New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 14

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey i recently start reading it and it is just awesome.....khushi and his past and Arnav's behaviour is very mysterious and i love to read more....thnks for this wonderful story and now onwards i will read and comment on every part....

You just proved what an excellent writer you are. I would have been disappointed had arnav turned up. In my head this story is progressing in two different ways. And I am sure you are going to surprise me in the subsequent chapters. After all Arnav's side of story is still in the dark except for one name - Myra.

Khushi needs a serious talk with Arnav and set some expectations and boundaries. First, she should move into  a room of her own. Then go work at the company. Its her business too, she should be involved.

Hey! Just started this story and I must say, I’m hooked! 

Love how you’ve paced the story so far. I was happy when Arnav didn’t show up. And even happier to know that Khushi didn’t expect him to show up. Honestly, both of them should not expect anything from each other YET. 

They haven’t even spoken a single word. They don’t have any relationship. So it makes sense for him to care less. And she could care less as well. They have a meaningless “husband-wife” thing going on and it seems like both are very content with staying away from each other. They seem really ok with just being housemates as long as one doesn’t interfere in the other’s life. That seems to be the only mutual understanding they’ve got. Both are equally to be blamed for the failure of a marriage they’re leading.

If anything, they should start being cordial or just being acquainted with each other and then start with being friends while setting boundaries and certain expectations from one another to avoid any awkward situations like the one during KC. 

I was also very happy you didn’t throw in a random rabba ve moment YET lol. It’s really awkward to imagine the characters have a romantic moment when they haven’t even seen eye to eye yet lmao. I like to invest in my characters and grow with them. 

Loving the story so far. I love anything Arnav and Khushi and so glad to have found this. Going to bookmark this on my phone. Please do continue soon!!

Best,

Bizzy 

Update kab aayega???I'm waiting to read

Kushi has one consolation after getting married to Arnav she has got a   very supportive family but the so called heir apparent of the family looks like is the black sheep of the family . I fail to understand if they were aware of his traits then why thrust a marriage on him and bind him. Now they have realized they have spoiled kushi’s life that’s what all are feeling guilty. 

By not coming for the function he has shown his resentment and anger towards the family. Where was he only time will tell?.But on the other hand his coming for the function would never make sense. Because they are a husband and wife in name the relation exists on paper only. They haven’t spoken a word. It is very essential for kushi to find out why is he acting like this.They have to talk and discuss their issues become friends and understand each other.

Originally posted by Peppermint55

Update kab aayega???I'm waiting to read

In a few minutes!! 

Originally posted by p4peppa

I am not liking this Arnav at all. And the family should be feeling guiltier and doing much more as atonement. Lata must have told Satya about Myra's visits so its a given that she is not unaware where her son's affections lie. It is obvious the marriage was a merger then why this show of feeling guilty now? 

I dont know how you are going to redeem Arnav in Khushi's ( and mine) eyes. But that will be very interesting to follow.  Also waiting to see layers of Khushi's personality unravel.

Thank you for an interesting tale.

Yes, I am starting to realize how difficult it's going to be to redeem Arnav, but I always love a challenge 😉 I will just let the story unfold and see how you will interpret it...

Originally posted by ansak

Aww...so Arnav didn’t turn up. I thought/hoped he would but that would have been too ‘Indian soap opera’ so I’m glad he didn’t. Love the Raizada family dynamics. Keep those updates coming and thank you for sharing this lovely story.

Hehe we are all done with the "Indian soap opera"! 

Originally posted by anjs

So Arnav really is cheating on Khushi..... That would be disastrous.... I don't think I will ever be able to think positively about him.....

Hmm... don't jump to conclusions about Arnav too quickly smiley2

Originally posted by ManKiBaath

The biggest fear that has been caressing Khushi's mind since the break of dawn came true. It was no surprise to the Raizada family more so to Anjali and Lavanya as they are privy to Arnav's stunts. 

A big hug to Anjali and Lavanya for keeping Khushi distracted throughout the day. And an even biggher hug to Satya for cancelling the annual get-together at Shantivan. The perfect responses and support the family gave to Khushi was amazing.

Khushi's judgment seems to be clouded by her past and relations, so it may be a while before Khushi starts accepting the truth that this what faimilies do. 

Looking forward to the Satya/Shaknar/Anjali/Lavanya - ARnav confrontation.

Hehe love how you know there is going to be a confrontation between Arnav and his family smiley36

Originally posted by immuimmy

So many questions... You are killing us with suspense... nice chapter

smiley36 Thanks hun!

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago
Originally posted by Arilip

So arnav is the typical a33 !!!! Hate this type of men who get married to please the family n then treat the wife as trash. What right they have to spoil someone else’s life.....

Anyway khushi is quite an intriguing character her parents house is really yesteryear fundamentals!!!! In her case at least she has 0 expectations...... but I still hope this arnav begs for her consideration....

Be a little patient with Arnav... he is definitely not like Khushi's father. 

Originally posted by Noor1234

Hey i recently start reading it and it is just awesome.....khushi and his past and Arnav's behaviour is very mysterious and i love to read more....thnks for this wonderful story and now onwards i will read and comment on every part....

Firstly, welcome! Thanks for commenting... will love to see your thoughts as the story moves forward!

Originally posted by Viji79

You just proved what an excellent writer you are. I would have been disappointed had arnav turned up. In my head this story is progressing in two different ways. And I am sure you are going to surprise me in the subsequent chapters. After all Arnav's side of story is still in the dark except for one name - Myra.

Thanks love smiley9 As you predicted, the story has two parallel tracks and it's going to go back and forth between the two!

Originally posted by Bizzykizzy

Hey! Just started this story and I must say, I’m hooked! 

Love how you’ve paced the story so far. I was happy when Arnav didn’t show up. And even happier to know that Khushi didn’t expect him to show up. Honestly, both of them should not expect anything from each other YET. 

They haven’t even spoken a single word. They don’t have any relationship. So it makes sense for him to care less. And she could care less as well. They have a meaningless “husband-wife” thing going on and it seems like both are very content with staying away from each other. They seem really ok with just being housemates as long as one doesn’t interfere in the other’s life. That seems to be the only mutual understanding they’ve got. Both are equally to be blamed for the failure of a marriage they’re leading.

If anything, they should start being cordial or just being acquainted with each other and then start with being friends while setting boundaries and certain expectations from one another to avoid any awkward situations like the one during KC. 

I was also very happy you didn’t throw in a random rabba ve moment YET lol. It’s really awkward to imagine the characters have a romantic moment when they haven’t even seen eye to eye yet lmao. I like to invest in my characters and grow with them. 

Loving the story so far. I love anything Arnav and Khushi and so glad to have found this. Going to bookmark this on my phone. Please do continue soon!!

Best,

Bizzy 

Welcome to the story!! Glad you are liking it so far... agree with everything you said. BOTH Arnav and Khushi are acting immature and it's due to their pasts that they became like this. It will take effort on both ends to make this relationship at least bearable. And we are actually very far from Rabba Ve moments smiley36

Originally posted by abivicky86

Kushi has one consolation after getting married to Arnav she has got a   very supportive family but the so called heir apparent of the family looks like is the black sheep of the family . I fail to understand if they were aware of his traits then why thrust a marriage on him and bind him. Now they have realized they have spoiled kushi’s life that’s what all are feeling guilty. 

By not coming for the function he has shown his resentment and anger towards the family. Where was he only time will tell?.But on the other hand his coming for the function would never make sense. Because they are a husband and wife in name the relation exists on paper only. They haven’t spoken a word. It is very essential for kushi to find out why is he acting like this.They have to talk and discuss their issues become friends and understand each other.

Hmm, nice catch there about Arnav... he is definitely the black sheep of the family, and that is never good news for the heir apparent smiley36. Whether his family knew about that or not is going to get cleared in the next chapter! 

Olaa!

Happy Friday 🤗 Thank you for all likes and comments for the last chapter! The much awaited Arnav's POV is here. 

For notifications every time I update, follow my blog or on wattpad!

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Six

Denial

Arnav chugged another glass of scotch as the clock behind him chimed midnight. He had been sitting in his office for over three hours now, as usual making calls that were pointless and drowning his pain in alcohol.

He knew he had to leave soon and trudge his way back through the city to his penthouse. Once upon a time that apartment, bought on the insistence of his mother to keep peace between him and his father, was his solace; but now, it was just another of the many things he avoided. 

If truth be told, Arnav had lost the will to do anything. His life, believe it or not, was hung up on one phone call.

He had just poured himself another glass of scotch, when his door was thrown open and his sister walked in, her face as cold as ice. All the drowsiness vanished without sight, as Arnav stood up immediately, wondering what on earth happened now.

"Di," he said, clearing his throat. "What's wrong? Why are you here so late?"

Anjali stopped in front of his desk. "Oh wow, you know it's late," she replied sarcastically. "Should I be proud that you still haven't lost your sense of time?"

He looked guiltily at the floor.

"I must say Chote," she continued. "You have grown up to be quite the man, haven't you? Too busy to come home, too important to answer phone calls, too stressed to drink anything but alcohol."

"I-I just lost track of time Di... it's not a big deal."

Anjali was livid. "So you would rather sit here and drink yourself sick than come home to a wife who spent the whole day starving for your long life?!"

Arnav didn't follow. "Starving?"

"It's karva chauth today! Were you too busy to remember that too?"

He vaguely recalled reading Khushi's post-it that morning. "I am human Di," he mumbled. "I can't keep track of everything..."

"So Khushi's first karva chauth is nothing but another business meeting that you can't keep track of, is it?!"

"I... I forgot."

"You forgot?! Did you also forget to see Shyam's message-"

"What mess-"

"Or pick up your phone?!" she continued furiously. "Do you even know how many times Maa and I called you this evening? What could possibly have been more important than your family Chote?!"

"You called me?" he muttered stupidly, before searching his pockets and pulling out his phone. Sure enough, there were some twenty odd missed calls, although he couldn't remember hearing even one of them. And what was this message his brother-in-law left him? The last Arnav could remember was seeing the top floor of the company, where all the executives were housed, empty when he returned from his meeting with some local competitors. 

Of course, it was highly possible that in his haze of despair, he hadn’t registered Shyam’s note just like how he hadn’t registered Khushi’s post-it from that morning. It wasn't the first time that happened. 

In the last one month, Arnav could barely recall anything. Just that morning, for instance, he spent two whole hours with the financial advisors, who yet again were very clear on how poor the company was doing, only to come out and realize that he did not retain a word they had said. He had to call his secretary and ask for the meeting notes.

It was quite alarming, no doubt, but in a small corner of his heart, Arnav felt comforted that his physical state was simply his body rejecting the situation he was so cruelly thrown into.

His thoughts were interrupted by an enraged Anjali.

"You don't pick up the phone," she rebuked. "You don't come home, you don't go to meetings, you don't talk to anyone, all you do it stay locked up in this office, not caring that your life is not just yours anymore! For god sake, you have someone else dependent on your decisions now!"

Arnav took a deep breath. "I don't know what Jeejaji told you, but-"

"Leave Shyam out of this!" she fumed. "Look at me and tell me that you have said at least one word to Khushi since we left her in your apartment?"

He averted his eyes, all his arguments stuck in his throat. It seemed his sister was on the same bandwagon as his mother.

Anjali glared at him, her chest heaving. "Do you have any idea what Khushi must be feeling right now? How embarrassed she must be feeling that every single husband bothered to show up and actually care about their wife except for hers?!"

Arnav pursued his lips and didn't answer, infuriating his sister even more.

"She doesn't deserve this Chote! No woman does! She left her entire family to live with you and you don't even want to see her face? When have you become so insensitive?!"

"I'm not insensitive Di... I just... she clearly doesn't want to stay with me either... so stop worrying-"

"Of course she doesn't want to stay with a man who ignores her every second of the day! You haven't exactly made it easy for her!"

Arnav groaned in frustration and gulped another glass of scotch in answer. He knew where the conversation was being led to and he wasn't wrong.

"Is this about Myra?" Anjali finally asked, watching him closely.

"No," he lied unconvincingly.

She looked at him, incredulous. "When and how has Myra become so important for you?! She left you Chote-”

“Of course she didn’t! It was just a misunderstanding-”

“Do you even hear yourself?!” Anjali asked, glaring at him.

Arnav took a deep breath, trying not to withdraw back into his mind, back to where the happy memories were still fresh and new. His mother’s anger, he got – after all, she was concerned about his father’s health more than anything. He knew she wanted this so-called “marriage” to work just to ease off the stress on Shankar. 

But his sister? He didn’t see her wrath coming. Because Anjali was his supporter since day one. 

Whether it was convincing his parents to send him on bachelor trips with his buddies or standing up to their father when he insisted on Arnav joining the company after he finished college, or simply being there when he needed a shoulder to lean on. She was always present.

Until today. 

“What do you want Chote?” Anjali finally said shaking her head. “What answer are you looking for?"

His reply was instant. "I am not looking for anything."

"Of course you are!" she snapped. "This insane notion you have about love-"

"Di, please-"

She didn't let him finish. "Love happens with time Chote! If I was stupid like you, then I would have lost a man like Shyam years ago. If you think Khushi is going to sit around waiting for you, then think again."

"Then so be it," he muttered, running his hands through his hair. "If it's not meant to be, then so be it... Not every single marriage works out Di."

Silence followed his statement.

Anjali stared at him, first shocked at his words and then appalled that he was even considering the possibility of separation. She sunk into the chair in front of his, all fury apparently drained out of her.

"I fought for you Chote," she whispered after an endless few minutes. Her voice reeked of disappointment, which in many ways was worse than her anger. "When Papa came with Khushi's proposal, I fought with everyone to not let this marriage happen. You were not ready, I knew that... I told you over and over again to wait, to not take a rash decision."

Arnav closed his eyes, guilt pooling in his stomach.

"But you didn't listen to me. You just gave in and said yes without stopping to think even for once if it was the right thing to do."

"You know I didn't have a choice-"

"You had a choice," she interrupted. "You could have said no, you could have walked away. But you didn't."

He was silent. He remembered the day in question very well. It was not his finest moment, and as his sister simply put, he was so caught up with the situation around him that he didn’t stop to think about the consequences of his decision like any other sane person would.

In fact, even now, he was still so wrapped up in his past that he hadn’t even realized that the result of his choice was staring directly at him in the face. 

"And now, you lost the right to walk away from this,” Anjali said. “You chose her Chote, so own up to that responsibility. I did not raise my brother to be a coward... stop hiding in this office, giving everyone stupid excuses and face the reality. Khushi is your wife. Whether you like it or not, you will be spending the rest of your life with her."

Arnav wasn't convinced. "But-"

Anjali stood up gravely. "You have gone too far this time… I supported all of your decisions until today, knowing that you were given too much to handle much too young. But this?! This I am not going to forgive Chote... So you will go home and you will make this right with Khushi. Do you understand?"

He didn't answer. No matter how much Arnav aged, for some reason he could never outgrow his sister or the command she yielded.

So the plot thickens 😆 I feel like everyone is going to become an Anjali fan after this chapter.

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Love,
Archi