Mineil FF: "Her Wishlist" (**completed**) - Page 25

Posted: 3 years ago

Ch-14.

Minni was roaming here and there continuosly trying to figure out a decent gown for the event that would be followed by a ball from her 'big' luggage full of either formals or ethnic dress but nothing called a 'party wear', or to be more precise 'a ball party wear',

"A platinum Charity Ball", Mini had exclaimed when Neil had announced that the lauch event of the magazine would be followed by a ball  comprising of all the elites of great publication houses.

She felt angry on

Preet and Mickey as she doubted that everyone except her knew about it but didn't dared to disclose to her ....maybe because Neil wanted to surprise her... otherwise how come it is possible that everyone except her had already brought their respective outfits preferring a ball along with them.

But now his surprise has threw her in a trouble of lack of proper attire on her life's first ever ball party ....that too such a 'huge' party. One could get in by invitation. A plate of food costs a five digit figure. At first Minni had refused to go , she knew it was all about elites. But then she

Felt her cheeks warm remembering the manner Neil had seduced into saying yes. And she had capitulated.

"Maybe Neil wanted to fulfill one more wish of mine before I bid him a final goodbye", she wondered and tears began rolling down her cheeks on his pious,  self-less and innocent efforts to make her happy.

Her heart cursed her for hurting him. For once....just for once she felt like forgetting everything about her past, Patiala, her conservative parents and her life sucking promise and run in the arms of Neil and shout at the top of her voice that she is in love with him. For once she felt like to give up all her fears, restrictions, insecurities and burdens and hide herself in his embrace forever. 

Minni was engrossed in her thoughts when someone knocked at the door.

"Come in", Mini commanded and a crew of girls in black skirt and white formals stepped in carrying some huge boxes in their hands. Followed them entered two service men of the hotel carrying a cloth stand carrying numerous beautiful fascinating party attires.

"Is this Miss Minni?", They inquired.

"Yes", Minni replied.

"Ma'am we are here to get you ready for the event. Kindly choose a gown for yourself.", They requested.

"But I haven't called anyone", said Minni already confused.

"Mr. Neil Oberoi has hired us to get you ready for the evening", they informed.

"Neil?", She wondered.

Minni quickly caught her phone and placed a call to Neil.

"What's this?", She asked.

"What?", He questioned back.

"These girls....what are they doing here?", She asked back irritably.

"They are there to get you ready for the event?", He answered.

"But....but...why?", She asked back.

"Didn't you liked it?", He asked..

"Yes.... ofcourse I did...but..", she stammered.

"Done then. Don't be late. I'LL be waiting. Bye.", He said and cut the call away.

Minni had no idea that her 'datee' was so au fait with ladies haute couture. Had summoned three  designers and been adamant on how the dress should be designed. Minni chose a blue gown from the closet and to Its credit it was exquisite and and complimented her to  perfection.

Minni slipped on the flowing soft silky gown. She was amazed how the Blue eyes silk complimented her Hazel brown eyes. Her hair was all tied up ,a few tendrils hanging low to give her a classic look. Her hairs also styled that way to enhance

the view of matching platinum earrings Neil had already advised the beauticians to adorn her with. 

Minni gasped as she looked in the mirror. She could not believe that was her reflection when suddenly a notification popped on her phone.

"I'm waiting", Neil had texted.

Minni quickly looked out of the window and saw Neil's black long car waiting for her. This reminded her of their first date. In the corner of her heart, she prayed that atleast this time this should not end up like the last where she had to hurt Neil for the sake of her mom's conservative perception about love. 

Minni rushed in and as she stepped out of the doorframe she walked slowly, managing her gown, looking straight at Neil.

Neil climbed out and stayed stunned at her. 

"Minni......

You look far more beautiful even than imagination. "

Neil admired the silk and lace of the ice blue gown wrapped around her curvaceous body. The front was not too low but just perfect hint at the cleavage.

The back had a  punching depth that showed off her hour glass figure. 

"The shine of the earring compliments the spark of your eyes", Neil whispered whereas Minni just smiled in acknowledgment.

Minni climbed into the car and Neil geared it up.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier",asked Minni as she elbowed him.

Neil groaned.

"Now everything seems fine between us.", Said Neil acknowledging the way she elbowed him.

Mini just smiled in response.

"Well....take it as a surprise", smirked Neil.

Mini just gave guilty smile. Her heart craved to be with him forever but maybe the destiny had other plans..., She thought.

"See...Neil I know you arranged all these to fulfill my wish of attending a ball.....but...but... there's no need of all these.....u have already done so much for me....u have lived my five wishes with me...and I'M forever grateful for it....but...but... don't make me feel more guilty...", She stammered.

Neil moved a bit closer to her and placed his index finger on her lips.

"Shhhhhhh", he whispered.

"Minni... it's not for you. It's for us. It makes me happy to make u smile. Kindly don't stop me", he pleaded.

"....but...but...

Neil....it makes...me...feel... guilty...", She completed with difficulty.

"I don't want you to wonder that I just used you... trust me..I can never even think of it..".

Neil again placed a finger on her lips.

"I can never think so...datee..

Kindly don't bother yourself with all these rubbish", Neil declared.

"I'm guilty....."

Neil waited for her to complete but when she didn't he asked..,"why?",

"For....for...I feel bad for hurting you...", She finally said.

"And why you feel so?", Asked Neil with a silent smile on her innocent confession.

"Maybe because each and every fibre of my body loves you Neil", Mini said to herself.

Neil waited for her answer.

"I don't know", she finally said look away.

"But you should", insisted Neil while his eyes focused on  the road.

"Neil....I belong from a very small town - Patiala where even dating someone is considered as a tag of shame. I'm the only child of my parents and thus a very pampered one. My parents have always tried fulfill all my wishes yet ironically I have a wishlist", Minni said sarcastically.

"They have done everything for me except making me self reliance which I have always desired to be. I always used to think of a life where I would be the decision maker of my life instead of anyone else taking the control. Its not like I'm complaining but like any other ordinary girl I too want an independent life. I too have enormous desires which u have already seen ...which I have always wanted to live before I depart from this life. 

Being the only daughter, my parents had always been quite over protective about me. I was not allowed to take even smallest decision of my life and my parents never even asked my desire. They have always been quite conservative, superstitious and orthodox. For them their honour is much more than her daughter herself. 

After years of arguments and conflicts, my parents permitted me to come to Delhi to pursue my dream career only on a condition that I won't be indulged in any act that is considered as an act of dishonor to the family...

Neil ...I know about the spark between us but Maybe we are not destined to be together. I can't betray their trust ..their love and my promise.

Even if we get together , my parents won't approve it and I won't against them. Yes , I want to take hold of my life...but...but not at the condition of losing them.", Said Minni nostalgically.

Neil stayed stunned listening to her patiently. Her words made his thought of confessing his feelings to her unnerved.

All he could do is pat his hand on her shoulder in empathy.

With a screeching resistance, the car stopped.

Neil came out first and opened the door for Mini as he extended his hand for her to hold.

Mini held it and climbed out.

Minni felt butterflies in her stomach at the sight in front of her. It was a big event. Actually grand one, much greater than her expectations.

"Minni I'll precede you and assist you to descend the stairs"

Minni just nodded.

"You look stunning", Neil whispered to her ears. Minni just smiled in response.

As agreed, Neil preceded Minni. He held her hand guiding her down the narrow bridge stairs that met the tarmac.

Mini was a nervous wreck, but took her time, carefully negotiating the bridge stairs.

She steeled herself not to look down, a polite smile on her face, she focused on the terminal.

She looked up and saw the company's logo and pride held her heart tight.

As she reached the tarmac, she stilled. The rapid advancing throng of media petrified her. She had had her arm casually on Neil's but she quickly clasped her fingers into his. They were not quick enough to make their gateway before the bulbs flashed a hundred times taking her and Neil's picture.

"Just keep walking Minni...

Security will ensure that they don't come much ", said Neil in soothing and comforting voice.

He noticed her grip loosen ever so slightly.

"It's a launch event afterall, Media must be there ... isn't it? But the ball is a private affair.so chillax", Neil soothed her as they reached the venue.

"By the way, you look handsome today, Mr. Neil Oberoi", Minni whispered admiring his designer ice white suit and contrasting black tie. Neil just smiled.

Mini's heart sighed in relief when her eyes landed on Preet and Mickey. She felt like running to them but seeing the maintained decorum, she resisted. She wondered how different their life styles are from hers and why she had longed for it.

