Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
sigh πŸ˜­ fatima doubts me πŸ˜­
-----------

Fatima  should I make big size av on that scene Meher puts Preet's hand on her heart.?
I think I'll do that when I go home. 

Meet AT hasn't been updated. If I stop none of you post anything anywehre. Aisa kyon - just about anything could be posted there so the thread gets to be active continuously.
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AASUS

sigh πŸ˜­ fatima doubts me πŸ˜­

-----------

Fatima  should I make big size av on that scene Meher puts Preet's hand on her heart.?
I think I'll do that when I go home. 

Meet AT hasn't been updated. If I stop none of you post anything anywehre. Aisa kyon - just about anything could be posted there so the thread gets to be active continuously.

No no sweety, I never doubt you.

I'll send you avi links soon...and I'll post something on the Meet AT too. πŸ˜†

Sorry...I got busy fixing and adding to the Meet cuts and then just started watching all the episodes again...and then crying...and what not πŸ˜•
AASUS thumbnail
😲 crying is job πŸ˜² πŸ˜• arre I never heard of this. Btw I never cried much I'm not that much involved in stuff though feel very sympathetic in show I mean. 
I just think sigh how cute AG looks  but Priya and few other fans said they did cry whenever she does. 

Preet has few overloaded emotional ones - sad to see him in that state. But it's very natural performance.

Anyhooo if your crying journey ends then u show up in AT lol πŸ˜•
Edited by AASUS - 7 years ago
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: AASUS

😲 crying is job πŸ˜² πŸ˜• arre I never heard of this. Btw I never cried much I'm not that much involved in stuff though feel very sympathetic in show I mean. 

I just think sigh how cute AG looks  but Priya and few other fans said they did cry whenever she does. 

Preet has few overloaded emotional ones - sad to see him in that state. But it's very natural performance.

Anyhooo if your crying journey ends then u show up in AT lol πŸ˜•

Are you kidding?...I'm only up to Episode 22 and I've already made a dent in my supply of Kleenex.

I just can't remove myself from the drama going on I guess...πŸ˜•  πŸ˜†

I already visited the AT Athisda Ji. 
AASUS thumbnail
Aww my poor fatima so touched by your caring lil heart β€οΈπŸ€—
One side it shows the power packed performances by all artists and crew of this show.

lob u loads πŸ€—

Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 27 - Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahi

Meher ran back into the hotel out of breath.  How dare Preet threaten to ruin her wedding!  Just who does he think he is?!  And how dare he kiss her?!  Again!  She should have slapped him and put him in his place once and for all, but instead she just melted in his arms!  Again!  Ugh!!  She looked around hoping no one had seen them together, then looked down at her engagement ring.  A pang of guilt hit her.  She didn't really know Viren, but he seemed like a nice enough guy.  In any case, she had made her choice and was going to stick to it.  Her father was happy.  For the first time in her life, her step-mother Kuljeet was happy with her!  Ashlesha and Preet could marry and the Junejas wouldn't lose everything.  It was best for everyone this way.  But Preet...he had lost all sense of reasoning.  She would have to stay as far away from him as possible.  She quickly checked her pallu, finger combed her hair, took a deep breath then walked back into the banquet hall.  Almost as soon as she entered, someone slid their arm around her shoulders making her jump.

"There you are," smiled Viren.  "I've been looking all over for you.  We just got engaged.  Don't tell me you're dodging me already." He joked.

"Nahin, aisi koi baat nahin hai (No, it's nothing like that at all)," Meher gave him a small smile.

Viren threw her a quizzical glance.  "Are you alright?  Your face is all flushed."

"Is it?" Meher said as she raised her hand to her cheek.  "It's probably the heat."

"But the hotel is air-conditioned," said Viren.

"I...uh...I meant...body heat," said Meher.  "I'm not used to such large parties with so many guests.  That's why I...uh...stepped outside...for some...fresh air."

"Ah yes," chuckled Viren.  "These rich people sure know a lot of other rich people, don't they?  Come on, I'll get you something to drink, and we'll go mingle a little."

"Viren, if you don't mind, I'd rather not," said Meher.  She looked around casually.  To her relief, there was no sign of Preet.  It was better if he remained out of sight anyway.  Viren had obviously not seen him drag her out to the garden either, otherwise he would surely have made a remark or followed them outside.  "I...uh...hardly know anyone here and..."

"What are you talking about Meher?" said Viren.  "You're practically related to the Rampals."

"Well...sort of...," sighed Meher.

"And you're good friends with the Junejas," continued Viren.  "You were at Dev Dutt's wedding with your friends including one of the Junejas...Preet, right?  I clearly remember him saying that you 2 were friends."

Don't remind me, thought Meher.  Friends don't go around grabbing and kissing each other senseless.

"Besides," Viren was saying.  "We just stood on stage and got engaged in front of all these people.  Everyone knows us."

"Yes," sighed Meher.  "But I feel like we intruded somewhere we didn't belong.  This was supposed to be Veera's special night...""

"Not just Veera's special night," Viren corrected her.  He took her hand in his, patted it gently, and smiled.  "...our special night too.  Come on Meher, I'm a doctor.  I spend half my life in scrubs and rubber gloves.  It's not everyday I get a chance to dress up in a designer suit and expensive leather shoes.  Let's go rub elbows with the city's elite, and show them ke hum bhi kisi se kum nahin (that we're not less than anyone here)."

A short while later...

Viren and Meher were standing together and talking with Nihal, Veera, Gaurav, Sam and Ashlesha.  Preet was slowly making his way in their direction when Lalit stopped him, and he suddenly found himself surrounded by his father, brothers, and some of their business associates.

"Ah!  There he is!" beamed Lalit.  "The man of the hour!  The future of Juneja Enterprises!"

"And the future of Rampal Industries as well," added another man.

"Well, I'm not retiring just yet," chuckled Rishap.  "I don't think I had a chance to say it earlier son...but...welcome to the family."

"That is gracious of you Rishap," smiled Lalit.  "Aren't you going to say something Preet?"

"I...uh...I don't exactly know what to say...," mumbled Preet.

"Ha!" Lalit laughed out loud.  "Maya was right, he's so overwhelmed with everything that's happened tonight, he's speechless!"

"That's one way of putting it," muttered Preet.

"Here, have a cigar," the man offered.

"No thank you sir, I don't smoke," said Preet.

"Well how about a drink to celebrate the occasion?" Rishap motioned to a waiter.  He took a glass from him and offered it to Preet.

"No thanks sir, I don't drink either," said Preet.  He frowned at the goblet full of alcohol in his father's hand.  "I like to be in control of my senses at all times.  You never know who you can hurt if you're not."

"Wah!  Beta ho to aisa (A son should be like this only)," smiled the man standing between Lalit and Rishap.  "He doesn't drink.  He doesn't smoke.  A clean cut young man, who listens to his father.  A rarity these days.  You should be proud of him Lalit."

"Yes...uh...I am...I am," Lalit put his glass down.

"Preet, this is Mr. Oberoi.  He's one of our associates from Honk Kong."  Prem introduced the man who had just complimented Preet.

"He's also a potential investor," added Herman.

Mr. Oberoi held his hand out for Preet to shake.  "Congratulations on your engagement son," he said.  "It's quite a feat, bringing 2 major business rivals together, that too in the name of love.  Congratulations!"

"Thank you," said Preet, as he shook the man's hand reluctantly.  "But the real credit goes to my father.  He's a mastermind deal maker."

"Uh Preet...why don't you come with me?" offered Prem.  "I'll introduce you to some of more of our associates."

Preet glanced in the direction of the young couples again.  "Actually PB, I was about to go join my friends."

Rishap and Lalit looked back and smiled when they saw Ashlesha in the group.

"Of course, of course, go ahead son," smiled Rishap.  "You just got engaged.  You and Ashlesha must have tons of things to talk about."

Preet nodded then walked off.  As he approached the group of friends, he positioned himself by a pillar watching the young couples, listening in on the conversation but not willing to join it.  How could he join them and pretend to be happy when he was clearly not?  Meher had gotten engaged to someone else.  There could be no bigger rejection than that.  He knew he should ignore his feelings for her and just walk away, but he couldn't.  All he could do was continue to stare at her, taking in every detail of her beautiful face, while his guts churned up inside knowing that he couldn't have her.  Someone else had snatched her away from him.  Snatched her away from him?  No way!  Not yet!  She was engaged, not married, and he wasn't going to let that happen!

"So...you both are in business?" Viren asked Nihal and Gaurav.

"Actually I work for a large San Francisco based I.T. firm," said Nihal.  "I'm leaving for California at the end of the month."  He smiled at Veera and gave her a warm side hug.  "Lucky for me Mr. Juneja agreed to let Veera and I get married so fast.  I get to take her with me."

"And you Gaurav?" asked Viren.

Gaurav didn't say anything at first, then Sam gave him a slight jab in the ribs with her elbow.  "Oh...I...uh...actually I'm in accounting," he said.  "I just joined my father's firm."

"Ah!  The old man is grooming you take over someday, is he?" chuckled Viren.  "That's definitely not my cup of tea.  No way would I be following in my old man's footsteps."

"But I like accounting," Gaurav said through gritted teeth.  "And my dad's a great guy.  I enjoy working with him."

"Oh hey...I didn't mean any offense," smiled Viren.  "It's just that unlike you guys, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth.  My dad is a mid-level manager in one of the Rampal's factories, but that's not what I wanted for myself.  I like to set my sights on something higher, that's why I became a doctor.  My father could only help so much with the tuition, so I worked 2 jobs and went to medical school at the same.  It wasn't easy mind you, but I did it."

"A self-made man," remarked Sam.

"And such a noble profession...being a doctor," remarked Ashlesha.

"Yes," agreed Viren.  "With the added bonus of letting me escape from the trappings of my middle class up-bringing.  I mean just look at these shoes...$600 Italian leather.  My dad would never be able to splurge for something like this.  But me...naam, paisa, izzat, sub kuch mil sakta hai mujhe (Name, money, respect, I can get all of this now).  It's just a matter of time."

Meher looked at Viern as if she was seeing him for the first time.  Is that all he cares about? She wondered.  Money and fame?

"Uh...right...so girls, isn't this exciting?" Veera smiled at Sam, Ashlesha and Meher.  "It seems like only yesterday that I met you guys and now we're all engaged!"

"Yeah...it seems like everything happened overnight for some of us," Preet finally spoke up.

Meher had just managed a small smile for Veera but it died on her lips as her glance shifted to the young man relaxing lazily against a pillar nearby.

"Preet Bhaiya," smiled Veera.  "What are you doing over there?  Please, come join us."

"Preet!" Ashlesha said excitedly.  "I was wondering where you had disappeared to."  She quickly walked over to his side, linked her arm with his and brought him into the circle of conversation.  "Hate to say it girls...but I ended up with the best one of them all!"

"Well, I'm glad someone finally thinks so," said Preet.

Meher knew his remark was directed at her.  "I guess that's up for debate," she frowned.

"I agree," Viren smiled at Meher.  "I feel like I'm the lucky one to have gotten engaged to Meher.  And I'm not such a bad catch either, if I do say so myself."

"Speaking of getting engaged Meher," said Veera.  "I knew about Gaurav and Sam, but you and Viren..."  She glanced at her brother apologetically.  "When did this happen...I mean...how did you 2 meet?"

"We...uh...," began Meher.

"Yes Meher, do tell."  Preet spoke up.  "Just how did this all begin?"

