Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
6.In Sickness and In Health

The sky was overcast with grey clouds, Anurag felt hot and humid, his clothes were sticking to his body and sweat dripped down from his forehead. He looked at the sky, hoping against hope that he would not be caught in the rain. It was no fun, he caught a cold easily and he did not really like to drink that stupid concoction both his mother and wife swears by. But luck was not on his side as he came back, drenched to the boot.
'Awnu, Oh my god beta, you are fully wet, I told you to take and umbrella in the morning na. You never listen. Go to your room and change, I will get Prerna to make kadha' said his mom, her voice full of worry.
He scrunched up his nose at the mention of kadha. He really really hated it.
'There is no use making that face, you should have thought about it before getting wet. Now go upstairs, immediately.' His mom said impatiently, without even giving him time to talk.

He really did think about it, it wasn't as if he had any choice. He entered the room to see Prerna at her desk, engrossed in her preparations of GMAT. Exams gave her anxitey but she really wanted to ace this test to get into her dream college, so he tried to help her in every possible way. She looked up from her books as he sneezed a couple of times in a row.

'Oh my god Anurag, Ma told you to take an umbrella in the morning no. You get sick so easily, you have the immune system of a 5 year old and then some.' She said, rushing towards their dresser and pulling out a towel, t-shirt and sweatpants for him to change into. He rolled his eyes eyes at her.
'Did you and Ma exchange notes or something? She said the exact same thing downstairs. You guys are really getting along nowadays?' he said and sneezed.
'HaHa' She said dryly. 'Go get changed, I'll bring you kadha.'
'Please!' He begged. 'Get me soup or something. Please don't make me drink kadha. I loathe it.'
'Should have thought about it before getting wet'

'Prerna, give this to Anurag.' Mohini said as Prerna entered the kitchen. 'I even made soup, waise tou he is never fussy when sick. Tell him I said to drink it. He will never refuse.'

'Anurag, please have the soup atleast. You need to eat something.' She pleaded with him.
'To weak..to hold.. the bowl' He muttered wearily.
'You just have a cold, you did not even develop fever.' She said as she forcibly fed him one spoon.
'Ouch! My throat hurts!' He complained.
She blew on the soup and made to feed him again.
'I don't want it. I want Ice cream.'
'Wha-? Anurag, you cannot have ice-cream in this condition.'
'I hate you. My throat hurts.'
'No, DON'T LEAVE.' He lunged for her as she tried to get off the bed.

If only you knew Kaki Ma, Prerna thought as she tried to reason with Anurag, how much of a fuss he creates when he is sick. She has seen him down kadha in one go when his mom was involved; and she was pretty sure he takes this liberty with her and her alone, making unreasonable demands resulting in her going crazy.
But she did not mind, she never did whenever Anurag was involved.

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awww Anu acting like a baby...How adorable 😳
Zaya.hp thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You get such adorable ideas to write about! Anu is being all fussy with his beloved wife because he knows she would put up with all of it. He is such a dork! Lovely writing. ❤️
Legilimens thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basilisk

Awww Anu acting like a baby...How adorable  😳

Haina? I just want anu to be not so uptight, not going to happen in the show, does not mean it cannot happen in my writing 😆 
Legilimens thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaya.hp

You get such adorable ideas to write about! Anu is being all fussy with his beloved wife because he knows she would put up with all of it. He is such a dork! Lovely writing.  ❤️

I got this idea because I am sick atm and I miss my mom 😆 I really don't like making my own kadha/haldi ka doodh, both of which are yuck btw 😆 Adulting sucks. 
Also, Thank you 🤗 
Alone111 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
That was so sweet and adorable
Love it
Legilimens thumbnail
7.Habits

Reworked

Maybe it was a direct result of his father's strict schedule, a part and parcel of Moloy Basu running a multimillion dollar media company, or maybe it was because Tapur used to wake him up early, dragging him away to workout every morning, but Anurag Basu could never sleep past six in the morning. It was ingrained into his biological clock. He kept up this particular habit even after moving to Mumbai after his marriage. 

His wife on the other hand was infamous for sleeping till noon if left unchecked. Prerna hated him for getting up so early because in her words, it spoils her 'rep' with her in laws and her mom.

"Shit shit shit" Prerna muttered as she hurriedly put on a sock while Anurag put a piece of toast between her lips and went and sat on the dining table, unfolding the newspaper.
"Thanks" she said, her voice muffled by the breakfast she was struggling to eat.
"Anuraaag." She called out, "Did you see the book I was reading last night? I had borrowed it from my fourth year resident and she will kill me if I lose it. And also do you know where I kept my lab coat? ''
"Book is in the cabinet beside our bed and lab-coat is pressed and kept in your dresser" He said calmly, sipping his morning chai. He, unlike his wife, still had an hour and half to reach his office.
"F**k f**k f**k" She muttered as she ran upstairs, taking two steps at a time. She hoped against hope that the traffic wouldn't be as bad as everyday. Anurag finished his breakfast and started clearing the table of the plates.
"I am late, will call you at lunch." She shouted as she rushed out of the house and closed the door with a bang.
Anurag counted backwards mentally as he stood in the living room with his plate in one hand and his mug in the other. He heard the keys turn in the lock as she came back in, looking apologetic.
"Sorry, I forgot" She muttered as she pecked his lips. "Love you, bye."
He smiled, shaking his head. "Pagal. Have a good day. And take out the garbage."

Edited by Legilimens - 5 years ago
CrazyAbtB thumbnail
Wow... Loved it. This is how they are. Anu getting up and has his things sorted, scheduled his work and pre getting up late. This looks so familiar and as a couple they are opposite. But opp attract.
Zaya.hp thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww! What would I not give to watch something like this actually transpire between them. ❤️ But yeah you are writing is more than vivid. I loved loved loved it!
Legilimens thumbnail
8. Puchkas

'I really don't want to talk to you right now Anurag.' Prerna growled as she entered her house with a sorry looking Anurag trailing behind.
'You know' She said, flipping around and hitting his face with her hair, 'You really think you know someone, been best friends with, say for 10 years and then they go and do a 360 and betray you.'
'180' He mutters quietly.
'What?'
'Do a 180. 360 degress will be a complete circle and you will land where you started up. A 180 is the complete opposite.'
'Oh my god you are UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE' She screamed in his face and started going up the stairs.
'Besides, what I did is not a big thing Prerna' He followed her at an arm's distance, trying to unsuccessfully pacify her.
'NOT A BIG THI-?' Her voice grew fainter as they climbed up the stairs and went into Prerna's room.

Rajesh and Veena were watching this scene unfold from the dining table, shelling peas for dinner.
'What did Anu do this time? And where are the others' Rajesh asked a tired Nivi who plopped down on a chair besides Veena. Moloy and Mohini had taken all the kids out for an evening time snack, courtesy of Nivi clearing her NEET's.
'Anu stole her sukha puri.'
'Sukha puri?'
'Yeah. The puri they give with the sev and all at the end after you have eaten all your puchkas? Anu ate his and then stole hers.'
'All this for a sukha puri, seriously? I ought to teach that girl more manners'  Veena muttered  under her breath.
'Only Prerna could get angry with Anurag over such trivial things. He wouldn't even give anyone else the time of the day for such stuff' Rajesh laughed.
'That is true Uncle. And are you kidding me aunty?!' said Nivi indignantly. 'Suka puri is the BEST PART!'

Where Rajesh and Moloy's friendship extended to their families and their wives are friends and their kids grew up together. Do any of you want me to write more of small fics based on this scenario? 

Edited by Legilimens - 5 years ago