Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ridz_deadly thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey! Read all your ILYLTF Chapters in one go! Awesome job. Eagerly waiting for the next update. Happy New Year✨

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Happy new year 🥳

Pls update soon

Bananahammock thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

I'm doing great, Payal! Hope you're doing good as well. Also, I'm typing up the new ILYLTF chapter right now so y'all should get an update soon, hopefully!

I hope you had a great Christmas!! ❤

I did have a great Christmas. It was the first year my kids were old enough to understand something is happening (they're 20 months) so it was eventful. 

A very happy new year to you! Wish you lots of happiness and success. I hope you get time off to relax before school starts.

Payal

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

AR's wedding date is finalized. Riddhima convinces Billy & Ananya not to buy her and Armaan a house as a wedding present.

Chapter 98

"Aatchhhoooo!" Armaan sneezed, yet again. He blew his nose and then turned back to his reports. So, maybe getting wet in the unexpected rain last night after dropping his parents to the airport had not been the best idea. But Riddhima had insisted, and as always, he was never able to deny her anything.

Which begged the question… where was Riddhima? Since he was sneezing so much, he was confined to his cabin and not taking rounds lest he pass on the cold to his patients as well, so he hadn't seen her all morning. He just assumed she'd be with a patient, but it was almost 11 am and she was never on rounds at this time. Plus, she hadn't even answered any of his texts or calls in the morning.

Sighing, Armaan abandoned the reports and decided to go look for her. He didn't find her, but he did run into Anjali.

"Armaan, kya hua? Are you okay?" Anjali asked after he sneezed twice before getting a word out.

"Anjy, I'm fine. Woh chodo. Riddhima kahaan hai? Main subah se phone try kar raha hoon, but she's not answering. Aur hospital mein bhi nahi dikhi," he said, in between a few more sneezes.

"Oh, Ridzy. She fell sick after your little detour last night. Usse kaafi fever ho raha hai, toh she's sleeping it away," Anjali told him.

"Oh. Sh*t! Maine bola tha usse ki aise bin mausam barsaat mein nahi bheegte. But tumhaari behen kabhi meri baat nahi sunti! How is she now? Mumma hai uske saath?" He asked.

"No, yaa! Mom aur Nani toh kal raat ko hi Lonavala chali gayi thi. Aur Dad bhi Pune gaye hue hain. Main khud rukne wali thi Ridzy ke saath, but meri aaj back to back 2 surgeries hain. Abhi Rahul hai uske saath," Anjali told him. "She's doing better, but tumhe pata haina how cranky she gets when she's sick."

"I know! Yaar, I shouldn't have listened to her!" He moaned.

"Armaan, relax! It's just fever," Anjali replied. Her pager went off then, and she left, leaving Armaan standing there in the middle of the corridor. He was debating whether or not he should go to Dr. Keerti and beg for a leave when he saw an agitated Rahul walk into the hospital. Armaan immediately rushed to him worried that something might have happened to Riddhima.

“Rahul!” He called out. “Kya hua? Riddhima theek haina? Tu yahaan kya kar raha hai?”

“Armaan!” Rahul cried. “Relax. It’s okay. Riddhu is fine. Yahaan hospital mein emergency hai. I just got a page. Isliye aaya hoon.”

“Oh! But… Riddhima is fine, right?” Armaan cross checked.

“Yes. She’s doing better than before. But bukhaar abhi bhi hai. Usse sulaakar aaya hoon. Yeh stupid emergency! Ughhh,” Rahul replied, frustrated. “Maine kaha bhi Dr. Keerti se ki Riddhu bimaar hai and I have to stay with her, but tujhe pata haina… yeh Gabbar kabhi kisi ki nahi sunnti, toh mujhe aana pada!”

“But Riddhima ghar pe akeli hogi na ab?” Armaan wondered out loud.

“Akeli toh hai… but koi aur option nahi hai na iss waqt. Chal… I have to go! Mujhe late ho raha hai. Tu zyada tension mat le… Riddhu will be fine,” Rahul said, walking away.

“Ab toh jaana hi padega,” Armaan decided, walking to Dr. Keerti’s cabin.

