Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Careless_Artist

Thanks for pming me. Lovely story, Maan and Geet's character are so adorable. Eagerly waiting for Geet's plan. 

Thank you for reading. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

this was last updated Oct 2018! 

Ya. Dont remind me. Life turned horrible. Still struggling. Will do best to get back to regular writing and updating. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

Kindly post Chapter 26 

Attempting to. Will be updated before tonight. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: taahir004

I'm extremely sorry for this much delay 

will start reading from chapter 21 onwards  later today and will comment too

Take your time. The story will end tonight. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

CHAP 26. FINALLY THEY CONFESS!

Khushi sighed as she folded the clothes. As she folded them, her mind went back to the proposal. Kaash humne tab haan kahaa hota? She looked down sadly. Lekin humein thodi na pata tha ki Arnavji itne alag niklenge aur humein unse pyaar ho jaayega! She smiled as she remembered him teasing his sister while looking like a naughty kid, his laughter at something Geet had said, the sweet expression on his face as he fed Anjali the fruits. She liked him. She liked him when he was sweetest brother, the supportive friend but she liked him the most when he was the rude and arrogant brother to her Jiju. Yes! She liked him when he was horrible to her. Infact, it was the arrogant man that she had fallen in love with. Because it was that man who had confessed his feelings for her in the lift and informed her how much and in what manner she had affected him.

Khushi had always thought that she would have an arrange marriage and she will like her husband and he will like her. Love? That didn't happen to girls like her. She was from a small middle class family and her life was going to be as simple as that. Even when her sister fell in love, she didn't think love was in her future. And this kind of awe inspiring soul consuming passionate love? That was totally not for her type of girl. But when Arnav explained his actions in the lift, something changed. Here was a guy who loved her like that, the way she never even dreamed of. And suddenly she started liking him. She already liked the sweet and gentle side of his personality but when she realised that the rudeness was the culmination of his love and attraction for her, he endeared himself more to her. She had fallen in love with him! And now she had no idea what to do! Hey Devi Maiyya! Hum kaise jaake unhein bataayein ki humein unse pyaar hogaya hai? She hid her face in her hands and sighed miserably.

Just then her door threw open and Geet appeared looking at her worriedly. Behind her was a confused Maan. Before Khushi could ask what was the matter, Geet spoke and what she said, shook Khushi totally.

"AB! AB India chodke humesha humesha ke liye jaa rahe hain!, Geet gasped out and Khushi's world was torn apart.

Half an hour early-

"Stupid tire! Ise bhi abhi hi kharaab hona tha?, Geet growled as she kicked the tire only to wince, "Ouch! That was stupid thing to do, Geet! Lekin ab kya karun? She remembered how she had waited till her AB left the house to send off some of his clients at the airport and ran out of the house and grabbing a car she drove towards the Gupta house. And now, one tire was flat. How do I reach Gupta house now? Geet thought worriedly. She had to make sure Khushi reached the airport before Arnav left it. AB toh ab tak Hotel pahunch bhi gaye honge aur apne clients ke saath breakfast karke unke saath Airport ke liye bhi nikal gaye honge, unhein send off karne! Ab main kya karun? Hey Babaji! Madat karo! Drivers ko bhi nahi bula sakti, sabki chutti hai! Damn! I didn't plan this better! She had thought of calling home and asking someone to bring a car but everyone will ask questions. Ab aisa kaun hai jo meri madat bhi karega aur sawaal bhi nahi poochega! Then her eyes widened and a smirk came on her lips. She dialled a number, "Hello Maan!

"Geet! Hi! Main abhi tumhein call karne waala tha! Mujhe tumse ek jaroori baat karni hai!, Maan spoke up right away.

"Mujhe bhi!, Geet chirped as she looked at her watch and noted the time.

"Pehle mujhe kehno do Geet!, Maan spoke agitatedly.

"Nahi Maan! Its urgent..., Geet was cut off.

"No! I am sorry Geet! I shouldn't have behaved like that yesterday!, Maan started to apologise just as Geet butted in.

"Arre! Yesterday? Main toh use bhool bhi gayi! Aap bhi bhool jaayiye aur meri baat gaur se suniye!, Geet was again cut off.  

"Nahi Geet! Main nahi bhool sakta! I was stupid!, Maan spoke and Geet interrupted him.

"Can we discuss this later? I have got something else to talk about!, Geet spoke sounding irritated.

"Something else? Geet! I ruined one of the most important relationships of my life thanks to my stupidity and you are telling me its not important?!, Maan sounded panicked.

Geet reached the end of her patience, "Fine! You are stupid! You are idiot and I will never forgive you! Happy? Ab meri baat suniye! Main yahaan ek sunsaan raaste mein phas chuki hun kyunki ek tire flat ho chukka hai! Ab aap madat karne aa rahe hain ya apne pity party mein doobe rehne ka plan hai?

For a second there was silence and then Maan replied, "Main abhi aa raha hun! She told him the address and he noted it down Then the line died and Geet heaved a sigh of relief. Phew! I think I can still save my AB's love life! Then she remembered the way she growled at Maan in the end and she winced. Lekin meri love life ko kaun bachaaye?

10 Minutes later Maan arrived. Geet climbed in his jeep. She told him she wanted to reach Gupta house. Both remained silent for few minutes and did not look at each other either. And then Maan could not resist, "Kya tum sach mein mujhe maaf nahi karogi?

Geet looked at him only to see an anxious look on his face, "Maine ghusse mein woh sab kahaa! Maine toh aapko kal hi maaf kar diya tha!

"Kya?, Maan growled, "Aur  tumne mujhe itne der ke liye tension de diya?

Geet huffed, "Itni der kahaan? 10 minute hi toh hua! Aur maine maaf kar diya yeh toh maine phone pe hi keh diya tha! Aap hi the jo apne pity party mein ghuse pade the!

"Pity party?, Maan growled as he glared at her, "Main Maan Singh Khurana hun! Main Pity Party nahi karta!

Geet looked at him balefully, "Abhi maine aapko maaf kiya! Yun ghussa dikhaake mujhe phirse naaraaz mat keejiye!

Maan rolled his eyes, "Yeh sab chodo! Hum meri Secretary ke ghar kyun jaa rahe hain?

"Mujhe kaam hai!, Geet shrugged.

Maan huffed, "Geet! Tum chaahti toh apne Veere ya AB ko lift ke liye bulaa sakti thi! You called me for a reason. So don't bluff! What is the story? Kya nayi khichdi pakaa rahi ho?

Geet sighed, "Koi nayi Khichdi nahi pak raha hai! Puraane khichdi ko gas pe Chadha rahi hun, taaki woh jaldi cook ho!, Geet grinned mischievously.

Maan looked at her like she had gone mad, "Ok! Bahut hogaya Metaphors! What is going on?

Geet blew a piece of hair away from her face, "Maine aapko bulaaya kyunki mujhe pata hai ki aap mujhse jyaada sawaal nahi karenge aur main jo bhi karungi, you will play along!

Maan frowned, "Aur tumhein aisa kyun lagta hai ki main yeh sab karunga?

Geet looked out of the window and didn't let Maan see the shy smile on her lips, "Kyunki aap mujhse pyaar karte hain!

Suddenly the car jerked to stop and Geet turned to look at Maan in shock, "Maan! Kya hua? Gaadi kyun rokdi?

Maan closed his eyes, took a deep breath and looked at her with steadfast determination, "Tum jo chaaho main woh karunga! Lekin meri ek shart hai!

Geet frowned, "Kya? Maan, time ho raha hai! Mujhe jaldi Khushi ke paas pahunchna hai aur aap...

"Geet!, Maan interrupted her and Geet was shocked to see how serious Maan was. She swallowed and then asked, "Shart kya hai?

Maan looked away for few seconds and Geet looked at him apprehensively.

He turned back and Geet was taken aback by how watery his eyes looked, as if whatever her answer was, it had the strength to break him. She tried to convey her confidence in him by staring at him without a single blink of her eyes.

"Tumhaara jo bhi yeh plan hai Geet, jo bhi tum yahaan kar rahi ho, yeh sab khatam hone ke baad tumhein bataana padega!, Maan said and Geet blinked, "Kya? Kya bataana padega?

"Kya Maan aur Geet ka koi future hai?, Maan whispered and Geet took in a sharp breath.

"Maan..., she whispered.

"Yeh koi ultimatum nahi hai Geet! I can wait! Jab tak tum chaaho! Lekin mujhe jaanna hai ki pichle kuch hafton se humaare beech jo kuch chal raha hai, uska asar tumpe ho raha hai, ya nahi! I have to know, Geet! Meri ummeed ko tumhaare jawaab ka sahaara chaahiye! I want to know kya mera tumhaare liye wait karna sahi hai! Kya aage possibility hai ki tum meri bano? My hopes are ready to break down and your answer will decide its fate!, Maan spoke his heart out and looked at her in silence.

He was shocked when Geet gave him a bright smile, "Aapka shart sar aankhon par Maan! Aapko aapka jawaab milega! Aaj hi milega!

Maan took a deep breath and nodded. Geet could still see the tension in his body and she realised that he was genuinely unsure of their future. I will fix this today! But before that, I have to fix my brother's love story! The car started and off they went to the Gupta house.

Present...

"AB! AB India chodke humesha humesha ke liye jaa rahe hain!, Geet gasped out and Khushi's world was torn apart. Khushi didn't notice Maan look at Geet in confusion.

Khushi stumbled back in shock and Geet stepped into the room, "Unka dil bahut toot gaya hai Khushi! Tumhaare rejection ne unhein tod diya! Woh tumhein aur nahin face kar sakte isliye woh yeh desh hi chod ke jaa rahe hain!

Maan followed her, looking alarmed. What? And why was he getting this news now? And why was Geet here? Shouldn't she be at home, stopping Arnav from going? Suddenly, he remembered the khichdi comment that Geet had made and he relaxed. He shook his head. Obviously there was something going on here which he was oblivious to. Might as well keep quiet, Maan! Ruining her plan won't endear you to her!

Khushi sat down on the bed as Geet started sobbing into her hand. Tears welled up in Khushi's eyes. How can he go? Just like that? Khushi was unable to keep her questions in.

"Aise kaise jaa sakte hain woh? Unke gharwaalon ka kya? Anjaliji ka kya?, Khushi questioned as she looked worriedly at Maan. Maan changed his expression from relaxed to worried. Maan bete! Pyaar ke liye kya kya karna pad raha hai! Pehle majnu bane the ab jhoote bhi bano!

"Di ko kuch nahi pata!, Geet whispered as tears streaked her cheeks.

Waah! Kya acting hai! Maan thought absentmindedly as he got a front seat for the nautanki called Geet.

Geet continued to sob, "Mujhe bhi isliye pata chala kyunki maine unki baatein chup-chupke sun li thi! Maine unse jaake poocha toh unhonein bataaya ki unka dil toot chukka hai aur isliye woh jaa rahe hain! Kal ki family get together bhi unhonein organise kiya tha taaki sab ko unofficially bye bol sakein!

Maan raised his eyebrows. Oh! Toh isliye yeh plan aaj execute kiya hai! Kal ki family meet iske story ko support kar raha hai! Smart, Geet! Very smart! Why Arnav is even running that business? Tumhaare haathon mein de dena chaahiye! Tumhaari strategy planning toh humse bhi khatarnaak hai!

Geet suddenly grabbed Khushi's hand and started pleading, "Please Khushi! Please! Ek tum hi ho jo mere Bhai ko rok sakti ho! Please roko unhein!

Khushi pulled her hands away from Geet and stood up, "Hum? Hum kyun?

"Kyunki AB tumse pyaar karte hain!, Geet let out as she stood up.

Maan looked behind hoping that the Geet and Khushi kept their voice down. Paayal and Lavanya may have gone out to shop but the elders of the house were still in the living room.

Khushi shook her head, "Aap Anjaliji se kyun nahi baat karti? Arnavji unki baat kabhi nahi taalenge!

Maan looked at Geet curiously. What will you do now, Geet? Khushi ne baat toh sahi kahi hai!

But Geet had come fully prepared, "AD pregnant hai, Khushi! Yeh news ab unhein mili toh pata nahi kya hoga! Isliye AB ne kisiko bataaya nahi, taaki AD tak yeh baat na pahunche! Lekin mujhe iss baat ka darr hai ki jab AB chale jaayenge, uska baad toh AD ko pata hi chalega na? Phir kya hoga? Please Khushi! AB aur unke pyaar ke khaatir na sahi, Anjali Di aur uske hone waale bachche ke khaatir toh chalo!, Geet pleaded.

Maan resisted the urge to clap. Not only you handed the question well, you even managed to use the answer as emotional blackmail tool! Amazing! Angel Dear must have trained you well in this art!

Khushi was still hesitant and Geet had enough of this drama. I have to shock her!

"Theek hai!, she snarled, "Nahi aana hai toh mat aao! Lekin jab mere AB tumse meelon door ho jaayenge, tab mere paas rote hue mat aana!

Her words had the desired effect as the thought of Arnav being continents away from her, spurred her into action.

Next thing they knew, Khushi was telling her family that she was off to visit some temple and they were off in Maan's car to the airport.

"Impressive!, Maan commented in a whisper as he looked at Geet sitting beside him admiringly.

Geet looked behind to see a lost Khushi looking outside and smirked at Maan, "I know, right?

They reached the airport and Khushi was the first one to jump out. She went running like some heroine of some movie ready to stop the hero from leaving her only to stop in shock. She blinked few times. How to get inside the airport? Hey Devi Maiyya! There were so many doors around here! From which one was Arnav leaving? She looked behind her at Maan and Geet who had just gotten out of the jeep with worry. She ran to them and asked them, "Kaunse gate? Arnavji kaunse gate se ja rahe hain? Kaunsi flight? Time kya hai? When Geet and Maan did nothing but look at her with blank eyes, she ran off to the first door she saw while shouting at them, "Doosre darwaaze mein jaake poochiye! Hum bhi poochte hain! Khushi got swallowed by the crowd while Maan and Geet stood there stupefied.

Geet's jaw dropped open as she tried to say something but she was unable to formulate the words. Maan leaned towards her, looking a little amused, "You didn't plan this long, right? Geet smiled at him uneasily, "Main toh bas itna socha ki hum wahaan pahunchenge, AB baahar aayenge, KB ... I mean Khushi unhein dekhengi aur daudke jaake unhein gale lagengi aur apne pyaar ka izhaar karenge! Geet sighed as she imagined all this happening.

Maan looked at her amused, "Thoda filmy nahi hogaya?

Geet once again gave him an uneasy grin, "Haan! Thoda!

Geet winced as she wondered what to do.

Maan huffed, "You do realise that Khushi ek gate ke andar ghusi aur Arnav doosre se baahar aaya toh tumhaara jo bhi plan hai, woh poora ka poora flop hoga!

Geet glared at him and swatted his arm, "Maan! Shubh shubh boliye!

Maan rolled his eyes.

Just then Geet saw something and she got excited. She grabbed Maan's arm and pointed her finger towards something. Maan looked in the direction she pointed and straightened. Arnav and Khushi had come face to face!

"Hey Babaji! Khushi ko meri KB as in meri Khushi Bhabhi banaa do! Please!, Geet prayed. Maan looked at her with a pleasant expression on his face, "Don't worry! Itni mehnat ki hai, toh uska result toh jaroor positive milega! Geet smiled at him nervously and both turned to look at the couple few feet away from them.

Khushi looked around worriedly. Nahi! Arnavji humein chodke nahi ja sakte! She shook her head mentally. Humaara matlab hai Arnavji apne parivaar ko, apni Di ko chodke nahi ja sakte! As she wondered about which gate to enter, she scolded herself mentally. Hey Devi Maiyya! Hum kise ullu bana rahe hain! Hum nahi chaahte Arnavji jaayein kyunki hum unse pyaar karte hain aur unke baghair nahi reh sakte!

Just then Khushi turned around and froze as Arnav came out of the gate she was about to enter. Arnav was talking in his phone and had yet to notice her. He had just cut his phone, when he looked up and noticed her standing there. He froze too and for few seconds both stood there as people passed by them,

Then as if tugged by some ropes, Khushi ran through the crowd and reached Arnav and without thinking slammed right into him. Arnav stumbled back in shock and took few seconds to find his balance. Then he looked down where Khushi stood hugging him, her head on his chest, eyes closed and hands tightly holding him around his waist.

"What the!, he mumbled in shock. He looked around in confusion as he tried to understand what was happening. Bewildered he looked around and that's when he noticed Geet and Maan standing few feet away, Geet grinning at him while Maan looked amused.

Arnav gave them the universal sign of confusion. He raised his hands in questioning form and let his bewilderment show on his face. His face must have looked comic because both Geet and Maan started to chuckle. Arnav shook his head and chose to ignore the chuckling duo. He turned his attention to the girl wrapped around him like some creeper plant. The said girl still had her eyes closed but Arnav noticed a soft smile on her face. What is exactly happening here? Arnav wondered.

Finally having enough, Arnav grabbed Khushi by her shoulders and peeled her off his body. Looking into her nervous eyes, he uttered his question, "What is happening here, Khushi?

As if his question broke open some kind of dam in Khushi, she started to speak non stop and rapidly, "Aap humein chod ke nahi jaa sakte! Samjhe, Arnavji! Aap humein chodke nahi ja sakte!

Khushi slammed into him once again and once again Arnav stumbled back. What the!

Now he was getting annoyed. He once again grabbed Khushi's arms and once again pulled her away.

Grabbing her shoulders, he asked her keenly, "Now you are scaring me, Khushi! What happened? Aur kaun kise chodke jaa raha hai?

"Aap? Aap jaa rahe hain na, aaj videsh!, Khushi spoke with panic, "Mat jaayiye! Mat jaayiye, please! She once again hugged him and Arnav looked at her incredulously. She was still mumbling about him leaving. Who said he was leaving? What was she trying to do here? Here I am, trying to forget her rejection and her horrible words. And she comes and hugs me! What the! He felt anger build up in him and he clenched his hands tightly.

"Lagta hai plan ulta padega!, Maan commented.

Geet frowned as she looked at him worriedly, "Kyun?

"Arnav ko ghussa aa raha hai! Check his hands!, Maan mentioned casually.

Geet looked at Arnav's hands and noticed how tightly they were clenched.

"Uh oh! Mar gaye!, Geet winced and wondered what to do. It seemed Khushi was doing nothing but hugging Arnav and all Arnav could do was get angry. Lagta hai they need a push! She narrowed her eyes as an idea struck her. She grabbed her mobile and sent a message to her brother.

"Ab dekho! Confession nahi, hui toh mera naam Geet nahi!, Geet smirked triumphantly.

"Toh doosra naam kya socha hai?, Maan asked her and she sent him a glare.

Arnav's phone pinged and he thanked whoever sent the message because right now the situation was way too awkward; what with Khushi hugging him like some parasite and his anger mounting. He removed his phone and checked the message. It was from Geet. "Anger chodo. Ask her. Why worried? Arnav frowned. What? He looked up at Geet and she showed him thumbs up and mouthed trust me' to him. He rolled his eyes and pushed Khushi away again.

"Kyun?, Arnav asked.

"Kyun? Matlab?, Khushi looked confused.

"Kyun? Why do you care?, Arnav started to advance towards her making her stumble back. She looked at him with wide eyes. She continued to walk backwards.

"Bolo! Why do you care?, anger bloomed inside him as he glared at her. He couldn't stop it from coming out. Till now she hated him. And now suddenly she was worried about him leaving the country. Why? Why did she care?

"Tumhein kya farak padta hai main yahaan rahoon ya nahi! What do you care? Main jiyun ya marun?, Arnav snarled.

"Arnavji!, Khushi shouted worriedly as she placed a hand on his mouth, "Maut ki baat mat keejiye!

He wrenched her hand away and grabbed her by her arms. He pulled her close, "Bolo! Bolo Khushi! Why do you care? Tumhein kyun farak padta hai main yahaan rahoon ya aur kahin? BOLO!

"Kyunki hum aapse pyaar karte hain!, she shouted.   

Arnav's eyes widened. His grip on her turned slack and he stumbled back. Khushi felt relieved that the words were out. She had kept them hidden inside her for a while and now letting out felt like loosing the weight on her shoulders.

"Yes!, Geet squealed. She looked at Maan triumphantly.

"Dekha!, Geet crowed, "Dekha! Mera plan work kiya na! Dekha!

Maan chuckled at her excitement and both turned back to the scene in front of them. They weren't able to hear much but they did hear a little of what Khushi shouted. And then Arnav's shocked expression confirmed the story.  

As they watched, Maan took a step beside her, "I am impressed!

She turned to look at him and was a little flustered once she realised how close he was standing.

"Thank you!, she whispered softly and for a second she couldn't look away from him and neither could he look away from her. Suddenly someone honked and that broke the moment. Both looked away, a secret smile on their faces and heartbeat a little faster.

"Haan! Hum aapse pyaar karte hain! Bahut pyaar karte hain!, Khushi confessed, "Please! Mat jaayiye, Arnavji! Humein chodke mat jaayiye!

Arnav looked at her stupefied. He couldn't believe it. She loved him? She? Loved him back? For days, he lied in his bed feeling the pain of the unrequited love. Some days even breathing was a hard task. And now, he came to know that his love was not unrequited. When did he get so lucky?

"Mat jaayiye, Arnavji! Humaare baare mein na sahi toh apne parivar ke baare mein soch leejiye! Mat jaayiye!, Khushi pleaded and when Arnav still stood there looking stupefied, she hugged him again, this time determined to not let him go.

Once again he was hugged by her, but for once he was not confused. Nor was he angry. The surprise changed into happiness and he grinned. Before he realised, his arms were around her and he was hugging her back tightly. He slowly bent his head down and whispered, "I love you, Khushi!

"Hum bhi, bahut pyaar karte hain aapse!, Khushi mumbled as she hugged him tightly.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!, Geet shouted, turned to Maan and hugged him tightly.

Maan stumbled back for a second and raised his arms to hug her.

But suddenly she pulled away and looked away a little embarrassed.

Maan was amused. But he controlled his amusement and resisted the urge to chuckle.

Geet rolled her eyes at herself. Could she be anymore obvious? Silly girl!

"Chalein?, Maan asked, "Lucky couple ko wish karne?

Geet nodded and both headed towards Arnav and Khushi.

After few minutes, Khushi pulled away. She looked at Arnav worriedly, "Ab toh aap humein chodke nahi jaayenge, na?

Arnav shook his head, "Nahi! Kabhi nahi!

Khushi smiled at him happily and then she remembered how she had confessed boldly. She blushed as Arnav took a step towards her. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. She bashfully looked down and resisted the urge to hide her face in her hands.

Just then the moment was broken.

"Saab?, it was his driver, "Aakash Sir ka phone aaya tha! Aapka phone nahi laga toh mujhe phone kiya! Pooch rahe the aap ghar tak kab aayenge?

Arnav dropped Khushi's hand feeling a little embarrassed. Khushi also looked away shyly.

"Haan! Use call karo aur bolo! Ek ghante mein pahunch jaaunga!, Arnav announced, "Ek minute! Chodo! Main hi use call kar dunga!

Khushi frowned. Ek minute! Ghar jaana? Matlab Arnavji amreeka nahi jaa rahe the? She felt her anger surge as she realised she had been played. She turned to Arnav and glared at him.

The driver left and Arnav turned to look at Khushi. He was taken aback by the anger on his face. Ab ise kya hua?
"Aapne humein ullu banaaya! Aap amreeka nahi jaa rahe hain! Hain na?, she stepped towards him, "Toh phir aapne yeh jhoot kyun bola? Kyun? She was about to grab a bewildered Arnav's collar when Geet and Maan arrived there.

"Jhoot AB ne nahi! Maine bola!, Geet announced.

Khushi looked at her in confusion, "Kyun? Even Arnav was confused.

Geet smiled at them sweetly, "Kyunki agar main jhoot nahi bolti toh Khushi, tumhaari shaadi kisi aur se ho jaati ek din aur mera yeh stupid AB devdas bana phirta! Isliye! She glared at her brother.

Arnav looked taken back, "Meri kya galti hai?, he mumbled.

Geet rolled her eyes, "Pehli baar dhang de propose kiya hota na, toh mujhe itne papad belne nahi padte!

"Maine kahaa tha kya tumhein yeh sab karne ke liye, Motormouth? You should have stayed out of my business!, Arnav growled.

"Uff AB! You are too much! Maine aapki madat ki aur aap mujhi pe chilla rahe hain? How could you!, Geet had her hands on her hips.

"You had no need to interfere in my business! So yes, I will scold you!, Arnav glared at her.

Geet narrowed her eyes, "You are too much, AB!

"You are way too nosey, Motormouth!, Arnav retorted.

Just then Maan spoke up, "Are you two done?

The Raizada siblings looked at him and he looked amused.

"What done is done. Can we focus on now?, he asked them and the siblings huffed but nodded.

Maan rolled his eyes. Where am I stuck?

"Now that all the drama is finished, ghar chalein?, Maan asked. He turned to Geet, "Ya aur koi drama bach gaya hai?

Geet shook her head and Maan turned to walk away. But suddenly he turned back, "Oh! And congratulations! He looked at Arnav and Khushi with a smile. He turned back and walked off. Khushi, feeling a little self conscious, started to walk ahead. Geet grabbed her hand, stopping her and grabbed her brother's hand. She placed her hand into his, "Haaye! Aap dono ke pyaar ko kisi ki nazar na lage! Saying this, she walked off. Khushi started to walk only to be pulled towards Arnav. Arnav intertwined his hands with hers and gave her a soft smile when she looked at him. They slowly walked towards his car.

When they reached the car, Arnav was confused to see Geet walk ahead.

"Motormouth! Where are you going? Car idhar hai!, Arnav called out to her.

Geet turned around and grinned, "Nope! I am not coming with you! Abhi abhi pyaar ka izhaar kiya hai, thoda akele time bitaana banta hai! She giggled when Khushi shyly looked down. Arnav noticed her reaction and nodded to Geet. He mouthed thanks to her and she grinned. Then she turned to Maan and commented, "Waise bhi, AD ko pata chalega toh waise bhi dono ko shaadi tak koi akela chodne waala nahi hai! Maan chuckled and both headed to Maan's jeep.

As Arnav and Khushi settled in the backseat of Arnav's car and Arnav kissed Khushi's hand making her blush, Maan and Geet settled into his jeep. He started to drive and for a while there was silence. Then Geet spoke up, "Waise leaving them alone was not my only reason to come with you!

"Hmmm...?, Maan looked at her curiously.

Geet gave him a smile, "Mujhe aapse baat karni thi!

Maan nodded as he focused back on his driving, "Kya?

"Aapke sawaal ka jawaab dena tha!, Geet replied and Maan took in a sharp breath. He couldn't stop his heart from beating fast. His grip on the wheel tightened as the anticipation built up. With bated breath he waited for Geet's answer. But when for a while, Geet didn't speak at all, he was unable to resist from prodding her, "Geet! Kya socha hai tumne?, he blurted out nervously, "Do we have a future? Kya mujhe..., he was unable to say it but he took a deep breath and plodded on, "Kya mujhe tumhaare liye rukna chaahiye?

Geet knew she was being cruel. She should have just said her piece when she opened the topic. But the mischievous part in her wanted to make Maan sweat. So she waited till he desperately asked her whether he should wait. And then she gave the answer.

"No!, Geet said, "Aapko rukna nahi chaahiye!

Maan let out a whoosh of breath in shock. He didn't expect this. He so didn't expect this! He had thought that she was starting to like him. He thought he had hope! It seems he was wrong. He desperately tried to not show his disappointment on his face. It is not her fault that she couldn't fall for him. He tried to plaster a smile on his face but was unable to. He decided to not to look at her and focused on the road.

Just then Maan felt a kiss on his cheek and his eyes widened. He turned to look at Geet and she smiled at him, a little shyly, "No! You don't need to wait! Because I have already fallen in love with you!

Maan felt a smile come on his lips as he processed her words. She loved him! She was in love with HIM! He grinned at her and she grinned back. Then she pushed his face away towards the road, "Focus on the road, Mr. Khurana! Mujhe phir kabhi dekh sakte hain! Dekhne ke liye poori zindagi padi hai!

Maan felt himself cursing in his head for not taking a car and a driver. I could have had the chance to flirt with her. He snuck a look at her and was pushed once more to look straight.

"Saamne dekhiye! Mujhe marna nahi hai! Mujhe aapke saath poori zindagi bitaani hai!, Geet mumbled. Maan smiled at her comment and was even more delighted when Geet grabbed his arm with both her hands and snuggled into it. He placed a kiss on her head and focused on the drive.

And both the couples drove off towards their happy ending!

And that was the THE END! I thank all you lovely people for sticking around so long, having fun reading this story, writing amazing reviews and supporting me all the time. This story has been in my head since 2012 when I first started the original DFL and it feels amazing to finally finish it. I hope that you will continue to support me in my future endeavours and check out my other fics too.

Thank you, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved the chapter and the ending👏
love2_soma thumbnail
lovely ending...
loved it...
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks for updating! 

Chapter 26

tremendous update! well written! 

great that Geet decided to help Khushi! Geet was a bit rude to Maan and realised! at least she tells Maan he will get his answer soon!

finally Arnav and Khushi are together! 

glad that Maan got his answer! awesome Maaneet moments!

perfect end! 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
kindly post epilogue 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lily30

Loved the chapter and the ending👏

Thank you. And thanks for sticking around till the end.