Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: -RD-

Res ...Hi Manjari ,have just been recommended to read this one will read it all n be back with my comments 

Wow! Recommended? 😳By who? 

Waiting to read what you think!

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: GulaabiAakhein.

Wow! Recommended? 😳By who? 

Waiting to read what you think!

Wistfulness aka Shruti recommended this one 😳

Originally posted by: -RD-

Wistfulness aka Shruti recommended this one 😳

Yay! Thanks Shruti 🤗 How sweet!

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: GulaabiAakhein.

Yay! Thanks Shruti 🤗 How sweet!

The pleasure is all mine. ❤️

Chapter 19: A Family Man

Rishabh’s eyes fluttered open with a call from Mehra the next morning. He picked it up, being careful not to wake Prerna. “Good morning Sir!” Mehra said grimly on the other end. 

“Good morning!” Rishabh said softly. He felt stiff and lethargic in this plaster. He couldn’t even move comfortably. 

“Sorry sir, aapko itni subah disturb kiya. Actually, aapko kuch information dena tha. Mr. Basu went through with the divorce. Woh apni family ko lekar Basu Baadi se chale gaye hai. Komolika Basu threatened to file a case against them for ill-treatment and mental torture but they didn’t stay. She was spotted in the farm house again with her brother. Aur bhi kuch log the, unke baare mein information mil nahi paayi hai ab tak. I don’t think Mrs. Basu will have time to focus on Sneha again. She seems very occupied with her family.” Mehra informed. Rishabh listened silently. 

“I don’t want to take any chance. Unki family issues ka asar meri family pe nahi padne chahiye. I won’t tolerate it. Keep me posted.” Rishabh said sternly. He wondered what Komolika would be planning next. She would definitely be furious and as usual she might mis-direct her anger at his family. This time he had to stop her before she did anything. 

“Okay sir! I will continue keeping an eye on her movements. I will update you again soon. How are you sir?” he asked, concerned. 

“I’m fine,” Rishabh said, imagining how Prerna would have rolled her eyes if she heard him say this. “I’m getting discharged today,” he added.

“So soon sir? Mujhe lagta hai aapko thode din aur rest karna chahiye sir.” Mehra said, knowing very well it wasn’t his place to advise. 

“I’m fine Mehra, thanks. Please just get Sneha’s passport documents submitted immediately.” Rishabh said. 

“Right, it will be done by the end of the day sir.” Mehra informed. 

“Anything else?” Rishabh asked. 

“No, take care sir.” he said, dropping the call. 

Rishabh was feeling calm today. Everything was absolutely going according to his plans. They would be well out of this country by the end of this week. He sighed as he watched his beautiful wife sleeping on the couch. The sun was coming directly on her face because of which worry lines formed on her forehead. He wanted to go pull the curtains so she could sleep in peace. So cliche! He thought. He removed the blanket from over him, stiffly moved towards the edge of the bed, trying to sit up and push his feet down. “Aargh!” he grunted loudly as he sat up in bed with a throbbing pain in his rib. He tried to stand up next. 

“Mr. Bajaj!” Prerna shouted as she sprang up hearing his voice. She realised what he was about to do and dashed to his side. “Are you crazy?” she scolded as she held onto him as he tried to stand. Rishabh lost his balance and leaned completely on Prerna. Prerna tried to hold him up. 

“What is wrong with you!” she shouted. He had infuriated her early in the morning. Rishabh tried to regain balance but kept falling against Prerna. He felt embarrassed as she tried to prop him up. But pissed off at his incapability to even stand on his feet properly.

Prerna finally succeeded in holding him up. He slowly got on his feet, still slightly leaning on Prerna. She looked at his face, just inches away from hers. His hands around her, made her skin burn. She felt her heartbeat fasten as he stared down into her eyes. She could feel his breath on her face. 

Her hands were tightly locked around him. Her front hair strands flew across her face, disturbing her, and noticing that, Rishabh slowly moved them aside and tucked them behind her ears. She felt as though they were in a trance. Her eyes automatically lowered as she felt his hands on her face. She didn’t understand what to do. They stood so close. She had never felt this way around Rishabh before. Their wedding, both times, had always been a deal, a strategy. She had only recently started accepting their relationship and now this closeness made her nervous. But something inside her wasn’t able to push him away. She didn’t want to. She looked back up into his eyes trying to figure out what was this new need to be around Mr. Bajaj all the time. 

The door opened behind them and Rishabh lost his balance once again and fell against his wife who tried really hard to hold him up. The trance was broken and the moment, over.

“Careful!” a voice called out behind them. A lady doctor, probably around Prerna’s age ran to their rescue, looking very angry. She helped Prerna make Bajaj lie down again and then angrily turned to Prerna. “What were you trying to do?” she asked in an accusative tone. She wore a pink salwar and her hair straight and long. She had a serious look on her face and pushed her hair behind her ear angrily.

“Doctor, actually--” Prerna was taken aback with this new doctor’s tone.

“I was trying to walk, she was just stopping me.” Bajaj intervened, not liking her tone either. 

“And who gave you permission to do that?” the lady doctor asked, turning to Mr. Bajaj.

“I don’t need anyone’s permission.” Rishabh spoke through gritted teeth. And then realising that this whole conversation was unnecessary, he asked, “Where is Dr. Singh?” 

“Dr. Singh is on leave, you’re under my care now. I’m Dr. Riddhima Gupta.” she said, her eyes not moving from Mr. Bajaj’s face. 

“Shit.” Rishabh said, rolling his eyes. Now he would have to waste another day, he thought. “Doctor, I was supposed to get discharged today!” Rishabh informed grimly. He really needed to get out of here. 

“No he wasn’t, doctor!” Prerna reacted instantly. She was so tired of Mr. Bajaj’s childish behaviour.

“Mrs. Bajaj, I think it’s best that you two let me do my work, instead of doing it yourself. Dr. Singh had a lot to say about both of you.” she said, giving both of them the look that she knew exactly what they had tried to do. 

“Oh!” Bajaj sighed in relief. “So you just want his deal then. Great, I will speak to the hospital trustee to name this wing after you then, happy?” Rishabh declared, thinking that this was the answer to all his questions. 

Riddhima smirked. “This is my dad’s hospital. You won’t need to request anything to anyone. And just because you said what you just said, I’m going to make sure you stay here for at least 10 days now.” she folded her arms over her chest. 

Prerna was surprised by her attitude. She was probably one of the very few people who could speak to Rishabh Bajaj in the way that she just did. 

Rishabh was dumbfounded. He went blank for a moment there. How dare she? Irritation pumped through his veins but Dr. Gupta ignored the very obvious exasperation he showed. She moved towards him and checked his vitals and plaster. She called a nurse and made her check the stitches again. She changed some medication that Mr. Bajaj was on. Rishabh observed the doctor carefully, trying to find a pressure point or something he could work with. Prerna relaxed in her place. She finally believed that Rishabh wouldn’t be discharged earlier than required now.

“From now I would strongly suggest we give him hospital food. Home-made salads and khichdi works but nothing too oily or with masala until his plaster comes off. I don’t want to risk diarrhea or any stomach difficulties. The patient is already under so much pain.” Dr. Riddhima announced.

Prerna nodded obediently, twitching her lips a little. No more parathas. She told herself. 

“And Mr. Bajaj,” she said looking at him with utmost sincerity, “Please understand that doctors are here to help you. The stunt you were trying to pull earlier, can lead to permanent damage. It’s a matter of a few weeks and then no restrictions. But until then, you’re going to follow rules and instructions.” She said strictly. 

Rishabh blankly stared back at her. He needed to come up with a new plan on how to get discharged. Prerna was stunned at his silence. She had never seen Rishabh Bajaj not have anything to say in return. She was already impressed with this new doctor. 

