Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

If anyone wants to see Kaveri's latest live interview, it's available on @sbsabpnews IG. 

UPDATE!!!🥳

Ritvik will be live with ABP news tomorrow at 1pm IST.

Kaveri will be live with Pinkvilla tomorrow at 4pm IST.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-wygIiB3eN/?igshid=1h7zkuf3ds0gq

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aquaHP

It seems like your question had been in my subconscious mind and I got reminded of a scene from the show "Nisha aur uske cousins". I hope my narration of the plot will make some sense.

There was a scene in the show where the mother of Nisha's romantic interest, Kabir, comes to meet his son. Long story short, she doesn't know that they both are married but she got introduced to Nisha when she helps her out in a situation. Her son tells her that he is friends with her husband, rather than telling her that they got married in unforeseen circumstances. 

By this time in the story, Kabir and Nisha have been married for almost 2-2½months and are very comfortable with each other. Nisha is making kheer for his mom in the kitchen. She tastes the kheer and then gets Kabir to taste it too. He gives a 👍🏼. His mom gets shocked to see that because the guy never eats anyone's jootha. Then, she intelligently asks Nisha's favourite colour which he knows when he doesn't know his mom's favourite colour or couldn't remember his ex's either. That's how the mother finds out that her son loves the girl.

They basically showed that consciously/unconsciously, he does and notices things about Nisha that he has never cared to notice about anyone, not even his mom who is the only family he has ever known and he claims to love her very much.

Do you think KuKu could have scenes that portray that there are some things Kunal will only ever do for Kuhu and no one else? Can that be an indication of his love?? 

Nisha Aur Uske Cousins will always have my whole ❤️

Ideally, for Kunal and Kuhu, that would've been Kunal remembering about Kuhu's walnut allergy that even the writers conveniently forgot about (I STILL can't get over the fact that they completely forgot about that. Like HOW do you forget that?! You'd think that at least the actors would remember and point it out?!). Like Abir said, "careful unke saath raha jaata hai, jinka khayal rakhna chahte ho." I want to see Kunal take care of Kuhu, without feeling bad about missing out on anything else, like his work or the rest of his family. 

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

Nisha Aur Uske Cousins will always have my whole ❤️

Ideally, for Kunal and Kuhu, that would've been Kunal remembering about Kuhu's walnut allergy that even the writers conveniently forgot about (I STILL can't get over the fact that they completely forgot about that. Like HOW do you forget that?! You'd think that at least the actors would remember and point it out?!). Like Abir said, "careful unke saath raha jaata hai, jinka khayal rakhna chahte ho." I want to see Kunal take care of Kuhu, without feeling bad about missing out on anything else, like his work or the rest of his family. 

I can't believe I found another NAUC fan!!!😵

So true!!! I wish there had been a scene about the walnut allergy. How could they forget that?? Dil ki baat keh di, Meera! So want to see Kunal take care of Kuhu 🙈🙈

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@Meera and Aqua: I'm really enjoying following your discussion! I feel like I am becoming the annoying Pollyanna of this AT, but when it comes to moments that show how well Kunal knows Kuhu/things he does only with her, we have actually seen quite a few! 

No arguments on the walnut allergy though, that will forever remain an indefensible travesty. 🤬Some of the other moments though: 

The first time he called her a rainbow, he was talking about how she gives colour coordination tips on her social media, and he even suggested one to Abir.

He left a meeting and rushed to her side when he heard she was in trouble -- which he doesn't even do for Nanu 😉

He definitely stalks her on social media and we have ample proof of this. "Frequent flyers hotel mein itna check in nahi karte honge jitna tum online check in karti ho" but how would you know, Kunal, and why are you complaining when you clearly keep using it to track her down? 

He dresses up for her and cares how he looks. Whether it was when he asked Abir and Nanu how he looked in his casual look before meeting her for coffee, or his "Italian" suits, he tries to dress to impress her totally of his own volition, which I am pretty sure he doesn't do for anyone else. 

