F(E)ASTING ON LOVE - Sai & Shakti

crazyfats thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
It was a special occasion for women as they celebrated Karva Chauth yesterday. Deepali Dhingra checks out what our leading ladies of television did on this day...

These women have donned festive saris, applied henna on their hands and kept fasts for their reel-life husbands in Hindi soaps. But nothing can beat the special feeling, when it comes to keeping a Karva Chauth for their reallife hubbies. Yesterday was the day when
women all across Mumbai dressed in their finest and observed a day-long fast for their husbands' good health.
Sai Deodhar, who is married to actor Shakti Anand: "I'm half-Bong and half-Maharashtrian and now I'm married to a Punju, so it is quite a mix," she says, adding that she was not aware of the rituals of Karva Chauth at all before this day. But the pretty actor's mind was put to rest as her in-laws decided to come all the way from Delhi, just to be with her. "Shakti was quite worried as I was shooting yesterday but I think somewhere inside, he was feeling happy too," she says with a smile. The best part about the festival, Sai feels, was that Shakti came home on time to be with her.