Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

@awesome @mishti 

I am so sorry but I genuinely haven't been able to write much but I think I'll be able to write tomorrow and you should get an update this weekend definitely. I will try and write out the update by Saturday itself.

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 8: Small Steps

Rishabh was on his way back home. He looked at his watch. 11:25 pm. Prerna would be fast asleep. He sighed. In just 48 hours he had gone from being Prerna's pillar of support to escaping her. He didn't like the way he was behaving. He was Rishabh Bajaj, people ran from him and here he was running away from his wife, well at least wife in name. He checked his phone. She hadn't called even once today. After the way she looked in the morning he thought she would want to speak to him. But no missed calls. She didn't even bother calling and asking him if he would be home for dinner? He clicked his tongue. Why am I expecting anything from her? She doesn't care about me. She never has. She is Kukki's mom and just my business partner. Even though we are married on paper she has never considered me her husband. It's just something to show the world. Then why? why do I constantly think she would call me and care for me? Why do I have to crave her attention? I am strong and independent, I've always been. I don't need anything from anyone. What's the point of being angry about anything? Will she care? No. Rishabh's flow of thoughts was rigid, just like his decision to suppress everything his heart says. Maine kese soch liya ki woh mujhe call karegi? Kya kahegi call karke? Manaegi mujhe? Huh. Kabhi nahi. Kabhi nahi manaegi mujhe. Har baar maine hi maafi maangi hai. Har baar khudka mood mujhe hi thik karna padta hai and fir bhi main pagalon ki tarah apna phone check kar raha hu ki shayad usse meri yaad aayi ho? What a fool! His ego was big and it made a wall around his head so that he couldn't hear his heart. At the moment, his heart was wondering if Prerna was okay? He was hoping she wasn't hurting too much after their last night's conversation and that she was happy in whatever she was doing. But his heart wouldn't dare to say it out loud.

Rishabh unclocked the main door and entered quietly. He shut the door behind him trying not to make any noise. The hallway was dark and he wanted to go get something to eat. He was starving. All this escaping Prerna had messed up all his meal timings and he felt his stomach squirm and growl for food. He was about to enter the kitchen when someone switched on the light behind him. He turned to see Prerna standing behind him with weary eyes and a small stern smile.

"Aap soyi nahi abtak?" he asked with his straight face.

"Main khana laga deti hu." she said softly. "Aap change kar lijiye."

"Nahi, it's okay, I'll get myself something to eat. Aap please so jaye." he said.

"Mr. Bajaj," Prerna said walking up to him. "Maine kaha na main kar dungi? Please go change."

Something was off about Prerna, Bajaj thought. She looked worried and tired. Her eyes were weary and her tone was exhausted. Like she couldn't argue anymore. He nodded. He didn't want to trouble her anymore. He couldn't run away from her forever. He sighed and went to his room to change.

Prerna gulped. She had so much to talk to him about she didn't know where to start. In the last 24 hours she was bombarded with so much that she felt she would go crazy. She wanted to share her thoughts with Mr. Bajaj but she didn't know where to start. She didn't even know if he would be interested in hearing what she had to say. She heated the food and set the table. She tried to figure out how to start the conversation but her mind was blank. She wasn't able to sleep last night and today was a horribly tiring day for her. She had made many decisions which she didn't know were right or wrong. She just knew that she had to decide right now or it would be too late.

Mr. Bajaj came and sat down at the table. Prerna served the food. He was surprised when Prerna served food for two people.

"Aapne bhi nahi khaya abtak?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Prerna," he said looking right at her for the first time today. "Aap thik hai?" he asked.

She nodded. "Mujhe aapse kuch zaroori baat karni hai." she added.

"Pehle aap khana khaa lijiye. You look very tired."

Prerna did as he said. She hadn't realised how hungry she was until she took a bite. Mr. Bajaj ate too. There was something different about the food.

"Khana aapne banaya hai?" he asked.

Prerna's eyes shot up and met his. "Aapko kese pata?" she asked.

"Just tastes different."

"Aapke liye banaya tha. I--I wanted to apologise." she gulped.

Mr. Bajaj was confused and pleasantly surprised. Prerna had never made anything "for him". It was always for Kukki or Sneha and he happened to get some but hearing that she had made it for him got his heart beating again. He didn't want hope to flutter inside again so he tried to not make it a big deal.

"Bohot acha bana hai." he said taking another bite. It was genuinely delicious. And it was all the things that he liked to eat. He didn't smile or express any emotion.

