Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

This is getting deep.. Now Khushi is following somebody.. hope she is careful and is not getting trapped.. loved the update.. Thanks for updating đŸ˜Š

srilathas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Welcome back 

I dont know, i can never give up on this story, such beautiful characters and wonderful plot

Very interesting 

Eagerly waiting for next one 

SirenMitra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This story is getting more serious and dangerous than I thought...

Anjali's account is hacked and someone is posting her private pictures.. And that someone also know that she was with Abhi and ASR.. That's scary.. I think they should look for the cameras and security...

I also think to put HP to watch.. sometimes money makes people weak..

Khushi saw Sandy and now following him even though she was told not to by ASR.... Hmm I kinda look forward to it... it seems long when these two (ARSHI) haven't fight... 

Edited by SirenMitra - 3 years ago
surrazdan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

wowwwwwwww.. what a mysterious story..

i just kept biting my nails.. and thinking whats gonna happen next..

dlavanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Amazing plot. Just read all of it in one go. Please update soon. Love arnav khushi bickering, love strong khushi , strong message against male chauvinism .

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abavi

From the author's desk: Hello peeps, Hope this update finds you in good health. Thanks for the patience and the beautiful comments as usual, Hugs to the new readers, glad that you liked my story... 

Here is the next update, hope you will like it. 

India Forum moderators have decided to close IPK forum on 25th of September.  All threads will be locked (but we can still read them) and we won't be able to post any new comments or make any new threads.  If anybody sees this post please check the first page of IPK forum and cast your vote in support of keeping the forum open.  We are trying our best to change admin's decision.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5177085

Cheers.....

Edited by Savera84 - 3 years ago
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for the update after a long time. Every chapter you post has some twist and the suspense is increasing.

Arnav’s long lost bua has made an entry in this chapter who also seem to be related to sheetal. Along with her a new scam has come to light the shares the family has .All of them seem to be related to sheetal 

Anjali’s troubles are increasing her instagram account has been hacked and her pictures have gone viral. The person seems to blackmailing her of harming her if she does not adhere to his instructions. kushi also has turned into  a  detective as she spotted sandy and is following him ,Arnav is on his heels behind her after receiving her call hope she doesn’t get into any trouble.

aashi_taichi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

too much happened....Anjali been targeted...RAIZADA company been also....what a mess and mystery to unfold...

update soon...getting too much curious...

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the author's desk: Hello peeps, I have been trying to write an update for so long, but with the current workload, the maximum I can manage is monthly updates only. I wish I  can update sooner, but alas... 

Thanks a loads for standing by me, Loved each one of your comments! big group hug to all of you. 

Here I am with the next episode, Hope you all will like it... Happy reading!

Chapter 17: Into the unknown

Part 3: The girl next door

“You reached the signal?” 

“Where are you” Arnav hissed into his phone.

“Listen, Take the next right after the signal and turn into the second lane on the left ” came the instruction on the line “Park your car there and walk down a bit, you will come across a play-ground, just before that, take the lane opposite the…”

“Khushi!” Arnav interrupted her, “I have been asking you to send me your live location…”

“I don’t have much charge left, listen to me, it may get switched off any time…”

“Wha…huh…” he yelled incredulously “look, you send me right now; I am almost there” he said as he took right after the signal and cut his phone. 

Minutes later, when Arnav parked his car at the lane mentioned by Khushi, Arnav got the message beep indicating Khushi’s location some three lanes away. Abhi was already in conversation with his team to reach the location with reinforcements. 

“She is also moving…” Arnav told Abhi and the two started walking towards the blue balloon indicating her location. When they were only some 100 m away from Khushi’s location, the live relay stopped abruptly.

When Arnav tried to call her, the mobile was not reachable. â€œSwitched off” he huffed as the two hurried towards the last known location of Khushi. 

As they reached the spot they couldn’t find her and walked down another couple of blocks. The area was increasingly getting congested and lanes were getting murkier. There were three forks of narrower roads that branched off at the point they were standing right now and Khushi could have taken any of the three. 

Since they didn’t spot Khushi anywhere in the road before them until the point of visibility, Abhi and Arnav decided to split up and take two different lanes on their left and right respectively and search for her. 

