Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazyforu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I cannot compell you to write ahead if you don't wish too, but this is your story write it in your way. The way you have written it ,has always been very intriguing and keep me hooked but as it's turning ahead I'm sure it is going to be worth read. So please think about it again. I know somewhere you are hurt and feeling lost but please think again. For me you have done justice to this and I always wait for your update I keep on checking for your post. I have loved every part of you story now it's upto you. My good wishes with you.

AGAriya05 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Continue with the story...it’s going amazing..... It’s not at all boring ....rather now it started to become interesting....please continue for those who really wanna read the story !!! 😭🥺

Chit15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hi sunshine

I m silent reader of your work but I really got disheartened after reading you are dicontinuing this story.

Please it's a genuine and from my heart please continue this story. You have written realistic characters and story is also so deep and genuine. I am admirer of your way of writing and the way you have created Prerna Rishabh is most realistic and logical

Please it's a request to continue the story but last call is your and I will respect that🙏

Hope to see your magic soon

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

Message From Sunshine

Hello Amazing Peoplesmiley31

I am back for one last time on this thread. After reading the comments post my 'Last Note' I think there is a confusion that I took the decision to stop because of dislike/hatred/dissatisfaction against a particular character of the story (I always confuse smiley44). That's not the case honestly because there have always been questions and dissatisfaction and I tried to answer in whatever manner I could. I did the same today, until it got a bit uncomfortable for me to handle. I am not used to it even in real life. That makes me unfit for social media smiley44

I have kind of lost trust in the story and somewhere in the feedback received before 2 days and since yesterday. It was an extreme contrast. Almost all the characters now look problematic, I am not sure what was I even writing all this while. Even if I continue to write now it won't be the same because this will always be at the back of mind, that's a problem with me or you could call it my nature in real life. 

I was always very skeptical about this story for it's slow pace and additional characters, I guess the story was itself in a "Fight Against Destiny"  of it's own and not just it's characterssmiley36. And I used to discuss it with a few of my friends here before shaping it up to instill some level of confidence that jo hai wo readable hai, even if it's not enjoyable. That has broken that's why I decided to stop, not because of character bashing, wo to pehle bhi tha hi. Some of you have expressed discontent even before but I was a part of the conversation with feedback. This started as a feedback to which I replied too but soon it wasn't a feedback or constructive discussion, it was something else. Sorry, it didn't come across as a feedback. Nobody but me is responsible for this abrupt stop because I may not be able to connect with this as I could earlier. 

I see certain discussions are taking a wrong course connecting this with Shows and makers. I don't see much of a connection and my personal decision should not become a conflict between friends. Therefore, I have requested moderators to lock this thread.

I love you all and will see you all outside this thread same as ever. And if ever I feel confident enough to write this again, I will come back here for sure.

I offer my sincere apologies to everyone because for some this has been a cause of frustration and now by stopping I am hurting readers who were interested. I am really sorry again.

Like always I will try to answer all the unanswered messages but on a PM this time as this would be the last message.

See you outside this space.

Lotsss of Lovee and Thank Yoouuuu😘😍😚

-Sunshine

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thank you Koeli.. for this.. appreciate your help 🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hello Amazing people🤗

After a long break (much needed) to put my thoughts together I am posting the next chapter (scroll down to skip this part). Though I shared it already with most of you via PM, it was not easy as I thought it would be. I had to edit every time I drafted a new PM because it wouldn't send to more than 10 members in a go. Uske baad bhi so many were not delivered. I began sending PMs at around 2-3pm yesterday and last one till 4am. New experience 🙂

More importantly I was overwhelmed, silently reading all the messages I received in the past 10+ days. I have no words to express my gratitude. A huge hug for everyone and Biggg wala Thank You for bringing me back to feeling a little more confident about what I was doing with this story and making me realise (took me some time) where even I went wrong. While sending a PM at 4am to one of the silent members I realised that it was not fair because I had no other way to reach out as PMs were not getting delivered. IF was too hungry it seems 😁. That's when I had to request to open this thread. I am glad in a way because I got to know so many of you wonderful souls, that I had no idea that I was connected with. So Thank You again!

About this particular story, I have always vouched for a reader's freedom to read or  not read, like or not like, comment or not comment and it will remain the same from my end. I am no one to tell you what needs to be done, and I will never cross that line. However, I also understand that readers may have certain expectations, therefore as a creator of this story I'd share a few bits about this particular story. 

This story may disappoint you if

-you like a fast paced story. This one has things happening within a time frame ranging from hours to days to weeks and months. Hence, it is a slow moving one. And I appreciate that you guys have been sooo patient with me on this one.

-expect sudden or overnight changes in characters or situations. I take a long time to adapt to things personally (took me 10 days to come back here 😋) and I think that reflects in whatever little I have written till date. Also characters will always be thinking back and forth, at times confusion and uncertainty will take over as the title only says.. they are here for a fight.. nothing comes easy to them.

-expect a completely negative character like a Vamp or a Villan. I can't write negative characters because I don't think they are needed when relations and situations are enough to mess up life.

-expect things will only move forward (future as per timeline). This story came to mind because Bajaj's past was completely missing from the show. And how things happened between him and Prerna. Therefore, this story will go forward but will also keep going back in time as flashbacks and narrations by other characters.

-expect any mature content. I don't read mature content to likhna to duuurrrrr ki baat hai. I feel unequipped to write romance too but that is something I can try and learn by the time I reach that stage. You could get a glimpse my limited skills in this zone in the last part of "I Am Home" and you'd know where I stand🤐🤣

-expect it will be PreRish all over every chapter giving it to everyone around. They will have their share of making mistakes and rectifying. They will always be the focal point of each chapter but in different manners. It is a PreRish story but the flow is as follows in my mind- Story > RishKukPre > Mr. Mehra, Adhiraj siblings > Tanvi, Masi, Rastogi > Basus > Nidhi, Prajakta > Chandu, John etc. Every character has his or her own story to share that leads to PreRish. Because endgame is PreRish :)

Lastly, writing doesn't come natural to me, hence, I am bound to make mistakes, that's why all your comments, questions, suggestions, feedback, criticisms on story, characters are welcome as always. Only request I have is that let's share it in a way that it's a bit polite so that the person reading on the other end (whosoever it may be) can read and respond. We don't know what state of mind a reader is while reading, so this is my only request. If you would like to reach out or share something feel free to comment or PM, whichever option works best for you as I understand and respect your choice to be a vocal or silent reader. 

