Frequent Posters

Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Love the tte--tte between them ...
fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Part 5 is super awesome. Loved the ward of words between ArHi. Looking forward to next part
TheGirlofRavens thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you for your interest. I'm currently making some changes to the website which will allow me to be more free with reader access. 

Thank you! I'll be waiting patiently, it will be my first time ever reading any of your works so I'm excited.  
asryarly thumbnail
No matter how many times I read it, every time I feel like I'm reading it first time.. Thank you Maya for restoring our beloved Khushi :-) most importantly our beloved laad governor...
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Although, I have read this story so many times and knows what's gonna happen still I can't help feel all excited about what's gonna happen next. I know this story is finished but want to read about Arnav as a dad. Thank you maya for writing such a beautiful story.
archnahardik123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Amazing episode. In this story I always thought that Khushi is so much innocent infront of Arnav, she finds out everything after its done. Here too she thought that she win this deal of bed but it's Arnav who won. 
Arnav here is way too smart for her. He did so much wrong to her still she falls for him and he didn't even want her to find about his fault. 
This Arnav and Khushi are just like in the show. Khushi was always deprived of her share of happiness but I am satisfied that Arnav leave no stone unturned to give her all the happiness she deserves.
Loved reading it again maya, fabulous.
shakethebiscuit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
the last line was so amazing, just like the rest of it! I am watching you gal! you turned me in to a stalker! love it
manugan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very very interesting...good I came across such a wonderful narration atleast now...it's awesome.the fiercy wifey and "oh I'm totally in love " husband...precisely our heart stealing raizada s 
shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Usually its difficult to understand arnav but here khushi.
The magic you have in your words .
Bed!! Okay .
JalebiJane thumbnail

-Khushi- by Maya (2012) EPISODE 006

KHUSHI HAD NOT BELIEVED it possible that Mr Raizada was capable of speaking in jest. He always spoke the harshest truth or revealed nothing at all----so to what should she account this jocularity? Arnav Singh Raizada in a teasing mood? Impossible. Then there was only one explanation: they were being watched by a family member and this was yet another episode of -A Happily Married Couple-; that serial which she had been involuntarily cast in ten days ago.

She leaned forward in a conspiratorial manner and whispered in his ear, "kaun hai?"

With stealth, she looked about to see if she could catch someone from the corner of her eye. Her eyes flitted back to meet Arnav who was frowning and appeared perplexed. Perhaps he doubted her support after the way she reacted to the kheer incident the other day. But that was then. Much had happened since. She had come to accept the reality of the next six months. If complying with his directions for one-hundred-eighty days was the price for Jiji's future happiness, she was amenable to endless naatak. Never would she forget how her heart had frozen with fear that afternoon when she saw him extending the divorce papers to her Jiji. She had made the right decision to return to him and she would do all she could to ensure that he never again reached for that divorce threat.

Khushi lifted her brows and repeated in the lowest whisper, "who is it?"

"What the----!"

"Shhh," she stopped him from speaking by pressing her finger across his lips. "Don't worry. Do what you have to do. I won't refuse."

He said nothing for a moment and then, adopting her hushed tone, he repeated, "You won't refuse?"

"No," she breathed softly into his ear. "I'm ready," she encouraged.

He removed the thali from her hands, placed it behind her, and slid her off the counter. Khushi's breath caught as his arms wrapped around her waist bringing her entire lower body into contact with his. She instinctively placed her unsoiled hand on his chest to maintain some respectable distance. After all, this was an act; not real----no point throwing away her entire virtue. Yet it was difficult to remain unmoved. The dhak-dhak of her heart was almost audible----or was that his dhak-dhak? When she looked up at him, she saw he was no longer frowning. He appeared quite at ease; she even detected a bit of a smile on his lips.

Mr Raizada was quite an actor when he chose to be, she noted.

He whispered, "what do I do now, Khushi?"

"Kya? You don't know?" This surprised her.

He shook his head and at the same time his throat made a choking noise.

"Koi baat nahi. Do as I say," she instructed softly. "You can start by telling me that I'm beautiful."

Arnav obliged her.

"Now touch my cheek like you did yesterday. That was quite convincing." Arnav did precisely as she instructed, except he lingered a bit too long over her cheek. "That's enough now," she said, feeling the urgent need to stop him.

But he reached up and tucked a wayward lock of hair behind her ear, smoothing it down, then running a light finger down her earlobe.

She released a shaky breath. "The...uhmm...that's enough...the...that hair thing was quite good. I mean, quite convincing," she conceded.

Arnav thanked her.

Feeling they had provided enough of a show, she now tried to step away, but could not shift easily as his arms were still around her. She indicated with her eyes that he should now drop his arms. He did----but did not step back.

Khushi looked about and saw nobody.

"Was it Di? Or was it Mamiji watching?" she asked.

"Both."

"Both?!----"

At that same moment, Akaash walked into the kitchen. Khushi understood from the timing that it must have been Akaash observing them. This surprised her a bit, as it seemed a decidedly female activity. But she said nothing and moved to the sink to wash her hands.

"Bhai, the driver is here to take you to the airport," Akaash said.

ARNAV GLANCED AT HIS WATCH. Playing with Khushi had caused him to lose track of time. "Yeah----tell him to wait. I'll change and be down shortly."

Khushi turned to face him as she wiped her hands on a towel. He saw curiosity flash across her eyes, but she remained silent. In any other marriage, he would be expected to provide some notice of travel----and certainly some explanation of a sudden trip. But their marriage was no ordinary marriage. He knew she would not ask for an explanation. And he had none to give. Not yet. Arnav met her eyes briefly, turned on his heel and exited the kitchen.