Prerna looked down. "Thank you." she said cordially.

Rishabh focused on the food. Trying to avoid any eye contact unless necessary. There was pin drop silence as both of them ate their food. Both stole glances at each other but couldn't think of anything to say.

"Aaj kaafi busy thi aap." Rishabh stated. Mehra had called him later that evening apologising for not being at the meeting because he was stuck in 'an important meeting with Mrs. Bajaj.' Rishabh wondered what it was but didn't think it made sense to question him too much. He wondered if Prerna would talk to him about it?

Prerna nodded. "Aaj kaafi meetings the aur Anurag bhi aaya tha." she stated. "Usse kuch baat karni thi--"Sneha ke baare mein." Mr. Bajaj completed her sentence.

Prerna looked up at him, how did he know?

"Woh ghar aaye the Sneha se milne." Rishabh stated. Prerna's eyes widened.

"Don't worry," Rishabh said noticing the change in her expressions. "I stopped him. I told him to speak to you before saying anything to Sneha." Rishabh didn't want to lose out on being Sneha's father. Sneha had the same warmth Prerna had. Her innocence drew Rishabh to care for her. But he knew it wasn't his decision so he didn't want to say anything.

Prerna was relieved. "Mr. Bajaj Anurag ne aaj bohot kuch bola and--"Prerna please," Rishabh said stopping her instantly. Talking about Anurag all the time might be Prerna's best pastime but Rishabh was really not interested anymore. "I'm sorry, par mujhe Mr. Basu ke baare mein kuch baat nahi karni." He said slightly rudely.

Prerna pursed her lips. Maybe she had started off with the wrong topic. She nodded. Mr. Bajaj was almost done with his food. He waited for Prerna to finish. She looked very tired. Before Prerna could say something Mr. Bajaj said, "You should sleep. Hum kal baat kar lenge." he stated as he got up to leave.

"Mr. Bajaj," Prerna stopped him. "Aap mujhe kab batane waale the ki aap London jaa rahe hai parso?"

Rishabh stopped and turned. He knew she would find out through the kids. He even wanted her to. "I forgot." he said casually.

Prerna walked up to him. "Kya aap apna trip postpone kar sakte hai?" she asked looking extremely serious. Her brain was filled with so much at the moment.

"Sorry, I can't." He said straightaway.

Prerna tried to counter question but he stuck to his word, "Prerna, you look sick. Please sleep." he said. "Hum kal subha baat karenge." he walked off and shut the door to his room behind him.

Prerna was very irritated with herself. "Shaam se wait kar rahi hu unka. Ab jab saamne hai toh kuch keh hi nahi paa rahi." She wanted to say so many things that she didn't know how to start. Should she talk about their relation first, moving to London, her meeting with Mr. Mehra or Sneha, she didn't understand. She definitely wasn't going to start with Anurag's big revelation now.

She took a deep breath and followed after Mr. Bajaj. She knocked. She didn't wait for a response and entered his room. Mr. Bajaj sat on his arm chair lighting a cigar. Prerna's lips twitched seeing that cigar in his hand. She hated that he had started smoking again.

"Mr. Bajaj, meri baat important hai. It cannot wait till tomorrow." she gulped. She picked up a file she had left on his bedside some time back and gave it to him.

Mr. Bajaj lifted an eyebrow at his wife and took the file from her hands. He opened it and started reading the document. Prerna took a seat on the other armchair next to his. She hoped she would be able to see atleast a small smile on his face. That would be very encouraging. Seeing his cold behaviour was a little scary.

Mr. Bajaj couldn't believe what he was reading. Prerna had gotten papers ready to change Sneha's birth certificate. She wanted his name to be there instead of Anurag's. She wanted Rishabh to be Sneha's father officially. His face muscles relaxed and a small smile formed on his face. Prerna saw that and calmed down a little. But it was momentary. Rishabh's eyebrows knotted as he looked up at his wife.

"Prerna, yeh sab kya hai?"

"Kya aap yeh sign karenge?" she asked with a small smile. She lifted up the pen kept on the table and offered it to him.

Rishabh didn't waste a moment. He took the pen and signed all the papers. He gulped. He couldn't let his hopes increase. STOP he told his mind. Hope was fluttering within him and he held onto his rigidity. NO. he told his heart.

"Yeh sab achanak ku?" he asked looking grim now. What had happened to her in a single day?

"Achanak kaha hai? Maine hamesha aapko hi Sneha ka pita maana hai. Bas aaj official karna chahti hu, so that there is no doubt." she said. "Bas."

