naina ki tarah karogi?”

“I cannot possibly marry a man I have hardly known for twomonths”

“Tum dhoond lo… no worries tum dhoond lo, 5 saal aur, USBerkeley PhD jaisa jumhe koi milne waala nahi hai”

Anu was certain

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I get this feeling like Satyen is laying the groundwork for what he hopes for.. slowly and steadily winning over the Mathurs! Makes me excited..

I could imagine him mentally replying to Savi Bua's comment..

"Why, thank you! With pleasure, Mrs. Shrivastava. I hope to take her home for my son one day.. " 🤣

On the other side, Anubha is a tigress protecting her own! ❤️

Such a sweetheart! She defends her husband before her daughters, she pitches for her daughters in front of him..

And she refuses to take any crap from Smrita over her family. 👏

Such a realistic characterization! Reminds me of so many moms around me.. 

Errrantnomad thumbnail

“Hmm… but you know… we have to be fully in or fully out, we cannot be conservative traditional parents some times while being, modern,progressive ones” 

“Well lets think about moving to a smaller town”

“I doubt Naina and Veev will move with us”

"I guess…. Which goes back to the same topic… we cannotforce them to marry. We have to be “OK” with how they want to live their 20sand 30s”

“That’s tough yaar” he stiffened

Stopping the gently caressing he was doing on her bare armwith his finger tips"

As parents , when conversations like the one stated above happens, we all feel the pressure not just on self but also on the spousal/ parents' relationship we share with our spouses.  It leads to more stress IMO.

Wish there will be always only days,  those that are filled with the laughter of our child/ children....say our pride we feel when they first recite rhymes ...,the joyous rapture  we feel when they win a prize be it a sport or an academic competition or when they try to cook something... bake a cake for us first time .....the general bonhomie that we share when we take family vacations 

If only wishes were horses!   I'm going to be candid here . Parenthood is an experience majorly blissful but also generally exhausting as Anubha frustratedly claims.

This was something very deep and beautiful which I wanted to comment on. The last two updates have been really special. ❤️❤️

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago
Errrantnomad thumbnail

“You can take a break and be suspicious about Veev, SHE HAS A  BOYFRIEND”

“Padha likha hai Professor hai”

“Inder is NOT an idiot, he has studied Hotel Management”

“whattt?” Akash was disgusted

“BAS?” Anu was horrified.... 

"I brought him home out of politeness and respect to youguys… not because I want you guys to tell Dadi and start talking about it”

This  was awesome too. Again very educative .

Two sets of convo .... one from Naina and another one from Viveka!

Crash! The reality of having adult children. This is now their adult children's  journey.  

I don't think Akash or Anu intended to be hurtful and horrified when they said What and Bas!!!! to Inder's  hotel management degree . It was more oh! Naina you could actually settle for more than what you are choosing to settle for! It was their disappointment to their expectations they had out of having raised their children in a certain way.

Of course you can try escaping your Mil's interference or her nagging presence by trying to schedule a work trip and generally avoid being in her way but there's no escaping this harsh reality of your child growing up to be an adult. 

Young adult children seldom are mature , not always right, not always responsible , many times rude, whether you approve of their education,  career, or their choice of life partner, it doesn’t alter  the fact that they now have taken right (whether you willingly give it or not)  to make their own Individual choices. No matter what kind of upbringing , the children have  had, good with bad, there comes a time when we as parents have to LET GO. This  truly IMO  is my kind of Baptism by fire . 

Adult children have milestones too. Like the first step they take as a child, the first time they spoke gibberish.... only now it's they get their first car, first part time job, go on their first date, go to college, get into a serious relationship, graduate and get started with their career and living on their own in another roof that's not yours.Its easy to process this when we look at another adult child of your friend or Neughbour having grown up in front of you who is not related to us yet it easily gets extremely blurred when that adult child happens to be your off spring .