New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 38

Posted: 4 years ago

Kudos to Arnav for signing Khushi up. She would not have taken this step on her own. The nicest payback to Alok would be Khushi saving his life one day. Maybe then he will appreciate what girls can do.

Just read 14 and i knew it....it is all for vihan my guess is right.....and now arnav will help her to become a doctor but still finger cross....

Arnav was so sweet!! He convinced Khushi to join as an intern. So beautiful update!! I just loved it! 

I was reading a story based on the show.  In that story Khushi was in Coma, Arnav keeps her on life support and after few months Anjali advises to remove the life support saying the family is actually suffocating Khushi by keeping her alive for their own selfishness and it is better to free Khushi from suffocation. 

In my mind I was literally screaming at Anjali for even proposing that.  It is strange how we react to the same scenario in different settings and involving different people.

Cheers.......

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago

Why would Khushi's father lie to her about her inlaws? That they won't like her to continue her work or internship?

It's strange he would do that to both his kids. Even his son. 

SO Arnav is actually making an effort to make things right for her....somewhat. 

Edited by imshveta - 4 years ago

I bet everyone new this would come to play someday but I bet no one would have guessed that it be done in a very cleverly, well devised plan.  Thank you Archi for setting it up so perfectly.

Arnav approached Khushi's matter like a life-defining, hugely important deal.  He made sure he covered all bases so that his fool proof plan would yield desired results.  For all the planning he did, he did not consider that Khushi is going to stand her ground and not accept his terms.  It was quite a shocker to him and I am glad he did not give up and hit the right note of throwing in Satya's no-objection rule to working.

Khushi on the other hand was unwilling to take the risk even if it meant giving up on her dreams.  I am glad that she didn't jump right in to Arnav's offer and put up a strong front.  But the end statement from Arnav was what broke her resolve.  I am excited for Khushi and hoping for happier days soon.

Arnav - Satya conversation was great.  I liked how Arnav took the initiative and talked to Satya about their marriage details - and how Satya responded without brushing off anything.  She not only alleviated his fears but also welcomed the concept of a working Khushi.  I love Satya even more now.

And Vihaan reacted in the most expected way. The way he questioned Arnav shows how deeply he is concerned for Khushi and her well-being.  It will be great to see how they build a up rapport with one another.

Really hoping for a good first day at work for Khushi!  And please Archi do make sure that Alok is not someone she meets.

Originally posted by Peppermint55

Tht we a quick update....finally things are moving between them...Ur simply the bestest... Thank you for writing this...

When will they fall in love??? Too soon na to ask??

Hehe... yes a little too soon đŸ˜† But at least there is scope for rabba ve's now! đŸ˜‰

Originally posted by Uzii

WoW such a marvellous chapter,I really expected this kind of reaction from Arnav after knowing abt her being a doctor n he is right  his parents would be so proud of their daughter in law.

Thank you!! Yes, the Raizada's are gonna be glowing with pride even more now...

Originally posted by -afsha-

I more in interested to know how Alok will react 😂😂😂

Thank God Arnav spoke to her for a change 🙄

Ahaha... Alok's reaction is gonna be put on hold for a while. Khushi needs a break đŸ˜‰

Originally posted by TwilightStar_JP

Whatte! So glad he turned out to be this! This is a very good start! But, there's still a lot to achieve as a couple. For starters, the entire truth about their marriage isn't out. I hope it comes out soon! 

Her family was completely kept in the dark about her background! Where is Medicine, where is business? I wish she had said it out loud that her father had said they wouldn't approve. Then he would have atleast retaliated saying we are nothing like it and they would know it was all Alok's doing! 

I'm so glad atleast this talk happened and she will continue her internship from tomorrow. 

Alok is going to flip once he gets to know this! Story is getting interesting now! 

Cheers 

Yes, the stage was set for Khushi to speak about what her father did... but it's hard for her to get over Arnav. For three months, he had ignored her and blamed her for his misery. Of course, she isn't going to trust him at the drop of a hat and share her deepest, darkest fears. Arnav had it coming. But she will eventually warm up to him, like he did to her.

Originally posted by Miss.Zaidi

What an awesome update! Good that arnav has already started with the "damage control" mission.. I m SOO HAPPY  khushi said yes to the offer... 

It feels really nice to get regular updates archi!! 