Kukki entered Sneha’s room. It was about time she spoke to her little sister and sorted their differences. Sneha was doing her homework on her study table. She looked up expecting Prerna but her smile faded as she saw Kukki. 

“Hi Sneha!” Kukki said going and sitting down next to her. 

Sneha continued with her homework. 

“Aap papa se milne chaloge mere saath?” Kukki asked. 

Sneha stopped writing and looked at her. “Mumma ne bola ki jab main homework khatam kar lungi fir driver uncle mujhe le jayenge.” she said with a straight face. 

“Main help kardu homework finish karne mein? Fir saath chalenge!” She said, looking into her copy. 

Sneha hid her work. “Nahi!” she said. “Main kar lungi.” 

Kukki half frowned. “Acha I am sorry naa!” Kukki said finally, holding her ears. 

“It’s okay.” Sneha said courteously. 

“Main bohot darr gayi thi Sneha, and fir maine sab galat bol diya.” Kukki said apologetically. “Tumhe mere wajah se burra laga, I am sorry!” She said dil se. 

Sneha looked up at her, realising that she really meant her apology. She gave in and smiled at Kukki. “Main bhi bohot darri hui thi.” she shared. 

“I know!” Kukki said embracing Sneha. She felt very bad for what she had done and really hoped Sneha could forgive her and remove all doubts that she had created in her heart. 

“Tum bhi utni hi dad ki beti ho jitni main!” Kukki said, trying to reassure her. 

Sneha pulled back and looked confused. “Par aap mumma ko Prerna ku kehte ho? Mumma ku nahi?” she asked. 

Kukki gulped. Oh god! Why did Sneha have such questions? She wondered. She remembered her anger with Prerna and wondered if she should sort it out. She decided to speak to Prerna when she went to the hospital.

“Woh main London mein rahi thi na, waha sab apni mummy ko bade hone ke baad apne naam se bulaate hai! Toh main bhi..” she grinned, knowing very well that her reason was just an excuse. 

“Main toh mumma ko hamesha mumma hi bolungi!” Sneha chirped. 

“Haan baba!” Kukki laughed, “Ab chalo homework jaldi se karlo fir chalte hai.” she said. 

After a very boring and bland lunch, Rishabh went back to devising a plan to get the doctor to discharge her. Prerna realised that her husband was lost in his thoughts since the doctor had left. She wondered what it was. 

“Mr. Bajaj?” She called out. “What’s wrong? Aap bohot der se silent ho!” she asked. 

“Nothing, just thinking.” he muttered. 

“What?” she asked. 

“Nothing.” he said.

“Aap mujhe bataiye na!” she insisted. 

“Aap ladies ki problem hi yeh hai! Shaanti se sochne nahi deti. Sab jaanna hota hai aaplog ko, chahe aapke matlab ki ho ya nahi.” Rishabh commented.

Prerna stood up with her mouth wide open and hands on her hips. She frowned at her husband. “Har question ka teda answer ku dete ho aap? Jab woh doctor aapko itna sab keh rahi thi tab toh aapne kuch nahi kaha!” She said rolling her eyes. “Wese I’m impressed, koi aapko itni jaldi nahi chup karwa sakta.” she said, sharing her views but at the same time teasing Rishabh. 

“Rubbish!” Mr. Bajaj said uncomfortably. “I was just thinking about something else, and uss doctor ke bolne ya na bolne se nothing will change. Main yaha se discharge hoke rahunga.” he declared. 

“I will not let that happen!” Prerna said sternly. “Kya bacho ki tarah zidd laga rakhi hai aapne, aaj subah dekha aapne ki aap thik se khade bhi nahi ho paa rahe the!” Prerna scolded, worried about him. 