Rishabh wanted to ask her so many questions. But he didn't ask her anything. He didn't want to hear anything that would give him hope. He just wanted her to go sleep.

Anurag knocked on Komolika's door. He had had a very long day and he was in no mood to waste any time. Komolika opened the door and gave him a full smile. "Finally, tum mere paas aa hi gaye." she said naughtily.

"Shut up." he said and put forth a letter in her hands.

"What is this?" she asked, her eyebrows puckered together.

"Gift." Anurag smirked.

Komolika opened the envelope and pulled out the papers. "WHAT!" she screamed.

"Have you lost your mind?" she smirked. "Divorce?"

"Yes. And if you don't sign it peacefully and get the hell out of my life I've also prepared a case of mental torture against you." He said, anger pumping through every vein in his body.

"Raste pe aa jaoge." she warned. "And Prerna, jail mein."

"I don't care," he said coldly.

Komolika's eyes widened and she couldn't believe this. She would never let this happen.

"Kal subah tak papers sign karke mujhe de dena." he said leaving her room to leave her to lick her wounds. Komolika was obviously in shock. She didn't say a word. What just happened? she wondered.

Prerna knew she would have to say it sometime and there was no other way she could do this. "I am sorry." she said looking down.

"Kis baat ke liye?" Mr. Bajaj asked confused. He had took a puff of his cigar and blew the smoke out leaning back on his chair.

"Har chiz ke liye." she said. "Aapne kal jo kuch bhi kaha, bilkul sahi kaha."

Rishabh rolled his eyes. "Okay." he said.

"Main iss rishte ko ek mauka dena chahti hu." she said trying to meet his eye but he looked everywhere but at her.

Rishabh was taken aback. He wondered whether he had heard it right. But he didn't want to show his surprise or encourage his heart to hope again. "Prerna, yeh sab aap ku keh rahi hai? You don't have to pretend." he said.

"Exactly. I don't want to pretend. I want to be your wife." she said simply. She didn't know a better way to say this. Mr. Bajaj had actually helped. She was hopeful that he would understand.

Mr. Bajaj smirked. "Really?" he asked getting off his chair and walking towards the window. It was becoming very difficult for him to control his feelings. He wanted to believe what she was saying but his mind was adamant. She was just feeling guilty about what he said yesterday. She didn't really care. He told himself.

Prerna could sense the sarcasm in his tone. She got up too and walked up to him. "Aapne hamesha mujhe support kiya hai, hamesha mujhe ek wife ki respect di hai. Par shayad main aapko kabhi husband ki jagah de hi nahi paayi. Par ab, main sach mein--"

Prerna's words were cut by Rishabh's laugh. He put down his cigar and walked up to her. "Sach mein? Sach? Husband wife ke rishte ke baare mein kya jaanti hai aap?" he said aggressively. "Kehna bohot aasan hota hai Prerna, karna utna hi mushkil." he said. He held her hands and pulled her towards him. He put his other arm tightly around her waist.

"You want to be my wife right?" he asked. Prerna wasn't comfortable. She didn't know what had happened to him suddenly. What was this behavior? She didn't say anything. Her hands against his chest ready to push him back. But she stopped herself. She knew he was angry.

"Mr. Bajaj" she gasped. He pulled her closer, their nose brushing against each other. Prerna squeezed her eyes shut and gulped. Rishabh looked at her tense face. He was really tempted to kiss her. He could also. She had just said she wanted to be his wife. A husband can kiss his wife. So why not? He wanted to, he really did. But he knew the answer to his 'why not'. He could sense her discomfort. He could feel her anxiety. She wanted to push him back and he knew it. He could hear her heart beating faster every moment and he could feel her warm uneven breathe on his face. He loosened his hold on her and stepped back. He put his hands behind himself.

Prerna was shocked at her sudden release. Her eyes shot open. What was Mr. Bajaj trying to prove.

"Prerna, don't say things you don't mean." he said in full control. Prerna was shocked. She felt so bad about the way he was talking to her.

"Mr. Bajaj I mean it! Pati patni ka rishta sirf physical nahi hota hai. I am trying to make efforts here and aap bas har baat pe react kar rahe ho." she scolded. She wasn't weak, she wouldn't take this kind of behavior. She was ready to fight.

Rishabh rolled his eyes. "I am sorry." he said. He didn't want to fight with her. He knew she wouldn't listen to anything because she was extremely stubborn.

