Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, last night, on YouTube, I watched a marathon session staring from Krishna's return to Mathura right upto the episode where Krishna and Balarama meet their parents for the first time ever.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-NRrjK61OD38i9X7KO5qrFKrWvpHubM5

Some observations:

• I thought the guy who played Akrura indulged in a lot of overacting, and wasn't impressed by him at all
  • The torture of Vasudev & Devaki brought up some questions.  First of all, were they ever set free after Krishna's successful evacuation from that jail?  Second, the torture scene - they made Vasudev look like Jesus Christ, the way they tied him to a cross and were lowering him into the snakepit.  Also, if Balarama could appear in a previous episode to protect them and scare off Kansa, couldn't he have done the same here?  Also, did Kansa ever doubt that Nanda's son was actually Devaki's #8, given all his feats?
  • The revelation of Krishna's identity to Yashoda and Nandrai was also needlessly melodramatic
  • Somehow, I've never cared for gopi or Radha scenes, and skipped those
  • The language used in this serial was horrible: whereas in the Ramayan, they were careful to use if not shudh Hindi, at least not any Urdu words, which would have been anachronistic.  In this serial, they use words like madat, haalat, kashai, zamindari,... freely, like it was medieval India or later.  When Akrura was putting together his sacrificial militia to protect Krishna, I half expected him to call them fidayeen, it was that bad!
  • The hunchback who Krishna straightened - was she married?  I thought that in that era, such women would have found it impossible to find a husband.  Yet, when Krishna revived her and changed her garb, she was wearing all the jewelry of a married woman
  • In the wrestling arena, wasn't it a straight 1:1 duel b/w Balaram vs Mushtik, and Krishna vs Chanoor?  Here they showed 4 wrestlers ganging up on them, the latter 2 attacking them the moment they killed the first 2.  Kansa was evil enough on his own: was it necessary to exaggerate it by showing his fighters taking on Krishna & Balaram unfairly?
  • Also, while it's true that Krishna once sued for peace (pre-Kurukshetra), once strategically fled the field (Kalyavan), once evacuating Mathura for an island which could not be invaded, he was a kshatriya, and would never have questioned an invitation for a battle.  Here, he raised the question of fairness, and then invited his supporters in the crowd to challenge Kansa's decision.  Is it written that that's what he actually did?  B'cos that actually violated kshatriya norms
  • They showed Chanoor and Krishna's other courtiers being killed by Akrura, Nanda and others?  And at the end of the battle, only those 2, as well as Balarama and Krishna were left standing?
  • I did like Krishna & Balarama's union and conversation w/ their parents in the jail.  However, one of the greatest things that Krishna did was decline the crown of Dwarka, and restore it to Ugrasena.  How come they didn't show that, or have I just not gotten to that part as yet?  Since the next episode seems to be Nanda taking a tearful leave of them and Vasudev taking Krishna and Balarama to Rishi Garg

I also thought Akrur does overacting, whenever his scene came I was cringing. Too much overdrama by him. Devaki and Vasudev ko free kare the for some time but then again kansa ko jail mein daldiye. Krishnaji set them free. Yes I agree again, Yashoda was doing too much melodrama, too much crying omg like they took whole episode for that scene. I also disliked that they spent three epispdes showing Ramayan but all other vishnu avtars they only completed in 5-10 minutes hmm. I believe the Hunchback lady was Suparnakha but not 100% sure, I had read it somewhere anyways maybe thats why she was all dressed up after Krishnaji straightened her. Shri krishna mein dhikhaya that that Krishnaji gave the crown to ugrasena when Ugrasen offered Krishnaji to be king. Krishnaji declined being king that time.  

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 3 years ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Quick question: who were the actors who played Krishna before Swapnil?  I was watching it last night on YouTube, and I only recognized Swapnil from one of the Radha scenes onwards.  But there was a kid or 2 before that (not counting the infant Krishna) who played him - from the butter stealing to the one where he tears apart that python who was a son of Kubera cursed by Ashtavakra.

The kid who was Krishna is actress Drithi Bhatia and after that Ashok and then Swapnil. 

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

The actor right before Swapnil who played the pre-teen Krishna was Ashok Balakrishnan

I don't know about the other actors though. I haven't found their names anywhere online.

Before Ashok it was actress Dhriti bhatia who played toddler Krishna

SoniRita thumbnail

Okay, what is being shown on TV?

I'm watching the early part of the serial for the first time ever: in the past, I only watched it from the start of the Mahabharat war, and stopped when Krishna and the Pandavas split, and then again the Banasura episodes

On TV, they just finished telling all Vishnu avtars story. Ramayan finally ended in Shri Krishna hehe

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Sudama  and krishna  episode was also exaggerate in shree krishna . It took at least 2 or 3 episode  sudama reaching  krishna palace 

Where as 2,4 episode dedicated to show sudama  nirdhanta ( poor) status and showing that he use to chant krishna name  and he had only  one single rice  in whole house and that single rice he offered to  Lord krishna  and then he broke that single rice and give small part of rice to his two sons and wife  and  just expecting from his family that  his family should remove their hunger  by just eating  little part of Rice in whole day. 

Though his children were crying  badly due to hunger but sudama want his children to be satisfied with just eating  one part of rice 

After lot of effort his wife able to send sudama send to dwarika 

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Sudama  and krishna  episode was also exaggerate in shree krishna . It took at least 2 or 3 episode  sudama reaching  krishna palace 

Where as 2,4 episode dedicated to show sudama  nirdhanta ( poor) status and showing that he use to chant krishna name  and he had only  one single rice  in whole house and that single rice he offered to  Lord krishna  and then he broke that single rice and give small part of rice to his two sons and wife  and  just expecting from his family that  his family should remove their hunger  by just eating  little part of Rice in whole day. 

Though his children were crying  badly due to hunger but sudama want his children to be satisfied with just eating  one part of rice 

After lot of effort his wife able to send sudama send to dwarika 

I havent seen all those episodes, as I watch it live in DD

surabhi01 thumbnail

I have seen  that sudama episode  few years back in star utsav

In star utsav channel they have shown many times shree krishna, brc mahabharat and ramanand sagar Ramayana

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

And i use  to watch ramanand sagar  and brc mahabharat in  laptop too  

Whole episode of ramanand  Ramayana and brc mahabharat was download in  laptop

SoniRita thumbnail

I have seen  that sudama episode  few years back in star utsav

In star utsav channel they have shown many times shree krishna, brc mahabharat and ramanand sagar Ramayana

I have seen Ramanand's Ramayana couple of times but seeing Ramanand's Shri krishna 1st time

SoniRita thumbnail

And i use  to watch ramanand sagar  and brc mahabharat in  laptop too  

Whole episode of ramanand  Ramayana and brc mahabharat was download in  laptop

I have only watched the star plus Shaheer sheikh version mahabharat. I prefer Ramayan and vishu puran and shree krishna and mahadev, mahabharat is one time watch hehe