couchyC thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay so, this thing crossed my head a few days back and after seeing today's episode, I just felt like making a topic. 

Warning: I feel, it might feel a bit sad for some to read this. So, maybe, people who are more sensitive or are too attached to the show can refrain from reading it. I don't know, I've just expressed my opinion and thoughts. Your call (It's related to AJ and Antara). But, it's my duty to give a 'Read at your own risk' 😆. 

This show from the very beginning had the 'male lead still in very much love with his late wife' angle and tbh, it was also one of the thing which attracted me to the show. And, it still attracts because it's uncommon and beautiful to see a middle aged man so in love with his late wife even after 15 years of her death (what is known to us as of now). So dedicated, so immersed into her. Because, it'll be so beautiful to see such a man fall in love again (probably even more) with a girl completely opposite of his and his late wife's personality. It'll be beautiful to see him giving himself a second chance to fall in love again and even more deeply. 
This is what which was always in my mind whenever I used to watch the show. But now, when I think of it; is it fair to that other person? In this case: Guddan? Akshat loves his late wife way too much. His life kinds of revolves around her. Now, it'll be weird and will make no sense if he just forgets her completely after falling for Guddan. Because we know that eventually, sooner or later, he has to fall in love with Guddan. But, I don't think, after the place, CV's have given to Antara in AJ's life, they'll be able to make AJ completely forget her or her memories and make him completely over her. It's like, somehow, Antara will always be a part of AJ's life, infact an important part. He wouldn't just throw away all her paintings from his home and office. So, as of now, it feels like that even if he falls for Guddan badly, he won't be able to be completely hers. 

Now, it's an Indian fiction show, they can show anything. Logic is clearly not a priority in Indian TV. They might even completely eradicate Antara's name from the show (which will be difficult as her paintings are all over the house), but, it will not make any sense. As viewers of a fiction show, we can even ignore some major bloopers and irrationality but that doesn't mean, they can change the very base of the show and the characters. 

So, that was it. Is it fair to Guddan to be in a relationship with a person who has already experienced so much in life? Who has already been so much in love with someone? Who will probably never be able to be completely and solely hers. Because, what if Antara comes back? I know, she won't and hopefully she doesn't. But it's not completely impossible too, right? In a hypothetical situation, if Antara ever comes back, after he falls for Guddan (say, she was hiding somehow to protect AJ or whatever), how will he react? Will he be happy? What will he do? So, is it fair to Guddan who will be completely and solely his? Because, for her, she will learn the meaning of love through him. For her, love would mean him. So, will it be fair to her to give so much to a relationship, to a man who she probably, even won't be able to call completely hers? 

That's it! Thanks for bearing with my nonsense 😆. I don't even know if it made sense xD. But, I ask this question to you too. Will you be able to fall for a person and most importantly, be in a relationship with that person who has already been so much in love with someone else and has lost that someone in a tragedy (lost as in, death only because if the ex-love is alive, then, it's a completely different thing)? 
Edited by couchyC - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

captainplus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Antra may not be completely erased from AJ's mind but remain as a happy memory rather than a grief which it is at present.
Like we had remember the happy memories from our childhood with friends or family members who don't exist with us today but we still love them & cherish their memories. Same Antra will remain as a beautiful memory as his grief  will disappear due to Guddu's colors.
He may not stop loving her but will stop missing her.
At this moment he is able to invest so much dedication to Antra cause he doesn't have anything else in his mind. When he falls for Guddu, his thoughts may be too occupied with her to invest in Antra's memories. & he will be completely dedicated towards Guddu then.

This may seem funny :-
when i used to stay in KSA, i was fond of a pasta from a local restaurant there. After shifting to my native country, i didn't have access to that anymore.But i needed to get something to clam my taste bud so I tried many pastas here, went to best restaurants but hated all & i had my devotion to that only & didn't think of anything else. I was never made to eat any very masaledar food  cause my father had digestion problem.
But then i somehow tasted biryani from a small restaurant after a friend forced me as cause i hardly tried real desi masaledar biryani before & i fall in love with it. This biryani was different from all the meh flavored ones I tasted back in ksa. 
This biryani didn't replace my love for that pasta & it can't as both are two completely different items & has separate places in my heart but now i don't miss that cause the carvings of my taste bud are being effectively satisfied by this biryani that i don't crave for the former anymore but it still remains & will remain as a happy memory for all my life.That's it !
Here AJ is pyar ka bhooka, Antra is sophisticated pasta & Guddu is desi masaledar biryani.
Guddu & Antra both are completely different items so AJ's love for each will fall in completely different categories.

Now serious :-

In AJ's journey of life he met Antra & got fond of her, they walked together till Antra's journey got over but his didn't so she had to leave him to travel alone. He got sad & kept looking back as his journey was long & lonely. So he started feeling cold of loneliness & pulled a shawl of gloominess over him.
Now Guddu joined this gloomy AJ in his journey but she is very different. So in this journey when AJ is drawn in gloominess resulting from losing his past companion, Guddu with her cheerful personality is repeatedly pulling his shawl forcing him to remove it from time to time to take a peak at her antics. But he is too stubborn to live that. But a point will come when while walking together, & removing his shawl time to time, he won't feel like wearing it any more as he won't feel the cold of loneliness anymore as temperature has warmed up & then the shawl will just look like an unnecessary burden hence he will decide to discard it. 
Now he will start to enjoy Guddu's company completely & stop looking back. While his journey with Antra can't be erased & forgotten completely, as with her he did have a part of his journey but he won't have any reason to look back as he is too drawn enjoying in Guddu's company & is completely distracted with whatever she does or says.

While Antra's painting may not disappear but he may not stand in front of the painting & talk to her like he does now. & he does that cause according to him he doesn't have anyone to share his pain & feelings with. 

Coming to Guddu, at this moment it may seem unfair as a 3rd person as currently AJ doesn't love her yet nor has she started to love him yet.
 AJ is a gem, its not hard to fall for him + he is legally committed to her
So from Guddu's POV, if she starts genuinely loving him, true love is always selfless. When you love someone, you do so without expecting the same in return. So according to her it may not be unfair to her & she will be ready to accept him with his past.

Regarding Antra coming back = nope ! its best she stays dead happily ever after. Like i my visa got expired so no pasta from ksa.

This is my view I don't know if you or anyone will be able to make any sense out of it   ðŸ˜†

Edited by captainplus - 5 years ago
JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Ya even I don't want AJ to forget Antra when he falls for Guddan. Love can happen for a second time too. Guddan won't be able to take the place Antra has in AJ's heart but she can surely make another place in AJ's heart. Well if Antra comes back alive(there is a chance since from the episode it seems Antra has fallen from a cliff or something like that, and its very easy to come back from death in hindi serials in this situation)that will completely ruin the essence of this show. It will mess Akshan's life completely. Already Guddan's life has been in a mess earlier thanks to her step mother.
Kaya_luvakshan thumbnail
According to meet the actual essence of Akshan relationship is the loneliness of AJ bcoz of antara n guddu's cheerful nature. We have seen that guddu is not a perfect girl in the form of normal works but she is definitely a perfect person to connect with somebody emotions. 
I literally don't want AJ to forget antara completely bcoz it is antara who has forced him after 15yrs of her death to move on. To get married again to have someone in Ur life so you can be happy. 
Although AJ is doing this bcoz of antara wish but I guess AJ also knows that if their would be someone else in his life it might be possible that she make a place in his heart. 
It is not necessary that AJ should give him antara place but yes we know that there would be a great place for guddu in AJ"s heart.  

N want to tell u something I don't know how many will agree. 
I used to saw a show named as dharampatni starring Ronit Roy n a young girl.
What I loved about that show was Ronit character dharampatni mahiyawanshi had never forget his first wife. 
When he realised that Santo is doing very much for him n his family. 
He removed his first wife portrait from his room n make his second wife portrait hang there. He kept his wife's portrait in Mandir. 

The lines which I loved the most was 

" Sthaaan milta hai Umar se ya kartavay palan se or aaj Ka Satya yah hai ki Jo tumne Kiya wo subhadra (his first wife) BHI Nahi Kar pati. 

Usually he talks about Santo to subhadra that she is younger than him I know she has a hesitation to talk to me. Etc.etc. 

I really appreciate as captain said that when it is about true love you become selfless. You don't mind anything or don't need anything except the love of your husband 
So it is not unfair for guddu . 
dattu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Antara was died 15 years ago n till i remember whenever Aj shown to remember antara, they show antara screaming his name..n it haunts him bcoz he was incapable in saving her n that"s called guilt than love..

for Guddan to loving aj, Aj is genteleman bt how can anyone fall for person who doesnt love u back n loves someone else dearly..his accusations n his bahuo"s kaands are enough reasons for her to nt even Think abt it

+ seeing today's precap, they are gonna Make guddu"s fa clown, as usual Hindi serial mahaan bahu guddu will forgive them...sigh!!

till nw i didnt see any single reason for guddu to fall for Aj.i know they r leads n it's their story bt i can see only reasons to nt to fall for him...yes i will love to see how it will melt n explore!!

couchyC thumbnail

Originally posted by: captainplus

Antra may not be completely erased from AJ's mind but remain as a happy memory rather than a grief which it is at present.

Like we had remember the happy memories from our childhood with friends or family members who don't exist with us today but we still love them & cherish their memories. Same Antra will remain as a beautiful memory as his grief  will disappear due to Guddu's colors.
He may not stop loving her but will stop missing her.
At this moment he is able to invest so much dedication to Antra cause he doesn't have anything else in his mind. When he falls for Guddu, his thoughts may be too occupied with her to invest in Antra's memories. & he will be completely dedicated towards Guddu then.

This may seem funny :-
when i used to stay in KSA, i was fond of a pasta from a local restaurant there. After shifting to my native country, i didn't have access to that anymore.But i needed to get something to clam my taste bud so I tried many pastas here, went to best restaurants but hated all & i had my devotion to that only & didn't think of anything else. I was never made to eat any very masaledar food  cause my father had digestion problem.
But then i somehow tasted biryani from a small restaurant after a friend forced me as cause i hardly tried real desi masaledar biryani before & i fall in love with it. This biryani was different from all the meh flavored ones I tasted back in ksa. 
This biryani didn't replace my love for that pasta & it can't as both are two completely different items & has separate places in my heart but now i don't miss that cause the carvings of my taste bud are being effectively satisfied by this biryani that i don't crave for the former anymore but it still remains & will remain as a happy memory for all my life.That's it !
Here AJ is pyar ka bhooka, Antra is sophisticated pasta & Guddu is desi masaledar biryani.
Guddu & Antra both are completely different items so AJ's love for each will fall in completely different categories.

Now serious :-

In AJ's journey of life he met Antra & got fond of her, they walked together till Antra's journey got over but his didn't so she had to leave him to travel alone. He got sad & kept looking back as his journey was long & lonely. So he started feeling cold of loneliness & pulled a shawl of gloominess over him.
Now Guddu joined this gloomy AJ in his journey but she is very different. So in this journey when AJ is drawn in gloominess resulting from losing his past companion, Guddu with her cheerful personality is repeatedly pulling his shawl forcing him to remove it from time to time to take a peak at her antics. But he is too stubborn to live that. But a point will come when while walking together, & removing his shawl time to time, he won't feel like wearing it any more as he won't feel the cold of loneliness anymore as temperature has warmed up & then the shawl will just look like an unnecessary burden hence he will decide to discard it. 
Now he will start to enjoy Guddu's company completely & stop looking back. While his journey with Antra can't be erased & forgotten completely, as with her he did have a part of his journey but he won't have any reason to look back as he is too drawn enjoying in Guddu's company & is completely distracted with whatever she does or says.

While Antra's painting may not disappear but he may not stand in front of the painting & talk to her like he does now. & he does that cause according to him he doesn't have anyone to share his pain & feelings with. 

Coming to Guddu, at this moment it may seem unfair as a 3rd person as currently AJ doesn't love her yet nor has she started to love him yet.
 AJ is a gem, its not hard to fall for him + he is legally committed to her
So from Guddu's POV, if she starts genuinely loving him, true love is always selfless. When you love someone, you do so without expecting the same in return. So according to her it may not be unfair to her & she will be ready to accept him with his past.

Regarding Antra coming back = nope ! its best she stays dead happily ever after. Like i my visa got expired so no pasta from ksa.

This is my view I don't know if you or anyone will be able to make any sense out of it   ðŸ˜†

I agree, real love is selfless and from Guddan's POV, it might not be unfair to her. Mostly, because, AJ probably will love her with the same intensity. But the thing is, it somewhere feels like a shared love. While Guddan's love will be raw and solely for him, AJ's love will always remain shared even if Antara is no more. 

It isn't a big deal or issue but, I think, this can also be one aspect to look at. 
And, when I said, what if Antara comes back, I know, she won't and hopefully she doesn't. Infact, I know, she won't. But, technically in a hypothetical situation, if she does (as it's not completely impossible), what will AJ do then? He couldn't be sailing on two boats then. He will have to choose one and that choice should be clear. He should choose the one he loves and wants to be with. That's why I feel, it's important for him to fall out of love with Antara. Cause I believe, you can't be romantically loving two persons at the same time, whether dead or alive. That's why I believe, for him to accept Guddan completely and wholeheartedly and to become completely hers, he has to let go of his 'romantic love' feelings for Antara'. Because, in the end, Guddan and Antara aren't 2 food items that he can have separate places for both in his heart but two different humans, out of whom, he needs to be committed to only one. 

Again, it's not some very big deal or issue to ponder upon but it's just a thought. And, it bothered me just a little because maybe, I'm a firm believer of commitments and, 'one man woman' and ' one woman man' type of stuff. So, I think, I'll always believe that, it'll be completely fair only if AJ falls out of love with Antara before falling for Guddan. Of course, she can't be technically erased from his mind but I feel, he needs to erase her from his heart cause Guddan doesn't deserve a part of his heart but, his whole heart. And, I believe in this thing in general too. 

So, I personally don't even want Antara to remain in his happy memories, as in 'romantic' happy memories like whenever, he's reminded of Antara, a smile would appear on his face or when he'll look up in the sky, he would find her in some star and feel happy about it. No, I don't want all of that. I want him to be completely unaffected by her, that even if she were to come back (I know, that's not happening), he's not able to feel or look at her in a romantic light but just as a past memory or as a person he would care about as a friend maybe but not, romantically. That was my whole point. He needs to let go of any 'romantic' feelings for Antara before falling for Guddan, which is nearly impossible in a real life scenario; which is why I made this post. I wanted to know people's view, not only for the show but for a similar real life scenario as well. 

So, it's completely okay if people agree or disagree with it. It's just my point of view. :)

captainplus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: couchyC

I agree, real love is selfless and from Guddan's POV, it might not be unfair to her. Mostly, because, AJ probably will love her with the same intensity. But the thing is, it somewhere feels like a shared love. While Guddan's love will be raw and solely for him, AJ's love will always remain shared even if Antara is no more. 

It isn't a big deal or issue but, I think, this can also be one aspect to look at. 
And, when I said, what if Antara comes back, I know, she won't and hopefully she doesn't. Infact, I know, she won't. But, technically in a hypothetical situation, if she does (as it's not completely impossible), what will AJ do then? He couldn't be sailing on two boats then. He will have to choose one and that choice should be clear. He should choose the one he loves and wants to be with. That's why I feel, it's important for him to fall out of love with Antara. Cause I believe, you can't be romantically loving two persons at the same time, whether dead or alive. That's why I believe, for him to accept Guddan completely and wholeheartedly and to become completely hers, he has to let go of his 'romantic love' feelings for Antara'. Because, in the end, Guddan and Antara aren't 2 food items that he can have separate places for both in his heart but two different humans, out of whom, he needs to be committed to only one. 

Again, it's not some very big deal or issue to ponder upon but it's just a thought. And, it bothered me just a little because maybe, I'm a firm believer of commitments and, 'one man woman' and ' one woman man' type of stuff. So, I think, I'll always believe that, it'll be completely fair only if AJ falls out of love with Antara before falling for Guddan. Of course, she can't be technically erased from his mind but I feel, he needs to erase her from his heart cause Guddan doesn't deserve a part of his heart but, his whole heart. And, I believe in this thing in general too. 

So, I personally don't even want Antara to remain in his happy memories, as in 'romantic' happy memories like whenever, he's reminded of Antara, a smile would appear on his face or when he'll look up in the sky, he would find her in some star and feel happy about it. No, I don't want all of that. I want him to be completely unaffected by her, that even if she were to come back (I know, that's not happening), he's not able to feel or look at her in a romantic light but just as a past memory or as a person he would care about as a friend maybe but not, romantically. That was my whole point. He needs to let go of any 'romantic' feelings for Antara before falling for Guddan, which is nearly impossible in a real life scenario; which is why I made this post. I wanted to know people's view, not only for the show but for a similar real life scenario as well. 

So, it's completely okay if people agree or disagree with it. It's just my point of view. :)

While i completely respect your views i feel when you completely fall for someone, you usually don't think or remember of the 'romantic memories' of your Ex. but of the wise advice you shared with each other or of the sensible decisions you made together.
When i say AJ will keep loving Antra, i mean it in a sense of respect not romantically.
Yes Guddu & Antra are not 2 food items but they are 2 completely different personalities.
& so AJ-Guddu & AJ-Antra relation dynamic can't be same.
Love is a very complex subject. & I believe there are many types of it.
So, to me while AJ's love for Antra seems like one he developed out of friendship , companionship & mainly cause they might have had a lot in common.
But with Guddu, his feeling will be more that develop while guiding each other out of their miseries, out of protectiveness for each other being each others saviors. This will be more intense & passionate type of love which i believe won't leave a scope for AJ to remember his romantic memories with Antra.

I feel the love AJ has for Antra adds a beautiful shade to his character & don't want him to completely fall out of love for her. Lets just leave it to cvs as till now they are handling the show beautifully & hopefully they would handle this well too.

Regarding Antra coming back, don't want to think about that.

P.S.This was just my view on the scenario please don't think i am trying to force them on you ðŸ˜› 
No one obliged to agree to anyone in this platform  ðŸ˜³
Edited by captainplus - 5 years ago
couchyC thumbnail

Originally posted by: captainplus

While i completely respect your views i feel when you completely fall for someone, you usually don't think or remember of the 'romantic memories' of your Ex. but of the wise advice you shared with each other or of the sensible decisions you made together.
When i say AJ will keep loving Antra, i mean it in a sense of respect not romantically.
Yes Guddu & Antra are not 2 food items but they are 2 completely different personalities.
& so AJ-Guddu & AJ-Antra relation dynamic can't be same.
Love is a very complex subject. & I believe there are many types of it.
So, to me while AJ's love for Antra seems like one he developed out of friendship , companionship & mainly cause they might have had a lot in common.
But with Guddu, his feeling will be more that develop while guiding each other out of their miseries, out of protectiveness for each other being each others saviors. This will be more intense & passionate type of love which i believe won't leave a scope for AJ to remember his romantic memories with Antra.

I feel the love AJ has for Antra adds a beautiful shade to his character & don't want him to completely fall out of love for her. Lets just leave it to cvs as till now they are handling the show beautifully & hopefully they would handle this well too.

Regarding Antra coming back, don't want to think about that.

P.S.This was just my view on the scenario please don't think i am trying to force them on you ðŸ˜› 
No one obliged to agree to anyone in this platform  ðŸ˜³

Yeah. Still being able to think of your ex in a romantic light is what bothers me. Because for me, I find it tough to imagine myself in a situation where the person, I'm in a relationship with is still not completely over his ex (whether dead or alive). It would almost feel like infidelity or cheating to me if he's still capable of thinking of his ex in any kind of romantic or that 'lovey lovey' way. If that happens, I'll not be able to be completely free in that relationship. I'll always have some weight, some doubt in my heart. 
But, that's just me. There are many people who don't care about all of that. 

@bold I think, we kind of avoid that question because we don't really have any clear answer to that. That situation will be really complicated. Especially if she did that for bigger good of AJ. I raised that question not because, I think, she might actually come back and then, what will AJ do, but because, answer to that question will clear and define the AJ- Antara and AJ-Guddan relationship dynamics. 

But yes, we don't even really need to think about that as it's just a fiction show and there's no need to go into all those technicalities. Also, I really don't think, she'll ever come back. Some fake Antara might enter if CV's would want to spoil the show but, real one won't as it'll be hard to manage that track and it doesn't even make sense.

And, yeah, CV's are handling it really well indeed. Hope they manage to keep innocence of the show intact and keep it from being regressive to impress the orthodox masses!