Which genre you want to see in itv? - Page 2

Poll

Which genre you would love to watch in future?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FictionalEscape thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: YHCstan

You are randomly throwing words like ‘regressive’ without meaning it. I don’t see what is so regressive in a child bringing two people together who later fall in love. It’s a nice theme and with a proper execution and screenplay, it’s so much fun to watch. I agree that the theme has been used in a lot of shows, but hey! It’s fun to watch so I am not complaining! Haha 

About uniqueness, it’s not like all shows are copies of each other. For example, in YHM, FL was no way related to the child. In YHC, FL is the kid’s aunt. In Kehne Ko Humsafar Hai (the kids don’t exactly brings the parents together in this show), the kids are the ML’s and one parallel FL’s. In Cold Lassi, the kid’s parents are the leads. 

So ‘kid’ is the only common denominator. The kid can have different biological relationships with the leads, can have different genders, the past relationship between leads can be different etc... So there is enough uniqueness in these shows. I am sure there is no other show like the original Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and there never will be. It’s such an amazing show and I am really surprised that Sandiip is also capable of writing such good content. But then, he writes more of crime drama lol. 😆

I wrote, "This is what makes ITV boring and regressive"... Which implies that the use of similar topics repeatedly makes the audience stuck to one formula and is just not progressive. They can't creatively (I know that's the writers job😆 but the audience is stuck with one kind of thinking only; not talking about kids drama, it's in general).

Regarding uniqueness, it was obvious that the kid cannot be only of the ML or only of the FL🤣 Otherwise the shows will turn out to be the carbon copy of the previous one🤣 What I meant is it is the same kid drama, forced marriage takes place and baaki I don't know because I haven't watched😆

(I had typed a lot more but then deleted it😆 because I haven't watched so better not judge😉)

Sikku writes crime drama🤔 You mean kidnapping and murders and bomb blasts🤣

KHKT mein bhi kidnapping hua tha but the Mhatre one was splendid❤️❤️

YHCstan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sakpika

I wrote, "This is what makes ITV boring and regressive"... Which implies that the use of similar topics repeatedly makes the audience stuck to one formula and is just not progressive. They can't creatively (I know that's the writers job😆 but the audience is stuck with one kind of thinking only; not talking about kids drama, it's in general).

Regarding uniqueness, it was obvious that the kid cannot be only of the ML or only of the FL🤣 Otherwise the shows will turn out to be the carbon copy of the previous one🤣 What I meant is it is the same kid drama, forced marriage takes place and baaki I don't know because I haven't watched😆

(I had typed a lot more but then deleted it😆 because I haven't watched so better not judge😉)

Sikku writes crime drama🤔 You mean kidnapping and murders and bomb blasts🤣

KHKT mein bhi kidnapping hua tha but the Mhatre one was splendid❤️❤️

No. Watching the same content doesn’t make anyone regressive. You are using the word without understanding its meaning, if the shows promoted superstition (like the scene in KHKT where Suman meets that tantrik who predicts Sonakshi’s danger), then you can call it regressive because it is promoting backward thinking. 

I guess what you mean to say in place of regressive is repetitive. About lack of uniqueness, you can apply that to every Tv show. Every romance show also has similar templates. Even KHKT had cliched templates scenes. So yeah, all shows are a victim of it. 

About crime drama, he loves them! Haha If only KHKT lasted another year, we could have gotten to see Sonakshi save the country from a terrorist attack or Rohit getting into a skirmish with a drug lord who then vows to destroy the Sippy family. Yahi stories likha tha Sandy ne for the last 2-3 years of YHM. He bores the hell out of the audience with illogical nonsense. The last year specifically was horrendous. He wrote tracks which made no sense. Sandy is an expert in such things. 😆 And then he goes around acting like he is the flag bearer of good content. 🤣

No. Watching the same content doesn’t make anyone regressive. You are using the word without understanding its meaning, if the shows promoted superstition (like the scene in KHKT where Suman meets that tantrik who predicts Sonakshi’s danger), then you can call it regressive because it is promoting backward thinking. 

I guess what you mean to say in place of regressive is repetitive. About lack of uniqueness, you can apply that to every Tv show. Every romance show also has similar templates. Even KHKT had cliched templates scenes. So yeah, all shows are a victim of it. 

About crime drama, he loves them! Haha If only KHKT lasted another year, we could have gotten to see Sonakshi save the country from a terrorist attack or Rohit getting into a skirmish with a drug lord who then vows to destroy the Sippy family. Yahi stories likha tha Sandy ne for the last 2-3 years of YHM. He bores the hell out of the audience with illogical nonsense. The last year specifically was horrendous. He wrote tracks which made no sense. Sandy is an expert in such things. 😆 And then he goes around acting like he is the flag bearer of good content. 🤣

Nope. I am not talking about kids drama, it is in general. See, the content on television is mediocre. The shows also have a social responsibility to put sensible content out there, which makes people think. Content on TV is regressive for many reasons and that should be addressed... Drama is incorporated in every show as the audiences like that...People might argue that they are catering to smaller towns and villages in India, but if you keep showing such regressive content, how will they learn and educate themselves?! (Not talking about kids drama because I haven't watched it)

Additionally, regressive thinking does not only suggest superstition only but also other backward thinking like the practices such as dowry, discrimination against women, caste and religious barriers, non-acceptance of LGBT, etc. Not sure whether such things are promoted in shows but there aren't even addressed to order to educate.