Arnav walked down the lane on the right, muttering to himself on how she gave him these trouble… his inner voice wasn’t helping much though, quickly reminding him on why he should be taking all the trouble…

After 5 minutes of desperate search, he spotted her finally, the initial relief of assurance that she is alright dissolving his anxiety that he felt through the last one hour turned into shock of disbelief when he realized what she was doing there. 

“Mumma, I feel hungry” Geethu and Anjali turned to see Riya standing at the door of their room. 

I will be back Anjali” Geethu said moving towards the kitchen “Would you like to eat something too?”

“No Geethu Di, I am good”

“I am making sandwiches for Riya; you will take some?”

“Don’t bother Geethu Di”

“I am making it anyway, have some” 

Anjali who was waiting for a chance to be alone with her laptop, quickly took the opportunity to open the folder where she had saved Abhi’s pics, and quickly uploaded it to a folder in her drive and deleted the pics from the laptop. 

20 mins later, just when Anjali was done with the deletion and cleanup, Geethu came back with a plate of sandwiches and some soup and handed it to Anjali.

“It’s not much…”

“Thanks so much Geethu Di”

Geethu went back to the laptop and 5 minutes into the laptop, gave out a puzzled squeak. 

“What happened Di?”

“Anjali, did you try uploading anything from your laptop right now?”

“No Di” Anjali said urgently

“hmm, the event logs say a few minutes ago something got uploaded from your laptop… if it is not you, then it could be a spyware or malware… let me check”

Anjali gave her a petrified look, not knowing what to do, But Geethu was so engrossed at work to notice Anjali’s reaction. 

Arnav was staring at Khushi who was in conversation with a roadside vendor, bargaining for roasted peanuts. 

A distinct swear rose to his lips

“What the”

She turned sharply at his words and beckoned him to her through gesture. 

“How dare you Khushi!” was the first words that he could manage to say to her before he flipped his phone and informed Abhi about finding her and asking him to come. 

“What happened?” she asked coolly as she turned to the vendor again to get her cone of peanuts. “Bhaiya, make us one more”

“No, I don’t need” Arnav said hastily

“Ok, cancel it Bhaiya, we will share this only”

She paid the vendor and pulled him a few steps away from that spot. 

“Khushi!” Arnav started to shout, pulling his hands away from her grip. 

“Lower your voice, remember we are spying on someone” she whispered to him hurriedly. 

“What were you thinking following some criminal to a place like this?” Arnav hissed at her, looking around “and you didn’t have enough charge in your phone… what if you got into trouble and we couldn’t find you?”

“I had enough battery when I started to follow Sandy. It was all because of you I my battery got drained”

“Because of me?”

“Yes. If you keep calling me every 5 minutes for the past one hour, how will the battery stand? “

“You could have sent me the live location at the first ask” he replied incredulously. 

“I tried, Internet was unstable”

Arnav muttered “Incorrigible” under his breath. 

“What’s incorrigible about it?”

“that you decide to follow a petty criminal and dare to stand here all alone in a debauching place like this, eating peanuts”

“I had to play my part without raising any suspicion” she said putting a few peanuts into her mouth “Want some”

“No”

“Your loss”

“Why did you ask me to leave my car 4 lanes far?”

“I didn’t want to attract attention, with a big car like that, people will get suspicious”

“Not so much attention that you are attracting” Arnav muttered as he glared at a by passer who continued to stare at Khushi even after crossing them.

“You have been standing here for how long?

“Close to 10 mins…”

“I don’t like this place” Arnav declared angrily clenching his fists as a few unruly men who came out of what appeared to be a shabby local bar and food joint a few blocks away, threw a glance at her and bellowed in glee, passing snide remarks loudly amongst themselves.

“I don’t either” 

“Where is that man now?”

“Inside the bar, It’s been a while now”

“Look, the moment Abhi reaches, you are leaving with me”

“What? why? I don’t want to miss the action”

“Don’t be stupid”

“Keep your voice low”

Abhi reached them right at the moment

“Where is our man?”