Prerna took a deep breath. She knew her husband. He wasn't sorry he was just trying to end this conversation. He was angry with her.

"Ab please sleep. You need to take care of yourself Prerna." He said in a calm voice. Maybe he had been too harsh on her. He was lashing out at his wife unnecessarily.

"But Mr. Bajaj mujhe aapse baat karni hai and--"And I promise kal subah main aapki poori baat sunne bina kahi nahi jaunga. But bohot late ho gaya hai and you look awful, aapko sona chahiye."

Prerna was quiet. He had promised. "Okay, goodnight." she said leaving him alone with his thoughts. She needed to properly figure out what she wanted to say to her husband. Rishabh sat down on his armchair and picked up his cigar. He opened the file again and looked at the certificate. A smile formed on his lips. Prerna wanted him to be Sneha's father, that's all that mattered. It made him feel like a part of the family again. His smile faded when he recalled what Prerna was saying about their relationship and he wondered if she really meant it. He didn't know what was going on in her mind and he was getting quite worried about her. She didn't look too good. Her eyes were sunken and her face was very dull. She looked exhausted.

Prerna sat in bed and was utterly disappointed with herself. Why couldn't she make Mr. Bajaj understand what she wanted to say? She never had trouble explaining herself before. Why couldn't she speak from her heart? He has always understood her and even today maybe he would have understood but she wasn't able to explain. She lay in bed thinking about how she would say it tomorrow. Should she move into his room? Or is it too soon for that? She wondered. She didn't know how it would be to sleep on the same bed as him. She wondered how he would react if she proposed that. Or should she just keep taking small steps, maybe get to know him better? She knew everything there was to know about his present, what she didn't know anything about was his past. He had spoken to her a little about his ex-wife but she didn't know anything more. She had never asked. Maybe that would be a good place to start. Maybe she could tell him more about her past and that would encourage him to share too?

She slept with these thoughts in her mind. It was a deep sleep. She had actually have a rough couple of days.

"Papa!" Sneha said shaking her dad. "Papa utho." she said again a little louder. Mr. Bajaj's eyes fluttered open as he saw his worried daughter looking down at him. He sat up in bed and looked at his watch. It was just 8 am. Today was Sunday, why was Sneha up so early?

"Kya hua?" he asked lazily.

"Chalo aap mere saath." she said tugging at his hand.

"Par hua kya Sneha?" he asked as she pulled him out of the room.

"Woh mumma bathroom mein hai, shayad unki tabyat kharab hai." she said.

Rishabh recalled her tired face from last night. He rushed to Prerna as soon as Sneha told him.

Rishabh barged into the room and saw Prerna sitting in bed holding her head. She looked at him surprised. "Aap itni subah subah kese uth gaye?" she asked pulling herself up on her feet.

Anger shot up Rishabh's neck. He ran to her side and held her. He touched her forehead. "Prerna aapko bohot tez bukhar hai. Baithiye." he said making her sit down again. He sat next to her and pulled out a thermometer. Sneha looked worried about her mom and walked up to her too.

"Main thik hu Mr. Bajaj aap--"Kuch thik nahi hai!" Rishabh scolded. "Hadh karti hai aap hamesha. Kal se keh raha hu aapko rest karna chahiye, koi baat nahi sunti aap kisiki."

"Meri baat--"Prerna aapki health se zyada zaruri nahi hai koi baat!" he was very angry with her. "Sabka dhyaan rakhna hai aapko bas khudke alawa. Ab koi baat nahi sunni mujhe aapki. Aur jesa main kahunga ab aap wesa hi karengi, samjhi?" he scolded, his eyes glaring at her.

Prerna looked down apologetically. "Sorry, meri wajah se aapko--"Kya kaha maine abhi!" he stopped her again. "Chup." he said sternly. He put the thermometer in her mouth and let her lie down. Sneha who stood next to the bed watching this started grinning. It seemed funny to her that her father was scolding her mother like she scolded Sneha.

"Aap ku hass rahi hai?" Rishabh asked looking at Sneha sternly.

"Aap mumma ko daat rahe ho isliye." she giggled.

"Haan ku ki mumma meri koi baat nahi sunti." he said glaring at Prerna again. Prerna narrowed her eyes at Rishabh. She wanted to tell him not to scold her in front of Sneha atleast. What would she think? But she didn't dare. She could see so much worry on his face at the moment.

He pulled the thermometer out and was astonished to see her temperature. "Prerna aapko 102 degrees bukhaar hai. Main abhi doctor ko bulata hu." he said getting up. Prerna held his hand and tugged at it.

"Nahi," she stopped him. "Bas weakness hai, I'll rest toh thik ho jayega and--"

Prerna watched Mr. Bajaj's expressions change from worry to anger again and she stopped talking. She didn't want to get scolded again.

"Prerna!" He said sternly.

"Nahi thik hai, bula lijiye doctor ko. It's better to be sure." she said quickly before he could say more.

Sneha laughed watching her mom. Rishabh rolled his eyes and left to get his phone.

Prerna sighed and looked at Sneha. "Bohot hass rahi ho aaj!" she taunted playfully.

Sneha bit her lip and grinned goofily at her mother. "Aap papa se darte ho na?"

Prerna's eyes widened, "Bilkul nahi!" she said immediately. She was not scared of anybody. But how did Mr. Bajaj even know she was sick? She thought.

"Tumne hi bataya na papa ko?" she asked narrowing her eyes.

Sneha nodded innocently. "Jab aap washroom mein ulti kar rahi thi toh meri aankh khul gayi. Main bas darr gayi thi isliye papa ko utha diya."

"Sneha, beta main thik hu, aapko papa ki neend nahi kharab nahi chahiye thi." Prerna said sitting up in bed again.

"Acha?" Rishabh said standing at the door with his eyebrows knotted.

"Sneha," he said walking to the bed, "Bilkul thik kiya aapne."

He looked at Prerna. "Aur aap." he said sternly, "Ku nahi batana chahiye tha mujhe? Sab kuch aapko hi karna hota hai na? Ghar mein staff hai fir bhi dinner aapko banana zaruri tha! Raat ko khana bhi aapko hi garam karna tha. Sab aapko khud karna hota hai toh fir ku khud apna dhyaan nahi rakh sakti? Aur ab jab bimar hai toh Sneha mujhe bataye bhi na. Prerna, yeh umeed nahi thi mujhe aapse." He said frustrated.

"Mr. Bajaj," Prerna said placing a hand on his hand. "Calm down. I am okay, sirf bukhaar hi toh hua hai?" She said casually. Sneha was feeling bad now that her mom was getting scolded so much. "Haan papa, aap mumma ko mat daato." She said placing a hand on Prerna's shoulder.

Mr. Bajaj realized that maybe he had said too much. He snapped out of it. "I'm sorry." he told Prerna calmly. "Main aapke liye breakfast le aata hu." he said getting up.

Prerna smiled looking at him walk out. She didn't know why she was smiling but she was.

Hi guys! Firstly, I would like to apologise for not being around to update sooner πŸ˜³ I was just a little tied up with office work for a while. But since I had the chapter points ready (which I make in advance, thankfully) I didn't take much time to write this chapter πŸ˜† 

I hope you guys like it ! Waiting for your feedback β€οΈ Thank you πŸ€—

Regards,

Manjari

Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Okay he is mad at her but in a good way *what a relief* 😌

She wants to officially make him Sneha’s father and become his wife 

That stunt that RB pulled by trying to forcefully kiss her scared me for a minute that she will run away but I am glad that didn’t happen. πŸ˜†

Now RB, Kukki and Sneha will take care of her like a family 

Komo πŸ€”πŸ€’

I really enjoyed the update Manjari πŸ€—

Edited by Niyati_T - 3 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Ah I enjoyed the update so much πŸ˜‹β™₯οΈπŸ’œ

Aww Prerna is sick chalo issi bahane bajju apna flight bhi cancel kar dega πŸ€£

CutiepieHarshad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wonderful update😊

Loved RB and prerna confrontation

Sneha is sweetheart 

update soon 

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

nice update,  i hope Prerna can explain properly to RB about her feelings.

crazyforu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Loved it awesome update

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Very nice update. I loved the scene between Rishab and Prerna in their room. It was so like the character of Mr bajaj and yes Prerna needs to figure out a better way to talk to Mr bajaj. 

Most important the fact that she was not able to tell him about the whole Anurag so called sacrifice is scaring me. Lets hope for the best.

Edited by Tvfanatic85 - 3 years ago
Messi21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Prerna will now hopefully realize how much Mr Bajaj loves her. Wonderful update 

Please update the next part soon

This part ..

Kiss her dammit !! 

Thoda ajeeb hoga for them but she will understand what this relation means to her and his emotions more evidently .

And the domesticity of this part is lovely !! 

Sneha rishabh Bajaj 😍