TV is meant for entertainment obviously. But the audience doesn't get anything different other than saas bahu sagas, kids drama, etc. This is repetitive and does not allow you to think differently in different circumstances. 

I termed the content regressive not the concept! All in all, content is regressive, concept is repetitive🤣 

About KHKT's template being clichéd, to a certain extent, yes. But then the way it was presented matters. Like in the case of the Mhatre track, the kidnapping and threatening drama must be very common but how they kept up with the pace, screenplay and the dialogues was fabulous!!!

I like the nickname you have given to Sikku- Sandy🤣

But I don't buy your theory on Sonakshi and terrorist, Rohit and drug lords! It wouldn't happen If it would have, I would be the first person to exit🤣

YHCstan thumbnail

Nope. I am not talking about kids drama, it is in general. See, the content on television is mediocre. The shows also have a social responsibility to put sensible content out there, which makes people think. Content on TV is regressive for many reasons and that should be addressed... Drama is incorporated in every show as the audiences like that...People might argue that they are catering to smaller towns and villages in India, but if you keep showing such regressive content, how will they learn and educate themselves?! (Not talking about kids drama because I haven't watched it)

Additionally, regressive thinking does not only suggest superstition only but also other backward thinking like the practices such as dowry, discrimination against women, caste and religious barriers, non-acceptance of LGBT, etc. Not sure whether such things are promoted in shows but there aren't even addressed to order to educate.

TV is meant for entertainment obviously. But the audience doesn't get anything different other than saas bahu sagas, kids drama, etc. This is repetitive and does not allow you to think differently in different circumstances. 

I termed the content regressive not the concept! All in all, content is regressive, concept is repetitive🤣 

About KHKT's template being clichéd, to a certain extent, yes. But then the way it was presented matters. Like in the case of the Mhatre track, the kidnapping and threatening drama must be very common but how they Keio up with the pace, screenplay and the dialogues was fabulous!!!

I like the nickname you have given to Sikku- Sandy🤣

But I don't buy your theory on Sonakshi and terrorist, Rohit and drug lords! It wouldn't happen If it would have, I would be the first person to exit🤣

I was just giving an example of what regressive would mean. Other examples: girls not allowed to pursue higher education, dowry, western clothes=characterless women etc...

About Mhatre drama and all, well it’s was still within 100 episode range. Almost all shows I have watched have decent 50-100 episodes. 

Of course you’d not wanna buy my theory. But you gotta believe me because I have watched another show of Sickand ji and I know what he is capable of. I mean within 8 month run he showed FL saving the world by donating anti bodies. That itself was so larger than picture for me. But hey! Let’s agree to disagree if you feel otherwise. 

I was just giving an example of what regressive would mean. Other examples: girls not allowed to pursue higher education, dowry, western clothes=characterless women etc...

About Mhatre drama and all, well it’s was still within 100 episode range. Almost all shows I have watched have decent 50-100 episodes. 

Of course you’d not wanna buy my theory. But you gotta believe me because I have watched another show of Sickand ji and I know what he is capable of. I mean within 8 month run he showed FL saving the world by donating anti bodies. That itself was so larger than picture for me. But hey! Let’s agree to disagree if you feel otherwise.

The track you are taking as an example for showing what Sikku is capable of was the termination track of KHKT for which the makers got less than a month... They had several tracks to give a closure. They obviously could have ended it better but they chose a clichéd route🤔

Also, yhm, as far as I know was produced by Ekta and she is known for such nonsensical tracks. Sikku was just the writer I guess🤓 I don't think writers have much in hand, or do they?? I don't know¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I don't even know KHKT's writers' name🤣)

But KHKT is his own show. And this show came in with one of their purposes of breaking stereotypes itself. Yes, they did go saas bahu way later but I don't think he would have chosen the stupidest of stupid tracks for KHKT... Or am I expecting too much?!!🤣 

Ignoring all this, I love the promotion you gave to Sikku🤣

From Sandiip to Sandy and finally you chose Sikcand JI🤣🤣

@bold: 

I would have written the same if the 'kids drama' discussion stretched too long🤣

YHCstan thumbnail

The track you are taking as an example for showing what Sikku is capable of was the termination track of KHKT for which the makers got less than a month... They had several tracks to give a closure. They obviously could have ended it better but they chose a clichéd route🤔

Also, yhm, as far as I know was produced by Ekta and she is known for such nonsensical tracks. Sikku was just the writer I guess🤓 I don't think writers have much in hand, or do they?? I don't know¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I don't even know KHKT's writers' name🤣)

But KHKT is his own show. And this show came in with one of their purposes of breaking stereotypes itself. Yes, they did go saas bahu way later but I don't think he would have chosen the stupidest of stupid tracks for KHKT... Or am I expecting too much?!!🤣 

Ignoring all this, I love the promotion you gave to Sikku🤣

From Sandiip to Sandy and finally you chose Sikcand JI🤣🤣

@bold: 

I would have written the same if the 'kids drama' discussion stretched too long🤣

Let’s not deny that they gave one of the worst closures possible. They don’t need a year to think of a climax. A month is sufficient. Don’t cut so much slack for them. They had one job and they failed big time. 

