Favourite literary characters - Female

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
So you love reading novels?
Which is your fave character ?

For me it's a tie between Scarlett O hara and Jane Eyre. 
I also love Melanie wilkes, Emma Woodhouse , Bella Swan and Hermione Granger. 

Whose your favourite?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peaceful_Haven thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I truly like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series. She's tough, resilient, smart and a survivor. I loved how strongly her character was portrayed. 
Peaceful_Haven thumbnail
And of course Hermione Jean Granger from the Harry Potter series. She's intelligent, elegant, confident and loyal.

Originally posted by: Peaceful_Haven

I truly like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series. She's tough, resilient, smart and a survivor. I loved how strongly her character was portrayed. 

Aahhh... How could I forget her
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I'd like to mention Bathsheba Everdene, the headstrong heroine of Thomas Hardy's pastoral classic, Far from the Madding Crowd.

She rides the horse in a 'traditional masculine fashion' in 19th century England, notwithstanding the fact that such an act was deemed a sexually scandalous thing then. In her very first scene, her independence outshines her vanity and she refuses to be a man's property. Throughout the novel, Bathsheba repeatedly breaks the narrow restrictions forced by the fixed gender roles. Another thing that makes her unconventional is that she's not a saint. Her narcissism and insensitivity yield several unpleasant outcomes. 

Moreover, Bathsheba Everdene is the inspiration behind Katniss Everdeen. The latter's surname is a homage to Hardy's iconic heroine.
Peaceful_Haven thumbnail
Also I love Rosemarie "Rose" Hathaway from The Vampire Academy series. She's bold, independent, loyal and brave. 
Peaceful_Haven thumbnail
Also Tris from Divergent series. She's strong, independent, devoted and brave. 
magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: SnehaDoll

So you love reading novels?Which is your fave character ?

For me it's a tie between Scarlett O hara and Jane Eyre. 

I also love Melanie wilkes, Emma Woodhouse , Bella Swan and Hermione Granger. 

Whose your favourite?

Five Favourite Literary Characters

Hermione Granger, Jane Eyer

Originally posted by: Peaceful_Haven

Also Tris from Divergent series. She's strong, independent, devoted and brave. 

Ahh, yes. How did I forget Tris

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

I'd like to mention Bathsheba Everdene, the headstrong heroine of Thomas Hardy's pastoral classic, Far from the Madding Crowd.

She rides the horse in a 'traditional masculine fashion' in 19th century England, notwithstanding the fact that such an act was deemed a sexually scandalous thing then. In her very first scene, her independence outshines her vanity and she refuses to be a man's property. Throughout the novel, Bathsheba repeatedly breaks the narrow restrictions forced by the fixed gender roles. Another thing that makes her unconventional is that she's not a saint. Her narcissism and insensitivity yield several unpleasant outcomes. 

Moreover, Bathsheba Everdene is the inspiration behind Katniss Everdeen. The latter's surname is a homage to Hardy's iconic heroine.

Shruti🤗 

Unfortunately , I haven't read it. I don't read classics. But from your description Bathsheba sounds a lot like Scarlett O hara?