"We bumped into each other at a wedding not too long ago.  I mean...actually bumped into each other," chuckled Viren.  "I don't know about Meher, but her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her demeanor...I was captivated right then and there."

Captivated my foot!  Thought Preet.  You were ogling her as if you had Superman's X-ray vision, you cheap cassanova!

"And I remember Preet here behaving like an over-protective older brother and taking her away before I could even talk to her," chuckled Viren.

"Older brother!" Preet hissed under his breath.  "Why you..."  He was about to take a step forward, when Gaurav put his hand on his shoulder.

"We're all good friends Viren, so we are sort of protective about each other," said Gaurav.  "Some of us have known each other since childhood.  We only want what's best for one another."

"Of course," smiled Viren.  "And if I were in Preet's shoes I would have done the exact same thing.  I will admit I did have my eyes fixed on her that night."

Ogling!  It's called ogling!  Preet screamed inside his head.  O-G-L-I-N-G!!

"But you can't really blame me.  I mean, I am human after all."  Viren looked at Meher appreciatively and smiled. "The way she looked that night...and the way she looks tonight..."

Meher's face turned red as Viren slid his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him.  Instinctively her eyes darted in Preet's direction.  The expression he wore could put the grim reaper to shame.

"Viren...please," whispered Meher, as she tried to put some distance between them.

"It's okay Meher," Viren whispered back.   "We're engaged.  Everyone knows we're together now."

Meher nearly jumped out of her skin as Viren let his thumb caress her bare waist.  The gesture didn't escape Preet's notice either.  With both clenched jaw and fists, his eyes were fixed on Viren's hand.  If looks could kill, Viren would be lying on the floor.

"So," continued Viren.  "I guess it was a stroke of pure luck that Meher turned out to be Mrs. Rampal's step-niece.  She set up the whole thing."

"How convenient," grumbled Preet.

"It was," agreed Viren.  "I mean...not only did I get the girl I wanted...her relationship with the Rampals is already helping me rub elbows with the elite class.  We're not even married yet and I'm standing here talking to you guys already.  My engagement took place in a huge luxury hotel like this.  My dad couldn't even begin to afford the per plate cost of the catering here tonight, but Mrs. Rampal saw to everything...transportation, clothes...I didn't even have to pay for the rings.  And hey, did I mention my shoes?  They're..."

"$600 Italian leather," Sam rolled her eyes as she finished his sentence.

"Exactly," grinned Viren.  "Meher's my lucky charm.  Aren't you Meher?  He gave her an affectionate squeeze."

Sam exchanged an amused look with Gaurav, then looked at Meher.  Her friend clearly looked like she wanted to be anywhere but standing next to Viren.   "So you're from Ludhiana too?" she asked.

"Originally yes, but I work and studied right here in Delhi," said Viren.

"Isn't it great to have a doctor in our circle of friends Meher?" said Ashlesha.  "You know Viren, Preet was sick not too long ago.  If we had known you then, we could have asked you for advice."

Me ask this jerk for advice?  Over my dead body! Thought Preet.

"Now now, Ashlesha," Viren wagged a finger at her.  "I don't believe in giving away my services for free."

But you don't mind taking free handouts, especially if they're coming from the Rampals!  Fumed Preet.

"Viren, what are you saying?" said Meher, clearly embarrassed.  "These are my friends...my family."

"Aww...isn't she a softie?" smiled Viren.  "That's it folks!  The future Mrs. Chadda has spoken.  I guess I'll have to make an exception for Meher's family and friends.  By the way Veera, being the sweet girl she is, Meher was concerned that we sort of crashed in on your special day.  I told her I was sure you didn't mind."

"Why would she mind?  It was good for her family's business, right?" Preet said flatly.  "We Junejas are famous for that...you know...sacrificing it all in the name of business."

"Uh...yeah...uh...So Meher have you and Viren set a date yet?" asked Veera.

"No," said Meher.  "I mean, I'm sure we'd like to get to know each other better first and then..."