An hour, and a lot of pleadings with Dr. Keerti, later, Armaan was parking his car outside the Gupta Mansion. He opened the door with his key, which Mumma had provided him with just a couple days ago after the wedding date had been fixed, stating that now that Armaan was officially a part of the family, he should be treated as such and she didn’t want him to feel like a guest in his own house. Which is why, she’d given him the key. Armaan had gotten emotional and hugged her really tightly in order to hide his tears but she’d felt them anyway and pulled away to wipe them from his face, stating that she didn’t like to see her kids cry and Armaan better not do it again, especially in front of her.

Armaan shook his head to rid himself of those memories because he was sure he’d start crying again if he remembered more of it, and turned the lock to open the door. He walked up to Riddhima’s room and saw that she was sprawled across the bed, still in her pyjamas, hugging the dog soft toy he’d given to her the day he’d proposed.

He tiptoed to her and sat on the bed, caressing her head. He immediately pulled his hand back when it touched her skin. She was burning up! Worried, he immediately rushed to the bathroom and came back with a bowl of cold water. He soaked a towel in the water and repeatedly kept the wet cloth on her forehead in hopes of bringing her fever down.

“Ar… Arm… Arma… Armaan!” Riddhima whispered, after a few minutes.

“Shhhh!” Armaan immediately shushed her, wrapping his arm around her neck and resting his cheek on her forehead. “It’s okay. Shhhh.”

He lightly rubbed his cheek on her forehead, hoping it would soothe her and kept a continuous rhythm of his other hand caressing her arm lightly. Riddhima turned to her side and buried her head in his stomach, making Armaan sit up so that she could snuggle into him. He dropped repeated kisses to the top of her head when she did that.

A few minutes later, he spoke softly, not wanting to startle her. “Dawai li?” He asked. She shook her head. He sighed.

“Kuch khaya?” He tried again, only to be met with another shake of her head.

“Riddhima… aise kaise chalega? Tumhe theek nahi hona kya?” He asked her. Riddhima shook her head. Armaan chuckled.

"Paagal ho tum," he said, smiling affectionately. "Tum yahin raho. Main abhi kuch leke aata hoon, okay?"

Riddhima pouted and held his hand, not wanting to let him go, but Armaan carefully extracted his hand from hers and bent down to kiss her forehead before going to the kitchen.

He saw that Rahul had cooked some oats and even Riddhima's favourite (read : I hate this the least) soup, but obviously had been unsuccessful in getting her to eat anything. He heated everything up and made a salad to go with the soup and then took everything up to Riddhima’s room.

“Here we go!” He cheered as he entered. “Let’s eat!”

“Armaan mujhe yeh sab boring, bimaron wala khana nahi khana,” she complained.

“Basket! Ab bimar ho toh bimaron wala khana ki milega na! Chalo… zyada naatak mat karo. Chup chap isse khalo, come on!” Armaan insisted.

“Armaan… nahi… please,” she resisted,

“Basketttttt,” he reprimanded. “Thoda sa kha lo na. Please. For me?” He pleaded, bringing a spoonful of soup upto her lips. Riddhima made a face, but ate the soup and Armaan kept on feeding her, keeping her distracted with frivolous talks.

“Bas. Ab aur nahi kha sakti main,” she said after a while and Armaan kept the bowl aside. He reached into the bedside drawer and removed the first aid kit.

“Ab dawa bhi leni padegi kya?” Riddhima whined.

“Of course leni padegi, Basket,” Armaan replied. “Bina dawa liye kaise chalega?”

“Mujhe nahi chahiye!” She declared.

“Basket, tum bachchon jaise behave mat karo. Dawa lene mein itne nakhre toh Gappu bhi nahi karta jitne tum karti ho!” He teased her.

“Armaan… Please! Mujhe nahi chahiye,” she pleaded.

“Sorry, Jaana. Medicines toh saari leni padegi. Come on! Agar tumne medicines li toh aaj shaam ko tumhara favourite dessert banaunga dinner mein,” he bargained.

“Pakka?” Riddhima pressed.

“Pakka,” Armaan agreed.

