Fan Fictions

New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 36

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I wish he knows about it nice update

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Alok is so proud of his family legacy n reputation that he ignored what his children want from him it’s not money or name it’s just love n affection n nothing else but instead they were shown how much they are useless n he also lied to her abt Raizadas they are absolutely not what he portrayed them n now knowing that their daughter in law is a qualified doctor they will definitely ask her to join her internship n persue her dreams n Arnav will support her in every step.

laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Gosh! Khushis father is a total sadist.Just because, he didnt have the freedom to say his opinion before his Father, he is punishing his own children.Agreed that the children shouldnt back answer their parents and follow their footsteps But it shouldnt be suffocating.With time,one has to adapt some changes too.Also the parents should mould their children with loads of love, timely care , trust and the freedom to choose their life by giving some space .

In this case, Khushi n Vihaan didnt have a proper childhood.They mustnt have laughed out, partied or dined out with their friends n parents too.Though Garima had tried to compensate the fatherly love.She wasnt successful as her hands were tied too.

Though Arnavs Father was bit liberal, still he didnt trust his sons intelligence n capabilities.

In the name of choosing the best, he had butchered his ambitions.

So both Arnav n khushi are sailing in the same boat.There is no point in crying over the spilled milk.Or What had my parents had done to me?.

Instead, both should accept each other firstly without naming the bond, encourage each others talents and move forward in life.

I am highly doubtful that Arnavs parents must have objected abt khushis medical profession.Atleast they could have been happy that khushi is a doctor.Though they may have not allowed to work outside.

ansak thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Fantastic update, the deal is done, at least Vihaan got what he wanted (though why he would want to work with his father beats me). I'm sure Arnav will support Khushi in achieving her career goals....waiting for the next update.

amadea thumbnail

Awesome, I m sure that Arnav will help her to continue her internship

-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: luvbug

hope she feels differently about the Raizada's and Arnav now... 

Alok grrrrr

but at least she secured Vihaan's future.... bnut what was the contidion abt a hier?? 

all we saw was a deal... she will stay married and Vihaan will be Alok's successor...

eagerly waiting for the next!!

The heir thing was simply an extension of Alok's original condition. He was basically telling Khushi in that chapter (Ch. 10), "It is expected of you to produce an heir, so fix your marriage with Arnav a.s.a.p." It's his old-fashioned way of thinking, believing that a marriage is only successful if the couple have a child  

This content was originally posted by: abivicky86

After reading the chapter I feel if Garima was alive kushi’s life wouldn’t have come to a standstill. She would have completed her internship. Only Garima could deal with Alok Gupta. Can’t understand his way of thinking .He thinks of himself as all mighty and the children should be obliged to him for providing them with the basic necessities in life.

It’s good that both siblings think on the same wave length they don’t agree with their father. But  Kushi has a big heart she thought if she can’t pursue her dreams at least her brother can so she  sacrificed her future to secure her brother’s life.

It is said whatever happens happens for good, may be kushi marrying into the Raizada family can change her life for the better .Arnav may turn out to be a good husband and the family will support her to continue her studies and also allow her to work as a doctor

Yes, Garima is the only one who could deal with Alok and it's because she understood his basic personality and learned how to maneuver around it. Alok's problem is, 1) he is very orthodox, believing that men should run the house and 2) he is a control freak. He truly believes he is right on every single occasion, and so tries to dictate his children's lives into what he thinks is correct for them. Khushi, being a girl, suffers for both of these points, while Vihaan suffers for just the second one. That is why both of the Gupta children do not get long with their father. If it was just a patriarchy thing, Vihaan should have been very happy - but he is not. I hope that explains this loathsome character 😵

This content was originally posted by: laavanya4u

Gosh! Khushis father is a total sadist.Just because, he didnt have the freedom to say his opinion before his Father, he is punishing his own children.Agreed that the children shouldnt back answer their parents and follow their footsteps But it shouldnt be suffocating.With time,one has to adapt some changes too.Also the parents should mould their children with loads of love, timely care , trust and the freedom to choose their life by giving some space .

In this case, Khushi n Vihaan didnt have a proper childhood.They mustnt have laughed out, partied or dined out with their friends n parents too.Though Garima had tried to compensate the fatherly love.She wasnt successful as her hands were tied too.

Though Arnavs Father was bit liberal, still he didnt trust his sons intelligence n capabilities.

In the name of choosing the best, he had butchered his ambitions.

So both Arnav n khushi are sailing in the same boat.There is no point in crying over the spilled milk.Or What had my parents had done to me?.

Instead, both should accept each other firstly without naming the bond, encourage each others talents and move forward in life.

I am highly doubtful that Arnavs parents must have objected abt khushis medical profession.Atleast they could have been happy that khushi is a doctor.Though they may have not allowed to work outside.

Firstly, your analysis is spot on!! Garima tried and fail to compensate for Alok, and that is what makes Khushi hate her father even more... she saw how hard her mother tried to cover up for someone else's mistakes. 

And yes, although the Raizadas are far more better than the Guptas, they also have their flaws. Shankar is taking a back seat for now, but he too, placed some unreasonable demands on his son and their relationship is strained also. 

"So both Arnav n khushi are sailing in the same boat.There is no point in crying over the spilled milk." - 👏 My thoughts exactly!! 

This content was originally posted by: ansak

Fantastic update, the deal is done, at least Vihaan got what he wanted (though why he would want to work with his father beats me). I'm sure Arnav will support Khushi in achieving her career goals....waiting for the next update.

"though why he would want to work with his father beats me" - I know what you mean, and it's mostly because he has no other choice. Vihaan has been told since childhood that he has to take over the company and that there was no other career choice available. So, he tries to own up to it and doesn't take it for granted. But unfortunately for him, no matter how hard he tries, he is not good enough for Alok. So it's frustrating on so many levels for him. You were told you had to be a certain way, you try very hard to be that way and then you are told you aren't working hard enough to be that way  Poor guy 😒

-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Hello!

As promised, I am back with the next chapter. 

Loved your comments as always! Replied to some above.

For notifications, follow my blog or wattpad!

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Fifteen

Destiny

- Present Time -

Arnav absent-mindedly paced around the room, deep in thought. The sun was shining brightly across the city of Delhi, a spectacular view of which was visible from his office on the fiftieth floor. He had never admired it before, feeling his father added the abnormally large windows to make the room feel less like a jail and him, less like a prisoner. Of course, it did nothing but put a flimsy band-aid on his wounds. 

But today, his thoughts were trained on something else entirely. It had been only three days ago that his wife of three months dropped a bombshell on him and walked away as if it was nothing. 

Thankfully, his mother recovered very quickly from her allergic reaction –of course, all because of Khushi’s timely response– and didn’t really recall much of the incident. All she asked was how Khushi knew what medication to give her before the paramedics arrived, a question that Khushi dodged very easily by saying she had learnt it from her friend, Payal Sharma, who was a doctor and quite relentless about educating people on common medical emergencies. 

It was a blatant lie. Arnav didn’t have to look at Khushi’s face to know that, for anyone who had watched her during that awful incident would know that her hands had worked with such precision that there was no way she knew what to do merely by remembering an advice from a friend. His mother, of course, bought the whole thing without question, simply glowing that her daughter-in-law was quick-witted and recounted the story for the umpteenth time, this time to her husband, who had just arrived worriedly from a trip to Bangalore. 

It didn’t make sense at all. 

Did he mishear that she was doctor? Then why was she royally ignoring him, refusing to be alone in a room with him or even meeting his eye for that matter?

By the time the news of Khushi’s qualifications sunk in, a good twenty-four hours later, Arnav had more questions than ever. He couldn’t tell if it was gross neglect on his part that he didn’t know the answers or on her part for being so uncaringly aloof. Nonetheless, he set out to find them.

Arnav had resented being a Raizada for the better part of his life, but in this one instance, he couldn’t help but be thankful. With just one single phone call, he had Khushi’s entire biodata in front of him.  Like she declared, she had indeed completed her studies in a respectable medical college, before pursuing an internship. Nine months after joining, however, she gave in her resignation. The official reason cited on the hospital records was “personal reasons”, but Arnav knew, deep in his gut, it wasn’t a coincidence that she quit just four months before their wedding. 

The entire thing was mysterious. She had all the money in the world and yet, she studied on a scholarship. She was a brilliant student with exceptional certificates and yet, she dropped out of her internship. Why?

Because I married you.

Those four words never seized to haunt him. 

Arnav had spent every minute since the day he got married begrudging Khushi, blaming her for all of his unhappiness. Could it be that she was also wronged as much as he? Was he the reason for all her misery? And if he was, did she resent him as much as he did her? Or more?

It was these uncomfortable questions that pushed Arnav to visit his brother-in-law earlier that afternoon, hoping that at least Vihaan could shed some light onto this mystery. 

“Arnav,” Vihaan greeted cheerfully. “How are you?”

Arnav nodded, ignoring the pleasantries. “I am actually not here for business.”

Vihaan frowned, not following. “Err okay – what can I help you with?”

“I have a question… about your sister.”

Vihaan appeared taken back. “About Khushi?”

“Yes.” Then taking a deep breath, he asked, “Why isn’t she practicing as a doctor?”

From the look of shock that flited across Vihaan’s face, Arnav understood instantly that he wasn’t supposed to know about this particular detail. They had indeed all gone out of their way to hide this from him and possibly from his family too. 

“H-how did you find out?” Vihaan finally said, clearing his throat. 

“Khushi told me.”

“Khushi told you?”

Arnav nodded, watching Vihaan mull that over in his head. What he wouldn’t give to be able to read his brother-in-law’s thoughts at that moment?

“So,” Arnav prodded, when the silence became uncomfortable. “Why isn’t she practicing? Is it because of your mother?”

Vihaan shook his head. 

“Then?”

“I am not sure I am the best person to answer.”

“Well you are the only one I’ve got,” Arnav answered bluntly. “Your sister refuses to talk to me about this and I have no idea who else I can ask.”

“Why do you care?”

“Excuse me?”

“Why do you care if she is not practicing,” Vihaan asked, looking at him with scrutiny. 

Arnav was now even more suspicious than before. Why were they all acting as though he was the biggest criminal on earth? 

“We are married Vihaan…” he finally said, hoping it was a good enough explanation. 

It wasn’t. Vihaan crossed his arms and said rather coldly, “I am not an idiot. I know the two of you have yet to acknowledge each other as a person, forget about being married.”

Arnav was at a loss of words. He really shouldn’t have been surprised to know Vihaan was well informed about his marriage, after all his own sisters knew everything about it. But with them, he could always dodge awkward questions. What was he supposed to do with his brother-in-law?

“Look, I am sorry if you feel I’m mistreating your sister,” Arnav said in surrender. “We didn’t really get married in the easiest of circumstances.”

Vihaan was quiet. 

“But I don’t want to be inhumane about any of it. Whatever our differences are, I would like to know that she is happy and giving up her practice seems to have done just the opposite.” 

“You want her to be happy because she is your family now? Or because you feel guilty?”

Even though the question was demeaning in many ways, Arnav felt a surge of respect. Vihaan although vastly different from him, was acting just like he would have, if their roles were reversed and it was Arnav fighting for his own sister’s happiness. 

“I guess you know.”

Vihaan took a deep breath. “I have no right to speak in between you and Khushi. If she doesn’t want to tell you, then I am not going to go behind her back. My sister has seen enough for a lifetime already.”

Arnav’s shoulders fell in disappointment. 

“But I will tell you what I know, and then you can decide for yourself what that means. We were given the impression that your family did not want Khushi to work post the wedding… so she quit.”

It was news to Arnav, who had thought of every possibility but this. Thanking Vihaan profusely and also requesting him to not relay this conversation to his sister, he left and went straight to his mother. Satya, who had recovered completely and was in fact discharged the same day, was catching up on her afternoon run of TV shows when he had arrived at the Raizada mansion. 

“What do you mean conditions?” she asked, looking at him shrewdly. “You and Khushi got married like normal people. There were no conditions.”

Arnav knew where her paranoia was stemming from. “No, Maa I am not asking because we want to separate… we are happy, trust me.”

Satya pressed her lips. “Don’t try sugar coating it for me Chote… just because I am not saying anything doesn’t mean I don’t know anything.”

He sighed. “I am just trying to understand… her situation… and if she was somehow… forced into the marriage.”

Arnav knew his mother was very surprised to hear that, for her expression softened considerably.

“We didn’t force the marriage Chote,” she said, patting his cheek. “Alokji came to us himself, asking if we would consider his daughter for you… I was very surprised that day to be honest. I wasn’t expecting you to get married so soon.”

“And Papa? What did he say?”

“He said he needed some time initially… but two days later, he said yes.”

“Because of the merger?”

Satya fiddled with her thumbs. “I don’t know… “

Arnav knew that was lie. His father had traded his son to save his company. If he had any doubts about it before (he didn’t), his mother’s guilt-filled eyes confirmed it now.

“It’s not his fault,” Satya murmured, watching him carefully. “He really did think about it… I know it doesn’t come out that way, but Shankar would never put the company before his kids. If he didn’t think you and Khushi would be happy together, he would never have agreed to the marriage.”

Arnav nodded, not wanting to prolong the conversation. He had long ago given up trying to understand his father. “And Khushi? Did you ask if she was okay with the marriage?”

“Well, I assumed she was, since her father came to us, not the other way around.”

Arnav agreed. He would never forget that day in question. “But when you agreed for the match, did you put any… any conditions on her?”  

“Of course not!” Satya replied indignantly. “How old-fashioned do I look? I told Alokji that I had no qualms with anything Khushi wanted to do. If she wanted to work with you at the company, then she could. If she wanted to be home and look after the household, then she could. As a woman, I know how hard it is always having to give up yourself for the sake of the family. So, I told him that my daughter-in-law will have the same freedom as my daughters.”

Arnav had expected his mother’s response. Ever since he could remember, he was taught endlessly to respect a woman, and the sacrifices she made.  So, he knew it was out of question for Satya to ever lay down conditions. So then, why did Khushi and her family assume that she was prohibited from working as a doctor? Even he had made it explicitly clear from the beginning that she was free to do whatever she wanted. So why did she never come forward and claim her right? 

He had no idea. But whatever it was, he was determined to clear it up. Because if it really was because of him that she couldn’t pursue her dreams, he would never be able to forgive himself.

“And just one last thing,” Arnav asked, as he stood up to leave, although he knew the answer already. “Did they ever tell you what Khushi studied in school?”

Satya scrunched her eyebrows, trying to recollect. “Hmmm… I think business like her brother. Your father would know exactly. Why are you asking?”

Arnav shook his head, deciding that now was not the time to enlighten his mother about Khushi’s qualifications. “But you guys were told about her mother, correct?” 

A look of gloom crossed Satya’s face. “Yes, very unfortunate… the poor thing lost so much so young.”

Yes, she did, he thought with pity. Bidding his mother goodbye, Arnav departed in silence, realizing quite plainly what he had to do. 

As the sun steadily disappeared below the horizon, he wrapped up his work for the day with determination, bracing himself for the conversation he couldn’t delay any longer. When he arrived promptly at the penthouse, he found her seated on the couch –still her favourite place in the entire apartment for some absurd reason– absorbed in a book. 

“We need to talk,” he said, sitting across from her. 

Khushi didn’t even bother to glance up. “There is nothing to discuss.”

Expecting her response, Arnav drew out a sealed letter from his pocket and handed it to her. Slightly confused, she cautiously opened it, her eyes widening in disbelief as she read the contents inside. 

“W-what is this?” she croaked.  

“Your letter of appointment as the newest intern at Abhaya Hospital.”

Her jaw hit the floor.

“You have to report to Dr. Divya Awasti at 10 a.m. tomorrow,” he continued in the same dry tone. “So, get some sleep.”

Khushi seemed to regain some of her composure. “Y-you can’t just throw something like this on me and expect me not to have any questions?!”

“Which is why I said we needed to talk,” he replied calmly. “You were the one who wasn’t interested.”

She pressed her lips. “Fine, let’s talk now. What makes you think I am interested in pursuing an internship?”

“You are a doctor, aren’t you? Isn’t it your job to practice medicine and save lives? Didn’t you take some kind of oath?”

“I am not obligated to work.”

“Aren’t you obligated to at least finish your internship?”

If she was surprised to know how much he knew about her, she didn’t let it show. Instead, she stubbornly crossed her arms in defiance. 

Arnav shook his head, not understanding what she was so angry about. “What’s your problem here? I thought you would be jumping up and down in joy with this appointment letter.”

“Well you thought wrong. I chose not to complete my internship.”

“You chose to drop out?” he asked, raising his eyebrows in doubt. 

She averted her eyes. “Yes.”

“So basically, you’re saying that you threw away all your hard work to come sit here and pretend to be my wife?”

Khushi took a deep breath, as though trying to steel herself. “You know nothing about me.”

Arnav pulled out a file from his laptop bag in response. “These are all your certificates that I could find… You were given admission into your medical college exceptionally on a scholarship. You graduated top of your class. You were undoubtedly their best student because almost every single hospital in the city offered you an internship position when you were done. Do I really not know how much this job means to you?”

“You don’t understand-”

“Damn straight I don’t understand!” he interrupted darkly. “You have all the money in the world, but you chose to study on merit alone. Obviously, you didn’t do all that just to sit at home?!”

Khushi glared at him. 

“And it’s not like you have a life here with me anyway… so why are you throwing away such a good career to become the Raizada family’s puppet?”

Her eyes narrowed miserably at the word puppet. “So, this is some kind of intervention is it?”

“Yes, it is! Because I am not going to just sit here and watch you ruin your life for me!”

Khushi snorted. “You aren’t that important in my life Arnav. I haven’t ruined anything for you.”

“Then what is it?”

“It’s none of your business.”

Arnav rolled his eyes. “Your attitude on any other occasion would have been endearing, but right now, it’s plain frustrating.”

“That makes two of us. Why don’t you take this letter back and let’s call it a day? I am sure you have much more pressing matters to deal with than your namesake wife’s namesake happiness.”

“You have some nerve Khushi Kumari Gupta!” he fumed, all his frustration from the last three days just bubbling out. “If you were so happy to be a couch potato, if it gave you joy to pretend to be the ideal Raizada bahu, then why the hell did you ever name me as the reason you aren’t working?”

“I told you nothing! You were the one who was pestering me that day in the hospital-”

“Yes, because you saved my mother’s life! And then acted as though I was the reason you couldn’t do it every day. What was I supposed to make of that?!”

Khushi took a deep breath, changing her tone considerably. “Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I don’t want to work? Those certificates only tell you that I am good at medicine, not that it makes me happy doing it.”

Arnav couldn’t believe his ears. “You sure do know how to lie well, but I am not buying any of it.”

“It doesn’t matter what you think, because I am not accepting the position.”

“You are already appointed.”

“Then they can fire me. It doesn’t matter anymore.”

Arnav simply stared at her. He had expected her reluctance, after all she had gone out of her way to hide her profession, as though covering up for a criminal offense. 

“Are you out of your mind?” he asked finally. “I am giving you a way out of this cage and you are refusing to leave? And don’t give me that crap about not wanting to work… Vihaan told me you didn’t quit your last internship on your own.”

She paled – finally, some reaction! “You talked to Vihaan?” she asked blankly. 

“Yes.”

“A-and what did he say?”

“He said you were under the impression that my parents did not approve of you working after the marriage.”

“Don’t they?”

“Of course not! How orthodox do you think they are?”

Khushi didn’t answer, seemingly deep in thought. Arnav could almost hear her brain ticking away from across the room. Maybe he had been too harsh with her; maybe it was irrational expecting her to realize she misunderstood his family despite spending so much time with her. 

So, taking a deep breath, he started over: 

“Look, I don’t know why you thought you couldn’t work after we got married, and why you are going to such extremes trying to hide it, but let me say for the record that I have absolutely no problem whatsoever if you pursue a career. The same goes for my parents.” 

She looked at her hands. “Why does this matter to you though? Have I complained about my life here? I have done everything you asked me to-”

“That’s precisely my point. Why aren’t you complaining? Why didn’t you object when you were supposedly told to quit working? Why are you acting like the victim here?”

She didn’t have an answer for him. 

Arnav didn’t know what she was thinking so hard about. He thought a lot about her in the past three days. All her professors had only good things to say about her, all the doctors she worked under during her last internship only regretted losing her. So, what then was her problem?

“I don’t know what pact you have made with yourself,” he said with finality.  “But all of it ends today. If you don’t want to work, then fine, don’t. But the least you can do is finish your internship… it’s an insult to all those certificates and scholarships you won if you don’t. The rest is up to you.”

It was a while before either of them spoke. Arnav didn’t move from his chair, waiting to hear her decision. 

“And your parents won’t mind i-if I do work?” Khushi finally murmured, defeated. 

“They won’t. In fact, if you knew anything about them, then you would understand without doubt how proud they will be of you once they find out you save lives for a living.”

Her arguments came to an end.  “In that case,” she said in uncertainty. “I guess I can finish my internship.”

So Arnav's take on this whole revelation is finally out!! I don't think many of you are surprised 😆 What do you think is going to happen on Khushi's first day at work?

Love,

Archi

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago
Peppermint55 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Tht we a quick update....finally things are moving between them...Ur simply the bestest... Thank you for writing this...

When will they fall in love??? Too soon na to ask??

rockingsoni thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

awwww… I am in love with Arnav….

I do not know what Arnav’s past with his ex is. But I am now sure that it was her loss and not Arnav’s..

Hope, Khushi, and Arnav start warming up to each other and maybe become friends, to say the least!!

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What a fantastic chapter. I think all previous assumptions about Arnav have gone for a toss. Arnav proved he is  an aadarsh pati dev and dug deep into the matter as to why she did not want anyone to know about her qualification .Also why she left her internship.

What I liked about Arnav was he didn’t hesitate to question her brother,  nor his parents especially his mother .Did his parents intentionally stop her from working or were they aware of her qualification . 

I am happy Arnav’s hard work has not gone for a toss at least she has agreed to complete her internship. Can’t wait to see his parents reaction when they realize that their bahu is a doctor.

So also waiting to see  Alok Gupta's reaction on her resuming her internship . He gave kushi and vihaan a wrong impression about the Raizadas that they are against an educated or a working bahu.

Edited by abivicky86 - 4 years ago