"Oh but it will have to be very soon," Viren cut her off.  "I leave for the US in a few months to start my internal medicine residency.  It will have to be before then, if we're going to get all of Meher's papers filed in time for her to go with me.  There is no way I'm leaving this beautiful girl behind."

Preet looked away as Viren gave Meher another hug.

"You're going to be moving to the US too?" cried Veera.  "How exciting!  Which state?  Maybe we'll be able to see each other."

"Virginia," said Viren.  "It's on the east coast, but we'll definitely keep in touch."

"Speaking of keeping in touch," said Nihal.  "How about if we all have dinner together sometime this week?  I mean, it won't be long before we all go our separate ways and get busy with our lives.  Then who knows how long it will be before we can see each other so freely."

"That sounds wonderful!" cried Ashlesha.

"Great!  How does Tuesday night sound?" asked Nihal, quickly checking the calendar on his phone.

"Uh...I don't think we can make it," said Meher.

"On the contrary Meher, I think I can make Tuesday night work," said Viren.

Uff!  Thought Meher.  How am I supposed to make him understand, that I can't continue to spend time with Preet?  Nor can I let him do so either.  "But Viren...I don't think it's a good idea," she tried.  "My...uh...Papa Ji has to get back to work.  I don't think I'll be in Delhi."

"Oh, but you have to come," Preet taunted her.  "I'm sure Sam won't mind you staying at her place, or is it the Rampal mansion that you've shifted to now?"  He didn't wait for her to answer.  "In fact, I think Nihal has stumbled upon a great idea.  I think we should spend a lot of time together.  After all, how else are we going to get to know Viru better?"

"Uh...it's Viren," Viren corrected him.

"Whatever you say big guy," grinned Preet.

"And just why would you need to get to know Viren better?"  Meher asked with narrowing eyes.

"Because...he's new in our circle of...friends," said Preet.

"So?" said Meher.

"So...I think it's only fair we get to know the young man who you finally found worthy enough to say yes to," said Preet.  His voice was laced with sarcasm.

"Planning to put me through the ringer are you?" laughed Viren.  "Fine, anything for Meher.  Just as long as you don't run over me with your car."

"Damn!  You read my mind," said Preet.  "Joke tha (it was a joke)," he grinned when he saw Meher glaring angrily at him.

Just then music began to play (Kabhi Jo Badal Barse). 

"Oh hey, I love that song," smiled Nihal as he took his fiance's hand in his.  "Come on Veera, let's dance."

As the young couple slowly moved toward the dance floor, Viren took Meher's hand in his.  "Come on Meher, let's dance too."

"Oh no, I'd rather not," said Meher.  "I'm not very good at dancing."

"What are you talking about?" said Viren.  "You danced brilliantly at Dev Dutt's wedding."

Oh God!  Why did I ever go to that wedding?!  Thought Meher.  "I don't know Viren...," she said reluctantly.

"Come on," urged Viren.  "It'll be fun."

"A dance sounds like a great idea," smiled Ashlesha.  "Come on Preet."

"No thanks," Preet frowned as he watched Viren pull a reluctant Meher to the dance floor.  "I'm not in the mood."

"Oh come on Preet, what's wrong with you?" Ashlesha said with a pout.  "You've been behaving strangely ever since we got engaged.  This is supposed to be an important night for both of our families.  Everyone is having a good time except us."

"Ash I told you I'm not in the mood!" said Preet.

"Um...Ash...your nose is shining," Sam spoke up quickly.  "Don't you think it's time for a touch up?"

"O-M-G, is it?!  How embarrassing!" Ashlesha cried as she pulled out a compact and checked her make-up.  "Don't go anywhere Preet.  I'm going to make a quick trip to the powder room and then we'll have our dance."

Lucky me, grumbled Preet.  He waited until Ashlesha left before turning to his friends.  "Thanks Sam."

