FIGHT AGAINST DESTINY- PreRish FF [Thread1 Ch 1 - 14] - Page 24

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by Sunn_shine

😆 This is so cute..

She used this everyday in the past. 🤣

Originally posted by MISTInew

you have been reading older posts it seems. Yes I used to use it everyday 😆 I found it again accidentally and used it 🤣

Originally posted by WaqtZaya

you have been reading older posts it seems. Yes I used to use it everyday 😆 I found it again accidentally and used it 🤣

The picture suits me.🤣

Maine shayad Pehle nahi dekha.. but this one is too cute 😆

The picture suits me.🤣

because you love food😳

Ok I will come back in the morning😒

Hello Amazing People 🤗

After a long delay here I am with another chapter of "Fight Against Destiny". Apologies for this delay. This chapter is pretty long and I hope it makes up a bit for the delay. I am not really sure, if content will be equally interesting as I am always in dilemma. So here it is, please do let me know how you feel about the story progression. 

I have taken a few references from articles available online to create a description of some of the places (in Calcutta-never been their) in the story, therefore, if anything doesn't look real or incorrect please feel free to let me know. I will be happy to make amendments. Some of the events are also inspired by real life incidents and stories. 

I hope you find this chapter worth your time. Thank you all in advance.

Love

Sunshine :)

CHAPTER-7

Sharma Niwas, Calcutta

Next Day, 6.00 PM

Veena holding a tray with two cups of tea for Prerna and herself, stopped at the door admiring her daughter. A video played on Prerna's laptop, books and sheets of paper were scattered all over her bed. In the midst of all this she sat in the middle of her bed with her legs crossed and a pillow in her lap. She had a pencil between her lips, while she was focused on reading a sheet of paper. Prerna was 27, with an MBA, had great prospects for her, however, because of her love for Anurag she lost her focus and went through a lot at such an early age. A content smile formed on Veena’s face when she saw her daughter completely engaged into something after a long time.

Veena came out of her thoughts and entered the room and kept the tray on the corner of the bed. She picked up some papers and made some space for her to sit.

Priyu beta subah se is sab mein lagi ho, aao chai pi lo.. Ek chhota sa break le logi to kuch bigad nahi jayega” she smiled and caressed her daughter’s hair. 

Prerna picked up her notebook from the pillow in her lap to keep it aside and quickly grabbed the cup from Veena’s hand. 

She took a sip of the hot beverage and closed her tired eyes feeling relaxed. 

Maa.. bhuat acha hua aap chai le aayi.. Mujhe kab se mann kar raha tha.. Aap world ki best Maa hai. Aap janti hain na? Prerna looked at her Mother with a smile on her face enjoying every sip of her tea. 

To humein awaaz de deti beta, hum pehle hi le ate. Waise tum ye sab subah se kya kar rahi ho Priyu?” 

Ma kal Ayesha ke Mom, Ms. Acharya se milna hai na unke NGO mein for the job.. To bas usi ke bare mein research kar rhi hu.. I know Ayesha ne kaha tha ki wo guide karenge but I want to be prepared Maa. Ayesha ki Mom ko aisa nahi lagna chahie na ki mujhe kuch pata hi nahi hai aur waise bhi studies over hone ke bad mauka hi nahi mila.. So socha sab brush up kar leti hu.. Almost ho gaya

Veena felt proud of her daughter for taking this opportunity seriously. Priyu, humein bhuat acha laga tumhe itni mehnat karte dekh.. Tumhare Baba aur hum humesha se tumhe tarrakki karte dekhna chahte the, kyuki tum mein kabiliyat hai.. Bas tumne kabhi is taraf dhyaan nahi diya beta.. Pr ab mann lagake kaam karna.. Baba aur humara ashirwad tumhare sath hai” Veena had tears in her eyes thinking about her husband. 

Prerna moved ahead and hugged her mother and said “Maa.. aap please royiye mat, Baba humare sath nahi hoke bhi humare sath hi hai.. Aur aap hai na hamari Maa-Baba dono.. Please rona nahi hai ab” Prerna wiped her mother’s tears and kissed her on her forehead.

"Hum kaha ro rhe hai Priyu.. hum to khush hain, bas tumhare baba ki yaad aa gai. Acha tum apna kaam khatam kar lo tab tak hum dinner ki tayyari kar letey hain.. Dinner neeche ake sabke sath hi karna padega..” Veena got off the bed and left. 

Prerna took a deep sigh and shifted her focus back to her work.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS, MUMBAI

Rishabh’s Study, 8.15 PM 

Mehra , these are some immediate issues we need to discuss and resolve at the earliest. We should focus on these in tomorrow’s meeting and then we move on to the next one” said Rishabh turning his laptop screen towards Mr. Mehra and lit a cigar.

Mehra looked at the laptop and after screening the content for a moment he said, You are right Sir, these projects need your immediate attention” 

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door. Masi entered the room and Chandu followed her. 

Aap logo ko realise ho rha hai ki time kya hua hai?” Masi looked at Rishabh and Mr. Mehra with her hands folded against her chest. 

Masi, we are almost done, hum bas bahar hi aa rahe the” said Rishabh.

Masi gabbed the cigar from the middle of his fingers and crushed it in the Ashtray Kitni baar mana kare tumhe Rishabh” 

She gave Rishabh his pills and without speaking a word she gestured him to take those. Chandu quitely extended a glass of water and Rishabh just followed. 

Masi shifted her focus from Rishabh to Mr. Mehra.“Issey to kuch sun na nahi hai pr Mr. Mehra aap bhi?” Mr. Mehra was stunned and he almost stammered as he had no idea he was going to be trapped in this awkward situation. He didn’t know what to say as both Rishabh and Sharda were his boss. 

