Discolights thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

1.36.. update please :)

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hello Amazing People🤗

So back with the next update a whole week. I was a bit caught up and that's why I couldn't work on it the way I'd have loved to. Therefore, I apologise for the delay, for replying so late to your messages and PMs too.🙏🏼

This update is I guess the longest till date because I had to set things up for the future story. Therefore, please brace yourself for a lot of old scenes (FBs) from the show and new information in this update. I'd shut up here and let you read. 😁

PS- I'd be away for a day or two, therefore there might be a delay in my replies. Also the next update will be updated by Thursday. I am targeting wednesday but Thursday is the last deadline. 

Thank you soo much for all your love and support.

Love ❤️

-Sunshine

"Aisa nahi hai Maa.. humare beech mein aisa kuch nahi.. (she paused) wo bas ek deal thi.." said Prerna.

"Beta tum chahe usey deal kehna chaho ya samjhota.. rahegi to shaadi hi.. to shayad isiliye jab Menaka ko dekhti ho to ek Wife ki nazariye se tumhara uska Mr. Bajaj ke kareeb rehna pasand nahi ata.."

"Nahi Maa aisa kuch nahi…."

That's when Prerna heard Shivani's voice who seemed to have heard their conversation. Shivani sat beside her mother and turned the phone a bit so she could be in the frame too.

"I am sorry maine aapki baatien sun li. Agar aap bura na mane to kuch kahu?" Prerna noticed how she asked for permission, instead of jumping on her with her weapons. 

"Bolo shivi.. bas shanti se aur bina hyper hue kehna.." both sisters shared a small smile. 

CHAPTER 32

"Okay. I don't know Di aapko aisa kyu feel ho raha hai. Par main is baar aapse agree aur Maa se disagree karna chahti hu. Maa jo keh rahin hai ki aap ek wife ki tarah soch rahi hain wo shayad theek nahin hai coz abhi aapne hi kaha ki you two never had a relationship like that, wo bas ek deal thi aap dono ke beech ki"

"I don't get you Shivi.." said Prerna.

"Di main kehna chahti hu ki aap Anurag ki jagah aur kisi ke bare mein as a wife soch hi nahi sakti hai. Sirf aaj hi nahi shayad aapne Mr. Bajaj ke bare mein kabhi ek wife ki tarah to nahin socha, jo sahi bhi tha, because it was just a deal. Warna aap Anurag ke accident ke waqt adhi raat tak, unhe aur Kukki ko chhodke Anurag ke pass kyun rukti. Aur agar main galat nahi hu to jab aapki shaadi ke din bhi aapko Anurag ke accident ke baare mein pata chala tha tab bhi aap shaadi ke kapdo mein hi sab rituals chhod ke Anu se milne hospital chali gayi thi, haina Di?"

Both incidents flashed like a movie in front of her eyes as she heard Shivani.

Shivani continued "Isliye mujhe nahi lagta ki Maa jo keh rahi hai ki aap ek wife ki tarah soch rahin hai wo sach hai. Jo aap kabhi bani hi nahi uski tarah aap kaise soch sakti hain. Duniya ke liye aap shayad Mrs. Bajaj thi, par aapne kabhi ye mana nahi kyunki tab bhi aap sirf apne pyaar ke baare mein sochti thi, isliye to ye sochne ki jagah ki Mr. Bajaj kya soch rahe the us waqt, aap bas Anurag ke liye sab karti thi. Aur aapne aisa kiya because aap tab bhi Anurag ko apna sab kuch manti thi. Aapke liye aapki mandir mein hui dhaga shaadi zyada mayne rakhti thi"

Moment when Anurag undid her thread right before their marriage flashed in front of her.

"Yaad hai Di jab Mr. Bajaj aur aap ghar aaye the, aur Anurag ko chai banate waqt halki steam lag gai thi, tab kaise aap Anurag ki care mein lag gayi thi. Agar aapki jagah koi normal couple hota to mostly wo apne husband ke sath rehti because Anurag ke liye aur bhi log the waha. But apne wife hone ka jhoota veil nikal kar apne pyaar ko choose kiya tha. Because uski chhoti si takleef se bhi aapko takleef hoti thi. Us waqt Anurag aapke liye important tha, Mr. Bajaj nahi; Haina Di?" 

Prerna could barely react because she knew nothing her sister said was untrue. And the fact that all this was true irked her even more. Frustrated with remembering everything Prerna asked in an irritated tone "Ye sab main janti hu Shivi, but is sabka relation is baat se kaha hai jo maine aaj jo Menaka ke liye feel kiya. Kyu maine uske baare mein aisa socha jabki wo to bas help kar rahi thi.."

"Di aaj jo hua agar ye sab Mr. Bajaj nahi, rather Anurag ke sath hua hota aur Komolika, Menaka ki jagah hoti to main keh sakti thi ki jo aap ek wife ki tarah react kar rahi hai, aur agar aap abtak nahi samjhi hain to us feeling ko Jealousy kehte hain. Par shayad is case mein ye applicable nahi hai. Coz jealous hum unke liye hote hain jinke liye hum kuch feel karte hain. Aap to waha Kukki ke liye gayi hain na? Isliye aapne Menaka ke liye ye sab feel kiya because aap Kukki ko pyaar karti hain aur Menaka aapke aur Kukki ke beech aa sakti hai.. naki isliye ki aap ek wife ki tarah soch rahi hai jaisa Maa ne kaha. Waise Di bura mat maniyega but apka to pata nahi but I am sure Menaka aapko dekhke zaroor jealous feel karti hogi.  Is waqt Menaka jo shayad Mr. Bajaj ko aaj bhi like ya love jo bhi karti hai wo aapki jagah hai aur Mr. Bajaj unke liye Anurag ki jagah. For a change aap Mr. Bajaj ki. (She paused for a while). 

Prerna couldn't help but agree with what Shivani just said. It was all the same situation, just the places were exchanged. And she didn't fail to notice how drastically different her reaction was as compared to Rishabh when he saw her with Anurag all the time.

Di aapse ek baat poochu?" Said Shivani.

"Hmm.." 

"Aap jo ye itna tense and uncomfortable ho rahi hain Mr. Bajaj and Menaka ya Kukki ko lekar, Kya Mr. Bajaj ko koi fark padta tha, jab aap Anurag ke pass thi, uski care karti thi, jo aapko padna chahiye?"

Prerna didn't react. All she did was stare at the phone screen. She had no answer as she never cares to know what he felt. She had no idea.

"Boliye na Di Mr. Bajaj ko koi fark pada tha jab aap yani unki wife, Anurag ke pass thi? Aap aur Anurag din raat unki aankhon ke samne ek hi chhat ke neeche rehte the, to kya kabhi unhone kuch kaha tha? Kya unhe kuch feel hua? Nahi na, kyunki aap dono ke beech mein wo relation hi nahi tha, wo bas ek deal thi wo bhi Kukke ki wajah se. Na hi, Mujhe lagta hai unhe koi fark padta tha. Jab unhe aapko zabatrdasti Anurag se dur karne se koi fark nahi pada to..Did he ever feel like a husband, jo aap wife ki tarah feel karein.. wo hain hi itne heartless ki koi fark hi nahi...."

"Main rakhti hu." Said Prerna abrubtly interrupting Shivani. 

'Mere pass tumhare baki sawalo ke jawab ho na ho but ye zaroor pata hai ki wo heartless nahi hai. Par is waqr taqat nahi is baat par behas karne ki Shivi..' thought Prerna.

"I am sorry if I.." Shivani tried to apologise but Prerna was too lost in her thoughts.

"I had a long day Shivi, bhaut thak gayi hu.. kal baat karte hain" Prerna didn't lie because events of the day did exhaust her not just physically but mentally too.

"Okay Di. Good night and Take care.." Veena and Shivani wished her and they were off the call.

Prerna kept her phone aside and holding her head in her hands she closed her eyes. 

'Tumhe shayad Kukki ke Khone ka darr hai'... 

'Tum ek wife ki tarah soch rahi ho'.. 

'Di agar is situation mein agar Mr. Bajaj aur Menaka ki jagah Anurag aur Komolika hote to jo aap feel kar rahi hain usey jealousy kehte hain' 

Veena and Shivani's words rang like a bell in her ears, almost giving her a headache.

"Am I jealous of Menaka..?? But why would I be??" She said to herself. Very next moment she got up from her bed and walked back and forth feeling restless, "No No No.. this isn't possible.. this can't be true. I came here for Kukki. I am sure Shivi sahi hai ki mujhe Kukki ko khone ke dar ki wajah se aise thought aaya.. it's not jealousy.. ho hi nahi sakta.. It's not possible.. Mr. Bajaj world ke best father hain.. is a great Businessman, seems to be a nice person too and I respect him, that's it.. it's just my fear.."

"Then why did you get such bad thoughts for Menaka only when she was with Mr. Bajaj. Kukki se meeting ke waqt to aisa kuch nahi hua?" She heard a conflicting voice in her messed up brain.

"May be because she was near him without him knowing" she said in a whispering voice and sat back on the bed.

