Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gigiri thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

smiley42 smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42smiley42No update đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ˜­smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 18: Warm Feelings

Rishabh stiffened as the room fell silent on Kukki’s departure. He realised he had said too much. He wasn’t an emotional man. He gathered his emotions and tried to calm down. He needed some time. He shut his eyes, disappointed in his outburst. 

Prerna knew Rishabh was upset with her. She could see it on his face. He wasn’t even looking at her.  She opened the tiffin she had got for him and emptied the contents on a plate. It was almost 12 pm and he hadn’t eaten anything. She walked up to him and sat on his bed instead of the chair. Rishabh looked up at her instantly. She generally maintained a certain distance from him. This was unusual. He shook off the thought abruptly.

She lifted the plate in front of him. Rishabh looked away again. He was in no mood to eat. His head was throbbing and his body felt weak. Prerna took a piece of the Paratha, dipped it in the dahi and nervously brought it in front of his mouth. “I’m not hungry.” he said stubbornly. She knew he would react like this because of his mood. She wondered if he would scold her if she pushed too much. She was worried about his health and frankly, about him in general. She had never seen his emotional side and this burst was a little too much, even for her. She made up her mind, she had to think about his health first. 

Prerna was also stubborn. She held his face from the other hand and turned it towards her gently. Rishabh froze. Prerna was practically cupping his face. She didn’t let go and brought her hand close to his mouth again. “Please khaa lijiye?” she requested in her nicest tone. He stared right back at her unable to fathom what to do next.

He could just feel her hands on his face and couldn’t move. He was mad but he felt all that anger leave his body. No. I am angry with Prerna. How can she do this with me? Itni badi baat mujhse chupaai! Rishabh scolded himself. But his heart skipped and jumped and did whatever it wanted to. His mouth opened slightly and a broad smile formed on Prerna’s lips as she fed him. 

Rishabh just stared at her, in awe. Really? It’s that easy for her to make me do anything? I’m Bajaj. And I am supposed to be angry. Why am I eating? He couldn’t believe himself.  Rishabh tried to keep a straight face as he slowly ate his food. The paratha was delicious. But he didn’t let that show on his face. “Kesa hai?” Prerna asked, expecting a compliment. Why? Even she didn’t understand. She had made it with a lot of thought and care this morning. She wanted to hear a compliment from her husband, but got nothing.

“Okay.” Rishabh replied pretending to not care. He had to keep up the facade of his anger. He needed to get his message across that what she did was wrong. He couldn’t scold her the way he scolded Kukki but he really wanted to make it clear to her too. 

Prerna frowned slightly. She removed her hand from his face and grumpily continued to feed him. Mujhe kyun itna farak padh raha hai? She thought. He has always been like this. He doesn’t say much. Then why am I getting so agitated with his lack of response?

Prerna wiped his mouth with a tissue once she was done feeding him. She brought a glass of water and made him drink while she held the glass for him. She gave him his medicines and took her place on the chair next to him. Rishabh looked at her from the corner of his eyes and wondered why she didn’t come sit on the bed again. He just looked the other way instead of asking her. He hoped he was sending a clear message. He wondered if she even cared enough to notice what message he was trying to send.

Prerna waited for him to say something. The only thing she got was silence. She wondered what to do. Him not talking to her was making her restless. She had so many things to say but he wouldn’t even look at her. She wanted to apologise. “Mr. Bajaj,” she said. 

Rishabh didn’t look at her. “Hmm?” was all he said. 

Prerna let out a sigh and got up. She went to the other side to speak to him. He realised what she was doing so he leaned back on his reclined back rest and looked at the ceiling. That should do it. He told himself. What his brain was really struggling with was why he couldn’t actually be angry? Why was he pretending? What Prerna did was wrong and he is supposed to be angry then why wasn’t he able to just be that. Why did he only feel affection for her when he looked at her? Was love really that powerful? So his solution was simple - don’t look at her. 

Prerna was getting very irritated. What a child! She thought. 

She went to the other side and sat on the bed again. “Mr. Bajaj, I need to speak to you.” she said sincerely. 

Oh! So now she wants to sit on the bed again. Rishabh’s brain registered. The very next second he asked himself why was he even noticing that? 

“Mr. Bajaj,” Prerna said, holding his hand and giving it a shake.

Rishabh looked at her. She should have gotten the message by now. Prerna didn’t leave his hand. “I am sorry,” she said, lowering her gaze. A controlled smile formed on Rishabh’s lips. Message delivered. He thought victoriously. 

“Mujhe nahi samajh aa raha tha ki aapse kaise kahu yeh sab. Itna sab ho gaya and upar se aap ese hospital mein ho. I didn’t want to give you any more stress.” Prerna said from her heart. 

“I didn’t think that baat itni badh jayegi aur Sneha ese react karegi aapke saamne. I tried to handle it par…” she trailed off. “Bas pata nahi. Aapko batane ki himmat nahi hui.”

“Prerna,” Rishabh said, his expression becoming stern. He didn’t understand her explanation. “Thoda sa bharosa kiya hota mujhpar. I know we don’t share a very close relation par hum itne close toh hai ki aap mujhe apna dost samjhe? It was such an important thing. How could you keep it from me? You didn’t handle anything!” he scolded, letting go of all pretence. He didn’t think he could scold her, but he was wrong.  

“Poora bharosa hai aap par,” Prerna said looking at him again. Rishabh was surprised at the boldness with which she said that. 

“Khud se zyada bharosa hai aap par,” she added, her eyes glistening with tears. “Bas aapko aur takleef nahi dena chahti main.” she accepted, helplessly. “Har baar aap mere liye itna sab karte hai, apne se pehle mere baare mein sochte hai, kese aur tension deti aapko?” she asked, tears brimming on her kohl-lined eyes. 

“Already kaafi takleef de chuki hu main. Already aap hospital mein iss haalat mein ho. Aapko ese dekhke mujhe bohot guilty feel hota hai. Mera kal mere aaj pe itna bhaari padega maine kabhi nahi socha tha. Aur aap, aap har problem ko apne upar le lete ho! Ku Mr. Bajaj? I deserve to suffer par aap, aap khud hi akele sab sehte rehte ho!” she said, crying now. Rishabh watched her as she spoke. He realised she had been holding all this inside her. She was just venting out. He listened patiently, not letting his emotions get the better of him. He wanted to scold her more. How could she think like this? But he didn’t. She needed to get it out of her system. He needed to let her vent. He felt his heart pain as he watched her precious tears fall on the bed. 

Prerna wished he would say something, but he just looked at her intently, listening to every word. “Kya zarwat thi akele Sneha ko bachane jaane ki? Jab aapne Mr. Mehra ko call kiya tha toh unhe le jaate, police bula lete, par nahi, aap akele hi chale gaye, aur dekhiye... ” she said, her tone changing. She was scolding him now. He wondered how the conversation had shifted from I’m sorry to kya zarwat thi aapko akele jaane ki? 

“Dekh liya aapne nateeja? Mr. Bajaj aap ku nahi samajhte ki aapko ese dekhna bohot mushkil hai mere liye?” She cried. ”Nahi dekh sakti main. Maine aapko sirf problems aur dard diya hai, aur aapne hamesha sabka khayal rakha. Ku kiya aapne mujhe help? Ku ho aap itte achhe?” Prerna wanted peace. The guilt was eating at her insides and she couldn’t keep this going anymore. She had tried to do everything for Rishabh but nothing seemed to be enough in front of what he had done. Nothing could remove that guilt that she was holding within. Rishabh couldn’t see her in distress. He couldn’t stay put any longer. 

Rishabh lifted his hand to wipe her tears. He hesitated but when she didn’t stop crying he cupped her face with both his hands. He couldn’t see her cry like this. Prerna felt his warm hands cup her face. He wiped her tears. She felt conscious of his touch. She looked up at him expecting him to say something that would lessen her guilt. 

“Please, kuch toh kahiye,” she said, looking into his eyes. 

“Prerna,” he said emotionally, trying to maintain the steadiness in his voice, “kis takleef ki baat kar rahi hai aap? Aapki wajah se aaj mere paas family hai, ek khushi se bhara ghar hai.. something that I didn’t think was possible in this lifetime.” he said looking into her eyes. He wished he could tell her how much she meant to him. He wanted to tell her that he loved her. “Aapne meri life ko jeena layak banaya,” he said, trying to hold back but finding it very difficult to.

Prerna shook her head, “Aap ab bhi mera dil rakhne ke liye yeh sab keh rahe hai. Aap Sneha ko wapas leke aaye! Aap ne iss family ko poora kiya. Mr. Bajaj, main--main toh umeed hi kho baithi thi. Maine apni life pe give up kar diya tha aur saath hi aapki life ko bhi kharab kiya--

â€œStop it Prerna, aapne esa kuch nahi kiya! You’re our linchpin!” He said, trying to explain his feelings, “Aap hum sabko complete karti hai. Aapke bina hamari family bikhar jaati. Aap meri life ki light hai, my ray of hope,” he said stroking her cheek, lost in those big doe eyes, trying to find some shred of love for him. 

Prerna couldn’t believe that Mr. Bajaj really thought that way. Her heart flipped in her chest hearing what he had to say. “Sach toh yeh hai Prerna, ab shayad main aapke bina na reh paau, isliye, selfishly, aapko protect kar raha hu, from everything.” he admitted. 

Sometimes, you don’t have to say I love you to express your love and Prerna felt her heart skip a beat as Rishabh said those words. She realised that she was crying for the same reason. Now she wouldn’t be able to live without him either. She needed him, so much that it scared her.

Prerna gave in to her emotions and flung her arms around him and hugged him tightly, crying louder now. “Main bhi aapke bina nahi reh paungi, iss liye darr lagta hai, ki agar aapko kuch ho gaya toh...” she cried, finally releasing that one thought that had been bothering her.

Rishabh couldn’t control his happiness and felt tears brimming his eyes as well. Hearing his feelings being reciprocated finally made him feel like he mattered. Prerna was scared for his health. He stroked her back as he embraced her, shutting his eyes and allowing that one tear to escape. “Main hu aapke saath, it will all be okay.” he reassured Prerna. 

Prerna felt her heart warm up. In a few seconds she had stopped crying. It felt good, it felt comfortable in his arms. She could feel his hand tightly wrapped around her as an assurance that he was there. She held onto him too and thanked God again and again for blessing her with this man, who was an angel sent from above, just for her. She felt her body relax against his, and for the first time, she didn’t flinch at his touch, instead she liked it. She felt like nothing in this world could harm her in that moment. Nothing else mattered also. She felt warm and safe. 

They didn’t need words to communicate. They had started to understand each other just by their actions, and emotions. Seeing Prerna cry for him, made him feel loved; the way she held onto him, it made him feel needed.

Just feeling his tight grip around her, Prerna knew that Rishabh would always protect her, always be there for her. She felt so blessed to have such a man in her life.

Rishabh felt himself give in to the hug. It was the most beautiful feeling, holding her in his arms, something he had only dreamt about, until today. He recalled all those times she had moved away from him when he had touched her. And today, she had willingly hugged him. He could hold her like this for an eternity and it still wouldn’t be enough. But soon he realised she had stopped crying so he loosened his hold on her. He didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable. 

Prerna shyly pulled back, realising that his hospital gown was soaked in her tears. Rishabh wanted to see her smile and decided to point out something he noticed, “Wese, ek baat kahu?” He said, trying to gauge if she was feeling better. 

“Kya?” Prerna asked, sniffing cutely. 

“Main aapse gussa rehna chahta tha. Aapne mujhse itti badi baat chupaai, par nahi reh paaya..” he said, a small smile on his face. 

“Acha, esa kyun?” she asked.

“Kyun ki parathe itne tasty the,” he said with a small grin.

A big smile formed on Prerna’s face, and that gave Rishabh such satisfaction to watch that he couldn’t express, even to himself. I am the reason for her smile. 

Rishabh was about to say something when the doctor entered, with the nurse. 

Prerna stood up and greeted the doctor. He responded kindly. The doctor checked Rishabh’s vitals, blood pressure and the rest. 

“How are you feeling, Mr. Bajaj?” the doctor asked. 

“I am fine.” Rishabh said, his straight face back on. 

Prerna rolled her eyes. “Doctor, he has been complaining about headaches and has been having trouble sleeping as well.” 

Rishabh glared at Prerna. He wanted to get out of the hospital fast and she was just making it harder for him. 

“Headaches are normal, it’s because of his injuries and also some of the medicines might be showing some side effects, headaches are the most common.” the doctor explained. 

Prerna nodded. 

“Doctor, when can I get discharged? Maybe tomorrow morning?” Rishabh asked courteously. 