As someone who has watched 2-3 Ekta shows, believe men when I tell you that ever since that Raima came into the show, the show was no better than your Ekta show. People are too harsh on Ekta and cut so much slack for others. The truth is everyone is making the same content. In fact everyone wants to become Ekta. So don’t blame Ekta for the poor quality of ITV. 

About Sickand ji giving special attention to KHKT, there was a time when YHM was his favourite which got all his attention and he still wrote crappy tracks. He always loved irritating sm fans by showing eveything that we’d hate. Lol 

And even though Ekta was producer, Sickand is the one writing the tracks. I don’t think Ekta interfered that much especially towards the end. So it’s his own “creativity” 😆

Rubbish tracks he wrote! My god! 

Let’s not deny that they gave one of the worst closures possible. They don’t need a year to think of a climax. A month is sufficient. Don’t cut so much slack for them. They had one job and they failed big time. 

As someone who has watched 2-3 Ekta shows, believe men when I tell you that ever since that Raima came into the show, the show was no better than your Ekta show. People are too harsh on Ekta and cut so much slack for others. The truth is everyone is making the same content. In fact everyone wants to become Ekta. So don’t blame Ekta for the poor quality of ITV. 

About Sickand ji giving special attention to KHKT, there was a time when YHM was his favourite which got all his attention and he still wrote crappy tracks. He always loved irritating sm fans by showing eveything that we’d hate. Lol 

And even though Ekta was producer, Sickand is the one writing the tracks. I don’t think Ekta interfered that much especially towards the end. So it’s his own “creativity” 😆

Rubbish tracks he wrote! My god! 

I didn't deny that the closure wasn't pleasing😆

But they got the notice on 10+ Feb I suppose and their finished shooting by 29th Feb... They had to scrap off the already shot scenes and come up with something new within 15+ days🤔 Not a suitable justification but I think I can give him a bit of leeway because of the time limit

I have not blamed Ekta for the standard of ITV... 

Since I haven't watched any of her shows, I don't know and it is not right of me to argue on this😊...

YHM was his favourite! But wasn't he writing for only that show at that time😆 Obviously the current one has to be your fav (even if diplomatic😆)

Irritating fans of SM😲 What does that mean🤓 He posted on purpose to irritate the hell out of fans🤣 WTH🤪

Chalo thik hai, he must have done some horrible stuff for yhm... But he gave me a memorable KHKT ❤️

And I don't need to justify him as if I will get the role of FL under him😆 🤣

YHCstan thumbnail

I didn't deny that the closure wasn't pleasing😆

But they got the notice on 10+ Feb I suppose and their finished shooting by 29th Feb... They had to scrap off the already shot scenes and come up with something new within 15+ days🤔 Not a suitable justification but I think I can give him a bit of leeway because of the time limit

I have not blamed Ekta for the standard of ITV... 

Since I haven't watched any of her shows, I don't know and it is not right of me to argue on this😊...

YHM was his favourite! But wasn't he writing for only that show at that time😆 Obviously the current one has to be your fav (even if diplomatic😆)

Irritating fans of SM😲 What does that mean🤓 He posted on purpose to irritate the hell out of fans🤣 WTH🤪

Chalo thik hai, he must have done some horrible stuff for yhm... But he gave me a memorable KHKT ❤️

And I don't need to justify him as if I will get the role of FL under him😆 🤣

Actually Sandiip ji wasn’t the writer of YHM. Sonali Jaffar was. Sandy was the creative director who’d come up with the track and get Ekta’s approval. That’s how it worked. 

YHM was his favourite in the sense that he is very close with the cast of YHM. It is no secret that he is a very close friend of Divyanka. No wonder he wanted to cast Divyanka in KHKT but then YHM got extended and he had to look elsewhere. 

Actually Sandiip ji wasn’t the writer of YHM. Sonali Jaffar was. Sandy was the creative director who’d come up with the track and get Ekta’s approval. That’s how it worked. 

YHM was his favourite in the sense that he is very close with the cast of YHM. It is no secret that he is a very close friend of Divyanka. No wonder he wanted to cast Divyanka in KHKT but then YHM got extended and he had to look elsewhere. 

Ohh... Lack of info from my end🤔

Cool then😛😎😎

Peace🧡🧡

Sree_mk thumbnail

I think Sandiip approached Dipika Kakar for Sonakshi role first. That time, DKI was offered for Big Boss also. She took Big Boss that time. After that only Sandiip tried to cast Divyanka for Sonakshi role. But due to extension of YHM, she couldn't take up KHKT project. After DKI won Big Boss show, Sandiip called her and she came onboard to play Sonakshi role in KHKT.These are all I mentioned above are said by Sandiip sir in one interview. So, DKI is the one first approached for Sonakshi role and i think she acted very well in that role.