New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 12

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v5a1s6 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey, this is an intriguing read!

Is Khushi secretly a doctor?

Looking forward to read about Arnav-Khushi's interactions and their secrets!

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What a unique story .Two mature adults who have got married but are staying like strangers in a luxurious apartment or in other words it just like two paying guests staying in different rooms in a house.

Feel pity for kushi she’s coming from a patriarchal family where her opinion is not considered she only has to obey her father .She only has a brother to whom she can talk. She must be having her own dreams and wishes

What about Arnav he comes from a good family or rather the members are very nice but can’t understand why he’s behaving like a romeo  why did he agree to marry ?.who’s Myra his girlfriend from college .

Whatever may be the case his behavior is not good with kushi .he may come for karva chauth to show his family all is well between them.but that will not resolve issues between them they need to sit and talk or rather kushi should take him to task and ask him for this indifference towards her

Waiting for the story to unfold

-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: cheers2all

I have a feeling Arnav will show up. It could very well be a last minute decision (motivated by her note?)

Khushi hasn't eaten before sunrise, so can we expect her to feel dizzy and have a Rabba-ve moment (jhoota hi sahi) with Arnav breaking her fall? smiley36

Ahahaha... i love rabba-ve moments, but i think it will take some time for them. Our leads need to have a conversation first 😆

Originally posted by: coderlady

Who exactly pushed for the wedding between the two? Arnav's parents don't seem like the ones who value business over people. Why would Khushi's dad want this either, even though he is the type to value money? So Myra must be upset with Arnav and not talking to him. Arnav is not doing right by Khushi. He agreed to the relationship for whatever reason and at least he needs to behave like a civil person if not a friend.

Your questions are exactly what I was expecting everyone to ask, which means I am on the right track in revealing Arnav and Khushi's backgrounds 😉 You will eventually figure out who pushed for the marriage, there are some flashbacks coming up! 

Originally posted by: Ecrivain

Hmm, Arnav will come for the KC, no doubt there. 

If he can marry for his parents, then he can also, come to break her fast, no big deal. 

Now moving on to your revert to me, so Maya is a sauten. But come on Archi, dont do the Indian TV jig on me, I will pass. smiley36Otherwise its fun. 

That said, why havant you opened any cards for our beloved hero? 

Hehe I won't make it like typical and boring, I promise 😆

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Peppermint55

Reading something on arshi aftr so long, n it was totally worth it...eagerly waiting to see if arnav turns up...

Can't wait to knw why n which circumstances made them marry?? When will they atleast be civil to eachother n acknowledge their presence??

Best part of the story is gonna be regular updates,bcs hardly anyone updates now..it's a treat to read this...thank u so much for taking time n writing this story

Aww, thanks dear! It's always a pleasure writing for you guys ❤️

Originally posted by: Savera84

Welcome back Archi!smiley40smiley31

I have enjoyed re reading the first 21 chapters of Silent Whispers.   

Coming to the new story, there is lot of mystery surrounding the lives of Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Gupta.  We read 4  chapters so far and they haven't even said a word to each other.   May be this is  a first.  Enjoyed reading all 4 chapters in one go.  Waiting to read the secrets behind their lives. 

First of all waiting to see whether Arnav comes to Shantivan or not to break Khushi's fast. smiley42

Thanks to Gauri for messaging me about this story.smiley31

Cheers.....

I saw your comments on the blog, will reply there!! So happy Gauri sent you the link ❤️

Originally posted by: TwilightStar_JP

Hmm! So. Going by this Arnav wouldn't come anywhere near. But, something tells me he will! Just for the heck of it at least. Why doesn't anyone seem interested in the newly married ones life? Her brother was of no help either. 

I hope her FIL at least figures out something. 

Why is Myra still in the picture? Now I'm concerned. Past is fine but, not when you have committed to a lady as your wife. Heck, he doesn't even treat her as a human being. Wife toh is very far. Chalo. Let's see.

Cheers

I think everyone is definitely interested in Arnav and Khushi's lives (you will see it in the next chapter). Since the chapters so far were written in Khushi's POV, she doesn't necessarily notice it all the time 😊

Originally posted by: abivicky86

What a unique story .Two mature adults who have got married but are staying like strangers in a luxurious apartment or in other words it just like two paying guests staying in different rooms in a house.

Feel pity for kushi she’s coming from a patriarchal family where her opinion is not considered she only has to obey her father .She only has a brother to whom she can talk. She must be having her own dreams and wishes

What about Arnav he comes from a good family or rather the members are very nice but can’t understand why he’s behaving like a romeo  why did he agree to marry ?.who’s Myra his girlfriend from college .

Whatever may be the case his behavior is not good with kushi .he may come for karva chauth to show his family all is well between them.but that will not resolve issues between them they need to sit and talk or rather kushi should take him to task and ask him for this indifference towards her

Waiting for the story to unfold

Firstly, welcome smiley31 Very good questions about Arnav... he does come from a good family, but his behaviour doesn't reflect it all. Why he or for that matter even Khushi agrees to the marriage will be discussed in the coming chapters... I think arranged marriages are fascinating because of this - you know nothing about each other and how you unravel your partner's character and past is what determines how you are going to lead your life with them smiley1

-Archi- thumbnail

Hello!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments!! I couldn't reply to all of them and risk giving away the mysteries of Arnav & Khushi 😆 I answered what I could on Page 15! 

As always, you can follow the story on my blog or on wattpad

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Five

Unsurprised

Khushi was always taught that karva chauth was the most important festival of a married woman, at least that was what she learned from her mother who used to fast religiously for her father. However, spending the day with her in-laws, she realized that perhaps she misunderstood it all. 

After getting a house tour from Shankar, Khushi was whisked away by her sisters-in-law for an afternoon of shopping. She watched in silence as they insisted on buying her countless new sarees and chirped about everything and nothing at the same time. 

Anjali, married for almost ten years now, had just recounted her husband, Shyam’s surprise for her that morning, when Lavanya jumped in and asked Khushi about Arnav. 

“So did my duffer of a brother surprise you?” 

Khushi looked at them, realizing that she would not be able to lie for much longer. Both of them seemed to know Arnav better than themselves. “Should he?”

Lavanya groaned. “Yes! Husbands are always expected to surprise their wives! You are being too naive."

“Is that why Akash looks so scared every time I mention a date?” Anjali interrupted with a smirk. 

Lavanya shrugged. “I am just saying it’s a good idea to keep men on their toes.”

Anjali rolled her eyes. “It’s been a year Lavu, give it some more time before you start making statements on men.”

Khushi jumped in. “It’s only been a year? Was it arranged?”

“Yes,” Anjali replied, while Lavanya blushed. “Hard to believe since they seem to know each other inside out.”

Were all arranged marriages supposed to be like that, Khushi wondered to herself. Who was the odd one out? Her or them? 

“So what surprise did you get this year Lavu?” Anjali continued. “Diamond bangles or a trip to some exotic city?”

Lavanya shrugged. “I am not that materialistic, okay? I asked him for a promise this year.”

“Which is…?”

“That he will spend more time at home,” she answered with a sigh. “He is always so busy with work that he never has time for me…”

Khushi didn’t understand what was so bad about that. A husband not at home was a husband who did not ask questions. But then again, maybe she had a different opinion on how marriages were supposed to work.

“That sounds like a promise Chote should give to Khushi,” Anjali replied. “Does he even spend time with you?”

Khushi felt both her sisters-in-law turn to her expectantly. She knew from the way they were watching her expression that this was a trick question. So, she settled for a believable yes:

“A little… it’s difficult with the merger. Even Vihaan, my brother, is very busy at the office nowadays.”

Lavanya seemed a little convinced. “So, you took my advice then?”

“What advice?” asked Anjali. 

“I told Khushi not to be so quiet all the time,” Lavanya explained nonchalantly. “Arnav needs to realize that he is married now and can’t pull stupid stunts anymore.”

Khushi couldn’t help but notice Anjali’s usually comforting face contract into distress. Just like how she seemed miffed at breakfast on the first day after their marriage, now too, she appeared to be chagrined at the mention of her brother. 

“He isn’t,” Khushi finally said, feeling the need to clear all their doubts about her marriage. “He really is just busy with work…”

The two ladies nodded, albeit uncertainly. 

“In that case,” Lavanya said. “It’s a good thing you don’t live with my parents. Maa would have killed Arnav rather than letting him out of the house today. She takes karva chauth way too seriously.”

Khushi was glad for the change of topic. “Really?”

“Oh yeah,” Lavanya continued, shaking her head. “We usually have all the cousins come over and throw a big party at night. Apparently, it’s a Raizada thing.”

“So then why is it so simple this year?” Khushi asked, naive.

Anjali fiddled with her hands. “Well, there has been a lot going on. Papa just had the surgery, and then you got married… I think everyone needs a break.”

Khushi nodded, realization dawning.  

She had spent enough time with Anjali and Lavanya by now to understand what they did every time they had to avoid telling the truth. Karva chauth celebrations in the Raizada Mansion weren’t cancelled because everyone needed a break, but because their brother needed a break from his one-month old marriage. 

It was obvious from the way they posed their questions that they knew more or less what was happening back in the penthouse. They were just hoping to find a positive angle in the situation from Khushi’s answers, much like how her brother had fruitlessly tried yesterday. 

Perhaps they should get points for caring. 

By the time evening rolled around, panic began to fester deep in Khushi’s mind. Did Arnav read the post-it note she left him? Did he plan to show up and break her fast? Or was he thinking about opting out like the wedding night? And if he was going to disappear, did he at least inform his family? Or was she supposed to fend for herself and cover up the whole fiasco?

These questions trampled her mind while she played dress up with the other ladies. By the time the sun had set, and the moon was about to rise, she stood on the terrace of the Raizada mansion, nervous and in knots. 

Akash had arrived a few minutes ago with a dazzling smile, faithfully carrying a bouquet of roses for Lavanya. They were sitting in a corner now, chatting about something that made the latter blush profusely. Anjali’s husband Shyam too arrived not much later, a grim expression on his face as his wife demanded something from him. They stood together at the ledge, muttering to each other. Shankar was occupied in a book, waiting patiently for Satya to finish dinner arrangements. Miffed as he was about not being able to fast, he still tried his best to support his wife. 

Khushi was the only one standing alone, having no idea how to control the looming disaster. 

Finally, the moon shone through the clouds, causing Lavanya to squeal in excitement and summon everyone. 

Khushi watched Anjali and Satya exchange anxious looks, not knowing what to do. 

“It’s okay,” she mumbled, almost numb to the embarrassment pulsing through her. “You guys go ahead. I am sure Arnav is on his way.”

Satya protested. “No Betiya, it’s okay. We will wait. Shyam, you said Chote was in a meeting, right?”

Shyam cleared his throat. “Yes Maa, I left a message on his desk to come home as soon as possible. He should be here any moment now.”

It was one hell of a long moment. 

As the minutes awkwardly ticked by, Khushi wondered how big of a fool she must be looking like. She had lied the whole day, pretending to be happy in her marriage, when it was crystal clear that she held no importance for her husband whatsoever.  Could it possibly get any worse?

Finally, after what felt like eons, Shankar stepped forward. “Let’s just go ahead without Chote, he clearly is caught up at the company.”

There was no anger in his voice, nor disappointment for that matter. He was practical, thinking about the present predicament and nothing more. Khushi respected that. 

However, when all the ladies lined up in a row ready to break their fast, she did not join. 

“Come on Khushi,” Lavanya said.

“No, it’s okay. I will wait for Arnav,” she muttered. No matter how understanding they seemed, Khushi knew her boundaries well. 

Satya appeared pained to hear that. “No sweety,” she said, gently. “You will get sick, it’s already too late. You need to drink water.”

Khushi shook her head. “No, I am fine. Please don’t wait for me.”

Satya turned wordlessly to her husband for support. 

“Khushi,” Shankar said, affectionately. “I know this is important for you, but Chote isn’t even picking up his phone, he might be stuck somewhere. You can’t keep waiting for him forever, can you?”

I don’t have a choice, she thought bitterly. 

Out loud, all she said was, “I am sorry for causing so much trouble, but please-”

“Why are you apologizing Khushi,” Anjali interrupted. “It’s Chote’s fault for making us all wait, not yours. He needs to respect your time, so don’t wait for him.”

“Maybe he forgot,” Khushi mumbled, her head hanging in shame. “I mean I didn’t exactly tell him I was fasting-”

“Nonsense,” Satya interrupted. Holding Khushi’s arm, she gently led her to sit on a nearby chair and handed her a glass of water to drink. 

“I really am fine-”

Her mother-in-law, it seemed, had made up her mind. “No Khushi, I am not going to listen to any more excuses. You did your part and fasted, don’t worry about the rest. Chote will have to understand why you didn’t wait for him. Now, please drink.”

Khushi knew they were empty words, the look of guilt on all their faces said everything she needed to hear. But despite resenting all of them a month ago, at that moment, all she wanted to do was tell them not to worry. It wasn’t their fault their son didn’t show up. 

If her father was present, of course, he would have undoubtedly blamed her for Arnav’s absence. The fact that not even a single one of them pointed a finger in her direction made her thankful to them more than anything else. 

So with a smile on her face, she accepted the glass of water and broke her fast. The Raizada ladies followed suit, and even though they put on a good smile, she saw the worry etched in their eyes. No wanting to trouble them anymore, Khushi requested to retire to her room and promised a suspicious Satya that she would eat her dinner there before sleeping. 

Once alone, Khushi stared out of the walled-sized windows into the clear starry night, all signs of hunger gone. It had been an eventful day; there was so much about her in-laws that she was completely unaware of. Her instructions from the moment her marriage was confirmed with Arnav had been crystal clear: you are marrying the heir apparent to the Raizada family, they need an obedient girl, not an insolent one.

And yet, from the first day of her marriage to now, all that the Raizada family did was go out of their way to make sure she felt welcome and accepted. It seemed they knew exactly what their son was, and in fact, felt answerable for his actions, when all her father ever did was make sure that he wasn’t blamed for her mere existence. 

As Khushi continued waiting for Arnav, wondering what on earth was so important that he wouldn’t even pick up his family’s calls, she drifted off into an exhausted sleep. 

And just like she had predicted, he never showed. 

Again. 

So Arnav doesn't show up, but I think that's a good thing because it gives Khushi the space to understand how supportive his family is. 

Let me know what you think!

Archi 

srilathas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Good one 

Family knowing that Arnav is behaving as expected is good sign, they r supporting khushi a d making her feel comfortable 

amadea thumbnail

Hope Khushi will stand for her self-esteem  and start a work or  any occupation

Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Arnav didnt show up... 

I am happy. I would have been slightly unhappy if he had. Kidding. 😆

But this is a good start. 

Was he breaking Myra's fast by any chance? That is if Myra fasts?? Or is she similar to La in the show ? Hey La did Teej. And Arnav was not there. 

Oops, this is BOAF and not IPKKND 😛

p4peppa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am not liking this Arnav at all. And the family should be feeling guiltier and doing much more as atonement. Lata must have told Satya about Myra's visits so its a given that she is not unaware where her son's affections lie. It is obvious the marriage was a merger then why this show of feeling guilty now? 

I dont know how you are going to redeem Arnav in Khushi's ( and mine) eyes. But that will be very interesting to follow.  Also waiting to see layers of Khushi's personality unravel.

Thank you for an interesting tale.

luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Booo Arnav.... was he with myra? did they patch up?

oh i think they all know what must be going with the newly weds... lata must have informed them of the on goings...

oh khushi! but im glad she is with a good family...slowly i think everything will settle down!

eagerly waiting for the next!