Noughts and Crosses

missy6892 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Has anyone read the "Noughts and Crosses" triliogy written by Malorie Blackman?

This a must read novel. Rasism at its best.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lotus2007 thumbnail
No I haven't read it!can you please tell us more about it!sounds nice!

Lotus.😉

Yes i read it as long time ago, i must say malorie blackman is an awesome writer 😊

Two young people are forced to make a stand in this thought-provoking look at racism and prejudice in an alternate society.

Sephy is a Cross -- a member of the dark-skinned ruling class. Callum is a Nought -- a "colourless" member of the underclass who were once slaves to the Crosses. The two have been friends since early childhood, but that's as far as it can go. In their world, Noughts and Crosses simply don't mix. Against a background of prejudice and distrust, intensely highlighted by violent terrorist activity, a romance builds between Sephy and Callum -- a romance that is to lead both of them into terrible danger. Can they possibly find a way to be together?

In this gripping, stimulating and totally absorbing novel, black and white are right and wrong

source : http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/malorie-blackman/noughts -and-crosses.htm

Recommendations by me

Read some of her other books, they are all brilliant for young readers age group i dunno 12-15😳

A.N.T.I.D.O.T.E., Dangerous Reality, Hacker, Lie Detectives, Operation Gadgetman!, Pig-Heart Boy, Thief!

Edited by anon - 16 years ago
lotus2007 thumbnail
Thanks anon!!!!!!!!!!!😃

Lotus.😉
Yh I've read it... it's a good book
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh I've read it 😛 I just love the story in it... It has a lot of other sequels to it right? 😕

I didn't quite finish noughts and crosses because my book was over due 😆
missy6892 thumbnail
yeah there are 3 books, noughts and crosses, knives edge and checkmate.

I just finished reading the last book, and i think that it is a mist read series
ash18 thumbnail
i've read the book and it's really good!