"To tumhe kyu fark pad raha hai. Jab unhe pata chalta to khud dekh lete, why did you dislike her? Just because she showed concern for a sick person? You were responsible for all that, na tum Menaka ko us raat rokti, na baat itni bigadti"

She digged her fingers into the mattress and got up in a quick movement.

She leaned against the wall and recalled what Shivani asked "Di Kya Mr. Bajaj ko koi fark padta tha jab aap din raat unki aankhon ke samne, ek hi chhat ke neeche Anurag ke sath rehti thi wo bhi ye jante hue ki aap ussey kitna pyaar karti hain?" 

"Maine ye shaadi sirf Anurag ko bachane ke liye ki hai Mr. Bajaj'

'Aap jante hai agar wo hurt hoga to main bhi hurt hongi'

'Main Anurag se bhaut pyaar karti hu Mr. Bajaj aur koi mujhe uske pass jane se rok nahi sakta.. aap sun rahe hain?"

"Aap aur Anurag din raat unki aankhon ke samne ek hi chhat ke neeche rehte the, to kya kabhi unhone kuch kaha tha? Kya unhe kuch feel hua?" She had no answer when Shivani had questioned her but some incident. Prerna felt suffocated all of a sudden and she reached out to the balcony to breathe in some fresh air and sat in her rocking armchair remembering all the incidents where she was vocal about her love for Anurag even when he directly or indirectly expressed his discomfort. But she failed to understand.

Time when he had confessed that Anurag was hit by his car by mistake after Ganpati Pooja.

'I am telling you aap usey jitna takleef pohchaoge na, utna Takleef mujhe bhi hogi. I swear main aapko usey hurt nahi karne dungi. Anurag ki zindagi aur uske Business ko barbaad karne ki koshish mat karna.

"Main janta hu ki mujhse galati hui hai, par iska matlab ye nahi hai ki aap bar bar mujhe ye batayengi ki aap Mr. Basu ki kitni fikra karti hain. Main aapse request kar rha hu, please ye baat mujhse mat kijiye, mere liye thoda asan ho jayega" 

Their conversation the night Anurag accused him of hurting him on purpose after the Contract Winning Party hosted by Bajajs in Basu Badi.

Mr. Bajaj mujhe Anurag ke bare mein aapse baat karni thi.

'Mr. Basu ko chhodkar aur kisi bhi subject par mujhse baat kar sakte hain'

Conversation in their room after Rishabh came out on bail on her request because she knew the entire accident was planned by Anurag.

Ye jante hue ki Anurag galat hai,  phir bhi uske khilaf nahi khadi ho sakti main. Main ye bhi nahi chahti ki koi usey punish kare. Main ji lungi uski yaado ke sahare lekin..

'Prerna, main bas ye kehna chahta hu ki, please ye samajhne ki koshish kijiye ki main bhi ek insaan hu. Aapko hurt dekhta hu to main bhi hurt feel karta hu. Mujhe yaad hai maine aapse kaha tha ki is duniya mein jo bhi baat aap karna chahti hai, mujhse kar sakti hain but Mr. Basu ke bare mein baat mat kijiye.. It makes me very uncomfortable'.

Conversation post their visit to Sharma Niwas ruined by Anurag.

Anurag ne aaj jo kiya wo.. kabhi kabhi mujhe aise lagta hai ki wo (Sharmas) mujhse zyada Anurag se pyaar karte hain.

Aap ahhh. Rest kijiye, so jayiye. I'll… mujhe kuch kaam hai bahar..

Conversation before the Dhunuchi Dance during Durga pooja.

Kya hua? I met Anurag..

'Aapko pata hai mera kurta kaha hai? Mujhe actually unke bare mein koi baat nahi karni hai aur na sunni hai' 

Mr. Bajaj, main janti hu aapne kaha tha ki.. Anurag aur mere beech jo bhi hota hai main aapse uske baare mein baat na karun. Lekin Mr. Bajaj main kya kar sakti hu. Meri zindagi mein sab kuch to Anurag kr ird-gird hai.

'Boliye na Di, kya Mr. Bajaj ko fark padta tha??' (Shivani)

Prerna stopped rocking the chair leaned forward with her hands covering her ears and her eyes were tightly shut, tears rolling down her face. She whispered "Padta tha.. unhe fark padta tha. Par maine kabhi unki taraf se socha hi nahi. Main pyaar karti thi Anurag se aur maine kabhi koi mauka nahi jane diya jab maine unse Anurag ki baat na ki ho, even when he tried to tell me. Unhone kabhi kuch karne se nahi roka bas us sabke bare mein unhe na batane ko kaha, fir bhi maine nahi mana. KYU??"

"Aap kya chahti hain? Ki app jail jayein.. aapko saza mile.. aap suffer karo.."

She got up from her place and replied her own question "exactly you wanted to hurt him, make him feel every second, that he was the reason for your and Anurag's sufferings"

She held the railing bar with all might and looked up at the sky "You wanted him to face the punishment because Anurag ne kaha ki unki galati thi"

Ye jante hue ki Anurag galat hai, phir bhi uske khilaf nahi khadi ho sakti main. Main ye bhi nahi chahti ki koi usey punish kare..

"Aur jab Anurag ki galati samme aayi tab?? Tab peeche hat gayi.. Tum aisi kab ban gayi Prerna Sharma. Baba ne humesha sahi ka sath dena sikhaya tha. Sab bhool gayi, yaad raha to bas pyaar jo aaj kahi hai hi nahi.. Tum kabhi kisi ko hurt karne ke bare mein soch bhi nahi sakti thi, even Mrs. Mohini Basu jo tumhe humiliate karne ka koi mauka nahi chhodti thi, tumne unke liye bhi kabhi aisa nahi socha to fir Mr. Bajaj ke liye kyun. Jo hua uske liye tum khud bhi to responsible thi? Anurag ke sath jo hua wo tumne kiya us proposal ko accept karke, par punish sirf Mr. Bajaj ko karna chahti thi.."

She couldn't bear her weight anymore and dropped on the floor, letting out loud cries. "When did you become this? When?? You didn't spare a child.. usey bhi hurt kiya.. Mr. Bajaj ko saza dilane mein Kukki ko bhi bhool gayi thi tum.. shayad isliye you lost your own baby.."

She laid down on her side with her legs close to her chest, her face resting on her right arm. Tears won't stop falling from her eyes, trembling in her own loud sobs she laid all alone in the balcony of her quiet apartment.

NEXT DAY (SATURDAY)

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

9.30am

"Dadi Masi.. when will he wake up?" Kukki roamed around the house following Masi everywhere. She didn't get a chance to talk to father for the past 2 days. A night before he was not in a condition to talk to her. She knew she couldn't wake him up but not able to talk to him even when he was home, made her a bit restless.

"Kukki, he is tired and medicines bhi liya hai isiliye he is sleeping. He will get better if he sleeps, right? Aap check karke dekho, nahi to thodi der mein hum ayenge unki meds leke tab pakka utha denge. Aur aap kuch kha to lo.." by the time Masi turned, Kukki had already vanished inside her room.

Kukki sat in her bed against the headboard next to his pillow waiting for Rishabh to wake up as he slept without any care in the comfort of Kukki's room. She bent down several times to look at his face just to see if he was up. When he showed no signs of waking up she laid next to him on her side with her hands under her face, staring at her father, who too laid on his side facing her. His left hand under the pillow and the right one on the bed. She patiently waited for him to wake up. Her eyes again travelled to the white tape on the back of his right hand and sadness filled her eyes. 

Gently she moved her index finger and touched it, fearing that she might hurt or wake him up. 

"Hey Sleepy head.." he felt soft fingers move from his hair down to his chin. He immediately held the tender hand and kissed the fingers and kept it over his chest. 

"Time to wake up" a soft whisper close to his ear gave him goosebumps on the arm that held her wrist.

"You got goosebumps" she said, rubbing his arm with her free hand.

"Still you say I don't love you. Can you not see what a mere whisper of yours does to me" he said in a drowsy voice.

"Stop all your sugar coated baatein, this can't buy you more time to sleep. It's 9.30 already.." she placed a long peck over his forehead.

"I am tired.. I drove all the way back from Pune late night just for you. I deserve to sleep a little longer.." he said, still not ready to wake up and leaving her hand he turned away, his back facing her.

"Ohhh really? For me ya for your baby? You promised your baby that you'll be back as soon as you are done" She said, messing up his hair.

"How many times do I say you and baby are not different. You two are the same. Whatever I say, is for both of you. Never met a jealous Mom like you" he got a spat on his shoulder.

"Ouchh. Have some mercy on your tired husband, will you?" he said rubbing the back of his shoulder a little.

"Stop your melodrama and get up. Your princess is giving me a hard time.."

With his eyes still close, he turned back to face her "We don't know yet if we are having a girl or a boy" 

"I know, but Masi says shayad it's a baby girl and almost the entire universe knows by now that you too want a little princess.. so.. I am sure your princess is missing you. She seems a bit restless and needs your attention, wake up" she lifted his right hand and kept it over her 21 weeks pregnant belly.