Such a long note 🤦‍♀️😋

Love

-Sunshine 😘

Inside Rishabh's room, he stood hunched over the bathroom basin as his body discarded every last bit of food he had had at the event. This was the second time he threw up since he left from the lawn a little above an hour back. His knees went weak on him as he walked back to his bed. Taking his medicines he tried to sleep but his abdomen pain and nausea didn't let him as he shifted in his bed the entire night.

Prerna in her bed couldn't sleep either thinking about Menaka. 'Isn't she pushing her boundaries a bit too much with Mr. Bajaj. She knows he feels unsettled around her phir bhi. She should understand..' she thought.

Menaka in her car on her way back to her hotel looked outside hoping he was fine and her fear was misplaced.

CHAPTER 31

NEXT DAY (FRIDAY)

PUNE HOTEL

The Lounge (ground floor)

10.30 am

Prerna was in a breakfast meeting with Aditya and the group's founders they had come to visit. While Aditya was busy negotiating terms with them, Prerna kept checking her watch waiting for Rishabh to come down for  breakfast. He had messaged Aditya that he will be down by 10.30. It was 10.45 but he hadn't come down. 

She was already a little troubled with what Menaka said last night and his absence was only drifting her towards a fear 'what if she was right?' Prerna wanted to go and check but she had been stuck here since 8am.

Aditya's voice got her out of her thoughts. 

"My partner is here, we can seal this contract today itself" said Aditya.

"I will go get Mr. Bajaj's signatures" she said surprising everyone.

Aditya looked at her skeptically and said "okayyyy.. here's the file. You go, tab tak I'll continue the discussion"

"Thanks.." said Prerna, and rushed out of the lounge area.

Aditya drew his eyes together in confusion and murmerred "Thanks? for what?" But he continued the discussions.

Rishabh's Room (4th floor)

10.45am 

Rishabh came out of the washroom wiping his face with a hand towel. Weakly he roamed around his room to pack his stuff. Feeling tired he sat on the edge of the bed, when he heard the doorbell. He fixed his hair looking in the mirror and adjusting his stance he wore his 'all is well' mask before he lazily maneuvered out of his room, out to the living and reached for the door. 

"Good Morning Mr. Bajaj.." said Prerna, who stood there with a smile on her face. She felt a bit relieved as he looked okay to her.

"Good Morning Ms. Sharma. Aap yahan is waqt?" he asked, one hand resting on his waist and the other one on the door.

When he stood there without inviting her inside, she showed him the file and said, "Aditya needed your signatures on this document. Aap sign kar lijiye.. I will wait here.."

Rishabh's fuzzy brain had failed to realise that he made her stand at the door. "I am so sorry.. please come inside, have a seat.." He led her to the couch in the middle of the living room.

"You didn't come down for breakfast?" She asked, following him inside.

"I had some packing left.." he replied. 

"Aap abhi tak ready nahi hue, aap to 11.30 nikalne wale hain na?" she asked as he was still in his tracks and T-shirt.

"I will in sometime" he said, gesturing with his hand and waited for her to take a seat. He sat on the bigger couch with his back facing the door and she sat on the smaller couch on his left.

He lowered himself on the couch, his face emoting nothing he felt inside and asked for the file "Show me what is it?"

Prerna gave him the file and said, "Aditya is downstairs in a meeting with this group, so he sent me to get your signatures on this document. He has already signed it" 

"Okay.." he said and read it carefully.

Recalling her conversation with Menaka last night, hesitatingly she asked "Did you have a good night's sleep?" He looked a little dull and quiet.

Rishabh felt a bit odd but he just said "yes"

He was quiet again.

"It's about the partnership with the new self help group who will help us train women in our community.." she said, explaining the document as he hardly asked any of his questions that he'd usually did while going through a document. 

"Hmmm.. have you guys finalised the expected expenditures, outcomes and the entire stage wise implementation?" he asked as he read the file. She felt a bit relieved when he asked a question finally.

"Yes we have, it's there at the end.." she said excitedly, because this time she prepared all the documents the way he expected with all the details.

After carefully going through the entire document he said, "It looks good to me.." and looked around for a pen.

"Do you have a pen, Ms. Sharma?" he asked, he didn't want to go to his room as he barely held himself, not giving away much of his discomfort.

"Oohh yes. I do.. one sec" she looked for it in her messed up bag. Struggling to find it, she stole a nervous glance at him and he sat with his eyes closed, the bridge of his nose pinched between the digits of his left hand and right one resting over his stomach. File was on the couch by his side. He sat as still as could, as his pain got worse with slight movement he made.

'I always find a way to embarrass myself in front of him, don't I?' She thought, not reaching her pen. As she noticed him more, she doubted if he was okay.

It took her a couple of minutes to find one in her stuffed bag. "I got it.. I am so sorry.." she said in a low voice.

"It's okay.." his voice, barely a whisper was tired and weak.

"Are you okay Mr. Bajaj?" she asked with concern as he didn't look very well. 

"Yeah…here, go ahead with your meeting. I gotta pack" he said, keeping the file on the coffee table.

She picked up the file and got up to leave, though she didn't want to. She stopped hearing his voice.

"Ms. Sharma could you do me a favour, Please close the door on your way out" he said.

Disappointed a little to leave she said with a nod "Sure.."

As she walked to the door behind him, taking a few deep breaths he leaned back into the backrest because of sharp pain; but the nausea overwhelmed him again. He gathered his strength and walked back to his room.

Prerna almost reached the door, when she turned back to make sure he was okay, because she wasn't very convinced. That's when she saw him rushing to his bedroom with a hand towel over his mouth, as he walked holding the walls. 

She quickly followed him to his room and knocked at the door. When he didn't reply, she hesitatingly stepped inside and called him in a low voice "Mr. Bajaj?", her eyes scanning the room for him. 

A half arranged luggage bag laid open on one side of the bed and some stuff next to it. Some medicines and half filled glass over the side table. Then she heard his voice from the washroom. She threw her stuff on the bed and quickly reached the door and heard him cough, she knew he was sick.