“Fine!” She gave in. Armaan smiled and gave her the medicines, helping her drink water to swallow them. Once she’d taken all the medicines, Armaan cleared everything off the bed and made her lie down again, covering her in a blanket.

“Chalo, so jao ab. Rest karogi toh achcha lagega,” he instructed. He tried to stand up to keep all the things away, but Riddhima held his hand not letting him go.

“Kahaan jaa rahe ho?” She asked.

“Bas yeh saara samaan wind up karne jaa raha hoon. Yun gaya aur yun aaya,” he reassured her.

“Aise kaise? Tumne toh khaya hi nahi. Aur khud dawa li? Jabse cheenk rahe ho!” She exclaimed. Armaan just shrugged.

“Tum bilkul paagal ho, Armaan! Abhi mujhe daant rahe the lekin khudka dhyaan rakhna tumhe bilkul nahi aata. Chalo yeh soup tum finish karo aur fir dawa bhi lena,” she commanded.

“Basket, tum rest karo main baad mein kha lunga,” he told her.

“Nahi. Tum nahi khaoge mujhe pata hai. Abhi khao,” she insisted.

“Riddhima… main subah ghar se nashta karke nikla tha. Mujhe abhi nahi khana. Main baad mein kha lunga. Promise,” he reassured.

“Pakka?” She questioned.

“Ekdum pakka!” He promised. She let go off his hand and Armaan stood up, kissing her forehead and tucking her in before leaving the room. When he came back a few minutes later, Riddhima was already asleep. Armaan smiled and sat down beside her, taking her hand in his own, glad to note the difference in her temperature. He didn’t even realize when he fell asleep too.

That’s how Rahul found them a few hours later. Riddhima was fast asleep on her bed, while Armaan was sleeping while still sitting, his head resting near Riddhima’s pillow and both their faces turned towards each other while they held each other’s hand tightly. He shook his head at them fondly and left the room, wanting to let them rest for a while.

Once outside, he texted Anjali to let her know that Riddhima was doing better and that Armaan was looking after her. He'd only managed to make some rice for dinner when the doorbell rang. He opened the door to find all his friends there - Atul, Nikki, Abhi, Muskaan, and of course, Anjali. 

"Uhhh… Tum sab yahaan kya kar rahe ho?" He asked them, flabbergasted.

"Main yahin rehti hoon, in case you've forgotten," Anjali tsked.

"Not you, Anjy! Yeh baaki sab!" Rahul explained.

"We're having a sleepover!" Nikki cheered.

Rahul looked at Anjali who just nodded in agreement. "We are," she confirmed.

The gang all occupied the living room and kitchen. Their noise woke Armaan up. He was disoriented for a second before he realized where he was, and why. He immediately checked Riddhima's temperature and was glad to note that it was almost all gone. Just a slight feverishness remained. He extracted his hand from hers carefully and got up. He stretched to get rid of the nicks in his body due to sleeping in that uncomfortable position and then kissed Riddhima's forehead before going downstairs to see who was creating that ruckus, only to find all his friends lounging when he got there.

"Chup!!" He commanded. "Keep it down, will you? Riddhima so rahi hai."

The noise ceased almost immediately and all of them quickly apologized to him for disturbing them.

"Ridzy kaisi hai ab?" Anjali asked.

"She's doing better,"Armaan replied. "Fever almost utar gaya hai. Kal subah tak ekdum theek ho jaayegi."

“Thank god! I was worried,” Anjali replied. Armaan gave her a reassuring hug and moved to the kitchen to find Rahul there.

“Hello, Ra - oooool,” he greeted his best friend, smiling wide.

“Armaan,” Rahul replied, his tone reprimanding.

“Ab main kya kiya, yaar?” Armaan asked, whining.

“Tune subah se kuch khaya?” Rahul asked. Before Armaan could reply, he added, “Jhooth bolne ki toh sochna bhi mat. Maine dekha subah ka kitna khana bacha hua hai. And I don’t think tune kuch khaya hai.”

Armaan shrugged sheepishly. “Yaar, woh kab neend aa gayi pata hi nahi chala,” he told Rahul.

Rahul sighed. “Tera kuch nahi ho sakta. Chal aa. Baith. Khale kuch!”

“Haan! Bhook toh bohot zor se lag rahi hai,” Armaan said.

“Din bhar kuch khayega nahi toh aisa hi hoga na,” Rahul scolded. He made Armaan sit on the kitchen island and plated the dal and chawal for him, serving it to him with a stern expression.

“Sab kuch khatam kar lena chup chap, samjha?” he ordered Armaan who only nodded and then dug in.

“Khud ka bhi thoda dhyaan rakh liya kar,” Rahul commented lightly, as he watched Armaan eat. “Jab dekho bas idhar udhar bhaagta rehta hai.”

“Tu na… bilkul Mumma ki tarah sound kar raha hai ab,” Armaan laughed.

“Armaan… I’m serious! Tu dhyaan rakhna. Dekh… aajkal kaam ka waise hi itna stress hota hai sabko, upar se specialization exams bhi aa rahe hain… aur shaadi ki bhi tayyari start ho jaayengi 1-2 din mein Shashank Uncle aur Padma Aunty ke waapas aane ke baad. You need to look after yourself… itna saara sab ek saath… bohot pressure hoga. Aur agar tu good boy banke nahi rahega na toh bohot problem ho jaayegi,” Rahul told him.

“Rahul… tu bekaar mein itni tension le raha hai, yaar. Kuch nahi hua. Aaj bas so gaya tha toh khana nahi khaya time pe… bas ek baar,” Armaan tried to placate him.

“Sirf aaj ki baat nahi hai, Armaan. College ke dinon se tujhe jaanta hoon, isliye keh raha hoon. Jab kabhi bhi exams paas aane wali hoti hain tu kaise behave karta hai yeh koi aur nahi jaanta lekin main bohot achche se jaanta hoon. Isliye tujhe warn kar raha hoon. Meals skip bilkul mat karna. Warna phir final year ki tarah kuch hua… aur tujhe hospital mein admit karna pada… toh 4 thappad aur maarunga tujhe. Samjha?” Rahul ordered.

Armaan nodded numbly. He remembered clearly what had happened in his final year of MBBS. He’d gotten so worked up over exams that he’d started skipping meals in order to get more study time. He didn’t even sleep properly. That had led to him getting hospitalized just before the exams because of dehydration and weakness. He’d had to stay in there for 4 days before his doctors had allowed him to leave. That was not something he wanted a repeat of. No, sir. He'd make sure not to skip meals, and to get enough sleep now. He'd learnt his lesson back then.

Once he was finished eating, Armaan whipped up some brownies for Riddhima, because he'd promised her he'd make her dessert in the evening, and then went to wake her up.

"Basket," he called softly, waking her up. "Come on. Khana kha lo."

"Mmmmm," Riddhima mumbled, still half asleep.

"Come on!" Armaan coaxed. "Bohot late ho raha hai. Thoda kha lo."

Riddhima sat up, rubbing her eyes. "There's my girl," Armaan smiled, kissing her forehead. "Ab achcha lag raha hai?" He asked.

Riddhima nodded. He felt her forehead and agreed, saying, "Bukhaar toh almost chala gaya hai. Kal subah tak tum ekdum theek ho jaogi."

"All thanks to you!" Riddhima replied. "Thank you, Armaan. Tumne itni achchi tarah se mera khayal rakha."

Armaan laughed. "Tum na… paagal ho paagal. Iske liye thank you bologi? Riddhima… we're getting married. Looking after you… Yeh meri responsibility hai. Aur mera haq bhi. Main dhyaan nahi rakhunga toh kaun rakhega?"

Riddhima blushed and hugged him. "You're the best!"

"Woh toh main hoon," Armaan agreed, making her laugh.

"Achcha… Ab neeche chalogi? Sab aaye hain… Champ, Nikki, Muski, Abhi… All of them. Ya agar nahi toh main dinner yahin le aata hoon," he asked her.

"Nahi, Armaan. Poore din se toh yahin thi. Main chalti hoon neeche," she told him. "I'm bored. Sabke saath baithungi toh mujhe achcha lagega."