He felt a little movement under his hand and instantly opened his eyes wide "she kicks"

Rishabh opened his eyes in a quick movement and found Kukki in front of him; Kukki's eyes looking at him with longing waiting for him to wake up. She had kept his right hand over her face. 

"Who kicked?" She asked.

"You.."

"No I did not kick!! I just touched your hand, I promise.." she said with an innocent face, like she did something wrong.

He pulled her closer "You were.." and he kissed her "in my dream.."

"Ohh.. So you were smiling because you saw me in your dream?"

"Mmm hmmm.. someone asked me to wake up because you were waiting for me.." he lovingly brushed his nose with hers.

"Who" Kukki looked at his face expectantly. But before Kukki could notice a change in his expressions, their moment was broken when Masi came inside.

"Kaisa feel kar rahe ho abhi?" She asked Rishabh.

"Better.." he said, turning a bit to look at her.

"Acha hua tum uth gaye, Kukki kab se wait kar rahi hai. Breakfast tak nahi kiya hai" said Masi, as she kept a glass of water and medicines on the side stool while Rishabh gave Kukki  a 'why' look.

"I was waiting for you" said Kukki with a pout.

"Papa isn't hungry yet, and he wants you to go and finish your food NOW.." said Rishabh and she made a sad pout. That's when Mehra's number flashed on his phone. Rishabh asked Kukki to go with Masi for breakfast, as that was an important call. Obeying her father Kukki slipped off her bed and went out with Masi.

He pulled himself up a little and spoke to Mehra. "Yeah Mehra"

Mehra was quick to know his boss wasn't well. "Sir, aap theek hain?"

"A rough day yesterday Mehra that's it. Tell me what's the status of the case and the land approvals from the ministry. We need that land at any cost for Turkey Hills Bangalore expansion plan. Everything is planned, can't lose it at this stage" it didn't take much time for Mr. Bajaj to take over a vulnerable Rishabh. His voice though was weak and strained, had the same seriousness and command as usual.

"I know Sir, but the other party is putting political pressure through connections making it tough. Officials of the department of Land Resources have not signed the approval document yet. We need it before the court hearing at 2pm on Monday. Weekend offices are closed so all we have is time till Monday morning. Agar aap aa sakte to.. Monday ko agar ye approvals court mein nahi phonche to judgement hamare favour mein nahi ayega and repeal karne mein ye bhaut time ke liye atak jayega.." 

"I understand Mehra, but I don't think I can travel. Can we not do it over phone or video conference? Do I need to sign any papers?"

"Sir, phone se bhi ho sakta hai but physical presence makes a difference. I mean main yaha hu but fir bhi wo impact nahi padega.. competitor side owner has been sitting here since 4 days putting pressure"

Aditya had come to see Rishabh but found him busy on a call. Reading Rishabh's face he knew he was in the middle of an important conversation. He sat on the couch in front of him waiting for the call to finish, reading Kukki's story book that laid on the coffee table in front of him.

"Who are you in talks with?" He heard Rishabh.

"Sir, the Reddys.."

"Reddys have had an influence in that constituency for quite a long time. Pehle bhi they had created problems but Ara's family political connections came in handy.." said Rishabh as he rubbed his face a little.

Aditya froze in his spot as he heard her name and Rishabh didn't fail to notice. Aditya put down the book in his hand and got up from his place and stood next to his bed with his arms folded across his chest.

"Shekhran Reddy and clan?" Asked Aditya.

Rishabh still on the call looked up at him and nodded in agreement.

Aditya helped Rishabh sit in a more comfortable position adjusting a pillow behind him; grabbing a small stool asked his slightly worried friend "What about them?"

Rishabh explained the whole situation and Aditya then spoke to Mr. Mehra too.

"You are saying you need someone to be there on behalf of BI?" Aditya questioned Mr. Mehra, passing meds to Rishabh that Masi had left on the side table. Rishabh gulped his meds while he carefully heard the conversation.

"Yes Adi, Ara Mam and your family had great relations with them. Bajaj Sir, can't travel warna to koi problem hi nahi thi. I am sure if you join me for negotiations, it will help" said Mr. Mehra.

"Okay. Let me speak to RB and I'll get back" Aditya disconnected the call and kept the phone on the side table.

"I think Mehra makes sense, you go and get this sorted. Tanvi and you are leaving for Bangalore tomorrow anyway" said Rishabh, keeping the glass back on the table.

"We are not sure if we are going, RB.. We might cancel it" said Aditya, he felt a little unsure.

"Why would you do that? it's important for AMRA and those groups must be waiting for the visit. You can't back out. Puts us in a bad light" said Rishabh, totally surprised by their decision.

"We don't want to leave you and go" said Aditya.

"Look I want you to go tonight, work with Mehra till Monday morning and then carry on with your scheduled visits. It's important and urgent, else I'd have never asked you" said Rishabh.

"But you.. Yaha kuch zaroorat hogi to? I mean you are not well, Masi is all alone"

"I am fine. Masi will be fine too. Waise bhi now I am only giving you 2 choices, either you go or I fly tonight. Decide.. and I could really use some rest over the weekend till this gets clear on Monday" said Rishabh with a finality in his words.

"This is not fair Rishabh.."

"Life isn't fair my friend. Kal ki jagah aaj chale jao, I'll get everything arranged. I will join you all over the Video conference" said Rishabh to convince his friend.

"Tum apni condition dekho, what if.." Aditya protested but Rishabh cut him off.

"I am much much better trust me.."

"Trust YOU? In this matter? Can you not crack a better joke.." said Aditya and sat on the couch in a stare game with his friend.

"In that case I fly tonight" said Rishabh, not ready to lose the silent game they were playing and picked up his phone to call Nidhi, not losing eye contact all this while.

"Ms. Nayak, I need you to book me on a flight to Bangalore tonight.. also a nice comfortable hotel.. and a car" when Aditya didn't seem to be moving he upped his game. "I am a bit unwell so a doctor on call would be great, just in case of an emergency..."

"Okay I'll go.." said Aditya, giving up again, like always.

"Are you sure? I mean I can go." Rishabh was  now testing his patience.

"Shut up and cancel it" said Aditya.

"You promise you'll go?" asked Rishabh.

"Yes, I will.. I promise.. now cancel your bookings.." frustration and helplessness visible in his voice.

Rishabh gave away a winning smirk and that's when his phone rang that he still held next to his ear and Aditya got to know that he was never on a call with Nidhi. 'Uurghh.. I should have known when you said you need a doctor' Aditya threw his head back on the headrest, frustrated for falling for his act.

Rishabh received the call and said "Ms. Nayak, cancel Aditya and Tanvi's Sunday flights and book them for evening flight for Bangalore today and arrange the stay and travel. Keep all three of us posted" Disconnecting the call, he said" See it was easy.." and threw his phone on the bed. 

"That was really mean RB.." said Aditya, still looking up at the ceiling.

"It wasn't, it's called negotiation my friend.. I am good at it. Apne opponent ki weakness humesha pata honi chahiye. I am not named Mr. Negotiator for no reason. Out of all the names I think I like this one. Also I won the game by 1-0" 

Aditya raised his head and looked at him with a sarcastic smile confusing Rishabh a little "Don't you celebrate already Mr. Negotiator. You are not escaping a check up my friend, Rastogi Uncle is on his way. I called him before I came here. I am not leaving before that, Aise hi everyone doesn't call me Mr. Planner.. I am going to put you under watch" Aditya sprawled over the couch, with his hands behind his head. "We are at a tie. Score 1-1" he said winking at sulking Rishabh. 

"Whatever.." is all Rishabh could say, rolling his eyes.

PRERNA's APARTMENT

10.30 am

please ye samajhne ki koshish kijiye ki main bhi ek insaan hu. Aapko hurt dekhta hu to main bhi hurt feel karta hu

'Main chahti hu aap jail jayein..apko saza mile.. aap suffer karein.." 

Prerna, when she woke up had found herself on the floor of the balcony, last nights flashes still messing up her brain. Even the warm sun rays didn't wake up till now. Confused, she looked around and her thoughts were back as she dragged herself to her bed, almost in a trance overwhelmed by her own guilt that had engulfed her again post last night. Shivani and Veena had called but she was in no mood to talk to anyone. 

'Aisa to kabhi tumne Komolika ke liye bhi nahi socha jisne Baba ko.. (tears rolled down from the corner of her eyes remembering her Baba) itna hi sach ka sath dene ka mann tha, ya punish karne ka mann tha to Komolika ko kanoon ke hathon saza dilwati. Par tumne kya kiya? Tum Basu Badi gayi, par apne Baba ko justice dilwane nahi, Anurag ka pyaar pane ke liye.. tumhare liye Baba se bhi zyada zaroori tha Anurag aur tumhara pyaar" She leaned back on the pillow tired of her owm thoughts and missed her Baba, as she couldn't understand, how did she become so insensitive? and since when? 