As he climbed the stairs to the bedroom, he felt some uneasiness at leaving the kitchen in that abrupt manner. Perhaps all the more because this afternoon Khushi had resolved for him two points of tension, without him having to persuade, manipulate or coerce her. She had by her own volition demanded her place in his bedroom----and in his bed. And she had shown she was no longer actively focused on leaving Raizada House. In fact, when she had mistakenly believed they were being observed by a family member, she had not only played along with the pretense of their marriage, but had led it.

"Bhai?"

Akaash had followed Arnav upstairs and now tapped on the open bedroom door. "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you to Lucknow for this meeting?"

"No," Arnav replied. "It's not a crisis. Just something I want to check out immediately." And as he removed a fresh shirt from the wardrobe, he added, "I'll be back tonight. Tomorrow morning at the very latest."

Akaash continued, "I really don't mind joining you. Payal and I were going to the cinema this evening, but we can do that another----"

"----cinema?" Arnav stopped in the middle of knotting his tie. He turned away from the mirror, towards Akaash and instructed, "if you go out this evening, take Khushi with you."

"Of course. We'll invite her----"

"----Don't ask. Just take her. It's important, Akaash." And to stress the importance of his directive, Arnav placed his hand upon his brother's shoulder. "Got it?"

"Sure," Akaash confirmed. 

Arnav picked up his jacket and briefcase and was almost out of the room, when he turned back and added as an afterthought, "if Khushi resists, call me."

ONCE AGAIN, ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA was mistaken about his wife. He had no clue. Why would Khushi resist an evening at the cinema? She had not been to the cinema for ages. Indeed, she could not remember how long it had been. Perhaps not since Lucknow. And when Akaash insisted she join him and Payal, she raced upstairs to change. With the Laad Governor not there, she was free to choose her own dress and she opted to wear a lace saree. It was one which had turned up in her wardrobe a few days ago and she had been instantly enchanted by the deep purpley-black colour. She paired it with the amethyst jewellery which she wore at the Bride Unveiling rasam, and took so long matching the perfect churiyas that Payal was sent up to fetch her.

When Payal saw Khushi, she exclaimed, "Khushi!"

Khushi ran to the tall mirror, and cried, "it's too much for the cinema, isn't it? I thought so. I'll change----"

"No! Don't change. You look lovely!" Payal smudged a dot of kohl behind Khushi's ear and gave a laugh. "It's a shame your pati is not here to admire you."

"Jiji, my pati admires only himself. Now, please tie up my blouse," Khushi pouted and presented her back. She was in no mood to hear about Arnav Singh Raizada's so-called devotion to her. Granted, their marriage was not real, but out of courtesy he ought to inform her of his movements. She had felt incredibly foolish when Nani asked her about his whereabouts at dinner. Khushi had managed to salvage the situation by mumbling something about an out-of-town meeting----but it nettled her that he expected her to behave like a wife, when he did not behave like a husband. How does one clap with one hand? Even a sham marriage requires co-operation.

Especially a sham marriage.

Payal giggled when she saw the miniscule blouse. "You are blind. His eyes never leave you, Khushi----and look at this blouse. He dresses you for his pleasure, there is absolutely no doubt."

IT WAS PAST NINE when Arnav reached home. Mama and Mami were seated in the upstairs study watching the evening news.

"Have you eaten, Bitwa?" asked Mami, offering to prepare a plate.

Not responding to her question, he asked, "are Akaash, Payal...and Khushi back from the cinema?" He was informed that they had only just left for the theatre. At the last minute, Anjali and Shyam had decided to join them so they opted for the late show instead.

Before Mami's elaborate explanation was half-completed, Arnav was already dialing Akaash's phone while walking towards the door, leaving behind a befuddled Mama and Mami.

Shyam had gone to be near Khushi! He knew it. He had asked Akaash to take Khushi precisely so she would not be left alone at home with that man. But the reverse had occurred. Khushi was now out with him, and he knew enough of Shyam's blackness to guess the rest.

Dammit! Pick up the phone, Akaash. Of course, Khushi's phone was switched off. Unbelievable!

IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE! Her luck, that is. And insufferable, too. Khushi would have never agreed to go to the cinema had she known that Shyam was joining them. Of course, she tried to back out conjuring several excuses, but Akaash insisted either they would all go or they would all remain at home. He was on the brink of calling Arnav to influence her when she quickly conceded. She didn't want the Laad Governor involved in what was already bound to be an unbearable evening.

Shyam's presence felt like a physical oppression----and now he had maneuvered the queue in such a way that when they entered their row, Khushi was seated next to him. With Anjali nearby, she did not even have the satisfaction of ignoring him when he addressed her directly. He continued to engage her in conversation----and when Anjali was focused elsewhere, he sickened her with his lecherous looks. The theatre lights began to dim signalling the start of the film. Khushi was relieved to have the screen to focus upon----but on the tail of that thought, came another. What if Shyam would take advantage of the dark?

It was such a chilling thought----it brought her instantly to her feet. She stood not knowing quite where to go.

"What is it, Bhabhi?" Anjali asked, her face showing concern.

Khushi had no planned reply, "I...I..."

When another voice finished her sentence. "Di, Khushi and I will sit at the back."

She and the rest of her party turned to see Arnav standing in the aisle, his hand extended towards Khushi.

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago