Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Double update! 

The tension between PreRish was so palpable and it further increased my curiosity. 

Rishabh desperately wants a second chance and won't allow intruders in their life. I absolutely adore this aspect of him. ❤️

Hope flashbacks reveal the backstory soon. 

P.S. A is annoying. 🥱

Hahaha you're so biased against A 🤣Poor guy is so clueless! But well, I'm not too fond of him either. 

I am so glad you enjoyed the updates Shruti! 

Yes the next three chapters will cover mostly all flashbacks and the story will proceed quicker post that. 

Thank youu for your comment! ❤️

Edited by MrsRishabhBajaj - 4 years ago
MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Prerna came to apologize and Bajaj kind of accepted that he is lonely.

His past😭

No wonder he prefers being alone. 

Prerna started understanding him & respecting him.

I like the easy flow of conversations between them. 

Nice update about the past.

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

The heated argument between Bajaj & Anurag.

Bajaj is not ready to answer. But will Anurag rest without having an answer?

They have come close to each other in this wedding.

I liked her explanation of the happy tears in Bidaai.

How lonely he has been all his life, even when he was a kid. 

To not miss affection as you never know about it is so damn heartbreaking🥺

She hugs him, his first step to affection. no wonder he had tears in his eyes.

They would keep in touch👍🏼

Nice update again. Continue soon.

Originally posted by: MR21

Prerna came to apologize and Bajaj kind of accepted that he is lonely.

His past😭

No wonder he prefers being alone. 

Prerna started understanding him & respecting him.

I like the easy flow of conversations between them. 

Nice update about the past.

Thank you so much for your feedback 🤗

Originally posted by: MR21

The heated argument between Bajaj & Anurag.

Bajaj is not ready to answer. But will Anurag rest without having an answer?

They have come close to each other in this wedding.

I liked her explanation of the happy tears in Bidaai.

How lonely he has been all his life, even when he was a kid. 

To not miss affection as you never know about it is so damn heartbreaking🥺

She hugs him, his first step to affection. no wonder he had tears in his eyes.

They would keep in touch👍🏼

Nice update again. Continue soon.

Thanks you 🤗

Anurag is the only one that understands Rishabh at the moment. He knows that it wasn't the right time to ask his questions. He was just frustrated himself that time. 

Yay! So glad you liked the bidai explanation. I was so close to deleting that part. I didn't know if it made proper sense. 

Chapter 7: Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Rishabh didn’t understand how to calm himself down. Prerna’s words still echoed in his head and he couldn’t make his peace with it. He wanted to scold her. He wanted to force her to love him. Her words were making him hate himself. She hates me. He thought. How did I lose her? How could I be so careless with her? One good thing I had in my life. One precious priceless thing and I let her go. Tears flooded his eyes and he could feel the silence of the house suffocating him again. He could feel his heart filling with self loathe and himself drowning in loneliness.

His only solace were those memories of Prerna. Her peaceful presence. Her big brown doe eyes. He had a few fond memories that he played back in his head. It brought him to bliss.

*Flashback*

It had been a week since the wedding and Rishabh had been checking his phone every hour. Why hadn’t she messaged or called? She said we would stay in touch! It’s been a week. He was unsure whether he should be the one to message first. Wouldn’t it expose his intense vulnerability? He felt awkward because for the first time he wanted someone to be a part of his life, so desperately wanted some’s attention. Earlier it was always him trying to get rid of the attention he got from girls trying to get him in bed. And now, he couldn’t sit peacefully. He was always jumpy whenever his phone rang.

At work he often lost focus and delved into their old conversations in Goa. He could still so clearly picture her in the moonlight at the beach. His staff was perplexed seeing their boss, who didn’t let go of even the smallest errors, completely disregarding all the small errors and mistakes. All of them were wondering what is wrong with their boss. Rishabh waited. He wanted her to message. He often went to her whatsapp profile and looked at her display photo. It was a photo of her hugging her mother.

Finally on a Saturday evening while he was in a meeting his phone beeped. He almost instantly checked it mid-sentence.

Hi, how have you been? It was from Prerna. His heart fluttered and a full smile crept up on his face. Peace finally. He sighed and looked up at 5 of his colleagues just staring at him. Their boss who never put anything above discipline and work was (a) checking is phone while discussing a company take over & (b) smiling.

Rishabh put on his straight face realising how stupid he looked. “So that’s all for today.” He announced.

“But sir we haven’t completed all the pointers” Mr. Roy stated.