She panicked and knocked at the door, speaking in a voice laced with worry "Mr. Bajaj, aap theek hain?" and waited for his response.

"I am fine..please carry on with your..." he threw up again. She could hear his coughs and then the sound of water gushing out of the basin tap.

"Mr. Bajaj, aap theek nahi hai.. please open the door.." she frantically knocked at the door again until the door opened and her hand was in the air, almost escaping hitting him over his chest.

He stood at the doorway holding the door, looking all exhausated. His head was spinning a little; he blinked a few times to clear the blurry image of Prerna in front of him.

"Kya ho gaya hai aapko?" She held his arm and walked him to the bed. "Aapne bataya kyu nahi jab aapki tabiyat itni kharab hai.." quickly she made some space on the bed and made him sit.

"It's okay..I must have eaten something at the conference last night. You please go ahead with your work. I feel better now" Prerna paid no attention to his words and made him lie back and covered him with the comforter.

"Honestly, I am fine. It will be fi.. ahhh" he clutched his stomach, as he winced with pain.

"I can see that" She made him drink some water and quickly dialled Tanvi, for his doctor's number. Tanvi was quick to text his number. She called Dr. Rastogi and after a brief talk, she made him talk to Rishabh. Hearing their conversation she got to know that he had been sick since last night and threw up 4 times. He looked worn out as he spoke over the phone with his eyes covered with his arm.

"No.. I am not getting any tests done here, I'd do that back in the city. Don't want to get stuck here for a long time. I am leaving in an hour or so anyway.." he said in a bit irritated tone.

Prerna shook his head hearing him being adamant to go back to Mumbai.

Rishabh gave her the phone back as his doctor wanted to speak to her and she went out of the room to talk. 

"He doesn't look too good to me." said Prerna.

"Dekho beta, he is very adamant to come back. But I don't think he should, in this condition. Mild food poisoning bhi ho sakta hai and his ulcer related complication bhi, isliye just take him to Apollo and meet Dr. Varshney. He is a friend of mine, I'll inform him. At least basic tests he will do to make sure he is fit to travel, raste mein kuch hua to problem ho jayegi. Okay?"

"Sure.. thank you" said Prerna and immediately called Aditya. As she reached his room he was trying to get off the bed.

"Mr. Bajaj, what are you even trying to.." she kept her hand over his shoulders and gently pushed him to lie down. He resisted but his weak protest wasn't something she couldn't deal with.

"Ms. Sharma.. I need to go home.." he said trying to be stern this time.

"Aap abhi aise ghar nahi jaa sakte hain.." Prerna heard the doorbell and almost ran to get the door. Aditya had reached in no time and even after protest by Rishabh, they rushed him to the hospital. 

APOLLO HOSPITAL, PUNE

12.15 pm

While the doctors checked on him, Prerna was outside his room, looking inside through the glass window, while Aditya was on a call with Menaka. 

Prerna was really tense. She knew he had been unwell for some time but didn't know it could get this bad, he could barely walk. Only time she had seen him like this was when he arrived at the court to testify for her mother. But he looked worse today.

1.00 pm

After what felt like ages Dr. Varshney came out to update.

"We spoke to his family doctor, he told us about his medical history and ongoing treatment, that really helped us. It looks like food poisoning that has further irritated his already inflamed gastric walls aggravating his pain overnight. But we can't be sure till we run some more tests and an endoscopy but he doesn't want to undergo any tests here, soo.. I feel a little tied up.. you guys need to convince him.."

"You are the doctor, why not just go ahead with the tests" said Prerna.

"He said he'd sue the hospital if we did anything against his permission" Prerna and the doctor looked at each other with helplessness written over their faces. Aditya turned around and shook his head in disbelief. 

"Anyway do you happen to know if he is regular with his medication?" the doctor asked, breaking the silence between the three.

"He is quite careless.." said Prerna, before Aditya said a word.

"That explains.. anyways he is on pain relievers and saline for hydration, he is severely dehydrated because of constant vomits" said the doctor.

"Also, he told me he wants to travel back to Mumbai today only. We will keep him here for a few hours at least to make sure his pain is under check and so are his refluxes. Agar sab theek hai to by evening you should be able to take him, otherwise we go ahead with further investigation, but you have to convince him as I really can't override hospital management. Aap andar ja sakte hain but let him rest. Excuse me, I'll see you in a while"

"Thank you doctor" Prerna and Aditya thanked him and went inside the room. He was sleeping peacefully, while a nurse adjusted the fluid flow through the IV.

Aditya stood next to his bed and kept his hand over Rishabh's. "How could you be so careless RB? Raat se bata nahi sakte the? Such an idiot I am, maine bhi notice nahi kiya" He reached his hair and caressed it. 

Prerna stood at a distance looking at Rishabh, his face tilted away from them.

Aditya looked at Prerna and said, "You stay here with him, I'll go take care of the formalities and talk to Dr. Rastogi"

"Aditya, call his home as well. They must be worried. Tanvi se hi Rastogiji ka number liya tha, so they know.." said Prerna.

"I will..thank you so much.. I'll be right back..." said Aditya and left Prerna alone in the room with Rishabh.

Prerna hesitatingly moved ahead and stood near his bed. She stared at his hand for some time. Her fingers moved on their own and she moved her hand to touch his. She stopped when her hand was just above his, her eyes still fixed at his face. She didn't want to wake him up. 

She still decided to give it a caressing touch, but sound at the door made her pull her hand back in a quick movement. She looked at the door on her  side and found Menaka. Colors drained from her face, like she was caught stealing. 

She took a step back as Menaka came inside and sat on a stool beside him. Prerna could tell she was worried. 

"He will be fine.." said Prerna, in a low voice standing behind Menaka.

Menaka looked back at her with a weak smile and said "Thank you!" After a brief pause she said in a whispering voice "I told you, something wasn't right.." and looked ahead at Rishabh.

Prerna said nothing, recalling their conversation a night before outside his room. She knew if she had not asked Menaka to leave or checked herself, they would have known last night itself. But what happened next shocked her, to her own surprise.

Menaka took Rishabh's hand in hers and placed a soft kiss at the IV site. 