And I am really looking forward to khushi rejoining the internship also I am keen to know if after crazy duty hours khushi comes home tired and sleep deprived will arnav look after her smiley42

I m liking this arnav 

Oh and I loved your other story "silent whispers"  it was a treat, really! Could not post my comment on the thread as it was closed so letting you know here smiley9

Woh... Aik baat puchni thi... Will you be able to give two updates this week smiley42

Hehe... Arnav is proving to be a very good pati. He will definitely tend to her after crazy hours đŸ˜‰

Thank you for loving Silent Whispers! It was the longest story i had ever written!

Two updates this week? I am posting three đŸ˜† But I will try to do two back to back updates soon. It's getting harder to write and post so quickly, so sorry for delaying đŸ¤—

Originally posted by Noor1234

Just read 14 and i knew it....it is all for vihan my guess is right.....and now arnav will help her to become a doctor but still finger cross....

Hehe yes... you were!

Originally posted by AbhiNikiLuver

HOLY CRAP GIRL.

Just went through and read the whole darn thing. (I also ready Silent Whispers in 2 hours like a maniac, but that deserves its own comment.)

Tbh Alok is a little a.s.s.w.i.p.e, but Garima is supposed to stand up for her kids. How could she not see Khushi's suffering? Also, what is this Vihaan made of? Khushi seems like she has more of spine than him! Okay and btw, whay does he want to be the MD anyway? Seems to me he can keep his job and become MD after daddy dearest dies anyway? Alok seems like the type to keep the family business in the family after all. 

And while I love the Raizadas- are they stupid? Or do they just take a lot at face value? How does "advice from a doctor friend" translate to "diagnose someone and use an alternate bronchodilator to treat"? (Also great job on the medical terminology - are you in healthcare?)

Anddddd Arnav. I want to be so mad at him but he's so good that I can't. 

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you Sheena đŸ¤— So glad you liked this story!! 

The Gupta family is very messed up... I can write a whole separate story on each character and how they became what they are. Vihaan, of course, is very weak compared to Khushi. And that's the problem Alok has with him too... he doesn't take a stand as well as his sister does. There will be eventually a chapter on why he wants to be MD, so I will leave his character in the dark for now.

Hehe, the Raizadas are not as clever as Alok. Satya tbh doesn't remember much from her attack, so she goes along with Khushi, and no one else was there at the situation to object to Khushi's explanation. The only person who wasn't fooled is Arnav, who knew that what she did was not normal like you said and that's why confronted her. 

And yes, I am kinda in healthcare... I did my masters in asthma. Hoping to be a doctor one day đŸ¤“ How about you? 

Originally posted by Savera84

I was reading a story based on the show.  In that story Khushi was in Coma, Arnav keeps her on life support and after few months Anjali advises to remove the life support saying the family is actually suffocating Khushi by keeping her alive for their own selfishness and it is better to free Khushi from suffocation. 

In my mind I was literally screaming at Anjali for even proposing that.  It is strange how we react to the same scenario in different settings and involving different people.

Cheers.......

I KNOWWW!! That's literally why I don't blame Alok for wanting to keep Garima on life support... from his perspective, his wife was very important. And he has hope that one day she will wake up đŸ˜’ No matter how bad a man he is, you can't blame him for hoping.

Originally posted by imshveta

Why would Khushi's father lie to her about her inlaws? That they won't like her to continue her work or internship?

It's strange he would do that to both his kids. Even his son. 

SO Arnav is actually making an effort to make things right for her....somewhat. 

Alok is indeed very strange... but at least, Khushi is far from him!

Originally posted by ManKiBaath

I bet everyone new this would come to play someday but I bet no one would have guessed that it be done in a very cleverly, well devised plan.  Thank you Archi for setting it up so perfectly.

Arnav approached Khushi's matter like a life-defining, hugely important deal.  He made sure he covered all bases so that his fool proof plan would yield desired results.  For all the planning he did, he did not consider that Khushi is going to stand her ground and not accept his terms.  It was quite a shocker to him and I am glad he did not give up and hit the right note of throwing in Satya's no-objection rule to working.

Khushi on the other hand was unwilling to take the risk even if it meant giving up on her dreams.  I am glad that she didn't jump right in to Arnav's offer and put up a strong front.  But the end statement from Arnav was what broke her resolve.  I am excited for Khushi and hoping for happier days soon.

Arnav - Satya conversation was great.  I liked how Arnav took the initiative and talked to Satya about their marriage details - and how Satya responded without brushing off anything.  She not only alleviated his fears but also welcomed the concept of a working Khushi.  I love Satya even more now.

And Vihaan reacted in the most expected way. The way he questioned Arnav shows how deeply he is concerned for Khushi and her well-being.  It will be great to see how they build a up rapport with one another.

Really hoping for a good first day at work for Khushi!  And please Archi do make sure that Alok is not someone she meets.

Satya is one of my favourite characters! If she was actually Khushi's mother, things would have been so different...

I am not that cruel! Alok is far far far away from Khushi's internship as of now. The poor girl deserves a break đŸ¤—

Olaaa!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Friday đŸ¤—

A huge thank you for all the wonderful comments! Arnav is turning out to be the favourite huh? đŸ˜‰ My comments are above.

For notifications, please follow my blog or wattpad.

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Sixteen

Blue-blooded

Khushi brushed her hair for the umpteenth time, staring at her reflection properly for the first time in months. She wasn’t a girl of vanity; her mother had always warned her that beauty was not strong enough to stand the test of time. But today, she cared. She cared how she looked like, because today she was resuming her internship. 

Khushi didn’t know what exactly about the situation bothered her. The fact that it was at a brand-new hospital, where she knew no one. Or the fact it was Arnav who had secured her the position. 

She had spent the whole night pondering his words, trying to deduce what was it that had made her say yes to his proposition, despite her better judgement. It wasn’t too hard to guess. She had yearned so long and so hard for the freedom to work that when it was handed to her on a silver platter, she couldn’t help but give in. Even though her mind had been screaming in caution of her father, who although invisible, was still very much lingering in her life, she just couldn’t get herself to say no to the possibility.

Because Arnav was right, surprisingly. If her in-laws had no problem with her pursuing an internship, then what could her father say? However, there was also the unresolved issue of Vihaan’s appointment in the company. If Alok wanted, he could very easily blackmail her into quitting again, but would he? Would he care whether she was working post her marriage? 

It was a situation fraught with complications. 

And then there was the whole situation with Arnav himself. Despite trying so hard to reject his offer –fearful of her father– he had not budged from his decision to send her back to the hospital. Why was he so bothered about her life? What did it matter to him if she completed her internship? Hadn’t he made is crystal clear that she was unwelcome in his life? So why then, did he invest so much time digging into her past?  It was all so confusing. 

Khushi let out a sigh. Deeming her appearance satisfactory, she was just about to leave when her eyes fell on the black beaded chain around her neck. Was she supposed to wear it or not? Who was she today? A Gupta or a Raizada? Would anyone at the hospital even care if she was married? 

She had no clue. When another ten minutes passed with no answers, however, she simply turned away from her reflection, thinking she would cross that bridge when she came to it. 

Outside in the living room, Arnav was seated at the dining table, having breakfast. Khushi hesitated, not knowing if she should bid him goodbye before leaving.  

“Good morning,” he said, when no words escaped her mouth. 

She tried to smile, but the nerves were too much. 

“Come sit,” he continued. “Have breakfast.”

Khushi shook her head. “I’m getting late.”

“No, you are not,” he answered, glancing at the clock. It was half past eight. “You need your energy. I will drop you off myself after.”

She gulped. What has gotten into him? Why bother to drop her off at the hospital when he didn’t give a damn about what she did on a daily basis? Knowing it would be rude to decline, however, she joined him at the dining table and served herself breakfast. 

“You will be meeting Dr. Divya Awasti at 10 a.m.,” Arnav reminded, while she ate in silence. “To finish the paperwork. She will also explain your duties and assign your first shift.”

Khushi nodded vaguely. 

“If they ask why you left your internship before, you can say you had to deal with a family emergency.”

Another nod. Much too soon, they were speeding through the morning rush hour to the other end of the city. 

“Can I ask you something?” Khushi finally said, when they stopped at a red signal. She could no longer reign in her burning questions. 

“Sure.”

“Why did you go through all that trouble to make sure I finish my internship?”

Arnav kept his eyes trained on the road in front. “Would you rather I didn’t?”

“That’s not what I am asking. I am… grateful, very grateful, but I just don’t… understand.”

He stole a glance at her. “What would you like to hear?”

“Tell me what you want.”

He seemed confused to hear that. “What?”

“Well, you clearly want something in return for this favour, no? I may not know much about business, but I know securing this position would not have been cheap. So, what are you expecting me to give you in return?”

“And what could you possibly give me?”