“he is in there” Arnav told him gesturing towards the joint. 

“Khushi are you sure it was Sandy?” Abhi asked her

“Yeah. I managed to click a couple of pics as well, but I don’t have charge in it now to show you”

Abhi pulled out a power bank and plugged the phone and restarted it and asked her to show him the pics, as he looked at the pics, he nodded his head

“Its him alright. Where did you pick him?”

“Palika bazaar” Khushi said “I followed him at a safe distance in the auto. He stopped at a petty shop a few blocks away to get cigarettes. I got dropped off there and followed him on foot to this place. That’s his bike, the one parked 3rd from left“, she said pointing to a vehicle parked outside the restaurant.

“Ok. Arnav I think you should leave with Khushi now, the locality is not looking safe”

“I was telling her the same thing” Arnav agreed

“Oh look, he came out” Khushi said as the two men turned to see Sandy emerging out of the joint and reaching his bike. 

“He is drunk” Khushi said

“Oh Shit, we need a vehicle now” Abhi said getting alert

“If only I hadn’t listened to her” Arnav started to say…

Khushi whistled sheerly next to him 

“Auto!”

As the passing rick stopped, she ran forward ushering her companions to board it as well and once inside, instructed the auto fellow to follow the man in bike

The auto fellow turned out to be a talkative person

“What is this madam ji, you should tell me where to take you, you simply say follow him, he is not even waiting for us”

“why will he wait Bhaiya, He doesn’t know that we are following him” Khushi said as her companions stared at her in shock

“Stop talking” Arnav hissed at her

“He doesn’t know? Who is he then?”

“My boyfriend” 

“Khushi” Abhi warned her as she assured him gesturing that she knew what she was doing

Arnav rolled his eyes “There she goes… Drama Queen” as Abhi raised his eyebrows at Khushi’s conversations. 

“Boyfriend?” the auto man asked 

“Bhaiya, please keep an eyes on that man and follow the route” Abhi tried to cut the conversation short.

“Hmm, that I am doing… but, this is interesting… why would anyone want to follow the boyfriend without him knowing? “

“Hmm, I suspect he is cheating on me, So I am following him to find out”

“Oh… I got to know now”

“You look beautiful, he should be so stupid to cheat on you”

“Well said Bhaiya”

“So who are these two? Your brothers?”

A bout of cough ensued from Arnav sitting next to her as Abhi who was busy texting on his phone, paused and raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer from Khushi.

“these two? No Bhaiya, these two are my bodyguards”

Arnav threw her an incredulous look while Abhi chuckled in spite of his controlled demeanor

“He is boyfriend and we are bodyguards?” Arnav asked her 

“hush…” she said “I am giving you a role which comes naturally to you… atleast be happy I didn’t give you a bhaiya role”

“Don’t you dare Khushi”

“Bhaiya stop here” Khushi asked as she saw Sandy’s bike coming to a halt in front of a house. 

“No, carry on for a couple of blocks and turn right around the corner and stop there” Abhi instructed the auto driver.

As the Auto came to a halt, Abhi got down. 

“Arnav, you and Khushi take this auto and leave from here.”

Arnav nodded but Khushi wasn’t going to listen

“Hello, this is not fair. Why do you want us to leave, we are with you”

“Look, If the situation was any better, I would have given you a hearing on prudency and your safety. But right now, Neither do I have time for that nor do I have enough people if you get into trouble… I want you both out of my way, rightaway”

“Abhi…”

“Nothing more Khushi” Abhi said as they saw Rajesh reaching there too if mufti. 

“But I don’t want to leave, I have never seen a live action”

“Abhi is right, you are leaving with me” Arnav said

“We will not interrupt, Please”

“If you hang around any longer, I will be forced to take action on you” Abhi said as he turned to Rajesh and another police officer in Mufti, quickly giving them instructions and turning back to the auto man. 

“Leave them both near the signal at the main road”

“Police?” the auto fellow asked them in fright

But Khushi jumped down and paid the auto fellow

“Thanks bhaiya for helping us when in need”

“Khushi, won’t you ever listen?” 