"Why do you always do this, RB?" whispered Menaka, lowering her forehead over his hand in hers.

Prerna's legs involuntarily took her back; she wasn't expecting Menaka would do anything like this. It hurt her like she never thought anything like this would. She failed to understand her own thoughts and reactions and kept moving back until she hit a hard surface, she didn't care if it was a wall, door or a window.

She only stared at Rishabh, still sleeping unaware of her or Menaka's presence. Seeing her so close to him evoked  a new emotion in her, that she had never felt before for anyone. She couldn't name that emotion, neither did she know why she felt so. All she wanted to do was to ask Menaka to not touch him especially when he didn't even know she was around.

All her thoughts were messing her ability to think straight. She left the room and sat on a bench outside, trying to get a hold on her own thoughts gone wild.

2.15pm

After a while Aditya came back and found her sitting out. "Why are you sitting here? RB ke pass.."

"Menaka is inside…" said Prerna, relieving Aditya.

"Are you okay? Anything wrong?" He asked, as she looked a bit disturbed with something.

"Menaka came by his room last night to check on him.. but I told her to go. I wish I had known.. to ye hota nahi.." Prerna covered her guilt ridden face with her hands.

Aditya sat on his knees in front of her and held her by her shoulders. "Don't feel bad about it.. stop crying, it's nobody's fault. Sab is stupid RB ke wajah se, God knows kab samjhega ye.. is mamle mein Kukke is more responsible than him.."

"But he sat right next to me last night, and morning mein bhi I could not understand.. woh to I saw him in the morning… otherwise.. unhone realise hi nahi hone diya and I also had no idea he was in such a bad state.. wo aise hi Mumbai wapas jane wale the.. what if something had happened on the road"

"It's hard to read him Prerna.. to be honest, you are the one we should thank, otherwise wo sach mein aise Mumbai ke liye nikal jata.. Tumse zyada mujhe guilty hona chahie. I was so busy on other matters ki dhyan hi nahi gaya.. I happen to be his best friend, kya maine realise kiya? I am not even sure if I deserve to be his friend or not, because uske health issues ka reason to main hi hu and his carelessness is not helping either" Prerna could read the guilt on his face.

"But Menaka sensed it.." she said, not liking the feel of it.

"She loves him Prerna, she had loved him for a long time. Aaj jo bhi situation hai dono ke beech there was a time they were best pals.. inseparable they were.. Usne RB ke sath mujhse bhi zyada time spend kiya hai..  of course she knows him better than any of us.. Main to chala gaya tha yaha se apne gusse mein, RB, Menaka aur Ara hi to the ek dusre ke sath"

"I have spent time with him too.." she blabbered senselessly, like she was trying to show that Adhirajs were not the only ones to have spent time with him. 

He chuckled, "You've spent time with Mr. Bajaj, but Menaka read Rishabh. Tumhare Mr. Bajaj ke andar humara Rishabh hai, jo ab humein bhi mushkil se milta hai.. Business meetings mein you can know Mr. Bajaj, like you call him (he smiled) not Rishabh.. Mr. Bajaj jitne perfect hain, Rishabh utna hi messed up aur careless hai, especially when it about him, aaj se nahi humesha se.. wo to Kukki ki wajah se thoda improvement hai otherwise he was worse.."

He cupped her hand in his and said "waise bhi kisi ko janne ke liye time lagta hai aur time dena padta hai, usey samajhna padta hai.. professional capacity you can only know a little. Ab tum ye expect karo that you'll know all about him to fair nahi hai na.. Tum dono agar kisi aur tarah mile hote to baat alag thi but luckily you don't have to make any efforts to know him because you work with him, it's not that you are in love with him, I hope you didn't take my Wife wala comment a bit too seriously, that was just a joke (he said in a mocking tone to lighten her mood) Now stop thinking and come inside.."

"I'll use the restroom and come.." she said, wiping her tears. 

"Good idea, you need it. Just look at your face." he said with a smile and went inside.

2.45 pm

After a while Prerna came inside and sat on the couch, Aditya sat on the other side and Menaka on the stool next to Rishabh. She didn't leave his side or his hand. Prerna couldn't stop looking at her every now and then. But each time she would immediately take her eyes off, not liking the sight.

4.30 pm

It's been little above 4 hours since they all came to the hospital. Aditya had gone to meet the doctors, while Prerna was pacing outside the room, on a call with Kukki, who wanted to speak to her father. Prerna was trying to convince her she could do that once he was awake. She stopped abruptly when she saw some movements inside through the glass opening. Her eyes were so glued on what was going on inside, that she even forgot for a second that Kukki was still on call. 

He had woken up and Menaka was trying to help him drink water, while he refused and said something looking a bit angry. She couldn't hear them but she knew he wasn't happy with her presence.

Inside the room

"Stop Menaka. Don't touch me.." said Rishabh, as Menaka tried to help him sit straight.

"I am not trying to touch you Rishabh, I am just helpi…"

"I don't need your help.. last time you helped and we all know what happened.. so just.. stay away.." he said as he pulled his body up and winced in pain.

His words hit her like a sharp dagger but she tried  not to lose her calm. "Of course.. you are acting like I haven't ever touched you.." she said, standing aside once he was comfortable enough.

Outside Prerna saw Aditya enter the room and she focused back on Kukki and finished the call.

"How are you?" asked Aditya, and Menaka stood aside.

Prerna quietly sneaked inside.

"I am fine.. I need to go home.." he said.

Aditya kept his hand over his shoulder. "I have called for the doctor, let him come and then we'll see if you can trav..."

Rishabh didn't let him finish and said in a bit irritated tone "NOOO.. I'd be better at home.."

"Okay okay..calm down.. let the doctor come, we'll figure out something..itna pareshan mat ho.." said Aditya. 

As Rishabh closed his eyes, Menaka reached her brother's shoulder and he lowered his head to hear what she had to say. Menaka spoke in a whispering tone "his pain is not completely gone.. isliye he is feeling a bit on the edge.."

"I know.. he is the same old adamant Rishabh.. meri kabhi sunta nahi.. tumse naraz hai to sunega nahi.. I miss Ara now.."

Prerna heard him and looked at Rishabh. They were right, he had his eyes shut and blanket wrinkled between his curled fingers above his abdomen. Prerna unknowingly was making efforts to study his actions and read subtle signs. She knew there was only one thing that could ease him.

"Mr. Bajaj hum sab chahte hain aap ghar jayein but doctors ko aane dijiye.. isliye please relax.. by the way Kukki ne aapke liye voice note bheja hai" said Prerna. Mere name of his daughter was enough to get him to react.

"Get well soon, Papa!! Come back when you get better. I love you" Prerna played the message for him.

"Love you more Princess.." he said under his breath.

Like Prerna expected Kukki's voice was enough to calm him down a bit. His eyes were still close but his face looked more at peace, that didn't go unnoticed by anyone around.

Aditya silently thanked Prerna with a smile. 

That's when the doctor entered with a nurse. Doctor checked on him and he announced to keep him there overnight. But Rishabh was adamant on leaving.

"I can bear this. Give me some painkillers and anti-nausea antibiotics for travel and I'd be good. It's just a 3 hours drive home.. please.. I'd see my doctors back in the city" he was again feeling edgy.

"But.." the doctor tried to reason.

"Please don't make me do something I don't want to.. I am requesting and I need you to listen to me and honour it…you can't hold me here against my will.." he said with a finality in his words.

Aditya looked at the doctor with a helpless look, expecting some solution to this situation.

Doctor sighed and lowered his shoulders like he had no option but to agree. He had never met such an adamant adult in his life. He was worse than kids, he thought.

He checked his charts and vitals again. "Okay, if he is insisting so much, I'll allow you to take him back to the city, we will give some antibiotics for pain and nausea to ease the journey. But those will have a sedating effect that will make you sleepy and drowsy"

"That's even better.." said Rishabh. And everyone just let out a sigh of disbelief.

"Okay we will give it an hour before you start to be more effective. Let me know when you want to leave. You have not let us run any tests but this could be serious too, so please go back home and see your doctor Mr. Bajaj" said the doctor.

"Sure.. thanks.." Rishabh said. Hospital was the last place he wanted to be. He wanted to be with his daughter. 

Within the next 2 hours all the stuff was collected from the hotel. Rishabh's driver drove Aditya's car and Menaka's driver was ready with hers. 

7.00 pm

Aditya with the help of one of the hospital staff settled Rishabh in the back behind the passenger's seat and Rishabh rested his head back, feeling sleepy and drowsy just like the doctor said. Prerna carefully fixed a pillow behind his back and she closed the door. She walked around to reach the other side and sit next to him but by the time she reached the door, Menaka had made her way inside.

Even in a drowsy state as soon as he realised Menaka was next to him Rishabh lowered the hand rest creating a kind of separation and slept back as he was not in his senses to argue. Drugs made it difficult to stay awake.

Menaka sitting next to him smiled at his little act to create a separation between them even in that confined space. 

Prena saw it all still standing outside holding the door feeling all the way more frustrated. Something was not right with her, she felt. She has never felt like that before.

"Prerna aage aajao.." said Aditya as he opened the door to the driver's seat. Prerna gave a weak smile and closed the door to Menaka's side and walked to the passenger's seat. She buried herself in the seat next to Aditya. In the pretext of fixing the belt she looked at Menaka smiling sitting behind Aditya. Rishabh was behind her and she could see him sleeping through the side mirror. It would be a lie if she said that she wasn't worried for him. 

8.00 pm

Aditya did his best to keep the drive as smooth as possible. When he took a sharp turn at the fuel station, Prerna noticed Rishabh's head slid on his side and he was about to hit the glass. She turned back with a lightning speed but Menaka was quick to put her hand on time. Menaka looked at Prerna and said, "I got him. Thanks.."

Prerna hid her awkwardness and looked ahead. 

"Easy Adi.." Menaka said as she adjusted Rishabh. 

"I am so sorry.." they all stopped to refill the fuel tank.

"Yaha kahi restroom hoga?" asked Prerna. She wanted to splash some water as she felt like her body was emitting heat even in the low temperature. She felt suffocated for some reason and wanted to take some fresh air.

"There.." said Aditya pointing towards a small store.

"Thanks.." Prerna walked away. 

Aditya was about to step out but a painful groan grabbed their attention. Rishabh was shifting a little, with a flinched face.

"He must be tired sitting like this.. help me lie him down.." said Aditya and reached Rishabh's side.

"But there isn't much space.." said Menaka.

Aditya rolled his eyes and said in a sarcastic tone "Really? Says who? No space is small for him to sleep.. you are talking like wo kabhi backseat pe soya nahi hai" he chuckled.

Menaka looked at him with surprise "if he gets up? He is going to kill me.." said Menaka.

"Only if he gets up.. waise to ye uthega nahi aur agar utha bhi to we'll see. Right now his pain is killing him.. we must sort that first.. Mumbai tak ke liye time hai.. I can't believe he was planning to leave in the morning.." said Aditya and carefully removed the pillow from his back and asked Menaka to keep it over her lap. "You should have seen him at the hotel, he could barely walk"

She reluctantly kept the pillow over her lap and removed the armrest that he had fixed like a wall between them. She lowered his head on the pillow and Aditya carefully pulled his legs up on the seat. Rishabh was now lying on his side facing away from Menaka, knees bent to fit the seat. 

"See it wasn't that difficult" said Aditya closing the door and went away to make the payment. 

She took a deep breath worried. 'Only till he doesn't wake up' thought Menaka, tenderly caressing his hair.

On the other side, Prerna found a washroom and she locked herself behind the door. She hunched over the basin platform and splashed water over her face. 'What's wrong with you Prerna. They are his people.. HIS PEOPLE.. she repeated for herself. Ye chal kya raha hai mere andar. Why am I getting such thoughts for her.. she is not a bad person, she is just worried for him that's it.. I have never felt this ever.. get your thoughts together Prerna. This is not right.."

She wiped her face and looking at herself in the mirror she said, "You need to stop this.. whatever this mess is going on inside you.. you can't dislike someone for showing care.." She stood there with her eyes shut for some time before stepping out and bought water bottles for all of them. 

Prerna was back and as soon as she opened the door, her eyes fell on Rishabh sleeping on a pillow over Menaka's lap in front of her eyes. She only moved when she heard Menaka.