Finally Mickey and assisted them to a table addressing 'Oberoi Publications'.

Neil pulled the chair for Minni and then his seat beside her followed by Mickey , Preet and the entire team.

Soon the event was commenced and their work was launched in the market. Everyone applauded.

Minni felt proud. How couldn't she be , for the first time in her life everyone was applauding for her. She looked at Neil with gratitude to which Neil just blinked his  soulful eyes.

Minni realised why he was being so stubborn and concious for this work and why he had been so mad at her at a minute mistake. She praised his sincerity towards his work silently.

Soon the event was over and all the elites were taken to a grand well decorated hall with flowers and candles surrounded by beautiful aroma of fresh flowers.

Mini's dancing eyes kept adoring the place and her heart kept thanking god  for gifting her such a beautiful night.

"May I?", Asked Neil for dance as he bowed down a little and extended his hand for her.

Soon she realised that an orchestra placed in an corner had already started moving their fingers over the piano and the violen and soon some soft  peaceful music began whispering into her ears.

Her eyes landed on Preet and Mickey and some other couples who had already started to dance.

"But I don't know to dance", she murmured.

Neil just blinked his eyes as if insisting her to hold his hand.

She held it and soon they were on the dance floor.

Neil gently slidded his hand on her waist pulling her closer and she kept one hand of hers on his shoulder. They entwined their fingers with the other hand. Soon Minni got the lead and music began to flow in their veins making their feet tap with the rhythm automatically.

They danced...danced and danced. They felt like to stay in the moment, in each other's arm, without a care of the world forever but as of now destiny didn't favoured.

Soon the music stopped and everyone began applauding bringing Mineil back from their dreamland.

After a moment, a champagne was tossed. Everyone including Neil enjoyed their drink thoroughly though Minni just took a sip.

Before Mini knew it she was introduced to a dozen of elites. Though Neil never left her side. His fingers firmly and possessive clasped with hers . She had no complaints. She noticed at dinner women picked their food. Not that there was much in the plate. It seemed to be the trend to have as little as possible on the plate, the emphasize more on the designs and cuisine than on the content.

As soon as Minni got engrossed with Mickey and Preet , Neil disappeared.

After a while mini realise that.

She asked everyone she knew about him, her friends and her team. Finally a lady gave some satisfying  answer.

She pointed towards the staircase and said that she had seen him going upstairs. Mini somehow managing her long gown climbed up.

As soon as she reached her eyes stayed stunned. There was a red carpet waiting for her. Everything was decorated with flowers and rose petals. Soon she saw Neil with his hands on the railing facing the full bright moon.

"Neil", she addressed as she moved close to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

Neil turned around. Moon shone brightly on them.

"What are you doing here?"she asked confused.

Neil again put his finger over her lips and murmured.."shhhhhh".

Minni turned quiet.

"Lemme speak Today before you stop me again", he asked.

"I don't know when you turned so important for me... But u are..."

"Neil...", She murmured.

"You remember the description of that girl I gave to Mickey. That girl is you Mini... that's you."

Finally bowed down on his knees still holding her hand and confessed his heart out .

"I'm in love with you..miss Mini..

Madly in love with you", he finally confessed.

Minni stayed shocked for a while. Tears rolled down her cheeks as took her hand back.

(6wishes down, four more to go 😉)

Edited by Khushi1311 - 3 years ago

It was beautiful

The ball the proposal, mini getting ready all was described so beautifully

Mini's dress reminded me of princess in frozen movie

It was like fairy tale

Originally posted by anjali0111

It was beautiful

The ball the proposal, mini getting ready all was described so beautifully

Mini's dress reminded me of princess in frozen movie

It was like fairy tale

haha...

This means alot❤️

Glad u liked it... heartily thank you 😊😊

This was so beautiful. Just like fairy tale .Way you described Mini and her feelings was so beautiful. 

Originally posted by Krithzz

This was so beautiful. Just like fairy tale .Way you described Mini and her feelings was so beautiful. 

this means alot❤️..glad u liked it... heartily thank you 😊😊

I just have a word to say it's awesome...

Awesome update

Love it

Continue soon.

I love how you describe Mini and her emotions. You write it perfectly. Loved this. It was beautiful.  Mini looked like Disney Princess and proposal was beautiful.

Edited by sub_94 - 3 years ago

Wow beautiful update  🤗