Mr. Mehra was about to reply when Masi spoke aap rehne dijiye Mr. Mehra, isme aap ki bhi kya galati hai, jise samjhna chahie usey hi kuch samajh nahi ata”

Mr. Mehra took a deep sigh and felt relieved for being saved from a tough situation. 

Ab kaam band kijiye aap log aur bahar chalke dinner kijiye. Chandu tum bahar jaao aur sab arrange karwao Mehra quickly picked up his files and quietly left the room following Chandu. Rishabh was still trying to avoid any confrontation with Masi as he knew she was angry by the way she stormed into the room and continued saving files on his laptop.

Aur Rishabh, Kukki tumhe shaam se dhund rahi hai. Tumne to usey keh diya ki papa meeting mein busy hain isliye wo ek baar bhi tumhe disturb karne nhi ayi. But wo kab se Study ke aas pass hi ghoom rahi hai kisi na kisi bahane se tumhare intezaar mein. Subah bhi tumhe fever tha, thoda kaam hai sochke humne kuch nahi kaha to iska fayda utha rahe ho. Hum tumhe na bulane ayein to tum to… 

Maasii.. Aap itna pareshan mat hoiye please 

Rishabh closed his laptop and got up from his chair. He stood in front of Masi and made her sit on the chair. He poured some water in a glass and offering it to Masi he said, Ye lijiye aap pani pijiye. Masi apko kya ho gaya hai, jabse yaha Mumbai aayi hain aap chhoti chhoti baat pr tense ho jati hain. Mild fever hi to tha, pehle bhi hua hai na. And see now I am fine

Rishabh came down on his knees and held her hands. 

Jaha tak Kukki ki baat hai Masi, agar office mein issues nahi hotey to aapko lagta hai main usey akele chhodta. Main office jata hu tab bhi to Kukki aapke sath hi rehti hai. Wo bhaut samjhdar hai, abhi usey occupy rakhne lie zyada kuch nahi hai islie restless ho jati hai. Ek do din ki baat hai, ek baar hamare plans action mein aa jaye to I will arrange things for her too over the weekend. I can't leave work also Masi. Isliye ab aap please itna tension lekey apni health mat kharab kijie. Waise bhi if you fall sick to mere aage peeche Hitler ki tarah kaun ghumega Rishabh gave her a smile to calm her a bit. 

Sharda cupped his face in her hands and gave a peck on his forehead. “Rishabh, tumhe nahi pata hum dar gaye the us din tumhari condition dekh ke aur kahi na kahi hum khud ko bhi zimmedar mante hain. Hum itne selfish ho gaye the ki hum tumhare bare mein socha hi nahi. Islie apni sari galtiyan sudharna chahte hai aur apni responsibilty ache se nibhana chahte hain.” Masi had tears forming in her eyes because of her guilt.

Masi aapko aisa kuch bhi sochne ki zaroorat nahi, maine Tanvi se bhi yahi kaha hai aur ab apse bhi keh rha hu, jo bhi hua wo past tha aur usey past mein hi chhod dena chahie. Aaj ke bad main fir se ye sab nahi sunna chahta. Islie leave it here and stop thinking about all that. Aapke bina main Kukki aur Business dono manage kar pata kya? Bataiye? Rishabh looked at Masi and kept his head in her lap. “Mujhe aapki zaroorat hai Masi, especially now, like before we moved to India. I need you”

Masi caressed his hair and said “Aur humein tumhari. Humse zyada Kukki ko zaroorat hai tumhari. Islie apna khayal rakha karo. Chalo ab bahar chalo she is waiting for you” 

"Let's go, pata nahi Kukki ne ab tak Tanvi ko kitna torture kar diya hoga" said Rishabh and they both shared a laugh imagining a tired Tanvi running after Kukki.

Rishabh and Masi stepped out of the study, they saw exactly what they thought, Tanvi was actually running after Kukki.

"Kukki…." Rishabh called her.

Kukki immediately ran towards her father as soon as she heard him call her name. 

"Papa.." 

Rishabh picked her up in his arms and said "My little lady, why trouble Tanvi so much. Just look at her" Tanvi layed on the couch exhausted. 

"Tanvi aunt mujhe bhi to kitna trouble karte hain na.. Unhone khud mujhe kaha hide and seek khelne ke lie.. She only made the rule to hide only in the living area no rooms but she went away and slept in her room.. Aur maine inko kitna dhunda.. cheating kiya unhone mere sath.." Kukki complaint about Tanvi while they all moved towards the dining area. 

Tanvi this is so wrong.. Aise kaise Kukki ke sath cheating kar sakte ho.. Haan.” said Masi in a child like voice. Aaj Tanvi ko koi Kukki ki favourite ice cream nahi milegi. Yeh punishment theek hai na? asked Masi, waiting for Kukki to respond. 

Yes Dadi Masi, aaj Tanvi aunt ko koi ice cream nahi milegi” said Kukki mocking Tanvi showing her tongue.

But Princess, poora din to Tanvi hi aapke sath sab activities karti hai, aapko khana bhi khilati hain..Aapki care karti hain.. To ye punishment thodi harsh nahi hai? I think one warning should be good for now? Aap Socho jab tak dessert time aata hai and let us know.. Okay.. kahi isme aapka hi loss na ho jaye? said Rishabh settling her on her chair between him and Masi, while Tanvi grabbed a place next to Risbabh exactly in front of Kukki. Mr. Mehra joined them too.

Rishabh tum issey bhi profit loss samjhane lage? Abhi chhoti hai wo” said Masi while serving food for Kukki.

Masi she is my daughter, situation ko evaluate karna jitna jaldi ayega she will be able to make informed decisions.” Rishabh said while feeding Kukki who had been quiet for some time.

Chandu came with an ice cream bowl and kept it in front of Kukki.

Papa, I’ve made my decisionRishabh diverted all his attention towards her and waited for her to speak. 

I think humein Tanvi aunt ko bas warning dena chahiye. Today I can share my ice cream with her.. But Tanvi aunt aage se no cheating please” she looked at Tanvi with a scowl on her face. 

That’s a very smart decision Kukki. Papa is proud of you. And Tanvi no cheating with my daughter in future.. Okay” Rishabh pretended to warn Tanvi that brought a smile of Kukki’s face.

Thank you so much Kukki..I promise no cheating from now on. You are the sweetest” Tanvi gave Kukki a flying kiss.

Kukki got up from her place and went to Tanvi to share her ice cream. She made kukki sit in her lap and fed.

Masi did you get a chance to speak to your friend for a home tutor for Kukki till we get her admitted in  a school? We might have to stay here for a little longer than I thought Rishabh asked.

Humne dopahar baat ki thi, tum busy the, to tumse baat karne ka chance hi nahi mila. Humne weekend pr bhejne ke liye kaha hai so that you can also talk to them before we finalise anyone Masi replied.

That’s great, Thanks Masi. And Mehra, meanwhile have someone work on a list of good schools for Kukki, not too far from here” Mr. Mehra nodded in agreement. 

SHARMA NIWAS

Dining Area, 8.45 PM

Aao Priyu, aa jao khna khane said veena when she saw Prerna climbing down the stairs. Prerna quickly grabbed her place and uncovered all the bowls to see what was there for dinner. She looked quite excited. 

Wow Maa.. Kadhi-Rice.. mera favourite aur Rasgulla..aaahhh, I am in heaven.. Thank you so much Maa. I love youShe squeezed a rasgulla and stuffed it in her mouth. Prerna grabbed her plate and quickly served quite a lot of Kadhi-Rice for herself. Without waiting for anyone, she began to eat in a hurry as if she hadn’t eaten in ages. 

Arey Priyu, aram se beta. Tumhare liye hi hai aur kahi bhaga nhi ja rha khana” said Veena who sat next  to her.

Shivani who sat on the other side of Veena murmured something to herself. Veena heard her but could not understand what she was trying to say. So she asked Shivani “Kya hua Shivi, tum apne aap se kya baatein kar rahi ho? Sab theek hai?

Main to theek hu Maa, par aap sab ko dekh ke to lagta hai jaise aap logo ko koi fark hi nahi padta hai Shivani sounded very irritated and upset. 

‘Kya kehna chah rahi ho Shivi, theek se batao. Humein kuch samajh nahi aa rha hai” Shekhar asked while Prerna was still busy relishing her favourite dish.

Anurag, aur kya Shekhar bhaiyya” Shivani said angrily. 

As soon as Prerna heard his name, Prerna’s hand stopped mid way. She kept her spoon down and looked at Shivani. 

Anurag ka ab tak koi ata pata nahi hai aur yaha sab aisey jashn mana rahe hain jaise ki pata nahi koi festival ho Shivani’s eyes met Prerna’s for a fraction of second and she turned her face back to the plate in front of  her.

Shivi.. Tum ache se janti ho kal Priyu ke liye bhuat bada din hai, isliye uske lie humne ye banaya hai. Kya ye baat kisi festival se kam ki Priyu ek nayi shuruwat karne ja rhi hai. Tum bekar ki baatein mat karo ab aur chup chap khana khao” Veena scolded Shivani for ruining everyone’s mood. 

“Maa ye ghar jisne bachaya wo Anurag hai, aur Di aap.. Itni jaldi bhool gai ki wo ab tak mila bhi nahi hai? Shivani looked at Prerna anticipating an explanation.

“Shivi.. Veena wanted to respond but Prerna stopped her. “Ek minute Maa.

Shivi, main kuch nahi bhooli hu aur mere liye asaan nahi hai sab kuch bhoolna. Aur jaha tak Anurag ko dhundne ki baat hai, main aaj subah bhi Police Station gayi thi, kal bhi gayi thi aur kal bhi jaungi. Par police ko ab tak kuch pata nahi chala hai. Tum batao aur kya karu main. Tumhe kya lagta hai main agar dikha nahi rahi to kya mujhe dukh nahi hai? Tum to usey sirf janti thi pr meri to shaadi hone wali thi jab wo gayab ho gaya.. Tum samajh bhi nahi sakti mujhe kaisa lag rha hai.. I wish tum ek baar mere jagah khud ko rakh kar soch pati ki mujhe kya feel hota ha…” Prerna couldn’t finish as she had tears in her eyes and a lump formed in her throat. She got up and ran back to her room.

Mil gai tumhe khushi Shivi..” said Mahesh who heard everything quietly. He got up from his chair to go to Prerna, but Veena stopped him. “Usey thoda time do Mahesh. Aur tum Shivi, Bhuat mushkil se humari beti apni life mein aage badne ki koshish kar rahi hai aur hum kisi ko bhi .. dhyaan se suno Shivi, kisi ko bhi uske raste mein nahi ane denge.. Tumhe ya khud Anurag ya uski yaadon ko bhi nahi. Anu ke liye hume bhi chinta hai aur prarthna karte hain ki wo jaldi mil jaye. Priyu jo kar sakti hai wo kar rahi hai. Agar tumse chup nahi rha jata to hum tumhara khana room mein hi bhijwa diya karenge. But aage se hum is tarah ki badtameezi bilkul barsdasht nahi karenge. Ise humari pehli aur akhri warning samajhna.” 

Shivani picked up her plate and left in frustration. 

Next Morning

8:30 AM

Prerna was almost ready for the day. She wore a black Straight cut kurta with a white ankle length Palazzo. She carried a red dupatta adorned with beautiful Kantha work. She kept her laptop in her bag and reached her bed to collect remaining scattered papers and arranged those in her file with her education certificates. 

Veena entered her room and said Itni jaldi ready ho gai Priyu. Tumhe to 10:30 phonchna hai na. Waha to tum aadhe ghante mein phonch jaogi”

Prerna replied still busy arranging her things “Haan Maa, pr main soch rahi hu jaldi nikal jaaun, nayi jagah hai traffic bhi ho sakta hai. Jaldi phonchke thoda aur information bhi mil jayegi from their staff”

Theek hai beta but abhi neeche chalo, nashta kie bina nahi jane denge hum tumhe, tumne raat ko dinner bhi theek se nahi kia tha” said Veena.

Haan Maa, main ati hu 5 min mein, waise mujhe bhookh to nahi hai but bina khaye nhi jana chahti” replied Prerna with a forced smile on her face. 

Veena sensed Prerna is still not out of what happened last night on the dinner table and left the room. 

Prena came downstairs after a while. She kept her bag on the center table and joined her family for breakfast. Everyone was present except Shivani. All of them wished her best for her first day at work. Shekhar had an off because of forced holiday by the organisation and offered to drop her. Prerna thanked and insisted on going on her own. Veena came with a bowl and made her eat a spoonful of sweet curd. Prerna touched her feet and picked her bag to leave when she heard Shivani call her from behind "Ek minute Priyu Di" 

Prerna turned around and waited for shivani who walked towards her with her hands behind her back. Veena was worried that Shivani might upset Prerna yet again like she did last night. She moved ahead to stop Shivani but stopped midway when she saw Shivani bringing her hands in front carrying a bowl of rasgullas. 

"Di raat aap meri wajah se aapke favourite rasgulla theek se enjoy nahi kar payi thi na. Aaj aapka first working day hai to ek to khana banta hi hai. I am sorry Di mujhe aapse aisey baat nahi karni chahie thi. Mere hath se ye khake please mujhe maaf kar dijie" She squeezed a rasgulla and extended her hand towards Prerna. 

Prerna happily opened her mouth and hugged Shivani. "Main tumse naraz nahi hu Shivi bas jis tarah se tumne apni baat kahi usse hurt hua"

"I am sorry Di. Main aage se dhyan rakhungi. Aur ab aap jaiye, all the very best" said Shivani breaking her hug with Prerna.

Prerna thanked and left for the very first day of her work life.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS 

Kukki’s Room, 8.45 AM

Rishabh was ready in his formals, he wore a white shirt and black trousers  with a red tie. He settled Kukki on her bed and took a place next to her. He held her hands and kissing her hands he said “Princess, aaj se Papa is going to office and poora din aapke sath nahi honge. It is also possible that Papa thoda late ghar aaye

Kukki didn’t really look very happy about the idea of having to spend the entire day without her father. 

Rishabh noticed the change in her expressions and he continued “Baby I know aap sad ho akele rehne ke wajah se, but Maasi and Tanvi hai aapke sath. Aap bhaut sari masti karna just like before when we were back in London, but don’t trouble anyone okay? And Papa promise you to take you to the beach on Saturday.. What do you say? Aap ko beach dekhne jana tha na?” He cupped her face between both his hands.

Kukki’s lips immediately stretched into a wide smile; she hugged her father and she said “Thank you Papa! You are the best Dad in the world. I love you so much”. Rishabh kissed her forehead, squeezing her little frame in his armsPapa loves you more”. She wrapped her arms around his neck, digging her face into his chest “I will miss you Papa”

Kukki held his hand and they both came out of the room, where Masi and Tanvi were busy at the dining table and Mr. Mehra waited with a few files on the couch in the living area. 

Masi, Mr. Mehra and I are leaving for office, please take care of Kukki Rishabh moved his hand over her hair holding his black jacket in the other one. Masi held Kukki’s hand and said Tum jao, Kukki aur hum to bhaut enjoy karne wale hain yaha. Haina kukki?” Kukki nodded with a smile on her face. 

“Rishabh, dhyan rakhna, don’t miss your meals and take your medicines on time. Mr. Mehra this is your responsibility” said Masi looking at Mr. Mehra. 

Rishabh rolled his eyes at her concern Masii..

“I will Mam, don’t worry” 

“Let’s go Mehra, don’t want to get stuck in traffic. Princess you take care, Papa will call you” Rishabh kissed Kukki and left with Mr. Mehra. 

ACHARYA FOUNDATION, CALCUTTA

10.00AM

Prerna's cab came to a halt in front of a huge iron gate with a big painted sign board placed on top of it that read "ACHARYA FOUNDATION". She paid the driver and stepped out of the cab. She looked around and found a security guard near the gate. She filled all her details and guard gave her a visitor's card and directed her to the main office building. She walked through a huge ground before she reached a modestly constructed two storied building. It looked like a house was converted into an office. She entered the main door and met a receptionist and informed her about her meeting with Ms. Acharya and her friend Ayesha. Pooja, the receptionist made a call and asked Prerna to follow her to Ayesha's work space. 

"Hey Prerna, so glad to see you here. You are early" Ayesha got up from her workstation and welcomed Prerna with a hug. "I hope you didn't have difficulty in finding this place as it's a bit on the outskirts of the city" asked Ayesha offering her a chair to sit.

"Thanks Ayesha. I had no trouble finding the place. Rather the cab driver was aware of this place and spoke in high regards of your NGO. He said his kids often attend your school on wheels. He wanted me to thank you on his behalf

"That's so nice to hear Prerna, you know this is what keeps us going as we never know we could actually be impacting someone's life even with little things we are able to do in our limited capacity. Anyway my Mom should be here in another 15 mins. Would you like to have a look around as you are early?" Asked Ayesha.

"Sure! I would love to" said Prerna excited to see the workplace she was soon going to be a part of. Ayesha picked up her phone from her table and they both left. 

"Ayesha, this place is beautiful, I saw the ground outside it's so well maintained" said Prerna following Ayesha for a small introductory tour. 

"Yeah, even we love this place. Actually this was my grandfather's farmhouse and he always had a deep interest in working on social issues. My Mom was really inspired by him and his work. After his death my Mom decided to start this NGO in his name and what better place than this as we have a deep connection, also we needed space for all our activities and programs which would have been difficult and way too expensive in the city" Ayesha shared every detail with a lot of passion.

Prerna noticed most of the staff were women and they all had their individual workstations but more like an open office instead of closed cabins. Office was very colorful with artworks displayed at different corners. Miniature kites and origami creations hung from the ceiling, it indeed looked like a happy place to be. 

Ayesha interrupted Prerna's thoughts who admired every little detail with a smile on her face "all these artworks are creations of kids we work with. Aren't these just amazing?"

"These are beautiful Ayesha. I am so much in love with the way you have made these a part of the workplace. Anyone will forget all their worries once you step inside" said Prerna without shifting her focus from her surroundings.

Ayesha, I saw Some of the staff members in separate rooms with different groups of women and children. I would love to know if you don’t mind asked Prerna.

Ayesha stopped outside one such cabin and asked Prerna to look inside through the glass opening in the door. Prerna looked inside and Ayesha continued These are our training rooms, where we conduct a lot of trainings and sessions with kids, their parents. Staff member experts in their own domains conduct these trainings. This one is training for starting an all women self-help group to support their families financially.” Ayesha stepped aside to take a call while Prerna kept looking at the trainer and the women who heard and followed their instructor. 

Prerna came out of her thoughts hearing Ayesha’s voice from behind “Prerna, Mom is here. Come let me take you to her. Come.'' Prerna nodded and followed Ayesha. 

BAJAJ INFRAGIANT HEAD OFFICE, MUMBAI

10.00am

Rishabh entered through the automated glass doors of a 23 storey sprawling commercial tower on Marine Drive in Nariman point, boasting the breathtaking view of the queen’s necklace. The building once served as the corporate headquarters of Bajaj Infragaints (BI). BI made an exponential growth in a very short time and needed a much bigger space to operate from as the organization ventured into multiple domains. Bajaj Infragiant Corporate Park (BICP) was the best solution to their space issue. Organisation constructed a huge corporate park in Navi (New) Mumbai, about 40km away from Marine Drive and took around 2 hours to reach. 5 years back when Rishabh decided to move to London permanently, all their functions were shifted to the BICP but he decided to retain top 3 floors as it was near the airport and more importantly this place was where he started everything from. He did not want to lose the place where he started his journey in the business world from a small rented office space on the 23rd floor in the very same building.

As Rishabh walked towards the lift, the silent reception echoed with the sound, that his shoes made in contact with the floor. His walk only commanded respect and authority. Though Rishabh was just 35, but he was one of the most respected men in the business world for his vision and out of the box business tactics. Some loved his ways and many hated him for the way he operated, but he was definitely not the one who could be ignored.

Rishabh and Mr. Mehra exited lift on the 23rd floor and walked across cubicles towards his own cabin. Rishabh believed in an open work culture therefore his cabin also had a glass door with blinders for private meetings. However, he did have a private suite attached to his cabin that was nothing less than a studio apartment with all the amenities. Rishabh spent a lot of his nights in this very room while his business was expanding surpassing his own expectations during his initial years. He still preferred to stay in this suite over a hotel whenever he visited Mumbai office ever since he moved to a different continent. 

His cabin was painted in the whitest shade of white and well illuminated with a die for view of Sea side which he always found to be very calming. He loved the sound of waves hitting the concrete walls guarding the city coast. That was another reason why he refused to completely vacate this building and shift his base to BICP permanently. Several awards and recognitions were displayed all across the room including the wall behind his chair. Though he rarely attended any award ceremonies in the last 5 years. 

Within a few minutes of his arrival Ms. Nidhi Nayak, PA to Rishabh entered his cabin with a knock on his door.

Good morning Gentlemen. Glad to see you both back here in Mumbai” Ms. Nayak greeted both men in the room with a smile on her face. 

Nidhi Nayak, a young and energetic woman in her late 20s started her journey with BI as counter sales representative with Retail vertical and soon worked her level up with in the organization as one of the most trusted members who worked closely with Rishabh. She considered him as his mentor because he was the one to recognise her worth during one of  his surprise visit to the store she worked with and helped her unleash the talent that she herself wasn’t aware of. She was the one who managed everything all this while he was away. They coordinated over calls, emails or video calls

Good Morning, Ms. Nayak. Good to see you too. Hope all the arrangements are made for the meeting? Rishabh asked.

All the arrangements are made Mr. Bajaj. All department heads are already here and waiting for the meeting to commence. I just came here to check if you need anything before the meeting” said Nidhi waiting with a notepad to note down the instructions if Rishabh decided to give any. 

“I am good Ms. Nayak. Just have someone connect my laptop to the display screen. It’s right there on the couch. That’ll be all for now, Thank you. Mehra and I will join you in umm..” Rishabh looked at his watch and continuedin 25 mins from now. One more thing, I need a black coffee”

Sure Mr. Bajaj. I will get that done Nidhi left the cabin with Rishabh’s laptop bag. 

"I'll also take your leave Sir, see you in the meeting room" said Mehra and left for his work station.

Rishabh lit his cigar and walked towards the glass wall to enjoy his favourite view outside, while puffing on his cigar.

ACHARYA FOUNDATION

10.15AM

Prerna eyes stopped at middle aged a woman dressed in a crisp white saree with a red border. She wore a big red bindi and her hair casually tied into a low bun. She was speaking to someone on the phone while trolling on the grass bare feet outside the premises. Ayesha, informed her that the woman talking over the phone was her mother. Ms. Acharya smiled several times while engaged in her conversation over the phone and her face radiated with a glow. She definitely looked like a person who was happy and content in life. Prerna could feel butterflies inside her stomach. She was excited at the same time felt a bit anxious about her meeting with this woman. Prerna and Ayesha waited for her to finish her conversation. Ms. Acharya finished her call and walked towards them. 