'Masi Agar koi galat hai to galat hai, main galat ka sath nahi de sakti, phir chahe jo koi bhi ho'

'Sabse galat to Komolika thi, jisne tumhare Baba ko chheena.. You never did anything to put Komolika through the punishment and pain that she deserved, then why did he deserve it, when everything was a mutual arrangement between us? Aur ab tum Menaka ke against soch rahi ho.. jabki fact to ye hai ki Menaka ko us raat rok kar tumne ek baar fir unki problem ka reason bani. When all she did was show care and concern towards a person, who was once her husband, whom she still loves"

"Shayad tum unhi ke liye bura sochti ho jo tumhe respect dete hain, unkr liye nahi jo tumhe hurt karte hain... double standards ki hadd hoti hai Prerna.. aur tum dusro ke actions judge karne chali thi.. yahi sab to Baba ne sikhaya tha na tumhe..'

'No no no.. please stop.. bas I can't take it anymore.. please stop...please' She was exhausted of her own thoughts. She shut her ears and cried her heart out for she doesn't know how long before drifting into sleep.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

2.00PM

Rishabh was still in the bed playing chess with Kukki, while Aditya and Tanvi were on the couch busy discussing their Bangalore trip, Rishabh adding his inputs every now and then, when Masi came with Dr. Rastogi. 

"Tum to aaoge nahi, so I had to.." said Rastogi as he entered the room following Masi.

"Good to see you Uncle" Rishabh gave a look to Aditya, in return Aditya winked at him and gave a "I told you" look.

Rastogi took his place on a stool next to him and asked "How are you doing, young man?"

"Better" said Rishabh and motioned Aditya and Tanvi to take Kukki out and they did. Masi stood by the bedside.

"You didn't have to take the trouble, I am good" said Rishabh.

"We'll know.." after giving a check on his vitals he asked Masi "Shardaji ek cup chai milegi". She nodded out and went out. 

Rastogi got up the stool and said "Sorry" looking at Rishabh with an apologetic look. Before Rishabh could make any sense he gave a slight tap on his abdomen and Rishabh almost curled into a small ball on his side with his knees digging into his chest, because of unbearable pain, his eyes shut real tight. "Maa…" he let out a painful whisper.

Rastogi held him by his shoulder pinning him to the bed, rubbing his back a little, allowing him to recover "had to know, bata ke check karta to pata nahi chalne dete. Jaise bachpan mein apni Mom ko nahi pata chalne dete the when your dad used to.."

"He..HE WAS NOT MY DAD!!!" he said seering in anger, still trembling a little under Rastogi's hand.

"I am sorry, I should not have mentioned about him.." Rastogi sat down continuing his examination "I am sure no one knows about this, do they??" Rishabh was still taking deep breaths, his face all red. 

"Rishabh, you know there is no need to hide anymore. Your Mom is no more with us that you still want to act so strong for her. I've known you since childhood, seen you suffer so you could save her from suffering or her money.. She is no more suffering, no one can hurt her anymore. She is in a better place than she was.." 

Rishabh was quiet all this while, just listening. "It's nothing like that Uncle" is all he said.

Rastogi took a deep sigh and said "Abdominal swelling bhaut zyada hai, I doubt it's your inflamed ulcer not just food poisoning. I can't be sure until I get a look inside. All I need is a few hours of yours.. chalo mere sath"

"I will come by Monday afternoon I promise.. there is a really important matter I need to take care of.. a lot is at stake" 

"But.."

"All I am asking you is a day.. please" said Risbabh.

Rastogi knew there was no point arguing, no one could change once he had made his mind. 'Stubborn boy' he said with a smile. 

"Can I trust your words.." said Rastogi as he prepared an injection.

"I have never lied.."

"But you always hide.." he injected the meds "this should ease your pain" Rastogi said and wrote a prescription.

"I have never broken a promise."

Rastogi's eyes went soft "that I know, a promise almost took your life.. twice.. how can I forget" 

"I never wanted that life. I wish I…" 

"Aage kuch bhi bolne se pehle Kukki ke bare mein soch lena?" said Rastogi, lifting Kukki's picture from the side table. He didn't fail to notice a twinkle in Rishabh's eyes and following his gaze he looked back at the door. Kukki stood there with her most infectious smile, obediently waiting for permission to get in.

Rishabh motioned her to come inside and Kukki came running. "Is he good now?" She asked, finding her spot on the bed.

"He will be. Ab aap chess continue karo, but let him rest.. okay... ye aapki responsibility hai.." said Rastogi and Kukki responded with a smile. 

"I will.. Promise.." she said wrapping her hands around her father's neck.

Rastogi left them and met Masi and Aditya outside. "Get these medicines and please make sure it's followed with a light diet as mentioned here. Please, no carelessness this time.." he looked at Masi. "He said he'd see me on Monday. I'll come by again before heading home tonight"

PRERNA's APARTMENT

3.30 pm

Prerma had woken up but she was too exhaustes to leave her bed. That's when image of him sleeping in the back seat appeared in front of her eyes all of a sudden and she wished to know if he was okay. She wiped her tears and looked around for her phone in her messed up bed and called Tanvi, but she didn't pick up. After her third attempt she decided to leave a message and dropped back on the pillow lost in her thoughts struggling to keep up with her throbbing headache. She needed her tea but she didn't want to wake up and do anything. There was no strength left in her.

-------------------------------------------

SUNDAY

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

3.30 pm

Aditya and Tanvi as planned left for Bangalore last evening. Entire Sunday went by being on call with Aditya and Mehra while they were in a negotiation with Reddy's at their Bunglow. 

Rishabh and Aditya hoped that things should work out in their favour but they couldn't take a chance.

5.30 PM

"What do you think?" asked Rishabh, sitting in his study armchair.

"We need a plan B handy, RB. I am hopeful, but they are politicians for a reason" replied Aditya from the other end.

"I agree.. ask Mehra to send me details I asked for and take me over a video conference tomorrow" said Rishabh as he slowly leaned ahead to reach to his laptop.

"I will.. just text me the plan tonight. Let's get this done just…" 

"Just like old times.." said Rishabh completing his sentence, with a smirk on his face.

"You take care.. I'll talk to you tonight.." said Aditya and Rishabh sank back into the chair. He dialled again "Ms. Nayak, connect me to our contact at Anti Corruption Bureau Now"

MONDAY

BI/AMRA HQ

9.00 AM

Prerna had reached early as usual and she was eagerly waiting to meet Rishabh once after two days. Though Tanvi had messaged that he was fine, she wanted to see for herself. She couldn't even talk to him in Pune because of Aditya's and Menaka's presence, especially Menaka. 

She was checking her emails when she got a call from Aditya. Before even she could greet, he spoke from the other and he sounded like he was in some kind of a hurry.

"Prerna, leave all your work and be with RB today. He should be there by 9.30 for a meeting. Just make sure he leaves as soon the meeting is over.  I have informed Nidhi too, but he seems to listen to you. Can you do this for me?" said Aditya and she heard him talk to Mr. Mehra.

"Aditya.. all okay??" she asked, as worry took over her.

"Yeah.. just do as I say. Tanvi and I have to leave for a visit in the outskirts tonight, waha communication issues ho sakte hain. That's why we want to make sure RB is fine, else we return tomorrow morning. So just do me this favour please.."

"Sure.. don't worry.." the call was disconnected from the other end, even before she could finish. She quickly dialled the reception and asked them to inform her as soon as Rishabh was in the office. She got ready with her laptop and some papers so she could work from his cabin.

9.45 am

Rishabh's Cabin

When she didn't hear from the reception at 9.30 she took her stuff and went to his office instead. She sat on a couch outside his cabin and worked on her laptop waiting for him but her mind was focused on the lifts that she could see from where she sat. 

At 9.55 he finally made his presence and she could not stop reading him. First thing she noticed was his walk, it was slower than usual, but it could easily go unnoticed. As he moved closer, busy talking with Nidhi, she couldn't take her eyes off his face; his pale skin, tired and puffy eyes gave away a lot more than he would have wanted to. 

"Ms. Sharma.." she heard a female voice and Nidhi was in front of her. "You wanted to meet him, he is here now. You can go inside" said Nidhi with a smile and left.

Prerna looked through the glass doors, he removed his jacket and put it behind the chair, before he took his seat. Prerna took quick steps and entered the cabin. 

"Come in Ms. Sharma" she heard him and his voice was low. 

"How are you feeling Mr. Bajaj" she asked.

"I am good, you don't look too good, all okay?" He said, noticing her red and tired eyes, after crying for almost 2 days. He motioned her to take a seat.

"I am fine…" she said.

"Mr. Bajaj I wanted your help with.." she failed to finish her sentence as he cut her in middle.

"Can this not wait for a day?" he asked, looking for something on his table. She couldn't bear this sight of him being so sluggish and drained. 'Why can't he just see his doctor now' she thought.

'I should not have stopped Menaka that night' she thought. All her thoughts when she had knowingly or unknowingly hurt him came back to haunt her. "I am sorry Mr. Bajaj for everything." she blurted in a faint voice.

"Excuse me!" she heard his voice.