“Uss liye!” Rishabh stated, a little bolder than before. “I want us all to get out of this country. London jaake main ek hafte kya ek mahina reh lunga hospital mein!” he argued. “Mere liye zaruri hai yeh!” he retorted, irritated with Prerna.

“Mr. Bajaj, aap abhi travel karne ke halat mein nahi hai! Kuch nahi hoga humme. We are okay now. Komolika ko jo karna tha woh kar chuki hai!” Prerna replied. She wasn’t going to back down when she thought what she was saying was right. This argument was going nowhere.

“Aur kya guarantee hai ki woh wapas esa kuch nahi karegi?” Bajaj asked, exasperated with Prerna. The same argument again and again.

“Dekhiye I don’t know anything. Bas jab tak aap thik nahi ho jaate poori tarah, we aren’t going anywhere. Main koi risk nahi le rahi, aap iss halat mein bilkul travel nahi kar sakte! And iss baar main aapki baat nahi sunungi!” She declared. She was as stubborn as Rishabh was.   

“Prerna how can you be so unreasonable?” Rishabh scolded.

Rishabh was about to argue on when the kids came in. Kukki looked at Prerna angrily. She had heard Prerna scolding Rishabh about something from outside and entered as Rishabh said she was unreasonable. Now what does Prerna want? Is she really arguing with dad when he is in this condition. What has happened to her? And here I was thinking of sorting things out with her? 

Kukki jumped to the wrong conclusion again. Sneha could also sense the heat in the room so she quietly went to Rishabh and got onto his bed to snuggle in next to him. A small smile formed on Rishabh’s lips as he kissed his daughter’s head as she snuggled in. He looked at Prerna for a moment and then looked away. 

I really thought she would understand me, he thought. But she really doesn’t get it. I have reasons behind everything I do. I am not just trying to get out of the hospital. It is very important for us to leave this country. With Mr. Basu divorcing Komolika she has no reason not to go to the police with evidence against Prerna for Viraj’s murder. Mr. Basu made his move at the wrong time. Rishabh thought. He was stressed out. When someone is angry, which Komolika is right now, they become unpredictable. Rishabh knew that very well. He knew he needed to act fast. 

Later that evening, Prerna went home to get sprout salad made for Rishabh the way he likes it, after he had made a huge fuss during lunch. Kukki wanted to stay but Rishabh advised against it. He said he had to make some work calls and he would prefer to be alone. Rishabh threw a fit in the room when the nurse brought him dinner. “What food is this!” He scolded the nurse. “I can’t eat this!” he roared. 

The nurse was taken aback. In all these days she had never seen him angry. “Sir-Sir Dr. Riddhima ke --unhone kaha ki aapko yehi dena hai. Aur aapne hi abhi kaha aapko dinner abhi chahiye.” the nurse gulped. 

“Main yeh nahi khaunga. You can tell your doctor.” He said. 

The nurse nervously left the room to call a sweeper to clean the spilled food. Rishabh had really made a mess. 

Two minutes later Riddhima came with the nurse again. The nurse carried a new plate of hot food and kept it in front of Rishabh and left the room.

“I won’t eat this.” he said clearly.

“Why?” she asked sternly. 

“It has no taste. And same khana dono time. I can’t do this.” he stated. 

“Why do I feel you’re purposely doing this to get to me?” Riddhima mentioned. Rishabh didn’t seem like the kind to be finicky about food. He looked like a serious man. Not the kind who would waste time on such things. 

“Such self importance!” Rishabh smirked. She is smart. He thought.

Riddhima narrowed her eyes. She could sense this patient was going to trouble her and she didn’t want any more trouble. She was already in a horrible place. 

“Dekhiye Mr. Bajaj, You’re a family man. I suggest you should take care of yourself well so you can take care of family later. Please be patient with the treatment. I will personally make sure to get you discharged at the earliest!” she said politely. 

“Earliest being tomorrow?” Rishabh asked.

“It doesn’t matter what you say Mr. Bajaj, you’re not getting discharged until I say you can.” Riddhima calmly stated. 

“I am going to get discharged. You’re going to cry and beg me to get discharged yourself, doctor!” Rishabh stated calmly in full attitude. 

Riddhima looked into Mr. Bajaj’s eyes for the first time, probably as calm as he was, and said, “Oh! I’ve cried enough for a whole year. So don’t expect anymore from me...”

“Oh really! Do women really have a limit?” he smirked, looking away.

“Well, I do. And one thing I learnt after all that crying,” she sighed, “it doesn’t solve anything!” she said, clicking her tongue. 

Rishabh was impressed. She really was interesting. He watched as she read through her file and wondered what made her cry so much. That thought was quickly replaced by how much Prerna had suffered at the hands of the Basus. He wished he had never left her. Maybe today they would already be somewhere far away? 

He quickly snapped out of that. 

“Doctor,” he said, shedding all that attitude he bore a few moments back. Clearly giving attitude hadn’t worked. It was time to try something else. 

Riddhima looked up from her file. 

“Like you said, I am a family man. I need to protect my family. Which is why I am requesting you to discharge me. We need to fly to London this week and once I reach, I will get admitted into the best hospital and complete my treatment.” he requested. 

Riddhima didn’t say anything. She could sense that he was genuinely stressed out about something. She wished she could help him but her medical opinion wouldn’t change. 

“You are not fit to travel yet.” She said. 

“Doctor, you know you can’t stop me.” he said, still calm. He saw hope, maybe she would help him. He had very little option now. It was either her or Anurag. The latter, he never wanted to go to for help, not in this lifetime!

“I can’t, but Mrs. Bajaj can. She has to sign the NOC and she won’t do it.” Riddhima said. 

“Doctor, I don’t know if you’ll understand what I have at stake, but I’ve got this family after a lot of struggle. I can’t let anything happen to them. I am requesting you again, just help me. Make me fit to travel, I still have 3 days. I will do anything.” He sincerely requested. 

Somewhere it clicked and Riddhima considered it for a moment. She folded her hands on her chest. “I know the value of family,” she said bitterly, “So I can’t promise anything but from tomorrow, we can try walking. But the major healing your body has to do, so make sure you sleep and eat well.” 

Rishabh knew he had struck a chord. Just what he was hoping to do. He was not an emotional man but he didn’t mind using it sometimes to get his way. He was very happy with himself internally. “Thank you doctor.” he said. 

Riddhima couldn’t understand why she suddenly felt the need to help Rishabh. She absent-mindedly stepped forward onto the food he had spilt and slipped, falling on his chest. 

Rishabh let out a small grunt but tried to hold the pain in. This was her way of helping? He cracked a silly joke to himself. 

Riddhima realising that he must be hurt, looked up at him when the door flung open and Prerna entered, catching them over one another staring into each other’s eyes. 

Hellooo guys 🤗 

Firstly thank you for being patient with my writing! I have just tried to add a change to the generic story. Don't wory I don't intend to start an Armaan Riddhima Love story here I am just using her so its easier for you to imagine the whole scene. Also, I don't do description writing so I can't spend time describing how a character looks. That's absolutely upto your imagination 😆

I hope you like the story! Interesting updates coming up. 😎 

Do leave your comments behind, can't wait for feedback!

AmirAryan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Thank god no Armaan and Ridemah story 👍🏼🤗

Right now I want to read only about Rishabh 👍🏼

😉

crazyforu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Wonderful and interesting update loved it

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

great update.  love the ridhima connect,  can't wait for P's jealousy.  waiting patiently for next.

eishe10 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update! 

Exuberant_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Riddhima falling on Rishabh...I can smell something burning🤣🤣oh! That's Prerna ka dil🤣🤣🤣

Three more days before RB's discharged. Prerna ka dil kya woh to puri ki puri jal jayegi😆😆 

Bring it on! I'm loving this