"Can I have a bottle please…" requested Menaka but Prerna was lost.

"Prerna..!!"

"Huh.. sure. Here.." Prerna extended a bottle in her direction, her eyes still fixed at him.

"Thanks.." said Menaka.

"Prerna.. come inside. Let's get going.." Aditya's voice brought her out of her thoughts. 

She sat avoiding to look at the back seat at any cost, Rishabh was right behind facing in their direction. She took a deep breath and leaned back closing her eyes, feeling extremely uncomfortable, but why she had no idea. Her self talk from a while back didn't do much. Hence, pretending to sleep looked like a better option to her than talk or look back.

Menaka looked at Aditya through the rear view mirror who had a smile on his face.

"What's that smile for?" She asked her brother.

Prerna was alert as she heard her voice but she let them believe that she was asleep.

"Nothing.. tum logo ka college time yaad aa gaya.. we all used to go on crazy long drives whenever we got time. I used to drive you all, bas Ara ki jagah Prerna hai. Aur RB poora time masti karne ke baad used to sleep like a child, just like now."

Menaka looked at Rishabh and her lips curved into a smile remembering their old time together. She caressed his hair and said "he has changed so much.. but sote hue he still looks like that 21 year old RB.. (she took a deep breath, her smile fading) we used to be best friends.. aur ab.. I could bet anything to bring that time back and begin everything again.. correct all that went wrong.. change everything that took away his smile" she stopped, fighting the lump in her throat.

"Me too.. I was so unfair to all of you, especially him" said Aditya, in a voice filled with regret.

There was silence inside. Prerna still pretended to sleep but she was now intrigued by their talks and wanted to know more about him. 

Aditya was the one to break the silence. "Did I tell you RB gave AMRA's file to Prerna to work on the project"

Menaka looked at him with wide eyes, shocked and surprised at the same time. "The original file? Ara ne jo tumhe di and then you gave it to RB and me? Wo file?"

"Exactly that file"

Prerna though pretended to sleep, couldn't avoid feeling proud of herself. She took a deep breath and turned away towards the window to hide the little smile that adorned her face.

"I can't believe it. Pehle tumhare aur phir Ara ke jane ke baad wo file aajtak mujhe nahi di jabki mere khud ke kitne notes hain usme and I happen to be one of the founders" said Menaka, looking all surprised.

"Mr. Bajaj gave it to me, something he doesn't even trust his ex-wife with?" She thought. The thought was enough to make her feel good. She knew, more than her, Rishabh trusted Aditya's trust on her but that wasn't going to stop her from feeling like she won. 

"I hope she understands what it means to all of us and him. He didn't stop working on it even when you left" said Menaka, looking in Prerna's direction.

"She is working hard.. very hard.. RB is helping her too" said Aditya.

"I am glad.. now this long pending dream has started taking shape" said Menaka.

Prerna was proud but all of a sudden she felt like she was carrying a huge responsibility on her shoulders. She was now a part of a long pending dream, not just another job. But the way everyone trusted her only made her determined.

"Pehle Prerna ko drop karna hai na?" asked Menaka.

"Haan.."

"I'll also get down there only.." said Menaka.

"Are you not coming with me?" he asked puzzled.

She gave a weak smile and shook her head a little in disappointment and looking down at Rishabh she said "I can't.. even if I want I can't.. If it was in my hands, I'd give anything to stay next to him all my life.. take care of him, he deserves all the love in and care in this whole wide world. Only an unfortunate soul wouldn't want to be by his side or notice Rishabh behind this business tycoon Rishabh Bajaj who can go to any extent for his family"

'Why do I always feel that the man I spent 3 months with and the person lying in the back seat, they are talking about are two different people. Was I wrong or Mr. Bajaj has changed so much that his own people don't know him anymore. Who is he? What is he? And why is he the way he is?' thought Prerna and continued with her sleeping act to hear more.

"Yaad hai us raat jab tumne humein milne bulaya tha in your office and he lashed out at me.. he almost held me in anger but his touch.. his touch was so gentle. He couldn't hurt even when he was searing with anger. That anger of his was less for me but more for himself. He is angry with himself and still is.. because.. he thinks he failed.. to keep his family together. I instigated him to blurt out all that he has been carrying around for years, but he didn't.. I wish there was a way to tell him that it wasn't his fault, it wasn't anyone's fault.."

"Aisa kya hua tha inke beech?" Thought Prerna as she heard her.

"Menaka.." said Aditya, smiling at her through the rear view mirror.

Menaka responded with a weak smile. "I am sorry, anyway I should inform my driver to wait for me at Prerna's place"

Menaka made a short call and there was silence again for a long time.

9.15pm

Disappointed that conversation ended between the siblings, Prerna could not carry forward her fake sleep for very long. After a while she woke up and looked on her side at Aditya.

He smiled back at her and said, "Go back to sleep, we still have some time"

"I am good.." she said. Slowly she turned back to check on Rishabh and what she saw brought a little smile on her face. He slept with his knees folded to his chest and arms crossed, a bit uncomfortable but the best that could be done in that space. She recalled how he used to fit himself on that couch when they were in Basu Badi.

And then she noticed Menaka and her smile vanished. Her left hand was over his arm, and the right one protectively held his head on the pillow. Her head leaned back on the headrest and eyes were closed. Both of them were in deep sleep. 

Prerna immediately looked ahead and then outside the window trying to avoid looking at the backseat at any cost. She was again engulfed by this unknown feeling she had been feeling since last night. Though the remaining drive was short, it felt like ages. 

9.50 pm

Within minutes they had reached BI guest house. Vijay and Menaka's drivers had reached earlier and as instructed waited outside Prerna's apartment. Aditya stopped the car outside her place, waking up Menaka and she looked around clearing her mind and then she looked at Rishabh, still unaware of his surroundings. She was relieved that he didn't wake up. 

She caressed Rishabh's head and carefully lifted his head and stepped out. Standing outside as she fixed his pillow, she heard a light groan while shifting his body to adjust to the new position. 

"It's okay.. sleep.." she whispered. She closed the door, once she was sure he was still sleeping. 

