Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 80

Posted: 3 years ago

Thanks for the update dear had been waiting from long 
So

Many mysteries going on 

It’s getting very intriguing 

Please do update soon 

Hi Abavi, I have enjoyed reading Destiny Games. Who is Shyam's son? He is already in the Raizada Mansion. Not Akash?Looking forward to the next update.

Waiting 

Please continue soon 

Abavi wat happen yaar...pls continue soon.. 

at least give us a note.... waiting for the update...

From the author's desk: Hello peeps, Hope this update finds you in good health. Thanks for the patience and the beautiful comments as usual, Hugs to the new readers, glad that you liked my story... 

Here is the next update, hope you will like it. 

Happy reading

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17: Into the unknown

part 2: The mysterious caller

“Samar Kapoor?” Abhi asked in a surprised tone from the work desk at Arnav’s room on which he was perched on.

Arnav nodded from the wooden chair adjacent to the work desk.

“that crack pot from our school?”

Arnav nodded again as he confirmed “the same”

“Seriously, I didn’t think he was good for anything… Are you sure?”

Arnav scoffed. 

“Yup. He has been gathering interest in my company’s shares for some time now. My information is reliable.”

“What could be the motive?” Abhi asked laughing “Definitely not avenging you for stealing Natasha’s attention”

Arnav chuckled as he put his foot up on the desk, adjusting the hot water bag on his back. 

“How do you remember all that crap?”

“I am trained to connect dots”

“Wrong connection…this runs deeper”

“hmm looks like you have figured that out as well”

“I am not really sure… “ Arnav paused “But this is kind of complicated”

“Enlighten me”

“hmm… He is Sheetal’s cousin”

Abhi whistled 

“Of all the girls in the world, you choose to hang out with Samar Kapoor’s cousin… how small is this world”

“Smaller than we realize” Arnav said 

“what’s more”

“seems like there is some history between us… sort of old family feuds”

“between his family and yours?”

Arnav nodded

“I thought that the Kapoors are family friends”

“they were in the past… definitely that’s how it should have been until my Grandpa’s generation.”

“Then what happened?” 

“My bua was briefly married to his father”

“Holy cow...Samar is actually your cousin… My goodness… I am really not sure that I can hang out with you anymore”

Arnav laughed aloud

“No, he is not. The marriage didn’t last long. Samar was born to Pratap’s second wife.”

“oh…You never told me all this”

“I came to know this only recently…”

“Was it an unpleasant marriage?”

“What else could result in a separation?”

“You know the reason?”

Arnav shook his head “No clue about it… But as per Sheetal’s story, my dad played a huge part getting Bua out of that marriage.”

“How come Sheetal knows this and you don’t?”

“She didn’t know that either… She found out. She was constantly telling me that both Pratap and Samar were dead against business deals with Raizada group…She believed it was mainly because of the business profits and shares…As per agreement between them, It was decided by Rajaneesh ji on which son will pick up business in which city. As per that decision, Delhi is Pratap’s zone.”

“Profit disputes in the family?”

“Sort of… I told her I didn’t think it was about the zone conflict… the accusations coming her way about her being a family back stabber or the anger that she was facing from her uncle and her cousin was much stronger.” Arnav said “She dug deeper… a few angry arguments later, she gathered this story. She asked me if I knew… that was when I came to know”

“phew… surprising that in spite of all this your Dadi wanted you and Sheetal to tie the knot”

“I know… weird right?”

“Did you ask her?”

“I tried. She wasn’t willing to discuss that. She maintained that it wasn’t Sheetal’s mistake and we shouldn’t be penalizing her for something that happened in the past”

“Wow! Looks like your father’s help with your Bua’s divorce didn’t please her”

“Possible. She is old school at that” 

“that’s an interesting angle to motive”

“Weird, more aptly”

“But it is not strong enough to want to destroy your business. Is it?”

“May be we haven’t looked into it completely”

“We can ask your Bua”

“like what?” scoffed Arnav “Hey Bua, your Ex and his son is trying to ruin my business, do you want to tell me what the motive could be?”

“hmm… At the least it is a start. How long until the quarterly results?”

“15 days.”

“Where is Bua now? Is she in India or went back to the US?”

“She has been back in Texas for more than 2 months now” Arnav told Abhi. 

