Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Awesome
Can't wait for the next update
arshina223 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
CHAPTER 17

Arnav stood still and watched as Khushi took blessings from Dad and Mom. He was aware of Nk's eyes on him from the time he and khushi came down to leave for the airport. Arnav for security purposes is taking khushi abroad after mid night in his private jet and his mom and dad woke up to see them off. He didn't utter even a single word to khushi after he left their room telling her to pack her bags. She approached him many times but looking at his face which was etched like a stone, she backed off. NK volunteered to drop them to the airport and it didn't escape his eyes how khushi's eyes widened at this. Her eyes moved from Arnav to his clenched fist to Nk and she shook her head lightly telling him to drop it. Nk ignored her.

Anjali hugged her bhabhi and bhai sleepily, wishing them safe journey she groggily walked back to her room.

"Mom, dad you should go and sleep. Unnecessarily you disturbed your sleep." Arnav said after taking their blessings.

"We had to see our daughter before you whisked her away from us. I will be missing her morning tea and have to endure your mother's until your return." His dad winked at him and got a smack on his arm from mom. " Arnav you should go now or you'll be late." His eyes drained of all humor and become serious. "You take care of khushi." Arnav stared at his father's eyes, "Of course Dad."

Nk was driving the car to the airport with arnav on the passenger seat and khushi on the back. It has been 15 minutes on the road and tension was thick in the air. Arnav sat stiff and one can see his teeth clenched hard. His control was on tight leash and could snap at any moment. Khushi was just praying for Nk to not to speak anything reckless. All these months living with Arnav khushi very well know his saturation point. The way he's sitting rigidly with his back straight and jaw clenched hard even a single poke could throw him off and snap his control. What he'll do even she has no idea.

She was sitting on the back behind Arnav. Her eyes kept moving back and forth between them. It was just a matter of time before this strained silence broken by one of them.

And it came as a shock when Arnav spoke.

"Tell me you protected her!" His voice came out strained. Khushi's eyes became moist. He feels pained to not have been there for her at that time, not even knowing about it. "I need to know." Their eyes met over rear view mirror. In that glance khushi saw it all. The pain he hid deep inside, the need to protect her and the longing of her love and most of all the need for her he has. It took her breath away, made it impossible for her to ignore like all the time in the she had when Arnav verbalised his love and need for her. No declaration of love could be a passionate as this meeting of their eyes.

Nk punched the wheel with his hand abruptly. "I wish I had reached there early, I wish she never met him." His voice became hard." I left him bloodied and half dead in that room. I could've finished him, Arnav, I wanted to but khushi was my priority. I had to take her to the hospital before the drug did any major damage to her.

Arnav slumped back on the seat. "Thank you, Nk."

"Arnav, you didn't even know her then. You weren't even aware of her existence. How could you have protected her? Don't beat yourself on this."

Khushi sat mute as they talked. She didn't say anything even though it was her they were talking about. Arnav needed to know and she can't take that away from him.

"Many times I wished I had known her, Nk." NK looked at khushi at this. It was not his place to tell Arnav not only that khushi knew him but also loved him. He can only hope she tells him soon that they both could be happy with each other.

Khushi looked out of her window. The roads were empty as they moved in the dead of the night. Soon her eyes caught a black car following them. Involuntarily khushi gasped and Arnav looked behind at her, attuned to her every move. "Khushi what happened?"

Her hand clutched at his shoulder. " Arnav, the black car is following us!"

He grabbed her hand, "Hey, relax, Ok?" His palm cupped her face. "They are my guards. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was going to but..."

But she dropped the bomb on him.

She nodded, "Okay, I just freaked out." She squeezed his hand and gave him a shaky smile. Her smile was not return and that hurt her. It was understandable that he was keeping distance but still it pierced her heart. It was easy to ignore him before but after confessing to Nk about her feelings for Arnav, it hurts like hell to see him blocking her. The man who took everything she threw at him all the while loving her madly. Khushi couldn't understand what she do now? She can't tell him she loves him nor that she actually knew him before. Does she try to try to talk to him? Make him understand so that he won't ignore her?

Without her knowledge her fingers clenched Arnav's shoulder and he has seen her expression reflected on her face. He pried his fingers from his shirt. The second khushi met his eyes he smiled at her reassuring her.

Feeling the guilt building inside her she averted her from his and next she heard was Arnav telling Nk to stop the car.

