IPKKND Bitter sweet 2: An acquired taste C11 p28 23rd May ! - Page 3

Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 1 

Bitter Sweet 2 - an acquired taste reacquainted

“Aap atche lag rahe hai, (you look good) -handsome” 

He hears her say as he stands in the mirror adjusting his white collar over his blue suit. “Thanks” he replies  into the mirror reflection watching Khushi step forward and circle her arms around his waist.  

“Handsome maybe but not as beautiful as my wife” 

“Hmm Isn’t that what you tell Aditi, she smirks sinking into his back.  He smiled.  “What is it you’re after?

“Nothing” she says “aap, bas aap” (you, just you) that feeling of her hands around his back only lasts seconds to when he realises that it is only a figment of his imagination, a comforting memory. 

He sighs looking down at the picture from of his family. The children when they were younger, and his wife. 

“Good morning!” Smiles Aarav as Aman walks into the kitchen.

“Good morning! Ready for another day in the office?” Asks Aman patting Aarav on the back who is stood at the kitchen stove.

“Hardly” rolling his eyes animatedly which Aman finds amusing.

The only thing Aarav liked about the office was lunch time

“Where’s your dad?” Asks Aman with dotting his eyes around beyond the kitchen.

“Dunno, have some breakfast you know you want to says Aarav dishing out a plate for his uncle Aman.

Arnav smirks as he walks into the breakfast table, “why is it that you can get up at the crack of dawn to make make breakfast for yourself and the world but you’re late to work.

Sitting down to the table he picks up his paper whilst Hp serves his breakfast. 

“Maybe because I don’t like the office but I love food” says Aarav carefully cutting into his food. 

“Sometimes we have to do things we don’t like, that’s just the way it is.”

Arnavs tone was a little though. “Well I’m sitting here aren’t I with the two men that are responsible for keeping me away from my mother and my sister.” 

Aarav puts down his cutlery and leaves. Leaving ASR at the table looking rather annoyed. 

“HP bring me my coffee !!” Aman witnesses all sighs. 

Aman sat in the front passenger seat, whilst Arnav and Aarav sat in the back.

Arnav looked on towards his son by his side, he was never usually this quiet in the car. Arnav looked his way and saw the little boy within a grown young man even know. It had taken the two of them a lot of time to bridge the gap then. There was always going to be little gaps between the two of them but ones that they could mend together. 

Aarav had his fathers figure and build his features his hair, but he had sheetals fair complexion and eyes. His traits through and through were from his Khushi mom.  

“I’m sorry” Arnav says, knowing he had a aptitude for being bitter with his words at times. 

“No I’m sorry” says Aarav turning to look at Arnav.. 

“I miss her that’s all “, he confesses to his father. 

“Me too” says Arnav “Me too.” 

Elsewhere in a Mumbai city town house 

Khushi is sat at the kitchen counter with her accounts. She had many bits of paper and a calculator to help but she’d been here for over a hour with no progress.  “Want help?”

She heard him say from beside her, move up a little he said bringing a stool closer and looking at what she was up to.

“ Well that’s wrong for a start”, She watched him quickly work out what she had been stuck with for hours and smiled, he was going to scold her any minute before he could she quickly placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you” she said catching him off gard.

When Khushi felt a tear fall from her eye and hit the ink on paper she realised that she was lost in the past.  Certainly when the present came storming into the kitchen.

18 year old Aditi, looked just like her mother in many ways but as soon as she opened her mouth it was clear she was her fathers daughter.

“Mom I’m running late” she said stuffing her newspaper into her bag , she liked to read the business to see what they were saying about her Pa. 

Grabbing a apple she sees her mum Yet again with those silly figures. “Here let me look.” In a few mins she’s able to work out the figures. 

Thanks beta, says Khushi with a smile, I’ve got a big catering order today so I’ll be busy the driver will pick you up. 

Aditi smiled she was all for that but notices one thing “mom have you been crying,?” 

No I’ve got a bit order today that’s all so tired.. 

Aditi raises her eyebrow,  mom why don’t you just give jobs to good people and sack the rest. 

For a moment Khushi can’t believe aditi can be so much like her father. 

Like the window cleaner he’s rubbish and all, she says as she sees him at the kitchen door. 

“He’s a good boy, and needs the money”  Aditi huffs and rushes to leave for his bus. 

Soon as the door shuts Khushi looks sits in quiet, she missed him no matter how much she denied it.

Back in New dehli Raizada offices Arnav Is walking to his cabin when he spots a teenager in Jeans and a T-shirt looks who looks lost.

“Are You alright? He asks to which one of his employees Jumps in.

“This is my daughter sir, she’s on placement for the day” Arnav smiled, great he said putting his hand out for a handshake.

“Come with me I’ll show you around.” The girl was around Aditis age, she was pleased to have met Arnav Singh Raizada. 

They walked around the office and finally Arnav sat at his desk and the girl sat on the other side of the table.

“is something the matter, you’re doing that face” she says. Arnav raises an eyebrow “what face he thought?”

That face I do when Somethings wrong. “Oh” he thought, kids these days were intuitive. 
“There’s always stuff about you and Mrs Raizada in the paper is it true?”

He admired the girls courage, “what do they say in the papers then?”

He looks at her with warm eyes.  

“That you’re really not divorced.”

He smiled he didn’t know why but anyone else and they would have seen his worst.  “It’s a secret, can you keep a secret he says”

She nods her head. 

Arnav thinks back: Just under a year ago 

“I’m sorry Arnavji” she said unable to look him in the eyes, her gullible nature in business had cost them. 

“What’s the figure?” He asked coldly 

“10.2 million” answered Aman. 

“We”ll just sell the property, Shares assets all of it.

Both ASR and Khushi watched Aman do the calculations. 

“That’s only half” Aman says in monotone voice.

Arnav Singh raizada was bankrupt. There was just silence, for some time, Arnav didn’t look at Khushi even the once.

Whilst she kept on looking  at him for madness, for hope, for something he didn’t look at her once. 

“There is one way” said Aman said after some time. 

“Nanis inheritance, in the event that you two may no longer be husband and wife Nanis will states her money would go to Khushi.”

However this would mean you’d have to file a divorce.

“Ham aisa kabhi nahin karenge” - no that’s Impossible. Says Khushi instantly while Arnav stays silent. 

After a moment he speaks. “ That’s what we will do, Aman print the paper work”  He said it the same way he made any other demand like that was his final word. 

Khushis eyes  had instantly  swarm in tears.

“For the future of our children” he says walking past her to leave the room. 

Aman put his hand over Khushis shoulder for consolation. Arnav had made the right choice but he was angry and couldn’t be understanding whilst housing anger. That was the way he was. 

“It’s a matter of a year Khushi, your world doesn’t have to change it just has to look like it has for others.”  Aman was ever the optimist, even though they were discreet the kids had overheard.

”Aman’s right mom, if this is the only way then we’re good with it.”  Both brother sister side by side walk in to hug there mother. 

That very day in that very study room Arnav signed on the dotted line, as did Khushi.

The parents said very little to each other, khushi assumed Arnav was angry at her for the situation and Arnav assumed his decision to go down this route of deceit was disapproved of by Khushi. 

The very last matter now was whom would live with who over this one year. 

”I’ll stay with Mom”,said Aditi 

”I’ll stay with Dad”, said Aarav both walking around to each parent.

Arnav knew this was Khushis doing he thanked her with his eyes for Aarav and his relationship back come a long way and this would have broken it beyond repair. 

When Arnavs thoughts came back into the present moment he realised just how much he’d given away and just how much of this was a weight on his shoulders.

“But its our secret right” he said looking at the girl who reminded him of his daughter.

“Secret” she confirmed.

Back in Mumbai 

Khushi who had let the window cleaner in for a cup of tea looks through her purse for money. 

Are you married mam?, he asks curiously you have that neckless around your neck sometimes that’s all? 

“It’s complicated says Khushi trying to ignore the matter, she didn’t want to talk about it. Once the cleaner at left Khushi got back to work she had a grand order to fulfil even if she was feels a little run down. She needed flour from a shelf high up, she put up a stepladder and climbed high soon as she found the container she felt herself loose balance and slip. 

Back in Delhi Raizada industries
“Dad it’s mom she’s been admitted to hospital.” Says Aarav in a whisper  from beside his fathers chair in the boardroom, Arnavs eyes even today gather in worry at the thought of something happening to Khushi.

Both father and son seem to have the same urgent response and leave the meeting at once. 

“Sorry gentlemen my wife.. I mean there’s something urgent I need to attend to.”

That little trip up in words Aarav is pleased is cleared up.  Once the Raizadas leave the shareholder gossip. “I thought Mr Raizada was divorced.”

Rumour has it he isn’t really says another at which Amans eagle eyes pull a much needed look to keep the room in check. 

After a 1 hour and 30 min flight Arnavs urgency is seen in his eyes but very little per nature comes to surface but can be felt by Aarav who is equally worried but optimistic. 

Whilst Arnav sees no reason to waste time on hospital formalities and is swift through corridors Aarav fulfils the required  paper at the desk. 

Arnav passes very clinical looking rooms and corridors until his eyes land on his daughter Aditi. Sitting alone in the hospital corridor Arnavs heart skins watching her weep on her own. 

“Pa” she says when she hears footsteps and sees it’s her father.

He sighed, for any father a daughters tears we’re the most painful thing. 

She ran into his arms and he wrapped her figure wihin them. Kissing her hair to calm her. 

“I came hope and mom was unconscious  in the kitchen I think she fell from the step ladder” 

“Shush she’ll be alright, she’ll be alright” he whispers soothing her and looking over his side through the hospital room window at Khushi.   

Next chapter: Khushi opens her eyes when they adjust she sees Arnav. 

Note:

Thanks to all that have come back after a few years for this and to everyone who’s commented, like already messaged me about this story. 
grateful, thankful  

Edited out some typos and reformatted

Edited by jagrutid - 4 years ago

Superb!

So this is why they are staying apart.

Originally posted by shils28

Superb!

So this is why they are staying apart.

Thanks ! Glad you like it 

What did Khushi do to cause the huge loss? Is she is so gullible, someone else should also be consulted before she makes any decisions.

I am so happy and excited that you decide to give us sequel to this story. 

Eagerly waiting for more chapters

Beautiful starting 

Thnx for pm

Originally posted by navjot7

I am so happy and excited that you decide to give us sequel to this story. 

Eagerly waiting for more chapters

Beautiful starting 

Thnx for pm

thanks great to be back with a extension of this story but Back here replying to one of your posts again 

Originally posted by pup03

Interesting.. looking forward to read Bitter Sweet 2.. ArShi seems to be living separate.. looking forward to know what all happened in 15 years and to know the kiddos.. loved the teaser.. hope you do continue soon.. 

Thanks for pm 😊

thank you and thank you once again nice to be back talking over bitter sweet again. 

Originally posted by Pdrover

Looking forward to reading this interesting story 

thanks great to see you here 

Originally posted by coderlady

What did Khushi do to cause the huge loss? Is she is so gullible, someone else should also be consulted before she makes any decisions.

Khushi made a mistake In putting a lot of money somewhere, it’s a thing that could happen to anyone which is what you’ll see discussed in later chapters.

Thanks for coming back to read yet another story :) 

Welcome Welcome ji!!! 

It was too good ☺️