“I would strongly advise that you stay here for at least a week so that we can keep you under observation for internal injuries.” the doctor said casually.

“Doctor, I am fine. I have no internal injuries.”

“Mr. Bajaj, sometimes you don’t realise any injuries initially but they could show symptoms within a week.” 

“Doctor but--"

“Nurse, please change the bandage on his arm immediately!” the doctor said, cutting Rishabh’s sentence. There was blood on his bandage.

The nurse was very proactive and the same one from today morning. She grinned at Rishabh but he looked away avoiding eye contact. She started to take off his bandage.

Bajaj glared at the doctor. “Doctor, I have some very urgent work I need to get to. Please have my discharge papers ready by tomorrow morning.” he insisted. Prerna was shocked to see Mr. Bajaj behave like this.

“Mr. Bajaj your injuries aren’t a joke. Mrs. Bajaj requested us to not call the police so we didn’t make this a bigger issue. However, I cannot authorise a discharge yet.” he said firmly. 

“Mr. Bajaj, I think we should listen to the doctor.” Prerna said politely.. 

Rishabh was about to retort when the nurse showed Rishabh’s arm to the doctor. 

“Your stitches are opening up,” The doctor said gravely. Rishabh looked to his arm. 

“It’s just been 24 hours, you must have stretched the arm a lot. How are you not feeling any pain?” the doctor asked. 

Rishabh rolled his eyes at the doctor and looked at Prerna. He knew what the doctor was saying would only upset her and that’s what happened. Worry lines formed on her forehead and she leaned over to check the wound. There was blood oozing out of his stitches. She recollected him hugging her tightly. That must have hurt him so much. 

“It doesn’t hurt that much,” Rishabh said, trying to reassure Prerna, who shot him a deadly glare. She was very annoyed with his careless attitude towards himself. 

“Mr. Bajaj, this can cause your wound to get infected. Please be more cautious. I am sorry, we will not be able to discharge you immediately. We might have to restitch your wound...” the doctor announced, examining the stitches more closely.

“Doctor, this wasn’t an option. I need my discharge papers ready.” Rishabh remained stern. “If you need to redo the stitches do that today.” he added. 

Prerna was astonished. “Mr. Bajaj please,” she said trying to keep him in check. 

“One week minimum, Mr. Bajaj. I will not authorise a discharge before that,” he stated clearly. Rishabh wasn’t ready to take no for an answer. He needed to get home and fix the issues in his family. He needed to get everyone’s bags packed and leave this country forever. But before that he had one very important thing to do, for which he had to leave the hospital. 

“Doctor, can I speak to you in private for a moment.” he said agitated. 

The doctor looked at the nurse and she left the room. Rishabh looked up at Prerna who stared right back at him. She folded her hands on her chest, knowing very well what her husband would do if she left. “Main kahi nahi jaa rahi hu.” she replied calmly but the look in her eyes told Rishabh that she wasn’t about to budge. 

Rishabh nodded realising that he would have to do it in Prerna’s presence. 

“So,” he said, turning to the doctor, “Aap mera discharge authorise nahi karenge?” 

The doctor narrowed his eyes at him. “Excuse me?” 

“You know right? I am Rishabh Bajaj. I can get you fired from here immediately.” he said gritting his teeth. Prerna pursed her lips. She knew he was going to scare the doctor. 

“Are you threatening me?” he asked. He looked behind him at Prerna who shook her head, signalling the doctor not to fall for it. 

“No doctor, I’m giving you a good deal here. Authorise my discharge for tomorrow, and I’ll get this hospital wing named after you. I have connections with the owner and he would do it when I tell him what an amazing doctor you are. Sochiye, every patient coming here would want to get treated by the man after whom this wing is named!” Rishabh said, reading the doctor’s expressions. He was definitely considering it. He would never be able to get a wing named after him in this life otherwise. A small smile formed on Rishabh’s face as he could see the doctor’s change in expression. He was giving into his temptations.

Prerna’s jaw dropped. Rishabh Bajaj could strike a deal with anyone. She glared at the doctor. The doctor looked up at Mrs. Bajaj who furiously glared at him. He was very confused now. “I’ll get the discharge papers ready.” the doctor said, leaving the room, not meeting Prerna’s eyes. 

Prerna followed the doctor out. Rishabh laid back and gave himself a smile. Now he would be able to go home and get his plan in action. 

