coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago

Namaste. Read. Enjoy. Leave your thoughts!

I wrote this story for Airlines, but I felt I can brew some Romance with Arshi in the story too.

This is a part of LOVE series: Check out my signature for other stories.

Love -On Board 

04:30 AM, Khushi's Room

Oh! Not again. What the hell? I stopped it just a second ago, didn't I? She opened one eye reluctantly and gazed on her phone. It wasn't the alarm. The phone was buzzing with a name "Captain Rathore" on it. Startled was a small word. She picked the phone nervously thinking of all the possibilities that may have been a reason for the call.

"First Officer Khushi Gupta, is it you?" the person spoke.

"Yes, Captain. It is me. Anything serious?" her brain started wondering what might have gone wrong.

"Officer, there is a small problem. First officer Mayank is unwell, and no one is available to join the Airbus 978. Since your schedule is free, I thought you will assist" Rathore spoke with all the authority but a hint of request evident in the voice.

Khushi smiled. Alright. "No problem, sir. I will. I will be there by 06:00"

"Yes, officer. You better be" Rathore spoke happily.

With that, the line got disconnected. Another long journey. She stood sighing. She had to get ready and that too about an hour. She picked up her stuff from her wardrobe and picked the full trolley that was not yet unpacked from the previous journey. Cross-checking that everything was in place she went to take a bath. Getting ready, she walked down the stairs, leaving a message on the door as she left. Jumping into the cab, she zoomed into the streets of Bangalore. Kempegowda Airport was not very far from her cousin's home. She didn't stay in a hotel, whenever she has a flight from/to Bangalore. She rested happily in her cousin's abode.

As soon as she arrived at the airport, she went to the locker.

"You are on the flight 978 Khushi?" Lavanya asked her, as she walked out of the room. Surprised by the sudden question Khushi turned and looked at Lavanya with a confused look surfacing.

"It is just that I am surprised, Khushi. You were on a holiday, I assume?" Lavanya smiled at her.

Khushi smiled in return. "First Officer Mayank isn't well, so, I am assisting Captain Rathore" Khushi completed.

Lavanya looked at her puzzled and Khushi rose her brows in question.

"But, Khushi, Captain Rathore isn't on 978. Arnav is on board" Lavanya told her as she picked her coffee.

"What?" Khushi was confused as well. She didn't ask Captain Rathore who was she assisting. Sighing in displeasure, mentally, she didn't let that surface.

"Alright then. Gotta go now. Bye" Khushi smiled at Lavanya and started walking.

Last three days were too dramatic. Like filmy dramatic. Acting all ignorant with Arnav. Oops Captain Arnav Raizada, was indeed a tough task. After that day when she, all enthusiastically went to talk to Arnav, he shunned her with one of his angry splits and walked away and ignoring her for the rest of two days. However hurtful that felt, she decided not to interfere with him in any sense. Only when he flirted with her, did she act along. She never flirted or let anyone flirt with her ever. But with him, she always has that super crush that she couldn't deny.

Now that things are clear in the top seat of her head, she decided to be professional. That is the safest thing to do for her racing heart and the leftover sanity. She went a little overboard this time and she had to stop. Pulling those reins of confidence, she walked to the flight. There he was. Standing in front of the terminal looking all ruggedly handsome. No doubt he attracted all the female employees but she, for once, needed to maintain the facade. She chided herself. She was walking a step in step, giving herself the most needed emotional boost and inspirational thoughts until she heard him.

"Ms. Gupta" he called her in that husky tone, his hands casually slipped in his pockets.

"Good morning, Captain" she nodded curtly and gave the most professional smile that she could find in the library. Just a twitch of the lip!

Shocked initially but then irritated with her response, he repeated: "Good Morning, First Officer Khushi Gupta" with all the sarcasm dripping.

A little taken back but composed she nodded one last time before she walked past him.

Arnav checked her out from behind and couldn't help but smirk. He knew that he was wrong by ignoring her or shouting at her. He did purposely to irk her and she looked super sexy in that avatar when her porcelain skin goes all pink and that little nose heated up, he was sure that nose radiated some heat. He couldn't help but chuckle. But he didn't expect this come back. Of course, it was Khushi. He shook his head, before he walked into the cockpit, confidently.

She was already on her seat. He tried to make conversation with her but all was in vain.

"Ms. Gupta can you just check the reports, again," he said looking at her straightly. She just nodded and turned over the reports. "Yes, Captain. Checked," she said adjusting all the switches.

He was angry. Very. He looked at Khushi about to lash but the door to the cockpit opened and there stood Sheetal.

"Good morning Arnav. Want some coffee?" she asked him ever so sweetly.

"No, thanks Sheetal, and yeah, It's Captain Arnav," he said and Khushi suddenly turned towards him. Sheetal was startled too and Arnav was fuming. This Sheetal is being way too friendly and that is not good, at all.

Taking the lead, he spoke into the microphone.

The journey was smooth but the atmosphere inside was nothing less than a hot summer day. Khushi saw him enraged but this was the limit. When the flight was about to land, he looked at her sharply.

"What is your problem Gupta?" his face red with anger. She bit her inner cheek and controlled her laughter.

"What, captain?" she asked with that innocent face.

"Prepare for the landing," he told her menacingly. She nodded. After the landing, she got up waiting to escape but found herself captured in his hands. He caught her wrist.

She nudged, trying to free herself but no use. He was stronger. He looked into her eyes.

"Why are you ignoring me?" was his first question. She was surprised. She didn't expect this coming.

"Captain? What?" she asked acting all innocent. How dare he, to question her.

"Don't captain me. You very well know what I am talking about. You are avoiding me, and that is clear" he said taking a step forward.

"Captain... I guess you are not in your right senses. Why will I avoid you? I mean we are in a professional front and ... "

"Shut up Khushi. Don't teach me stuff like that. I know better". He was angry, and he was talking all that he didn't want to. But the destruction was done. Khushi pulled her hand from his. "Yes, captain you know better. That is why I'm asking you. What have I done?" she almost yelled.

He stared back. He didn't understand what proper explanation he is supposed to put forth. She looked at him hurt evident in her eyes. "Bye captain," she said walking away faster. She needed air.

What the hell is wrong with me? Arnav was pissed with himself. He groaned. He had to catch her up and tell her that his behavior was out of anger.

He was pissed with himself. He saw her walking towards the locker room. He had to catch up with her before she goes in. So, the only thing he did was run. He sprinted towards her.

"Khushi" he yelled at her. She stopped in her tracks. What the hell! She turned around and her mouth hung open. There he was running towards her almost knocking a few of the people on his way, and he calls her drama queen, ironically.

"Captain?? Are you..." she started but was cut by him.

He was smiling at her. "I need to talk to you," he said hurriedly. "Captain Raizada?" she asked confused.

He saw her expression and knew what he was supposed to do. Looked at her with a serious expression.

"Meet me at 6 in the coffee shop at the hotel. It is an order" with that he walked past her without even waiting for her to react. Khushi was surprised. He is so strange. One time he makes us believe as if he is a stranger and the other time when she tries to make a conversation, he makes people desperate to speak with him. She looked at her watch. It was already 4: 40. What is with him? She walked along with the other crew members to the hotel.

On the way to the hotel, she debated the pros and cons of the so-called coffee meeting. Finally, winning side was meet him and tell him off. The time she reached the hotel she took her room card and rushed into the room. Thoughts cluttering her mind, she picked her cream and black knee length dress. Her favorite. She went to freshen up.

She checked herself in the mirror and sighing deeply she looked at her watch. It was already 5:50. She better get going or else he would give a good hearing on punctuality.

The five-star hotel was now familiar to her. She was here twice and knew where exactly the coffee shop was, so she rushed ASAP.

The Coffee shop was calm and almost empty to her view. A couple of tables were occupied by people and she searched for him. Once locating him at the corner, she walked towards him.

Arnav sucked in a breath when he saw her. She was gorgeous. It was the formal picture that forms whenever her thoughts cross his mind. This girl is like death to him. She looked so flawless. He didn't realize when he stood up. It was gentlemanly but he knew it was reflex. He watched her look at him uncertainly.

"Captain... Can we sit down?" she asked him after waiting for a whole minute. The caf workers gave weird looks. He nodded. He closed his eyes in frustration. What the hell, Gupta! You will kill me.

She saw him deeply breathing and wondered what was cooking in his brain. He opened his eyes and looked at her deeply.

"Look, I'm sorry. I do not know what gets into me. I shouldn't have behaved with you like that. But what can I do?" he caught the free hand that she laid on the table.

She felt a sudden hormonal rush. He was handsome no doubt, but she didn't expect that he had the capacity to boil her blood. She felt heat spread over her body.

"Look it's you... With you ...I don't know. I'm getting mad" with that he leaned back onto his leather seat. She was stunned to the spot.

"Captain, are you alright? I've never seen you getting all this hyper ever, oh, except to yell at me. Do you need medical help?" she pulled the wrong string.

He looked at her menacingly and pointed his index finger almost poking her nose.

"YOU. ARE. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. THIS" he huffed.

"Me... how am I involved in this... you ... you...gawd what is wrong with you?" she asked so uncertainly, agitated at that point. They were no more alone. The waiter looked practically aghast as he asked her for order.

"One Chai latte for me and a cold coffee for him. It should be really really cold. He needs it now" she barked. The waiter rushed off. She looked at him narrowing his eyes.

"Captain I guarantee it works. You need to calm down before you yell at me" she remarked.

He sighed. Closing his eyes to calm down and then opened his eyes.

"Look, I love you," he said and the water glass she took tripped down. What did he say?

Her mouth hung open. Their coffees arrived. Yet they stared at each other.

"Yes, I LOVE YOU. That is the only reason I guess I can't bear to see you talk with any other guy closely. That is why I guess I liked to see you get jealous but you ... you are such an idiot. You play my game on me" he said almost in a chuckle.

She was shaken by his confession. She looked at him and then pinched herself. What the hell. What does he think of himself?

"Captain Arnav Raizada. You need to consult a doctor. Immediately" with that, she stood up and walked from there. She needs air and suddenly she felt claustrophobia.

She didn't see him walking behind her. She left the store paying for both of them. When she almost reached the elevator, she decided to take the steps. She needs exhaustion. Suddenly, she felt a tug at her hand and felt her being pushed against the wall.

He smiled at her.

"What are you smiling at?" She asked furiously.

He shook his head. "Gawd I'm in love with you. So much," he said and hugged her crushing her almost.

"Captain Raizada... are you concluding that now? I guess you hit your head," she said again.

He smiled at her. "NO. I love you so much that I want to change your name from Gupta to Mrs. Raizada" he said grinning like a fool. She was having mini attacks. With that, he bent down to kiss her cheek. His breath washing her face and she closed her eyes.

"I'm telling you Khushi. Believe me. It is true. I'm going to marry you. I never had this strong urge to do anything. It just happened. I'm lucky to have you. I'll look after you and for you. Marry me and it is an order" he waited for her to deny but when she didn't, he smacked his lips to kiss her, so long overdue.  

She was watching the sunset. The rays diminishing, and the birds roared over the sky and plummet into the deep valleys. Sitting on the edge of the hill and looking at the wonders happen above her she smiled. Smiled to herself. That smile showed emotions so deep. Wondering how beautiful the world was painted and thanking the creator once in her mind for making her a part of this universe to witness the silent beauty. She got up from the settee of rocks. She took the quarter of the pizza that is left and took a step forward and suddenly she felt pushed. Gravity intact and the external force of the hands through a hand of a human. She yelled and yelled her heart out. So that some miracle happens, and some magic carpet protects her. Nothing came.

The gush of air hitting her face and she dodged her head so as to decrease the force of the hit. Suddenly, she felt something strong catch her. She felt her heart skip a beat. She tried to catch the object of reference that was the cause for saving her life. Trying to catch it she shook her head again. The bouts of air hitting straight on her face. That is when she heard someone shout. That sound was familiar. Very familiar. It turned into louder shrieks and then she opened her eyes to just see him.

"KHUSHI, are you okay?" he yelled. Oh, that was a dream. She was here in their room. Sleeping beside her husband, pleasantly. Oh, not pleasantly but nightmare-ly. She hugged him tightly. She felt the warmth. She cried unknowingly feeling relieved. She felt him rub her back soothingly.

"Baby look at me" he spoke softly and tilted her chin a little higher.

"Arnav... I ... I got so scared" she said between her sobs and hugged him more strongly if that was possible.

"I am here. Look, please. I am here, right here," he said kissing her lightly on her hair. He switched on the bed lamp. She clutched him so tightly that he pressed a kiss again on her forehead to assure her. He took the bottle on the nightstand and sat on the bed. Opening the bottle, he nudged her to drink some water. She was hiccupping and controlling her breathing. After drinking some water her inner self calmed down a little. She looked at him and he was looking into her eyes, and he pulled her into his arms. Hugging her to himself.

"Now tell me what actually happened," he asked a little worriedly. She pulled back from him and then smiled at him embarrassingly. He sighed and chuckled. She was a real kid. But his.

"Leave it Arnav. You will laugh" she said trying to move away but he was strong. He pulled her near him. Arrogantly he raised his brows. She knows he will not budge.

She closed her eyes. "Actually, someone pushed me off a cliff while I was eating pizza watching the sunset," she said in a go. He looked at her with a what look.

She felt awkward. "Look mister I didn't design it. Stop gazing like I'm some alien. Okay" she spoke in bouts. That is when the serious expression turned into a smile and then he laughed. Laughed so hard. He pulled her onto the bed flat and hovered over her. Still laughing he kissed her cheek.

"Khushi are you dreaming of eating Pizza? Seriously. I mean seriously?" he said hitting his forehead with hers. She looked at him seriously and pushed him off her.

"Look Captain. I hate you. Out of all that I told you just understood pizza and not your wife falling off the cliff" she yelled at him and turned to the other side and pulled the blanket. He smiled and moved closer to her. "I love you, baby. I'm sorry for that stunt. I didn't mean to laugh. The way you picture things one will definitely laugh. He said kissing her neck. She huffed and puffed. "I'm sorry to disturb your sleep" with that directed to him she turned to the other side and slowly closed her eyes. She knew she is behaving like a child. But the fact that she might have fallen down from a cliff shook her up and slowly tried to sleep ignoring the hand and legs that sprung onto her body.

"Sorry baby. Turn to me" he whispered. And of course, she didn't, and he made. She rather looked angrily at him and tried to move but he held her tightly. "Now sleep, baby. I assure you won't get any more nightmares." Kissing her forehead, he lightly stroked her back. She wished not to resist such beautiful warmth and left the idea of being angry. With that, she snuggled into him and slept peacefully.

She adored him and so did he. The little one growing in her did too, but, maybe was craving Pizza too.

PS: How was it, my dear readers? I hope you leave valuable comments that I adore reading. Silent readers, do comment! 😆

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pirl18 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
It was unique love story.. 
Loved it.. 
Ghoruigrl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow.. Plz write some more os like this. So so loved it. 
Ghoruigrl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow. So so loved it. Plz write some more arshi os like this one. 
veds275 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
I loved it ! It was like a whiff of fresh air.
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Cute and Lovely OS
Looking forward to reading more
Thanks
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful and I loved Khushi because she gave Arnav a royal ignorance and result was the proposal
amadea thumbnail
lovely one but i didn't receive pm
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: amadea

lovely one but i didn't receive pm

Yeah, I haven't sent anyone PMs for this OS!😆
SimiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8