“oh! I thought she was going to be here for some time… it was more than 10 years after she visited right?”

“Close to 8 years! She and Dhruv flew back to Texas almost in a week’s time after Dad’s death. I think they visited their relatives down south for a couple of days before they took a flight back.”

“She was pretty shaken by your dad’s death… wasn’t she?”

“Yeah, they both were very close. She was very much attached to dad. Perhaps the only who could have controlled dad’s fantasies. In fact, Mama was going to ask her to come and stay with my dad for some time, but he succumbed before that.”

The two of them were abruptly distracted by a sudden opening of the door 

“Tada… Know you two are here…” Anjali’s jubilant voice lost trail as she found out that Abhi was in the room. 

“hi Anjali!” Abhi greeted her, straightening up from where he sat 

But Anjali looked no less than shocked and just as abruptly she had opened the door, closed it with a bang. 

“Hey what happened?” Abhi asked as he reached the door and opened it. But she was no where to be found. He peeped out for a few seconds and then turned to his friend 

“Why did she behave that way?”

“hmm , I don’t know… may be she wasn’t expecting to see you here” Arnav said stretching his neck from side to side.

“Did she not just say she knew we would be here?”

“she was expecting to see someone else”

“Some one else? who?”

Arnav did not answer immediately but shrugged 

“who else did she expect here?” Abhi persisted. 

“She has been sort of shipping me and Khushi. Maybe she thought she would find her with me here”

Abhi scoffed 

“Not moved yet on that buddy?”

“I thought we were discussing my shares”

“A little gossip won’t hurt” Abhi said sipping on his cold coffee “hmm... this tastes good, man!”

“I know right!”

“Didn’t think that OP can make such good cold coffees”

“Agreed” Arnav said “OP cannot make half as good as this”

“Khushi?” Abhi asked. 

Arnav nodded 

“She has very good culinary skills” Arnav said “How did you guess?”

“Why would I guess… look at your face…” Abhi scoffed at his friend “It lights up the entire room when you said OP cannot make half good as this…”

“Shutup!”

“Why haven’t you asked her out yet?”

“She gives mixed signals”

“Wow!”

“What?”

“Its not every time that I hear that Arnav Singh Raizada is baffled with a girl’s attitude and doesn’t know what to do”

“Shall we get back to shares topic?”

“Nah.. this is more interesting”

Arnav threw the encyclopedia at his friend which he caught promptly

“ouch! This is heavy. it could have hurt me” Abhi laughed heartily

"I wish it did" Arnav retorted "the best I could do with a hurt back"

“Ok! Back to work”

“We better do”

“Finally, you are here” Khushi said opening the door to Anjali’s room

“Khushi!” Anjali screamed “I just made a complete fool of myself”

“what happened?”

“I went to Bhai’s room thinking that I will find you there… But then I found…”

“Abhimanyu!” Khushi finished it

“yes… I didn’t expect him there… and you know I got rooted to spot, tongue tied and … oh girl, I am such an idiot”

“Did you even greet him?”

“No” Anjali said hugging her pillow “he is going to think I am such a dumb ass”

“No he won’t” Khushi told her “tell me what happened?”

“I slammed the door and ran back here”

“Excellent!” Khushi said mockingly. 

“Oh please… I just want to hide somewhere for the rest of the day”

“It is good in a way” Khushi said “at least he is going to think of why you behaved that way”

“Oh no…. he is going to assume that I fantasize him” Anjali moaned. 

“I hope that he gets that right” Khushi said dropping next to Anjali. 

“Khushi, you are supposed to make me feel better” whined Anjali 

“Do you realize that this is for better?” Khushi said “that thick head will at least get an inkling that you like him… a little more than how you like a brother’s friend”

Anjali bit her lips… 

“I wish it didn’t happen this way”

“true that, but something is better than nothing… in fact the moment I saw him at our door, I was planning to get you both to talk to each other… but I couldn’t find you in time”

“You knew before… why didn’t you warn me?”

“I was trying to… but you weren’t picking up your calls”

“Calls? I didn’t get any…”

“Check your mobile”

Anjali pulled out her mobile from her jeans pocket

“OH MY GOD” she exclaimed “I don’t remember putting it in silent… in fact I didn’t, that’s odd” Anjali said as she went through her mobile… “NK has called two times… what is this?”

