Frequent Posters

old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 27

The vast canopy of pitch dark embellished with the diamonds of stars had swathed the fort of Agra... The old tune of melancholy was ringing in the silence of the dark... A soft breeze was blowing, perhaps to sooth the pain of that melancholic silence. The night sky was alone in the dark, yearning for one sight of its love- the moonlight... and that pain of yearning for love was echoing in the darkness... was echoing in the heart of Jalal... witness was only the darkness, the gentle breeze, the stars, and the piece of cloud floating like an aimless ship in the sea of the darkness... 

Jalal sat on a seat in the terrace. Ruqaiya sat beside him. Jalal was gazing at the blurred line in far- perhaps the shore of the river Yamuna... as if he was longing for someone there. The sky was echoing the sound of his heartbeat; the silence of the night was reflecting the agony buried in the deep of his heart... An owl hooted from somewhere, breaking the silence of the night. Jalal's lost mind also got a shore in the infinity to rearrange itself. Unmindfully, he placed his hand on Ruqaiya's hand.

Ruqaiya was yawning. Gulping once to control that yawn, she slowly looked at Jalal. Jalal's arm had wrapped her from behind of her shoulder. She smiled a little and placed her head on Jalal's chest. Jalal's heart shivered without any reason with this very known touch... He picked up her chin.

"Ruqaiya... he uttered in a deep emotional voice.

"Umm?

Jalal took a long breath. "Isn't the night unique, Ruqaiya?

Ruqaiya smiled for him, though she could not find any uniqueness in the night.

"There is no moon in the sky; no one is there to play hide-and-seek with the darkness... The sky is so alone; though it has countless of stars that keep on glittering, none can glow; none can fill the heart of the sky with light and brightness... Jalal uttered in a lost, poetic voice...

Ruqaiya again hid a yawn. She does not know what a man achieves by staring at the dark sky in a cold pre-wintery night instead of sleeping in the warm bed; but she knows Jalal from a very long time, and hence she is very much acquainted with such typical madness of him... And she can endure all his silly craziness for his smile.

Jalal looked at her in a lost glare. With very gentle hand, he touched her sleepy eyes... Then slowly he started caressing her hairs affectionately. Ruqaiya's eyes almost drowned as she leaned on Jalal's chest. Jalal smiled with utter care but his eyes were touched with a sting of hesitation and guilt. Being an emperor he is not a one-woman's-man. Ruqaiya is habituated with his lifestyle which revolves around many women... Still suddenly he thought he should confess everything to Ruqaiya... everything about him and Purnima; everything about his love... He cannot hide anything; not only as it will be an injustice to Ruqaiya as it is her right to know about his husband's heart, but also will be a stigma on the purity of his love.          

"I have something to tell you Ruqaiya... He uttered in a dignified, low tone.

"Hmm...

"An incident has happened in these days Ruqaiya... A small and insignificant incident, and it changed the direction of my life in a blink of eye... Jalal said in a lost voice... "I don't know if you will understand me or not; I don't know how you will take this; but I am liable to confess everything to you. Jalal stirred Ruqaiya a bit... "Ruqaiya?

"Hmm... Ruqaiya widened her eyes to drive the sleep away. "I am listening...

Jalal sighed a little before he starts. "You know Ruqaiya; I had caught in a problem our army was resting in a land near Rajputana... I had gone to visit the fort of Amer alone in a horse; only accompanied by Abdul and without any weapon or soldiers. There is an accident I was a little injured. And I met there someone who... He took a deep breath... "Who stole my heart... Her beauty, her persona, her valor, her enigma everything started ruling over me and I lost myself in a strange dreamland that I built myself with the elements of...

Jalal stopped. He had understood that he is talking to his own only; no response is coming from the lady who was resting on his chest.

"Ruqaiya? Jalal called a bit anxiously now. "Are you listening at all?

"Hmm? Hmm hmm... It seemed Ruqaiya's small snooze was broken and she looked at Jalal quite ashamedly. "Sorry... Actually... I... She gulped. "Tell, what you were going to...

Jalal sighed and turned his face around with a touch of anger.    

"Jalal, I... Ruqaiya touched Jalal with a little embarrassment. "Actually you know, the night breeze is so soothing that I... I...

"You are sleepy. Jalal smiled hiding his anger of a moment ago, cupping her face with utter affection. "I can understand... you had a busy day, no? Managing the household duties and the hazard of the Harem, preparation of celebrations and all... I understand Ruqaiya; I very much understand...

In the darkness his repeating words sounded like an echo of a deep-rooted grievance from the deep of heart. 

"What were you telling Jalal? About your trip in Rajputana? Ruqaiya asked while showing double enthusiasm.

Jalal again smiled. "You are almost asleep Ruqaiya... Let's go back to the room.

"But you were telling something...

"Perhaps it's not the time. Jalal smiled while looking at the sky. Ruqaiya could not understand the sarcasm hidden in his smile. "Okay... Let's go. She told and proceeded to her restroom.

Before following Ruqaiya, Jalal gazed at the sky for the last time and smiled sadly in his mind. Is not there anyone who has the capacity to understand him? Is not there anyone who has the heart to feel his pain? Why the destiny of the emperor is so cruel? Why an emperor has to walk alone in his life? There is perhaps only one soul in this entire universe who could understand... who was able to stand by him in every step of life... but what a cruel play of destiny... he lost her! Perhaps Purnima is also gazing at the night sky right now... and thinking about him... just like him... So strange; both of them are under the same sky... yet so far...

A discrete piece of cloud was floating aimlessly. Jalal looked at that... the cloud is heading towards West- where he has left his Purnima alone... If cloud could have travel to her; if it could tell her about him... if only it could become a medium between them...

Sunn re megha rahi gagan ke , jaa tu mere prem doot ban ke...

Gori se kahiyo dukh mere mann ke

Chhim chhim chhimke chandni; tara chhaayi raat mahal mein phir bhi andhera re

Ke daala yahaan birhaa ne dera re...

Jodha felt a tremor in her veins. The beautiful tune floating in the air of Amer had penetrated into her heart... as if the song is sung only for her. She kept on gazing at the sky... the beautiful euphony in the silence of the night had mixed a divine aura of longing in the sky. Why she felt that the song is not coming from any nearby place from some professional singer; the tune of this longing is coming from far... travelling a long distance in the sky, carried by the piece of the discrete cloud floating... The cloud is coming from far East, travelling a long route, only to bring the message of the lover to his beloved...

Jodha closed her eyes to float with the melody. The soft breeze swept over her heart, touching a magical wind of dream over her existence. Suppose there was no barrier of anything in this world; suppose the humans were also free like the birds; suppose the cloud could speak; suppose the wind could whisper the message into her love's ears; suppose Jodha was Purnima Bai only, not the princess of Amer, she would not have to wear any kind of mask... she would have confessed her love openly in front of the whole nature through the drops of her tears... she would have gazed at the path of the far east forever in his wait... perhaps she could send the message to him through the soft, cold breeze of this night, and the wind would pass the words of her heart to him at a glance

Sunn sunn sheetal jhonke pawan ke jaa tu mera prem doot ban ke
Preetam se kahiyo dukhe mere mann ke
Naa hasna, na bolna... naa koi saaj singaar
Ke un bin kacho na suhaave ho
Pardesi pi ki yaad sataave ho...

He would know everything about her. How she is missing him. How she is dying for a glance of him. The princess Jodha cannot confess this to herself. She has to accept her destiny- her destiny of life-long imprisonment. She cannot run away to her love even though she gets golden opportunities for it... But Purnima can! Purnima would drop her tears for him... Purnima would wait for him... Purnima would yearn for his one glance forever...

Jodha came down of the roof of the palace. She sat near the window in her room...  The beautiful tune was still ringing in the air. The piece of the cloud was right before her eyes, waiting statically, perhaps to get back her response...

The melody rang in her ears, as if her very known, very own, very dear voice echoed from her heart-

Mhari priya ke jaisi kisi pe
Roop ki laali chaayi na hogi
Chatur chitare ne uske jaisi
Chhavi koi aur banaayee na hogi
Megha re...
Usko dhoondne mein koi kathinayee na hogi
Rim jhim boondo mein mere
Aansoo dijo barsaayee
Re ni megha, rahoonga mein tera re
Ke daala yahaan birha ne dera re

Gazing at the waiting cloud with hazy eyes, Jodha hummed...

Mahal jharoke mein bekal baithi
Nain jharoke se jhaank rahi hoon
Milan ke din tak jeene ko main
Birha ka vish phaank rahi hoon
Pawan re...
Apne aansoo hasi mein
Dhaak rahi hoon
Jab tak tan mein saans hai
Tab tak mann mein aas,
Yeh panchi kahin udh hi na jaave ho
Pardesi pi ki odyo aave ho...

She opened her eyes... The blurred eyesight did not let her to see the sky outside. But she could see in her heart clearly... the fresh young face standing beside a small window in a small hut and gazing at the sky; the corner of his eyes shining, the bright eyeballs filled with the intoxication of dream; and his chin being firm in determination for his love...

Dur nahi woh din ke jab
Le jaaoonga tohe
Saanche premi ka vachann
Jhoota kabhi na hoye...

She believes it; her whole conscience desperately believes it... he will come; he will find his Purnima among all the rest of the women of the world; and he will conquer her! She knows her dream is impossible... But how can someone live without living  in an impossible dream?

I will wait for you Chandrajeet! I will wait for you! Closing her eyes, Jodha murmured. A drop of tear fell from her eyes and lost in the darkness...

And, at the same time, in the same moment, far away in a resplendent room of a grand palace in a great fort, while lying on a luxurious bed beside a beautiful queen, a fresh young man was sighing from the deep of his heart... The dreams are so beautiful, but the contrast of reality makes the dreams cruel and heart-wrenching!

In a few distance from the fort of Amer, a small meeting had been held on the roof of another fort. The fort is not as old and traditional as the fort of Amer, and considerably small in size too, but the location and the construction of the fort say that the king of the fort is quite wealthy... And who knows the present king of Sonargarh fort, also says that the small king of this negligible fort is extremely ambitious. He dreams in open eyes. And his hobby is to touch his dreams...

Not much lights were gleaming on the rooftop; and there was not much people present in that meeting except three people. Three childhood friends to be exact... Raja Sagarmal, the king of the fort, was sitting on the grand seat, unmindfully gazing at the goblet of wine in his hand; Kunwar Sujamal of Amer, the childhood friend and the brother-in-law of the king, right now extremely raged after being deprived by fate excitedly citing his perspective; and Jaswant Singh, an essential sidekick of the king and Sujamal's close friend of childhood as well, quietly listening to Sujamal just like he used to do always. The darkness had enveloped the three of them, creating an enigmatic aura around them... as if the night was hiding them from the rest of the world. None of the whole universe would know how the destiny of the whole Rajputana might change based on this single casual meeting of these three young man tonight.

"That is the complete story. While pouring wine in his empty goblet, Sujamal ended the tale of his deprived luck. His brows were still joined in a frown, citing the quantity of disgust he is storing in his heart. "I would have no problem if the law says that the kingship will go to Bhagwant Das Bhaisa; but only if I could agree that he is an eligible king. He said. "But both the father and son are extremely mean-minded, coward and selfish type of person. They perhaps would not hesitate to lick the feet of their enemies when it will come to save their throne. I have to tolerate Raja Bharmal because he is my father-figure and I always had thought one day I will be free from his clutch and will get everything of my own. But right now I cannot see any future of me and my unborn child there in Amer if my dear cousin becomes the king after my uncle.

King Sagarmal looked at Sujamal quite lazily and yawned. Then he asked in a lethargic voice "My dear Sujamal, how can you do such a blunder? How come you don't know the internal law of Amer, being the son of the previous king?

There was something in Sagarmal's voice that Sujamal's voice sank. "I had heard from my grandmother, mother, even from my wet-nurses that I will become the king like my father... My father did not handed the throne to my uncle, he was given the control temporarily in the absence of my father; hence after his sudden death in war the ministry had decided to make him king as I was a mere kid that time. There is a lot of controversy in the internal system of Amer itself about the next king.  He told in a tone of giving excuse.

"I see. Look, you have two ways. You can directly demand the throne legally. A proper conference and argument in presence of the council of ministers and other wiser people might properly decide how much the throne belong to you  and whether Bhagwant Das is a righteous heir or not; but thing is, would that be helpful enough? If your uncle is really in the mood of depriving you by making his son the next king, the decision will never be from neutral perspective, and the ministry would never go against the current king. You already know what will be the result. King Sagarmal told in a very calm and cold voice.

Sujamal glared at him with dissatisfaction. Perhaps he too had the same thought in mind. "What is the other way out? He asked.

"Straight and simple. King Sagarmal took a sip. "Wedge a war and snatch the throne.

Sujamal shook his head. "No!

"Why? There was a slight touch of sarcasm in Sagarmal's lips. "Do you fear? Or you are not ready to go against your family. Understandable, they are the only family after your parent's demise- right?

"I have promised my sister. I won't harm Amer. Sujamal told in a clear voice after a while.

"A vow of a Rajput, that too to the sister. Indeed, that is an unbreakable vow. Sagarmal smiled mysteriously. "By the way, she is your sister or your cousin? As far as I can guess, you are talking about king Bharmal's daughter, the own sister of Bhagwant Das? They belong to the same blood-chain, where you are not.

"So what! Sujamal frowned a little. "I have always accepted her as my own sister, and she has that right of the sister on me.

"Right Suja. But did you forget that you have also promised something to another brother one day while asking the hand of his very dear sister? Sagarmal uttered in a very cold tone. "My sister is born to be the queen of the queens, Sujamal. I cannot let her to be a wife of a mere soldier of Amer fort. I can't!

Sujamal sighed and touched Sagarmal's shoulder. "I know Sagar. I will never forget that promise... And that's why I have come to you! He paused for a while. Then he asked- "Is there any other way?

"You might sit for a negotiation... You might ask for a fort to rule there independently. Sagarmal looked at him. "Sujamal Singh, the best sword-fighter of our batch will live his whole life being a mere owner of a fort forever then. Will it be okay for you? Or will it fulfil my expectations for my sister?

Sujamal could not say much. It becomes extremely painful to imagine such a common and colourless future for an ambitious human who has dreamt a lot right from his childhood.

"You mean war is the only way left? He said after a while, half-hearted.

Sagarmal did not tell anything and poured drink in his glass.

"War will be the reason of an unnecessary haphazard. Sujamal told. "There is already the tension of Mughal attack on all of our head. War would result in an extreme loss of manpower and might be...

"Let's come to the point. Sagarmal said all of a sudden. "Mughal attack should be our primary concern.  

"What? Sujamal sharpened his eyes.

"What do you think Suja, what will happen if by chance the Mughal force attack in any of our fort? Sagarmal's eyes suddenly shined. "They have an army ten time greater and better than ours. That is a fact. We might have valour and virtue as our inner strength; but we have to admit that we all are strong. We all are negligible. The small and discrete attacks of the Mughal force has scattered the border areas of many kingdoms completely. What will happen if they attack the forts?

"What do you want to say? Sujamal looked doubtful.

"Don't worry my friend. I am not thinking about surrendering like your brave uncle. Sagarmal laughed. "I mean we too need to build an army as strong as the Mughal Emperor... That's it.

"An army as strong as Mughals?

"Why not? Sagarmal stated excitedly. "We are blue-blood Rajputs. All of us are born as warriors. We are much higher in status than those barbaric Mughals. Then why would we fright of them? Why would we die in a war with them? Why can't we take an oath of offering the head of the leader of those barbarians in front of Maa Bhavani?

"What do you want to do? Sujamal asked in a thoughtful voice.

"You know who is the leader of those barbarians? A young boy of merely eighteen or nineteen years. He has a mentor named Bairaam Khan, who is the actual emperor. They are actually nothing in front of you and me and the thousands of valiant Rajput warriors.  They can win over us only as they are larger in number, and they are united. Sagarmal took a pause and took another sip. Then he looked at Sujamal. "We too need to be united. Not only to defend our land from those dacoits, but to construct a base of a unified empire in the name of Ekalinga-ji and Maa Bhavani defeating and throwing off those barbarians out of our land. That little Mughal insect will rot in my prison, and I will be ruling my unified empire! And Sujamal, my best friend, you will rule the whole Rajputana!

"Your dreams are gorgeous. Sujamal smiled. "But there is a huge gap between the world of dream and the real life.

"The real warrior is he, who can reduce that gap and can dare to switch himself in that world of dream, my dear friend. Sagarmal smiled. "There is nothing called impossible in this world. You think it impossible as somewhere inside you believe that you are inferior to that barbarian clan. But actually it is not. You have a great potential and you know it. I also know my own power and capacity. Why to waste that by defending a little fort life long? Why not to dream something big? He stopped to breathe and then uttered in a moderated voice. "What that young Mughal boy can achieve in a completely foreign land, can't we even dream that being a part of the most valiant clan of this land?

"You have not changed Sagar. Sujamal laughed with a touch of affection in his voice. "Say, what is your plan? To send message to the kingdoms with proposal of friendship?

"I don't believe in this. Sagarmal said. "I have to acquire the place of the leader; and none will just give me that leadership just like this. I need to win I order to ensure my position. For that I need help. And that's why I invited you with your complete army.

"But is only this much of army enough for your plan?

"We need a concrete strategy. That's it. Sagarmal signalled Jaswant and he opened a map. "Look Suja. Sagarmal pointed to the map. "There are some friend kingdoms of mine who will be with us. Then we will start with the smaller forts of Rajputana. After collecting enough power, we can think about defeating and negotiating with the bigger kingdoms in Rajputana. Once they surrender and accept our supremacy, we can wedge a war against those Mughals together. And... He pointed at the map. "Amer will be our first target. There the situation is vulnerable. The king may give in even without fighting against us... Don't worry, Sujamal. We are not going to harm Amer. Your promise is not going to break anyhow.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I want to say something.  Jaswant Singh suddenly spoke up. "Maybe Amer is vulnerable and the king is weak. But still it will not be an easy war. We need to gather more force. What about joining hand with the enemies of Amer. The king of Bhangarh is trying to collect force in order to attack Amer. If we...

"Dare you suggest joining hand with that cockroach of Bhangarh!! Sujamal stood up in excitement and grabbed the collar of Jaswant. "That idiot has ruined my sister's life! I will chop his neck off if I get him in hand.

Jaswant looked extremely insulted from his facial expression, though he was surprisingly calm when he talked. "I was suggesting to attack and to defeat Bhangarh simultaneously, Sujamal. Bhangarh's king will not abide by any king younger than him anyhow until and unless he is defeated by him. However, from that point of view too, you have to join hand with Bhangarh and work with them only. When we are opting for a bigger cause, we should keep our personal grudges aside. Isn't it?

"Exactly. Sagarmal stood up and came beside Sujamal. He patted on Sujamal's back. "Don't get so excited, Sujamal. We have to step forward very cautiously. We have to proceed very carefully, in secret... Don't take any haste decision, don't hurry...

Sujamal embarrassedly loosed Jaswant's collar. "Sorry, brother! He uttered heartily. Jaswant smiled and patted his back. "I think you should excuse him for today, Rajasa. He said with a smile then. "It is quite late of night, and he is tired out of journey. We have a whole day tomorrow to think about the strategies. I will properly explain then what I meant to say about Bhangarh.

"You are right, Jaswant. Sagarmal smiled. "Moreover, it is quite late and my sister is missing you very much! Jaswant... will you please lead him to room? I might sit here for a while to think...

"I would love to, my lord... But don't be late. Our Ranisa is also missing her husband. You know what I mean? Jaswant smiled. Sagarmal laughed. Though Jaswant is a mere subordinate and Sagarmal is the king, they have not lost the essence of their sweet childhood relationship, and both are used to in pulling each other's leg more often.

Both of Sujamal and Jaswant moved towards the inner palace silently. It took a while for Sujamal to come out of his embarrassment of insulting Jaswant for no reason. "Jaswant I am very sorry for my behaviour. I don't know how I lost my control...

"I know... I know you from childhood. Jaswant laughed. Sujamal smiled with an embarrassed face.

"By the way, Sagarmal- I mean Rajasa, is relieved to get you with him. Jaswant tried to proceed the conversation. "We were in dilemma. With the help of your army, the things will be easier.

"I never knew Sagar is planning so big sitting in this small fort. Sujamal said in an amazed voice. Jawant smiled. "Yes, things are going on from a long time. Only some of us know it well... He plans, I try to give it a structure... and this goes on. Let's see what happens... Here is your room...

Sujamal bid him good night and was about to open the door, Jaswant called him. "Suja?

"Yes?

"How is Leela?

There was something in his voice which sounded uncanny. Though Sujamal did not pay heed..."She is excellent. She talks a lot about you. You should meet her by tomorrow.

"I will.Jaswant nodded. Sujamal entered into the room. Jaswant kept on gazing at the curtains.

It was a sunny morning. The flag of Mughal dynasty was shining in the glow of sacred Sun over the top of the fort of Agra. A busy day had already started in the life inside the fort. And today, it was a special day. It was the first day of the week, and as per the rule, today the Emperor comes within the access of the common people.  In Diwan-E-Aam, the Zil-E-Ilahi emperor sits on the throne of justice, and gives the ultimate decision of someone's life as per the norms of Mughal law... This is the first court held in Agra fort; and hence remarkably important for the monarchy. The officers of the empire were already present in the court, waiting for the arrival of the emperor. Bairam Khan had become a little unmindful while waiting, suddenly greeting from a known voice got him back in the world.

"Salam Aleikum, Wazir-E-Ala!

Bairam Khan looked back. Two cunning eyes were smiling looking at him. Being a little surprised, Bairam Khan greeted back. "Aleikum Assalam, Maksud Khan. You here, in Agra?

Maksud Khan, the cousin brother of Bairam Khan's first wife, smiled sadly. "My suspension period has ended Wazir-E-Ala. I am able to join the duty from today.

"But why in Agra? You were supposed to be in Ratangarh... Bairam Khan stopped. How could he forget that fort does not belong to his devotee Maksud Khan anymore; that nincompoop bodyguard of Jalal has become the ruler of the fort. After an investigation, Maksud Khan has been demoted into a mere staff of the court with all his properties seized and a crucial warning from the majesty- that any repeat of the same complains would result in a life-long imprisonment or harassment in public. It was all Maksud Khan's luck that there was no direct witness of all he crimes he did. Otherwise, even the favour of Bairam Khan might not save him.

"Don't repeat your misdeeds again Maksud Khan. The empire will not forgive you again. Hence, Bairam Khan advised like a responsible minister. Maksud Khan smiled sarcastically. "Yes I will, Khan Sahib! What to do... I can bet each and every governor of this empire have more or less done the same things that I did only one or two times in Ratangarh; I am sure Maham Anga's son is much more big player than me... but because my luck is bad, my position is snatched by a lame idiot so easily! However, I will not do any mistake again.

Bairam Khan did not feel to answer a mere demoted staff back and turned his face. But he cannot deny that it pains. It inflames the heart. Not because his favourite Maksud Khan is punished. Because his wishes are ignored so clearly. Because a mere bodyguard got more importance than his wish. Because today Jalal did not meet him to ask for his suggestions before appearing in the court. Because nowadays Jalal does not fetch him for his help while taking the small decisions. Because nowadays Jalal goes against his wishes so easily. Because, nowadays Bairam Khan can feel that he is slowly getting side-lined. The source of fire is needed when there is darkness. It has no existence in front of the shine of Sun.

"Bah-Adab Bah-mulahiza Hosiyaar. Noor-E-Takht-E-Mughaliya Shahenshah Jalaluddin Mohammad Diwan-E-Aam me tasrif rakh rahe hay.

The devoted chants of the cheered mass welcomed the emperor in the court. While getting onto the throne, his eyes slightly met with Bairam Khan. There was a sign of courtesy and care in those eyes, but there was no touch of dependency... Bairam Khan cannot tolerate those confident eyes nowadays. He knows he should not, still he cannot help. Those confident eyes keep on reminding him that he is getting far away... the confident emperor in Jalal's heart is slowly taking away his devoted disciple from him.

Jalaluddin Mohammad sat on the throne of justice. The sunlight having fallen on his face, his face was glowing like sun. The precious gem embellished on his turban was reflecting light, the same glow was radiating from His Majesty's face... as if the lord of justice has come down in the earth.

"Proceed! The emperor announced.

Though there is a usual hue and cry about this particular day in the system, the procedure of judgement is extremely easy. The laws are already made and the Kajis, Ulemas and Maulavis take maximum of decisions regarding any matter. The rarest cases come to the emperor, that to after getting filtrated through many channels. Even it is often said as rumour that the decisions are already taken by Bairam Khan. The emperor just comes and utters his words in an attractive way.

Today the day was not anything exceptional from that point of view. Same common cases, same regular chants under a brand new banner... nothing adventurous in the courtroom drama. The list of the complains were being read, the complainer was putting his view; the convict trying to pursue his point... same things were getting repeated while suddenly something interesting took place. Some soldiers entered inside the hall while pulling a chained man mercilessly.

"This crazy criminal created havoc destruction in the farmhouse of merchant Haidar Mirza. Not only he has set fire on the farm, but also has physically manhandled Haidar Mirza. Two important commanders of the empire were also present, they have witnessed the whole incident. Haidar Mirza's head has cracked and he is under medication. The petitioner requests the lord to do justice and to give proper punishment to this destructive element who is a danger for the civilization.

Though, the so called danger was not at all looking harmful. Rather one cold only pity him. Bound in chain, wrapped in torn, blooded cloths and with deep bruises on the open parts of the body, the poor man was literally trembling. He was staring at the emperor with half-closed eyes... and his eyes were uncannily blank!

And those eyes shivered Jalal from his core. For no reason.

"Why did you do that? Jalal asked the man.

As expected, the man said nothing. He only kept on piercing Jalal's heart with those completely vacant eyes. The emptiness of his eyes was scaring Jalal. As if they are pointing directly towards the hypocrisy of the system itself!

"I asked something! Jalal said again, this time in a louder voice. But the man did not move a bit. An officer started speaking from his behalf. "This man was completely drunk when he trespassed inside the compartment with an inflaming torch in his hand. Then...

He had to stop, as Jalal raised his hand.

"I asked why he did this. He told in a calm voice.

The rest of the court was silent. Hence Bairam Khan had to come forward. "Jalal... he started. "This man is a convict of a serious crime. Kazi Sahab has already given verdict against this person. But since the incident has happened very near of the capital and the victim is an eminent personality, he has been produced in front of you. I myself have checked the reports today morning and I think he should be hanged till death in front of public... There is no other way around. Why we have to bother about the motive of the convict?

"Because behind every motive there is a pattern of mentality. And that pattern is the only key of understanding and judging a criminal. And without judging a criminal cannot be punished. Is not it, Wazir-E-Ala? Jalal himself did not understand when he starter sounding rude. But in a cold voice he kept on speaking. "He has been brought here for judgement, not for punishment. If it had been, Kazi Sahab's verdict was enough. When it did not happen, that means the scope of judgement is still there and none can suggest any kind of punishment to the majesty until the process is complete...Tell me, man, what was your intension? How come you get that courage and audacity to attack a powerful Mughal merchant in front of the generals??

Bairam Khan stepped back, exhaling a sigh of grudge from his heart. He is not at all habituated with this kind of straight-cut responses from the emperor. But he had a little to do here.  

The feeble, trembling man still did not say anything. Jalal looked at the mass behind. All had a clear sign of anxiety in their faces, but none uttered a single word. Rather, their fear prevented them from uttering a single word.

"Can't you hear??? ANSWER THE EMPEROR!! The soldier beside him shouted and dashed the man; the man was about to fall but he simultaneously pulled the chain to hold him straight and slapped him. Strangely, even after this physical torture, the blooded man did not made a little sound...

"Dare to do this again, and you will be suspended immediately from your duty! His majesty roared at the same moment, and the heart of the soldier shivered. "He is under the justice system of the empire! He is standing in front of me! You dare to put hand on him without my consent, such an audacity?? The emperor continued. "You can tell anything you want, man... I assure you, none will harm you.

The man was trembling even more. It seemed he was at the end of his physical endurance.

Jalal did something which was neither expected by the people present over there, nor even by him. He got up from the throne and walked down from the pedestal, stood in front of the man. He looked at his eyes deeply, perhaps tried to read the words of the buried pain from those vacant glares... Then, too much of the surprise of the others, he touched his shoulders with his two hands and gave him support. "Tell me... Don't be scared! Tell me...

The empty eyes suddenly got a little touch of life. The lips of the man trembled... None could hear except Jalal... "Mhari bitiya! Mhari bitiya...

Jalal kept on gazing at the lost eyes of the man. He himself did not know why his heart ached.

"Where is your daughter? He then asked in a low tone...

"I cannot understand what the reason of wasting time this way is. The Mughal monarchy has pretty good things to deal with other than hearing a story of a criminal, I suppose? Bairam Singh could not hold himself anymore.

"You are not supposed to interrupt the Majesty, Wazir-E-Ala! Samsuddin Adga Khan said with a slight amused smile at the corner of his lips.

Bairam Khan became silent after burning Samsuddin Khan with the fire of his eyes. 

"Come on... What happened to your daughter? Tell me...Jalal stirred the man again. The man could not tell anything. He was again lost.

Jalal sighed. "Call the physician to treat him and... he was about to order, but stopped as he heard a kid's shout from back... "Shahenshah... Shahenshahhh!!

"Let him come in! Jalal ordered.

A boy of age eleven or twelve ran in front. His facial expression reflected fear, but perhaps his innocence let his conscience to overcome that unlike others. Perhaps he had found a genuine assurance in the words of His Majesty. With shivering and stammering voice he put his point. "Don't kill him, Shaehnshah! I... I will tell you...

"Who are you? An officer asked.

"My name is Gopi... I work with Kaka in the farm. I have no one else... The boy started sobbing. "Kaka too has no one. Except Bindi Jiji... But even she is no more na, so he has lost his senses...

"Where is your sister? Jalal asked.

"She burnt herself...

Jalal stared at him in lost glare. Now perhaps he could understand the meaning of those vacant eyes...

"Why?? Another officer asked in wonder.

The boy started sobbing more. "Jiji had gone to fetch water from pond two days back... and she did not return. Mirza Sahab's men took her in the Haveli of Sahab. My friend who works in Haveli told me that she burnt herself there yesterday. The boy tried hard to control his sob but in vein.

In a sudden shock, Jalal looked at the face of the man. The mentally unbalanced, traumatised man was panting and trembling even now. Those vacant eyes were again lost in the sea of despair. He could not see in those eyes. He felt as if the emptiness in the glare was continuously slapping him; slapping his hypocrisy. As if they are telling him- look Jalal look; this is the real face of you; this is the real face of your great Mughal Empire! The emperor of the great Mughal dynasty, you cannot even protect the only wealth, the pride and the soul of a poor dweller of your kingdom... such a great emperor you are!

"Where was he that time, boy? Jalal uttered like a possessed man while gazing at the man.

"Kaka had gone in market of far to buy seeds. When I told him, he... The boy fell on Jalal's feet. "I don't know anything Shahenshah... he told he will burn Mirza Sahab and everyone alive... He told he will burn the whole Mughal Empire!

"HOW DARE YOU!!! All the officers and the soldiers took out their swords at once out of rage, but they had to put those down again. The emperor had raised his hand to prevent them. He was surprisingly calm even after such a big insult. His eyes ran through the mass standing behind; through all the people's faces, which were actually pale out of terror, but a very slight glow of extreme rage was also reflecting. There is a source of fire in everyone's heart... only a spark is needed.

The emperor got back to his throne. "Open the chains. He ordered. An incoherent mumbling around the people present had started.

"Was my order unclear? Jalal asked in a cold tone. "Free him from the chains and put those in hands and feet of Haidar Mirza at once. I want Haidar Mirza to be present in the court within two hours!

"B...but... My Lord... An officer in-charge stumbled. "Haidar Mirza is not in a state of coming in the court... He is seriously injured!

"Nice! Jalal smiled. "So I declare right now, that till Haidar Mirza is able to be presented in the court, all his properties will be seized and his trade license will be cancelled. He will be house-arrested in his own Haveli and my guards will ensure that he won't escape. He paused for a while and observed the expression of the silent court. "And where are the two generals, the only witness of the incident?

"Gafur Mohammad or Abu Hassan... Huzur...

Both of the generals came in front and was about to tell something, but Jalal did not give them the scope. "Both of you are suspended from this moment. An enquiry would take place right from now, and after measuring the depth of both of your involvement in this case, I will take proper step against you. He looked at the guards. "Arrest both of them at once.

"I am sorry to interrupt Your Majesty! Bairam Khan could not help anymore. "I think you are deviating from the case. This man has seriously attacked Haidar Mirza. You cannot overlook his audacity. You cannot ignore that this man has openly rebelled against...

He could not continue. Jalal had raised his hand. Bairam Khan would not be shocked so much even if someone would slap him!

"Send this man to the royal nursing home under the observations of the physicians. And this brave boy can also stay here with his uncle. The empire would take his responsibility from now on... Jalal carried on, without even seeing at Bairam Khan. "Adga Sahab... he called. "I order to build a special enquiry team right now which would report me everything about the incident within today only... Then he looked at the mass who were staring at him with surprised eyes.

"Hence, hereby I assure you all, that none of the criminals would be spared... No matter how much influential that man is, if he has done an offence to anyone of you, he will be punished! Don't be afraid to get justice! When you face any problem in any situation, free feel to come to me! The sun of justice cannot be hidden under the darkness of lie. All of my subjects are equal for me... their happiness is my happiness; their pain is my pain; their pride is my pride; their insult is my insult! I am here in this throne only for you people... And I will not let anyone of you to suffer!

He paused for a moment... and then the grand hall broke into applaud and cheers. The chant in the name of the emperor started floating in the air...

"Shahenshah Jalaluddin Mohammad Zindabaad!

And these cheers are livelier than the usual disciplined chants for the Majesty...

"Court dismissed. Jalal announced when the level of excitement was reduced a bit. He wanted a bit rest after this hectic trial... All the officers bowed down, including Bairam Khan. Jalal stood up to leave the hall. "Wazir-E-Ala... I want to meet you in private. He declared before going, without any touch of endearment in his voice.

Bairam Khan was fumed silently... And he did not notice that the man very next behind him was smirking while relishing the heat of his fume.

As he had got a hole to penetrate in the concrete wall of protection around the emperor... 

Kavya_P thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Unres Di 
Awesome chappy Di 
Poor Jodha 
When will they meet 
Wanna see them together 
Update soon Di 
Kavya_P thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Kavya_P-

Unres Di 
Awesome chappy Di 
Poor Jodha 
When will they meet 
Wanna see them together 
Update soon Di 

Thanks for pm Di 
konica.arora.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow fabulous chapter dear
New Jalal
Change for good
Keep updating 😃
kartikaJA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
lovely update
I hope they meet soon
waiting for your next update
thanks for pm
Rahiramesh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb
Jalal is on the way of becoming the mighty emporer who was known for his justice out of the shadows of all influencers
Beautifully written Jalal state of heart which he is unable to find a person who would understand, while even Jodha misses him
Sujamal is trying ways to see how he can get back Amer

Continue soon
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: --cute.manasi--

idhar bhi update...😲

I am on fire
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rahiramesh

Superb

Jalal is on the way of becoming the mighty emporer who was known for his justice out of the shadows of all influencers
Beautifully written Jalal state of heart which he is unable to find a person who would understand, while even Jodha misses him
Sujamal is trying ways to see how he can get back Amer

Continue soon

Thank you for such a wonderful comment dear!🤗
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: kartikaJA

lovely update
I hope they meet soon
waiting for your next update
thanks for pm

Thank you😳