Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

12pm noone hota hai! And I'm done writing the update!

11:59 tak morning hai 🤣

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 17: Fear or Fairytales?

Prerna was already on edge before entering the hospital room. She was very upset about the way Kukki was behaving with her from yesterday. She didn’t understand when and how to explain to her that she really does care about Rishabh and has finally started to accept him as her husband. She took deep breaths as she walked towards Rishabh’s room. I can do this. I will be strong for Mr. Bajaj, he needs me and I won’t give up. This too shall pass. She told herself. She held Sneha’s hand tightly. She had told Mr. Bajaj that Sneha was fine but she knew deep within that Sneha really wasn’t even close to okay. Even now she had to force Sneha to come meet Rishabh. She had spent 20 minutes explaining to her daughter that right now her papa was ill and he really wanted to meet Sneha. She could sense the fear seep into Sneha as she entered the room. Her brain seemed fuzzy, there were too many thoughts she was burdened with. She wished she could just vent everything to Rishabh.  

Rishabh lay in bed talking to Kukki when Prerna entered. His eyes instantly fell on Sneha. A smile formed on his face as he struggled to sit up. He was relieved that she stood in front of him unharmed. He was about to call her to him when she started sobbing softly and hid behind Prerna. His smile vanished and his eyebrows knotted as he looked at Prerna. She gulped. 

“Sneha, beta ro mat, dekho papa aapka kabse wait kar rahe hai,” Prerna said trying to pull her out from behind. 

Sneha started sobbing louder. 

I am sorry. Prerna mouthed to Rishabh as he still looked at her confused. Kukki who was sitting next to Rishabh had tears in her eyes too. She blamed herself for Sneha’s outburst. She felt horrible. She had never intended to hurt Sneha in all of this. 

Prerna tried to calm Sneha down. Kukki wanted to help but thought it would be best not to make the situation worse. 

“Sneha,” Rishabh said firmly. 

Sneha peeped from behind Prerna, still sobbing. 

“Idhar aao,” he said sternly. 

Sneha shook her head and clutched onto Prerna’s saree. 

“Sneha, papa ke paas chalo,” Prerna said, trying to drag her towards Rishabh. 

Sneha sobbed louder. Rishabh felt very bad seeing how scared Sneha was of coming to him. He wondered what was on her mind. “Let her be,” he told Prerna.

“Excuse me,” Kukki said leaving the room. She couldn’t watch this. It was too hard. 

“Prerna, aap Kukki ke saath bahar wait kariye, mujhe Sneha se akele baat karni hai.” He said with his patent straight face. He had to find out what was bothering his daughter. 

Prerna nodded. “Sneha, aap papa ke paas baitho, main bas abhi aayi. okay?” She said turning around. She lifted Sneha and made her sit next to Rishabh on his bed. Sneha didn’t stop crying. She sat stiffly and didn’t look at Rishabh.

Prerna looked nervously at Rishabh, who nodded at her calmly. She took a deep breath and left the room thinking she would go look for Kukki. She trusted Mr. Bajaj to make everything okay. Sneha had grown attached to him in these last few weeks. She would listen to him. Even she really didn’t know what was going on in Sneha’s head. Things had been so chaotic since the kidnapping that she hadn’t gotten any time to think about all this.

Once she left the room, Rishabh placed his left arm around his daughter and hugged her sideways. Sneha turned away from him and cried holding onto his hand. 

“Shhh,” Rishabh said stroking her head with his other hand. His hand hurt but he couldn’t see Sneha this way. He let her cry for a moment. When she stopped sobbing after a minute, he said, “Sneha, look at me.”

She slowly turned towards him sniffing lightly. 

“Aap kyun ro rahe ho?” he asked. 

“Aap thik ho?” she asked innocently. 

“Kuch nahi hua papa ko!” He said casually. He placed his left hand on her head and ruffled her hair. “Aap papa ke wajah se ro rahe the?” 

“Mujhe darr lag raha hai, woh log firse mujhe le gaye toh?” she asked, tears glistened in her eyes as she even said those words. “Mujhe akele darr lagta hai.”

Rishabh’s heart ached as he heard his daughter say this. Poor child was so scared. With a surprising amount of compassion Rishabh told Sneha, “Aapke papa jab tak zinda hai, aapko koi harm nahi kar sakta. Main hamesha aapko protect karunga!” he said, hugging Sneha again. 

