Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This update got me thinking . Don't know if it's out of respect or if it's privacy that has someone doing stuff that will catch the parents off guard even if the parents are forward/ progressive in their thinking .

That said I don't imagine any offspring will walk up to their parent and say ok I'm off to Jaipur for a roll in the hay! 😉

So my conclusion here for it's a combo of privacy/ awkwardness that someone like Naina needs a cover to go have a good time with her boyfriend .

I very well empathize with Anubha... it's a struggle for a parent like me to be wanting to be progressive..... but what's progressive and how much is really progressive Or to accept  is the struggle .

I guess I will learn more about MYESLF in about three years time when my kid turns 21. 

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank God in my time there was no such battle for my parents. There was only one way and that was hello get married and most of us toed that line. 🤣

When I see some of my kid's pfriends having solid identity crisis, some needing therapy for their Bi preference or needing therapy even to open up to their parents , I go!!! Ok at least her choice is boy! Oh good relief!

In that good relief feeling that springs naturally , I realize that I'm only that progressive ( actually NON)😊 

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Can we have more updates since it's weekend and am TOTALLY ADDICTED! 

Nisha, you have me wound around ur fingers typing away your stories ever since 2014! I am a huge huge fan of ur stories. It is really endearing of u to remember each one of ur readers till date! 

I know I may be asking a lil too much, but yes...pride and prej( ur version) is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to read MORE! 

It's such a pleasure to start my day or end it with ur updates since years! I never forget to read whatever u write!

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Thats right Viveka. You don't need to dirty your hands slapping the dirtbag.

Edited by coderlady - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Naina got the flu so she won't be back in time. What lie will they have to tell their parents?

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Veev & Weave

Her mind worked overtime coming up with what alibi she couldgive her parents. Parents were OK with boyfriends, but absolutely not OK withdaughter shacking up in Jaipur with a NRI stranger, two weeks after meeting him,and lying about it

She could send the twins over to Bua’s but Bua gossiped abit and would definitely want to know why she has to go rescue Naina fromJaipur

Most of Naina’s trips were usually overnight… well she couldlie about that too, saying she had been gone for a night

But how many bases could she cover?

Viveka was invited to a Culture Democracy and Developmentconference at India International Center, it was a 3 day event and Viveka’spresentation was tomorrow, the last day

She could not go get Naina before that

She had to prep for it tonight

She was so anxious she had no idea how she was going to prep

“Di aap mujhe subah North campus chhod dogey?” Karuna beggedas Viveka fixed dinner, still in her crushed cotton saree and hair tied up in aknot

“I have to present babe… at 9, it will go for an hour, andthen… umm” she thought about if she should tell the twins she was heading toJaipur

She had looked at Shatabdi they left at 6 AM and arrived atNoonish, that will not work for her at all, or it left at 8:30 and arrivedafter midnight

She did not know Inder from John Doe on the street she couldnot ask him to pick her up

She was too afraid to take the midnight train, and Papa’sorders were for them not to arrive any place after 10 PM

She was super mad at Naina

There were 6 days left for Anubha to return, Akash wasarriving Saturday afternoon after spending some time at Anubha’s sister’s houseat Ghatkopar

Today was Tuesday

“Hmm” Viveka let the roti char as she let her mind wander

“Diiii roti jal gayi” Diya grabbed it burning her finger tip

“Ufff… ruko… ek second do mujhe, she turned off the gas and went into her bedroom and texted Inder

“Is she better? Can you bring her back?”

“I am sorry she has a low grade fever, I don’t think she can sit in the car for 5 hours”

“Ughh… umm.. I am sorry, can I talk to her?”

“She is still asleep, she woke threw up and went back…”

“What did she eat?”

“She doesn’t eat much” he laughed

“Oh yeah… the size 4 obsession” Viveka realized “I hate spicy food she loves spice did she eat spice?”