All this while Prerna sat in her place like a statue, silently hearing and sensing everything without looking at the back. She wanted to run away but felt relieved as soon as Menaka stepped out and heard the door close. She looked back and then her gaze fell on him. 

All she did was stare at him, he looked peaceful while sleeping; a different version of himself. She noticed things she hadn't noticed earlier. His half closed eyes with long lashes made him look like an innocent child look, something that she had never seen before. He is as human as anyone else, he feels every feeling and emotions like everyone does, then why do they call you a business machine, she thought.

She knew he came back because he had promised Kukki; Kukki had told her on the call during the day. How can a ruthless person love so much.

'He loves Kukki unconditionally. Aditya and Men.. they love him too. What is he even? This innocent looking person who is in the back seat or the one who everyone is scared of? How can one person be both..?'

She heard him let out a painful groan as he shifted a little again, probably the drugs were wearing off. He opened his eyes for a few seconds and looked at Prerna. He smiled a little, but soon it vanished before his eyes were heavy again. His short glance made her feel like it wasn't her he was looking at when he smiled. He had never looked at her like that ever.

'Was he dreaming?' She thought. 

Staring at him, she had no idea when her hand moved in his direction to touch his hand but a knock on her side of the window brought her back to reality and she looked at her hand in air, which she retracted immediately.

"Prerna?" She removed her eyes off him and looked at the window of her side. Aditya knocked, calling her name again. She lowered the window and looked at him puzzled.

"Kya hua? Why are you looking at me like this? We have reached your place. Aa jaao then I'll drive him home before he wakes up. Aa jao jaldi.." said Aditya and walked back to help Vijay get her luggage off the other car.

Prerna held the lock to open her side of the door but she stopped to look at him again. 

"Please take care of yourself Mr. Bajaj, Kukki needs you.. Good night.." said Prerna and stepped out. 

Menaka hugged Aditya "Drive carefully.."

"I know I know.. You know sometimes I don't understand this love of yours when he doesn't even.." said Aditya but he was stopped midway by Menaka.

Menaka squeezed his hands and said "You do.. you very well do know why do I still love him when he doesn't even reciprocate… You have gone through that yourself, it's just that the person you loved isn't here with us Adi.. don't tell me you wouldn't have done the same if she was here.." and she hugged him, knowing that he needed one.

"Don't act like an old know it all lady. You are my younger sister, act like one. Don't worry about him and go home.." said Aditya, placing a kiss over her hair and opened the door for his sister and she drove away with her driver. 

Prerna looked at Rishabh and then at Aditya and said "Drive safe"

Aditya couldn't help but smile "What's with you two ladies. I will be careful, I promise. It's just 15 minutes from here" Prerna smiled back and stood at the entrance of the building till Aditya left with Rishabh.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

10.20 PM

Aditya made him comfortable on the couch as Masi and Tanvi came around looking worried. Tired and drowsy after a long journey, Rishabh leaned back on the couch with his eyes closed till he heard Kukki's shaky voice.

"Papa…" 

Rishabh sat up and hugged her as she stood in front of him. He kissed her and said in a weak voice "Papa missed you.."

"Me too.." said Kukki. She looked quieter than always. Rishabh's eyes followed her moves, as she carefully held his hand in her little ones that still had a white tape at the IV site on the back of his hand and placed a soft kiss.

She looked at him with her innocent teary eyes, she placed her little hand on his stomach and asked, "it hurts?"

"No.. it doesn't" He replied, slowly shaking his head with a smile.

She hugged him with a force burying her head into his chest. "Lie.." is what all she whispered. 

"It's alright baby.. Papa is here with you.." he said gently rubbing her back.

But she refused to leave him. They all sat in the living room for quite some time. Aditya received a call from Prerna and then Menaka. He stepped aside to take their calls. 

Finishing the calls he came back and sat next to Masi. "Masi, kal isey Rastogi uncle ke pass jana hai kisi bhi haal mein. Main aa jaunga aap ready rahiyega. Okay?"

Rishabh looked at Aditya and Masi as if asking if it was okay if he went inside. They gestured at him to go inside and rest. He tried to lift Kukki in his arms but she stopped him pressing her hands against his chest. She knew her father was not well enough to lift her up. She held his hand and pulled it lightly asking him to come along. Masi too went inside with the two of them. Tanvi and Aditya were the only two left behind in the living room. 

"I should leave now. Please take care and call me if needed. Rastogi uncle will be back by afternoon. I'll come" said Aditya.

Tanvi nodded with a weak smile as they walked to the exit door.

"You could have stayed here tonight, we have comfortable guest rooms" said Tanvi.

"I know, but I have an important meeting tomorrow morning and I need to prepare. RB ki health ki wajah se I could not do it today.. I hope he feels better soon." Said Aditya.

They were in the foyer of their floor and both leaned on their side on either side of the lift facing each other. 

"Saturday bhi meeting?" she asked.

"Meeting an MLA. Ab govt schools ke project karne hain to politician and Administrative officers se to meetings karne padenge. Sat hai to working days ka time bhi waste nahi hota… soo.." said Aditya shrugging his shoulders.

"You guys are working too hard.."she said.

"So are you.." he said.

"Are you all set for Bangalore trip on Monday?" She asked.

"I am but depends on RB. If he doesn't get any better then we might have to reschedule. What about you" he said.

"I am also ready.. but let's see. Mom ko yaha akele nahi chhod sakti if he doesn't get better. Kukke bhi to hai.." Tanvi smiled and pressed for the elevator.

"I understand" Aditya took a deep breath and closed his eyes waiting for the lift, still leaned against the wall.

"You look tired.." she asked.

He opened his eyes and looked at her, "a little. It has been a tiring day.. not a pleasant one.. and RB being adamant on returning today itself stressed everyone including him"

The elevator had arrived.

"I can imagine that.. take care..Good night.." said Tanvi as he stepped in.

Aditya stood inside the empty elevator and said "Good night. And take care of him.. call me koi zarurat ho to..Bye" 

He hit the button and the doors closed.

Tanvi turned back and with a smile she said to herself. 'He so sweet and caring..'