"Okay, then! Come on. Get up!" He ordered, standing up and then pulling her up with him.

He helped her downstairs and the gang all took turns hugging her and asking her how she was feeling. Once they were all satisfied that she was doing better, they all sat for dinner, telling Riddhima & Armaan about everything the couple had missed at the hospital during the day.

Armaan kept a constant check on what Riddhima was eating, and at one point just started feeding her himself, making everyone at the table smile. He adored her so much and it showed in everything he did.

Once dinner was put away, and they'd gorged on Armaan's brownies, Muskaan suggested watching a movie, and so they all snuggled up in front of the huge television in the living room with some popcorn.

Anjali watched as Riddhima snuggled into Armaan and he wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer. He kissed the top of her head and murmured something into her ear, that brought a brilliant smile to her face, before turning back to the screen. Her sister was so lucky to have found someone as amazing as Armaan, and she couldn't be happier for her. She felt a blanket wrap around her shoulders and turned to see Atul tucking her into it and smiled. So, maybe she had found someone amazing as well. And she couldn't have asked for anything else in the world. 

Heyo! So, the new chapter is finally up! Yay!

Thank you so much for being so patient with me and my slow updates. I know it's frustrating but I am trying my best, I promise. I don't want to write halfheartedly and give y'all some sh*tty chapter, which is why these take longer than I'd like.

Anyway, this one is for @TaniDMGLover! Tanuuuuuuuu, I hope you liked this, love! And that it lived up to your expectations! :)

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope you have a great year full of happiness and success! :)

TaniDMGlover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Pragsssssss!!!! 

Thank youuuu soooo much for this super super super amaze chapter...You not onky lives up to Munich expectations but in all honesty did much more than that<3 I legit loved every bit! 

That scene when Armaan reaches home and takes care of her and we she wakes up and he just soothes her by placing his cheek on her head...I mean how so good *happy tears* 

Then of course the way he soothes her and is like jaana medicines to leni padegi *hearty eyes* Then when he wakes her up and is like there’s my girl I am like there’s my Armaan <3<3 and the night during dinner the way he keeps a check on what she’s eating and just starts feeding her *Love struck level 10000*

I mean Armaan is so damn perfect and i loves how you showed that inspite of being sick Ridz was still bothered about his cold (such cuties by god)

And of course the finale cherry on the cake was Rahul I wanna legit everyone needs a Rahul in their lives. 

And now I am being very greedy but part jaldi nahi khatam Ho Gaya (Sob sob) I know you’re busy but plan try whe update as soon as you can...It’s such a therapy to read your story! 

Edited by TaniDMGlover - 4 years ago
Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

😭Itna caring armaan... luv him yaar

Aur finally anjali ko kuch kuch hua ❤️.  Ab inki bhi story jaldi badhe

Rahoool is bro👍🏼

Tysm for update 

Bananahammock thumbnail

Thanks for the update! Was short and sweet.

The end was so beautiful. I truly felt like you could have ended the ff right here. It was a fitting tribute to a couple that never got the screen space they deserved (I'm still bitter about it. AA had so much potential.)

The group should know better than to surprise AR with a sleepover! Poor things are sick and want nothing more than each other and some soup. By the way, Nikki's a real trooper. When I was pregnant, I stayed in my house all comfortable and people came to me. I wouldn't dare sleep over at someone else's what with my ginormous pregnancy body pillow and nausea and all the wonderful side effects of pregnancy.

Waiting for AA and RM's love stories to continue further as well. Would love to see more of AA/RM/AN's life as well. 

Still can't get over the last paragraph. Love it to bits. 

Payal

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago
Prizi thumbnail

Amazing update prags

Loved AR moments so much 

Edited by Prizi - 4 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Its so nice to have someone take care of you when you are sick.

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

wow mindblowing part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.ridzy bemar hai.armaan ne ridzy bohot accha khayel rakha.ridzy ka fever bhi chala gaya.gang AR ke sath sleep over ki liye aya hai.anji is happy.wo AR ko observe karraye hai.ridzy ki liye anji khush hai.beautiful story.eagerly waiting for next part❤️😍😘