“Par aap toh...” she trailed off, tears escaping her eyes again.She didn’t have the guts to say it to his face. He wasn’t her father. Why would he protect her? That is what she was thinking.  

Rishabh wiped her tears with his wounded right hand painfully. He ignored all his pain in front of his daughter. “Mujhe kuch nahi hua hai, dekho!” he said smiling again. He misunderstood why she was crying. 

Sneha was quiet. She looked at the ground. 

“Sneha, papa 2-3 days mein aapke saath ghar chalenge, aur aapko ek secret batau?” he asked, hoping to get her excited.

Sneha looked at him hopefully. 

“Humlog sab ek long vacation pe jayenge fir!” he said. 

“Vacation?” She asked, she had never been on one before. 

“Haan! Sab bad people se bohot dur!” he said smiling. He was sure this would make her smile, but it didn’t. “Woh new place mein aap bilkul safe rahoge!” he added. Yet no response.

“Kya baat hai beta?” he asked. 

“Aap mereko waha chodke aa jaoge?” she asked tearily. In all the fairytales she had heard, the stepmother always tried to get rid of the daughter and left her in the forest. Sneha was scared of the same, that’s why she didn’t want to come and meet Rishabh. She was already scared after the kidnapping and later when she heard Rishabh wasn’t her father, her brain made up it’s own story about how Rishabh would want to send her away somewhere. She had lived away all these years and now with the sudden kidnapping a fear built up inside her that she would be alone again. She was scared that Rishabh wouldn’t love her after waking up. 

Rishabh didn’t understand where this was coming from. “Bilkul nahi, main bhi aapke saath rahunga!” he reassured. 

“Pakka?” she asked. “Aap jesa bologe main karungi, koi badmaashi nahi karungi. Please mujhe dur mat bhejo!” Her little brain was burdened with so many questions and thoughts.

“Sneha?” Rishabh gasped in shock. “Kya keh rahe ho aap?”

“Aap mere real papa nahi ho toh aap mujhe scary forest mein chod doge na?” She asked tears forming in her eyes. 

Rishabh couldn’t believe his ears. Had she heard right? He could suddenly feel a pit in his stomach. Now that was real pain. He was speechless. She knew?

“Kisne kaha aapse yeh?” he asked with gritted teeth. 

“Kukki di ne kaha ki woh dusre uncle mere papa hai.” Sneha said. Rishabh was speechless again. A tear trickled down his cheek. He could not believe this. Neither Kukki nor Prerna felt the need to tell him this? His heart sank. “Yeh sach hai?” she asked. 

Rishabh couldn’t speak. He shook his head. Sneha had never seen her father cry. She didn’t understand why there were tears in his eyes. She wiped his tears. “Papa kya hua?” she asked with soft sobs. It was the first time she had called him papa since the time she entered. 

“Aap-- meri beti ho.” he said, trying really hard not to cry. “Main aapka papa hoon. No one else.” he declared. “Samjhe?! Aapko bilkul darne ki zarwat nahi hai. Main hamesha aapke saath hu.” he said, emotionally. Few more tears escaped his eyes. 

Sneha felt her body relax again. She nodded obediently. 

“Good. Aur papa aapko kahi nahi jaane denge! You’re my daughter. Mine.” he announced. Reassuring her. He wanted to remove even the smallest of doubts from her system.

Sneha turned around, stood on her knees and threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. Rishabh wrapped his arms around her and cried. His heart was aching and so were his wounds. But he could only feel the pain in his heart. Sneha was so relieved. All those stories vanished from her brain. All the fears washed away with the tears. This is all she needed to hear. She believed her father. She was his daughter, no matter what someone said. 

“I love you, papa!” she cried. 

“I love you too!” he said holding her tightly. 

Prerna looked outside the room for Kukki but she was nowhere. She searched the corridors. How far could she have gone? She went till the lift and when she didn’t see Kukki, she decided to come back. As she walked back she spotted Kukki sitting on a bench in a corner with her eyes closed and head against the wall. She sighed and wondered whether she should go talk to her or give her some space? She couldn’t control herself. Kukki looked troubled, she had to go talk to her. 

She placed her hand on Kukki’s shoulder. “Are you okay?” she asked. 

Kukki stiffened and shrugged off her hand. 

“Sneha is so scared of dad because of me na?” she asked Prerna coldly. She didn’t know who else to ask this to. 

Prerna shook her head immediately. “It’s not your fault!” she said with nothing but love in her eyes. 

Kukki smirked. “I know it is.” she said disappointed in herself.  

“Kukki, Sneha bachi hai, she is just scared because of everything she saw.” Prerna said. She didn’t want Kukki to have any guilt. After all, the poor girl was already troubled seeing her dad like this. 

“And everything she heard.” Kukki corrected. 

Prerna pursed her lips. She wondered how to make Kukki understand. “Sneha ko kabhi na kabhi pata chalna hi tha.” Prerna said. “It’s okay.” 

“It’s not okay Prerna!” she said getting up with a jerk. 

“Sneha is & will always be Mr. Bajaj’s daughter.” Prerna said. 

“Haan par--”

“Par kuch nahi. Hum sab uske saath hai, and uski Kukki di uske saath hai, she will be absolutely okay!” Prerna said, smiling. 

“Aur dad?” Kukki asked, “Unhe pata chalega toh he will be heartbroken!?” 

Prerna’s eyes widened as she realised that Sneha was alone with Mr. Bajaj, what if he finds out from her. And as if Kukki read Prerna’s expressions, she too panicked, “Dad bohot gussa ho jayenge agar Sneha ne bata diya!” Kukki exclaimed. 

“Don’t worry, calm down,” Prerna said holding her hands and squeezing them. “Kuch nahi hoga, lets go.” 

Both Prerna and Kukki rushed towards Mr. Bajaj’s room and barged in only to find Mr. Bajaj hugging Sneha. 

He looked at both of them over Sneha’s shoulder with fury pouring out of his eyes. Prerna and Kukki both exchanged glances and gulped. Their throats ran dry as they understood with that one look that he knew. 

Rishabh could feel anger flowing through his veins and he lay his eyes on both of them. He didn’t let go of Sneha. He held her against him tightly. LIES! His mind roared. He remembered both their words of reassurance that nothing had happened. How easily they had lied to him thinking he was a fool who wouldn’t come to know. How many times he had asked Prerna what was wrong! How much time both of them had gotten to tell him everything but they said nothing. He glared at them ready to blast. 

Sneha pulled away and turned around to look at Kukki and Prerna. She snuggled into Rishabh as she spotted Kukki. Rishabh put his arm around Sneha and looked away. He used all the energy left in him to control his anger. He watched Sneha hold onto his hospital gown tighter as Kukki came forward.

“Mr. Bajaj, I got breakfast for you.” Prerna said, trying to change the topic.

“No thanks.” he said through gritted teeth. 

“But dad aapko--” Kukki tried to say but Rishabh didn’t let her finish. 

“I think tum kuch na hi kaho toh better hoga.” he hissed. Kukki shut up immediately and nodded. 

“Dad I didn’t mean to--” Kukki tried to explain but Mr. Bajaj stopped her.

“I will speak to both of you later.” he said with an air of finality. He looked at Sneha. He needed to remove all doubts from her brain, that’s all. 

“And one more thing,” he said, placing his arm around Sneha, “Sneha meri beti hai. I hope iss baat pe kisi ko koi doubts nahi hai?” he asked angrily, glaring right at Kukki. She shook her head and looked down apologetically. 

“Good. And from now on, iss topic pe koi bhi baat nahi hogi, am I clear?” He asked, still looking at Kukki directly. She didn’t look up but just slightly nodded. She could sense how furious Rishabh was. She was gone. 

Rishabh’s gaze shifted from Kukki to Prerna. She looked directly at him, hoping he wouldn’t be angry with her but she sensed otherwise. Shit. She thought.

He was very angry. He couldn’t believe that Kukki and Prerna both would lie to him about such a huge thing. Neither of them told him and they had the audacity to stand in front of him and pretend everything is fine. Sneha had thought of such terrible things about him and god knows how scared she must have felt all this while. She believed that Rishabh wanted to send her away! How could Prerna let Sneha believe such a thing? 

Prerna and Kukki were saved by the doctor. He had come to check up on Rishabh. He did small movement tests with Rishabh and told Prerna to make sure he ate properly and took his medicines on time. The painkillers were strong and hence he needed to be properly fed. Prerna glared at Bajaj as the doctor said this while Rishabh rolled his eyes at her. It was like they were communicating with just their eyes. She knew that she should have told Mr. Bajaj but he was already in so much pain she didn’t want to bother him. Plus she knew that he would get mad at Kukki and Prerna would never want any kind of a distance between Kukki and Rishabh. 

The doctor went on to examine his stitches and told Mr. Bajaj that he needed to keep his right hand still. His stitches needed time to heal his skin. If the stitches came off because of too much movement his wound could get infected. Prerna made mental notes of everything the doctor said. She had to take care of Rishabh.

Prerna could see the difference in Sneha’s mood within an hour. She saw her smile more and she spoke to Rishabh the entire time she was in the hospital. Prerna was glad that at least Sneha looked like she was at peace now. One down, two to go. Kukki & Mr. Bajaj both were upset with her clearly. She would have to speak to them as well. She dropped Sneha till the car and sent her to Veena at home. 

“What were you thinking?” Rishabh asked, fuming with anger, as soon as Prerna left the room with Sneha.

“Dad--I--I messed up.” Kukki fumbled for words. “I was very scared for you and I didn’t realise Sneha was listening.” Kukki said. 

“How could you even utter those words?” He scolded. “Do you even realise how scared she was!” 

Kukki knew that she deserved the scolding she was receiving but all she wanted was to see Rishabh happy. 

“Dad I am sorry,” she said looking at the floor. 

“Too late!” Rishabh spat. “ Why Kukki? How can you even say this I don’t understand! Yeh sab kehne ki zarwat hi kya thi? How is this related to me!” Rishabh scolded. 

Tears formed in Kukki’s eyes. She still looked down. 

“I am waiting for an answer.” he said, still glaring at her. 

“Dad-- woh--” Kukki knew Rishabh would not support her. He was in love with Prerna and she clearly was not! “Dad woh Anurag Basu was in the hospital and uski wife ki wajah se aapke saath yeh sab hua, I was just mad at him and--”

Rishabh clicked his tongue. Anurag Basu had always caused problems for him. “Inn sab mein Sneha ko beech mein nahi lana chahiye tha.” Rishabh said. “I don’t expect these things from you.” He said, disappointed. 

“Dad I didn’t realise she was there and-- I am really sorry.” she said. She couldn’t explain anymore. Rishabh looked away. He couldn’t get Sneha’s words out of his mind. She thought he would leave her alone somewhere. She was scared to meet him because she thought he would send her away. 

Prerna entered the room again, unsure about where the conversation had reached. She looked from Kukki to Mr. Bajaj and back to Kukki. She didn’t look at her. Her eyes were glued to the floor, tears glistening in them. Mr. Bajaj had scolded her. She deduced. 

She looked up at Rishabh a little angrily, “Mr. Bajaj Kukki ki galti nahi thi!” She said going and placing a hand around her. “Aap jaante bhi nahi ki yeh kitni darri hui thi aapke liye! Uss tension mein nikal gaya isse and she really didn’t intend to hurt Sneha.”

“Please Prerna! Aap iski side naa hi le toh behtar hoga. Aur actually galti aap dono ki hai!” Rishabh roared. He was very upset with them. “How many times did I ask you two about Sneha?” he questioned them. “Aur kisine mujhe yeh sab nahi bataya!” he scolded. 

“Mr. Bajaj aap hospital mein ho, aapko tension nahi dena chahte the and I spoke to Sneha and handled the situation!” Prerna said. 

“Handled?” Rishabh gasped. His anger knew no bounds. “Do you even know why she was so scared to meet me?” He asked, his eyes filling with tears. 

“Usse laga ki because main uska real papa nahi hu--” his voice started breaking, He cleared his throat, “toh main usse dur bhej dunga kahi.” He looked away. 

Prerna was shocked. Tears trickled down Kukki’s cheek.She couldn’t believe that Sneha had thought of it in such an extreme way. 

“Kya?” Prerna gasped. 

“Yes!” Rishabh said, glaring at her again. “Can you imagine what it feels like, when your own daughter tells you this? And you say you handled the situation?” he still couldn’t digest it.

“Mr. Bajaj, usne yeh nahi kaha mujhse,” Prerna mumbled. She couldn’t believe it.

“Par mujhse kaha! Aur kaha hi nahi, mujhse pucha ki main usse jungle mein toh chod ke nahi aunga jese uske fairytales mein hota hai!” Rishabh blasted. 

Prerna had never seen Mr.Bajaj so emotional. Her heart welled up too. She could clearly see how affected he was by it. Mr. Bajaj looked away realising that Prerna could see his tears.  She moved closer to him and placed an arm around him. She stroked his shoulder. 

“She loves you a lot,” Prerna whispered. 

“I know!” he said immediately, “Par aap yeh nahi samajh rahi hai ki woh thik nahi thi! You and Kukki hid such a big thing from me. Agar maine usse aaj nahi baat kari hoti toh? Woh yeh sach maan ke na jaane kya karti!” He said emotionally. 

“Please shaant ho jaiye. Sneha didn’t mean all that. Woh bas darr gayi thi toh yeh sab..” her voice trailed off with a glare from Rishabh. She cleared her throat and stepped back. He was really upset.

Prerna was touched by Mr. Bajaj’s love for Sneha. She knew he really cared for her but she had never seen him cry for anyone. The Rishabh Bajaj who was called cold-hearted and heartless by so many was becoming soft and caring towards a tiny little soul. She remembered how he used to worry for Kukki when she was a child. Just like that, he looked tense about Sneha. But at the moment he was quite affected by Sneha’s words. She had to speak to him.

“Dad I am really sorry,” Kukki repeated, “Main abhi ghar jaake Sneha se baat karti hu.” she said. 

“Koi zarwat nahi hai!” Rishabh said immediately. “This matter will be closed right here. Maine usse baat kar li hai. And now for the last time I am asking, is there something else I should know? Because aaplog dono hi kal se bohot strange behave kar rahe hai!” 

Prerna and Kukki exchanged looks. Prerna slightly shook her head. Kukki was scared of Rishabh’s anger. She didn’t say anything. 

“Nahi Mr. Bajaj, bas yehi baat thi. Samajh nahi aa raha tha ki aapse kese kahe. Now that aapne Sneha se baat kar li hai, everything is good.” Prerna said, looking at Kukki.

“Thankfully,” he said rolling his eyes.  

Kukki didn’t look up at Prerna. “Dad, aap rest kariye, I’ll be back after college.” she said checking her watch. 

Rishabh nodded. “Take care.”

Precap: Rishabh & Prerna get close <3

Helllooo People! 

This was a loooooong update & I hope it turned out as good as you expected! I really hope you need tissues 🤣 do let me know what you think? 

A lot of romance coming up! Stay tuned 

Waiting for your feeeeback   

Edited by GulaabiAakhein. - 3 years ago
MishtiNew thumbnail

Such an emotional update 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Poor Sneha!😢 So much trauma!!!

Precap- ☺️

Loved the update!!!

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

🤔 yea kuki aur prerna ko parcel karke instead jungle mein chor do. Sneha and Bajju can live peacefully meanwhile. 🤔

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Poor poor poor Sneha she thought Bajju would leave her away in jungle. 😔 💔 

MishtiNew thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

🤔 yea kuki aur prerna ko parcel karke instead jungle mein chor do. Sneha and Bajju can live peacefully meanwhile. 🤔

Yes.

Because of these two Bajaj and Sneha had to go through so much pain

😭😭😭😭😭

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Kuki is only pleasing when she is giving Prerna a hard time. Not otherwise. Huh 😒 

And Prerna 😒 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Originally posted by: MishtiNew

Yes.

Because of these two Bajaj and Sneha had to go through so much pain

😭😭😭😭😭

Prerna can toh I understand, why she is so. But Kuki being a Bajaj is a disappointment. Show mein bhi story mein bhi 😆

MishtiNew thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

Prerna can toh I understand, why she is so. But Kuki being a Bajaj is a disappointment. Show mein bhi story mein bhi 😆

After all Kukki Prerna Maa ki beti hai 😵😬🤧

AmirAryan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I will come tonight with my comment 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️😉😉😉

U please start write another part 😆😒