“Arnavji, he is going this way, don’t intimidate him, I will come with you, but we will take a different auto going towards that direction”

Arnav threw his hands exasperatedly as he got down too. Abhi looked at his friend. 

“We will be alright” Arnav assured him and pulled Khushi along with him, walking down the lane as Abhi gestured his men to follow him and walked towards the house

“Meet you later” Abhi called out to both of them. 

A few blocks down the lane, Khushi was unusually quiet. 

Arnav tried starting the conversation, but she wasn’t her usual chirpy, he had to persuade her to speak. 

“Khushi, what happened?”

“Nothing”

“you are unusually quiet”

“nothing”

“Look, if you are still angry with us for not letting you stay back…”

“I learnt my lesson”

“And that is…”

“next time, I know I shouldn’t call you and let you know”

“Is it wrong to think about your safety?”

“In the name of safety, you are impeding my liberty”

“what the! Khushi how could you think that I would let you get away with such foolishness”

“Foolishness?”

“To stand at a locality where petty criminals roam about and jeering and  sneering at you… I cannot stand it”

“Did you realize that I am in a profession where  I may have a necessity to investigate and such situations will present itself where I may have to take certain risk?”

“So you are telling me now that you followed Sandy because you wanted to investigate for your news”

“I am simply talking about the nature of my profession here”

“That’s a lie Khushi. You did not follow Sandy in the capacity of your profession”

“See, that’s a different thing all together. I don’t think you get it”

“Dammit Khushi! I came running all the way because you said that you are following a petty criminal… What do you expect me to do? Wish you best of luck and sit at home?”

“It was chivalrous of you to come all the way, thanks. But I didn’t expect you to force me to be removed from there”

“Abhi thought so too”

“Because you asked him to, don’t think I didn’t know that you were messaging him to instruct me”

Arnav was quiet for a few seconds

“Ok I did it alright. But it was because I was worried about you ok?”

Khushi came to an abrupt stop

“What happened now?” 

“You know what Arnavji, Ships are very safe at harbor, but that is not why they are built for”

Arnav stared at her for a few seconds and Khushi glared back at him with equal determination. 

“come” he said suddenly taking hold of her hand walking back towards the place from where they came from now. 

“We are going back again?” Khushi asked in glee

He didn’t respond immediately

“I can’t watch you take risks and not react. But at the least, I can be with you”

“Every single time?”

“Every single time!”

“Don’t make promises that you cannot keep. This time, you are around, you wouldn’t know when I would take up an adventure like this after this, you may not be in a situation to run after me. You have your own work to attend to.”

"I give you my word"

"I will hold you on this"

He grinned at her, â€œI hope you wouldn’t give me a tough time”

“Look, didn’t I tell you, Bodyguard role suits you!”

Arnav simply smiled but didn’t answer. 

Khushi was humming the song “teri meri” as she walked beside him. 

“Mumma, help me with homework” Riya asked Geethu. 

“I will help her di, You carry on” Anjali offered to help. 

Geethu muttered a thanks, as she finally traced the upload path back to Anjali’s own drive. 

“This is going to her own drive” she muttered, opening up the folder to stare at all pics of Abhimanyu, right from his teen years. 

“Wait” Khushi stopped Arnav a few blocks from the house into which they had seen Sandy go. “We can watch from a distance, cant we? That way you would be assured that I don’t take my safety for granted”

“You want to watch from here?”

“Nothing will be visible from here, We may have to climb a three storey building” Khushi said, looking around. ”How about that one? That’s the only one with balconies facing that side”

“That’s a lodge. It doesn’t look good”

“We can check out if they have rooms”

“Khushi wait listen to me…” 

She didn’t wait to hear what Arnav was going to say, she dragged him inside, asking him to check out if they have any room that they can use for a few minutes

“Khushi, do you realise…”

“We need a room” she asked the man at the counter who looked at the two people in front of him with suspicion “We need one with the balcony, nice view of the city at night, higher the better” Khushi added for a good measure. 

“Married?” he asked. 

Arnav blinked at the man in the counter. He tried to warn Khushi, but she was in her own state of mind

“Yes, we are” Khushi said without missing a beat

The man at the counter smirked as if he didn’t believe it, as he asked the next question

“How long do you want it?