You must be Prerna? Ms. Acharya extended her right hand towards Prerna for a hand shake. 

“You are right Maa.. this is Prerna. Prerna, meet my Maa.. Ms. Bandana Acharya Ayesha introduced the two.

Prerna shook her hand and saidPleasure meeting you Mam

Mam nahi. You can call me Bandana or Ms. Acharyasaid Ms. Acharya.

But mam, how can I, aap mujhse bade hain Prerna retorted. 

“Ayesha, you go do your work and Prerna tum mere sath aao. Hum yahan Mam or Sir culture encourage nahi karte islie we call each other by name. It keeps the discussion equal for all irrespective of their age or position. Let’s go for a walk outside in the garden.” Ms. Acharya kept her hand on her soldier and they both walked towards the garden area. 

Ms. Acharya and Prerna sat on a swing surrounded by beautiful flowers. Prerna felt extremely comfortable in the company of this new person she met only a few moments ago. 

Ayesha told me how you love kids and that you have a heart of gold. Usne tumhe humare NGO aur humare kaam ke bare mein to bata hi diya hoga. So I  don’t think I need to take you through all that yet again. You will be working directly with me and I will try my best to guide you and make this one of the best experiences of your life. By the way Ayesha told me you got married recently and it didn’t go well. It ended with a divorce, right?” Perna’s face immediately changed colours reflecting her discomfort. 

I am sorry Prerna, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I also married the love of my life when I was 22 and we had Ayesha and her Natasha. After a long marriage of 20 years we decided to separate 8 years ago as I had to decide between this foundation and my marriage. Ayesha lives with me and her sister is still with my ex-husband & we still continue to meet. Sometimes life gets us to a stage where we need to make tough decisions. It all depends on how strong you are to stand for yourself in the worst of situations. Hum aksar sabke liye jitna sochte hain utna kabhi khud ke liye nahi sochte

Prerna could do nothing but admire this woman who sat next to her on the swing. She had no apprehension in sharing her most personal details with a stranger like her with such an ease. She looked so much at peace with herself, something that Prena could only dream of as she always found her life entangled because of everyone around her. 

Where are you lost Prerna Ms. Acharya moved her hand in front of Prerna's face to bring her out of her thoughts.

No, nothing Mam.. I mean Ms. Acharya

“Acha Chalo, take your stuff, we have to go for a community visit. You should meet the people you are going to work with” Prerna got up and Ms. Acharya waited for her at the swing. 

BAJAJ INFRAGIANTS HO

10:29am

Sharp at 10.29 Rishabh made an entry to the conference room where everyone else was already present including Nidhi and  Mr. Mehra. Everyone got up from their place as they saw him walking towards his chair at the other end of the room. 

Can someone tell me who exactly are we dealing with?” he unbuttoned his jacket and took his seat.  

Mr. Bajaj, Polaris group is trying to...” said one of the department heads but he was cut short by Rishabh.

“I don’t think your heard my question properly, Deshmukh. I asked if you can me tell me WHO we are dealing with, not what we are dealing with He quickly grabbed the remote to dim the lights and turned the display screen on. Everyone focused on the screen, only to find a picture of a man dressed in formals. He looked young, somewhat in his late 30’s with an enigmatic personality. Everyone excluding Mehra looked puzzled looking at the image and waited for Rishabh to share more details. 

Even in the dimly lit room,  questioning expressions didn’t go unnoticed by Rishabh. No wonder a comparatively small organisation like Polaris Group is giving you all the sleepless nights.” 

He got up from his chair and moved towards the screen and stood with his left hand inside the pocket of his trousers and right hand changing the images on the screen. 

“POLARIS GROUP is not our problem, our real problem is this man we see on the screen.” said Rishabh pointing at the screen.

He is the one we are dealing with and he is the ONLY real problem in the whole thing. ADITYA ADHIRAJ, son of the late Mr. Mohinder Adhiraj the owner of Adhiraj Industries. Adhiraj Industries now taken over by Aditya’s younger brother Avinash Adhiraj. Once you know about the brain that's behind the whole game you'd be better equipped to plan the strategy as it is more important to know your opponent well before you get into the play. You need to be aware of your opponent's strengths as well as weaknesses and strike when the time is right."

"ADITYA ADHIRAJ a tech genius, the man behind the best of the apps available today. One of the founding members of giant digital platform WebFlix, that we bought 10 years ago. It’s not unknown to anyone of us that WebFlix not only ranks at the top for the content and viewership but also contributes immensely towards revenues for Bajaj Infragiants"

Some of the junior members were shocked to hear that Viraj Bharadwaj founded WebFlix now owned by BI.

"He is a man who does business with his heart. He lost WebFlix to us in an auction, because he could not sustain without proper expansion plan. He decided to separate from his family organisation after a small family feud and entered the world of consulting. He worked with best consulting firms across the globe. His biggest contribution has been in the way corporates get involved in huge social development projects and digitised the entire working method. Any company would be lucky to have him on board with them for the sheer talent that he owns. But his emotions are his biggest enemies. Once things get to his ego, he can't go on for very long. Only thing he dreads is failure, even if we are able to reverse some of his plans he will kill the rest himself"

Rishabh turned the screen off and Nidhi immediately turned the light on bringing everyone back to reality as they were completely lost in Rishabh's presentation.

He sat back in his chair and continued Unfortunately all the plans most of you have shared in the past two days are only hitting the symptoms and not the real cause. So now all you have to do is fix a few dates for Mr. Adhiraj with his own failure and he will back out on his own” 

What's done is done, now I want you all to activate all your sources and keep a track on future activities and Polaris’s next moves especially HIS. Update me on every little detail and I don’t care even if you need to wake anyone up in the middle of the night, including me.

Mehra, for the fake cases against our clients, I want you and Legal Department to assign a special team to investigate and work with clients. If needed involve every political connection possible. And if any of our client is at fault, cancel all contracts with immediate effect. We can’t risk to take huge loss in future for short term gains. I hope I made myself clear enoughLegal team members nodded in agreement. “All right then you guys get going Mehra left with his team members and Rishabh shifted his focus to Khanna who looked tense. 

Khanna what’s this expression for? Your clients is SpaceKing Airlines right?” asked Rishabh.

Yes Sir, on Polaris suggestion our client’s biggest competitor AirFly Airlines had a promotion to give away 5,200 seats for travel to London and New York on the 21st of this month. Our client SK Airlines recently added international non stop flights to London and New York and they are worried that this move will hit them financially. Time is too short for SK to plan out a counter promotion, its just 5 days and being a low fare airline they fear this will cause huge losses as many of their fliers may shift. And even if they try to promote they will have to bear huge expenses for the promotion which will be a huge burden on them. FlyAir comparatively has large budget for promotions being the biggest in the business” Khanna looked more tense as he tried to explain his situation. 

Khanna tell SK and our social media team to run ads that should say,-

“It has always been SpaceKing Airlines’s policy to encourage you to fly to London and New York for as little as possible. So on January 201st we encourage you to fly with FlyAir Airlines”.  

“Don’t use any expensive platform for the ads. Social Media will have maximum reach with lowest investment. Idea is to spread AIrFly's promotion through word of mouth as much as possible” 

“But Sir, you are asking them to promote AirFly Airlines. Why would they do it and what will they gain from this? asked Khanna who was almost panicking not able to understand why would his boss propose an idea to promote competitor.

“Khanna you are looking at 21st January. What did I say a moment back look beyond the short term losses and focus on bigger gains in future. You just said, SK doesn’t have time or money to come up with another promotion to tackle AirFly. So why not use this opportunity to create a buzz and goodwill for the SK Airlines amongst existing and prospect fliers. Just imagine the kind of news coverage this promotion will generate for SJ without having to spend a fortune. Every time anyone talks about AirFly they will also be talking about SpaceKing. More AirFly promotes its ad, SK will be mentioned too. It will cost AirFly a lot more than SK to get the same coverage. And the psychological impact it will leave on the fliers for its good gesture for a competitor, that comes as an added advantage. So SK may lose on 21st Jan which it will under any circumstances because it's inevitable. But that’s just one day isn’t it?” 

Rishabh shifted back in his chair looking away from Khanna. I can already see Aditya Adhiraj answering his client for making them invest them so much on this promotion and discounted air fares on international routes which will only help its competitor gain more. That’ll not be less than a blow to him. One blow at a time and Polaris Group will only regret getting him on board”

Khanna was very impressed with the idea, his dull face all of a sudden found its missing smile. “I will get on it right now with my Client and our team” He looked quite excited to implement as they had very little time. He picked up his files and left.

And the rest of you I know you guys are struggling with lower quotes, but let them go ahead with it. I want to see how long a small organisation can go on before they run out of their funds. I am sure Aditya will get them funds, but no investor will invest to lose. I don’t think they can go beyond 2 or 3 months before they run dry. And then we come to rescue at our terms and our quotes” Rishabh got up with a smirk on his face and walked towards the window. 

But Sir, 3 months is quite a long time and may cause us huge losses if we don’t..”

“Dekhmukh are you telling me there are no other ways to promote our brands or clients. You partner with new platforms, approach youtubers, influencers, use our own publications and digital platforms, get in touch with mobile game developers, augmented reality, there is so much. Just match the right brand with the right platform to target the apt customers. Get more creative if you can’t get young minds on board, freelancers. I have already shared an outline with you all, now you need to frame the detailed plans in the next 48 hours

Use your skills to convince external brands and I give you a free hand for our own brands. I want Polaris to lose all its got and then we strike

Rishabh was about to move on to the next project when Nidhi stood up from her place and announced, “Gentlemen, I think we must part for a lunch break Rishabh was surprised and wanted to interrupt but Nidhi didn’t seem to care about his objection Let's resume this meeting at 2.30pm. You could all leave your files and documents here as this room will be locked. Thank you all for your participation Everyone got up and left one by one leaving a confused Rishabh and Nidhi in the conference room. 

Ms. Nayak, what was that??” Rishabh looked at her with questioning eyes. 

“I am sorry Mr. Bajaj but I have strict instructions from Mr. Mehra and your Aunt Mrs. Sharda to not let you miss your meals and make sure you get enough rest. I am just doing my job She showed him Sharda’s message on her phone that she received 15 mins ago. 

Rishabh took a deep sigh “We were in the middle of an important discussion Ms. Nayak..”

“Even those men needed a break Mr. Bajaj, its past 1pm already. As per company rules 1-2 is the lunch hour” Nidhi wasn’t ready to give in to her boss’s excuses.

Rishabh rubbed his eyes “Seriously Ms. Nayak..”

Rishabh picked up his phone from the table and got up to leave the room nodding his head in disbelief, I can’t believe she actually sent you a message. Ms Nayak you need not take such messages seriously”

“I need to Mr. Bajaj, you know that” she replied.

Are you sure it's lunch time already?Rishabh exited the room checking his watch and Nidhi followed, smiling at her boss who wouldn’t stop ranting. 

Rishabh was in his private suite where Shibu, their office help arranged his lunch and he decided to call home to check on Kukki. 

BASANTI SLUMS, CALCUTTA

1.15 PM

After travelling for about 1.5 hours Bandana Acharya and Prerna stepped out of a bus that only had a couple of benches to sit. It was a bus converted into a school on wheels by the foundation, equipped with a small library and a lot of stuff to conduct educational activities. She was joined with 2 staff members and 3 volunteers who had joined them for the day’s session. 

As soon as she stepped out of the bus she saw a different world, which was completely different from the one that she had been used to all her life. She saw narrow roads with filth on either sides, criss-cross of electric wired running everywhere with no end. Large hoardings of political leaders who apparently made several promises to improve the condition of the area, if they won the elections.

Most  of the people lived in makeshift bamboo houses, big enough to fit two people. She saw a woman brushing her hair outside her house, looking in a handheld mirror. Another woman stoked a fire underneath a pot inside a makeshift clay fire pit beside an active railway track. Children played on train tracks and did their best to get away as soon as the heard a train incoming. 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw several children run towards them and ended up hugging Ms. Acharya and the other staff members and volunteers. They were all excited to see their school come to them. Staff member gave them a few instructions and they all ran back to their houses and within no time they were back with small backpacks that had “ACHARYA FOUNDATION” printed on each one of them. They all went inside the bus with the staff and volunteers while Ms. Acharya stayed back with Prerna. 

Ms. Acharya took her to a small room that served as a small office for them and ordered tea for both of them and she asked Prerna “What happened Prerna? You look lost”

Actually I have never seen anything like this before other than on television on movies. It feels so different said Prerna while sipping her tea and still looking at the people outside through that small office’s door. 

I know this feeling very well. I felt something similar when I came here for the first time with my baba. I know the living conditions of people here is dismal. Clothing and food is made from the reuse of others. Health care is almost none and life expectancy is short. Education is restricted to nearby primary schools run by the government, and you know the quality of education there. Childhood is short as children have to work at an early age to earn a living for the family. Each day brings them a new struggle. We as a foundation try our best to bring in a few moments of relief in their life. We work with Children on their education and with women in the community as it is very easy for the kids to leave studies, but if we involve mothers and empower them it helps. This is your first day so it can be overwhelming, but it was necessary for you to come here and experience the reality. How people are content even with so little and a small act of ours can create a huge impact. Like I told you this will be a life changing experience if you feel ready for it” Ms. Acharya was interrupted when a few women came to meet her. She immediately got up and sat with the women on the floor. Prerna heard their conversation admiring her simplicity and followed the group as they moved out of that small room to visit houses. 

6.00 PM

Prerna visited several houses with Ms. Acharya and other women of the community closely observing them and hearing their stories. They all had their lunch with one of the families. After spending a few hours they decided to leave. While walking back to their bus Ms. Acharya got busy on a phone call and Prerna was again lost in her surroundings. 

You know Prerna, I just got a call from our sponsor, the person who is helping us with the funds. I met him 5 years ago in Calcutta in one of the conferences organised for all Not for Profit organisations. He was one of the  main speakers. A young man who worked very closely with development sector and made immense contribution. Since then we started interacted and learnt a lot from each other. He recently joined a marketing firm in Mumbai as CEO. I am really not sure why he did that because he is truly not meant for the mean corporate word is what I feel. He is too emotional for that, but I am sure he has his own reasons

What’s his name?” asked Prerna curious to know about this man, Ms Acharya was so impressed with.

Aditya Adhiraj.. After working as a Consultant for several, he is now heading Polaris Group in Mumbai” said Ms. Acharya, feeling proud of the young man and his passion.

Anyway he said our first round of funds will be released in the next 15 days but we need to share a detailed plan next week itself. So Ayesha, you and I have a lot to do” 

“That’s a wonderful news Ms. Acharya, I’ll be there on time. All I need is your guidance and I promise to give my best. Thank you very much for this wonderful experience that I had today” said Prerna feeling really pumped up to get into action.

Soon the entire team was on their way back to the city.

7.30 PM

Rishabh was busy in his cabin alone when he got a call from Masi. He informed Sharda that he will soon leave and asked her to ready Kukki as he wanted to take her out for a surprise ice cream treat.

Prerna called her mother and called everyone to a restaurant to celebrate her first day at work.

8.30 PM

MUMBAI

Rishabh on his way home, was lost in his thoughts. 

''This couldn't be what you plan to do Adhiraj, I know there is more to come. All these are just to create a distraction while you execute your real game. Bring it on, I am ready for all you got. You don't belong in Polaris. You are not destined to stand against me Aditya Adhiraj. I promise to put you where you belong" 

He was having a conversation with himself about all that Aditya Adhiraj was doing.  He had a determined look while he looked outside through the car window.

------------

CALCUTTA

Prerna in her cab to the restaurant was reflecting over her entire day and her thoughts got stuck on Aditya Adhiraj and she decided to google him. Not much was available online but she did get to read a few articles on him and some of his work. she was impressed with everything Ms. Acharya had shared about him. 

"There are people like Aditya Adhiraj, who work relentlessly to make others' lives better. Ms. Acharya was really impressed with him, aur kyun na ho unhone kaam hi aisey kiye hain. Ms Acharya and Aditya are both my idols now, I am sure I can learn a lot from these two and all the wonderful people I met today"  She thought.

She had a smile on her face as she looked at the world outside in a different light.

Part 8- Page 42

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago

Originally posted by WaqtZaya

Ok I will come back in the morning😒

So sorry.. I made you wait for so long.. its updated.. 

LoL. Idhar Prerna is inspired by Adhiraj and udhar Bajaj is going to Destroy Adhiraj 😆👏 loved the interconnections so much. 👏 especially the effort you have maintained to keep the two in sync with time.

Massi and her role, her repentance is making her more protective about Bajju, Which is very endearing to see. 

The scene, evaluation of the situation was amazing, very well written, very endearing yet so Bajaj like. 👏

On another note, can someone just pack Shivani up and dump her somewhere faaaaaaar away from Sharma Nivas? Or get her married to a guy who is switching to a different continent all together the very next day of his marriage? She really needs to go 😵 

Or pls send her to Anurag where he is and let her stay with him only 😡don't return her back 😡

Ps. The small details you wrote painstakingly to show why Bajaj is Bajaj, is extraordinary. I am so impressed. Even Bajaj would have been impressed by you.  

Pps Milao pyaase dilo ko jaldi 🤔