Epi 1 review: Will You Marry Me?

Lodestar thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
            Before I begin my review just wanted to thank everyone involved in bringing back KYY. I used to watch it when it was on air, frequently watched it from any episode at least once a month. But did not realise how truly I have missed watching this show until I saw the first epi today. So thanks to all people involved in this project. 

So the makers had promised us #hamesha_with_a_twist & what a twist it was!!! Nothing larger than life but real life situations are the twist. I suspected something weird plotwise was  coming our way when Voot posted the first shorts of Manik, Nandini & Chacha-Chachi. Manik's POV showed us how content  he is with his life in the moment but no contemplation about what's next whereas both Nandu & chacha- Chachi though happy in life were musing on Manan's next chapter in life!!! This brilliantly shows the differences in their life view. While in Manik's world being in a relationship without the societal labels is not a big deal but in Nandini's world after falling in love, being committed in a relationship comes the ultimate commitment- Marriage!!!

I salute Nandu the same way Manik saluted Zuby boy. Wow does she have guts or what!!! However modern in lifestyle a girl may be but she always expects the guy to propose for the next step. But not our sanki scientist Nandu! Why should she wait for Manik to propose marriage to her when she knows how madly & deeply in love with each other they are? So she once again chose to write her own destiny by herself by proposing Manik & what a truly romantic & innovative proposal it was!!! Truly quintessential Nandu- innocent, earnest, nervous but yet so brave!! 

And what a quintessential Manik reaction she got from him- way out of her thoughts, impulsive, fearful but yet so needful for her understanding & love!!! Gadha Baba!! So no wonder her heart broke but still her first worry was whether Manik was refusing because of their frequent fights & this really made me want to cuddle her & soothe her pain as we sooth a crying baby. Such a heartbroken baccha she looked!!! But when Manik in order to avoid the confrontation & preventing her hurt said to forget about the issue for now & go back to the concert, all the pain came out in the form of her hurtful words. She questioned her importance in his life, brought in the random Inaya & the most important issue their careers. Though Nandu knows that Manik is proud of her achievements but he would still prefer for her to be always with him. This is not just based on their arguments but how Manik as a person is- very loving but very controlling of his loved ones environment.  He would rather do all the hard work himself & provide all the happiness to them than they themselves make the effort. This was brilliantly shown previously in his dealings with Cabir when he wanted Cabir to not take up a job since Manik was able to provide for him.

Nandini as a person has too much self respect, dignity not only for herself but for the opportunities provided by her loved ones including Manik. She wants to leave a mark on the world on the basis of her own hard work & not just be a trophy girlfriend to rockstar Manik. We all should also remember that though frustrated due to her stubbornness for her independence Manik loves this quality the most in his Nandu. So he knows he hurt her but still just repeats the only truth of his life- he loves Nandini. But Nandini is heartbroken & still leaves.

Loved Mukti & Zubin's love story introduction.  Though I have hated Mukti in the previous seasons due to her woe is me attitude, I was really happy to see her happy & so in love with her Zubi boy who is such a cutie. Also loved how both Manan came to her to rant about each other. This is what friends do- listen to their friends bitch about their love life & giving them advice. Though we can clearly see how much Manik hates her "f**kall" idea. Ha ha!!  Manik- zubin are a riot together. Loved their interaction. Too funny & cute it was. 

Then came Manik's performance time. Loved the flashback which showed how Manik can't even perform without his lucky charms best wishes. Also loved that despite both of them being hurt & angry, Manik still called up Nandu & Nandu though heartbroken still came to his concert so that he could perform. Reminded me of the never-ending Musicana night performance of Fab 5 when Manik was performing & Nandu was looking at him heartbroken. Loved the song- intensity & restlessness but above all the love reflecting through the lyrics!!!

Manik is such a kiddo who still expects Nandu to wait for him & kiss his wounds better. Manik- Chachi is the best MIL- SIL relationship ever. Great to see her dote on her son a munda- Manu. Ha ha!! Then came the wound cleaning scene reminding me once again of Musicana night scene when Nandu was wiping off Manik's face after he had broken her heart..aah what parallels. But Nandini Murthy remains the same badass as ever when she reminds him about how he has hurt her & walks off. She slayed him there as usual not with high dramatics but a few words.

Manik's flashback of how he came to stay in Murthy's house was divine. It was so good to see them cuddling, teasing & basking in their love. Puts kaala teeka on them. When he comes back to his present, he asks Nandu to meet him, waits outside her house as always & now has progressed to throwing stones as well & this despite living under the same roof! Hilarious it was!!And then his complaints started as always- why she didn't come when he called her, whats wrong with  her mood and is she having mood swings because it might be her period. He even started checking his calendar. This was such a small but intimate & adorable thing about Manan as a couple to be included. 

I don't know from which planet does Manik hail- u know u rejected her marriage proposal & still u are asking her why she is upset with him?! Such a monster monkey malhotra he behaved there- no wonder Nandu said that she needed a break from him. But Manik baba as usual thought it was their in between fight break but as soon as Nandu said that she needed a break from him, all his relief vanished. The epi ended with Nandu declaring that she won't revolve her life around just Manik any more & live her life beyond Manik. Precap was such a treat- Nandu showing Manik that she wants to date some one & Manik losing his infamous temper on every living & non- living being. ( RIP suitcase!!) 

Really loved the entire episode. It was so good to see real life problems faced by couples being shown in the Manan story which though represents a fairy tale but still is rooted in real emotions & situations. Hamesha is not just a hea but you have to work hard to nurture the forevers in a relationship.  Good job Richa Yamini for once again giving us quality content. PaNi hats off to you guys- you guys have improved individually as well as together. The chemistry was more sizzling then ever. Thank you for portraying Manan beautifully. Special shout out to the stylists- glad to see our Nandu in clothes which are modern yet suit the Nandu that we all know & love. Niti has made Nandu cute yet sexy! Parth nailed the rockstar look.

All the new cast members did well in their first epi. Zubin made the most impression as he was given more screen time as well as his character was funny cute. Jeff was in only one scene & hence her character is still a closed one- we only know that she is Zubin's sister & wants to spend time with her future SIL. Inaya has great screen presence but is such a wannabe free modern girl. Disliked her for now but we will hopefully get to see more facets to her personality as the story progresses. 

All in all it was a great first episode- showed us how things have changed yet remain the same & left us wanting for more. Really excited for next epi. No need to cry for Manan breakup. We all are witness how they end up being more of a couple after their breakups. So bring it on team!!!

Edited by Lodestar - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
"she didn't come when he called her, whats wrong with  her mood and is she having mood swings because it might be her period. He even started checking his calendar. This was such a small but intimate & adorable thing about Manan as a couple to be included. "
Damn my favourite scene😆😉😆
manancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
First of all...what a review yaar ðŸ˜ƒ bohat accha likha hai tumne. I am glad that MaNan's forever humesha is a realistic story instead of regular saas-bahu sacrifice😕
Manik's rejection was actual shock I mean...what's wrong with him ðŸ˜¡ Par manik k point of view se he is right too😭 
Mukti aur zubi boy was cute  it's good to see Mukti acting sane ðŸ˜†
Manik is something of a creature by god😆 Really...after rejecting her marriage proposal he had the guts to say what's wrong with her🤣
Love the grooming they all have😃 looking forward to see more of babies