He changed his entire diet 

When he imitates her or teases her, he is always on the nose about her personality, like when he sniffed out that she couldn't possibly have thought of a theme for the MA sangeet and not shouted it from the rooftops. In general, his sense of humour and wit blossom around her. He loves to tease her and provoke their zany back and forth and missed it when she stopped indulging him during the two month leap. 😆

He is brutally honest with her. Whether it was confessing to spiking the drink or immediately venting about his birth truth, we haven't seen him hold much back from Kuhu. 

When they were in the car and Kuhu was quiet, he recognised that it was absurd for him to have been the only one talking for the last ten minutes, and for Kuhu to be so quiet. 

And my personal favorite:

At the resort, he recognised that she was the event planner, purely based on her planning style. That's how closely he's observed how she does things.  And of course, we can't forget how he just about bursts with pride every time someone praises Kuhu or her work. 

I am sure there are more that I am forgetting right now, so please add to the list! 

aquaHP thumbnail

Oh Sam!! Tussi to dil khush kar dita!! 

(Did I say it right? I don't know proper Punjabi and the amount I do know is because of the number of punjabi songs I have heard courtesy friends and because I live in NCR where people just mix up all available languages for some reason)

In my last post, I had been thinking of adding that he is super vulnerable in front of Kuhu. She is the only one to ever see his head vs heart battle but then I got flashbacks of his emotional scenes with Abir and I wasn't so sure anymore.

I'm going to try and counter your points to make this interesting because I am not in a mood to support Kunal for some reason. (Reason: saw the Ritvik's "Mere liye" nod too many times and I need to get that cuteness out of my system, so bear with me). Also, I just realised that what Meera really wants is Kunal to put Kuhu above everyone else and not just above himself, which is going to be a long journey because banda to shaadi ke liye commitment karne se pehle bhi maa se poochhta hai.

Counters:

1. Can't think of one for rainbow. Does he call Abir a superhero or something??

2. He left the *cough* humma *cough* when Meenu called. Nanu ke liye to Kunal ne waise bhi zyada kuchh nahi kiya hai. 

3. He has stalked Abir as well but just to check up on him and not to know what he is doing because he won't tell him🙄

4. He has always cared about how he looks. Dude probably used to use a hairdryer before he even knew her.

5. He used to healthy at the beginning of the show, no? He just imbibed her ket0 diet. Health freak to pehle se nahi tha kya?? I don't remember this.

6. The imitation thing to he has done for Meenu, maami and other characters too. 

7. Wasn't he always honest with Mishti too because he hated her so much and absolutely did not care what she thought about him?? I just refuted myself, didn't I? He cares about Kuhu's opinions of him but but but he has already done so many bad things that I think he believes that nothing else can be worse than that.

8. Bas aur nahi hai. I think the cuteness is out of my system. Or not. Who even am I?? *Pulling my hair out*

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Meera and Aqua: I'm really enjoying following your discussion! I feel like I am becoming the annoying Pollyanna of this AT, but when it comes to moments that show how well Kunal knows Kuhu/things he does only with her, we have actually seen quite a few! 

No arguments on the walnut allergy though, that will forever remain an indefensible travesty. 🤬Some of the other moments though: 

The first time he called her a rainbow, he was talking about how she gives colour coordination tips on her social media, and he even suggested one to Abir.

He left a meeting and rushed to her side when he heard she was in trouble -- which he doesn't even do for Nanu 😉

He definitely stalks her on social media and we have ample proof of this. "Frequent flyers hotel mein itna check in nahi karte honge jitna tum online check in karti ho" but how would you know, Kunal, and why are you complaining when you clearly keep using it to track her down? 

He dresses up for her and cares how he looks. Whether it was when he asked Abir and Nanu how he looked in his casual look before meeting her for coffee, or his "Italian" suits, he tries to dress to impress her totally of his own volition, which I am pretty sure he doesn't do for anyone else. 

