Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Maybe it's just the name, the movie has got nothing to do with the real Mr. India. Boner would not do that to his brother.

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ffkhan

I think Boney is also not aware of the project. Otherwise Sonam would never post about it this way.

Hope it gets shelved.

Of course he is. Randomly someone just won't announce a spine off to classic without having taken permission. And Sonam only mentioned shekhar and her dad, no mention of boney which clearly states he is aware and didn't consult other members involved in the film. 

GumGum thumbnail

Mr. India was Surinder Films' right? Then Boner can't sell the rights alone. I think in the past 7-8  years Boner tried to make it and Anil either vetoed or demanded his son to be cast as Mr India hence Boner sold it without telling Anil.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zoinks

Maybe it's just the name, the movie has got nothing to do with the real Mr. India. Boner would not do that to his brother.

Boney is the black sheep of the family. He can do anything to anyone. What can you expect from a guy who moved in his mistress to the house he shared with his wife, kept on sleeping with her and then got her pregnant while they all 3 lived together. Then he practically dumped his kids and only came back when Arjun was old enough to star in films. Betraying his brother is just par for the course. 

GumGum thumbnail

Whatever the parde ke piche ki reason was I am quite sure Sonam or her brother wanted to be a part of it. Issi liye social media pe ro rahi hai instead of dealing with Boner. I guess Ali knew people are gonna create problem with the cast hence he mentioned in his tweet that he hasn't cast anyone yet.

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: zoinks

Mr. India was Surinder Films' right? Then Boner can't sell the rights alone. I think in the past 7-8  years Boner tried to make it and Anil either vetoed or demanded his son to be cast as Mr India hence Boner sold it without telling Anil.

Boner lmaooo

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Maybe he did not consult Anil because he knew Anil will demand one of his kids to be casted. According to Rahul Raut Boney is a co-producer...

https://twitter.com/Rahulrautwrites/status/1229977346624507904?s=20

Boney last year also said that he wanted to reboot Mr India and make it a franchise... Since Zee and AAZ's wordings and idea about the film is similar my gut feeling is he is also involved either sold his rights or is a co-producer..

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Wasn't Mr.india kapoor's home production film?

Edited by Lazybird_Silpa - 4 years ago
GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lazybird_Silpa

Wasn't Mr.india kapoor's home production film?

Wahi toh, she is acting like invaders did it, not her tau-ji. LOL and talking about respect when her dad is also a co-owner of her dada-ji's production house. 

And if Anil had legally left Surinder Films' ship to get rid of the liabilities when the production house was almost bankrupt, he has no rights asking for permission or respect. He has his own production house he can reboot any of his production house's movies to relaunch his kids.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Zee Studios would have had to get permission from whoever owned the rights. Since they publicly announced the upcoming film, it means they already have the rights. Corporates are careful that the paperwork is in place before they start talking. Anil must not have held any rights to Mr. India so Boney didn't need to consult him. 

As a brother, he should have told Anil ahead of time out of courtesy. It's pretty mean to spring a surprise like this.

Sonam should also keep quiet. Why drag family problems into the media?