Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blUeNoSed thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I totally forgot to mention how artistically shot it was. I loved how Shaukat was imagining his muse as this mystery goddess and we see these stunning images of her when he does so. And man, was Aishwarya styled like a goddess, imo no film of her's comes close to what she looked here. Not the Bhansali movies, not ADHM. I also loved the hill mansion where they lived, stunning.  Further adds to the eerie mysteriousness of it all.

Originally posted by: RunParoRun

It def was way ahead of its time, but the issue was with the narrative. It was too confusing for the audience and a lot of critics felt ppl woudn't buy a hubby telling his wife to romance another man--which they didn't. But it's very artistic shot. The beach scenes with the glowy shadow effects and Aish's colsoe ups are masterful.

Zayed was def the weaklink, they shoud have cast someone with better scene presence.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Ohh. Will have to watch the movie now. The only scenes I've seen are those between Baba and Aish β˜ΊοΈ

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

When the film came out, I wasn't attracted to it at all. Aishwarya is lovely but Sanjay Dutt and Zayed Khan were huge turnoffs.

However a few years ago someone recommended it (on Twitter I think) and I gave it a shot. I actually really enjoyed it. It has it's faults but overall it was an enjoyable experience. I was compelled to watch director Leena Yada's other work: Teen Patti - which I'd give a similar review. Except it didn't have anything as magical as Ash's presence in the former.

Leena also directed Parched which is one of my Top 50 films of the decade. <3

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I didn't like/understand the film at all. πŸ™„ It went over my head.

Only good part was Ash's styling in the film and those closeups. 😍

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

But maybe I need to revisit it. It's been over a decade since I watched it so maybe I'll get it better now.

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

I wanna try this movie now

where did you watch this?

Hazardous thumbnail

Its been years since I watched it but I remember thinking how such an interesting concept went to waste. Aish looked like a barbie doll though and her styling was so fresh!!!  I still listen to Sholon Si, Khoya Khoya, Bolo To Bolo Na on repeat to this day, Vishal and Shekhar did their thing on this album.

What are other movies based on cuckoldary ?

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

What are other movies based on cuckoldary ?

Ajnabee had wife swapping . Also Aksar starring Dino, Hashmi 

Edited by 2RsFan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Ajnabee had wife swapping . Also Aksar starring Dino, Hashmi 

Aksar maybe , not enough movies about this subject , not even in west.