Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
@Ramya in our epics woman is always the medium that is used for the destruction of adharma. In Ramayana only Sita is prominent. But when you come to MB every woman in Krishna's life plays her part one way or the other in his journey of establishing dharma.
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Excellent explanation Shruti!
Just as wonderful was your explanation as the episode yesterday !

Very beautifully done without too much drama but with the required essence of the AP incident being highlighted ! 
It does call for a very strong woman to  do what SITA did .
Indeed soorpi's dialogue highlighting the mindset of a patriarchal society was also a good one ( though she got backfired ) . 
Just as the famous Gita gyaan states." dharmo rakshati   rakshitaha ". Sita had followed her dharma and also in the course of it had understood the dilemma of Her husband . In wanting to be an equal partner to the man she loved and respected that she decides to help him by way of AP ( thereby enabling him to uphold his dharma ). Her Dharma in turn protects her !

Well to equate some of the love stories of the modern age would be such injustice to this divine couple for sure !( or any of their brothers and their wives !).
To be able to love one another with a complete understanding and faith in their unspoken actions for sure was a major highlight of Ram And Siya !

shruthiravi thumbnail
@vipraja that is why Ramayana is the eternal love story. A story where a couple lived facing the trials and tribulations life thrown at them. They didn't run away, they faced it.
Love was the fire that burned inside them and no physical fire could touch that pure inner fire. A man lifting the Shiv Dhanush to satisfy the condition set by his love's father, he crossing an ocean for her sake and she walking into the fire to solve his dilemma where else you can find it except in Ramayana 😃
Such a beautiful story is kept on a pedestal telling 7th avatar of Vishnu. But it is a story that to be read again and again to calm you.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well it's surprising I never unreserved my comment here. First thing that strikes me is yeh Sita ka pariksha nahi Agni ka pariksha hai. I don't know how much the followers of manu have misinterpreted but it is evident that many people blame Ram for AP. Sita had immense self respect and upheld her dharma. AP was a sign of courage. She was purer than purity itself. It is true that not anyone can do AP. And I guess people who blame AP as something that our religion propogates as woman repeatedly having to prove themselves lack the ability to go by a test of fire be it a male or female.Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju AP was Sita's love for Ram. She was showing the world why this man crossed the ocean and waged a war for a woman