“Doctor!” Prerna said, stopping him in his tracks. “You can’t discharge him.” she declared. 

The doctor widened his eyes. “Mrs. Bajaj?” he gasped.

“I took a video of his little deal with you. If you accept it I will go to the press.” she threatened. 

“If I don’t listen to him, he will get me fired! I have 2 small kids. Please, Mrs. Bajaj.” He requested. 

“I will make sure he does no such thing. Just don’t discharge him or else, trust me I will go to the media.” she announced. In all these years, she had learnt from Rishabh. She needed him to stay in the hospital otherwise he would strain himself at home and travel in this condition. Just one week. She told herself. And plus, she didn’t want him finding out about the problem between her and Kukki. She had to fix her relationship with Kukki before he got discharged. 

The doctor held his head in his hand and left. She turned around and went back inside. 

“What did you do?” Rishabh asked, narrowing his eyes. She looked quite pleased as she entered.

“Kuch nahi, bas doctor se kuch baat karni thi.” she said.

“Kya?” he asked skeptically.

Prerna looked very pleased with herself. “Aap hospital se kahi nahi jaa rahe.” she declared. 

Rishabh frowned. “We will see Mrs. Bajaj”.

“Oh that we will…” Prerna smirked.

Hellloooo! I am sooo sorry for the delay in updating  I actually wasn't feeling very well and with the whole covid scare I was actually extra careful!  But now I'm good and nothing to worry about đŸ˜›

I hope you enjoyed the update! Do let me know what you think. Oh and yes, fun story line coming up to get PreRish closer. Tiny hospital jealousy track đŸ˜›

Okay no more spoilers! Let me know what you think of the update :) 

Edited by GulaabiAakhein. - 3 years ago
Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Tch tch.. Mr Bajaj Ki chal ko Mrs Bajaj ne fail kar diya 😆

Abh toh sir ko hospital mein hi rehna padega 😛

For a minute mujhe Aisa ho sakta hai wale scene ki yaad aa gai when Rishabh gave dhamki to the doctor ke uski job chali jayegi but yeh alag tha!!  

Finally, they are both realising that they matter to each other!! Now I want to see their relationship grow properly❤️

Edited by Niyati_T - 3 years ago
AGAriya05 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Loved every bit of the chapter.... Excited for the next one... Jealously track yehh !! But the million dollar question will be who’s gonna be Jealous đŸ¤Ł

yogakshema thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Awwwww!!!!!

Such a beautiful update.

Each word that I read was so heart-warming. I had a smile on my face while reading the entire update!

They've finally confessed their feelings to each other, though indirectly. 

The doctor scene was so hilarious. Rishabh Bajaj has finally got someone who can shut him up and deal with all his moods as well. Prerna has truly become Mrs.Bajaj.

Waiting  for the next!

Gigiri thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Wow.............really nice update. Their confession.......awesome. They share their feeling about them and I felt they are like teens. Thank you very much. 

Do not worry much about the COVID. Best and foremost important thing is practicing safety measures carefully each and every time...... changing your masks every morning and evening sessions and use hand sanitizer every one hour and also after touching anything. However....stay safe and take care of yourself. đŸ˜ƒđŸ˜ƒđŸ˜ƒđŸ˜ƒ  

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

great update. looking forward to the jealousy track.

p.s as long as everyone takes the necessary precautions & acts responsibly (& you are 👍🏼) people should be safe, virus has a high recovery rate for healthy adults. as they say better to be safe than sorry. take care x

Edited by oa2019 - 3 years ago
Messi21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It was hilarious how both husband wife threatened the doctor. Poor doctor

Can’t wait for the jealousy track

CutiepieHarshad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wonderful update 

Please update soon 

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

She fed him paratha

Bajaj is all angry and grumpy but silently ate food wondering how can he cool down so easily in front of her😆

She wants his compliments now, interesting👍🏼

Finally, she could tell him all her feelings and guilt and insecurities.

They confessed without saying the actual words❤️

They took a big step to their relationship today.

Bajaj & his demands to be discharged soon

He is hurting and he is still very stubborn.

His deal with the Doctor is so damn good. The doctor accepted immediately.

Nice one Prerna. She knows how to make him stay here.

Jealousy track😈

Lovely update Manjari, continue soon.