He changed his entire diet 

When he imitates her or teases her, he is always on the nose about her personality, like when he sniffed out that she couldn't possibly have thought of a theme for the MA sangeet and not shouted it from the rooftops. In general, his sense of humour and wit blossom around her. He loves to tease her and provoke their zany back and forth and missed it when she stopped indulging him during the two month leap. 😆

He is brutally honest with her. Whether it was confessing to spiking the drink or immediately venting about his birth truth, we haven't seen him hold much back from Kuhu. 

When they were in the car and Kuhu was quiet, he recognised that it was absurd for him to have been the only one talking for the last ten minutes, and for Kuhu to be so quiet. 

And my personal favorite:

At the resort, he recognised that she was the event planner, purely based on her planning style. That's how closely he's observed how she does things.  And of course, we can't forget how he just about bursts with pride every time someone praises Kuhu or her work. 

I am sure there are more that I am forgetting right now, so please add to the list! 

Hi Sam, I love it how you have analzed Kunal so well. You have picked up on the tiniest things he notices about Kuhu that I probably overlooked.

I know I tend to be more on Kuhu's side and blame Kunal for his lack of EQ, when it comes to expressing his love. So I appreciate the fact that you are to point out that Kunal is not all bad, he has his moments and they have a lot more depth in them. 

Thank you 🤗You make me love Kunal all over again, ( not that I can ever hate him, but I do get a lot more frusrated at him)

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aquaHP

Oh Sam!! Tussi to dil khush kar dita!! 

(Did I say it right? I don't know proper Punjabi and the amount I do know is because of the number of punjabi songs I have heard courtesy friends and because I live in NCR where people just mix up all available languages for some reason)

In my last post, I had been thinking of adding that he is super vulnerable in front of Kuhu. She is the only one to ever see his head vs heart battle but then I got flashbacks of his emotional scenes with Abir and I wasn't so sure anymore.

I'm going to try and counter your points to make this interesting because I am not in a mood to support Kunal for some reason. (Reason: saw the Ritvik's "Mere liye" nod too many times and I need to get that cuteness out of my system, so bear with me). Also, I just realised that what Meera really wants is Kunal to put Kuhu above everyone else and not just above himself, which is going to be a long journey because banda to shaadi ke liye commitment karne se pehle bhi maa se poochhta hai.

Counters:

1. Can't think of one for rainbow. Does he call Abir a superhero or something??

2. He left the *cough* humma *cough* when Meenu called. Nanu ke liye to Kunal ne waise bhi zyada kuchh nahi kiya hai. 

3. He has stalked Abir as well but just to check up on him and not to know what he is doing because he won't tell him🙄

4. He has always cared about how he looks. Dude probably used to use a hairdryer before he even knew her.

5. He used to healthy at the beginning of the show, no? He just imbibed her ket0 diet. Health freak to pehle se nahi tha kya?? I don't remember this.

6. The imitation thing to he has done for Meenu, maami and other characters too. 

7. Wasn't he always honest with Mishti too because he hated her so much and absolutely did not care what she thought about him?? I just refuted myself, didn't I? He cares about Kuhu's opinions of him but but but he has already done so many bad things that I think he believes that nothing else can be worse than that.

8. Bas aur nahi hai. I think the cuteness is out of my system. Or not. Who even am I?? *Pulling my hair out*

Not only Meera, I also want the same thing. But looking at Kunal's character it doesnt seem like that it will happen. Like it was mentioned in earlier AT, they are a Khandhani couple, at least Kunal I beleive a bit more than Kuhu. I can see Kuhu stepping out of this role in the attempt to get her happiness (the rebellion she had at the resort) whereas I dont see it for Kunal. Unless something drastic happens, Kunal keeps getting off the hook very easily especially in regards to Kuhu. He has never had to really fight for her. Thanks to the lack of care Maheswaris have towards her.

I am still upset about the haldi/divorce fiasco, it was literally a 2 minute focus on the actual fact that Kuhu has spent 6 months in a fake marriage and no follow up after that. BM can make so many phone calls to Mishti, but she cant bother to have a heart to heart with Kuhu. Hec even Varsha didnt bother to ask Kuhu why she hid such important fact from her.

