Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

IPKKND FF: KHUSHI by JALEBI JANE Thread 1: EPISODE 001-052 - Page 7

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
silvercloud1980 wrote:
Thanks for reposting this story. Plz can u complete ur story on parud. I am eager to read it. Very pleased to hear that ur website will be available soon.

Thank you. I'm pleased that you are still interested in it. I'm immersed in the IPKKND frame of mind these days with -Jalebi- and -Convenient Marriage-, so I cannot think of Rangrasiya at the moment. But perhaps some day soon. I wish I wrote faster because I would like to write FFs for every serial in which Ms Irani appears. I think she is brilliant.

JalebiJane

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
TheGirlofRavens wrote:

Dear JJ, 

Will the new readers be welcomed on the website?

I'd love to read the serial whenever the website is up, I want to read and review once it's made available early sept. Looking forward to it. 

Thank you for your interest. I'm currently making some changes to the website which will allow me to be more free with reader access. 

win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So glad ur reposting on if. I find it easier to follow on IF. Thank you. 
JalebiJane thumbnail

-Khushi- by Maya (2012) EPISODE 003

IT IS A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED that when a man realizes he has made a colossal mistake, he will first try to mend matters without admitting that a mistake was ever made. Arnav Singh Raizada was no different. Even before his eyes opened the morning after Holi, he knew three things, absolutely. He knew that a life without Khushi by his side would be unendurable. He knew that Khushi was as much a victim of Shyam's duplicity as his Di. And he knew that he had made a monumental error in judgment and Khushi must never learn of it.

And by what acumen had he come to these conclusions? 

He could not say. 

He was only aware that yesterday when Khushi had said, 'I know how to stop you from hating me' what he had heard was, 'I want to be with you.' And in that moment he tasted complete contentment for the first time in his life. He had no interest in naming what she meant to him. He simply knew he could not do without her. He didn't know how Shyam had entered her life nor what had transpired. That would be discovered; Shyam would be handled.

But now---

He rolled to his side and watched Khushi breathe in slumber. He wanted to laugh at the benevolence of such a universe where his locked heart had actually won this fair maiden. Wait! He didn't believe in fate. What did he believe in? He believed in the rightness of being with Khushi. He climbed out of bed careful not to disturb her. Not because she slept, but because he could not face her yet. This was all too new for him and this time he would make no errors.

KHUSHI OPENED HER EYES only after she heard him leave the room and go downstairs. She had been awakened by the sliding of the wardrobe doors as he dressed. Her eyes had popped open and then immediately shut as she recollected fragments from last night. Asleep on the recliner. Carried to his bed. Removal of all her jewellery. Hai, Devi Maiyya! She knew that nothing had happened; yet, why did she suddenly feel well and truly married? She heard the wardrobe slide open again and then felt, or rather sensed, something placed on the bed. Then he was gone. That is when she had opened her eyes and saw that he had placed upon the bed a saree and some jewellery. Was this to be a daily pattern? There wasn't time to think about that now. She had to get dressed and get out of his room before he returned.

Half an hour later, she slipped into the kitchen where her Jiji was plating the breakfast dishes.

"Thanks for your help this morning," Payal teased.

Khushi didn't respond to her words. "What is it, Khushi?" Payal asked, her voice tinged with concern.

"Kuch nai, Jiji," Khushi replied, forcing lightness into her voice. "I'll take these into the dining room."

Khushi knew that once she faced Arnav Singh Raizada at the table, then all her discomfort about waking up in his bed would dissolve and they would return to business-as-usual. Mutual loathing.

He had been speaking with Akaash, but when she entered the dining area he paused and followed her with his eyes. All this she sensed, as she could not manage to meet his gaze. She served Nani first, then him. She realized she was holding her breath as she filled his plate. He looked up but she deftly avoided his eyes and moved on to serve NK. Once everyone had been served, she and Payal joined the family at the table.

Khushi slipped into the chair next to her husband and felt his eyes resting on her---once again. But she was not brave this morning. She could not summon the strength to meet him eye-to-eye. Instead, she gave all her attention to buttering a piece of toast. And when she looked up to respond to a question by Anjali, she felt the additional burden of avoiding Shyam's unwelcome stares.

Anjali was forced to repeat her question. This drew Arnav's focused attention upon her once again.

"Are you unwell, Khushi?" he asked.

"I'm fine," she replied, and smiled at Anjali to reassure her as well. But as the opportunity to escape was presented, she pushed away from the table and said, "though I seem to have a slight headache. Please excuse me. I'll just get some medicine."

It was the wrong plan of action.

Before she knew it, Arnav was on his feet, had her hand in his and said, "come with me." Her protests were ignored as he led her up the stairs, down the hall and back into the very bedroom she had been so eager to escape half an hour ago. Moreover, he made her sit on his bed, but when it seemed that he would force her to lie down, she brushed him aside and jumped to her feet.

"Whose benefit is this naatak for? I'm perfectly fine. I just need to---"

"Shut up and lie down!" he barked.

"I'm fine---"

"---Khushi!"

There was nothing to do but lie down on the bed and allow Dr Raizada to attend to her.

"Take these," he said, uncurling her fist and placing two tablets in her palm. He held the water glass to her mouth as she swallowed. "Drink some more water," he insisted.

She did as she was told. She then shut her eyes so she would not have to meet his, and leaned back on the pillow.

"Sleep," he instructed.

Khushi stretched out on the bed. He spread the blanket over her. Even tucking it under her chin. It occurred to her that whatever his motive, it was nice to be attended to by him. With her eyes closed, she listened to him work at his laptop, occasionally making calls in a low voice and once or twice she even felt his cool hand examining her forehead and neck for evidence of a fever. She must have fallen asleep at some point because when she woke, he was lying next to her, fast asleep. But something was not quite right. Something disturbing.

She looked down and saw that though there was a large gap between their bodies, they had held hands while sleeping.

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail
Sisters:
Some of you wanted to read -Jalebi-.
I've started posting it on this thread.

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
nisha_mehta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice part
Arnav has finally realised his mistake and that khushi is innocent.
Waiting to see how he Eil win over khushi and her heart
Continue soon 
win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow mr raizada is quite clever here. Poor khushi so lost.
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Maya,

Equally magical the second time around. Love the thrumming in my ears that this work of fiction seems to inspire! Arnav Singh Raizada is his quintessential elegant and formidable self. And a Khushi who wears her heart on her sleeve, or in her eyes is to i.e. For. Such a beautiful equation between these two. Loving it! 

Best,

Anu
glitter5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
U are getting me addicted to the story againšŸ˜³
Its  kinda nice knowing that story will be posted regularly 
Edited by glitter5 - 7 years ago
tessyrani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi,

I have read your story Khushi several time when you have published before. But you have wrote an alternate version of Khushi (by including Rangrasiaya charactes) but discontinued it after some episodes. Will you write that version.

It is very refreshing to read the same story after a time period.