Anjali’s eyes went from surprised to shocked in a few seconds 

“What happened?” Khushi asked peeping into her friend’s phone

“I didn’t post any Instagram pic today… but notification says that I posted some thing and I have got likes and comments” Anjali said as she hastened to open her Instagram

“It could be an old pic”

“No, the notification says the pics that I posted tod…” Anjali abruptly stopped and then exclaimed “Oh Sh*t how did this get posted?”

“which one?” Khushi said looking at Anjali’s mobile screen

It was pic of Anjali’s in bikini at some beach. 

“I am dead” Anjali said “wait let me delete it”

“Is this yours?” Khushi asked 

“Yeah, mine… a year back when I and Payal had gone on a girl’s week out… But I don’t have any idea how this got posted online… I didn’t have it in this iPhone…” Anjali said working on her phone “I am not able to delete it… Instagram is not allowing me to… asks for password… and says my password is wrong”

“Relax and try again… maybe you are trying an old password”

“no… this is the password… but why am I not able to … Bhagwan… My family is going to kill me”

Khushi bit her lip

“Anjali, what if this is…” she trailed off

Anjali’s phone blared to life. It was NK. 

Anjali looked worriedly at Khushi. 

“May be he saw it…that’s why he is calling me”

“Pick it up” Khushi said

“Anjali, what have you posted in Instagram” NK’s voice blasted from Anjali’s phone “Did you look at the comments that are coming in?”

“Explain him” Khushi mouthed at her friend and got into thinking. 

“You were mentioning about Samar gathering shares… where does it stand now? How much do the Raizadas hold and how much is available for purchase in the market?”

“We hold almost 58% of it… We lost about 6% of shares which was in father’s name in form of bonds… so its back in circulation. 35% was made public. That’s total of 41% which Samar is trying to gather together. Around 2% is with some our loyal employees who have been with us through the years”

“did you not tell me that you lost almost 14% of shares which was in your Father’s name to mortgaged bonds?”

“No, its only 6%. The rest was with Shashi uncle and got transferred to Khushi by inheritance, which she transferred back to me”

“So, 58% is with Raizadas?”

“58% is with the family”

Abhi paused a moment before he checked again.

“Right, the Raizadas…”

“and the Dasari’s” Arnav corrected him. 

“with Bua and her family as well?”

Arnav nodded.

“It’s actually only Bua… she holds around 10%”

“Arnav” Abhi said “I think you should speak to her”

“No Abhi. Last week I checked after her, Dhruv said that she is still very touchy about Dad’s death. I don’t think I should be talking to her about old memories just this soon. She is fragile at the moment.”

“No not about the events… I am just thinking- her shares… Is that safe? Should you warn her?”

“Every penny of it and I am sure it will remain that way”

“if you are sure…”

“I am”

“how about the rest of it?”

“We have 10% each between me, Akaash, NK and Anjali- I have the 8% that Khushi transferred as well”

“We still don’t know what the motive could be”

“Nor do we know what he is trying to achieve with this- he is anyway not going to get majority shares”

“There should be some connection between this and your father’s downfall” Abhi said rubbing his forehead. “when did you come to know?”

“This afternoon.” Arnav said absent mindedly checking his phone 

“What the!” he swore and got up, momentarily forgetting the catch on his back as a streak of pain shot up 

“What happened?” 

“Wait I will be back” he said moving towards the door as it was opened by Khushi

“You saw the post?” she asked 

“where is she?” 

“At her room… but wait”

“Don’t you try…” Arnav paused “If you two thought that this is a joke…”

“I think it could be their next move” Khushi said

Arnav looked baffled for a moment and then swiftly turned and walked fast towards Anjali’s room. 

Khushi quickly filled in Abhi on the events that led to it. As the two followed Arnav into Anjali’s room, she was still convincing NK as Arnav stood looking at her. 

“I didn’t post it… Ok?” Anjali screamed into the phone “And I am not able to delete it as it says the password is wrong”

He gestured that he will speak to NK.

Abhi and Khushi watched as Arnav took the phone from Anjali and walked out. 

Anjali slopped on her bed with her hands on her head 

“I am so done!”