"Umm I am sorry Mr. Bajaj, but I can't wait for a day. It's urgent." she said it before she knew it.

Rishabh knew something was wrong with her as she was acting weird so he just agreed "what is it?"

"Could you check these figures for me. I feel something is missing." She said, turning her laptop towards him. 

"You are adding wrong columns Ms. Sharma" he said, giving it one quick look and turned the laptop towards her.

"Ohh.. thank you"

"Anything else? I have a meeting in the next 30 minutes, sooo" he asked.

'Stay with him and make sure he leaves on time' she recalled Aditya's call.

"Umm Mr. Bajaj, is it okay if I stay here till I fix this sheet. I'll sit quietly in the corner (she pointed at the couch) I will not disturb your meeting.. please" she finished in a hesitant tone.

Prerna was expecting a bit of resistance from him but he just agreed. She took her place on the couch and texted Aditya.

She sat back in the corner pretending to be working on the spreadsheet, but she only knew what she was doing. Rishabh did come to see if she needed help.

Everything was working her way. Rishabh had gone inside his room and when he didn't come out for a good 10 minutes she got a little worried. She was about to go and check when the door clicked open.

As he came out she noticed something she wasn't expecting. She saw him turn into the most fearless and feared person like he was projected in the world outside. His body language was so commanding like he was ready to conquer anything and everything that came his way. His eyes, so sharp that could bore into the other person and bring out all their secrets. Smirk on his face as he sat in the chair in his signature posture. He was on his phone talking to someone when he came out. Prerna only got out of her trance when the room echoed with some conversation she heard on the laptop speakers.

She failed to believe that he is the same person who looked a bit fragile a while back. Her chain of thoughts broke when she heard a familiar voice from the other side.

"I thought our families have known each other for so long and more importantly BI has all the required certifications, so never thought it was going to be a problem. But it seems you want to make it a bit hard on both of us, especially you.. then let's do it the hard way.." she heard Aditya voice, that meant business.

'He never sounded this serious' she thought. She had always seen Aditya as a sweet and caring man, but there was something different about him today. There was something different about everything, even the cabin felt and sounded different within moments.

Rishabh was silently hearing the conversation like he was finding his prey to attack. That's when she saw Rishabh got up from his chair buttoning up his jacket, he stood behind his chair with an intimidating smile. "Mr. Reddy, I don't think this conversation is going in any direction so let's just cut the crap and get to the real deal" 

'Real deal! Is he going to offer bribe' she thought.

"This is not our first encounter but you don't seem to be making it easy on us even after following all the legalities" he said and waited for a response, like he was reading the faces on the other side.

"We are following the rules Mr. Bajaj.. don't think we have any personal interest in it.." said a man, who probably was older thought Prerna.

"Rules.. I am sure. Coming to the rules and procedures, Mr. Reddy. If I may take you a little back in time. Just last year, september 2019, 7th september 2019 to be specific Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) received a letter from the commissioner of Settlement and Land Record department (SLRD) against three Revenue Department Officers for causing huge losses to the government, by declaring a huge land under government holding as private land (he sat on his chair) Have you heard of it Mr. Reddy.." he leaned back and stared straight into the laptop screen.

"Ye. Yes.. I have.." Prerna could only imagine a person intimidated to a level that he could barely form a proper sentence. Like he was caught off guard. 'I am sure he has got to do something with it' she thought and focused back on the conversation.

"Good. I knew you are a well read person" said Rishabh in a sarcastic tone. Prerna couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Then you must have also heard that two of the accused officers have close relations with you. One I think is your beloved son in Law and the other one even better happens to be your son, gracing us all with his presence in his meeting today" his eyes shifted to the right side of the screen.

"It was never proved. There was no evidence, so the case was closed. I was framed" Prerna understood that it was Reddy's son probably sweating as he spoke in a shaky voice.

'Ohh no Mr. Reddy Junior, you are caught. You already sound so guilty' thought Prerna, shaking her head.

"You are right, they said there was a fire in the record rooms of ACB. But do you think all the files actually got burnt? What if one with duplicate copies of all 8 crucial letters and proofs sent by the SLRD and the villagers whose land was snatched survived the fire" He moved forward and picked up a red old and dusty file, with a white string tied around it. 

It looked like it was removed from some dark and dusty government office. Who else could use a stone age file was her reason. Prerna noticed how that file was a little burnt from the back side, like it did escape a fire. 'He has access to Anti Corruptiom Bureau too?' She thought.

Prerna was enjoying whatever she was listening to and the sight of Mr. Bajaj in his true form just gave her adrenaline rush. She heard an older voice of Senior Reddy "I don't think that's true and even if it did survive, you can't have access to it Mr. Bajaj. Those are secret files"

Rishabh dropped the file on the table and chuckled. 

'He had access to everything even in Switzerland Mr. Reddy. Don't take him so lightly' Prerna thought and smiled looking at him, but he was busy staring at his screen making his presence felt miles away. For some reason she even felt proud to have known him. Prerna was now curious to know his next step. 

"Mr. Reddy, I'd have agreed with you, if were talking about a small scale organisation. This is BI we are talking about, with multinational presence, aap khud politics mein hai, aapko lagta hai bina contacts ke ye sab possible hai?" Said Aditya.

'He has a point. Good Job Aditya..." she  mentally cheered for him.

Rishabh sat on the chair and opened the file to read a few names from the papers one by one. Names of officers and Villagers who had sent proofs against them.

There was a silence and Prerna could only imagine tense faces on the other side.

"Mr. Reddy, my lawyer Mr. Mehra is right there next to you. He will be at the court today sharp at 2.00 pm irrespective of what happens now. If we get the approvals which we deserve, he submits it to the court and we move on. If not, he still goes to the court but to file a PIL to reopen the case. And with this evidence it will be a quick one, I can assure of that. Right Mehra (Mr. Mehra just smiled to register his agreement)" said Rishabh and leaned back in his chair. 

There was a silence, making Prerna a little anxious to know what happens next. But her eyes went soft when she looked at him. He sat the way she had found him at the hotel couch, barely holding himself. For sometime she too had forgotten he was still sick. She wanted to reach out to him but she couldn't in the middle of the call.

He got up and paced around a little as he spoke "Mr. Reddy I don't really have all day. Please let me know RIGHT NOW. I too have a tight schedule" She could hear a hint of frustration and pain in his voice as he stood facing away from camera taking his pills.

"Randhawa, sign the papers" an angry voice from the other end broke the silence. Rishabh pressed a button and he was off camera now but his focus was still on the laptop screen, as he could see the other side. He wanted to make sure everything was done before he left for his appointment. As soon as the papers were signed he took a sigh of relief and dropped in his chair, discarding the veil of Mr. Bajaj. Prerna looked at him with worry and reached out for him.

"Are you okay, Mr. Bajaj" she asked, sitting on her knees next to his chair. He tilted his head and assured her. "You should leave now.." she said.

"Yeah.." loosening his tie a bit he looked at Prerna and said "You can pass on the information to your boss now. Ask him to appoint a better person for spying on me next time."

Prerna's face turned red and she looked at him with wide questioning eyes as she got on her feet. "I don't understand what.." Prerna tried to make a save.

"Didn't he send you here?" He asked, shutting his laptop down.

She looked down like a kid was caught cheating and in a low voice she asked "how did you.."

"Ms. Sharma you are here since morning and forget you, I have never seen even Kukke make such silly errors. Even now you are updating the wrong file. You need to put up a better act, if you don't want to get caught" he said, pointing at the spreadsheet opened on her laptop on the coffee table. She was at loss for words because he was right.

"A little piece of advice Ms. Sharma. No matter what, you should always stay focused on the task, nothing else should distract you. More importantly never let your distraction show on your face ever" he said.

He got a call from Aditya and turned his chair to talk. Prerna's gaze fell on the red file and out of curiosity she opened it. She turned through the pages to see what kind of evidence was there against the Reddy's. With a confused look she kept turning the pages and heard his voice.

"Those are discarded pages Ms. Sharma, just ask someone to put them back in the recycle room, please" he said.

Prerna stood there with her mouth agape as this made no sense to her. She was expecting to see some top secret documents. 

Rishabh got up from his place to leave the cabin still on call with Aditya. She quickly picked up her laptop along with the red file and followed him to her workstation at the ground floor. Hearing a one sided conversation.

Rishabh congratulated Nidhi for doing a good job at recreating a half burnt govt file. 

"She created it" Prerna couldn't believe it was all planned.

"Ohh their faces gave away Adi.. I wasn't sure in the beginning but Junior Reddy was easy to catch… I know the documents got burnt but a source got us this info on all the names. So information was right, but proofs were not there. It worked, good work done.. poor Mehra had no idea, but he went along.. it was fun. Yeah I am leaving, talk later" he said stepping out of the lift walking towards the exit doors. She kept following him till they were next to his car. Rishabh was about to get inside but stopped hearing her.

"Mr. Bajaj. (He looked back at her). You said I should stay focused on the task in hand (he looked at her quizzically, holding the door) I was focused on the task given to me by my boss, so much that even my errors didn't distract me. I think I did a pretty good job at it.. didn't I?

Rishabh turned away and a little smile appeared at the corner of his lips. "Good Day Ms. Sharma" he said and left.

"Please get well soon, Mr. Bajaj.." murmured Prerna looking at his movin car. She had a little smile on her face and before she realised her hand was waving in his direction. She twitched her brows in confusion and retracted her hand that very moment.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

4.30 PM

Kukki was home with Masi working on her project she was given about family. Both Masi and Kukki sat on the floor around the coffee table in her room with lots of pictures, a scrapbook and stationery scattered around on the floor. Kukki was pasting a picture of hers and Rishabh when she asked Masi who was busy cutting another one for Kukki to paste next.

"Dadi Masi.." asked Kukki, looking at all the pictures she just pasted.

"Hmmm" Masi responded without looking at her.

"We don't have my Mom's picture? How did she look?" asked Kukki and Masi stopped immediately and there was silence for a moment.

Kukki got up from her place with her scrapbook and made herself comfortable in Masi's lap. Wrapping Masi's hands around herself and she asked with sadness written all over her face "Humare pase Mamma-Papa dono kyun nahi hai, Dadi Masi?". She looked at her pictures only with her father.

Masi took a deep breath, not sure how to answer her question because Kukki's reaction was not unknown to her. She held her tightly and said, "Sabke pass Mama-Papa nahi hote hain Kukke. Kabhi kabhi Mama ya Papa mein se koi humse dur ho jate hai, sometimes dono hi nahi hote. Tanvi ke pass bhi to bas Mamma hai.. aur aapke Papa jab chhote the, unke pass bhi to bas Mamma thi"

Kukki was quietly listening trying to process the information.

"Tanvi aunt ki Mom aap hain, to Papa ki Mamma kaha hai?" she asked.

"Jab Aapke papa 12 years ke they tab unki Mamma unse dur chali gayi thi. Unke pass Mama-Papa dono hi nahi the"

"Wo akele the?" Kukki looked at the pictures.

"Haan.. but humare sath rehte the aapke Papa tab. Aapki grandmom aur hum neighbors the. Agar aapki grandma yaha hoti to aapke sath bhaut fun karti. She was very nice, you know.."

"Where did she go?"

"She didn't go away baby, she used to work very hard and that made her very sick. (She paused) She became a star"

"You mean she died, and will never come back to Papa? Like movies mein hota hai?"  asked Kukki.

"Something like that beta. Ab ye sab chhodo, let's finish your project" said Masi and kissed the crown of her hair. 

Kukki was quiet for a while before she got up in a quick motion. She picked up her bag, emptying it completely on the floor she ran out from her room. Before Masi understood what she was upto, Kukki came back and pulled her hand. She had her bag on her shoulders and was ready with her shoes on. "Dadi Masi, take me to Papa now!!! Please.." Kukki's voice almost broke as she spoke.

"Papa doctor ke pass hain beta, aane wale hain thodi der mein"

"No.. take me now" she picked up the phone from the table and gave it to Masi "Call the driver now.."

Masi called Rishabh to inform him. Rishabh was resting post his scan, waiting for the next test when a nurse gave him his phone. He received the call and as soon he knew about Kukki he asked for his belongings. "Masi don't get her here" he said and  asked Masi to reach the office as he was not too far from there.

Masi couldn't understand but she gave up to Kukki's pleading eyes and called the driver. As they sat in the car, Kukki was all quiet with red eyes and impatiently looked out, fiddling with the strap of her bag.

BI HQ

5.15 PM

As soon as the car stopped outside the office building Kukki didn't wait for Masi, she stepped out of the car and quickly ran inside the glass doors of Bajaj Infragiant. Kukki rushed towards the lifts to her dad's office, while Masi struggled to keep up with the little girl, who was worried for some reason unknown to her. 

Prerna, who was on her way to the 20th floor, saw Kukki frantically pushing lift buttons. It didn't take much time for her to realise that something was not right with her girl. 

"Kukki.." said Prerna, from behind walking towards her.

Kukki ran into Prerna and hugged her legs tightly. 

"Prerna Mum…." 

Prerna tried to loosen her grip around her legs so she could get down and take her little girl in her arms, but she held her tightly. 

"Kukki, baby what's wrong?" Somehow she managed to get down and hugged Kukki. Prerna rubbed her back and asked "aap theek ho Kukki? Kya hua aapko, batao Prerna ko?"

Prerna looked at Masi, who came running catching up her breath. 

"Masi.." Prerna whispered.

Masi's nod was enough for her to realise that she wasn't aware.

Kukki heard the sound of the lift and said "Papa.."

Prerna took her in her arms and all three rushed to the lift. Prerna took her to Rishabh's private suite and sat on the couch, Kukki still hugging her tightly. Masi was in the cabin outside and inquired Nidhi about Rishabh.

"Mam.. Bajaj Sir, is on his way. He'd be here anytime" said Nidhi, she could not understand anything but it was clear Kukki was in a little distress.

Kukki didn't leave Prerna and neither did she say anything other than asking if her father had reached.

In the next 10 minutes Rishabh entered the cabin, worried "Masi.. what happened to Kukki?" 

Kukki heard his voice from inside the room and she left Prerna to run out of the room. Prerna followed her.

"Papaa.." she rushed and banged into him with quite a force, breaking into tears, for the first time since she left home.

"Kukki.. what's wrong baby" he picked her up and holding her in a protective embrace against him he went inside the room followed by Masi and Prerna.

Kukki won't leave him, her hands around his neck in an uncomfortably tight grip. He just cradled her, "Kukki, baby say something. Papa is very worried now.. please say something Princess" He kissed on her arm wrapped around him.

Prerna looked at them with teary eyes, she couldn't bear her daughter in so much distress and Rishabh wasn't doing any better.

"Please don't leave me?" Kukki finally spoke in a muffled voice.

"Baby.." 

She cried. "Please don't leave me like your Mamma did.. Dadi Masi said, she worked so much.. jaise aap karte hain. She was so sick, jaise aap sick hote ho.. you don't leave me and become a star like your Mom, please.."

No one in the room could believe their ears. Rishabh was baffled and he looked at Masi to see if she could help him understand what happened before his arrival, that led to this.

Masi covered her face and sat down on the couch, tears falling down her face. 

Prerna sat next to her and asked, "kya baat hai Masi?" 

"I am so sorry Rishabh, sab hamari mistake hai. Kukki ke school assignment ke liye help karte karte baat uski aur phir tumhari Mom ki baat nikali aur… humne socha nahi is sense mein le sakti hai in sab baaton ko.. kaise itni badi mistake ho gai hamse..." Prerna hugged Masi to calm her down.

Rishabh sighed and took a deep breath before he spoke again. His focus was to talk to Kukki. He sat on the edge of the bed with Kukki  still in his arms, clinging to him as tight as she could.

"Kukki.. baby look at Papa once, please" Rishabh tried to break the hug, but she wasn't ready yet. 

"Baby, Papa is right here with you and he isn't going anywhere. Aapko chhodke kaha jayenge aap socho. Stop crying please, it hurts papa so much when you cry. You know, right?.." 

Kukki's grip around him slowly loosened a bit, Rishabh knew she was ready to talk. He broke the hug and his heart sank looking at her red and teary face. He wiped her face, kissed her. 

"Nobody is going anywhere okay? Stop crying.." he said.

Kukki said nothing, and just lowered her head on his chest like she always did. She wasn't crying anymore.

After a long moment of silence she lifted her head and slipped off his lap. Rishabh patiently looked at her as she pulled her bag off her shoulders. She opened the bag and emptied it on the bed. All his medicines she had collected from his room fell off her bag. She took them all in her hands and gave it to her dad, who still sat on the bed closely observing her.

"You finish them all and get better, Papa. Don't go away like grand mom PLEASE. I need you,.." Rishabh's heart broke several times as he looked at her and engulfed her in his embrace.

"Baby Papa is fine.. wo grandmom ke jaise kahi bhi nahi jayenge.."

"GraMa left you, Mom left me, Prerna Mamma will also leave me.. you please don't go.. koi aur nahi chahiye.. just you" she was mumbling with her face hidden in the crook of his neck.

Tears fell off Prerna's eyes as she looked at Kukki who was so worried. She had always seen her as a happy child and it was hard for her to believe that she could be that insecure about her father leaving her, that everyone left her including her Prerna Mamma. She couldn't have imagined what a 5 year old would go when she left her after 3 months. Kukki always loved her unconditionally as her Mom and Prerna could not deny that. 'I have done this to her.. I damaged a little child' she thought sitting on the couch looking at Kukke.

"Papa aapko nahi chhodke jayenge. You trust papa, right?"

Kukki sniffed and wiped her nose and reluctantly nodded in an agreement.

"And he will finish all these medicines, promise"

"Papa promise?" said Kukki, wiping her fresh tears.

"Yeah Papa promise… because.."

"Bajajs don't break promises.." both of them said it together and Kukki smiled for the first time. This brought a smile on the rest of the three faces in the room. However, deep inside Rishabh was a bit worried at the extreme reaction by Kukki. Her reactions were only getting severe with time and he wasn't expecting anything like this, not even in his dreams. Only ray of hope he had was that she was open with her feelings with him.

He looked at his watch and said "you know what Kukki? Papa has an idea" 

"Juhu beachhh???" Said Kukke and her face brightened with joy, relieving everyone.

"That's my smart girl.. but before that I want you to use the restroom and wash your face. Tab tak Papa ko Masi se baat karni hai?" Kukki kissed him with a smile and went away to use the restroom.

"I am sorry Rishabh.. please hamein maaf.." Masi apologised and sat by his side.

Rishabh hugged her from side and asked her to relax. "Masi, It's okay, aapne kuch galat nahi kiya hai. Aapko nahi pata tha wo kaise react karegi. I don't have many pleasant things from my past and Kukki is too young for all of it, thodi badi ho jayegi I'll tell her everything." Rishabh broke the hug and looked at Masi, "Next time if she asks any such questions or about her Mom, tell her to talk to me, I'll handle it. Okay? Ab aao royiye mat please, aap ghar jake rest kijiye. I'll see you at home…" 

"Tum Rastogiji se mile? What did he say?" asked Masi, looking tensed.

"Wahin par tha when you called. And I came back. I'll go again, tomorrow.. I am good, aap tension mat lijiye"

"Jaldi ghar ana" said Masi.

Kukki came out of the rest room and said, "I am ready"

Rishabh took her into his arms and wiped off remaining water drops of her face and hair with his handkerchief and said, "Now you look ready. Let's go.." They both walked out of the room leaving Masi and Prerna behind.

Masi looked at Prerna finally, who was lost in her thoughts not able to cope up with what she just witnessed. "Hum jante the tum Mumbai aayi ho, but pata nahi tha aise mulaqat hogi. Prerna, thank you tumne Kukki ko Rishabh ke ane tak sambhala. Ab hum chalte hain. Tum bhi khayal rakho apna. Milke accha laga" 

"Mujhe bhi Masi.. main neeche tak aati hu"

Prerna picked up her files and slowly walked out following Masi.

"Kukki tumhe bhaut miss karti thi.. sote huye bhaut baar tumhara naam leti thi aur apne tutor se bhi sab share karti thi. Tum yaha ho to khush hai wo.." said Masi walking out of the exit doors.

"Main bhi bhaut khush hu usse milke Masi. But Kukki aise kaise.." asked Prerna hesitantly.

"Kabhi kabhi hum bade bhaut kuch aisa kar jate hain jinka bacchon pr kya asar padta hai hum ye soch nahi pate. Humari bacchi ne Mom kya hoti hai wo sabse pehle tumhare sath feel kiya. Pyaar karti thi wo tumhe, par tumhari priority humesha se hi kahi aur thi aur hum samajh sakte hain.. Ilzam nahi laga rahe but aise hi kisi bacchi ko koi Mom chhod de to kaise na usey dar lage ki sab kuch usse alag ho jayega. Humne sune hain uske sawal ki kahi uski wajah se to uski Mom chhod ke nahi chali gayi? Apne Papa ki health ka zimmedar bhi khud ko samajhne lagi hai wo bacchi jo mushkil se 6 saal ki bhi nahi hai.. dekhe hain uske drawings jinme tumhare bina uski family complete hi nahi hoti.. aur aaj usey dar hai ki uski Mom ki tarah uske dad bhi usse dur chale jayenge..Humari baat ka bura laga ho to hum mafi mangte hai but tumhare sawal ka yahi jawab hai humare pass.. par hum Khush hain ki tum apni life mein khush ho Perna, in fact hum sab khush hai tumhare liye, Kukki bhi.. jo tum chahti thi wo tumhe mil gaya.. humari wishes tumhare sath hai. Bas is baar wo phir se hurt na ho ye khayal rakhna, itni request hai. Abhi hum chalte hain" said Masi and stepped inside her car.

As soon as Masi left, Prerna stood there stunned, slapped by harsh reality. She dragged herself inside the office and quickly wrapped up her work and rushed out to hire a cab for Juhu beach. 'I have to get to her, undo the damage I have done. Prerna Mamma is not going to leave you this time baby..she is not going to leave you.' her thoughts were all over the place as she looked for a cab for Juhu beach.

JUHU BEACH

6.30 pm

As usual Rishabh and Kukki sat on a mat away from the little weekday chaos. Kukki sat in the protective embrace of her father, feeding him ice cream occasionally. 

7.00 pm

Prerna was roaming around the beach looking for Kukki-Rishabh. She knew they usually occupied a secluded spot away from the crowd, saving her from pain of looking through the crowd.

"You will not leave me like Gra'ma left you, right?" Kukki had asked this question so many times on their way to the beach and each time he'd respond with a smile. 

He got her closer and rested his chin over her head, both looking towards the sea. "No baby..Papa loves you the most" he said to her in a soft voice.

They had no idea Prerna had found the two and quietly, without making her presence felt, she sat behind them on the sand.

"Gra'Ma didn't love you much?" she asked.

"She loved me the most.. like I do.." he said, planting a kiss over her hair.

"Then why did she leave you, Papa?" she turned her head and looked at her father's face.

Rishabh gave her a weak smile and kissed her hand "Gra'ma was very sick baby.. She worked very hard so she could buy food, pay for our house, send me to school.."

"Like you.." she asked.

"Mmm.. yeah like me I guess. but Gra'ma didn't have a lot of money like us, so she had to do a lot more difficult work.."

"How did she become a star?" she asked and looked ahead at the waves.

Kukki couldn't see his face but his face was a mirror of his inner self, remembering his mother. Gathering his thoughts together he said, "Like I said Gra'Ma worked a lot… that made her very sick.."

"Like you.." she said again.

Rishabh smiled weakly and kissed her, "No Kukki, Papa ko to bas thoda stomach pain hai.. but she was very very sick. Papa ke pass to doctors hain, medicines hai but Gra'Ma had no money to see a doctor or buy medicines.."

"Why didn't you give her money, we have money, right?" She asked.

Kukki's question left him speechless, sending back in time when he tried to earn some money but that act of his made her so furious that she raised her hand at him for the first time in life and that was her last time too. She made him promise to never do it again, because she wanted him to focus on his studies. He didn't have a clue that while she was taking care of everything with a smile on her face, she was battling to survive every single day, until one final day when she couldn't continue anymore.

While Rishabh was lost in his thoughts, Kukki was patiently waiting for his reply.

"Because Papa was a small boy and he did not have money then. Jaise aapke pass koi money nahi hai kyunki aap bhi to chhote ho na.." said Prerna, her voice from behind taking them both by surprise.

"Prerna Mamma.." Kukki got all excited and reaching her she hugged her. Prerna looked at Rishabh and gave him a small assuring smile that it was okay. 

Prerna looked back at Kukki and asked "Agar Papa ko money ki zarurat hogi to kya aap de paagoe?" 

Kukki was quick to nod her head in denial.

"Same waise Papa bhi unki Mamma ko money nahi de sakte the. (She kissed Kukki) Aapko aaj sand house nahi banana hai" she asked Kukki in an effort to divert her attention. 

"We will make a better one this time" said Kukki, with a huge smile on her face as soon as she remembered her last sand house she made with both her parents.

"Of course! Aap ek achi se jagah find karke start karo and Mamma will join you soon.." said Prerna.

"And Papa.." asked Kukki.

"Papa will join you too.. aap start to karo." Said Prerna and she got up to sit next to him, still maintaining enough distance between the two.

She raised her hand to keep it over his shoulder but she retracted and simply asked "aap theek hain?"

He tilted his head and asked "Aap yahan?"

"I was worried about how Kukki reacted back at the office. Jab maine suna aap yahan aa rahein hain to.. I could not stop myself. I am sorry but.."

"It's okay Ms. Sharma.. you don't have to apologise. Rather thank you for diverting her mind.. I didn't know how to answer her question- Why did I not help my Mom?" he said without looking at her.

Prerna smiled and said "Aapka mind divert karne ke liye ek baat kahu?" 

"Kahiye.."

"You are gifted with an amazing voice. You sing very well, Kukki ke liye ek song play kar dijiyega she will be all happy.." she said, and looked at him expectantly.

"How do you…" Rishabh looked at her with a questioning glance, exactly how she had expected. 

Prerna looked back and pointed at a 7 storey building behind them, the hotel where she had stayed for 2 weeks when she had visited Mumbai last time and Rishabh had booked a suite for Kukki right above her room.

Pointing at the top floor she said "Us hotel ke top floor par aap Kukki ko lekar aaye the na.. aur apne uske liye song play kiya tha that too with a guitar.."

"Aapko kaise pata?" He turned to face her as he was too intrigued by now.

Ignoring his questions and curious gaze she continued "Aapke floor ke neeche wale guest ne aapki complaint bhi ki thi because you played loud music.. wo bhi raat ke 9.30 baje. Am I right"

"You are right. But ye sab aapko.. Kukki ne aapko ye sab bataya?" He was looking at her curiously, waiting for her answer.