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lopli

Not only Meera, I also want the same thing. But looking at Kunal's character it doesnt seem like that it will happen. Like it was mentioned in earlier AT, they are a Khandhani couple, at least Kunal I beleive a bit more than Kuhu. I can see Kuhu stepping out of this role in the attempt to get her happiness (the rebellion she had at the resort) whereas I dont see it for Kunal. Unless something drastic happens, Kunal keeps getting off the hook very easily especially in regards to Kuhu. He has never had to really fight for her. Thanks to the lack of care Maheswaris have towards her.

I am still upset about the haldi/divorce fiasco, it was literally a 2 minute focus on the actual fact that Kuhu has spent 6 months in a fake marriage and no follow up after that. BM can make so many phone calls to Mishti, but she cant bother to have a heart to heart with Kuhu. Hec even Varsha didnt bother to ask Kuhu why she hid such important fact from her.

I don't know about y'all, but I know for a fact that if I were in Kuhu's situation, my parents would be absolutely livid at my husband. Pretty sure they wouldn't let me go back to him, at least not that easily. And I get the whole "I trust my kid to make smart decisions on their own" style of parenting, but there's a limit to everything. If your daughter has clearly been suffering silently in a marriage for this long, and all of a sudden her husband turns up and says sorry (conveniently before his older brother's marriage into the same house), would you really take it at face value? If you're at all protective of your child, you'd be more angry and distrusting of him, instead of getting angry at her for lying. 

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

girls when it comes to kuhu, can you tell me one incidence at maheshwaris, where you found that they were justified towards their behaviour & second hand treatment for kuhu?

unfortunately I cant think of any

and while re-watching the old episodes I again realised it from the very initial episodes🤢 (BP-BM contemplating about kunal's proposal for kuhu because apparently mishti is elder to kuhu & though this fact is conveniently forgotten throughout the show but only makes its guest appearance here because 'badi ke hote hue chhoti ki shaadi pehle kaise ho sakti hai')

infact kuhu blasting all maheshwaris for what all she had been putting up with is one scene on top of my wishlist😎

I want her to bajao them all😈

Edited by peacenfun - 4 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@aqua: Oh teri! Here I was hoping people would add to the list aur kya dekhne ko mila? 😆

The thing is, it's not an either/or argument. Everything you said is as true as everything I said because Kunal is a well-written human being who isn't perfect, but who definitely cares a lot about Kuhu in a way that he has never cared about anyone else. I don't think we will get that kind of first priority thing with this couple because they simply don't hierarchise relationships like that (which I happen to love). 

I am going to go one step further and say that the whole idea of "first priority" is actually a very common symptom of the toxic monogamy we were talking about yesterday. For mature adults, different relationships are first priority at different times, and Kunal fell in love with Kuhu precisely because she understood that and didn't expect him to think of relationships that way. All she wants are these little signs that he cares for her -- like when he left her at the Sufi party to look for Abir but made sure to light those candles first. 

@Riya: I think what I love most about Kunal is that none of his actions are OTT and he is not a grand gesture person, but you can sort of see how Kuhu has slowly seeped into every aspect of his life, sometimes with his knowledge and sometimes without him even realising it. If you want to be poetic about it, like sugar and water; you can't see the sugar, but you can't distingush one from the other once they are mixed. 

@Meera: The thing we keep forgetting is that Shaurya was furious, and didn't want Kuhu to stay in this relationship with Kunal. If he had his way, the second marriage would never have happened. It was Kuhu who took matters into her own hands and decided to stay in the marriage, and not just for Kunal but for her family and the right she had earned over it. I am totally with you on them zero-ing in on her lies though. Maybe if the Maheshwaris provided her a safer, happier environment where she felt she'd be supported, or if Mishti hadn't exposed her divorce so haphazardly, she would have had time to negotiate more, both with her family and with Kunal, but she didn't and she made the best decision she could, with the information that she had. 

Again, a genuinely adult choice -- neither option is the ideal (stuck with Mishti in one and stuck without Kunal in the other) one but if we weigh the options, where do I see more happiness and security for my future? I can't blame her for choosing the RVs with the options she had. 😕