“Something important has come up. We will continue on Monday.” He said as he left the conference room.

Rishabh’s heart was somersaulting in his chest as he typed in the response.

Hi, I’m good. Did you miss me?

Almost instantly it turned blue. A general reply would be I’m good how are you?

Rishabh smiled sitting in his cabin. But then, what is general about me? I’m extraordinary.

Again an instant reply. Wow, how modest.

Rishabh felt so happy that he couldn’t stop smiling.

So answer my question, did you miss me?

No. She replied.

Rishabh frowned.

Ouch that hurt. He replied.

Hahaha good! So what are you upto? Prerna said changing the subject.

Just wrapping up work.

Great! So how about Vada Pav near Marine drive?

Generally, Rishabh would have refused. He was in Bandra. It would take him forever to reach Marine drive with Mumbai traffic.

I will pick you up in 30 minutes send me your address.

Prerna replied back with her address.

Okay make that an hour. I’m in Bandra.

Haha, wow! I’m surprised you actually agreed to come.

Well, that’s because I missed you.

Rishabh’s heart raced as he sent that message. He could be absolutely honest with her but it scared him. He had never been this vulnerable in front of anyone. He picked up his coat and left. The driver pulled up the car as soon as he saw Rishabh. He got out and opened the back door for Rishabh to get in. Rishabh hadn’t driven in months. He didn’t like driving and especially not on Bombay roads. But being alone in the car with Prerna was something he couldn’t pass on.

“Tum chutti kar lo, main gaadi le jaunga.” He told the driver. He sat in the car and his phone beeped again.

I missed you too. She had just replied.

*Flashback End*

Prerna reached home and locked her room behind her. She had stopped crying but her heart was still sinking. She sat by the window and shut her eyes. Her mind didn’t stop, it cried on. Why did he have to say he missed me? Why did he have to come so close again? Why does my heart still race when he is near me? Why did I still want to hug him today? Prerna hated this feeling. She felt weak. I am not a weak lady. I am strong and independent. I don’t need him. I hate this feeling I get every time when he is around me. I always feel like leaning on him. Like I’m tired of running away from him. But I can’t do this. She shut her eyes and tried to calm her mind down. She had gone down the memory lane again. Their first memories in Mumbai.

*Flashback*

Prerna had waited a whole week. She was getting frustrated now. Her mind had thought of all possible responses. How could he just forget about me so soon? I thought he’d call by now. Does he not think about me at all. Prerna had been lost since was back. The warmth she felt when she hugged him was still with her and she was waiting to feel that way again. She wanted to feel her heartbeat so loudly again. She wanted to see him.

Main bhi toh use message kar sakti hu! Why am I waiting? I’m a modern woman. I don’t need to wait for him to message me. But then her thoughts stopped. But what if he actually hasn’t thought about me? She wondered. No I won’t message. She thought. But finally on Saturday she decided to stop waiting like an idiot and just message. Hi, how have you been? As she hit the send button she wondered what he would be doing. Probably working as usual.

She saw the blue ticks against her message almost immediately but there was no reply. Is he with another girl? She wondered. It is Saturday night he could be out. She answered her own question. She was just about to press the home button when she saw he was typing.

Hi, I’m good. Did you miss me?

Prerna read the message twice. She smiled.

A general reply would be I’m good how are you?

But then, what is general about me? I’m extraordinary.

“Wah! Apni tarif khud hi” she said out loud sitting in her room by the window in her regular spot.

Wow, how modest. She replied..

So answer my question, did you miss me?

Prerna’s heart skipped a beat. She thought about so many replies – (a) Yes I haven’t stopped thinking about you. Too direct.  She thought

(b) Yes, kinda. Naa too creepy. She back spaced again. Then she sent -

No.

Ouch that hurt. He replied.

Prerna laughed. He’s crazy. She thought and then typed her response.

Hahaha good! So what are you upto?

Just wrapping up work.

Prerna wanted to meet. She took a deep breath and decided to meet. As she sent the message she hoped he wouldn’t refuse. It would pinch hard.

Great! So how about Vada Pav near Marine drive?

I will pick you up in 30 minutes send me your address.

Prerna read the message and her heart leapt in joy. She would get to meet him again. Prerna replied back with her address.

Okay make that an hour. I’m in Bandra.

Oh he would take another hour. She read and sat down again. She had already run to her dressing table to get ready. She replied.

Haha, wow! I’m surprised you actually agreed to come.

Well, that’s because I missed you.

This reply gave Prerna butterflies in her stomach and if she could see her face in that moment she would know that she had already fallen for Rishabh. Her face was red, even a blush on couldn’t do what his words had done. She wondered what she should reply. Should she accept it too? Or should she just wait for him to come get her? Why was a reply necessary now? The conversation was over.

But she couldn’t keep herself from reading that message again and again. And she ended up responding. I missed you too.

Prerna got ready and kept looking at her watch. It has just been 30 minutes. He will take time. She told herself. She opened her book and sat in her usual spot. But she couldn’t concentrate on her book. She kept looking down from her window waiting for a car to pull over into the building. Her window was facing the road and on the 2nd floor so she could easily see when he pulled over. She kept looking every 10 minutes. As soon as his car pulled up she checked herself one last time in the mirror and ran out of the flat saying bye to her mom in a hurry.

Rishabh made sure it was the right address and took out his phone to call her when he saw her walking upto the car. She looked absolutely gorgeous once again. She wore a simple red salwar suit and had a huge smile on her face. He got out of the car and opened the door to the passenger seat. “How did you know I was here?” He asked. Prerna bit her lip. Shit! I should have waited for him to call. What an idiot. “Umm.. I actually saw you were here.” She said. She turned around and pointed to her window. “That’s my room. So I was reading my book and saw you pull up.”

“Oh! So you weren’t actually waiting for me at the window?” He asked playfully. It was so nice to see her again. Rishabh thought.

“Ofcourse not. Why would I do that?” Prerna answered hurriedly.

“No reason.” Rishabh said, a little disappointed. Prerna sat inside and Rishabh sat too. As he drove on there was a weird silence where both of them didn’t know what to say. Distance had made the heart grow fonder. But the heart was still in denial. Not willing to embrace the feeling it held.

“So..?” Prerna started hoping he would say something.

Rishabh realised too that the silence had been awkward so he said what he was thinking on the way, “You know I’m driving after months? And it actually feels so good!”

Prerna grinned. “So generally you’re chauffeured around?”

Rishabh nodded. “Mumbai ke rasto pe gaadi chalana mazaak thodi hai.”

“Haan woh toh hai!” Prerna laughed. She realised that something was different. Something had changed in the time they were away. She felt different around him now, it was all more special.

Rishabh, on the other hand, was having the best time in the world. Prerna’s presence made everything in his life better.

It was 9 pm when they reached marine drive. Rishabh struggled to park his car while Prerna laughed. “I did not think this through.” He said frustrated.

“Itna mushkil bhi nahi hai.” Prerna said.

“Parallel Parking kyun banaya bhagwan ne!” Rishabh rolled his yes.

“You know this is the first time I’m seeing you struggle with something!” Prerna grinned.

“Tum toh ese bol rahi ho jese mujhe saalon se jaanti ho!” Rishabh said trying again.

Prerna turned red again. She didn’t understand why she ended up passing such comments every time. She looked at Rishabh. Why is he seeming so cute suddenly? Just look at him. Why do I feel my heart fluttering looking at him. Poor guy is struggling to park and I am just looking at him. What an idiot I am!

Prerna leaned towards Rishabh placed her hand on the stearing and turned it more to the right. “Ab back karo.” She said looking back. Rishabh could now smell her perfume. It was a warm rose smell. He looked at her with the warmest eyes and when she turned towards him again she froze. They were so close. Their eyes were fixed on each other. No one said anything only their eyes spoke. Their eyes connected and magic happened.

“Peeche lo,” Prerna muttered still looking into his eyes.

“Haan,” Rishabh replied with his eyes still fixed to hers.

“Reverse gear!” Prerna said widening her eyes a little.

“Haan,” Rishabh said so lost in her eyes that he had forgotten where they were.

It was a blissful moment until the cars behind started to honk. Rishabh’s trance broke and Prerna blushed. Rishabh turned crimson red as he reversed the car and Prerna then turned the stearing completely left. “Ab aage karlo.” She said.

He went forward his eyes back on her. She looked happy. She turned the steering back slowly and “Perfect!” she said and turned to look at Rishabh. “Chale? Vada Pav!” She said turning to open the door.

Prerna felt her palms sweat. It was like someone had turned up the heat in the car. She got out of the car ad touched her face to push her dirty thoughts out. Rishabh shook his head as he got out of a car. It felt as if he had just come out of a dream. He felt fuzzy in his head. They walked in silence to the vada pav stall and asked for 2 vada pavs.

Marine drive was lighted up and many people sat there chit-chatting. Some had their arms around their women, some held hands as they walked, and here two people walked with some distance between them, stealing glances at each other, biting into their vada pavs.

Rishabh lovingly watched Prerna eat her Vada Pav. She took bigger bites than she could fit in her mouth and looked even cuter. Prerna caught him staring. She chewed faster and then asked, “Ku ghoor rahe ho?”

“Tum bilkul bacho ki tarah khaa rahi ho,” he grinned.

Prerna looked down hoping her blush was invisible.

They walked on. As Rishabh watched her eat he noticed some guys walking behind Prerna laughing and smoking. Rishabh, instinctively, put his arm around her waist and pulled her towards him, while shooting a death stare at the guys warning them not to try anything inappropriate. Prerna, who was oblivious to it all, stared at him wide-eyed. Her heart and mind both racing to understand what just happened. The guys smoked on and left. Rishabh realised that maybe they weren’t going to try to do anything. He was just being over-protective.

“Rishabh?” Prerna said trying to get his attention.

He looked at her. “Yeah?” not realising that he hadn’t removed his hands from her waist. Prerna didn’t know how to say this. Her heart began beating louder and louder.

Rishabh noticed Prerna’s discomfort and then realised that he was holding her tightly. He let go with a jerk. “Sorry!” he blurted.

“Kya hua?” she asked.

“Kuch log tumhare peeche chal rahe the. Woh theek nahi lag rahe the.” He said sternly.

Prerna looked at the group of men walking ahead of them. He was being protective. She realised. She smiled shyly. “Thank you.”

Rishabh smiled at her too. “It was my pleasure.”

Prerna looked at him as he walked with his hands in his pocket. The silence was back and both of them tried to think of something to talk about. They were both running away from their feelings, not wanting to feel it. Not wanting to talk about it or even think about it. So they were at a loss of words.

Prerna finally broke the silence, “So, how is your work going?”

“It’s good. We are taking over a huge company next week.” He said.

“Acha, toh isliye busy the itne din?”

Rishabh nodded. “Not exactly busy, but haan, kaafi strategies banani thi.” He explained.

“Toh mujhe message ku nahi kiya?” she asked looking at him.

Rishabh wanted to curse himself. Such a good negotiator and such a silly human! Bol deta busy tha. Ab explain karo. Ese bhi nahi aata explain karna.

He thought of something better.

“Tumne bhi toh nahi kiya, busy thi?” he asked.

“Haw! Maine hi toh aaj message kiya!”

“Toh? Pehle ku nahi kiya?”

“Kyuki mujhe laga tum busy the!” she exclaimed.

There it is, perfect. Rishabh thought.

“Same. Mujhe bhi laga tum busy hogi logo ko psycho-analyse karne mein.”

Prerna realised what Rishabh had just done and looked at him angrily.

“Not fair!” she said.

Rishabh laughed.

“You are so irritating!” She said.

“and you’re so cute” Rishabh said looking at her with love.

“Don’t try and flatter me now.” Prerna said. “Mujhe nahi baat karna tumse.” She turned away.

Rishabh grinned. She is so cute when she is angry.

“Acha,” he said making her turn towards him. “Batao, kya puchna hai?”

She looked up. “Mujhe kuch nahi puchna.” She said.

Rishabh laughed. “Consider yourself lucky,” he said, “Main sabko itne sawal puchne ka haq nahi deta.”

“Toh mujhe ku diya?” she asked looking up.

“Ku ki life mein pehli baar koi mila,” Rishabh said, as sincerely as he could, “Jisse main sab kuch batana chahta hu.”

Prerna could see the honesty in his eyes. She was smitten with his honestly and genuineness. She kept looking at him thinking about what he just said.

“Bas Prerna,” Rishabh said playfully now, “Itna blush karogi toh log galat samjhenge.” He said leaning closer.

Prerna looked away shyly. “Aur kuch puchna hai?” he asked. He was in the mood to answer all her questions now. To make her smile and blush.

She shook her head. Rishabh held her hand, “Mujhe kuch kehna hai par,” he said.

“Life mein mujhe kabhi bhi nahi laga that I need someone. I always thought ki main akela hi acha hu. But last one week se I haven’t been able to think about anyone other than you. Aur ab lag raha hai ki shayad you make my life better.” He slowly lifted the hand he was holding and kissed it sending chills down Prerna’s spine. Her heart was beating loudly and she was afraid her knees would give in anytime. She couldn’t find any words.

