IPKKND Bitter sweet 2: An acquired taste C11 p28 23rd May ! - Page 10

Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 4 

“Can we talk..”

Arnav hears a familiar voice from a side whilst he sits at the bar in Amans party.

Sheetal looks on at him, forgetting too that she was a friend of Riyas.

“Sure” he replies. 

“Is it true that Aarav is living with Khushi?

“Temporarily yes” 

“You think its alright to just shift

him off to some other city without mentioning it to me.” Says Sheetal with a displeased tone. 

“He’s a adult and he was free to say no, he agreed to go.

“And AR thought you were going to mentor him to run the business? She asked him watching his side profile zip from his drink. He was unusually calm these days. 

“He’s not keen on AR from what I see”

Not letting him finish his words Arnav notices the skepticism in his x wife’s voice. 

“He’s not interested or you don’t want him to be so you can give it to your daughter”

On those words he ASR passed a more serious glare. 

“My children will both get their fair share there’s no need for you to worry now if you would excuse me.” 

As he tries to walk away 

Sheetal most purposely so it felt spilt wine over Arnavs suit in spitefullness. 

Able to interject at just the right time was Aman. 

“Er oh dear I’m sure it was a accident” he says seeing the dark look in the eyes of Sheetal and the grey of irritation in ASR’s come with me Arnav let’s get you a new shirt says Aman steering his friend away. 

Khushi walks into Arnav changing into one of Amans shirts. She was probably here to tell him not to add fuel to fire by arguing with Sheetal. She paused only for a moment or two it seemed just outside the the room.

Arnav who buttoned his shirt could see her in the corner of his eyes “It seems all women think I’m cold bitter old man ” he was referring to the recent treatment he’d been getting from his wife, his former wife and any other woman who looked at him like a business machine. 

“Except  aditi who sees the world in you” says Khushi from afar.

The thought of their daughter eased his latter distaste for the way people saw him. 

Khushi could see the same struggle in her husband she had seen for years the struggle he had with the quirky  shades within his own personality. 

She walked into the room.. and as she stopped before him he turned a little towards her from being stood in front of the mirror.

She carried herself beautifully as she had done always. Stopping before him with a wifely look her eyes only for him to look towards her in a very husband like manner. 

For him she bought a calming peacefulness to his over assertive mind. 

Whilst he bought her a sense of belonging. 

“Cold bhi toh hamare”, she said .. as he listened

..”bitter bhi toh hamare”

“and ..” she paused a second looking up at him to see a stray strand of grey out of place, putting it back in its place for him with a little reaching..”old bhi toh hamare.”

She always had a way to his heart, toeing the line a little even though he knew the answer he asked.

“Still upset?”

She didn’t answer and that was his answer. 

From a distance there was a clearing of a persons throat - Aman to break up the moment. 

Later that night Khushi stood outside Amans home waiting for her chauffeur. Aman and riya naturally offered for her to stay over but she preferred not to. 

There was a little wind in the air that blew through her hair kept blowing her scarf off over her shoulder a little .

Everytime it slipped away it revealed her shoulder and sent a chill through.

Soon Arnav walked out, waiting for his car to be driven out too he stood at some distance within her eyeline.

There was just the two of them their under the moonline. Lighting of Amans home, they shared a glance of acknowledgement, soon Arnav took note of how Khushi adjusted her scarf for the third time in the last few mins.

He took his hands out of his pockets and stepped towards Khushi. 

Taking the pin from his tie he reached over to hook it between the shoulder of her dress and the scarf so she’d no longer have to worry about it. 

Her eyes smiled just lightly at him, and the horn of Khushis car was heard. He watched her leave, give my love to Aditi she said and he nodded.

The next day as Arnav walked to the breakfast table at Raizada house Aditi looked at him funny.

Did you have a good night she said over the newspaper,

Not bad, pretty standard

Oh yeah, your in page three of the newspaper.

Arnav raised an eyebrow taking the paper from his daughter he was that it was in fact true, some journalist had caught them in a snapshot and was making a hoo ha about it.

That fat faced governance officer wont be pleased will he and Aman uncles probably pulling out his hair. Said aditi with a funny undertone. 

Arnavs phone had already started to ring with calls from Aman. 

With quite a headache Arnav cuts the call and shouts for his morning coffee.

Similarly Khushi looks at the newspaper Aarav shows her and gets that little bit embarrassed.

Next chapter 

Khushi puts her food shopping on the counter not paying much attention to where Aarav is on her return in but when she does look up she sees the back of a tall dark handsome looking man in a white shirt, who looks pretty much like Arnav from behind.

Khushis heart skips a beat for a second at the thought of Arnav.

“Aap” she is just about to say when the figure turns around it is Aarav. 

Aarav dressed formally in a shirt, looking very much like his father.

Khushi swallows a lump a lump in her  throat a second and her eyes feel mellow, she walks out leaving Aarav wondering what was wrong.

Edited by jagrutid - 4 years ago

Was a picture of them together? For a moment I thought Sheetal would cause some misunderstanding. At least that didn't happen.

Originally posted by coderlady

Was a picture of them together? For a moment I thought Sheetal would cause some misunderstanding. At least that didn't happen.

a picture of them outside together whilst they wait for the respective car, no don’t want a misunderstanding angle in this one at least not a x wife one.

Thanks ! 

i hope they get back together sooner than later. Sheetal is so jealous of Aditi. Khushi is born mother who love kids, she nurtured Arav even though he was her step son

Originally posted by ranogill

i hope they get back together sooner than later. Sheetal is so jealous of Aditi. Khushi is born mother who love kids, she nurtured Arav even though he was her step son

Sheetal is just Assumptive and there probably is a bit of that comparison of how close Aarav is to Khushi. 

thanks 

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder - but here it's making Khushi's heart grow weaker.

Going to the party has done more harm than good to Khushi. She is currently living in hell because of the divorce terms.  She is feeling Arnav's presence everywhere which is she unable to fight against and thats giving her heartache.

How much longer before they live under one roof Jagruti as one happy family?

I was under the impression after divorcing Arnav and parting ways Sheetal had gone away from their lives for good. But no looks like she  is maintaining a close watch on the on goings of the Raizada family.

She is worried whether her son will not get his share in Arnav’s company .Her son is quite opposite of his mom .He is more closer to his kushi mom who is not his biological mom. Secondly more concerned about cooking and  perfecting cookery skills. I must say the credit goes to kushi its one of her inherent qualities she spreads warmth and love wherever she goes and she thinks of him as her own son ,she also loves her daughter too.

The temporary forced separation of Arnav and kushi is taking a toll on kushi. She can’t live without Arnav she’s missing him and she  see’s him everywhere which is giving her a heartbreak. They can't even talk in public as they are being watched.

Whose picture is published in Paper?

with sheetal or khushi?