Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabiabegum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I just found this story. Very interesting story so far. I'm not up to date yet with this story but very soon:)!
jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update.

May things are resolved and some more got issues added. Is Akash making hasty decision to marry Payal just for repentance now? I am sure Payal won't agree to Akash proposal but will her parents force her and stand by her decision? What will be Aman's reaction to this?

Waiting for Arnav and Khushi talk J

suran thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the pm and loved the update. I really hope payal would choose aman. 
Pearl_Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 27: Never Let Me Go

Aman watched from some distance as Aakriti bent down and kissed Payal on the cheek. Payal smiled in return and softly pulled her cheeks.

"Just work on your twirling and you'll be good to go. But, don't stress too hard. You're already doing better than you were doing yesterday" Payal was saying and Aakriti nodded.

"Thank you, Miss Payal" Aakriti replied and then looked towards her father.

"Daddy is waiting" She said to Payal as she waved her hand towards Aman who was still standing outside the school gate, leaning against his car.

Aman waved back, signaling her to come to him.

Payal tried not to look at Aman who looked particularly dashing in his navy blazer and dark trousers. Last time, they had parted on good terms but Payal still felt clumsy and uncoordinated around him. At least her heart did.

In such a short span of time, she had come to trust Aman and he had trusted her with the scars of his life.

While now Aman knew about Akash, there was a lot that he didn't know and Payal had a faint suspicion that if she spent too much time with Aman she would end up revealing all her scars too. She didn't want to do that.

"Go on, then. Don't keep him waiting" Payal urged Aakriti while for herself she decided to spend some time in the staff room before she leaves. She didn't want Aman offering her a ride again.

"Goodbye, Miss Payal" Aakriti replied and then hopped towards where Aman stood.

Payal looked towards him for a second and found him looking at her. Their eyes met and Payal softly dipped her head to acknowledge him. A warm smile crept up on his lips and to Payal's dismay, Aman started walking towards her.

He met Aakriti halfway and said something to her before she moved towards his car while Aman continued walking towards her. Payal immediately looked around to see if there were any other teachers but she was the only one.

"Were you planning to ignore me?' Aman asked, reaching up to her and Payal flushed, realizing he had guessed her intention.

"No, not at all. I just thought you were here to pick up Aakriti..so..." Payal's voice trailed to a stop as she noticed Aman was staring at her.

"What?" Payal asked, suddenly feeling very self-conscious.

"Nothing!" Aman replied, but Payal could see that something had changed the way Aman was looking at her.

"What is it, Aman?" she asked, this time with some insistence in her voice.

Aman shook his head before he looked away and said, "I met Arnav. He told me how Akash was blackmailing you. I..I am sorry. I can't even comprehend what you must have felt" Aman said, his voice laden with sympathy and compassion.

But, Payal felt like she had been bared, she felt exposed and weak.

"I have to go" She cleared her throat but Aman stepped in front of her, his fingers brushing against her elbow in the process. Payal's eyes shot up, looking at Aman's face.

His face was solemn.

"I am here for you, Payal. I don't know if you consider me your friend or not, but for me, you're my friend. So, if you need help with anything, if Akash bothers you again, you tell me. I will handle him" Aman offered, and waited for Payal to respond.

Payal was overcome with emotion for a second. Hearing Aman offering her help without any selfish reason, she wondered if she even deserved such a friend.

"Thank you, Aman" She replied.

"And yes, I consider you my friend" She continued and watched the smile that appeared on Aman's face.

"Then it's done! We are friends. Now come with me. I just told Aakriti that I'll be taking her to that bread pakoda' stall. She loves it as much as I do. And something tells me you like them too" Aman said, his tone playful and Payal smiled softly, recalling the day she had met Aman at the stall.

"Yes, I do like them but maybe some other day. I have to head home" She said and watched in surprise as Aman grabbed her handbag from her hand.

"No excuses, you're coming with us. After the pakodas, we can drop you home" Aman said, and without waiting for a response started walking towards his car.

Payal found herself following her new friend.

~~~

Arnav realized that he was nervous and shaky. After hearing what Akash had told him, his treacherous heart was once again soaring with hope.

He had to see Khushi again and had to ask her one last time. Did she love him? Will she say yes?

He decided he'll go home first. Last two days, he had been to hell and back. He was unshaven and haggard-looking. A quick bath and shave would be good before he goes to see Khushi.

So, he had driven home with Anjali who had said that she too needed a change of clothes. Naniji and Shyam had stayed with Akash at the hospital.

As Arnav's SUV pulled into the parking and he stepped down he realized that he felt different. Like..it was Khushi around him. He could sense her presence but that was impossible. Shooing away the thought, he made his way towards the main door and found Anjali standing rooted.

"What's wrong, Di?" He asked her and Anjali stepped away, clearing his line of vision.

Arnav slowly noticed Khushi who was sitting at the short staircase, looking at Anjali with embarrassed eyes.

"Khushi ji? What are you doing here?" Anjali asked before Arnav could. Arnav watched as Khushi slowly lifted her eyes and looked at him. Then at Anjali.

"I came to meet Arnav" She replied slowly, wringing her hands and Arnav felt a surge of emotion, hearing her say his name, hearing that she came here to see him. Even now, he couldn't speak anything and simply gazed at her beautiful face.

"Of course! How stupid of me to ask that. Please come in, Khushi ji. Why were you waiting outside?" Anjali kept talking and ushered Khushi inside while Arnav followed quietly, his mind thinking of all the reasons which could have brought Khushi to his house.

It was now he realised that she was visiting his house for the first time. It felt oddly surreal, watching her step inside through the doors he daily walked in.

He watched closely as Khushi took in her surroundings, her eyes widening in awe and admiration. He was also sure that Khushi was aware of his eyes following her every move for she was deliberately avoiding looking at him.

"You have a beautiful house, Anjali ji" Khushi said, turning to Anjali whose answer was a broad smile. It seemed like Khushi and Anjali had already made an acquaintance in the hospital when he was not around.

"Yes, it is beautiful, Khushi ji. But it is no longer my house. It belongs to Chote. I live with Shyamji in Lucknow" Anjali replied.

Khushi said something which Arnav failed to hear, being too busy noticing how different she looked. She looked even frailer than he had seen her last time. He wondered if it was because of what had happened with Girish and the trauma she had went through. Suddenly, Arnav felt like a jerk. He hadn't even asked her how she was dealing with everything when she had called him two days ago. He had been too lost in thinking about other things, dealing with his own agony of being away from her.

Arnav struggled out of his thoughts as he noticed that Anjali had finally left them alone. He had so much to say and ask but when he looked for words he found himself empty.

"Take a seat, Khushi" His voice came out gravelly and Khushi instantly obeyed.

"You came here to see me?" Arnav asked, taking a slow step towards where she sat on the touch.

It was now that Khushi finally looked at him. He watched emotions running rampant in her eyes as their gazes met.

Arnav was still trying to read her face when to his utmost shock, Khushi burst into sobs. Loud and real sobs! She was crying like a child and a chill ran down Arnav's spine as he quickly rushed to her side.

Getting on the couch next to her, his hands found their way to her cheeks and cupped them.

"Shhh..Why are you crying, Khushi? What happened? Are you okay? Please tell me" He asked her, eager to make her stop crying.

In return, she only sobbed louder and threw herself on him, hugging him, hiding her face in the front of his shirt.

Sitting there stunned, Arnav realized two things.

One, he could not stand her crying. Second, he would do anything to make her stop crying.

His arms immediately encircled her lithe, frail body and he pulled her closer.

"Khushi, please tell me what's going on" He begged her, his hands roaming urgently across her back in soothing motions.

He heard her trying to control her sobs but they only escalated. Arnav was getting overly worried now, his mind churning with so many ill possibilities.

From the corner of his eye, Arnav watched his sister step into the room and noticing the scene before her she once again disappeared.

"Is everything okay at home, Khushi? Hey, look at me" Arnav asked again, his hands now softly caressing her hair.

"Please don't hate me" words finally came out of Khushi's mouth and Arnav's hand stilled. How could she possibly think that he would hate her?

"I lied. That day, in the office, when you asked me if I ever loved you..if any of it was real. It was. It always was. I love you, Arnav. I really love you. I love you a lot. So much that I don't think I can live without you. So, please don't hate me. I cannot stomach your hatred. I know I made a lot of mistakes. I..didn't tell you anything about Akash because I was scared. I was scared of Akash. He could have harmed my whole family. If he had threatened me, if it was my life at stake..I would have told you. Trust me. I would have told you everything. But..I couldn't do that to Jeeji. To Amma and Babuji. They have raised me, Arnav. They took me in their house after my parent's death. They gave me shelter and love. I couldn't disregard all of it for my own feelings. I couldn't. It took me time to rally that much of courage and sense, to finally see that I was not helping anyone by lying to you. I wanted to tell you..so many times..but I never could. I knew you will hate me for it. I knew I will lose you. I was selfish. But, now..after so spending so many days and nights without you..I know I cannot learn to live without you, Arnav. I cannot. So, please forgive me. Please take me back. I'll do anything you want me to do. Just don't hate me" By the time Khushi had finished pouring her heart out, Arnav's shirt was wet with her tears. Her hands were holding him by his waist and she was almost sitting on his lap.

Arnav slowly unwrapped her hands from around him and Khushi stiffened in alarm. She looked up at his face only to find it dripping with tenderness while his eyes were misted.

"You love me?" He asked voice full of wonder and unending joy.

Khushi nodded her head furiously, tears spilling on her cheeks and rolling down. Hearing her confirmation, Arnav felt his heart grow in size. He stared deep into her eyes and saw the love he had been searching for so long. It was right there. In her eyes, in her words.

Failing to contain the bliss that he felt, he leaned in closer and closer until her lips were on her cheek. He felt her body shuddering against him as his tongue darted out and licked the teardrop that sat there. No more tears for them, he decided. His hands found a home in her silken tresses as his mouth moved to her other cheek, his tongue softly wiping away the other teardrop. Khushi's hands once again snaked around his waist and when he pulled back, she looked at his lips, at his face with pure passion.

"I love you too, Khushi" He said the words that he had been longing to say for weeks now. Then, he leaned in again and placed his lips on her forehead, letting them stay there and savor the moment.

Khushi's answering sob of happiness made Arnav break the contact and he shook his head.

"Shh..no more crying" He softly chided her but Khushi sobbed again.

"I am happy" She croaked and Arnav brought his finger to flick the top of her nose.

"So am I. Should I cry too?" He asked his tone playful and Khushi shook her head, hugging him.

"Never" She said.

Arnav hugged her back.

~~~

Anjali watched the exchange from the kitchen, holding a tray of snacks in her hands. Her own eyes lined with happy tears. Things were finally looking up for her family. The ill shadows had been casted away and Anjali decided that she was no longer going to wait for more happy things to come their way.

It was her long-term wish to see Arnav married and now that her brother had confessed his love to Khushi, she was going to make sure this love ties them into a matrimonial knot.

Smiling broadly, she stepped into the hall, clearing her throat which made Khushi struggle away from Arnav.

Arnav looked at his sister with a frown but the mischievous smile she sent his way made his own lips smile.

~~~

When Payal reached home, she found her parents sitting in the small drawing room, watching TV and talking to each other. The normalcy that was in the air was back after a long time and Payal felt her heart at ease.

Everything was coming back on the track. Things were getting back the way they were before the Akash named storm had hit her. Just thinking of Akash's name made Payal's mood plummet to a dark place.

After Arnav and Aman had found Khushi, Aman had called her and told her to come to the city hospital. Payal had been petrified after hearing the word hospital. She had assumed that Khushi was hurt and Aman had refused to divulge any more information on the phone except saying that Khushi was okay. Payal hadn't believed him. If Khushi wasn't hurt why would they go to a hospital? She had immediately asked her parents to come with her and together four of them had reached the hospital.

By the time Payal was allowed to see Khushi, the doctors had already bandaged Khushi's cuts. Khushi had repeatedly assured that her cuts were not deep. Payal had just taken a relaxed breath when Khushi had revealed that Akash was shot.

"He jumped in front of Arnav to save him, Jeeji. If he hadn't done that.. Khushi hadn't been able to finish that sentence having choked up on emotions, but Payal's head had already gone silent.

Despite everything that Akash had done, Payal's heart had staggered hearing that he was hurt. And badly so, from what Payal had gathered staying there in the hospital for two hours.

She had remained silent for most part of her visit at the hospital. Just thinking of Akash in the operation theatre had made tears appear in her eyes. She had blamed it on her disarrayed hormones and completely blocked the thought of Akash from her mind.

Akash didn't deserve her sympathy and her love. He only deserved her hate. Instead, Payal had focused all her attention on Aman. Aman, who had been secretly observing her, unaware that she was aware of his eyes following her!

When she had seen him finally moving away, she had followed him. She had to thank him for his help. As she had stood with Aman, talking to him, expressing her gratitude, Payal had realized that being around Aman made her forget Akash.

But then Aman had asked that question if she loved Akash.

Did she love him once? She did.

Does she still love him?

NO. The words had been too quick. Too vehement. And in that second, she had meant it. But after Aman had driven away, Payal had repeated the question to herself, had searched inside her heart for the answer.

The broken threads of her love were still hanging inside her heart. Mere cobwebs, hidden under anger and hate. But she would soon dust away those cobwebs. She had decided. There was no way she could go back to loving Akash the way she did. That decision had made her feel lighter.  So, as she joined her parents in the drawing room and her mother brought up a cup of hot tea along with some fried bread pakodas', a smile broke upon Payal's lips when she bit into the first piece.

~~~

Khushi kept stealing glances at Arnav from behind her cup as she sipped her coffee. Anjali being unaware that she liked tea had brought coffee for her and when Arnav had commented on it, Khushi had quickly said that she didn't mind a cup of coffee now and then.

Anjali had smiled and sat down with them with her own cup. Talking to Arnav's sister was easy. Khushi had come to realise that Arnav's sister, who insisted that she too address her as Di', was a very amiable person. Previously too, when Khushi had talked to Anjali in the hospital, she had seemed like a pleasant person. But at the moment, Anjali was showering her with extra care and affection. Strangely, Khushi didn't find the attention uncomfortable. She told Anjali about her family, her education and her interests. Anjali, in return, told her about her love marriage with Shyam Jha.

Khushi was still listening to Anjali when Arnav got up from his seat.

"I have to take a bath" He said and Khushi gave him a side-look. He seemed to be addressing her.

"Okay" she replied.

"Di, didn't you say you too wanted a change of clothes? Why don't you go do that? In the meanwhile, Khushi can hang around in my room" Arnav said to his sister, making Khushi's cheeks flush.

"I'll be okay here" She said to Arnav but she saw that Anjali was already getting up.

"Why will you stay here alone, Khushi, when you can hang around in Chote's room? It also has a poolside. You'll like it" Anjali said, and giving one final look at her brother, she left them.

"Come on" Khushi heard Arnav say and watched as he too started walking in another direction in large strides.

Khushi followed Arnav, her heartbeats going up. She was going to see his room.

~~~

Important Note:  Hello, friends. I hope all of you are doing well? First of all, I want to thank everyone for their likes and comments. When I resumed this story after a long time, I had close to 50 readers but the numbers are continuously going up. Thanks a lot for that. I am really happy to see the old readers returning back to the story. I can't thank you people enough for all the wait and patience you have showcased. 🤗

Now, I should talk about why I am writing this note. This is to let you people know that I wouldn't be able to update the story for a few days. There is this really important wedding in my family that I have to attend (no, it's not mine 😆) and it is out of station, which means I wouldn't have my laptop with me. Most probably, I'll be back by 5th of June, so you can expect the next update either on 5th or 6th of June. So, I am sorry in advance and I assure you that I'll post the next chapter at my earliest convenience. Thank you, lovelies. And, have a beautiful couple of days.❤️

Kiran 😃

Edited by Pearl_Oyster - 6 years ago
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful update
Its very pleasing to read that misunderstandings are finally gone between Arnav and khushi and she has confessed her love. I like the new payal, taking control on her life and feeling no more miserable. 

sspoorthy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing
Just fantastic 
Payal point of view is justifiable
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
finally love has found its way we are heading for a happy ending
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update yar 
so finally the MU gets cleared and every thing is sorted out between arnav and khushi...I am really liking this payal...
suran thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks again for the pm and great update. Looking forward to the wedding and how aman and payal progress. Tck and have fun at the wedding. 😉
neha2013g thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful update..
great, finally Arnav and khushi confessed their love for each other 😊