Nk stopped the car on side, " what happened Arnav?" He looked Arnav and khushi confused.

"I have to sit with khushi Nk. I hope you don't mind?" Arnav opened his side of door.

" No, no problem Arnav." Nk said.

Arnav opened back door and sat inside. Without saying anything he wound his arm around khushi's shoulder and pulled her towards him. She came willingly to him, pressed her face in the crook of his neck and whispered, "Sorry".

In response he just tightened his hold on her and kissed her forehead.

Throughout the journey Nk watched them, looking comfortable in each other's arms and thought only one thing, "Tell him khushi!"

They were inside the jet. Khushi looked around taking all of its amazing interiors. She was astonished to find a small but spacious bedroom. Even after all these months she gets shocked and get reminded that she had married a billionaire.

Arnav passed by her to the ridiculously comfortable looking chairs. "We have to be in these chairs at the time of take off. Pilot would be making the announcement any second now. But after the take off you can rest in the bedroom. We will be in the air for a long time.

Khushi sat on the chair in front of arnav and secured the seatbelt. In no time they were flying and the seat belt sign turned off. Arnav stood up opened their bags and took her medicines. He handed them to her. "You can sleep now." He said giving her a glass of water. "I will be here only."

Dutifully khushi took her medicines and made her way to the bed. Her steps were slow and she kept looking back to Arnav. She kept feeling something wrong. It hurts her with every step she took away from him. She reached the bed with her heart thundering and chest constricting. She got inside the covers and tries to keep herself calm and sleep. It was a futile attempt, even the medicines she took cannot make her sleep. With a jolt she realized she needed Arnav to sleep. Since she has been hospitalized, Arnav has always been with her. It was Arnav because of whom she didn't break down. She took it like nothing happened and she has been drugged twice now, she should have been hysterical but she was anything but that. And it was all because his presence comforted her.

She threw the comforter off and walked briskly to Arnav. "Arnav...", her voice came out shaky.

As soon as Arnav stood and faced her she held his hand and took him with her. She got inside the covers and patted the bed. Arnav stood still beside the bed shocked, "Khushi? Wh...what?"

"Please be with me. I am scared. With..without you." Khushi chocked the last word out.

Not wasting another minute arnav was beside her on the bed with her in his arms. With his hand rubbing her back and arms soothingly, Khushi slept peacefully.

When she woke up, her eyes clashed his. He was admiring her and looked as if he hadn't slept at all. Her heart start thundering for all the other reasons. Her breathing got ragged sensing their proximity. She was sleeping on him with most of her body on his. Her head was above his strongly beating heart, with one arm around his waist clutching him close to her and her leg was thrown over his thigh.

He was wearing a black shirt looking all the more handsome in it. He is always handsome but today he had a dangerous streak in him. Was it because his black shirt or the look in his eyes khushi cannot make it out.

She witnessed the change in his eyes. As he felt her shallow breathing and thundering heart his eyes darkened with desire. The brown colour of his eyes got dark with desire until it was all black.

His eyes moved to her lips. Feeling his gaze on her lips like a physical touch her lips parted slightly. Her tongue came out to moistened her parched lips.

Arnav groaned at this. It was too much, he was winded tight like a coil. He had laid still all these hours feeling her soft feminine body on him. He didn't do anything and kept tight leash on his desire all while feeling her warm breath on his neck and her lean leg on his thigh.

"Khushi, I need to kiss you." His voice came strained and laced with desire.

Continue on the blog: Blog(Mature content; 18+)

Please comment and like on IF only. Happy reading!

Edited by arshina223 - 7 years ago
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Kya yaar pilot thoda wait nahi kar sakta tha kya
Im waiting for Arnav to knw full truth
Nimbus_211 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great update.
I hope this little vacation brings a positive change in Arnav and Khushi's relationship.
Continue soon.
:)
suji5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice update
good that Arnav didn't lash out on NK
continue soon
brinny thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved it.Hope you won't keep us waiting long for the next update
guy3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update. But between chapter 13 and now, has the story changed a bit? Back then, it looked like khushi waS betrayed by the boy she fell in love with and it took her two years to fall out of love with him. And here it looks like khushi was in love with arnav from first(in college). If so, how did she not recognize him when he came to meet her before marriage? Confusing...
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update...thanks for the PM
teja21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing update dear
thanx fr d pm
thiyamappy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail