Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago
thanks 4 updating! lovely update! well written! Geet plan works n Mami helps her! update soon 
khwaishfan thumbnail
waiting 4 next 
MSK_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow.. You updated finally.. Thank you!🥳
Loved the update but i want to see more maaneet parts! Please show their romance too!!😳
taahir004 thumbnail
Fantastic Part 

Geet bossing around Maan was so cool and forcing him to eat 

khwaishfan thumbnail
please update... 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

CHAP 14. LET'S TALK!

Geet smiled as she got down the stairs of KC with Khushi. Yesterday Maamiji had heard Anjali and Geet's conversation and gave Geet an advice. And today Geet was going to implement that advice. The advice was quiet simple: Stop being a kabab mein haddi between Khushi and Arnav! What would happen then? The romance between them would bloom. Or atleast that's what Geet thought her MJ was telling them. Who knows what she was rambling in her broken English. But Geet got the gist and planned to leave them alone. She also had the perfect excuse ready for it.

"What the...! What the hell do you mean?, Arnav cried out once Geet told him her decision.

Geet rolled her eyes. Why is her brother so dense? "Arre AB! I meant exactly what I said! I am working late so I am not coming home with you!, Geet explained again.

Arnav growled, "What do you think I am? Your driver at your beck and call. Daily I leave my evening meetings and come to pick you up and now you don't want to come with me? Samajhke kya rakha hai mujhe!

Geet rolled her eyes again, "Offo Bhai! Its work. Kaam mein toh delay hoga hi na! Ab main kya client ko jaake bolun, I am sorry Sir, mein aapka design aaj nahi de sakti kyunki mera Bhai mujhe pick up karne aaya hai! How ridiculous does that sound!

"Don't argue with me!, Arnav growled.

"And don't you growl at me!, Geet hissed.

"I will. Kya karlegi?, Arnav frowned.

Geet smiled widely, "AD ko bol dungi!

Arnav's eyes narrowed, "Why do you always bring Anjali Di into this?

"Always? When did I do it before this?, Geet placed her hands on her hips and glared at him.

Just as Arnav opened his mouth to retort, a quiet voice spoke up, "Aap log please jhagda mat keejiye!

Arnav and Geet turned to look at Khushi who tried to make herself look smaller at their glance.

Geet huffed, "You know what, AB! Lets continue our argument in the evening. Right now mein jaa rahi hun, aap Khushi ko ghar chod dena!

Geet turned around to walk away when she heard Arnav roar, "What!

Geet whirled around only to see Arnav glare at her, "Why should I drop her?

Geet had the bad urge to strangle her brother. Uff Babaji! Yeh kyun nahi samajhte? Main inki life mein chaar chaand lagaane ki koshish kar rahi hun, aur yeh hain ki apne hi paaon pe kuraadi maarte hain! Ab kya jaroorat hai Khushi ke saamne uske baare mein itna rudely baat karne ki!

"Yes! You are dropping her and that's final!, Geet even stomped her feet.

"Or what? You will tell your beloved AD?, Arnav snarled at her.

Geet simply gave him a wide smile, "Nope! I will just tell Aakash that you refuse to drop his Saali. And then I will tell MJ and DJ about the way you treat the sister of their future bahu! And then I will even tell your idol Maan Singh Khurana and his family about it. Let them also know how rude and cruel their favourite person is!

Arnav gritted his teeth, "You are blackmailing me!

"Nope. I am negotiating., Geet retorted.

Arnav took a deep breath trying to calm himself down, "You drive a very hard bargain!

Geet smiled, "I know. Take Khushi to her house. I will come later with Aakash Veere. I will ask him to pick me up! Geet turned around and walked off.

Arnav sighed and then turning towards where Khushi stood, he spoke up, "Chalo Khushhh... He was surprised to see no one standing there. Where is this girl? Where did she go? He looked around in worry only to see her head off towards somewhere. Ab yeh kahaan chali? Uff! As if one mad Geet isn't enough, I have got another crazy girl in my hands too. Yeh Khushi bhi na!

"Hey! Where are you going?, Khushi heard Arnav snarl. She stiffened and then turned around, "Hum kahin bhi jaayein, aapko isse kya! Aapko toh humein drop nahin karna, haina?, Khushi snarled back.

"What?, Arnav was now annoyed, "What are you babbling about? Anyway, get in the car right now!

"Aap humein hokum de rahe hain? Aap hote kaun hai humein hokum dene waale?, Khushi's hands went to her hips as she glared at Arnav.

Arnav pursed his lips and took a long breath to calm himself down. He didn't have time for this rubbish, "Look Khushi! Chup chaap car mein baitho!

"Nahi!, Khushi huffed and even stomped her foot.

Arnav had enough. Khushi could only watch with wide eyes as Arnav grabbed her hand and dragged her off to the car. "Arnavji!, she squealed but it was of no use. He simply ignored her and almost threw her into the seat.

Khushi could only watch with shock as Arnav slammed her door shut and came to the driver's seat. She huffed and folded her arms against her chest. Agar inhein lagta hai ki hum koi gaai hain jise yeh kahin bhi aur kaise bhi ghaseet sakte hain, toh yeh bewakoof hain!

"Yeh kya kar rahe hain aap? Aapki himmat kaise hui humaare saath iss tarah badtameezi karne ki?, Khushi glared at Arnav but he totally ignored her. She huffed at his silence and decided to ignore him too.

Both remained quiet for a while and then Arnav stopped the car. Khushi could only watch with confusion as he stepped out and went somewhere. In few minutes he came back and Khushi's eyes widened. His hand held an ice-cream cone. She was surprised when he handed the ice cream to her and sat stiffly. She looked at the ice cream and then at Arnav. Kya inhonein humaare liye... She smiled softly. Yeh bhi na, ajeeb hain! Saary bolne ke jagah, ice cream thama dete hain!

Arnav felt a smile come on his face as he saw Khushi smiling. He felt very bad at how rude he behaved with her by dragging her so roughly. So he had gotten her some ice cream hoping it would melt her anger. And obviously it worked.

Khushi ate her ice cream and couldn't stop herself from talking to Arnav.

"Waise yeh achcha tareeka hai logon ko manaane ka! Kisi ko ghussa dilaao aur phir ice cream deke use manaao!, Khushi commented.

"Manaao? Main tumhein nahi manaa raha!, Arnav commented, his body language stiff and his eyes looking straight as if avoiding Khushi's eyes.

Khushi smiled mischievously, "Arre! Humne kab kahaa, ki aap aisa karte ho! Hum toh bas aise hi bol rahe the!

Arnav rolled his eyes and Khushi giggled.

"Waise thanku! Kal ke golgappe ke liye! Humein bada mazaa aaya! Lekin aapko pehle wahaan se khareedne mein kyun aitraaz tha? Achcha toh the woh golgappe!, Khushi chattered.

Arnav couldn't resist from butting in, "How can you like those? They were roadside! Pata nahi kitne germs the usmein! Yuck!

Khushi huffed, "Aisa kuch nahi hai! Hum bachpan se khaa rahe hain raste pe! Aaj tak kuch nahi hua!

Arnav shrugged, "That's coz you are lucky! But I still stand by my words, yeh bahut dangerous hai!

Khushi chuckled, "Aap ameer log aur aapke chonchle!

"Its not chonch... What the hell was that?, Arnav frowned.

Khushi let out a laugh, "Chonchle! Arnavji! Chonchle! Yaani ki nakhre!

"Nakhre? I don't do nakhre!, Arnav pouted and Khushi had the bad urge to pinch his cheeks. Bilkul bachche jaise dikhte hain.

"Achcha? Toh roz ka aapka, "Main Khushi ko ghar nahi le jaaunga! kya hai? Sab nakhre hi toh hain!, Khushi commented.

"Listen! I don't do nakhra! ASR doesn't do nakhra! I have a style and status to adhere to! And I lack patience, that's all!, Arnav clarified.

Khushi shrugged, "Hum ise nakhre hi kahenge! Khushi didn't notice that for the first time she was speaking freely with Arnav. Every time she was in car with Arnav, Geet was around and she always talk about general things with other two. Also, with Arnav's rude behaviour, things were little awkward between them. But with Geet not there and the ice cream breaking the ice between Arnav and Khushi, Khushi was able to speak freely now.

"Its not nakhre dammit!, Arnav growled as he pointed his finger at her.

Khushi's eyes narrowed at the finger in front of her and she hooked her Index finger to it and pulled it towards her, "Nakhre! Nakhre! Nakhre! Sab aapke nakh... Khushi shut up as her pulling his finger had pulled Arnav towards her and he had turned to look at her in surprise. Their eyes clashed and words vanished from Khushi's lips.

Arnav couldn't blink, he couldn't think; he was frozen as he stared at Khushi. For few seconds he couldn't breathe as his eyes drowned into Khushi's eyes. Beautiful eyes! Is that hazel color or is it coffee? Arnav's thoughts went off into a tangent as he simply couldn't look away from Khushi. Khushi also felt her stomach somersault as Arnav's eyes captured her attention and she couldn't look away. She gulped and then wet her lips. Her action drew Arnav's eyes to her lips and then they flicked back to her eyes as if unsure of the emotions erupting inside him. His heart sped up and breath came out of his mouth in short bursts. He had the bad urge to lean forward and take her lips into his when suddenly ... Chalo Maiyya Ke Bhavar Bhavar Chalo Maiyya Ke...Khushi's phone rang, shattering the silence and bringing them crashing into the reality.

Arnav pulled away with a jerk as he blinked in shock. What the hell...? What did just happen? Meanwhile Khushi was also unable to understand what just happened. Why was she having trouble breathing? Why was her stomach doing somersaults? She was totally confused. Her phone stopped ringing and that's when Khushi noticed that her ice cream had begun to melt and was flowing down her hand. She grinned and licked her hand. Arnav saw her action and his eyes widened. Yuck! So gross! And I am going gaga over this girl! What the!

Suddenly, Arnav slammed on the accelerator and focused on reaching Khushi's home right away. I need to get away right now! Khushi blinked in surprise at how angry Arnav looked. Then she shrugged. Who cares! Waise bhi yeh itne nakhrebaaz hain ki inka kuch nahi kahaa ja sakta! Kab kis cheez pe ghussa honge, pata nahi! Before she knew it, the car reached her home and just as she got down, the car drove off not even allowing her to say thank you. Khushi simply looked at the car incredulously and then shrugged and walked off. Bade ajeeb insaan hain!

Geet sighed in annoyance as she cut the call. Its 9 in the evening. How the hell am I supposed to reach home? Geet might have used working late as her excuse but she actually didn't have anything to do in the office. So she had decided to go through some old files and check out the old projects. After all, working in KC had been her dream since her teenage and if she wanted to work here, she needed to be familiar with the company's work as much as possible. Before Geet knew it, she was lost in the world of architecture and was surprised to learn that it was almost 9 in the evening. Hey Babaji! She had gotten out of Sasha's cabin only to realise how deserted the office was! Only Maan's cabin had its light on and Geet knew that it was because Maan tended to work late too. She had trudged down then through lift and called Aakash only to come to know through his secretary that he was in a meeting and will be free after 10 only. And that is why Geet was worried. She didn't know how to reach home.

Ek minute! Geet snapped her fingers! AB! SJ! Yeh dono ko main call kar sakti hun! Yay! She cheered and dialled her AB's number! He might scold me a little and throw some barbs at me but atleast I won't standing in late evening in such a deserted industrial area. Just as the phone started to ring, the ringing stopped. She frowned. Yeh kya hua? She looked at the screen and her eyes widened. Oops! Battery died! Ab kya karun? Babaji! Help! She looked around in worry. I can catch a bus! Lekin mujhe toh yeh bhi nahi pata ki kaunsa bus Shantivan ke taraf jaata hai! Aur yahaan toh koi rickshaw bhi nahi! Lo! Chali thi AB ki madat karne aur khud ke liye hi musibat khadi kardi! She looked up, "Dekho Babaji! Yeh sahi nahi hai! Main toh kitna achche nek kaam kar rahi thi! Do dil ko mila rahi thi! Ek rishta bana rahi thi! Aur aapne mujhe hi musibat mein daal diya? Mujhe kuch nahi pata! Ab aap hi mujhe ghar pahunchaao! Ab aap...

"Geet! Kisse baat kar rahi ho?, came a voice and Geet whirled around. There stood Maan looking at her in confusion. Geet smiled, "Babaji se!

"Kya?, Maan frowned.

Geet's face lit up and she nodded, "Haan! Mujhe na Babaji se baat karne ka bada shauk hai! Woh toh mere best friend hain! Mere har problem ka solution wahi toh dhundhte hain!

Maan blinked in confusion and then nodded. Crazy girl! He walked off when suddenly he stopped, "Wait a minute! He turned around, "Geet! Tum yahaan kya kar rahi ho itni raat ko? He double checked his watch just to make sure he had the right time. I am right. Its after 9 PM. Itni raat ko, yeh yahaan?

Geet smiled uneasily. Ab inhein kya bataaun! Ki jaal bun rahi thi Bhai ke liye aur apne hi aapko phasa gayi! Uff! She noticed Maan looking at her expectantly and realised that he still wanted an answer from her, "Woh main... KC ke old files padh rahi thi aur usmein time kaise nikla pata hi nahi!

Maan nodded, "Aur ghar kaise jaaogi?

Geet bit her lip and looked at him sheepishly, "Iske baare mein hi Babaji se baat kar rahi thi! Unse keh rahi thi ki mere liye koi ghar jaane ka zariya bataa do! Lekin yeh hain ki kuch bolte hi nahi! She huffed as she glared at the sky. Maan stared at her for a second incredulously. I can drop her too! Didn't that click into her brain? Her solution is here and she is still wondering about it! And then unable to resist he teased her, "Are you sure tumhaare Babaji ne ab tak koi solution nahi bheja? Maan didn't know what got into him that made him behave so impishly. May be it was the innocent way Geet talked to her Babaji, or maybe it was her pouting expression or maybe it was the smile she tended to throw at him! Whatever it was, it made him leave his guard down and relax and joke around her. Maybe its because she is my best friend's sister and my best friend always makes me feel relax, Maan tried to reason. But in his heart, he knew being Anjali's sister was not the reason that made his serious demeanour vanish.

Geet broke into her thoughts by replying to his query, still looking at the sky, "Nahi! Babaji ne abhi tak nahi bheja! Ab main ghar kaise jaaun? She looked at Maan pitifully and Maan couldn't resist from chuckling. Geet frowned in anger, "Mr. Khurana! Aap mujhpe has kyun rahe ho?

"Hasun nahi toh kya karun Geet?, Maan chuckled again, "Tumhaare saamne main khada hun, theek usi waqt aaya hun jab tumhein tumhaare problem ki solution ki jaroorat thi aur abhi bhi tum yeh soch rahi ho ke tumhaare Babaji ne koi solution nahi bheja?

Geet's jaw dropped open, "Arre haan! Babaji ne solution already bhej diya! Aap! Aur main yunhi unhein kos rahi thi! She looked up sheepishly, "Sorry haan Babaji! Maan shook his head amusedly. Yeh Geet bhi kya ladki hai!

"Chalo Geet! Car mein baitho! I will drop you!, Maan said and Geet happily nodded. Before she knew, they were sitting in the car and driving off.

Geet remained silent for few minutes but then she couldn't resist. She had to speak! After all, she was seated beside her AD's best friend and her dream boss. And that's just not it. She was sitting beside THE MSK! He has such an interesting personality. Inke interviews toh hamesha hi hatke hote hain! And kuch bhi kehlo, magazines photo don't do him justice! And today I am sitting with him with a chance to pick at his brains! Hey Babaji! What more do I want!

So then Geet opened her mouth, "Waise kya aap Babaji mein vishwas karte ho?, the moment the question was out of her mouth, she cringed. GEET! Yeh kya sawaal pooch liya! Tujhe duniya ka sabse bada architect banna hai, Babaji pe thesis nahi likhni! THE MSK, Architect ke duniya ka King tere saamne hain, aur tu hai ki Babaji ka naam jap rahi hai! Tera kuch nahi ho sakta! Uff!

Maan blinked in surprise. So many girls have tried to talk to me. Some praised my career, some went gaga over my body, some even asked questions about my family! No wonder I am fascinated by her. Sometimes she fights back against injustice and sometimes she bossily drags me to the dance floor. Sometimes she quarrels with her Babaji innocently and sometimes she ends up asking me a question that is totally out of box! Geet! Tum bahut interesting ho!

Geet frowned. Yeh kuch bol kyun nahi rahe hain? "Mr. Khurana! Maan Saab!

"Huh? Kya?, Maan came out of his thoughts.

"Maine aapse kuch poocha!, she said weakly, mentally still scolding herself for asking such a simple question when she could have asked so many other important things.

Maan nodded, "Haan! Main Babaji ko manta hoon! Lekin kabhi unse baat nahi ki jaise tum karti ho!

He looked at her with a smile and she smiled back.

"Waise tumne yeh sawaal kyun poocha?, Maan asked wondering.

Geet shrugged, "Bas aise hi! Mujhe na chuppi pasand nahi! Toh socha aapse sawaal poochke thodi baat cheet karloon!

Maan nodded and then frowned as a thought came to his mind. He decided to ask Geet about it, "Geet! Kya main tumse sawaal pooch sakta hoon?

Geet grinned widely, "Haan! Haan! Kyun nahi! Shauk se poochiye!

Maan took a deep breath knowing very well that his question was going to open the wounds that were just starting to close, "Tumhein darr nahi laga un gundon se bhaagte waqt? This was one question that intrigued Maan. The question was not about being scared. What Maan wanted to know was when others were ready to bow down to her family and accept their atrocities due to fear, how come Geet didn't bow down? Didn't she have any fear?

Geet understood his question and also the meaning behind it, "Laga tha! Bahut darr laga tha!, she whispered, "Lekin darr se bada dard tha, apni saheli ko marte hue dekhne ka dard, choti umar mein usse uske jeene ke haq khone ka dard! Aur phir mujhe AD aur AB ki kahaani yaad aayi! Kaise unke parivar waalon ne unhein unke ghar se nikaal diya! Aur mujhe realise hua, ki main AD aur AB ke liye kuch na kar saki! Lekin Channi ke liye toh kuch kar hi sakti hun! Uss anyaay ko rok nahi paayi, aur naahi Channi par hue anyaay ko rok saki! Lekin use insaaf toh dila sakti thi! Bas isliye lad padi!

For few seconds, there was silence and then Maan spoke, "You are very brave, Geet!

Geet whispered thanks and remained quiet. But after a while, she, as usual, couldn't handle the silence. Moreover, Maan's serious question had left an awkward vibe in the air and Geet wanted to desperately dispel it.

Par poochoon toh kya poochoon? Geet wondered. She turned to look at Maan as she wondered what question to ask him. And then an idea came and she blurted out, "Agar aapko main yeh kahoon ki uss waqt mujhe bahut darr laga, toh kya aap abh bhi mujhe brave kahenge?

Maan smiled softly, "Brave matlab woh nahi jo nidarr ho! Brave woh jo darr ke hote hue bhi aage badhe! He glanced at her and Geet smiling softly looked away.

"Waise..., Geet began, mischief shining in her eyes, "Aapko kabhi darr laga Mr Khurana?

Maan frowned, "Yeh Mr. Khurana kya hai?

Geet huffed, "Baat mat ghumaayiye Mr. Khurana! Aur aap mere boss ho, isliye Mr. Khurana!

Maan looked at her with pleasant expression on his face, "Boss office mein! Yahaan main tumhaari Di ka dost hun!

"Theek hai!, and then Geet giggled, "Maan Saab!

Maan cringed and Geet broke out laughing. Maan turned to glare at Geet for calling him with a name he hated the most only to be stupefied. Geet was laughing her heart out and Maan couldn't look away. His heartbeat sped up and Maan had to use all of his mental strength to pull his eyes away and focus on the road.

"Theek hai! Maan bulaaungi! Ok?, Geet finally spoke once her laughter calmed down, "Waise you have yet to answer my question! Aapko kabhi darr laga?

Maan hesitated and then nodded. Geet's eyes widened, "Kab?, she asked excitedly. She wondered what his answer would be. First presentation, first deal with International clients. No! Wait! His Architecture exams! When was he scared? She waited with bated breath for his answer.

Suddenly Maan mumbled something and Geet frowned, "Ki? I didn't catch you! Maan closed his eyes as if embarrassed and then opening his eyes, he spoke up, "Cockroach! I mean when I was a kid, not now... but I...! Maan couldn't say anything more.

Geet blinked. And then blinked. Her jaw dropped open. Maan glanced at her and then looked away. This is so embarrassing! And then Geet broke down laughing. Maan gripped his steering tightly as he glared at the road. But after a while even he couldn't stop himself from laughing.

Suddenly, Geet screamed, "MAAN! COCKROACH!

Maan rolled his eyes and grumbled, "Very funny Geet! Bachpan mein darta tha Geet! Bachpan is the key word here!

Geet started to laugh again and Maan also couldn't resist from chuckling. And off they went with laughter and talks to Shantivan where Maan dropped Geet. Geet didn't know but that was the night she started to hold a special place in Maan Singh Khurana's heart.

Aww! Wasn't that cute? What do you think people?

Hope you like this chapter!

Thank you, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved part 14 👏
Arshi and Maneet having conversation.
Eager for the next part.
fict thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely update. One side Arnav and Khushi talking normally and other side Maan opening up with Geet. Geet's talk with Babaji and Maan's scene was super cute.loved it. 
khwaishfan thumbnail
hey thanks 4 updating! superb update, well written! finally Maaneet talk! update soon
khwaishfan thumbnail
waiting for Chap 15, thanks