Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meghz99 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Preeti di... Can you please stop mentioning Preet as Mannu's friend all the time... She has an identity of her own... It's as if you are trying desperately to prove that they are only friends... Relax...we get it! Instead of saying that they were flirting with his friend you can say they were flirting with Preet... Mannu should be thinking of her as Preet not his friend... Okay, she's his friend but who refers to their friend as 'friend' even when they are thinking? We always use name right? It is kind of weird that Mannu is referring to her without the usage of name... I hope I haven't offended you... It is just the suggestion of a friend!!! ðŸ˜³
rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meghateresa

Preeti di... Can you please stop mentioning Preet as Mannu's friend all the time... She has an identity of her own... It's as if you are trying desperately to prove that they are only friends... Relax...we get it! Instead of saying that they were flirting with his friend you can say they were flirting with Preet... Mannu should be thinking of her as Preet not his friend... Okay, she's his friend but who refers to their friend as 'friend' even when they are thinking? We always use name right? It is kind of weird that Mannu is referring to her without the usage of name... I hope I haven't offended you... It is just the suggestion of a friend!!! ðŸ˜³

What are you saying?  I wrote Preet not friend.  Wait let me check.  
rani7131 thumbnail
I'm so sorry!!!. I was sure that I wrote Preet. Stupid phone.  I'll correct it right away.
rani7131 thumbnail
Corrected!! I'll check the other chapter now.  Next time I'll double check before posting. Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago
rani7131 thumbnail
               Chapter  10.

In the Pahuja House 

Manu  sighed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously and looked up at Preet.  Preet was sitting on the bed, looking around the room. Both of them were uncomfortable, especially Preet; which was quite understandable as she has never been with a stranger in an enclosed room.  Of course she knew Manu,  but that still didn't help.  Maan Singh and Balvinder only allowed her to meet Manu on their or her cousins' presence. 'Quite typical of them.' Manu thought, leaning back against the chair. Manu came out of thought when he heard his phone ring.  Without looking at the ID he answered the call.

" Are you out of your mind."  Amba yelled through the other end. 

"Mummy Ji" Manu almost immediately stood up from the chair, getting Preet attention. Before Manu could even get a word out. Amba yelled at him again. 

" Why did you take those two girls; from Pava house, with you in Mumbai?! How many people do you need to sell a plot. You already have Sukhi" she went on.There was a momentarily pause, after which Amba said again, this time in a suspicious tone " Have you went there to work or to entertain yourself with those  girls',"

" Mummy, what are you saying!" Manu exclaimed, shocked.  He never expected that his mother would think, that he called Preet and Neha to. God!  "You're getting it all wrong. I only called Preet to help me with the paper work. She used to help me in Gaguwal as well. Remember how she helped me out to sell the land in Gaguwal to that guy from Delhi."

" You sure.." Amba asked, sounding suspicious.   

"Trust me. That's the only reason I called her here and asked to bring Neha, along to keep her company."Manu lied. He quickly covered his mouth to stop the hiccups  

"Ok. Fine. Finish the work there and come  quickly. We have to do a lot of preparation for Gunjan wedding." With that Amba ended the call. 

Manu removed his hand from his mouth and started hiccuping loudly. Seeing this,  Preet quickly handed him a glass of water, which he gulped down in a breath.  

" Is everything ok " Preet asked, concerned. Manu just nodded in reply, sitting down in the chair after his fit; of hiccups has subsided. He looked up, and as soon as he did his gaze met with Preets' worried one. He remembered Amba's words and almost suddenly, Manu felt his face heat up. He quickly averted his gaze from her. Manu jumped when he felt Preets' hand on his shoulder. 

"Everything will be fine" Preet said in a soothing tone. Not trusting his voice Manu just nodded,  shifting uncomfortably. 'What should I do?' Manu thought. 

Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago
Meghz99 thumbnail
Can't say Amba is wrong this time... She's right as a mother... Mannu shouldn't have taken Preet to an unknown place like that! It is wrong... 
rani7131 thumbnail

Can't say Amba is wrong this time... She's right as a mother... Mannu shouldn't have taken Preet to an unknown place like that! It is wrong... 

lol. He didn't take her in the first place, they came on their own🤣. I won't blame Amba either if I was in her place I would have also doubted him
rani7131 thumbnail
                Chapter  11

At the Pava House: -

" Seriously Veerji couldn't you come up with anything better? Cause of you Manu will be in trouble." Lakhan scolded his brother. 

"Oh, Really? Then why didn't you come up with some other excuse."Tej argued, his lips curved into a snarl

"Cause, he trusts you more than me" Lakhan stated in a matter of fact tone. 

Tej sharply turned around and glowered at his brother. "He would have also trusted you if you weren't so reckless." Tej remarked, pointing a finger at Lakhan  "You never listen to him.  You always busy playing that damn flute." 

Lakhan groaned. Renting out an annoyed sigh, he said"Seriously now where did my flute came in between all this. If anything happens, you only know to blame on my poor flute. " Lakhan shook his head dejectedly before glaring at his brother. " You never admit your mistake. Even before I took up wrestling and even before Father created this new schedule for me I used to help you. I rarely played the flute"

Tej just huffed and stormed upstairs towards his room  

"This time is your fault.  You know father would have believed anything that you said blindly,  yet you didn't help."Lakhan yelled at Tej  "You know how Amba Aunty. You not only put our friend, but you too put our sister in trouble" 

"You know what? I don't care!." Tej shouted back, slamming shut the  doorway of his room. Lakhan let out another sigh. At the moment talking to his brother won't take him anywhere. 

Softly, he headed towards the kitchen to help himself with a cup of coffee. He had to keep an eye on the Bajwa Haveli tonight. The Bajwa were quite calm, even after the announcement of Gunjan marriage. Even Mohini didn't take any action to end the engagement, which was quite fishy. She wasn't the one to take things calmly. Gunjan marriage with Aman meant defeat to her, and she never accepted her defeat. Reaching the kitchen,  Lakhan took out the necessary ingredients he needed to prepare the coffee. 

"Devar Ji, what are you doing here at this hour." Lakhans' rather overweight Parchai asked him.

" Making coffee."  Lakhan said smoothly.

At that, his Parchai eyes widen in shock " You could have just asked me.  Why bother yourself?" 

Lakhan poured the milk in a small vessel "Nah! It's ok, Parchai. I like to do it myself." He said gently, placing the vessel on the stove turning it on.  Lakhan was still shocked as how did his brother readily agreed to this marriage. Not like he dislike this relation or his parchai. Supreet was a very kind and loving lady. She was an excellent cook, she cleaned and kept the house spick and span. Not only that she had a good sense of humour. She has surprisingly never questioned  his interest in music or made fun of it. She was fun to be with and Lakhan really enjoyed her company. She was alike a second mother to him and overall a perfect life partner for his brother The thing is that he didn't think Tej would like this Rishta. The woman was quite overweight, and Tej was completely opposite of her.  Tall, strong, handsome, girls of their pind swooned at him. Besides, his brother was quite a nostalgic person, like his father. Lakhan could see why his mother choose Supreet. She would take good care of Tej rather than the other girls of his pind, who simply loved him for his looks.

" You haven't yet had your supper" Supreet complained. 

" I'm not feeling hungry," he  muttered, turning off the stove. He poured the milk in a mug in which he had added coffee mix and sugar before hand. 

"First have your supper, then drink that," Supreet said sternly snatching the mug out from him." You skipped your breakfast this morning.  I didn't say anything as you were already late for your college. But this time I'm not going to listen to any of your excuses. Lakhan shrugged and sat along the table as Supreet served him food.  'I guess Veerji just compiled to Ma wishes,  he is not exactly happy with this rishta' Lakhan mused.

At the Pahujas House :-

"Got it" Manu exclaimed as he hopped of  the chair, startling Preet.  Before Preet could question him,  Manu ran out of the room without any explanation.  Preet gaped, staring at the doorway. Moments ago, he was worried and now. Preet shrugged and went to bathroom to fresh up. Minutes later, Manu came back in the room.

" You can stay in Nehas room tonight."Manu gleefully informed Preet.

"Really?"  Preet queried.

"Yes. I talked to Mrs. Pahuja and convinced her that Neha is scared to sleep alone in a new place."

" That's wonderful!" Preet cheered happily and set about to pack her stuff. Manu chuckled,'She is just like a kid' he thought fondly. Preet covered her face with a veil and went to Neha room, not before thanking Manu. Manu couldn't help but grin.  At least she can relax now. And since that is done, Manu frowned 'Now let's check on the Pahuja and see what they are exactly plotting against my family.'

At the Pava House :-

Supreet carefully stepped inside her room, with the tray in her hand. She smiled at her husband who was sitting on the table looking over a file. "Ji" She called out.  

"Hm.. What is it?" Tej asked, yet looking at his file.  

"I brought, dinner for you." 

Tej sighed and laid the file back with other files.  " You could have just called me." Tej sighed, walking towards his wife and took the tray from her hand "I would have come down stairs"  

" But DevarJi said your busy. So I brought dinner upstairs"  Supreet said smiling lovingly at Tej   

"That Idiot" Tej grumbled placing The tray on the table. 

Supreet, looked at the huge stack of files set on the table. She then looked back at Tej who was again working on the same file.  Supreet was about to say something but held back.  

Tej looked up at Supreet who was still standing beside him, patiently."You want to say something?"

Supreet nodded"Yes,  that..." she fumbled "I wanted to ask that... Will you please ask Papa Ji to reduce some work from  Devar Ji schedule" Tej arched an eyebrow, giving Supreet an amused expression. "I mean.Please don't get me wrong." Supreet suddenly blurted out. "I didn't intend to say that PapaJi is putting too much work on him, it's just that Devar Ji exams are coming close so" she trailed off. 

Tej stood up from  his seat, his tall form towering over Supreet.  Supreet looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry," she said, her voice down to a whisper. She didn't want to anger him. Lakhan looked so worn out. And as his exam was nearing she thought he might need some time to revise his lessons and to unwind. 

"Why are you apologizing" Tej asked in an amused tone. Supreet, looked up at Tej as he continued "And, I believe you are right." 

"Really?"

"Yes. And besides, this is the first time you have asked me something. So don't worry, I'll talk to father about this." 

Supreet face lit up with delight. "Thank you," she exclaimed. She hugged Tej and said "I love you"

"I love you, too" Tej replied dutifully, hugging  her back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow I have an important meeting and as I won't be able to update tomorrow I updated today.  Sorry for the grammatical errors and writing style. 

Meghz99 thumbnail
That Supreet scene was so cute... I like this new ship... By the way I am angry at you for not mentioning that Tej was married earlier... I am having a heartbreak 
rani7131 thumbnail

That Supreet scene was so cute... I like this new ship... By the way I am angry at you for not mentioning that Tej was married earlier... I am having a heartbreak 

lol sorry I thought you had crush on Lakhan ðŸ˜†. So I left that poor boy single🤣. Though eventually I'll get him married as well.(Sorry.🤣)
I did mention that Tej is older than Lakhan.  And in villages I guess people get married earlier, right?? Glad you like the chapter. Do you want to see any scene?