Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 026)

"I KNOW EXACTLY what you are thinking," Khushi stated, halting on the second step from the bottom. This brought her at eye level with her husband.

Arnav lifted his eyebrow and said, "I highly doubt it."

"You were thinking about the calendar shoot last year. Correct?"

He blinked. His eyes showed surprise and he nodded slowly.

Khushi's early success inspired her to continue. "You were thinking you should have known then that you were in love with me. Hai na?"

He shook his head. "Wrong. My thoughts had nothing to do with love."

She tried again.

"Oh wait!---you were thinking how my modelling a saree from the ARGroup bridal collection that day was some sort of premonition."

"Absolutely not that!"

Khushi felt let down by her augury powers. "What then? What were you thinking?" she asked, her tone dejected.

"You really want to know?" His silky words were like a match to her inner wick.

She half-nodded half-gulped.

"Prepare yourself," he warned. Without touching her, he leaned towards her, bringing his mouth to her ear and said in a low voice, "that day, when I saw you at the photo shoot in the red saree, I so badly wanted you, Khushi. I replayed that moment for a hundred nights---and feasted on you in my imagination. And when I saw you just now, walking down the stairs towards me, it was exactly the same. The power you have on my body has not diminished one bit."

His words sent a molten charge of heat through her body.

Arnav caught her to him, so she knew---and felt---the truth of his words. With a hand cradling her head, he engulfed her mouth with a kiss that left her dizzy with need. When they parted, he said holding her gaze, "you can't understand this, Khushi---but trust me when I tell you that not everyone has what we have. Even those who share a great love---even they may not have this." He pulled her closer yet. "Don't ever trivialize it. It's rare."

Khushi couldn't speak. She couldn't fully understand him, but she heard and understood this: their physical life was to be savoured and nurtured; that it was as precious as their love.

ASHOK SEN WAS AN NRI from Russia where the SenHotels brand dominated the hospitality industry. Arnav Singh Raizada was determined to supply their entire chain with textiles, linens and soft furnishings. It could be a significant contract for ARGroup, and Arnav had courted SenHotels for a year. But without success. His initial dealings had been with the elder Mr Sen, who was Indian to the core and strove to purchase Indian goods whenever possible. Unfortunately, his son, Ashok, had no nostalgia about India, and Arnav had not been able to sway him away from his other suppliers. But as we know, Sisters, Arnav was not easily dissuaded. He had learnt that Ashok was in Delhi for a few days and decided to see if a deal could yet be forged. Ashok was staying at The Imperial, and the meeting had been arranged there for his convenience. Arnav led Khushi to the cafe in the atrium.

"Khushi, I'll be over there," he pointed to the Polo Bar, "will you sit here? I don't want you in the bar sitting alone."

She nodded and touched his hand, "of course. I'll have some juice and enjoy the view."

Arnav silently questioned his wife's ability to sip juice and look at a fountain for an hour. "There are some shops in the lobby. Do you have some money?" he asked.

Khushi nodded, opened her clutch and showed him, "Yes. I have three...no, almost four hundred rupees."

Arnav shook his head with amused exasperation. The woman he had once suspected a gold-digger, was now a Raizada but still walked around with only enough money for channe and a rickshaw ride. He removed some money and a credit card from his wallet, and stuffed in into her bag. "I've showed you where I keep cash in the room. You should carry more with you. Now, please tell me you have your phone."

She whipped it out and showed him. "Fully charged."

"Good girl," he dropped a kiss on her nose.

TO ARNAV'S PLEASANT SURPRISE, Ashok Sen appeared more approachable than he had been at their last meeting. He said he was impressed with the samples ARGroup had sent, and even showed an interest in touring the mill and manufacturing plant---but it would have to be on his next trip, as the day after next he departed for Kolkata to visit his parents.

"Mom and Dad prefer to live in India now. Russia was never home for them," he explained.

"And you are more Russian than Indian," Arnav ventured.

Ashok laughed, "except in diet. Russians are not known for their cuisine." He glanced at his phone yet again.

Arnav took the hint. "I'm keeping you from another appointment."

"Not at all," Ashok replied. "I'm pleased we met again. I'll be back in India in four months. We can talk further then."  They shook hands and moved to leave the bar.

Ashok added, "I appreciate you coming to the hotel, Mr Raizada. My wife is with me---it's actually our honeymoon---but she speaks neither English nor Hindi, so I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone for too long."

"I understand," Arnav said. "I'm also newly married, and though my wife speaks both languages, I'm still loathe to leave her alone. She's waiting for me in the atrium."

Arnav extended his hand again, but Ashok was looking over Arnav's shoulder. "Is Mrs Raizada wearing a black saree?" he asked.

Arnav immediately turned to follow Ashok's sightline---and saw Khushi and a statuesque blonde approaching them.

Khushi reached Arnav first. She silently conveyed the necessary with her eyes. Introductions were made. As Tatyana Sen spoke only Russian, Ashok had to listen, translate and convey.

"Taty tells me you have not only kept her company but also helped her in the jewellery shop," Ashok said to Khushi. "How did you communicate? I'm assuming you don't speak Russian."

"We both speak the language of shopping. Every woman is fluent in it. It involves a lot of pointing and waving our hands about," Khushi laughed, demonstrating.

With one hand on Ashok's lapel, Tatyana pointed to Khushi's hand, and spoke in Russian.