“A couple of hours at the max”

Arnav was so close to slapping his hand on his head. “How naïve could she be? Didn’t she realize what that man must have inferred?

But the man didn’t ask any further questions as he filled up the details in his register book. 

A quick worry hit Arnav, that would mean only one thing. This lodge could be used to such things. 

Khushi quickly grabbed the key that the man placed on the counter and walked towards the lift. 

As soon as they got into the lift, Arnav turned to her

“Khushi, you…”

“Hold on” she said interrupting him “I know very well what happened down there. Better this way than the man thinking we are with the police. We don’t have luggage with us, we cannot possibly say we are going to stay for a couple of days, So I let it be”

Arnav looked at her incredulously. 

“What?”

“You told him down there that we are married”

“hmm… All in a day’s work, Anyway, I don’t think he believed it…”

“Still you told him that we are married”

“Didn’t you tell the same thing at the hospital to my dad and those journalists?” She asked “At least we didn’t have any photographers here”

Arnav chuckled. 

The elevator came to halt and the digital display blinked the number 3.

“I suppose we are even now…” Khushi muttered as they stepped out of the elevator and found their allotted room. 

The room reeked of tobacco and was shabby and threadbare which Arnav was quick to note. 

Khushi quickly stepped in and opened up the windows.

“What did you expect of a locality like this?” she asked as rummaged her bag, brought out her phone charger and plugged her mobile on charge. 

"It stinks" Arnav scrunched his nose. 

"May be you can stand outside the Balcony, you will get some fresh air" Khushi suggested as she took out her binoculars and set it up, focused towards Sandy’s house. 

Arnav secured the door and came out to the Balcony

“There are few more policemen, standing outside the house, I can see Abhi as well”

“You carried a binocular in your bag?”

“I carry one all the time, you never know when you will get a chance”

Arnav stood staring at her as she worked.

“Oh look, they are knocking at the door… now we will wait for action” she said taking out her notebook and scribbling something on it. 

“Do you do this all the time?”

“Do what?”

“This kind of adventure?”

Khushi smiled. 

“To tell you the truth, this is the first time I am doing investigative journalism”

“What?”

“I wouldn’t have dared if you weren’t with me” She said a matter of fact. 

It was an unexpected revelation and Arnav stood there speechless for a few minutes. 

"You talked me into this"

"I didn't plan it, I mean seriously, if you were not there, perhaps, I wouldn't risked renting a room and doing this stuff. but may be something less dramatic"

After a few minutes of silence spent looking at her, working with her binoculars and updating her notes, he continued. 

"What gave you the idea that with me it would be safe?"

"After the stunt you did down there to remove me off this scene, what other proof would I need?" she asked and paused a bit to take her eyes off the binoculars and turned to him. 

“What if I took advantage of you?” he asked her, with his hands folded and leaning back and smirking at her.

She smiled back at him.

“oh.. as if that’s not already happening”

He looked puzzled. He hadn't even stepped closer to her "What do you mean? I haven't done anything”

“forget it, Nothing to do with you”

“I don't get it”

she didn't answer him immediately. she appeared busy, checking her notes

"I am waiting for my answer" he reminded her. 

“I meant the distraction” Khushi said, looking again into her binoculars “next time, I should keep that in mind, when I think of bringing you along for work”

"Should I stop talking?"

"Its not only the talking" she muttered, giving him goosebumps. 

“How is it my fault?” he asked her slowly. 

“I am not answering that” she smiled still looking through the binoculars. 

He chuckled at her. 

"You don't have to "

Arnav stood admiring her as her face glowed at the evening sun. 

“they have gone in to check…. How I wish we were there with them” Khushi huffed 

Arnav nodded. "I agree with you, I wish we were in a different place right now."

"Now we should wait until they come out with him." Khushi started to say then paused to look at him "Wait, what did you say?"

"I wish we were somewhere else right now"

"Why? is this expedition boring for you?"

"Quite the contrary." he said as she looked up prompting him to explain. 

"means?"