Rishabh stepped closer to her still holding her hand. He leaned in and whispered in her ear, “Now the ball is in your court, Dr. Sharma.”

Prerna didn’t know what to do. Her mind was definitely frozen and her heart was giving her all kinds of signals – fear, nervousness, excitement, thrill, goosebumps, anxiety. She didn’t know what to say. The only instinct she had was to run so she went for it. She turned to run but he was holding her hand. Rishabh pulled at it and she twirled back into his arms. “We shouldn’t run in the middle of the game,” he whispered. “Your turn.” He said.

Rishah’s heart was thudding as loud as Prerna’s was. He had not planned it. It had started as a way to tease her but then it just happened. It was so clear to him as he spoke to her that he had to complete it. He now knew what he wanted. He had taken a bold step not knowing what she would say. Say yes Miss Psycho. Say yes to us once. Give it a shot. It might be the best thing you ever did. He could have said all of this but he wanted this to be her decision. He was suddenly absolutely clear on what he wanted. He knew, he wanted her in his life, forever.

Prerna’s eyes were shut. She really didn’t understand all the complex feelings going inside her. She knew she was attracted to him but all this was happening too fast. She had never even dated a guy and this man here had just kissed her hand and stolen her heart away with his words. She wanted to say yes but there was a big fear. She finally decided to be honest because Rishabh had always been straightforward with her.

“Rishabh,” she said slowly lifting her eyes up to meet his. She took a step back and Rishabh loosened his hold. “Yeh sab—yeh sab bhot naya hai mere liye,” she said. Rishabh put both his hands in his pocket and listened intently. He didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. “I like you a lot.” She accepted. She was trying to say everything in the best possible way hoping he wouldn’t feel bad. But she didn’t understand how to go forward. She gulped. “Main tumhare saath aur time spend karna chahti hu par—“Shh” Rishabh said realising how uncomfortable Prerna was getting. “That’s all I want too,” he said smiling, “For now.” He added. Prerna smiled relieved that he understood.

“Wese Miss Psycho, you’re really bad at expressing your own feelings, being a therapist.” Rishabh grinned. He needed to lighten the mood so she could be comfortable. Prerna grinned too. “Padhai thik se nahi ki kya?” he joked.

Prerna looked at him and narrowed her eyes. “Top kiya tha maine.” She said.

“Oh!” Rishabh said, “Toh matlab college hi kharab tha” he was enjoying the changes in her expressions.

Her nostrils flared and she looked at him with a frown. “Kuch nahi kehna college ke defence mein?” Rishabh asked.

“Mithibai College of arts se padhi hu main. And tumne Amity se Bachelors kiya hai” She said folding her arms across her chest. “Aur mujhe bolne ki zarwat nahi hai ki Amity mein kese students padhte hai..” she said.

Rishabh smirked thinking Smart & Sassy. Just made for me.

He folded his hands in Namaste and bent before her. “Tum jeeti, ab chale?” he asked. Prerna smiled. Happy with her victory. “Follow me.” She said walking ahead.

Hi Guys! I hope you enjoy the update 😎 Do leave your comments and feedback! ❤️ I hope you guys are liking how the story is proceeding. 

This chapter is dedicated to every PreRish Fan who has been waiting for some romance between them in the show, including me! So I hope you can feel the whole chemistry I tried to create. 

Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I want to eat Vada pav at marines now 😭

Abh main thoda roungi phir aache se comment karungi 🥺

Maine pancake kha liya, now I feel better so I will update my comment 😎

Pehli date Marine Drive pe! Hayeeee 

Rishabh being protective towards her when those boys were looking at her inappropriately!! Hayeeee 

Becahara, Bandra se town tak aa gaya isske chakkar main, vo bhi khud gadi chala ke and he can’t park his car in parallel parking 🤣

These two were so good together, then why did they part their ways? 🥺

Edited by Niyati_T - 4 years ago
Ghosh.M. thumbnail

Hayee Marine Drive ki Vada Pao😛

Prerna is so cute... Rishabh confessed It was so dreamy... Their drive, walk, his possessiveness everything was dreamy.

Please update soon I want to know what happened between them jo unhe is mod par la kar khada kar diya

jannatsara thumbnail

Confession at first date. First date pei sixer.well done rishab.👏👏

prena why r u confused? U r madly love with him that’s why u eagerly waiting for him and can't concentrate your book.

Love the parking moment , protecting and possessive rishab,texting and teasing moment. 

Update soon.okay??