"Sure," said Sam.  "But I'm afraid she'll be back before you know it."

"Who cares, even a reprieve of a few minutes from her is something to be grateful about," sighed Preet.  Then he turned to Gaurav and smacked him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" cried Gaurav.

"I was watching you guys talk from over there," Preet motioned to the pillar nearby.  "You were making chit-chat with that jerk Viren."

"Sam made me do it," said Gaurav.

"Well, you already refused to shake hands with him earlier," Sam pointed out.  "He asked you a question right in front of Meher.  Not talking to him would have been so blatantly rude.  I don't agree with what she's doing but she is still my best friend."

"Just what is Meher up to?" asked Gaurav.

"Your guess is as good as mine," sighed Sam.  "So, what do you guys make of Viren?"

"He's pretty proud of himself," remarked Gaurav.

"Hmm...he does like to talk a lot," agreed Sam.

"...about himself," chuckled Gaurav.

"He's a jerk," Preet said flatly.

"Regardless of what he is Preet, Meher appears to have made her choice," sighed Gaurav.  "Maybe it's time for you to move on."

Preet looked up angrily at his friend.

"Then again, maybe not," Gaurav immediately retracted his words.

"Uh-oh, don't look now boys," said Sam.  "Ash is heading back towards us."

"What are you going to do about her anyway?" asked Gaurav.

"I don't know," said Preet, as his eyes settled on Viren and Meher again.  "She's the least of my concerns right now."

"Well..., sighed Gaurav.  "If it's okay with you I'd like to dance with my fiance.  Let me know if you need anything."  Preet didn't answer.  "Come on Sam."

Preet watched as Gaurav took Sam's hand and led her away, then turned his attention back to Viren and Meher.  They were dancing close to each other...too close for his comfort.  To make matters worse Ash was headed in his direction.  He felt trapped.  It was as if all the powers that be had come together specifically to torment him.

Preet glanced from Viren and Meher to Ashlesha again.  Suddenly an idea struck him.  He motioned for a waiter to come to him, slipped him some money and whispered something in his ear.  The waiter nodded and left just as Ashlesha reached him.

"I'm back!" she announced.  "I didn't need a touch up after all.  I think it's just the lighting in this particular spot.  We can have our dance now Preet, and I won't take no for an answer."

"Actually Ash, you're right," said Preet.

"I am?" Ashlesha said in surprise.

"We should dance," said Preet.  He took her by the hand and led her to through the crowd of couples to right where Viren and Meher were dancing.

(Please double click on the play button to hear the song they are dancing to)

Meher watched the couple approach.  Great! She scowled.  He has the entire dance floor to choose from and he has to come here!  Well Preet Juneja, prepare to be royally ignored! 

No sooner had the thought crossed her mind, Preet twirled his partner around several times then pulled her close to him.  Ashlesha squealed in delight as he twirled her around again then effortlessly dipped her backwards over his arm, and smiled at her.  His eyes suddenly darted in Meher's direction, she turned her face away, but not before he caught her looking at him.  Damn!  She thought.

Preet twirled Ashlesha again and drew her to him so that her back rested against his chest.  He slid his hands up her arms and held her intimately close as they danced.

Meher's mouth fell open as Preet rubbed his cheek against Ashlesha's.  She could feel her face grow hot.  No matter how hard she tried, she could not ignore the way Preet was dancing with Ashlesha.

"Well, they're definitely into each other," remarked Viren.  "They must really be in love."

"Or enjoy making a spectacle of themselves," Meher said grudgingly.  

At that very moment Preet threw her a cocky grin.  Damn!  Damn!  Damn!  Thought Meher as she quickly averted her gaze.  He had caught her staring again.

Preet continued to sway to the music with Ashlesha in his arms, slowly edging closer to Meher and Viren.  He looked over at the waiter he had given money to earlier.  The man stood attentively nearby with a tray of h'oerdouves in his hand.  A slight nod from Preet set him in motion and he began to walk in between the dancing couples, carefully balancing the tray in one hand held over his head.