Khushi explained to Arnav, "Mrs Sen admired the ring and asked me to see if the hotel shop had something similar."

"Did they?" Arnav asked.

"No," Khushi replied.

Ashok asked, "may I?" Khushi extended her hand. "It's stunning," Ashok said in English, and then had a brief conversation with his wife. Turning to Arnav, he asked, "would you be able to introduce us to your jeweller?"

"Of course."

THE SENS INVITED THEM to join them for dinner at the hotel,and despite the awkward process of communicating in translation, Khushi enjoyed herself. She had not realized that the woman who admired her ring in the jewellery shop was the wife of the man Arnav was meeting. It became clear much later when Tatyana pointed out her husband and Khushi saw Arnav next to him. After dinner, the Sens walked them to the lobby. Arnav had arranged for the Raizada jeweller to come to the hotel in the morning with some rings for their consideration. This thrilled Tatyana. She said something to Ashok, her voice excited.

Ashok nodded to his wife---then turned to Khushi to ask, "Can Taty impose on you further? She's anxious about meeting Mom and Dad for the first time and would like your guidance in choosing some suitable outfits for her to wear while we are in Kolkata. Would you be available to shop with her tomorrow? It's our last day in Delhi."

Khushi sensed that Arnav would not disapprove; nevertheless, she met his eyes and saw in his answer that it was her decision. "I would enjoy that very much," she replied, and took Tatyana's hands in hers to express the same.

Ashok said to Arnav, "while the ladies are shopping perhaps you and I could tour the plant and discuss business."

On the drive home, Khushi tried to squelch a yawn.

Arnav took her hand and brought it to his lips. "You're exhausted." He placed her hand on his thigh, shifted gears and picked it up again.

"I forgot to ask," she said, "was your meeting a success?"

"You may have won us the contract," he said, casually.

"Kya?"

"Ashok Sen knows his wife will be in good hands tomorrow, so he'll be less distracted and more amenable. I intend to close that deal before he boards the flight for Kolkata," Arnav stated emphatically.

Khushi ran her hand dangerously close to her husband's goods, and replied saucily, "If you close the deal, I shall expect a sizeable commission."

He laughed, "Don't worry. You'll be amply rewarded."

By Jalebi Jane

lara3110 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Excellent update. So Arnav is on the verge of clinching a deal with Ashok Sen...👏
archmink thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aahhh and what's the commission for rewards in such cases ??? Well we will see when they reach home ...
I love this new tung of shopping ... Isn't it true though one needs to use hands and smile ...
Edited by archmink - 7 years ago
Vithagan2304 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Wow cant wait fr d women's shopping spree
_Oorja_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Gosh! Khushi.
I am loving this.
IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Wonderful. My poor innocent Khushi, she really thought it was about calender shoot and love at time when he saw her in red sari 🤣his eyes, his body, his expressions, all indicated physical desire which even all the fans back then understood already 😆 but well, he enlighted her.
That was typical Khushi, 400 rupees being much and getting friends with someone who couldn't speak her language even. Our Sanka Devi is helping him crack this deal and is going to be rewarded☺️
Waiting for next one
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Maya,

This is another chapter I remember with so much fondness from my first reading of Khushi. Isn't she something this lovely girl from Lucknow, who her boss-turned-husband once assumed was a gold-digger, who does not speak fluent English, but still manages to speak the language of humanity so beautifully, who may now own millions courtesy of her husband, but still only keeps enough money in her purse to buy channe and take a rickshaw ride...thank you for retaining the quintessential Khushi in this story - beauty in her simplicity, grace in her every deed, at once mature and childish. The woman we all came to empathize with and love. 

I love the fact that Arnav's views today are so radically different from back in the day when we first knew him in IPK. Today he idolizes this woman, he knows his physical yearning for her and his soul connection, he has recognized, he has surrendered. Khushi might clinch the deal with Ashok Sen for AR and collect her commission yet! In fact she is certain to, is she not? Tatyana finds a kindred spirit in her and a soul who is genuine and sincere about helping. Ashok Sen - as good a businessman as ASR no doubt, might be only too keen to award this contract to AR...after all he loves his wife as much as ASR does...okay, that might be debatable of course! Loved the line about Khushi's hand and her husband's goods! 😆You aced it, girl! 👍🏼

Hugs,

Anu

PS: and yes, I forgot the lovely conversation about the red sari and what it brought back to husband and wife with regard to the calendar shoot! Arnav realizing and admitting how badly he wanted her then and asking Khushi to never talke lightly the smouldering chemistry and physical passion they share. As though she ever will, Maya. Our feisty heroine will certainly give him a run for his money in that department as she blossoms from the girl to the woman she is! 😳
Edited by Anu567 - 7 years ago
mira thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow !! such raw characters!!! loved how Arnav said all those things... there seems no secrets between them now... nothing that matters atleast... cant wait for more such talks from arnav
Chochoo83 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awsum chapter read last three chapter together loved them:)
cocoamob thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ah, the calendar shoot - where Khushi had Arnav almost hypnotized - she looked enchanting in that red saree! And now he is free to talk about how he felt then and how he feels now :-)
"Arnav silently questioned his wife's ability to sip juice and look at a fountain for an hour."
This had me laughing out loud - he knows his Khushi so well! She went on to charm Mrs. Sen too - that is Khushi for you!