New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 20

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hatelove2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Everyone has so many expectations from Arnav. Feel bad for Arnav. Can’t wait to read about Khushi though. 

-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: smanjesh

I really like you thought process..yes Kushi's life was hell and she has also lost her mother. She didn't expect much from the marriage but still had some hope I guess.. I think she would understand Arnav better than anyone else as she also faced  similar situation.

Just now was telling Kavi that Arnav and Kushi both disappointed their parents..the should leave family business and start something on their own

Saw and replied to your comment on the blog! But I loved the point you brought up that Khushi would understand Arnav better than anyone else... and it's because as you have said both have disappointed their parents. Very nice catch 😉

Originally posted by: Ecrivain

Finally some breakthrough into Arnav's complex mind. 

And thank you for reiterating that this isnt an Indian soap opera. smiley36

However, I dont hate Arnav after this chapter. Its his family, that deserves some hatred, you know. 

The only thing I expect Arnav to do is to know that Khushi is here without her will. 

Great one. 

Keep 'em coming 

"The only thing I expect Arnav to do is to know that Khushi is here without her will." 👏

Very good point, he definitely needs to start paying more attention to what Khushi is doing. 

Originally posted by: Uzii

Atlast Arnav’s side of the story is out but still Khushi’s past is mystery if Arnav is reluctant to accept her as his wife she is also not very keen to  give him the place as her husband clearly she is hiding something which I’m sure will reveal in future.Myra left him n he is blaming Khushi for that which I’m sure is not correct but if he was so in love with her he should have stood up for her but he chose to not n now mourning on his miserable life n blaming others for his misery.

Hehe yes, Khushi's life is mostly a mystery... it will be unraveled in due time. 

Originally posted by: ManKiBaath

Confrontation #2 - I am completely dumb founded and cross eyed as to why Arnav is still blaming his family for his wedding with Khushi.  Wasn't he the one who entered into wedlock with open arms despite Anjali's warnings? I don't know if I can tell him to quit hanging onto the ghosts of the past without knowing or understanding everything that happened between Myra and him.  Though I will tell him to be thankful for having such a supportive family.

Not sure what to tell Khushi as she finds out more facts about why Arnav is bitter towards her, and who Myra was to Arnav.  I can only ask her to hang in there before things start to turnaround.  Wishing those to come soon.

Another interesting update, and looking forward to confrontation #3.

I think Arnav's words shouldn't be taken literally... he is basically at a very low point in his life and is taking out his frustrations at everything around him. Khushi is caught in the crossfire simply cuz she is a living reminder of Myra's absence... Yes, Arnav looks very immature right now, but everyone deals with stress differently. Khushi is the type to brood in silence, while Arnav would openly yell about it. But yes, things will turn around very very soon 😊

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Originally posted by: DEV-MANNU

I m not justifying khushis action....but a girl suffers more in a relationship....she left back everything known to her for living wth him.....if he was not ready to move on .....wat was the need to marry....atleast he should hav confided the truth in khushi before marriage.....this is nonsense......hop he will com around....before it is too late.....

Completely agree with you, the girl always suffers more in a relationship. Arnav is very wrong,  I am not denying it one bit... but because he is making a fuss, he is overshadowing Khushi's demeanour. What I mean is, if Arnav was okay with everything, and he had accepted Khushi as his lawful wife, would Khushi have returned the sentiment? Would she be willing to try? Her silence is not only a sign of helplessness, it can also be seen as a sign of defiance 😊

Originally posted by: Bizzykizzy

Aw man. I actually feel really bad for Arnav. More for Arnav than for Khushi. He really seems to be all sorts of worn out (mentally, emotionally, and just generally). He feels trapped and seriously no one is taking their proper time to really listen to him. They are all asking him to give some time and attention to Khushi but actually Arnav needs a mental break. He feels like he failed his dad, his employees, his love, and himself. If anything he needs the most attention so he doesn’t have a mental breakdown. Arnav’s family is sweet and all but they’re missing the point here too. Marriage doesn’t solve everything. 

Khushi seems be the only one in the relationship that’s breathing fresh air it seems like because to her, this current situation of her is far better than her maternal home environment. Which makes me wonder, her life back home must really be full of hell if she’s willing to settle for a loveless married life with her partner. 

Love that Khushi overheard the convo. No I don’t feel bad that she heard the convo but she needed to hear it loud and clear that Arnav needs someone. And I hope this helps them to come close to each other somewhat. Oh definitely not romantically. But at least this is how they can start moving forward in their friendship.

I hope Khushi becomes that friend to Arnav who helps him in bringing his business back to its heights and helps him overcome his break up with Myra. 

Aquatinted with each other: ✅

Becoming friends: pending 

Continue soon! 

Bizzy 

Your comment touched on SOOO many important points that I don't even know what to say 👏

You are bang on about Arnav, he is exhausted and no one is ready to see that... instead they are pointing out more and more faults at his decisions. So yes, Khushi not forcing her way into his life is actually a blessing in disguise... you will understand more why Khushi is keeping quiet once her own past is unraveled. 

Originally posted by: hatelove2012

Everyone has so many expectations from Arnav. Feel bad for Arnav. Can’t wait to read about Khushi though. 

Yes, poor guy has a lot on his plate right now! 

Originally posted by: luvbug

im not sure what im feeling now.... both need to put in efforts to make this marriage work.... but i think that will come later....at this point i think think even arnav need to know that khushi was forced... y is he upset with khushi.... because she said yes to marriage??

wow he is pissed... the Raizada's are to be blamed too here... they should have given him time after the break up i think instead of forcing him for the marriage... but im not sure if he was forced either... i think from the previous chapter it seemed as if he agreed to the marriage

eagerly waiting to read further!

Arnav is just frustrated tbh... Khushi became the point on who he is venting out his anger, not that he is directly angry at her... As the chapters unfold, you will see a Arnav calming down and start to make sense of the situations... 

-Archi- thumbnail

Olaaa!

I am SOOO sorry this update is a few hours late... forgot my laptop this morning, so couldn't post around lunchtime like usual. 

Thank you for the interesting comments - answered some queries above!

As always, for notifications follow my blog or wattpad!

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Eight

Invitation

“So, what’s new?”

Khushi calmly sipped her coffee, enjoying the chilly November breeze of Delhi. She was found in a small café, not far from the penthouse, meeting her brother, Vihaan, who had called her wanting to discuss “something very urgent”. Knowing how dramatic he could be, Khushi grudgingly agreed. 

“Earth to Khushi, earth to Khushi,” Vihaan said, waving his hand in front of her face.

“I am listening Vihaan,” she answered, rolling her eyes. “I am trying to understand what was so urgent that you called me here?”

“Can’t I have a cup of coffee with my sister?”

“During working hours? What does Papa think about you slipping away from the office in broad daylight?”

Vihaan shrugged. “He’s out of town… went to go sort out that mess with that factory in Bangalore. He’s coming back tomorrow.”

Khushi raised an eyebrow. “He went himself? Why didn’t he send you? Shouldn’t you be taking over these things now? I mean-”

“Calm down, it’s not what you think,” he said quickly. “I had to meet with the wedding planner this week, that’s why he didn’t send me. Don’t always assume the worst…”

Khushi sighed. Right, how could she forget? It was the wedding of the century for the Guptas.  

Her brother was getting married. It was arranged (obviously). She overheard her father looking for appropriate alliances long before her own marriage was fixed, but he never seemed to be satisfied with the choices. It was only last month that he finally found the “right” one, someone not only good enough to be a wife, but also the daughter-in-law of the illustrious Alok Raj Gupta. Of course, Khushi was kept far from these dealings. She only managed to get snippets out of Vihaan now and then, who was so embarrassed by the idea of being set up that he had refused to talk about it. 

That was until he met Ahana.  In just one meeting, he had been smitten; and there was no turning back after that.

Truth be told, Khushi was beyond ecstatic for her brother. Her first impression of Ahana the few times they met was a positive one. She was right for her brother in more ways than he understood himself. It was almost a relief for Khushi to know that after her departure from the Gupta manor, there was at least someone looking after her brother.

“So are you all set then?” Khushi asked. “For the wedding?”

Vihaan grimaced. “The wedding planner is all sorts of nuts… I wasted all day yesterday trying to explain Papa’s taste, and she understood nothing.”

“Maybe it’s not her fault,” she replied bitterly. “Papa’s taste is horrible.”

Look at Arnav, she thought to herself. 

“Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that the wedding will be hell if she doesn’t do what he likes.”

“Okay, so get Ahana to talk to her.”

“No, Ahana is already stressed out with events at her own place. I can’t give her more stuff to do.”

Khushi finally realized why she was summoned to the coffee shop. “Before you ask, let me make it clear that I am notgoing to-”

“But I am asking Khush,” Vihaan cut in desperately. “I need your help! I can’t figure all this out by myself! The wedding is less than a month away and I don’t even know what I will be wearing!”

Khushi pressed her lips, not knowing what to say. Her brother was reasonable in his demand, no doubt, but did he not understand why she was being reluctant? 

Please Khushi,” he said after a few minutes. “I wouldn’t ask if I had an alternative. Besides, you will also get a break from Arnav, don’t you think?”

She snorted. “As if I will be allowed to enter the house without Arnav.”

“Then bring him with you. He can keep Papa distracted.”

Khushi sighed. “I love you Vihaan, and I will be there with you for the wedding. But coming back home to help with the planning? That’s just too much… Papa is going hate anything I pick, not that I will blame him. I suck in these things. Plus, it will take him two minutes to figure out something is wrong between me and Arnav-”

“So, something is wrong between the two of you?”

Khushi realized a second too late what she let slip. She had to give it to her brother, he had a knack of getting things out of her even when she tried very hard to hide them. 

“You can tell me… I will understand,” Vihaan said earnestly. 

He would. There was no doubt about that.  Except Khushi didn’t know what she was supposed to tell him.

After overhearing Arnav and Lavanya that day, she had decided explicitly to not interfere in the former’s life. Not that she wasn’t doing just that before, but seeing him so angry, blaming her for things that were out of her control… she didn’t see what other choice she had. 

“Nothing is wrong Vihaan,” she finally muttered. “But we aren’t perfect. We are two very different people in an arranged marriage… it will take time, don’t you think, for us to be husband and wife? But Papa is not going to accept that... anything less than perfect is unacceptable for him.”

Vihaan stretched out his hand to hold hers. “Ignore him for a second… what do you want?”

Khushi shrugged. “Can we please not talk about this? I am making peace with how things are… why do you want to get back into these discussions? We aren’t going to get anything out of it-”

“We can find-”

“No, I am not negotiating,” she snapped, her patience done. “Besides, we are talking about your marriage here, not mine.”

Vihaan looked away from her. “I am sorry Khush,” he said. “I am sorry I cannot help-”

“I am not asking for it.”

“Yes, but I always end up putting you in rough situations… if Maa was here, then she would have handled this… and Papa… and you would still-”

“Stop with the pity party,” Khushi cut in, before the conversation became too painful. “How many weeks do you want me to come and stay? Is three weeks good enough?”

Vihaan blinked, not following. 

“Okay fine, three weeks it is,” she continued, ignoring the look she was receiving. “Send me the wedding planner’s number, I will talk to her. And please be proactive with the company… I can’t stress this enough Vihaan-”

He didn’t let her finish for he had risen from his chair and pulled her into a tight hug. Khushi smiled, glad that at least this relationship of hers had not changed in the wake of her marriage. 

However, the happiness did not last long. As she made her way back to the penthouse, Khushi had no idea what she was going to say to Arnav. Her father had made it very clear that once she was married, she would only be allowed to enter the house with her husband and no one else. 

But how was she supposed to convince Arnav? They had barely exchanged a few words in the last few weeks. While Lavanya’s visit somewhat calmed him down, there was still a lot of resentment left. Khushi could see it as clear as day.  So given these circumstances, how could she even ask him to stay three weeks with her family?

The evening passed on with these thoughts and much too soon, Arnav arrived from work, tired but not as disgruntled as she imagined. Taking that as a good sign, she joined him for dinner at the dining table, a first for them. 

“I need to talk to you,” she said quietly, while he served himself food. 

“About what?”

“Vihaan is getting married.”

“So I have heard. My hearty congratulations.”

“As his sister, I need to be there.”

“Go ahead. I told you before, you are free to do whatever you like.”

Khushi now felt a little impatient. Would it hurt to give her some undivided attention? “It’s not that simple.”

“Why not?”

“Because this is the first time I am officially visiting my family after our wedding. So it’s customary for me to come with my husband.”

Arnav mulled that over. “Okay, I can drop you off tomorrow evening. I have a few meetings during the day.”

“You don’t understand – I can only stay the full three weeks if you are there with me.”

He finally met her eyes. 

“I wouldn’t have asked if it was avoidable,” she continued quickly, in case his temper flew off the handle. “But my family is very… traditional. You have to come and stay there until the wedding is over.”

Arnav finally found his voice. “Three weeks?”

Khushi nodded. “We can come back the second the reception is over.”

“You do realize I will only be home for dinners, right? I have a lot of meetings scheduled for the next few days.”

“No problem. The busier you are, the prouder my father will be.”

“But wouldn’t that defy the point of me staying there?”

She groaned. “I told you, my family is traditional. It’s the thought of you and me staying there together that they care about. The logistics are pointless.”

Arnav shrugged. “Fine, it’s your call. I will stay three weeks, but don’t come running to me if your family will ask awkward questions.”

Khushi glared at him. How conveniently he threw the entire responsibility on her shoulders! 

“Yes, I will,” she replied, defiant. “Because we are in this together. That was our deal.”

“What?”

“We both promised to keep each other’s family happy. I covered for you in front of your family as best as I can, now it’s your turn.”

Arnav pressed his lips, clearly displeased. But she didn’t care. Desperate times called for desperate measures. 

Fine,” he finally muttered. “What am I supposed to be doing?”

“For starters, loose the grouchiness.”

His eyes flashed. “Excuse me?”

“We can’t be happily in love, if you are always on the verge of screaming your head off. You have to learn how to control your anger – my father is a man of discipline.”

“I haven’t yelled at you so far, have I? So what’s the problem?”

“The problem,” she stressed, annoyed. “Is that we don’t look anything like a newly married couple. The second my brother or my father sees us together, they will know I have been lying for two months about how happy I am with you. They will think your temper is a direct result of our unhappy relationship and will undoubtedly involve your family for further details. Do you want that?”

Arnav didn’t respond. 

“I didn’t think so,” she continued, glad that he was still somewhat reasonable. “If we are going to make this work, you will have to be smiling. All the time.”

He grudgingly nodded. 

“Also, you cannot come home whenever you like. Dinner is served at 8pm, so you will have to be there by then – no excuses. You cannot drink-”

“I don’t-”

“Save the excuses. Lata told me about all the empty scotch bottles she found in the den.”

For a second, he appeared furious to hear that, but upon meeting her gaze, he blinked and went back to eating.

“As I was saying,” she continued, triumphantly. “You cannot drink and make a fuss. Do you think you can manage all that?”

He snorted. “I am not an idiot.”

Khushi disagreed with that, but she let it go. They compromised enough for one night.

“Great, I’ll be ready by the time you come home tomorrow evening.”

Not much of an eventful update, I know, but next week's chapters will be very interesting, trust me!

Please like & comment!

Lots of love,
Archi

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

So khushi is still living in the same house ? Why can't she become independent and leave his house.... Why so much desperate need to get her father's approval ?

TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Taken

Finally a strong Khushi. Someone who is able to voice out. Loved how he had nothing to say to her in return but, just agree. 

Okay , so Khushi's family is the typical 'girl child is a burden Male child gets all the property' kind? I find her dad a male chauvinist. I don't want be quick in judging but, so far this is how it seems. Let's see. 

Cheers 

Edited by TwilightStar_JP - 4 years ago
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Loved the Update

Read and commented on the blog

Eager for the next one

Savera84 thumbnail

So their marriage was a deal after all.  I am glad Khushi took the initiative and asked Arnav to fulfil his end of the bargain.

As a reader we unwittingly judge or try to take sides with the information we got so far.

That made me think, why is Alok very strict with his kids?  What happened with his wife?  Did she die or got separated?

For some reason, Khushi and Vihaan can't go against their father.  Why were they so afraid of their father?  Are Arnav and Ahana going to bring changes to Gupta senior's mind set?  These 3 weeks are going to give us few answers to some of the questions and I guess, that will shed some light on what Khushi is trying to hide.  

Khushi thinks Arnav blamed her for thing which are out of her control.  Does that mean, she was indirectly the reason for Myra leaving Arnav?

It is funnly Alok does not approve of what Khushi picks and Khushi thinks Alok's choices were horrible including Arnav.

It is going to be one hell of 3 weeks for Khushi and Arnav.

Wonderful update.  Looking forward to the next already.

Cheers........

amadea thumbnail

Lovely update,hope all will be fine between them soon

laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

So sad n pity abt this version of Arnav n Khushi!.

Despite being super duper rich, they are leading the life of the kin of Adolph Hitler!.

Simply puppets before their parents.

I cant even imagine the amount of stress Arnav must be undergoing right from his teenage.Unfulfilled Ambitions, hopeless one sided love.And a compelling marriage.What can u expect from such a messed person?.

Our Khushi is also sailing in the same boat.

Hitler Father, a remote controlled Loving brother and a Motherless child.

Its pointless for them to find happiness from other sources.Its best that they accept each other as a part of a team and try to behave with each other in a civilised manner.No biting n screaming would do any change.They have start the engine firstly.

Khushi had excelled in this Chapter 8.

Infact u had given a new diemension to all those sulking women who are reeling under depression n surviving on others sympathy.

One should women Where to say No and How to put the correct points at the right time?.

She had tackled Arnav very well this time.Now its time to give a reality check to her Father.