“I guess…?” Inder appeared clueless

“TUMHARE saath rehne ke liye gayi… tumhe KHUD pata nahi kya khayi hai?” she wanted to yell but was quiet

“You were not with her when she ate?” she insisted

“Oh I was… I don’t think she ate anything weird… I am sorry if I sound like I don’t know what I am talking about Veev, is it OK? She said Icould call you that” Inder requested

Viveka found herself smiling, the Brit accent the pleading and the spontaneous use of her nickname all she found charming

“No wonder” she whispered to herself  “Sure… Inder”

“Nice” he chuckled “It’s a stomach bug… do u want to wait until tomm morning before heading out?” he offered

“If she is better will you bring her back?”

“Absolutely” he promised

“thanks”

“I want you to know she is safe here… I know what you must be thinking”

Viveka chuckled to herself “OH I KNOW” her eyes twinkled

“she really wanted to go”

“I am thrilled she is here” Inder sounded like a 5 year old

Diya came running “Di MAAAA” she whispered

“Umm.. ek second… finishing up a work call” she whispered to her sis

Anubha grilled her about Naina

After much yakking on other topics, Viveka managed to weavea good narrative

“Ask her to call me, or tell her I will call her phone nahiutha rahi”

“Jee Ma”

“Khana kyon bana rahi ho Chow Mein order kar deti, Aggarwalsse”

“I wanted to eat baingan” Viveka chuckled

“Maine fridge mein paneer banakar bolkar aayi hoon” Anubha fret

“I know Ma… dal hai… pulao hai, we are not 10”

“Achha sorry” Anubha laughed

“Don’t run away with a handsome Turkish guy Ma, Papa will miss you” Viveka smiled

“Bataoon tumhe?” Anubha blushed

“BRING ONE FOR ME” Viveka sighed “Like Yusuf Cim or BerkAtan” she sighed

“specs bhejo dhoondti hoon” Anubha nodded, waise ek hai… in ManufEngg, but I think he is over 40”

“Koi baat nahi Ma main adjust kar loongi” Viveka promised

“Good luck beta on the presentation”

“Thanks Ma”

The next day she finished up around 11, and headed out after telling the twins, they ABSOLUTELY cannot leave home for anything other than college

She gave them a sanitized version of Naina’s trip

She arrived in Jaipur after 6 in the evening, it was aloooong drive, just stopping for gas… and not even to pee…

Ma’s car was new… and it saved her behind multiple times onthe crazy NH

When she arrived at the gate and identified herself, she wasready to stretch her back

In a orange dabru print saree with purple border her usual favorite, handloom weaves bought at one of the many hastakala utsavs she frequented, her hair tied in a messy bun with a carved wood stick with bells at the end, and a large floral silver nose ring on her left and kolhapuris on her feet, she looked  very much the DU research scholar/JNU wannabe professor

though sweaty and tired… right now

She rang the doorbell to the large farm house, the door was likeit was stolen from a haveli

A help opened the door

“Viveka hai… sorry Naina Mathur hai?” she asked politely

Out came Raanav Parashar… in grey shorts and peach Polo tee,and ALSO wearing kolhapuris on his feet!!!!!!!

If she knocked his breath off he was not going to admit it……..

“Aap kaun madam”

“Viveka Mathur” she said going on her phone to text Inder frantically

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The first couple of parts... attractive characters!

Loved 28 year old Vee following her Ma around the house 😉

Loved her defending and teasing her sisters 😃

And the Mathur couple is real cute... easy going and seem to be a fun bunch!

Title suggestions... if you're still looking for one!

Pride and Purvagraha

Or Pyaar aur Purvagraha (considering it possibly will be a love story?)

Purvagraha translates to prejudice

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I loooove the Mathurs! The sisters seem to have a close bond...I can totally imagine the tangential convo among them... giggling, laughing and gossiping! 😳

The Mathur couple is level headed! Not really creating a fuss about Mrs. Parashar, nevertheless making their stand clear!

They're somewhat judgemental of the rich as well, but then not without reason!

Vee... a girl who knows her economics, loves to read, quotes statistics and does not want to date a man who fawns over her is truly refreshing! ❤️

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Barrister

Thank you

Of course its a love story... aur bhi gham hain zamaane mein,😡 I dont have to add to it. I just try to keep it easy breezy.😃

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

WRITE MOREEEEEEEE

CANT WAIT FOR UPDATES...PLS GIVE A LONGISH ONE THIS TIME!!!!