“Look, lets analyze this calmly ok?” Abhi said pulling dressing table stool next to her bed and sitting on it. 

“when did you get this clicked?”

“Last year, I and Payal had gone out on a trip for a week to Goa… it was only the two of us”

“who clicked it?”

“Payal”

“On her phone?”

“No, it was in my SLR, then I got it transferred into my laptop”

“Any chance that someone else clicked it?” Khushi asked

“No, she is smiling into the screen” Abhi said as he saw the pic again in Arnav’s mobile that he was holding.

“yeah, this is the same pic that Payal clicked, I am 100% sure.”

“Any chance that you or Payal were careless about it and left it some where?

Anjali shook her head

“I don’t know how this pic got out”

Arnav came back after ending his call

“Abhi, can we check if her Instagram account is hacked?”

“Yeah, looks like it, but I am also wondering how the pic in her laptop also got stolen…”

“Can you check with Geethu”

“Don’t worry buddy, I will ask her check this…Anjali, if you don’t mind, I will take your laptop and Phone for investigation.”

“Can you delete that pic?”

“If that’s what you want” he said gently

Khushi promptly walked to the table at the corner of Anjali’s room and brought her laptop to Abhimanyu

“If it was hacked, can it be them?” Arnav echoed Khushi’s point earlier. 

“There is a high chance” Abhi said “but unless we get any evidence that points to them… we cannot assume”

Just at that moment, Anjali’s phone started ringing 

Abhi noticed that it was from a private number as he handed it to her 

“Pick it up, put it on speaker and speak” he said, bringing out his own phone and switching on the recorder. 

“Hhh…Hello” Anjali stammered

“Hello Anjali ji… How are you?”

“Who are you?”

“Have you ever got so many likes and comments for any of your pic like you got today?”

“Who are you?” she screamed again

“Calm down madam, you don’t need who I am… What you and ASR and ACP sir who is listening to this call need to know is we have many such intimate pics of yours and will not stop posting them with a “call me @” caption if you don’t give me what I want… ”

There was a moment of shocked silence when the four of them looked at each other 

Abhi gestured her to keep speaking

“what do you want?” Anjali stammered. 

“How will I say every thing altogether? Come to ‘The Magic Cauldron’ coming Friday, 5.00 pm sharp. Come alone, not with ASP nor with ASR. Or else…”

Then the phone line went dead

“Hhh hello hello…” Anjali called into the phone and stared at the three in front of her

“Now what?” she asked

“This is interesting” Abhi said

“They know that you are here today… are we watched?” Khushi asked

“May be but, what’s more interesting is” Abhi said 

“that this person does not mind pulling you and me into this now” Arnav finished Abhi’s line of thoughts. 

“exactly”

“That’s scary” Anjali said

“Nothing to worry kiddo, we will take care of this” Arnav assured her

“Anjali, any chance you identified this person’s voice?” Abhi asked

“No, Have never heard this voice before”

“Ok, no worries, we will track it” Abhi said “so then, I will make a move”

Arnav nodded as the two went out together

“Akaash and Payal are going to call now… and then give me a good hearing”

“We will tell them, don’t worry” 

“Oh no” Anjali exclaimed 

“What happened now?”

“Mami follows my Instagram account”

“As long as Dadi doesn’t, we can manage anyone” Khushi commented

"Sh*t, I forgot" Anjali jumped up

"What now Anjali?"

"We need to get my laptop back from Abhi"

"Why?"

"I have some things that needs to be deleted"

"your pics?"

"No, his"

Khushi stared at Anjali was almost a minute before she broke into chuckles... 

When Arnav returned back after a few minutes, the girls were still in Anjali's room discussing on the picture

"You know what?" Khushi said "it's your pic on your Instagram... It is not that big a deal, if you think of it that way"

"It is" Arnav said "it breaches her privacy. She hasn't posted it... And that makes all the difference"

"so you wouldn't mind if she posted it herself?"

"That's a different thing altogether"

Khushi started to say something, getting to a mode of argument, but Anjali interrupted. 

"Now don't start it both of you... Bhai, she was only trying to make me feel better" Anjali said

"I  know. " Arnav said half smiling as he handed Anjali her sim. "Do you have your spare phone?"

"No,I gave it away"

"Ok, I have one in my room. You can use it temporarily"

"Thanks bhai"

"Kiddo, it is Ok to not feel Ok about this... We are in this with you. Alright?"

Anjali nodded at her brother and then hugged him "thanks"

Khushi stood watching the two with fondness before Anjali pulled her too into a group hug.

"We are together in this" Anjali said, smiling to herself, knowing well that the other two sharing the hug with her were awkwardly staring at each other. 

Arnav was just finishing off an office call when Abhi called him

"The account's been hacked alright. Geethu says that she can see evidences that points at it"

"What about the pic in the laptop?" 

"She is working on that still. Can you and Anjali come over to my place?"

"Now?"

"yeah, the laptop has some password protected files that Geethu wants to look at. I and Geethu can come over... but Riya is at her dance class and will be back soon"

"Ok, We will be there in a bit"

"Ok, listen... If Anjali had any other phone in the last 8-9 months, bring that along"

"Ok"

"You also come" Anjali requested Khushi. Arnav had just asked her to get ready in 5 mins to leave to Abhi's house. 

"Why do you want me to accompany you to your sasural"

"Shut up" Anjali hissed "Please Khushi"

"I have some work Anjali. There is an interview assignment from the editor. I have to go meet someone"

"Khushi, this is more important than your interview, call in and say you are not well"

"I know you will be alright, moreover, you have get over this fidgety feeling"

Anjali huffed and left the place

"I don't get this" Geethu was perplexed as she continued to work on the laptop.  "The laptop has no indication whatsoever of any tampering or of any data taken out to any other device other than Anjali's iphone that she connects often" 

"How about the phone?" Arnav asked

"It is not tampered either. But you don't have to tamper it, Instagram password can be brute forced, if it is not strong enough"

Geethu kept looking at the logs as she continued to speak. 

"Again there is a device that was connected to this laptop as often as this one almost 8 months back"

"All of us have iPhones... could be one of my brothers" Anjali said

"this one is an Android"

"Anjali used a Android phone before this" Arnav said

"where is it? 

"I gave it to HP after I got this one"

"Do you have it with you now?"

"Yeah, Arnav borrowed it from him for the evening"

Arnav handed Geethu the phone as she connected the Samsung phone to her desktop 

"Aha... this is rooted" Geethu said 

While Arnav and Abhimanyu exclaimed, Anjali looked confused

"means?" Anjali asked 

"means that it has been stripped of the security that is put by the vendor" Arnav said "it allows you to install any malicious software"

"but HP wont do it"

"No, HP cannot do this, this is done by some one with that kind of a skill set" Arnav said

"this could have been done by anyone in Palika bazaar if he had taken it there to do some servicing..."

"I may need some time to work on this" Geethu declared. 

"take your time" Abhi said 

It was at that time that Arnav received a call. It was Khushi

"yeah Khushi"

"What? come again? where are you now?"

"Listen, don't do anything stupid, turn back and take an cab home"

"Khushi listen, this could be dangerous. Come back home"

"Ok, share your live location, I am coming there"

"This girl will never ever listen" Arnav muttered as he finished the call and he jumped up

"Abhi, Khushi says that she saw the man who was at the King's courtyard the other day "

"Sandy?"

"yeah, and she is following him, I have asked her to send her location, I need to go"

"I will come with you" Abhi declared as he got up as well. "and you both..." he asked Geethu and Anjali

"We will be fine" Geethu said "take care both of you..."

"and Khushi too, take care of her" Anjali called out as the men rushed out.

To be continued. 

Hahaa... now we are done with this... Now give me good long comments and take care, stay safe- I will bring you another update soon. 

Edited by abavi - 3 years ago

The mystery deepens. Anjali is stuck in the middle of it all.

Hi Vi,

How are you doing? We are making the most of the changed circumstances.

Will be back after reading the chapter.

Take Care!

Cheers....

Dhruv has 10% share....Raizadas has left with 48% only. Sameer got hold of 41%. 1% is out still. Was Shyam talking about the 10% with Dhruvs aka his mom 😥

The story is getting intriguing 

Wow, happy to get an update after a longtime, the story just keeps on getting interesting....... awaiting the next part eagerly & abhi's reaction on seeing his pics