Without warning, Preet spun Ashlesha out again.  She bumped into the waiter sending bite-sized snacks, and green and red colored chutneys flying in the air.

"Ugh!" screamed Ashlesha as she pulled a shrimp out of her hair.

"Are you alright?" Preet asked with fake concern.

"No!  Of course I'm not alright!  Can't you see...my hair!  My dress!" cried Ashlesha.  "Everything is ruined!"

"I'm so sorry ma'am," said the waiter.  "It was an accident.  Can I help you clean up?"

"Don't touch me you idiot!" said Ashlesha as she stormed off.

Preet turned his attention to Viren and Meher.

"Sir, may I be of some assistance?" the waiter was saying to Viren in his most apologetic tone.

"Help?!" cried Viren as he snatched a small towel from the waiter's hands.  "Are you blind?!  You've spilled chutney all over my brand new shoes!  I know the owners!  I'll have the damages deducted from your pay check!  Better yet, I'll have you fired!"

"Viren, please calm down...you're making a scene," said Meher.  "It was an accident.  The poor man is sorry.  They're just shoes.  They can be cleaned."

"Just shoes!"  said Viren.  "They're $600 Italian leather!"  He gave Meher an exasperated look before storming off towards the men's room.

Meher heard Preet chuckling behind her.  She turned and glared angrily at him.  "You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"What?!"  Preet put his hand over his heart and gave her a shocked look.  "Why Meher Maan, are you by any chance insinuating, that I orchestrated that entire incident just to get rid of good old Chaddi?"

"It's Chadda, and yes...that is exactly what I'm saying," Meher folded her arms across her chest.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," lied Preet.  "But hey, would you look at that, we're both without dance partners."  He held his hand out for Meher.  "Let's dance."

Meher rolled her eyes and shook her head.  "No thanks," she said dryly.

Preet took her by the wrist as she tried to walk past him and pulled her into a dance position.  "I wasn't asking."

"Why you...," Meher hissed through gritted teeth as she struggled to free herself from his grip.

"Careful now Meher," whispered Preet.  "You don't want to create a scene like your previous dance partner just did, do you?  He twirled her around and caught her in his arms again.  "So many important business associates, investors, politicians and guests floating about...not to mention the smattering of press photographers...you wouldn't want to do anything that would hurt my family's business, would you?"  Meher grew quiet.  "Nah...in fact I'm willing to bet you would do anything to help my family.  Pyar jo itna karti ho tum mujhse (You love me too much)."

"What?" said Meher.

Before she could say another word, Preet took her hand in his and began to walk off.  "Chalo mere saat (Come with me)," he said.

She hadn't realized it but they had danced their way to one end of the room, and now Preet was taking her away somewhere.  To be alone with him again was the last thing she wanted right now.

Credit: The Italian leather shoes idea came from 3 Idiots πŸ˜†

Hope you all  found the chapter interesting.  πŸ˜Š

Please hit the like button and leave your feedback for me.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Links to lots of Meet scenes are on page 1, 5th post of this thread, so do check them out.

Take care and happy reading. πŸ€—

Chapter 28 Preview: Preet convinces Kuljeet to let Meher stay in Delhi 

Link to Chapter 28: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/137360018

Link to: Table of contents

Edited by Fatima_Q - 7 years ago
Sumaan_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
LOVELY,LOVED ITπŸ€—PLZ UPDATE SOON
Cutediary thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Cute & interesting update...u write so beautifully...keep it upπŸ‘
Preet Meher chooo chweet😊
AASUS thumbnail
Woohoo will chk later when I'm home. Wow double damaka today huh Deah Memoir and story update πŸ₯³Edited by AASUS - 7 years ago
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great  oart.although i love meher but very irritated on her nw.i really want being jealous,n out of jealously declaring her fr preet.thnks fr pm,do cntinue soon