Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

First of all everyone may have a different opinion and opinions are subjective 

You ( Zainkidewani) are most likely a Yuvle fan but many including myself preferred Twinj’s pairing better Btw the male positive lead in TEI was Sidhant Gupta . 

Jasmin and Sidhant had a great chemistry offscreen which translated well onscreen They even said they would often communicate silently while filming telling private jokes and this sort of unspoken bond translated well onscreen especially portraying the playfulness and youth of Twinj 

Before the leap the main positive lead characters where sidelined a lot with Yuvi getting most of the screenspace

I did not find Zain as Yuvi bossing around Twinkle constantly losing his temper with her and manhandling her attractive or romantic in anyway though Zain portrayed the angry spoilt entitled young man well However in the initial episodes both Jasmin and Zain portrayed their characters in an over the top manner ( confrontation with the cars throwing money around -though may be due to bad writing ) Definitely did not like Zain’s portrayal of Yuvi after the leap where he was supposed to be positive and sacrificial - found  it extremely unconvincing But have to say loved Zain as a grey negative character of Yuvi He shone in this role as a crazy cool funny obsessed stylish villian 

Even liked him more in this role than as a typical positive male romantic lead as Neil in NK . Zain himself has said many times he would rather play negative and grey characters as there is much more scope for an artiste and he rather do action thrillers drama and biopics than romantic roles and he really shines in those roles or scenes though he improved with romantic scenes after gaining more experience as the male lead in Nk , However mostt likely to get tv roles than movies and most indian tv roles are soap operas and romantic storylines which is the bottom of the barrel in my opinion so all these actors have to make the best of what they can get 

Jasmin has taken on a parallel lead role in DSDT before so that should not be an issue . But the show is struggling with low trps inconsistentcy of characters ever changing storyline interferance by channel and Tanvi leaving because Kavya was sidelined so which  experienced actress in their right mind will want to enter this messy situation She also just quit her previous show which is unlike her never having quit a show before so unlikely she will want to jump into another project so soon and a messy one at that

Would like to Sidhant Jasmin and Zain all together or any two or individually doing substantive projects like dramas mysteries theillers biopics shows dealing with social issues whether on tv the web and esp in the movies and not just Bollywood but internationally and winning significant critic and peer chosen awards like emmys oscars or whatever the equivalent is in India 

rather than being stuck on indian tv in bottom of the barrel soap opra genre with the cliched over the top primarily romantic storyline and getting trivial awards in India or internationally for the most inane things like best beard Like seriously ? Awards also many determined by which fans can vote the most for their favs online irregardless of the storyline character graph and acting of the actor

Jasmin does have a somewhat high pitched and childlike voice which comes out esp when she is emotional excited happy or sad but I have also seen interviews where she is calmly speaking in s normal cadence so she can so this Also the point of being an actor is you are able to modify your voice do different accents etc to suit the character so her voice or that of any actress should be a non issue

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago
sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

You ( Zainkidewani) are most likely a Yuvle fan but many including myself preferred Twinj’s pairing better Btw the male positive lead in TEI was Sidhant Gupta . 

Jasmin and Sidhant had a great chemistry offscreen which translated well onscreen They even said they would often communicate silently while filming telling private jokes and this sort of unspoken bond translated well onscreen especially portraying the playfulness and youth of Twinj 

Before the leap the main positive lead characters where sidelined a lot with Yuvi getting most of the screenspace

I did not find Zain as Yuvi bossing around Twinkle constantly losing his temper with her and manhandling her attractive or romantic in anyway though Zain portrayed the angry spoilt entitled young man well However in the initial episodes both Jasmin and Zain portrayed their characters in an over the top manner ( confrontation with the cars throwing money around -though may be due to bad writing ) Definitely did not like Zain’s portrayal of Yuvi after the leap where he was supposed to be positive and sacrificial - found  it extremely unconvincing But have to say loved Zain as a grey negative character of Yuvi He shone in this role as a crazy cool funny obsessed stylish villian 

Even liked him more in this role than as a typical positive male romantic lead as Neil in NK . Zain himself has said many times he would rather play negative and grey characters as there is much more scope for an artiste and he rather do action thrillers drama and biopics than romantic roles and he really shines in those roles or scenes though he improved with romantic scenes after gaining more experience as the male lead in Nk , However mostt likely to get tv roles than movies and most indian tv roles are soap operas and romantic storylines which is the bottom of the barrel in my opinion so all these actors have to make the best of what they can get 

Jasmin has taken on a parallel lead role in DSDT before so that should not be an issue . But the show is struggling with low trps inconsistentcy of characters ever changing storyline interferance by channel and Tanvi leaving because Kavya was sidelined so which  experienced actress in their right mind will want to enter this messy situation She also just quit her previous show which is unlike her never having quit a show before so unlikely she will want to jump into another project so soon and a messy one at that

Would like to Sidhant Jasmin and Zain all together or any two or individually doing substantive projects like dramas mysteries theillers biopics shows dealing with social issues whether on tv the web and esp in the movies and not just Bollywood but internationally and winning significant critic and peer chosen awards like emmys oscars or whatever the equivalent is in India 

rather than being stuck on indian tv in bottom of the barrel soap opra genre with the cliched over the top primarily romantic storyline and getting trivial awards in India or internationally for the most inane things like best beard Like seriously ? Awards also many determined by which fans can vote the most for their favs online irregardless of the storyline character graph and acting of the actor

Jasmin does have a somewhat high pitched and childlike voice which comes out esp when she is emotional excited happy or sad but I have also seen interviews where she is calmly speaking in s normal cadence so she can so this Also the point of being an actor is you are able to modify your voice do different accents etc to suit the character so her voice or that of any actress should be a non issue

You need to relax dear.

This is EBSS forum not TEI forum.

No need to start this jaap of who was the original lead of the show. TEI is done and dusted. 

So what if Jas was not officially paired with Zain in her previous show? Doesnt mean Jas and Zain cannot be paired in the future shows. We are talking about a new show here. 

Please stop acting all preachy here. You liked Sid we liked Zain. End of story.

No need for you to come here and justify. 

Please keep it to EBSS discussion 

Edited by sumz_d - 4 years ago
sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You need to relax dear.

No need to start this jaap of who was the original lead of the show. TEI is done and dusted. 

So what if Jas was not officially paired with Zain in her previous show? Doesnt mean Jas and Zain cannot be paired in the future shows. We are talking about a new show here. 

No need for you to cone here and justify. 

Please keep it to EBSS discussion.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Okay I mean this was a bit too much considering this is another forum, but I would say Zain was fab in both negative role (agreed about the cheesy overacting in the beginning of TEI for both zain and jas due to writing and direction... it was supposedly meant to be comical in those parts), but he was fab as the smart cop neil. He is great in both positive and negative roles, but the thing is he had more to do in his positive role as neil khanna than in his positive role as kabir mittal. Clearly writers had no idea how to fit kabir into the story to give him enough to do, that too when he is meant to be the male lead. Male lead's nowadays are given much stronger roles and things to do compared to the past where male actors were sidelined to being spectators to all the kitchen politics (sasural simar ka is a prime example of this of how men were treated like furniture in serials.... seen but not heard). For me, jasmin had good chemistry with both zain and sid; just because there were people who preferred twinj doesn't mean that zain and jasmine didn't have chemistry, else why would they have die hard fans too? I was one of the few who was a fan of both couples as like I could see jas had chemistry with both and looked amazing with both.

trinitodebone thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumz_d

You need to relax dear.

No need for you to come here and justify. 

Please keep it to EBSS discussion 

Ok  fair enough . Sorry for my somewhat lengthy single post on TEI on the EBSS forum. However this   thread made reference to TEI in one if the initial posts  so I was simply responding as I will to your comments   also 

Firstly, who is discussing who are the leads of TEI ? The original poster said she did not remember the name  of the other lead so I was simply supplying the answer

Also I am not being “ preachy” or trying to justify anything.  I did make the caveat that I am expressing an opinion and opinions are subjective but alas to no effect ! lol 

I don’t follow actors and don’t have favs . I follow shows and characters if they interest me regardless of the actors  Nowhere did I say I prefer Sidhant with Jasmin as opposed to Zain with Jasmin or I liked Sidhant over Zain  .You are simply making assumptions based on your biases and what you assume are my biases. I am talking about characters not actors.

I said I preferred the love story of Twinkle  and Kunj as portrayed by Jasmin and Sidhant as opposed to the initial love story that was shown between Twinkle and Yuvi as portrayed by Jasmin and Zain and the potential love story of Twinkle and Yuvi that was portrayed briefly after the leap.

I also did not like the love story of Twinkle and Kunj after the leap and it had nothing to do with the new actor portraying Kunj but the illogical writing . 

Also clearly you did  not understand my post I said I would like to see all three actors together again or any two ( that includes Zain and Jasmin) or individually in a good show with a strong storyline and characters

I just don’t think this show especially with all the instability and uncertainty is the best show to see Zain and Jasmin paired together and don’t think Jasmin would want to enter such a messy situation after having just left another show and esp if the character of Kavya is still sidelined which was apparently one of Tanvi’s complaints

Anyway this is all a moot point now as the latest promo indicates a major revamp by the channel with almost all the original characters perhaps including Kavya gone , Janhvi achieving her revenge and now the focus is on Janhvi and Kabir . Who knows if they will bring in a romantic storyline for Kabir with a new Kavya, a new character or even eventually Janhvi and Kabir ( most cringeworthy considering the previous storyline) Anything is possible in itv it seems Will have to wait and see 

I have seen you “ passionately” posting on many threads multiple times in this forum  so maybe you should take your own advice and relax dear . It is only a fictional tv show for entertainment. Nothing to get so worked up about. I will leave this topic here 😀

trinitodebone thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Okay I mean this was a bit too much considering this is another forum, but I would say Zain was fab in both negative role (agreed about the cheesy overacting in the beginning of TEI for both zain and jas due to writing and direction... it was supposedly meant to be comical in those parts), but he was fab as the smart cop neil. He is great in both positive and negative roles, but the thing is he had more to do in his positive role as neil khanna than in his positive role as kabir mittal. Clearly writers had no idea how to fit kabir into the story to give him enough to do, that too when he is meant to be the male lead. Male lead's nowadays are given much stronger roles and things to do compared to the past where male actors were sidelined to being spectators to all the kitchen politics (sasural simar ka is a prime example of this of how men were treated like furniture in serials.... seen but not heard). For me, jasmin had good chemistry with both zain and sid; just because there were people who preferred twinj doesn't mean that zain and jasmine didn't have chemistry, else why would they have die hard fans too? I was one of the few who was a fan of both couples as like I could see jas had chemistry with both and looked amazing with both.

Ok fair enough . Sorry for my somewhat lengthy post on TEI on the EBSS forum. However this thread initially made reference to TEI  so I was simply responding 

I also liked Zain in the positive role of Neil in NK . I am just saying I enjoyed his portrayal in the negative role of Yuvi more . He is good in positive and negative roles . I just don’t find him as convincing and natural in the romantic aspects that a positive  male lead role on itv usually requires as yet and I can’t  blame it all on writing and direction We are all entitled to our opinions which are bound to differ 

I also never said Jasmin and Zain did not have chemistry. By the way chemistry is not just the interaction in a romantic relationship.Jasmin had chemistry with both Zain and Sidhant as you said . However I am talking about the characters not the actors per se . I preferred the love story of Twinj as opposed to the initial love story and potential love story of Yuvle after the leap that is all.

I also said I have no problem seeing Jasmin and Zain together just not in this show considering how messy and uncertain everything is . Also obviously they have fans

It seems every pairing has fans for various reasons They look good together They are my favs and I want to see them together etc I don’t have fav actors or look at a show for actors or pairings but simply for the storyline and characters if it interests me . If I notice I like several shows which happen to have the same actor I may check out his/ her future showsto see if I like the storyline that’s it Anyway will leave this discussion here.

trinitodebone thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

The other guy was sidhant gupta. He hasn't even been seen since he quit TEI for jhalak dikh laja and did that flop movie called bhoomi with sanjay dutta and aditi rao hydari as sid is trying to break into bollywood, whereas zain has continued to get work on ITV and has increased is fan following hugely. I like sid too, but I feel he has sort of screwed up his career, and now all he does is travel (don't get how he has that much money to spend). 

Anyways, although I would love to see zain and jasmin together again opposite each other, I don't feel jasmin would fit into this show well. I'd rather wait in the future for them to be cast together. 

Sorry in advance for the long post and this is solely my opinion so there is no need for anyone to get offended:  

You see the thing is actors in India seem to have very limited options so it can take a while to get something if they are particular. 

I am from the west and there are a variety of shows and movies that actors can be a part of comedies, dramas, mysteries , thrillers, mini series , historical period pieces and biopics for example. 

However I think on indian tv , the majority of the shows seem to be infinite soap operas with a primary romantic storyline between one couple and in my opinion illogical over the top repetitive constant separations , misunderstandings and reunions and angst in the name of drama and idealized soulmate love  triumphing over everything eventually . 

I find this cliched and it deliberately manipulates the audience’s  emotion but audiences seem to lap it up and look at it even if they complain online about wanting realistic content driven shows  dealing with social issues for example . Indeed shows which primarily portray social issues with no romantic plot or a minor romantic subplot don’t fetch ratings like Udaan and NK before the leaps. Only when the young attractive leads are introduced with a romantic storyline do ratings increase with the social issue storyline forgotten or conveniently trotted out just as a backdrop to the relationship between the couple.

It is also apparently difficult to get into Bollywood as an outsider . 

Also acting is inherently an unpredictable profession. The actor never knows when he/she  will bag his/her next project and whether it will be a critical and/ or commercial success. 

Many actors may initially be attracted to the fame money and perceived glamour of the profession but those who love the craft try to obtain roles which challenge them and help them  grow as an artiste . 

Some actors such as Charlize Theron , Keanu Reeves and Nicole Kidman   do a variety of roles including those that may not be commercially popular  and will not get a big mainstream fan following  but are critical successes and memorable roles which win them Oscars and Emmys . So I don’t believe having a big fan following ( when the public’s taste is questionable or the type of work offered is limited and might be mediocre)  is necessarily the sign of a successful career . 

Anyway I respect both Zain and Sidhant’s decisions . Sidhant has a strong desire to do movies . He is talented and hard working ( though with room for improvement ) so I hope he achieves his dreams one day sooner rather than later . He also comes from a well off family and he has a well off connection who is trying to break into producing movies and seems to constantly invite him on work related trips . They also constantly hang out socially all over the world . Perhaps  he is traveling on his own dime.  I have heard actors can earn quite a bit of money from a single soap which lasts for several months to a year and that money can allow them to live comfortably for a few years He was also paid for Jhalak,  Bhoomi and a music video  and maybe has investments or  a trust fund who knows or he is traveling on his family’s dime or under the auspices of this family friend lol . 

Zain comes from a somewhat less privileged  background so he does not have Sidhant’s flexibility perhaps. He has said he wants to do movies or finite series rather than daily soaps and more action thriller drama roles rather than romantic roles like Salman Khan, John Abraham . However he is perhaps more of a pragmatist and tries to look for as much content he can get from what he is offered Perhaps he enjoys some aspects  of what he is doing and not other aspects. He did say when he is in his prime he also believes in earning as much as possible for the future. So it is just a different mindset. Neither is wrong or right. Hope Zain who is also talented and hardworking makes it to Bollywood or gets finite series one day with the type of content driven roles he truly craves.

Sidenote: interesting how many of these indian tv actors admit they don’t even look at their own work or  other soaps . If they do look at tv it might be a western show or an indian reality show sometimes. They personally avoid looking at indian soap operas but the public / their fans lap up these shows

Semeira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I would love to see Zain Imam being alone personally in the show. I would love to see his character against Janhvi as new twist.

Maxine_May thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Who's Jasmin Bhasin?? 

trinitodebone thumbnail

Originally posted by: Semeira

I would love to see Zain Imam being alone personally in the show. I would love to see his character against Janhvi as new twist.

I would actually love to see that too but alas most viewers of indian soap operas seem to want a romantic storyline somewhere. 

Even this show was promoted as a thriller revenge drama rather than a  love story but clearly they could not pull it off properly ( and even then had romantic subplots betwwen Dhruv and Jhanvi and Kabir and Kavya) .Whatever they were doing did not connect viewers hence the low ratings so now the revamp. We have to see where they go from here