IPKKND FF: KHUSHI by JALEBI JANE Thread 1: EPISODE 001-052 - Page 45

Posted: 7 years ago
Maya,

Ever since the day I have started reading your work, I have been in love with the communication between arnav and khushi, the intimacy in their language, their conduct in each other's presence, and especially the dialogue between them.

However, till date, I am yet to come across a dialogue as powerful as this one,

"Understand this. When you wear the saree of my choosing, it feels as though you are wrapped up in me---even when you are across the room, I am touching you."

I swear, till date, no other dialogue has made me feel the way this dialogue does. It gives me goosebumps every single time I read it. I read it on repeat and get stuck at it every time I come across it because I love the feelings it evokes. It thrills me to no end. And most of all, it scares me because it makes me want to have a man like this in my life, when in reality, I have rarely ever thought about a romantic relationship for myself. But this dialogue, it makes me want everything that I wouldn't otherwise wish for.

It makes me giddy and my cheeks heat up when I read it, it is so intimate and special that it makes my heart beat louder. This dialogue, I can never say enough about it, my vocabulary falls short in front of everything this dialogue encompasses.

Lota of love and duas,
Sonia
Wow...superb updates
Continue soon 
He is quite the bully 😆 I thought she would still be in the same saree 
but I suppose she doesn't want to excite😉 him further ... 
Loved both Episodes 13 and 14. They were awesome.  
"Understand this. When you wear the saree of my choosing, it feels as though you are 
wrapped up in me---even when you are across the room, I am touching you..."  what could 
be more explicit !!! 
The heat is rising between the two ... 😳

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 015)

WE ALL KNOW, SISTERS, that once party guests have dined, they will soon begin to gather their children and dig for their car keys. In order to counter this exodus, the Mehras asked the DJ to launch into pulsing dance music soon after dinner. Guests, who a few minutes earlier had been ready for their beds, now flocked to the dance floor. Some lively young women Khushi had met earlier called out for her to join them. She declined with a smile and a shake of her head.

"Go on," Anjali encouraged her Bhabhi. "You love to dance!"

Shyam added greasily, "yes, Khushiji---it's a pleasure to watch you. You dance beautifully. Just because your husband is a bore and doesn't know how to enjoy life, doesn't mean you should be deprived."

As always, when Shyam was angry, he got careless with his words. He had sat fuming for the past half hour, piqued by Arnav's untimely intervention and resentful of their public intimacy. It's all a charade---he consoled himself. It's a forced marriage; Khushi herself had revealed that. One of them slept by the pool; he himself had seen the evidence. Yet, despite all this, when he saw them together---like this evening, like yesterday evening at the cinema---he wanted to tear the limbs off the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada.

KHUSHI TENSED AT SHYAM'S WORDS.  But more importantly, there was a tangible shift in Arnav. She glanced at her husband and saw a storm gather on his brow. His face darkened. Mouth tightened. Eyes narrowed. Seeing the fury in her husband's face, Khushi could honestly say that she hated the man named Shyam. Or did she really only hate herself? Shyam's attempts to generate--- a response from Arnav were due to her carelessness. She felt sick. Because of her, Shyam provoked Arnav because he knew their marriage was not real. 

And Arnav was triggered because he must be aware that Shyam knew about their forced marriage. There was no other explanation for why Arnav had recently become so harsh towards his brother-in-law.

This chilling indictment meant that Arnav also knew who had told Shyam. Then why has he not confronted me? Was he waiting? Would he pick his moment? Her husband was not a patient man, but he was a master of timing. Fear-induced nausea rose in her throat.

I have wrecked my own happiness even before I have fully tasted it. 

But this was not the time to think of herself. She had to distract Arnav before he exploded in public.

She heard Arnav state in a chilling accent, "Khushi is not an entertainer for others to admire her dancing. She's my wife!" On the word wife, his fist slammed the table.

"Chotte!" Anjali reacted in shock. "What on earth---!?"

She had to do something! Khushi grabbed his fist in both her hands, which instantly brought his eyes towards her.  "Arnav---Arnavji, I feel sick. I need some air," she said. With her eyes, she begged, please.'

He immediately came to his feet, pulling her to him, and with his arm along her waist, led her outside, leaving behind a perplexed group.

AKAASH AND ANJALI were never surprised at their brother's temper, but this possessive behaviour was something entirely new. They could only attribute it to his married state---their brother had finally come to learn that not everything in life was a dispensable commodity. But Payal knew more than they, and a troubling thought began to germinate in her mind. 

What did Arnav know about Shyam and Khushi?

And what of Shyam, Sisters? He was all the more irritated. He could not claim victory, nor could he understand Khushi's actions. His intention had been to provoke Arnav, but Khushi had put herself between them. He wondered whether by attacking Arnav, he was creating an enemy in Khushi. That would not serve his long-term goal.

KHUSHI LEANED WEAKLY against the terrace wall, grasping the cool railing. She took in large gulps of evening air. Arnav stood silently behind her, rubbing her arms. She felt him leave, and then he was back within the minute. He twisted her around to face him.

"This will help," he said, scooping an ice cube out of a glass and bringing it to her lips. She parted her mouth to receive it. But he first rubbed the ice cube across her upper lip, then her lower lip, before popping it into her mouth. She closed her eyes and allowed the frozen shard to melt slowly on her tongue. The cooling effect spread down her throat and into her chest. She felt her breath return to normal.

Arnav rubbed another ice cube along her hairline and across her temples.

She parted her eyes. He looked so concerned, it almost broke her heart. I love him so. I would do anything to make him happy. 

"Better?" he asked.

She nodded, and was able to give him a faint smile.

He placed a finger under her chin and tilted her head so that she was looking right into the dark ocean of his eyes.

"Khushi, what are you afraid of?"

Her heart jumped as his sharp mind zoned in on the germane question. She was accustomed to being the one who asked the direct questions. His role was to evade them.

"Dar? Nahin. Kuch nahin," she stammered out.

Arnav didn't speak for the longest moment. She felt he was weighing his words. He finally said, "you no longer have to do everything by yourself."

Khushi felt tears form at the back of her eyes. Was it true? Am I truly no longer alone? A tiny hope began to flower in her heart. If Arnav knew she had betrayed their secret to Shyam, would he be so tender, so generous towards her? Would he be so protective? Could she be mistaken? Was it possible that he didn't know?

THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR NOW, Arnav decided. He could show her she was safe and that she was not alone. But nothing in their future life would mean anything if she did not trust him with her secret. He would wait for her to come and tell him what Shyam had done to her---when she was ready.

He sent a text to Anjali that he was taking Khushi home. To forestall her worry, he implied she had an upset tummy. It would prevent any other speculation. When they reached home, Hariprakash met them at the front door. He handed Arnav an envelope delivered by messenger earlier that evening. Arnav had been expecting it and was keen to have a quick glance at the documents.

But not in Khushi's presence.

He urged Khushi to go upstairs. He watched her walk away. But before mounting the steps, she stopped, turned and looked at him. He held her eyes. Something passed between them. It could not be articulated, but Arnav knew that today they had taken multiple steps forward. The documents could wait. He caught up with Khushi at the staircase and they went upstairs together.

WHILE ARNAV WAS IN THE BATHROOM Khushi sat in front of the mirror and began to remove her earrings. At the movement of her hands, her churiyas tinkled and the pleasing sound reconciled her scattered emotions. She was named Khushi for a reason, she reminded herself. And she had much to be happy about. This morning she had not known who she was. Now, she knew. She was married to the man she had loved and denied for months. It did not matter how it had come about. This strange difficult angry man had somehow become her entire life, and she now had a chance to love him openly with all the power of her female heart. She would love him, she smiled. And she challenged him to find the strength to resist her.

Arnav Singh Raizada, you will be mine whether or not you want to be. After all, she had forced him to marry her today. This time for ever.

She felt his touch on her neck. He was undoing her necklace---and with it undoing her self-control.

"Leave those," he said, as she began to remove her churiyas.

He lifted her from the stool so she was standing facing the mirror with him close behind her. "But. This. And this.  Has serve---d its purpose," he continued, as he began to remove her saree.

Her hands instinctively went to prevent him. He stopped.

Their eyes met in the mirror, and held. Her hands then fell helplessly to her side. She had cleared his path. He tugged at the saree, unwrapping her like a gift. And when she was divested of the saree, he stepped back like a sculptor admiring his own handiwork.

She felt the warmth in his eyes stoke the warmth in her womb. But her desire and her love for him were not enough to melt away her natural bashfulness. She crossed her arms covering her exposed midriff and stepped away from the mirror---and stepped away from him. A huge part of her wanted to go to him. But her legs simply would not comply.

She saw him take a seat on the recliner, his eyes never leaving her.

"Khushi, don't cover yourself. You know you want me," he stated simply.

His reading of her thoughts shocked her to the core.

"You can't say such things!" she blurted.

He responded by lifting an eyebrow. "Am I wrong?"

Khushi felt her control slipping rapidly. She gathered her wits. "I"I""

"Be careful how you answer, Khushi---for both our sakes," he advised, resting his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward.

Khushi thought for a moment and then her eyes flashed back at him, and accused, "yes, but you want me even more."

A shout of unexpected laughter burst from his chest. He chuckled, and shook his head, "that I cannot deny."

She couldn't help smiling herself. The laughter had eased her anxiety.

"Come here," he said, standing and stretching out his hand. She went to him, now more comfortable. He caught her hand, and with one deft move, he had lifted her in his arms. "So, Mrs Raizada, it appears you won that round," he said, smiling into her eyes.

She returned a triumphant smile.

He set her down on the bed and reached for her, and for a brief moment she felt apprehension. She widened the space between them. He hesitated. Then lifted her hair aside, urged her head to rest on the pillow, and spread out her hair so it fanned across. He covered her with the duvet and straightened.

She instantly felt regret and loss. "Arnavji---?"

He halted and met the unspoken question in her eyes.

"Show me when you are ready, Khushi. I'll wait."

Jalebi Jane

very well written update..good going...👏

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 016)

A WHISPER TICKLED HER CHEEK. "Khushi?"

"Hmmm," she moaned, unwilling to be roused from her delicious sleep. She sank even deeper into the large pillow, snuggling against its warmth.

"Khushi?" the voice came again, a few seconds later. This time more urgent.

"Sone do na..." she mumbled. Irritated at this interruption of her cozy slumber.

"Khushi. Unless you are ready for things to progress, it would be best for you to move to safer distance."

Kya? Yeh avaaz---

Khushi's eyes snapped open.

It still took another moment for the bleary-eyed sleepiness to dissipate---by which time Khushi became aware that she was sleeping on her side, nestled against Arnav, head tucked under his chin, using his chest as a pillow, with her arm flung across his ribcage. The next discovery was even more mortifying: her bent knee rested against his thigh, while her inner thigh slanted across his lower abdomen and hips. His manly heat---including the firm evidence of that very heat---now scorched her thigh!

She gasped.

Drawing in a shaky breath and without adding to the disturbance already caused, she carefully untangled herself from him. She managed to mutter sorry, and turned to face the opposite side, moving dangerously close to the edge of the bed.

There was no more sleep to be had in that bed that night---for neither husband nor wife.

WHEN ARNAV CAME DOWN FOR BREAKFAST, he saw Khushi performing aarti with the family. She had been in the bathroom when he had left for his morning run; nevertheless, he was pleased to see that she had worn the saree he had placed on the bed. That she didn't feel the need to defy his every request was a good sign; she must no longer feel entirely powerless. He grabbed the newspapers and waited for the rest to join him at the dining table. They wandered in, and Khushi and Payal followed with the breakfast dishes. He noted that Khushi did not make eye contact with him.

Nor did she respond to his attempts to meet his eyes while she filled his plate and poured his coffee. Was she embarrassed about last night's near merger and acquisition, he wondered. Or was this something else? With a woman like Khushi it was impossible to decipher. In any case, he wouldn't tolerate her ignoring him no matter what the reason.

She had to be made to understand that.

When everyone had been served, Khushi and Payal sat. Khushi slipped into the vacant chair next to his. With his left hand he immediately grabbed her right hand under the table, placed it on his upper thigh, and held it there. He had her full attention now. She squirmed and pulled as best as she could without arousing suspicion---but without success. He now ignored her. He was able to comfortably eat with his right hand free, but she was not.

Mami pointed out that her green tea had grown cold.

Khushi began to rise. "I'll just---" she said.

"---stay where you are, Khushi," Arnav interrupted, her hand still firmly in his grip. He called out to Hariprakash. He decided to punish her further, and slid her hand farther up his thigh and held it there. She took in a sharp breath. His breath was not quite even either. Their eyes met once more. There was no ignoring what both felt. She was first to break the gaze, and averted her eyes lowering them to her untouched plate.

Arnav cleared his throat, turned to Mami and said, "Khushi and Payal never seem to get through a meal without getting up several times. I don't like it."

Akaash agreed heartily with him.

"But, Bitwa," Mami pointed out, "bahus must serve. This is Raizada House tradition." Mami was a big fan of those traditions which no longer inconvenienced her.

Nani replied, "Manorama, traditions are worth preserving, but once Khushi Bitya and Payal Bitya have served initially, they will sit and enjoy their meal without getting up again. Hariprakash can manage the rest."

"Why aren't you eating, Khushi?" Arnav asked, feigning concern. He freed her hand, and received a venomous glare as a reward. His unusual interest in domestic matters continued. "Maybe we need one more person on staff to help with table service and other duties," he suggested.

Anjali had a thought. "I have someone in mind. I'll look into it. Vaisey, Chotte---can you spare another car and driver from the office? There are five of us at home during the day, and if one of us goes out, then there is no transportation for the others. And by the time we call the office to send a car, an hour has gone by. Khushi took an auto-rickshaw the other day---"

"What?" Arnav turned to his wife. Once again, he grabbed her hand under the table.

Khushi shrugged away the concern. "I am quite accustomed to it."

"Then become unaccustomed," he countered, stressing his point by squeezing her hand. "It's not safe."

After breakfast, he went to fetch his briefcase. He remembered he had not yet spoken to Khushi about the documents. He fished out the envelope from his case, scrawled MRS. ASR on it, left it on her pillow and left for the office.

HE HAD BEEN AT THE MANUFACTURING PLANT all afternoon and was climbing the stairs to his office when a staff member stopped him.

"Sir, Mrs Raizada is waiting for you in your office."

"Which one?" he asked, his eyebrows gathering.

"Your office upstairs," the poor man clarified.

"Dammit!---I know where my office is---I meant, which Mrs Raizada? There are now four Mrs. Raizadas living under my roof."

The assistant was confused. Four wives? He managed to mangle out a reply, "your wife Khushi-ma'am-bhabhi-madam, Sir."

Khushi? Here?

Arnav climbed the stairs two at a time. He entered his office and there was Khushi standing in the middle of the floor, looking especially delectable. But when her eyes met his, he saw tears.

"Khushi---?!" His breath left his body.

Those tears now began to flow unimpeded down her cheeks.

And before he could speak or think, she covered the distance between with a few running steps and launched herself at him. He caught the soft weight of his wife with one arm under her hips and one around her waist.

"What the---!"

Khushi was light, but the energy with which she threw herself at him forced him to widen his step to absorb the impact. Her feet were off the floor and her arms were wrapped around his neck.

"Khushi? Khushi!" he tried to understand what had upset her, but she said nothing, cried softly and would not let go.

There was only one thing to do. He carried her to the desk and sat her down on the edge. He then pried her fingers from around his neck. 

She swallowed a full sob and then miraculously---she smiled through her tears.

"What is this---?" he asked, failing to understand how a smile and tears could coexist. Was this another Khushi quirk?---

"I don't---I really don't know what to---" Again more tears.

He gave her a shake by the shoulders to indicate that he was losing his patience with her.

She reached for her pallu to wipe her tears---looked twice at the embroidered silk voile and decided against it. Her eyes lifted to him, and asked with sparkling watery eyes, "aap ka rumaal---?"

With a frustrated groan, Arnav dug into his pockets, found his handkerchief, and began to mop up her face.

As he wiped, she spoke, "I read the papers," she said. "Thank you, thank you---lakh lakh shukriya."

"Ah," he said, understanding dawning.

She continued, "when I first saw the papers---I thought,  legal documents! Again!'  Aap ko legal documents bohut pasand hai, na?---but when I read what you have done, I had to come and see you."

"You didn't take a rickshaw, did you?"

"What does it matter---?" she cried.

"---Khushi, I'm warning you---no more rickshaws!"

Khushi gave a half-hearted promise, and slid off the desk. She asked, "are you ready to leave the office?"

Arnav felt he should protest---he had meetings---but it was difficult to resist an invitation to spend the rest of the afternoon in Khushi's company. Especially when she must be feeling very generous towards him at this moment, his lustful mind added.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked, picking up his phone and texting Aman to clear his afternoon.

"To Buaji's, of course," she replied, as though any other venue at this moment was not even a remote possibility.

"No, Khushi---you can call and explain later," he said.

"Call? Nahin. I want to tell them with you present," she commandeered his arm and marshalled him out of the office and down the stairs. "I want to tell them that you have bought back Bawji's halwai shop and our house in Lucknow---and that they will both be waiting for them when he has recovered."

Arnav looked down at Khushi's blissful face, and said, "you didn't read the deeds very carefully. The shop and house are in the name of Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada."

She had apparently missed that pertinent detail. Her eyes widened with pleasure. She looked up at him, whispered, "thank you," and impulsively pressed a kiss on his cheek. It was done in full view of his office staff. It occurs to me, Sisters, and must have occurred to Arnav Singh Raizada---that Khushi seemed to only kiss him when there were witnesses present.

Jalebi Jane

Wonderful story .. I just hope khushi will tell Arnav about Shyam
immense pleasure in re-reading this FF
wishing to binge read ...waiting for the blog to reopen
love
anju