Prerna's Apartment

10.55pm

After a short call with Aditya, followed by walk along the Marine Drive, Prerna entered her own apartment and threw her bag on the couch. Reaching the kitchen she grabbed a glass of water and emptied the whole thing in a gulp. Pictures of Menaka being so close to Rishabh the entire day didn't go away from her brain. She sat on her bed with her head held in her hands.

Her conversation with Aditya played back in her mind but it also brought back some of her memories with Rishabh. Things he had said to her.

'Tumhare Mr. Bajaj ke andar humara Rishabh hai' (Aditya)

"Main chahta hu aap Rishabh ko samjhe, Mr. Bajaj ko nahi.."

'Tum dono agar kisi aur tarah mile hote to baat alag thi' (Aditya)

"I wish main aapko un halat mein nahi mila hota jinme mila tha.."

Engulfed in her thoughts she sat on her bed, when she received a video call from Veena. She fixed herself and got on the call with her mother, which she thought was a good way to distract from all the maddening thoughts and feelings overpowering her from the past 2 days, especially after Menaka stepped into the hospital. 

"Ab theek hain Mr. Bajaj?" Veena asked.

"Subah bhaut zyada tabiyat kharab thi.. ab bhi theek nahi the par subah se behtar hain..poore raste sote hue aaye" said Prerna shutting her eyes to get rid of images of him and Menaka from the back of the car.

Veena sensed something was not right as her daughter as she sounded and looked distracted. "Priyu? Kya baat hai beta, koi pareshani hai kya? Kuch baat hai to tum bata sakti ho humein.."

"Maa.. pata nahi but kuch ajeeb sa lag rha hai.. maine aisa kabhi feel nahi kiya.. (she rubbed her eyes) rehne dijiye.. aapko bhi ajeeb hi lagega…"

"Bol na Priyu.. hum promise karte hain, tumhe judge nahi karenge.." said Veena.

"Menaka ke baare mein.. maine bataya tha na wo Mr. Bajaj ki ex-wife ke bare mein.." Prerna spoke being careful about her words.

"Haan yaad hai.. kya hua usey?"

"Main janti hu wo Mr. Bajaj ki ex-wife aur Kukke ki Mom hai.. but jab bhi wo un dono ke pass hoti hai to pata nahi mujhe bilkul acha nahi lagta.. main janti hu ye thoda ajeeb hai aur mujhe khud bhi samajh nahi aa rha hai aisa kyu feel hota hai but.."

"Kyuki tum Kukke se pyaar karti ho, usey apni life mein lana chahti ho.. jiske liye tum waha gai ho..Menaka ke wahan hone se tumhe dar lagta hai ki kahi tum usey kho na do.. shayad isiliye aisa feel hoga hi.." Veena tried to explain.

"Hmm.. Par why Mr. Bajaj.. aaj jab Menaka unke itne pass thi, mera mann kiya ki haath pakad kar alag kar du unhe.. wo unki wife thi.. ab nahi hai.. aur Mr. Bajaj unhe pasand bhi nahi karte. Wo unki permission ke bina kaise unke itne pass… unhe pata bhi nahi tha jab Menaka ne unke haath ko...", she closed her eyes remembering Menaka kissing Rishabh's hand in the hospital.

"Wo shayad isliye ki tum ab bhi unki wife ho.. wo ye baat nahi jante but tum to janti hi ho.. tum aajkal ki generation ke bacche kitne bhi.. wo kya kehte hai cool and modern ban jaao par kuch cheezein sabhi ki life mein same hoti hain.. aur koi bhi wife aisa mehsoos kar sakti hai.."

"Aisa nahi hai Maa.. humare beech mein aisa kuch nahi.. (she paused) wo bas ek deal thi.." said Prerna.

"Beta tum chahe usey deal kehna chaho ya samjhota.. rahegi to shaadi hi.. to shayad isiliye jab Menaka ko dekhti to ek Wife ki nazariye se tunhara uska Mr. Bajaj ke kareeb rehna pasand nahi ata.."

"Nahi Maa aisa kuch nahi…."

That's when Prerna heard Shivani's voice who seemed to have heard their conversation. Shivani sat beside her mother and turned the phone a bit so she could be in the frame too.

"I am sorry maine aapki baatien sun li. Agar aap bura na mane to kuch kahu?" Prerna noticed how she asked for permission, instead of jumping on her with her weapons. 

"Bolo shivi.. bas shanti se aur bina hyper hue kehna.." both sisters shared a little smile.

"Okay Di" said Shivani, agreeing with Prerna. 

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago
Exuberant_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Welcome back🤗

Loved it. Read it again.😊

Jyoti8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey meena...

Thanks for coming back....🥳🤗

Good update...  

Rishab did not show prerana that he was ill and prerana also was not sure what to assume. though he is feeling horrible he read the docs, questioned  & then signed really a true Business Man.

Rishab was adamant to go home to keep his promise to Kukkie and he black mailed doctor. How could he think of this?

Menaka was really worried and caring for him. And her hesitation to make him sleep in her lap was actually correct he did not like his touch then how angry if he sees arrangement by aditya. Maar dal ta dono ko... shayad nahi as menaka told he was gentle in showing his anger. 

Aditya also could not read him well and him consoling prerana was good. And his wife wala joke  baari pedega uske upar.. And liked their convo remembering their past fun time..  Aditya asking why Menaka worries so much for him though he dont reciprocate her love -- a worried brother. Tanvi and aditya little talk was good. Bangalore ???

Prerana was worried for him the moment he run to wash room and her guilt of not allowing Meneka and herself to check him. Her hesitation to touch him, comforting Kukkie.. And trying to know their past equation secretly.  jealously prerana is full on mode...!  She did not feel this much when Menaka hugged Kukkie.. 

And finally she realised from rishab and aditya words that Mr.Bajaj and Rishab are both different  personalities. Veena wording Prerana's feeings & jealously..

Finally shivani is here and i love/hate her a lot she gives words to prerana's sub conscious heart/mind and i love it..

Kukkie my sweet heart pakad liya pappa ka jhoot.⭐️

In PM u told that preish Confrontation is half written... waiting..

Thanks once again for continuing this realistically, sensibly  moulded story❤️.

Continue soon. 

Take care...

Edited by Jyoti8 - 3 years ago
rinku95 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Awesome update 

Thanks for pm 

Continue soon 

Discolights thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail