Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: swetiii

😲😭 at this cliffhanger? 

I want to write my best so giving myself time. 😆
selvi1275 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Stuti...I didn't realise Chap:20 is New one...
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: selvi1275

Hey Stuti...I didn't realise Chap:20 is New one...

😲 😡

Read fast!😡😆 Abhi!
swetiii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shinning_Stuti

I want to write my best so giving myself time. 😆

Bilkul right 

Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

CHAPTER 21:

Jalal's habituated ears could hear the neigh of the horse long before it was at the range of his eyesight. Strangely his heart started beating double as in his mind he felt as if he knows this neigh very much. But then he convinced himself... He was overthinking, every horse has the same sound! Really, Amer has given him the most beautiful thing of his life, but it has snatched the most valuable things from him too! He knows he has no way to find Tufaan now, perhaps he has lost his dear horse forever!

He should have left the hut by now, but he was still here for two reasons. First one, after the dreamy last night, while floating in that heavenly dream he actually got asleep in the early morning. No matter how much he wanted to convince himself with the true fact, the restlessness of his forbidden love was driving him out all the time, he was not even able to sleep. The last night, her eyes, her assurance, her confessions, her tears and her touch has brought him back the peace he wanted in his heart. Now despite knowing he is never going to see her ever, despite burying the burden of the agony of love in heart, he was in peace... The storm inside his heart has stopped when her pains rained as tears; and the fire burning inside cooled down, when their lips mingled with each-other, to make their last moment a memorable one... He was sad now, but was satisfied as well!

And secondly, he was really looking forward to the horse which Purnima promised... Not that he wants a luxury of riding horse now; but as at this final moment he does not want to ignore Purnima's concern for him. If Purnima thinks he needs a ride to cross the dessert as he is weak, he will not disrespect that thought. He will take this small favour from her, as he needs to store the feel of gratitude inside his heart as a blessing of love!  

The sound of the horse's hoot was coming closer. Jalal hoped it was the horse that Purnima promised him to give. He tried to analyse the sound and got a bit surprised. The horse was running like wind. It seems the rider of the horse is out of control in rage and that is reflected on the speed of the horse. It shocked him for a while, but after that he was afraid. So, are the horse and the rider coming to arrest him after getting any clue? But if that, then there must be a troop of soldiers; but he can hear the sound of one horse only.

He decided to get out and see. Poor he had only a dagger as a weapon for him defence for now, he took that in hand and got out of the hut. He could see the horse now, running at a speed of storm towards him. He could also see the rider of the horse and even from the distance could recognise her...

"Purnima... now, in this attire? He murmured in surprise.

He also walked towards the horse to see from close. Yes, he was not wrong. She is Purnima, in the same attire she was at the first night they met, and surprisingly, she was not looking like a fresh beam of moonlight today, she was blazing like devastating fire, ready to destroy everything... Her big eyes are red, full of tears of uncontrollable rage, as if they will burn everything with the fire of anger...

"Purnima? Jalal came before her as she had stopped the horse... "What happened...

Purnima said nothing as she came down from the back of the horse. She was staring at his face, the spark in her eyes ready to burn him alive... "Purnima... Jalal went closer to touch her... but he could not... as he noticed something...

He noticed the horse... the face and eyes of the horse, and the mark on his forehead... and strangely he forgot for a moment where is he in this sudden extreme joy!

"TUFAAN!! MY TUFAAN! Being exhilarated in joyous excitement he ran to the horse. The horse too, getting free from the clutch of  the stranger and seeing his real owner, neighed loudly expressing all its happiness and rushed to its owner, and with a happy sound started rubbing its face on his arm; and he started stroking the horse's head with all his affection, muttering- "Tufaan where were you my friend! I cannot tell you how much I missed you! He turned back to Purnima. "I don't know how to thank you Purnima; today you returned me the dearest of mine whom I lost... You got my pet, my friend, my brother back to me... I had stopped hoping to get my Tufaan back!

He suddenly stopped, as Purnima was still gazing at his face without any expression, her eyes still burning in rage... Suddenly he could see a touch of bent sarcasm in her lips... "This horse with Mughal mark in its forehead, carrying golden asharfies and Mughal sword is your pet, Chandrajeet Rathore? She hissed... And that moment Jalal realised what a blunder he has done!

"I... Jalal stammered. "I am explaining...

"Enough of your lies! YOU FRAUD!! Jodha roared. And her sword automatically came out of her waistband which she stroke with all her strength and rage...

"NO PURNIMA!! Jalal shouted while jumping back to save himself from her stroke barely. "Calm down Purnima, calm down... I can explain!

"I will not give you any more chance to play with my beliefs, you bloody traitor! You liar! Jodha again targeted his head with her stroke, which he escaped again by jumping at side, getting a deep cut on his arm.

"Listen Purnima... I... I had my reasons for lying... but... but I did not play with your feelings... I swear Purnima!

"DON'T TAKE THAT NAME IN YOUR BLOODY MOUTH! she shouted... "YOU STILL DARE TO SAY THIS??

"I will say Purnima, as I know I was not wrong! I did not betray you... I did the same thing which perhaps anyone would do in my state... Jalal tried to keep his composure in his voice to convince her...

"Still you dare to say you did not betray me! Jodha put the sword on his throat. "Enough of your drama! Tell me... Tell me why did you come here? What was your intension to penetrate into Amer? TELL ME!!

Jalal took a deep breath. The blade of the sword was cutting the skin of his throat. The drop of blood was rolling down with his sweat...

"Tell me... What you were doing here? You had come to collect information about Amer right? You are a spy of that devil Jalaluddin Mohammad?? Jodha hissed in rage. "YOU ARE A MUGHAL SPY?

"Take out the sword from my throat, Purnima... Jalal uttered in a husky voice. His cold eyes were now directly piercing Jodha's raged eyes.

"Not before I get my answer, you traitor spy... Jodha held the sword even tightly. "Tell me, what information you passed to that devil Jalaluddin!

"I am not a spy, Mahotarma! Now Jalal's expressionless cold voice was more frightful that Jodha's. "I need not to be a spy!

"Really? Jodha smiled sarcastically. "Then who are you?

"The introduction I gave you at the first day... Jalal slightly took his hand on the hilt of the dagger that was in his waist taking the opportunity of Jodha's distraction... "That I am a warrior. And a warrior can have only one identity- of being a warrior...  I proved my valance, my honesty that night in front of you with the strokes of my sword! Do you need to...At an instance he pulled Jodha by her waist against his chest from back, restricted her right hand with sword by gripping that tightly against here and put the dagger on her throat softly... "Do you want me to prove my identity as a true warrior again, Veerangana? He whispered.

"A warrior can never betray this way! You two faced snake! Jodha roared like a lioness and in a jolt freed herself from his grip. Then with all her strength she attacked him. He defenced with his small dagger and his body slipped from the place to one side very tactfully...

"I did not betray you! My eyes told the truth; my existence told the truth... it is you who only listened to my tongue and misinterpreted!

"I had failed to recognise you!! Jodha's sword again swished the air cruelly, and rose to slash Jalal into pieces in the hangover of the spell of annihilation that Jodha's flame of anger poured inside it! "YOU ARE A MUGHAL!!

"Yes I am Mughal! I have born in a pure Mughal family... Jalal smiled sadly. "Is this my fault? Is that man-made social identity is so important for you that you forgot what you said to me last night? He sighed. "Only because you know that now, you forgot everything that made you fall for me?

"YOU LIED!! Jodha's voice whipped the air. She was shivering in uncontrollable rage now.

"Yes my name was a lie. Just like the disguise. Just to give a new name of my warrior-self. Jalal told while trying to defend the constant attacks of Jodha's sword. "Just like how you had come in a disguise of a man, at the night when we met first... and I did not bother to know who you were; I only saw a warrior in your eyes... He came closer to her eyes while skilfully duelling against a sharp sword using a mere dagger... "Same way, why cannot you see the true identity in my eyes, Purnima? Why can't you see that I am not a traitor? Why can't you see that I have never played with you? Why can't you believe that I am not a spy?

Jodha's eyes shivered, she could not break the eye-contact...

"Somebody told me that night... A panting Jalal fetched her hand with sword and held that tightly. His hands were bleeding, his blood mixed with the blood of Jodha. "That...  The warriors do not have any variance, any difference of man and woman... Then why my new identity became a factor of disbelieving me, Purnima? You did not give me shelter after knowing my name; you did that because you believed me that I cannot be a bad human. Then what made you believe today that I came here as a spy? He sighed suddenly. "I know, you have enough reasons to feel this! After all my lies have broken your strong base of trust at one moment... but if only you could see... he closed his eyes in a deep pain from inside... "If you could see that I never lied to you! Rather I discovered myself in such a way which I never saw before... For the first time someone understood me, someone knew me and felt me from the real identity of my heart without having the boundary of formal names... Believe me Purnima, you have known me, you have recognized me more than anyone else in the world! I do not have that strength to hide my entity from you! I did not betray you! If I would, you could feel that first, as today you know me more than myself! I gave you the access to enter inside my heart and to steal that!

Jodha did not say anything... The angry eyes were wet now...

"That's all I had to say, Purnima... Jalal freed Jodha from his grip. "You may find all these talks absurd and trials to confuse you! But I had only this to say from my side. Whoever I am, whatever my identity is, the truth is I have loved you from all my heart, with all my entity. You believe me or not, my love for you is as pure as moonlight, as constant as sun. A single revelation of a fact cannot omit that universal truth of that love! In the name of that love I can endure each and every wound you give me for my lie; but I cannot endure your tears... I can bear the pain of going away from you forever, but I cannot endure the fact that you remember me as a betrayer. He suddenly knelt before her, bent his head and stretched his two hands before holding the dagger, presenting that to Jodha... "Hence, in the name of my love, I surrender my weapon to you. I am hereby handing you my dagger as a sign of my defeat; Think as if you defeated my in the battle and achieved my dagger as a sign of triumph, and behead me with that!

Jodha stood steel. She was still gazing at him.

"Do hurry Purnima... Jalal told again, his firm and determined eyes not trembling a bit. "If in your eyes I am a spy, if you really believe in your heart that I have betrayed you, if you are sure that I am not worthy of your trust, if you have nothing but hatred in your heart for me, then do me this favour. Behead me in the name of your God, and free me from this horrible pain of breaking your belief!

Jodha stepped one step ahead, bent down and took the dagger from his hand. She was still gazing at him, her burning eyes now cooled in a numb glare.

"Hurry up Purnima... Jalal suddenly commanded in a stern voice. "As I can accept death only in your hands. Otherwise it is not possible to defeat me! If I want I can escape just at this moment but I won't as I do not accept your life-long hatred. Take your decision sharp and free me! He stopped for a while then uttered. "Either believe me, or kill me!

Jodha closed her eyes, and instead of slashing his head, knelt in front of him in exhaustion! The heat of anger was vented out from her eyes in form of tears...

"I told you my biggest fear is the wound of the broken trust! And today I felt how much deadly it is! And I got the wound from the hand of the same person, who is the man of my dream, the sources of my greatest desires... How I would live Chandrajeet, when that trust is broken?

Jalal put his palm on her hand. She did not remove her hand...  A drop of tear fell on Jalal's palm...

After some moments, Jalal was sitting on the ground, his palms silently caressing the palms of Jodha on her lap. Jodha was sitting in front of him, vacantly, as if someone has soaked all her life from her face. The only proof of her being alive is the constant shower of tears from her two eyes...

"I failed you Purnima! I pained you a lot which you never expected from me! Jalal spoke after a long time. "I knew it would happen one day if you know about my lie. But I had no options left other than to lie... Sometimes situations force you to do things against wish. Lying to you was my helplessness Purnima, not my wish!

Jodha did not say anything, but he could feel her fingers spontaneously gripping his fingers...

"Under the veil of that lie, there was a truth Purnima; a truth which perhaps you cannot endure... I did not ever feel to reveal that truth to you... As for me the entity of Chandrajeet Rathore became livelier than my true-self! I wanted to leave as Chandrajeet from this Amer; I wanted to remain Chandrajeet in your heart. I wanted to let Chandrajeet alive forever in the name of our love!

A slight sound of weep stopped Jalal... He looked at Jodha's tearful eyes... Her tears were now washing the bloods of his hand... Jalal's heart ached as if someone has slashed it with a saw. He could not understand how his eyes got blurred as the agony of heart came out in form of tears. In a choked, wet voice he managed to utter- "Forgive me Purnima! Don't despise your Chandrajeet! He could not speak anymore. The immense strength, patience and control over own emotions had come to its break-point, and with the drop of tears fallen from his eyes, he gave in under the pressure and agony given by this pathetic situation. He just covered his face with his palm and remained silent.

"I am sorry...

Jalal removed his palm from eyes. She was gazing at him. The flame in her eyes is in control now, and the shine of her charismatic personality is glowing brightly over the cloud of tears wetting her eyes...

"I am sorry for being so rude to you... Jodha completed her sentence. There was sincerity and a lot of emotion in her voice, but it never crossed the barrier of her dignity. "In sudden rage I forgot everything. I forgot that you warned me several times that you are not the one which I think you are... I forgot that it was not me who convinced me to live here, it was me who believed on your innocence and your goodness by your actions and not by your name. I forgot the moments happened between us in that particular moment. I became judgmental based on my childhood beliefs and doubted on my own beliefs that I achieved through my love in these days... She took his hand and pressed that softly. "I still believe on my beliefs, and in the strength of my love. And I am ready to fight with my own life and heart with that strength. But before that... She suddenly got up from the ground... "I need to know your actual truth. Your one lie has kept all my trusts and confidences at stake, and now your complete truth can only get them back!

Jalal got up wiping his eyes... "Ask me whatever you want. I don't fear from any consequences anymore! He uttered...

"If you are not a spy then who are you? And what was your intension of entering Amer? Jodha asked.

Jalal could not help but to smile sarcastically. "You won't believe Purnima! You won't be able to endure...

"Does not matter! I would know you are telling truth, and I would accept that truth. Jodha's controlled voice could not hide the sign of desperation. She eventually held Jalal's hand and pleaded. "Why can't you understand, it is necessary to know your truth for my existence! Tell me why you came here?

"To see the princess of Amer, Kunwari Jodha Bai With a firm smile, Jalal confessed.

Jodha kept on staring at his face. She was too shocked to say something...

"I heard a tune from some vagabond singers... Jalal continued. "The tune is still ringing in my ears. The song tells about her beauty, her greatness... The story behind the song, the love poured in each and every line in it attracted me so much that I found it difficult to resist myself from seeking the princess's one glance for a single glimpse...

"You came here... to see the princess? An amazed Jodha uttered.

"It is hard to believe... but yeah I did! He smiled. "I craved to see her for one glimpse though I did not get the opportunity in that chaos of market fire. But perhaps it was good for me. No matter how great she is, she can be no match with the one whom I have surrendered my all entity, Purnima!

"You took up so many difficulties only to have a glance of Jodha Bai? Jodha's eyes overwhelmed with illogical emotions- of the pride of being praised by the man whom she loves with all her heart... But Jalal did not notice that glow in her eyes. He only smiled again. "I know it is harder to believe in my truth than on me...

"Only to see the princess you penetrated illegally inside the camp. You lost all your belongings, you fought with fire, you risked your life and...

"All were pre-written in my destiny... Jalal sighed... "I was ought to meet you, to love you and to discover myself in a new dimension!

"What did you get doing all these? Jodha asked in tearful voice.

"Everything. Jalal replied. "Everything that one can even imagine to achieve in whole life... Spontaneously his hands cupped Jodha's cheek as he stared at her eyes with passionate plead... "No victory in war can give me such a feeling...

Jodha gazed at his eyes, perhaps lost in the depth of his eyes like the old days... Yes, his eyes are as honest and truthful as they were in the first day... Jodha did not make fault in trusting him! He is her Chandrajeet... he is not anyone else.

But, Chandrajeet is not his name. His identity is entirely different... Who is he actually!

Jodha's palms too automatically raised and touched his cheeks. In a choked voice she asked... "Who are you?

He smirked and whispered... "Kya fark parta hay? [How does it make difference?]

"It does! Jodha became impatient and removed her hands. "I want your complete identity to clear out all the clouds of doubt that has filled up my heart. I need it for sake of mine!

"I will tell you today! Jalal sighed... "Perhaps if it was one day back I wouldn't tell you but today I will... He gripped her hand. "Promise me you will endure the fact, and you will believe me!

"When I survived your lies, I will endure your truth too... Jodha smiled.

Jalal took a long breath.

"My name is Ja...

He was interrupted... As a sharp neigh pierced his ears suddenly... Then he heard a sarcastic clap addressing him... And he felt Purnima took back her hands in a strange fear.

"What a scene! The voice of the rider of the horse got twisted in sarcasm... "So this is the actual character of the girls of this great Amer! And the young rider of the horse came down with bent lips... His eyes were burning in rage!

"Kunwar Suryabaan Singh! She whispered in fear!

"Yes! Kunwar Suryabaan Singh! Sorry if I missed anything! Was following you from first but unfortunately lost the way in middle. It seems more drama has taken place before I came up! The prince directly walked towards Jodha and was about to strangle her. "Characterless woman! Unchaste wh**e! So this is the place where you run away every night to make raas-leela! Great! Let me see your Kanha too! He took a glimpse at Jalal and laughed out. "Great! So you had to seek your love in this Mughal spy? Wonderful! Being a Rajput woman stooped so low that you did not care about your land! You turned out to be a blood-traitor?

"No Kunwar... Jodha tried to protest, but she could not. As a strong masculine hand already reached to her neck and pulled her... "Don't bark, you bitch! I had enough of your big lectures... Now I will show you your place you wh**e! But before that... He smiled nastily at a fuming Jalal... "Let me deal with your Mughal lover first!

"Kunwarsa listen to me... Despite feeling hugely insulted Jodha shouted desperately to convince him. But Suryabaan was burning in his own rage. "You just keep your mouth shut, you filthy bitch!! He shouted and not only dashed her against the ground, but also raised his hand to slap him...

But his hand stopped in middle. Someone caught that.

"Don't even try... Jalal stared at him with his cold eyes. The vapour of rage evaporated from those eyes was more dangerous than Suryabaan's rage. And Suryabaan could feel the pain in his hand. The powerful clutch of Jalal's hand was on a verge of breaking his hand...

But Suryabaan is not a common man, he is a royal Rajput! His masculinity fumed up after getting such an insult from a Mughal spy, that too, who has tried to abduct his to-be-wife... With a scream full of insane anger, he removed the hand of Jalal and with other hand pulled out the sword, swayed that against the air to cut down his head. Jalal spontaneously gripped the razor of the sword. His palm started bleeding and the ground turned red in blood... "I will not let you to insult her, you dog of drain! He whispered while trembling in terrible rage.

This insult poured ghee in Suryabaan's anger! "You bloody Mughal!!! He shouted and attacked him with his sword again. Jalal vaulted once and saved himself from the stroke... "TUFAAN! He shouted and Tufaan rushed at him. He jumped and took his sword from Tufaan's back...  "Let me see you coward, how much good warrior are you! He hissed and raised his sword...

They fought. Suryabaan's trained skills of swordsmanship often seemed to be limited in front of his tactics! After some time, Suryabaan was seen to be fallen in the ground, angry, insulted, defeated; and Jalal standing in front of him, his sword pointing to his throat...

"You need to be born 5 more times to duel with me, you nincompoop prince! Now Good Bye! Jalal smiled proudly and raised his sword again. Despite being a Rajput for a second Suryabaan became frightened to see the death coming. For an instance he saw a sharp razor coming down to his neck, and readily he closed his eyes... but he felt then the sword did not reach to his neck. Somebody stopped that.

"NO! Jodha ordered. She was in between of Jalal and Suryabaan now, her hand clenching the blade of his sword. "You will not kill him!

"What you are doing Purnima! Leave this! Jalal became horrified seeing the sharp blade slashing her palm and fresh blood dripping from that. He tried to stop his sword when Jodha came in middle, but as he put all his strength, it could be controlled only to this extent... "Leave the sword Purnima!He shouted.

"You will not kill Kunwar Suryabaan! You will spare his life! Jodha again demanded in trembled voice... "Go away Chandrajeet! Go away from here, for sake of me!

Eventually she loosed her grip and Jalal took back his sword in his waistband... Jodha gulped and came closer to him... "Chandrajeet... she whispered... "Flee from here! They are coming! Army of Amer is coming! They will kill you! You have to flee!

Jalal turned back and saw the wind of dust coming. A group of horses rushing towards him only... it is not tough to imagine what will happen to him if they can catch him!

"What are you looking for? Jodha shouted. "GO!!

Jalal made a sound and Tufaan ran to him. Jalal got on it at one jump... "Come Purnima, We don't have time! He pulled her hands to take her along with him...

"No! Jodha shouted.

"No Purnima! I cannot leave you in this danger! Come fast! Jalal hurried. The cloud of dust was closer. The prince was crawling on the ground to reach him!

"No Chandrajeet! You go! I cannot! Closing her eyes Jodha demanded again. "Go and never come back!

"NEVER! I cannot leave you here now!

"Chandrjeet! Jodha cried out. "Believe me, nothing will happen to me! She tried to smile. "Princess... princess Jodha will save me! Have faith on her!

Her voice had something which forced Jalal to believe in her! Jalal looked back. The army is very near... very near... They have started the shower of arrow in order to kill him! The fallen prince has got up, and has almost reached Purnima's hand. At this moment, a moment's late will cost the death of the Mughal emperor!

Jalal ran the horse!

The prince clenched Purnima's hand, and he could see this! But he had nothing to do! As there was an army of hundreds behind him!

Jalal speeded up the horse... His horse went beyond the scope of their eyesight fast...

"I will come back Purnima! I will come back! Jalal shouted while disappearing with the dust in far...

"No Chandrajeet, don't come back! Jodha cried out from the immense pain of her heart. You will never find Purnima if you come back! Because just as yours, there is also a truth hidden under the name of Purnima! I am sorry Chandrajeet! You were ready to reveal your truth but I wasn't... I could not tell you the fact that I am the princess! Not till the last moment!

Edited by Shinning_Stuti - 6 years ago
konica.arora.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Me First dear thanks for updating a very interesting chappy waiting for more to dear 
Kavya_P thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Unres Di 
Amazing chappy Di 
He is going to reveal about himself
That stupid need to come there ðŸ˜¡
Poor Jodha 
Don't know now what will happen to her 
Update soon Di 
Plz make them meet soon Di