Arnav smiled at her but did not answer her. But every day spent with her had given him new revelations, Today has revealed to him another side of her inquisitiveness and craziness. 

"I am not sure if I can ever get rid of this shabby place from my memory" he said, changing topic.

"someone is getting attached to this place" Khushi looked at him teasingly "and here I was thinking that you were not very keen to hang around..."

"I never said that."

"Hmm, Don't worry, the day is not over yet"

"Should I feel happy or feel threatened?"

Khushi grinned. 

"We will go to a good place for dinner and make good memories to compensate for this"

"Is that a promise?"

"Why is it so surprising?" she said shaking her head with mock disappointment

"Oh, don't blame me. I am talking about the girl who gives me tough time to even get into my car every morning"

Khushi laughed. 

"Listen, Will you lend me your phone? I may want to click some pics when they come out?”

"no problem" 

“So how do you like your first assignment on investigative journalism?”

“It is good, but I don’t know if I can afford to get my Bodyguard’s time next time”

He chuckled. “Anytime”

“You may have to endure my lies and adhoc ways”

“If it is going to be anything like today, I think I can put up with it”

“you wish” she huffed at him, looking into her binoculars again. “They have come out… Why… they look so confused…”

Arnav reached out to her binocular and looked through it.

"Isnt it?"

"They don't seem to have Sandy with them" Arnav told her, handing back the binoculars. 

He dialed Abhi's number. 

"the bike is there too" Khushi observed. 

Abhi didn't pick immediately. But when he picked, Arnav asked him if everything was alright.

Khushi waited as he listened briefly and cut the call. 

“they say they didn’t find him inside”

“But we saw him going in”

“they are puzzled too”

“there should be some explanation for this. May be some underground room where he is hiding”

"The police are trained better than us. If they haven't found him inside, he would have gotten away. 

"I have been looking at the house all the while, front, backside, even the terrace.... How can he get away?"

“You should stop reading those Perry Mason novels, its messing up your mind”

“Perry Mason is good!” Khushi replied indigenously. 

“come along Khushi, today’s adventure is over.”

“Wait, come here… isn’t it him again… on the roof of that house?”

Arnav who had gone back into the room, rushed out to find out that Khushi was indeed right. Immediately dialing Abhi. Arnav revealed to him that he and Khushi were still around and they were watching Sandy on the terrace of the neighboring house. This alerted the police and the chase began. 

The two got quiet a good view of the scene and Khushi took a video of the chase, until the point were they turned towards the bend. 

“How I wish we got that room we could have got a better view” Khushi said

“You already got a good view, come lets go down”

“wait hold my bag” 

“Khushi no” 

But before he could stop her, she jumped into the adjacent balcony and then the next and then the next and continued to shoot. 

Arnav was at the brink of losing his patience, what if there was someone else in that room already… what was she thinking jumping into other balconies? what if she lost her grip and fell down. 

"Khushi, you are mad! come back here"

He noticed her as she abruptly stopped and turned to stare at the room to which that balcony belonged to. 

“Khushi? Are you alright? What happened? Come back here”

“ArnavJi, come here please?”

“What?”

“I can hear someone crying for help”

“Khushi, that’s none of your business, it could be a TV program too, come back here before someone opens the door and you embarrass yourself”

“No, I am positive” she said peering into the shut window pane. “This looks unused… Someone may be locked inside”

As Arnav jumped into the other balcony, Khushi went towards the windows again and asked “is anyone there?”

“Khushi, this building walls are thin, it may not be this room at all…”

Then they heard it

“JiJi… can you hear me.. please help” a whimper came out of the bathroom pane. 

They found the source of the voice soon, a girl was peering out of the bathroom pane, pleadingly

“They have locked us in, please jiji, help me!”

Khushi looked at Arnav with that look that told him what she was about to do next.

To be continued. 

Oops! an unexpected turn of events, I know... but trust me, I am taking the story in right direction. Do leave your comments and thoughts, Be safe and cheerful until we meet again! 

Cheers :)

Vi

Edited by abavi - 3 years ago
friendshrew thumbnail

Awesome update! Please please don't leave us at this cliffhanger, give us an update soon :)