Prerna pressed her lips to suppress her smile as his eyes searched her face for an answer and reached for her bag. She took out two pieces of papers and extended her hand in his direction. 

Quizzically he looked at the small notes and he knew, those were his apology and thank you notes for the guest who had complained. He wanted to say something but he just shook his head trying to grasp it "That guest.. was that you..??"

"Yes" she said with a wide smile on her face. "I was the one who complained about you at the reception because I thought some honeymoon couple had booked that suite and they planned to play music all night and disturb my sleep. But when I received the note I knew it wasn't a couple. Par tab mujhe ye nahi pata tha ki wo aap dono the. Wo mujhe tab pata chala jab maine wo gift boxes Vikhroli school mein dekhe jo aapne pack kawake hotel reception pr rakwaye the. Aur baad mein school teachers se pata chala ki aap dono hi school aaye the"

"You were at school too??" he asked.

"I reached a few seconds after you left.. Aditya and I visited it several times to work on the initial research and surveys"

"This is too much for coincidence" he said, and gave all the notes back to her.

Keeping those notes back in her bag she said, "I wanted to see Kukki in that dress, but I missed it at the hotel as well as the school. Did she like it?"

"She loved it. She wore it the entire day. Wait I'll show you. (He showed her picture on his phone) And now she has kept it away for some special occasion" he said.

"She looks more beautiful than I had imagined…" said Prerna.

They both looked at Kukki, who was relentlessly cleaning a site for her sand house, throwing the garbage in the nearby bin.

"I have never seen Kukki like this.. her reaction today was extreme.." said Prerna, and expressions changed on both their faces.

"I know.. she has her own insecurities. She gets too attached with people she loves. I don't know if this is a recent development or she has always been like this. May be she conveys her feelings better now than before or I just failed to notice all this while.. but the day we got to the hotel, I had a chat with her school counsellor and that was the biggest shock of my life"

"Aur isiliye aap Kukki ko office bhi le jane lage so she could spend time with you.. right? Aditya ne bataya tha.." she added.

"Hmmm.. I couldn't find a better way.."

"Waise I checked online while I was in the cab, this behaviour is not unusual for kids her age.. but it is sensitive enough to be dealt with utmost care" said Prerna.

"That I don't know, all I know is my daughter deserves to be happy. This is the reason I asked you to keep your interactions with her balanced enough that she can easily handle when you leave.."

Prerna felt a pang in her heart. 

"Kya aap Kukki ko dekhke bata sakti hain kuch der pehle she was… isliye I said all that I said to you that evening at the beach, not because I was conspiring against you like you accused me post board meeting" he looked at her with seriousness but she face palmed and her lips curled into an embarrassing smile.

"Mr. Bajaj I am really sorry for that day.. I am really very sorry.."

There was a silence but Prerna wanted to talk, she felt at peace in that moment after her constant battles with herself. There was something calming in that moment.

"Aaj subah jo aapki meeting thi.. I was super impressed Mr. Bajaj. I mean those people were unfair for not giving the approval. But what you and Aditya did was out of the world. Especially the tactic of the red file.. that was awesome. I was cheering for you two. It felt like I was watching a movie with so much drama and suspense or a match. I was actually expecting some top secret documents in that file" shw grinned remembering what she had found in that file.

"You have to think of such moves to keep floating above the competition Ms. Sharma. Nobody makes things easy for anyone in business.." 

"Such politicians should be exposed on the front page of the newspaper headlines" anger evident in her tone.

He chuckled "I don't know about them but I can already tell you a headline you'll read the day after tomorrow"

"Ruthless Bajaj the owner of Bajaj Infragiant, pressurised Political lobby to grab a prestigious land deal in Bangalore?"

"Something like this but more creative and mind the question mark at the end so it's open to interpretations, speculations, accusations and no one can question them.. by evening there will be debates passing a verdict..all because of that little question mark at the end" Prerna didn't fail to notice that hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Mr. Bajaj…"

He checked time on his watch and asked her, "Anyway Aapko ghar nahi jana hai? It's really late.."

"I would like to stay here if you are okay with it.. I'd rather help Kukki with her sand house than go back to that alone apartment. It's nice but there is no one.."

"Ms. Sharma, I see you spend a lot of your time at work. When do you get to spend time with your family?"

"I video call them every night before going to sleep" she said making circles on the sand. 

"By the way it's nice to see how your family has become so supportive of your decision to work that too so far from them"

"They were always supportive of me.. bas maine hi unhe theek se nahi samjha.." said Prerna.

"Maybe.. Why don't you ask them to shift, I mean how long will you manage like this?" He asked.

"I don't think they'd like to move here. They feel they are better off back in Calcutta"

"I can understand but don't you think your child is too young to live without a mother? I am so sorry, you take so much care of Kukki, but I didn't even ask.. what's your daughter's name? You have a daughter too right? I think I remember that from your note" 

Prerna had stopped any movement in her body, like she was paralysed. Her eyes staring at her still hand yet to complete the last circle she was making on the sand. She tried her best to control her tears and the torment that was rising inside thinking about her child that she had no idea was a boy or a girl. 

She was almost shivering now and this didn't go unnoticed by Rishabh when he looked at her as she didn't speak anything. 

"Ms. Sharma.. are you.. are you okay?" He asked, trying his best he could, without touching her.

Prerna sat there like she couldn't hear anything. Her shivers only increased. 

As he spoke in a slightly loud voice, she slowly lifted her eyes to look at him and tears fell off her eyes. Rishabh couldn't understand what happened, just a few minutes back she was discussing about Kukki and family and now she was crying. 

He wanted to reach out and wipe her tears but he knew he couldn't. She always despised his touch and he didn't want to do anything that would make things worse for her.

"Ms. Sharma will you please tell me what's wrong? Aap ro kyu rahi hai achanak. Is it about something I said? I just asked about your family and child. Aap aise kyu react kar rahi hain?"

She stared in his eyes and gave away a painful chuckle, as more tears rolled down her face. "Family? Child?" Each word she said was dipped in excruciating pain visible on her face. "Aap bhaut ache businessman hai na Mr. Bajaj. Everyone says you are the smartest, the best, aap bina kahe sab samajh jate hain, jaise aap Reddys ko dekh kar samajh gaye the they are involved in a land scam... main itne dino se aapke samne hu, par aap aajtak ye nahi samajh paye ki…"

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

Ok please don't mind my saying this but reply to all these comments later on. Sunn_Shine needs to update so that I can read the it before the assessment 😊 Please🤗

Done! 😊🤗

Aĺl the best for your assessment🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Discolights

1.36.. update please :)

Done!!🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail

I'll see you all later in the night may be... love you all 🤗

Discolights thumbnail

Yayyy!! 💃

Discolights thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

Ok please don't mind my saying this but reply to all these comments later on. Sunn_Shine needs to update so that I can read the it before the assessment 😊 Please🤗

I am sooo sorry. First time I got into a long conversation so just for carried away 😛🤗

Discolights thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

I'll see you all later in the night may be... love you all 🤗

See you soon girl. Thank you for the sweet chat. Appreciate it 🤗

Discolights thumbnail

Before I say anything about the update can I just appreciate your attention to the details in your writing, that makes everything come alive in front of my eyes. I do not have to make a lot of effort to imagine what's going on while I am reading. I simply love this aspect of this story.

I am glad the update is soooo long, making it for the long wait and it was so worth. I am still to complete 5 chapter but by now I have understand all these characters so very well as I am simultaneously reading latest updates. You are amazing, and bekaar mein you were taking tension that it has not come out well n all.. it's beautiful.

I have come across a lot of aspects in this update and I would talk about each after I read it again 🤗

Discolights thumbnail

Prerna-Shivani

Let me begin with Prerna. Her conversation with Shivani was amazing. Shivani telling her that she may fear losing Kukki but she can never feel like a wife (RB) because she never acted like one. As a reader I agree with Shivani because it is the truth. She was always concerned with Anurag.

Shivani though was trying to take Anurag's side in her conversation did raise a valid question. Did Bajaj ever get uncomfortable when Prerna was busy playing house with Anurag in his presence. She put Prerna on a thinking mode.

Prerna-Mr. Bajaj

All those dialogues from the show brought back memories of Bajaj1 ❤️ Intellegent inclusion to connect the show events with the story. Did you remember all these dialogues. You have kind of pushed me to watch the show again

So Prerna finally realises that it used to affect him too. Him inspite of not being a very expressive person,  did convey his feeling and discomfort, but she never cared. Instead she kept on going with her Anurag rant, telling him how her life only revolved around Anurag. Beautiful aspect touched upon. Loved it.

Prerna-Kukki

Kukki's breakdown in the office scene was beautiful and emotional, I shalk talk about it in next post. Prerna.witnessing Kukki and then Masi virtual slap of reality was such a treat to read. She should know what her action has done to a child, she so mercylessly left.

This is just about Prerna. Wooww.. I wrote so much. But.it was.amazing. 🤗

Edited by Discolights - 3 years ago