Khushi bit her lip. “Divorce? Isn’t that what you want the most?”

Arnav stared at her with a strange expression covering his face. It was a while before he spoke again. 

“Wow,” he muttered. “All that brain and zero common sense.”

Khushi pressed her lips, his sarcasm not helping the nervousness creeping through her. She had spent the entire night mulling over the possibilities, and the one that made the most sense was this. No one, not even her own father, would go to such extreme lengths to give her what she wanted the most in her life. So why did this one pesky man do it?  What motive was there other than freedom from this namesake relationship?

“I can’t divorce you Khushi,” he said, shaking his head. “You know our families won’t allow it.”

She heaved a sigh of relief. “Then what is it?”

“Has no one ever done anything nice to you without expecting something in return?”

“No.”

Again, Arnav stared at her, this time probably in confusion. “Why is it so hard for you to accept a favour, that was not much of a favour to begin with? All it took was one phone call. Your record is that good.”

She didn’t dare believe that. “Or your word is that meaningful.”

The car came to a stop. They had arrived at the hospital, but Khushi refused to move. She couldn’t start a new chapter in her life with the fear of him plotting a divorce hanging in the air. Her father would literally destroy her if that ever happened. And not mention Vihaan’s future. 

“You are a stubborn one, aren’t you?” he muttered, exasperated. “I did nothing special, okay? My family has been donating to this hospital for years now. It costed me nothing to request them to consider your file.”

“But why? Why go the extra mile… for me?”

Arnav sighed. “Because… you deserve it. Not everyone has the luxury of choosing what they want to do Khushi… especially people like you and me. Everything is decided for us… what to wear, what to study, what to be… even who to love. Everything is pre-decided because we had the misfortune to be born to legacies.”

Khushi was mum, the truth of his words resonating deeply within her.

“Believe it or not, I know how it feels like, having to give up what you want the most for the sake of family responsibilities and loyalties. It’s so unfair that you want to scream at everyone and everything, but in the end, you suck it up and do it anyway because that’s what they have been teaching us to do all our lives…”

He took a deep breath. “I watched you that day with my mother… you were so confident, so sure of what you were doing. It was so obvious that you belonged in hospitals, treating patients. But when I asked Vihaan why you stopped practicing, his explanation was so silly. I know I haven’t been exactly cordial with you Khushi… I know this marriage was forced for both of us, but that doesn’t mean we have to suffer through it. Why not do something that can make at least living together bearable?”

She blinked, a strange new respect building for him. 

“I didn’t do a favour for you,” he continued. “You don’t owe me anything. In return, I owe you big time for saving my mom that day… if you weren’t there-”

“Well Aunty is okay now,” she interrupted, feeling the weight lift from her shoulders. “And this is still the biggest favour anyone has ever done for me, so thank you.”

“My pleasure.”

“And speaking of your mother, can you… can you not tell her about this?”

He sighed, looking as if he was expecting her question. “How long do you plan on running from yourself?”

“I… I am not running. I just… am not ready for the questions. I am sure they will be furious that I was hiding-”

“No, they won’t. I know how to handle them Khushi. Our bargain remains intact, I handle my family and you handle yours.”

She wished she could tell how unreasonable her family was. But seeing the resolve in his eyes, she knew that asking him to lie to his parents was out of question. They were going to know about her job and although they might not have a problem with it, they were sure going to let it slip to her father… one day.

And perhaps, she should just wait for that day, instead of seeking it out. 

“You should get going,” Arnav said. “You really are getting late now.”

Khushi looked at the dashboard. She had ten minutes to report to Dr. Awasti. Bidding him goodbye, she was just about to get down, when he said:

“Wait.”

She looked at him expectantly. 

He simply held out his hand. 

“What?” she asked, confused. 

“Your mangalsutra.” 

Khushi didn’t know if she should even be astonished by this point, but she was. How had he known about her predicament? 

“Come on,” he said when she didn’t move. “I don’t have all day.”

Fingers trembling, she reached for the innocent black beaded chain around her neck, swiftly taking it off, and dropping it in his palm. 

He smiled in response. “Good luck for your first day then… Dr. Gupta.”

This is the chapter from which the title of the story comes from… Even though they have different personalities, their circumstances are somewhat similar, which is why their marriage has hope after all...

What would you like to see next in the chronicles of Arnav and Dr. Gupta? đŸ˜‰

Lots of love,

Archi

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago