Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: oa2019

that's so reassuring there's nothing worse then loving someone and they're just setting with you.  anyways looking forward to next part.

@bold- can't agree more... 

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Update Chahiye aj 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Update chahiye tha 😭

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

Update chahiye tha 😭

Pls check your PM 

AMMY12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Superb awsm update to gud 

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: AMMY12

Superb awsm update to gud 

Thank you so much Ammy, I am so happy you liked it 🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Hello Amazing People 🤗

Hope you all are having a good time. I am late with the as I got caught up with something. Here with a loooonnnggg update to try and make up for the delay. Hope its worth your read.

Will wait for your comments, feedback, likes as I always love to read your reviews.

I had to create this update on phone so sorry for spelling error and terrible editing in advance.

-Sunshine

PART 6

SHARMA NIWAS

Prerna’s Room, 7.00 AM

Hearing the alarm Prerna’s hand tried to locate the source of the sound. Finding her phone, she turned the alarm off, leaving it on the bed. Rubbing her eyes, she sat straight on her bed with her legs folded on top of each other. She stretched her hands above her head, folded her hair back into a lose bun and her eyes stopped at her daughter Kukki's photo. She picked up the frame from her side table and gave her daughter a kiss “Good Morning, my angel” and touched her belly saying “Hope you too had a good night sleep in there, lil one”

After a quick freshen up, she went downstairs to find her mother working in kitchen with Suman. “Good morning Ma, Suman Bhabhi” she said hugging her mother from behind.

“Good morning Priyu” said Veena with her left hand on her face and right one still holding a pan. 

Maa, aap chai ki tayyari kar rhi hai na, laiye aaj ki chai main banati hu.. Waise bhi I am sure aap sab mere haathon ki chai bhaut miss kr rhe honge” she said in a cheerful tone.

“Haan Priyudi, aap hi bana lo chai, waise bhi hum roz roz same chai peeke boreho gaye” said Suman looking at Veena’s reaction and touching her ears with her hands, she said in a whisper “Sorry Maa, main mazak kr rhi thi”

“Acha ab tum dono, mazaak krna band karo, jaldi se breakfast ready krna hai, sab log wait kr rhe hain” Veena said to both of them, that’s when Shivani also joined them, followed by Shekhar.

“Suman, thoda jaldi karo, mujhe nikalna hai half an hour mein nahi to late ho jayega” said Shekhar who was getting ready for work and left.

“Bhabhi, bhaiyaa itni subah office? Timing change ho gaye hai kya? Pehle to 9-9.30 jaya krte the” asked Prerna.

“Timing change nhi hue hai Priyudi. Aap jo janti ho aajkal automobile sector mein kitna job crisis chal rha hai. Staff reduction ke wajah se sabka kaam bad gaya hai, bas isi wajah se Shekhar aajkal jaldi jate hain aur der se aate hain. Anyway, aap please yeh paratha dekhna main unhe nashta de aati hu, nahi to bina khaye hi nikal jayenge” said Suman and went towards Shekhar with his breakfast who sat on the dining table arranging a few papers in a file.

“Arey waah aloo paratha, iske sath Priyu ke haath ki chai mil jaati to bas mazaa aa jata” said Shekhar looking at his plate with eyes wide, keeping his files aside.

“Ye lijie Bhaiyya, aapki Priyu ke hatho ki chai bhi aagai” Prerna said putting chai on the table. Everyone had joined Shekhar for breakfast.

Maa, Bhaiyya.. ab jab hum sab ek sath hai..I wanted to say, rather ask you all something…” saying this Prerna turned towards Veena who sat right next to her. Holding her mother’s hand she continued “Maa.. main police station jana chahti hu, Anurag ke bare mein poochne ke lie.. Maine ab tak bhaut kuch aapko bina bataye kia hai and I am sorry for that again.. Pr ab main aapki permission se waha jaana chahti hu.. I promise main sirf poochtach krke aa jaungi” She waited for them all to say something.

“Theek hai Priyu, tum jaao pr sirf poochtach ke lie. Anurag ne humare lie kafi kuch kia hai islie hum tumhe nahi rokenge, magar tum Basu Badi kisi bhi haal mein nahi jaogi. Wo log to waise bhi sirf mauka dhundte hai tumhari insult krne ka” said Veena with a stern look.

“Thank you Maa.. I promise main police station hi jaungi aur kahi nahi” Prerna thanked her mother and gave her a tight hug.

“Aur haan Maa.. maine raat bataya tha meri friend Ayesha ke bare mein.. main aaj usey bhi milne ka soch rhi hu.. Wo uske Mom ke NGO se related kuch baat krni thi usey” said Prerna shifting her focus back to her food.

“Theek hai chali jana, friend ko mil bhi lena” said Veena nodding her head.

Shekhar left for work and Mahesh with his books for college. Prerna looked at time and rushed to her room saying "Maa. 8 baje gaye, I should go get ready nhi to late ho jayega". She ran to her room upstairs.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

Sharda came out of her room and noticed Rishabh sitting on a couch in the living area reading newspaper. 

"Good Morning Rishabh. How are you feeling, raat ko to koi problem nhi hui na?" asked Sharda checking his forehead for temperature.

"Good Morning Masi. I am good, much much better than yesterday, thanks" replied Rishabh folding corner of his paper with his right hand to face Masi and continued reading.

"Great! Hum zara dekhte hai Chandu aur John kya kr rhe hai..already 8 baj gaye hain… Chanduu.." said Sharda while moving towards kichen calling his name. 

Tanvi woke up too and came out, seeing Rishabh in the living area she directly went towards Kitchen "Chandu.. Mera lemon-honey water ready krke room mein bhijwa do please" and went back to her room.

Half an hour later Rishabh joined Sharda for the breakfast. "Chandu, Sir ko wo juice aur fruits hi serve kro. Aur Mr. Mehra ko bol dia hai na? Tanvi ko bhi bol do bahar aake breakfast krne ke lie" while Masi instructed Chandu, Mr. Mehra had joined them. 

"Good Morning Mam. And Sir, how are feeling today?" asked Mr. Mehra. "Good Morning Mehra.. I am good.. grab yourself a chair and join us" said Rishabh. "Sir, I am thinking of visiting office to get a few files for more details on the issue, before we meet at 11.30 for further disussion. I hope  that's okay?"

"Discussion?.. what discussion? Rishabh khabardar jo tumne kaam krne ki zidd ki to... You need to rest. bass hum kuch nahi sunenge" said Masi in a irritated tone, not liking the idea at all. 

"Masi, kuch kaam nhi krna hai.. hum bas study mein baith ke discuss krne wale hain. I need to know what the problem is before I get into it. Aur ye matter mujhe jaldi se jaldi resolve krna hai.. so that we can fly back to London. Aap please bilkul tension mat lijie.. And Mehra, please get those files and meet me in the study at 11.30" said Rishabh keeping his hand over hers giving her an assuring look.

Sharda just nodded, still not fully agreeing but gave in to his pleading eyes "Theek hai"

"Alright Sir, I'll take your leave now. And Thank You Mam for inviting me for the breakfast, but I'll have something in the office" said Mehra and left for office.

"Mam, Tanvi Mam ne apna breakfast room mein hi mangaya hai" Chandu informed Masi. "Theek hai whi de aao" Masi instructed Chandu. 

"Masi.. is everything okay with Tanvi? Kal se notice kr rha hu she is not herself.. I dunno something is off.. I am not sure but aise lag rha hai she is not comfortable around me.. I could be totally wrong though" asked Rishabh still focused on his plate.

"Shayad usne Calcutta mein jo kia.. she went against you to help Mr.. Bas..." she stopped midway looking at change in Rishabh's expressions, hearing the words. "Usne jo kia, uska guilt hai usey.. isliye tumhe avoid kr rhi hai shayad.. give her some time she will be fine" Masi tried to explain.

"Masi pr Tanvi ko...... " he heard his daughter's voice and he turned around on his chair leaving the conversation incomplete. 

"Papa... good morning.." Kukki came running from behind and Rishabh extended his arms to take her in. Making her sit on his lap, he gave a tight hug and kissed her "Good Morning princess"

"Aaj aap bina uthaye uth gaye.. School jana hota hai to kitna mehnat karwate ho" said Masi to which Rishabh smiled and gave his daughter another peck. 

"Abhi no school.. bas masti.. haina Papa" she looked at father hoping he would side her. 

"I know no school and its masti time but studies to karne padenge.. Filhaal hum sab ke sath and soon we'll get you a home tutor.. So studies se no escaping" Kukki rolled her eyes, with a pout on her face.

"Masi, yaha aapki friend thi na jo school principal hai.. If she is still in Mumbai, why don't you ask her to suggest a good home tutor for like a week or so. I don't think isse zyada time yaha hume stay krna padega.. Aap try kijie and main bhi dekhta hu. Her studies should not suffer for all this" he said while imitating his daughter who was still sitting with her hands folded and a big sad pout on her face. 

"Papa ke pass ek idea hai pr Kukki to naraz hai islie rehne dete hain" Rishabh said while waiting for her to react. This brought a huge smile on Kukki's face, she turned around and looked at her father with glistening and eager eyes to hear the idea. 

"Agar Kukki aap studies ke lie agree karte ho to Papa aapko roz morning mein garden leke jayenge.. Aur jab tak koi tutor nhi aa jata tab tak Papa hi aapke sare lessons bhi lenge, so how's the ide...?" Rishabh couldn't even finish and, Kukki was already hugging him tightly with her hands around his neck showering him with her kisses while Rishabh just enjoyed every moment with his eyes closed. 

"I'll go get my math activity box and then we will go down" she ran towards her room. 

"Room mein bore ho jayegi, islie socha neeche le jata hu. Chandu kukki ka breakfast kisi ke sath neeche garden mein hi bhijwa do" giving a forced smile to Masi, he left the table. 

'Hum jante hai Rishabh, Kukki ke bore hone ka to bas bahana hai. Jana to tum chahte ho yaha se' Masi thought to herself. 

"John tum jaao neeche breakfast lekar, Kukki ka dhaan rakhna and make sure Rishabh koi zyada stress na le.." Sharda instructed John and asked Rishabh and Kukki to be back soon. "Abhi 9am hua hai Masi, we'll be back by 10ish.." Rishabh informed Sharda. 

OUTSIDE POLICE STATION, CALCUTTA

Prerna got out of the taxi, while paying the taxi driver she said "Dada jaldi change de dijiye na.. Mujhe late ho rha hai.. already 9am ho gya hai." She took the change and entered the Police Station. She looked around and stopped at the inquiry desk to know, who would be the right person to find about a missing person. Lady constable directed her to Inspector Bagchi's cabin and asked her to wait at the nearby bench as he was out for rounds. Prerna shook her legs and kept checking on time while she waited impatiently for Inspector Bagchi. 

'Aur kitni der, mujhe meri friend se milne mein late na ho jaye.. please jaldi ayiye Mr. Bagchi.. it's 9.30 already' she whispered to herself and got up to ask the lady constable at the inquiry desk, for update on Bagchi after waiting for a good half an hour.

"Mam, wo rounds pr gaye hain, usme koi fixed time to nahi bata sakte… aap ko wait hi.. Ohh wait .. Lijiye Bagchi Sir aa gaye, jayiye mil lijie." lady constable informed Prerna and she quickly followed him to his cabin.

"Good morning Inspetor Bagchi! My name is Prerna Ba… I mean Prerna Sharma. Main yaha ek missing complaint ke bare mein janne ke lie aayi hu.. Mr. Anurag Basu parso se missing hain.. Kya aapko unke baare mein kuch pata chala?" Prerna said in a breath hoping to get some news of Anurag.

"Mr. Anurag Bashu.. son of Mr. Moloy Bashu..?" asked Inspector Bagchi for a confirmation. 

"Yes, Sir. Basu Publication owner's son. Whi Anurag Basu.. Kuch information mili unke baare mein?" asked Prerna hoping for some clue. 

"Nahi Ms.. kya naam bataya aapne.. haan Ms. Prerna.. Dekhhiye abhi tak unka kuch pata nhi chala hai.. Hum pura Tarah se koshish kr rhe hai but ab tak koi clue nhi mila hai.." Bagchi informed her.

"Ohh.. okay.. Thank you Inspector. I appreciate your help" she was disappointed and worried at the same time. 

"By the way how are you related to Mr. Basu?" before Baghi could ask, she had already left his cabin in a hurry to meet her friend at a coffee shop. 

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

Garden 

Away from direct sun, under a tree, Rishabh and Kukki had found a perfect spot for a little father-daghter morning date sitting on a mat, over lush green and soft gras. Weather during this time of the year was pleasant with cool breeze and sky clear post retreating infamous Mumbai Monsoon. 

Kukki was busy arranging a few number blocks in search of an answer for a slightly tricky math problem (for kids her age) her father gave her to solve. With her eyes completely focused on her blocks, she would raise her face a bit to finish her cornflakes that her father fed, a spoon at a time; wiping her face every now and then.

"Are you there yet?" inquired Rishabh about the problem, feeding her last few spoons.

Kukki raised her head and both her palms towards Rishabh, she gestured with her eyes telling him to be patient and not interupt as she is almost done. 

"Okay, okay I get it. I will wait for another 5 mins, no more" said Rishabh and looked up towards the sky with both his hands behind his back resting on the mat, supporting his upper body.

His moment broke, feeling a slight pull to his T-shirt "Papa, please check?" said Kukki still looking at her blocks arranged in a certain sequence, still clutching her father's T in her little hand to grab his attention.

"Very impressive Kukki you solved it. Answer is absolutely right you little lady!!! I didn't know you were this smart" Kukki was elated to know she was right and said "I'd have solved it earlier Papa, but you were disturbing me so much. Another one?"

"Another one, haan.. I thought someone said no to studies? That's all for today, Papa has a work meeting in sometime.. ready hona hai so lets wrap up, shall we?" said Rishabh to Kukki who sat in his lap.

"OKAY,  baki lesson tomorrow" she said and slipped down Rishabh's lap to arrange her blocks in its box, while John helped her.

Rishabh just lied back in his place; with his hands supporting his head, he closed his eyes feeling relaxed breathing in open air. 

He felt a slight wait on his chest, only to find little Kukki's head on him. She looked up at the sky, hands behind her head resting on her father's chest, and legs on the mat, innocently imitating him. Their bodies made a perfect T together.

Rishabh smiled and removed one hand from under his head and slowly caressed Kukki's hair. Both lied quietly looking up; Rishabh's eyes still closed and Kukki's followed a flock of bird she saw flying up in the sky.

"Excuse me Sir, you asked me to inform you when its 10.30.. its time sir.. would you like to go up now?" said John waiting for his response.

Rishabh just replied with a "hmmmm" eyes still closed.

CALCUTTA

Outside Police Station

Prerna stood outside the police station waiting for a cab. "God, 10.30 to yahi ho gaya, aur cab ka koi namo nishan bhi nahi dikahi de rha hai. I think I should go to taxi stand" she ran towards the nearby taxi stand. 

She sat inside the taxi "Dada Indian Coffee House le chalie, thoda jaldi kijie please". She closed the door, keeping her bag on her side she rested her head on the door glass looking out trying to relax herself. 

Kukki' Room

"Alright Princess, now that you are all clean and tidy, why don't you enjoy any of your favourite cartoon or movie, while Papa finishes some of his office work with Mehra" said Rishabh drying her hair with a towel, almost taking permission from the little lady who ruled his heart, ever since he held her in his hands for the first time.

Seeing her nodding in an agreement, he made her sit on her bed and turning the TV ON, he said while placing a peck on her cheek. 

"I'll be in the study.. will ask Masi Dadi or Tanvi to give you a company okay, till then enjoy your show" he said handing over the TV remote and wrapping her properly with a blanket.

Rishabh left Kukki's room, closing the door behind him and walked towards his study.

Rishabh's Study

He stood outside this huge and heavy wood carved door painted in darkest shade of brown, with elegant brass door handles. His left hand clutched in a tight fist behind his back, he kept his right hand on the carved wood right in front of his eyes and slowly slid it down to the handle; his eyes tracing his hand movement. 

Making his hold tight on the door handle, he took a  deep breath. Turning the handle down he pushed the doors with both his hands, leaving the other side open for his eyes to scan.

He slowly moved into this huge rectangular room with several windows near the cieling illuminating it just with the natural light. He looked around, feeling as if huge shelves with uncoutable number of books on different subjects were just waiting for someone to displace them from their place; noone had touched any ever since he left this house around 5 years back. 

He walked ahead towards the shelves, moving his hands over books, his eyes stopped at this huge wooden table right in the center of the room and a huge arm chair staring at him from the other end of the table. A huge european style glass chandelier adorning it from the top. It seemed as if a throne was waiting to be owned back by the king that owns it.

Taking a few steps straight ahead he turned around and stopped behind the chair, with his hands on it. 

He felt his knees going weak on him due to subsiding abdomen cramps yet causing enough discomfort, he moved ahead a couple steps. With his palms on the table he took its support to stand with his face hanging down between his shoulders. 

"Rishabh, are you feeling okay?" asked Tanvi who entered the room with a glass of water. Keeping the glass on table she quicky reached his side helping him sit on his chair. 

"I am fine, don't worry. Just a cramp.. it'll go in sometime" he said while making himself comfortable in the chair. 

Tanvi in a sudden movment removed her hands and moved back "Umm.. Mom asked me to give you the meds.. please aap le lijie" she said giving his tabs and quickly turned to leave the room. 

"Tanvi. Wait!" said Rishabh and gulped his meds. 

Tanvi stood in her place with her back facing him; Rishabh came around facing her now. 

"Tanvi, what's the matter?" he asked holding her shoulders, while she looked down to avoid any eye contact with him.

"Tanvi, look at me" he stressed on his words this time.

She lifted her head with fresh tears forming in her eyes "I am so sorry Rishabh.. I shouldn't have done all that I did back in Calcutta..things I said about Prerna and helping Mr. Bas..." she said in one breath.

"Shhh.. Its alright Tanvi, I asked you to forget everything while leaving Calcutta and I meant it. So please stop feeling bad about anything. I know the feeling coz maine bhi to.."he took a pause and continued "so its alright" said Rishabh trying to explain her that he is over it already.

Tanvi wiping her tears looked at him still with a guilty face.

"You are like Kukki to me Tanvi.. NO..NO. I am not saying that I that old and don't think I am not aware of your feelings towards me.. so considering the whole thing, it would be pretty awkward, isn't it" he winked at her with a know it all face, which brought a small smile on Tanvi's face.

"What I meant is- I hold the same feeling of care and protectiveness that I do for Kukki. Kukki, Masi and You are family, so it doesn't make a lot of sense, hum ek ghar mein rehkar ek dusre ko avoid kre. Lets respect each other's feeling and stay as friends, can we?" bending a bit to meet her eyes, he extended his arm with palm facing her, waiting for her to give an agreement with a hi-five, like he always did with Kukki.

"Yesss" without wasting a second she tapped on his palm.

"Sorry and Thank you very much" she hugged him, that came as a surprise and made him loose his balance but he reciprocated with a light hug. She broke the hug and said "I feel so much better now, I promise you will always find this friend by your side. I won't ever let you down"

"Hum andar aa sakte hain" they heard Sharda, who stood at the door with a wide smile who witnessed the whole thing. She was happy that these two mended their differences maturely.

Tanvi ran towards Sharda and hugging her tightly she said " You know Mom, Rishabh ne mujhe maaf kr dia"

"I know, he did. Aur Rishabh hum bhi tum dono se mafi mangte hai.. Jo bhi hua uske zimmedar hum bhi hai aur hum samjh gaye hain ki galat tha.. so sorry" Rishabh smiled from a distance and Tanvi gave another hug to her mother. 

"Acha Rishabh Dr. Rastogi ka call aya tha..He was asking about you.. Meds dia na Tanvi tumne?" Tanvi nodded in an yes.

"Arey hum jo kehne aye the wo to bhool hi gaye.. Mr. Mehra bahar living area mein tumhara wait kr rhe hai.. aur jo bhi work hai finish it before lunch.. Dr. Rastogi strictly said not to miss any meal. Waise bhi jab se India aaye ho you've neglected health so much and last 3 months have been stressful hum jante hain aur result humare samne hai. So jaise sabki care karte ho apni bhi karo" Masi said with her hands on Rishabh's shoulder.

"Sure Masi, and please send Mehra in, I am ready for him. Aur haan please could you or Tanvi check on Kukki, she is alone in her room. Thanks" he moved towards his chair while Masi and Tanvi left.

CALCUTTA

The Indian Coffee House

Prerna rushed into the cafe and looked around to find a familiar face that she came to meet. She spotted Ayesha sitting in a quite corner across the serving counter busy with something on her tab. Looking at her watch she took a breath of relief, it was 11.20 "Thank God, I am not late".

"Hi Ayesha, I hope I didn't make you wait?" Prerna asked keeping her bag aside and grabbing a chair for self in front of Ayesha. 

"Hey no Prerna, infact you are before time. I had another meeting, so I thought of getting myself a coffee.. what would you like to have?" asked Ayesha sliding the Menu towards her. 

"Thanks Ayesha, I am good.. I had heavy breakfast so don't feel like having anything now" said Prerna with a smile. "So Ayesha, what is that you wanted to discuss with me?" 

"As you know my mom runs an NGO for kids. Her NGO focuses on quality education and health programs for kids coming from slums or near by places with no access to schools. So we have concepts like school on wheels for far off places, so that school reaches those who can't reach schools. Apart from this educational trips, health camps, summer school etc are all the projects coordinated by her NGO. We are funded by some of the top corporates and business houses for all these projects under there CSR" Ayesha breifed Prerna a little about the NGO.

"We have received a great round of funds from one of the corporates based out of Mumbai and a lot of our activities and projects are supported by them. My mom needs someone trustworthy who could assist her in coordinating and executing all the projects. I know for a fact you are a kind hearted person and love kids that's why I thought of you. Please don't worry about prior experience, me and my mom will guide you at every stage. We need someone dedicated and  open to learn, which you are. It will be challenging but I am sure you will not be disappointed also the pay is gonna be good. Position is for an Admin Executive with huge opportunities for growth, and person directly works with my Mom" Prerna heard each and every word that Ayesha said with utmost concentration.

She liked the whole idea of working in developement sector that too for kids empowerment. She knew she will get to learn a lot if she gets in to this, deep inside she also knew such jobs are generally very hectic and require a lot of travelling. Being over 3 months pregnant she wasn't sure if she should even get into this. Given a preference she would have chosen a desk job anyday because of her condition.

"Ayesha, does this role need travelling?" Prerna thought she should get a clarity before reaching a decision.

"Yes Prerna, this role will need you travel with in the city and you might have to travel to other cities if required. Do you have any problem with that?" asked Ayesha.

"No nothing like that.. I just wanted to know so I can tell my family about it.. I need to take their permission too.. you know how parents are, don't you" Prerna made an excuse to buy sometime to think over.

"Yeah sure! By when can I hear from you then?" inquired Ayesha, finishing her coffee.

"Can I call you in the evening, ghar jake baat krke... I will get back to you" Ayesha agreed and both of them left the cafe together. Ayesha left and Prerna hired a taxi for home. 

Rishabh's Study

"Hello again Sir, its nice to see you here again Sir.. after so many years" Mr. Mehra said placing a few files on the table, while Rishabh lit his cigar, his back still facing Mr. Mehra.

"Take a seat Mehra" said Rishabh turning his chair to sit. 

"So whats the matter Mehra, that you had to have our flights cancelled at the last moment. It better be worth the trouble" said Rishabh puffing on his cigar looking at Mehra with a straight face.

"Sir, you won't be disappointed about the fact that you had to stay back here, because issue hi aisa hai. Its about our marketing and consulting business for clients and brand we represent in the market" said Mehra, while passing a file, a few newspaper cuttings and some spreadsheets laid on the table.

"What about it" aksed Rishabh, leaving cigar between his lips, freeing his hands he stood up to have a closer look at the documents that Mehra presented.

"Sir, you know our Mumbai HQ is base for our Marketing and Consulting division that forms a huge chunk of our overall business and is responsible for highest earnings. Sir its just not restricted to our inhouse publications, but others we represents along with many reputed brands we consult for. My sources have been working on this for a long time now and I have been informed that POLARIS GROUP, which is also in the business of consulting has been trying to malign our reputation in the market and trying to lure in our loyal distributors who make sure brands we represent reach to the biggest chunk of poeple through their well established distribution channels. POLARIS GROUP is offering them higher profit share in return of giving preference to rivals of brands we represent. They also seem to be making efforts to initiate talks with our clients, quoting lower prices than us. They haven't got much success yet" 

Sir, here is a report for the last quarter and it is evident that before this quarter we made a growth of 7% or more increase in the demand and last quarter is about 4.5%. It is still way better compared to market standards but not by our own; but it can impact us in future if it continues." Rishabh looked at the graphs and was quick to realise Mehra was right.

"Aren't we already offering best prices to our clients and distributors? I mean we deal in bigger numbers than POLARIS, our prices are bound to be lower coz of the volumes we deal with. If POLARIS, offers lower prices wouldn't it hit them as they have to pitch in money from their end to keep the lower quotes feasible for brands and distributorsAgnihotri, who is heading there business seems to be a sane person, why would he get involved into such suicidal deals" asked Rishabh trying to join different pieces of the puzzle they were trying to solve.

"Sir, like I said its not just about prices.. they are also trying to show our clients in bad picture in the public, which eventually will affect us" Mehra picked up the newspaper cutting and showed him and continued to explain further "With politician connection they have already filed fake cases on some of our biggest clients, which means very soon we will also get blamed for associating with brands with questionable products and ethics" 

"Mmmm.. you know Mehra, by the look of it, I must praise Agnihotri.. thats a falacious but smart plan.." said Rishabh looking impressed while crushing his cigar in the ashtray. Mehra wasn't surprised as he always knew Rishabh had always been appreciative of smart people, even if they were competition.

"By the way Sir, Mr. Agnihotri is no more heading POLARIS. Board removed him about 2 months back before all this started" said Mehra anticipating a reaction from his boss.

"Hmmm... thats why I thought, since when he got gutsy and smart at the same time. Who is heading them now?" asked Rishabh focused on reading newspaper articles.

"Sir, someone you know very well!" said Mehra.

Still not removing his eyes from the articles he said "spill the beans Mehra"

"Mr. Adhiraj, Sir" Mehra looked at his boss not aware of his reaction and just kept looking at Rishabh without blinking even once.

"Aditya Adhiraj..?? " asked Rishabh stopping any movement that his body made prior to this moment.

"Ye.. yess Sir, Mr. Aditya Adhiraj" confirmed Mehra in a low voice.

Rishabh kept all papers back on the table as if all these documents turned meaningless in a matter of seconds. He took a deep sigh, ran his hand though his hair, rubbing his neck he sat on his chair.

"So now I know where all these smart ideas are coming from.. why am I not surprised.." he said with a smirk on his face.

'So Aditya, you are back in action yet again' Rishabh thought to himself.

"Alright Mr. Mehra, I think I get a good idea of the situation. I would like to see all heads for a meeting soon, time I'll let you know by evening. Let me think over it and then we can create a plan when we meet" said Rishabh while handing files and papers back to Mr. Mehra.

"And Yes Mehra.. You were happy to see me here in this room Mehra.. I guess your happiness is here to stay for a little longer as we'd be meeting more often.. courtesy Mr. Aditya Adhiraj" Rishabh said leaving his chair. 

"By the way Mehra, I need an account of every second Aditya breathes in.. email me anything and everything you have on him from your sources and keep a check on him" instructed Rishabh and left the room.

Mr. Mehra thought to himself with a wide smile "Good to have you back sir.. like you said courtesy Mr. Adhiraj" and left.

SHARMA NIWAS, CALCUTTA

Prerna entered her house and saw everyone sitting in the living area in silence. It was only 2pm and Shekhar was already home. She went inside and asked "kya hua? Sab aise kyu baithe hain? Aur Shekhar bhaiyya aap itna jaldi wapas aa gaye?"

Shekhar looked absolutely miserable and said "pata nahi sirf aaj ya aur bhi din aise hi jaldi ana padega".

Prerna sensed something was wrong. She went on her knees in front of Shekhar who sat on the couch and holding his hands she said "kya baat hai bhaiyaa, please bataiye na"

"Priyu tum janti ho job crisis ka scene, humare showroom kabhi bhi band ho sakta hai. Filhal working days and hours reduce kie hai company ne that means earnings bhi affect hongi. If things don't improve then there are chances showroom shut down kar dia jaye and we loose our jobs with that. New jobs hai nahi.. to hum ghar kaise run krenge" Shekhar explained his worry in a tired voice.

"Tum fikra mat karo beta hum Vyasji se kehkr aur contracts le lenge. Tum tension mat lo hum sab sath milke kuch na kuch kr lenge" Veena tried to ease of some tension off Shekhar.

"Pata nahi Maa kaise hoga"  saying so Shekhar went off to his room followed by other family members, leaving Prerna behind.

Prerna's Room, 6pm

Prerna stood in her balcony thinking about Shekhar and debating in her mind about Ayesha's job offer. After considering everything she decided to take the job to support her family that needed her to work the most right now.

Veena came from behind with 2 cups of tea. Prerna took both the cups from her hands and kept them on the table. Holding her mother's shoulder she said "Maa.. maine Ayesha ke mom ke NGO ke job kr bare mein socha hai. Main soch rhi hu ki job ke lie agree kar lu.. achi job hai aur salary bhi.. isi bahane main Shekhar bhaiyya ka burden bhi share kr sakti hu" Veena was happy with her daughter's decision, not only because she was thinking about family but more coz she was taking baby steps towards a new beginning.

"Hum bhuat khush hain beta, agar tumhe job profile acha laga hai to zaroor kro.. aur tum hi kyu hum sab milkar kuch ba kuch kr hi lenge" Veena said not hiding her happiness over Prerna's decision to work.

"Theek hai Maa... aap aram se baith ke chai pijiye.. main Ayesha ko phone kr deti hu" Prerna gave Veena her chai and leaned over railing to call Ayesha.

"Hey Ayesha, Prerna here. I think I am up for the role. How do we go about it now?"

"That's great Prerna. Lets meet at our NGO address day after tomorrow at around 10am. My mom will meet you and then we can take it forward from there. Thanks Prerna" said Ayesha, glad with Prerna's decision to take up the job

"Thanks Ayesha, I will see you day after tomorrow at 10. Bye" disconnecting the call she felt happy to be able to help her family in the time of crisis. 

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS, MUMBAI

Rishabh's Study

Rishabh spent whole afternoon post lunch in his study going through every piece of information Mr. Mehra shared with him over a chain of emails.

Picking up his phone from table he dialed Mehra's number.

"Mehra, I think I know how we should go about this. Schedule a meeting day afer tomorrow at 10am and I want head of every department in there.  Also ask them to come up with their suggestions and strategies, else keep their termination letters ready" said Rishabh pacing around room focused on the file in his hands.

All of a sudden he stopped and found Kukki wrapped around his legs. Giving her a silent smile he said "Alright Mehra, get this done and call me if any new information comes up". 

Keeping his phone and file back on table he came down on his knees to pick up his daughter in his arms. They both saw Tanvi stopping at the door panting as if she just arrived from a marathon. 

"I am so sorry Rishabh, I tried to stop her.. but she came her..." said Tanvi trying to find her breath.

"No issues, I was almost done. Now Papa is all yours little lady" said Rishabh walking out of his study with Kukki, followed by Tanvi. 

Part 7- Page 32

Edited by Sunn_shine - 4 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail

(*˘︶˘*).。*♡ how is everything? Are you okay.

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

(*˘︶˘*).。*♡ how is everything? Are you okay.

yes all good..thank you🤗

PM dekho

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Just look at the length of the update 

I loved Kuki Bajaj scenes +💯 

I loved how Tanvi and Bajaj resolved their issues +💯 

And now we know why Bajaj is stuck in Mumbai 😌☑️ 

Ab dekhna padega how is Mr Adhiraj though mereko bade thoughts aarahe hai jo i know will be so 😌☑️ Prerna ending up working for Adhiraj and Baam face to face ☑️😌 nicely woven ishtory 💯👌☑️

Ps. Noticing how you are keeping the time line same for the both ☑️💯😌 both PreRish doing stuff at the same time. 😌💯☑️ Wah.